Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

DEN1895

Re: Denver Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:29 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
With these new additions, how many airports will DEN serve nonstop? I would guess it has to be around 200 at this point.

Before COVID hit the airport had 214 destinations, only three of these are new routes while the rest are new airlines flying previous routes. With how many routes may not come back right away, which is at least 25, the count is probably around 190 right now.

DEN1895

Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:43 pm

July numbers are in, and they are decent…
First let’s look at how DEN compares to the other top airports in the US, all numbers are in the millions.
DFW
June: 2.213
July: 3.235
DEN
June: 1.750
July: 2.592
ATL
June: 1.583
July: 2.395
CLT
June: 1.567
July: 1.993
ORD
June: 1.225
July: Not posted
LAX
June: 1.033
July: 1.523

Next stats for each airline for July.
WN: 945,160 (46.6%)
UA: 782,991 (73.8%)
F9: 479,485 (45.5%)
AA: 154,607 (48.0%)
DL: 81,130 (77.4%)
This is the third month that SW has higher passenger traffic than UA, it is possible that they could pass UA for the year if they keep up this pace.

DEN1895

Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello everyone, one development that was quietly announced a few months ago but I have heard very little about is that the C East expansion is growing larger. In order to free up more space on Concourse A, the commuters (Boutique, Denver Air Connection/Key Lime) will be moved to the east end of C with a small ground load facility being constructed at the end of the concourse. Unfortunately very little info has been given on how many additional aircraft parking or how large the ground load facility will be. The current ground load facility on A has 8-10 aircraft parking spots, in addition to a deice pad for the commuter aircraft. The reason for the move is to give Frontier more space when they move to both the north and south ground load facilities when UA moves into their current gates on A. Depending on the final configuration of A East, Frontier should have a similar amount of gates as they currently do with the possibility of adding one or two gates.

Below is a picture of the current entrance to the A commuter facility.

And the east end of C with the hole punched through for a similar style entrance.

Frontier14

Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Thanks for this update. I was not aware of the commuter re-location plans, but I guess it makes some sense. It probably paves the way too for the eventual eastward expansion of A concourse in the future. Appreciate the photos. You provide those of us interested in DEN aviation way more information that DIA's public relations personnel.

Frontier 14

Tue Sep 15, 2020 4:23 pm

DEN1895 wrote:
Hello everyone, one development that was quietly announced a few months ago but I have heard very little about is that the C East expansion is growing larger. In order to free up more space on Concourse A, the commuters (Boutique, Denver Air Connection/Key Lime) will be moved to the east end of C with a small ground load facility being constructed at the end of the concourse. Unfortunately very little info has been given on how many additional aircraft parking or how large the ground load facility will be. The current ground load facility on A has 8-10 aircraft parking spots, in addition to a deice pad for the commuter aircraft. The reason for the move is to give Frontier more space when they move to both the north and south ground load facilities when UA moves into their current gates on A. Depending on the final configuration of A East, Frontier should have a similar amount of gates as they currently do with the possibility of adding one or two gates.

Below is a picture of the current entrance to the A commuter facility.

And the east end of C with the hole punched through for a similar style entrance.

Is there gonna be enough room between the east end of C and the taxiways? It doesn’t look like it.

timf

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:06 pm

BNAMealer wrote:
Is there gonna be enough room between the east end of C and the taxiways? It doesn’t look like it.

Perhaps they will use remote gates and this will just be a bus stop.

BusBlitz

Tue Sep 15, 2020 5:09 pm

timf wrote:
BNAMealer wrote:

Perhaps they will use remote gates and this will just be a bus stop.

Denver doesn't use bus gates to the best of my knowledge.

DEN1895

Tue Sep 15, 2020 7:41 pm

BNAMealer wrote:

The facility will not be very large, most likely just a hold room and maybe a covered walkway out to the aircraft, currently the commuters only use the very end of the existing A facility. At the east end of C there is a taxiway wide enough for a 757, and a RON pad large enough for a A321. If needed the can remove the RON pad and just have the taxiway similar to how the east end of B is.

Sorry for the blurry pic, it is a low res satellite picture from 9/13 to show the construction, you can look at it on Google maps but C is not fully built out.

rph99

Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:50 pm

Can’t believe UA is taking F9s amazing gates. Walking over that bridge and seeing all the animal tails has always been a signature sight at DEN. Gonna be a lot of plain white UA planes that aren’t particularly attractive to the eye.

STT757

Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:09 pm

rph99 wrote:
Can’t believe UA is taking F9s amazing gates. Walking over that bridge and seeing all the animal tails has always been a signature sight at DEN. Gonna be a lot of plain white UA planes that aren’t particularly attractive to the eye.

United's new livery should pop out a lot more than F9s on dreary gray Winter days.
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

jetmatt777

Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:57 am

Starting today the airport has launched a "premium" service to allow people to pay to board the train to the concourse in a separate car from the unclean. This results in the other 3 cars being even more cramped while the first car has no one in it. Absolutely insane and stupid idea to cramp people closer together to satisfy the desires of the rich to not associate with the rest of us. The trains are crowded enough, now 4 cars worth of passengers are consolidated into 3.

joeblow10

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:00 am

jetmatt777 wrote:
Starting today the airport has launched a "premium" service to allow people to pay to board the train to the concourse in a separate car from the unclean. This results in the other 3 cars being even more cramped while the first car has no one in it. Absolutely insane and stupid idea to cramp people closer together to satisfy the desires of the rich to not associate with the rest of us. The trains are crowded enough, now 4 cars worth of passengers are consolidated into 3.

Is this an April’s fools joke in September? The level of insanity among DEN airport management somehow gets wilder by the day...

DEN1895

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:30 am

jetmatt777 wrote:

While I am not a big fan of the program, especially reducing the train capacity, a few things to point out:
-There is no charge to use the service, anyone can sign up just by downloading the app, after that you can pick a time to go through a dedicated screening lane and use the specific train car.
-The program will not be in place during peak times, all 4 train cars should be usable, not sure if this happened today or not, but that is what should happen. The idea is by having people schedule times they can have them go through during off peak times.
-The company approached the airport and offered to run the service for free as a pilot that could then be rolled out to other airports.
-There is a 2nd part of the service that will be coming before the end of the year which will make travelling for badge employees easier and reduce the stress on the trains.
-Since the company is paying for everything, if it doesn't work out in a few months the can switch everything back to normal without any real loss.

jetmatt777

Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:36 am

Okay, so even if it is free, WHY would they think now is an OK time to reduce capacity by 25% to test a pilot program? People do not know about this program, and most people do not download apps for this kind of thing. In the age of social distancing, forcing people closer together in already cramped circumstances is beyond comprehension. Do they expect a company to run this for free forever? I doubt it, I am sure a charge is in the plans assuming they like it. Why would they even let a third party come in and take over 25% of the airport's people mover capacity, even for free (for now).

DEN1895

Wed Sep 16, 2020 2:59 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
Okay, so even if it is free, WHY would they think now is an OK time to reduce capacity by 25% to test a pilot program? People do not know about this program, and most people do not download apps for this kind of thing. In the age of social distancing, forcing people closer together in already cramped circumstances is beyond comprehension. Do they expect a company to run this for free forever? I doubt it, I am sure a charge is in the plans assuming they like it. Why would they even let a third party come in and take over 25% of the airport's people mover capacity, even for free (for now).

The new program also involves the screening process with a dedicated lane on South Screening, they will be selling it as providing more social distancing to the people who think they need it. It will also include a health survey and a temp check at the airport in order to use the service. I guess we will find out how successful it ends up being, but I don't see it making a big difference overall.

AndoAv8R

Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:58 pm

I'm curious to know how many train units they have vs how many are in daily operation? I thought at one time I heard they can increase the amount of train units to support more capacity. Also I seemed to recall when I worked ramp back in 2006 they wanted most of the employees to take the shuttle buses for employee transport out to the concourses.

DaCubbyBearBar

Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:50 pm

AndoAv8R wrote:
I'm curious to know how many train units they have vs how many are in daily operation? I thought at one time I heard they can increase the amount of train units to support more capacity. Also I seemed to recall when I worked ramp back in 2006 they wanted most of the employees to take the shuttle buses for employee transport out to the concourses.

Do the airlines have their own buses, or are they DEN airport buses? Are they stopping at all concourses?
I am me and no one else...so my opinions are mine

guppyflyer

Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:04 pm

DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
Do the airlines have their own buses, or are they DEN airport buses? Are they stopping at all concourses?

They are DIA buses, and for the time being the airside lot has been closed and all employee parking is next to the terminal. No buses right now, when we do have bus service they stop at specific concourses.

TWA772LR

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:01 pm

DEN1895 wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

The new program also involves the screening process with a dedicated lane on South Screening, they will be selling it as providing more social distancing to the people who think they need it. It will also include a health survey and a temp check at the airport in order to use the service. I guess we will find out how successful it ends up being, but I don't see it making a big difference overall.

Paying for social distancing? Sounds kinda illegal to me.

Back on topic, I flew in to DEN yesterday on UA and parked at C38. The C construction seems to be coming along nicely and looks like it could be done by the end of next year. It was also nice catching up with a SWA friend of mine since I arrived in C but there were plenty of open gates in B so not sure why I parked in C. And the Great Hall mess seems to be going along. Looks like there are new barriers at least coming up from the train, any word on the Great Hall?
When wasn't America great?

The thoughts and opinions shared under this username are mine and are not influenced by my employer.

DEN1895

Sat Sep 19, 2020 5:21 pm

TWA772LR wrote:
DEN1895 wrote:
jetmatt777 wrote:

Paying for social distancing? Sounds kinda illegal to me.

Back on topic, I flew in to DEN yesterday on UA and parked at C38. The C construction seems to be coming along nicely and looks like it could be done by the end of next year. It was also nice catching up with a SWA friend of mine since I arrived in C but there were plenty of open gates in B so not sure why I parked in C. And the Great Hall mess seems to be going along. Looks like there are new barriers at least coming up from the train, any word on the Great Hall?

The service is free to passengers, we were discussing the cost to the airport to run the lane.

You are correct that the Great Hall is moving along, the past few weeks they have begun the structural framing on the east side with drywall now going up. The west side seems to be about 4 weeks behind the east, the exterior crane for the west was removed last week. Everything should still be on track for a Q3/Q4 opening next year.

Hard to get good pics but here is some of east side level 6

intotheair

Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:42 am

I was at DEN yesterday and thought I'd share some pictures. I went up to the UA Club to get a slightly better look. There aren't many other good reasons for going to the UA Club these days.

The C-East extension looks huge, and the exterior is going up.

A-West coming along as well. I'm guessing the new UA Club will be the top floor of the node.

I thought this was interesting too. You can see what look like elevator shafts and stairwells on the north side of A-West for FIS gates.
300 319 320 321 332 333 345 346 380 717 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 752 753 762 763 772 77W 788 789 CR2 CR7 CR9 CRK Q400 E175 DC10 MD82 MD90
AA AF AS AY AZ B6 BA BR DL F9 FI GA HA KF LH MI QX SK SN SQ UA US VY WN

DaCubbyBearBar

Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:50 am

Just amazed at the size of DEN additions!! I was in college in Denver when they started this out in the middle of nowhere. How times have changed! Any pictures of the new hangar?

AndoAv8R

Thu Sep 24, 2020 12:14 pm

Just out of curiosity I thought i heard British Airways was going to restart this month, any updates as to when it will resume and what plane type it'll resume with?

CALMSP

Thu Sep 24, 2020 1:54 pm

AndoAv8R wrote:
Just out of curiosity I thought i heard British Airways was going to restart this month, any updates as to when it will resume and what plane type it'll resume with?

the a/c is planned to be a 789

LASVegan

Thu Sep 24, 2020 5:18 pm

AndoAv8R wrote:

Didn’t see this. Awesome news though! Now if DEN can get one of its LH links back and travel to Europe open back up and I’ll be a happy camper.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what was BA’s precovid plan to replace the 744 to DEN when they were retired?

DEN1895

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:17 pm

AndoAv8R wrote:

It is currently showing the end of October, but BA has said they will most likely cancel those flights and continue to cancel one month out until enough demand returns. This is similar to how the US airlines are keeping their flights open to gauge demand then canceling one month out, so hopefully they return sometime in November. LH still has the Munich flight returning at the end of October, haven't heard yet how for sure that will be as that is just as far back as they have cut it so far, only cutting it one month at a time.

DEN1895

Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:20 pm

DaCubbyBearBar wrote:
Just amazed at the size of DEN additions!! I was in college in Denver when they started this out in the middle of nowhere. How times have changed! Any pictures of the new hangar?

Post 246 has a picture from mid August, and it has not really changed much. The project is running behind schedule and will no longer be complete this year due to difficulties with COVID.

CALMSP

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:12 pm

LASVegan wrote:
AndoAv8R wrote:

Didn’t see this. Awesome news though! Now if DEN can get one of its LH links back and travel to Europe open back up and I’ll be a happy camper.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what was BA’s precovid plan to replace the 744 to DEN when they were retired?

it was planned to go 789 with the retirement of the 744.

mcg

Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:57 pm

I was out at DIA yesterday and two things really struck me. First, how incredibly few people were in the airport. There was absolutely no line at security, no line at check in. I've going to DIA since it opened and I've never, ever seen it that empty, even on holidays. Second, the Great Hall is pretty profoundly ripped up and there didn't seem to be very much construction work going on. I know construction work can take place 'behind the scenes' and steps have to completed one at a time, but i saw very little activity.

NightStar

Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:08 pm

I LOVE Denver's airport. It is my favorite airport on the entire planet. I just love it's unique design and unusual, evocative artwork. There is just no other airport quite like Denver. I have heard "rumors" that they are painting over the wall frescoes and taking down some of the gorgon statues. I have also read that the "peaks" on the roof are going to be eliminated also. Are any of these rumors true?? I sure hope not.

mcg

Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:45 am

I don't think the roof is going anywhere. The art inside is always subject to change, don't know what the current plan is.

DEN1895

Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:08 am

NightStar wrote:
I LOVE Denver's airport. It is my favorite airport on the entire planet. I just love it's unique design and unusual, evocative artwork. There is just no other airport quite like Denver. I have heard "rumors" that they are painting over the wall frescoes and taking down some of the gorgon statues. I have also read that the "peaks" on the roof are going to be eliminated also. Are any of these rumors true?? I sure hope not.

Some art has been temporarily removed due to the construction, but everything will be returning back to the terminal. The tents are definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

Frontier14

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:05 pm

DEN1895 wrote:
DaCubbyBearBar wrote:

Post 246 has a picture from mid August, and it has not really changed much. The project is running behind schedule and will no longer be complete this year due to difficulties with COVID.

I thought I recalled reading DIA's Day saying that overall construction was ahead of schedule given the Covid impact of less passengers, etc....
Was I misinformed?

Frontier 14

DEN1895

Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:09 pm

Frontier14 wrote:

I thought I recalled reading DIA's Day saying that overall construction was ahead of schedule given the Covid impact of less passengers, etc....
Was I misinformed?

Frontier 14

That was only in reference to the SW hangar, it was scheduled to be done Q4 this year but it is looking like Q1/Q2 of next year. The Great Hall and other projects still on schedule or ahead.

NightStar

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:31 pm

DEN1895 wrote:
NightStar wrote:

Some art has been temporarily removed due to the construction, but everything will be returning back to the terminal. The tents are definitely not going anywhere anytime soon.

Thank goodness. I had even read somewhere that Blucifer was going to be removed. The airport staff pretty much killed that rumor but still the rumors swirled with the murals and other artwork, especially after they were removed from view. So thankful it is temporary. To destroy that eye-catching architecture and interesting artwork in the name of "renovations" would be a crime against humanity.

smokeybandit

Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:43 pm

I last flew out of DEN in July, and I was literally the only person in the TSA Precheck line.

ytib

Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:00 pm

mcg wrote:
Second, the Great Hall is pretty profoundly ripped up and there didn't seem to be very much construction work going on. I know construction work can take place 'behind the scenes' and steps have to completed one at a time, but i saw very little activity.

In the past the work on The Great Hall was being done overnight due to the amount of noise generated. I am not sure if this is still the case, but as someone who would arrived back around 11pm or later it was quite loud at times.
318, 319, 320, 321, 332, 333, 388, 707, 717, 722, 732, 733, 734, 73Q, 735, 73G, 738, 7M8, 739, 752, 753, 742, 74L, 744, 762, 763, 772, 77L, 77W, 789, 142, CN1, CR2, CR7, DC8, DH2, DH8, D8Q, D10, D95, EM2, ER3, ER4, E70, 100, J31, M11, M83, M88, M90, SF3

FriscoHeavy

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:26 pm

mcg wrote:
I was out at DIA yesterday and two things really struck me. First, how incredibly few people were in the airport. There was absolutely no line at security, no line at check in. I've going to DIA since it opened and I've never, ever seen it that empty, even on holidays. Second, the Great Hall is pretty profoundly ripped up and there didn't seem to be very much construction work going on. I know construction work can take place 'behind the scenes' and steps have to completed one at a time, but i saw very little activity.

Conversely, when I was through there on Sunday, two weeks ago, it was very busy. It didn’t take long to go through the formalities, but the terminal was very crowded - it surprised me.
Whatever

joeblow10

Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:31 pm

FriscoHeavy wrote:
mcg wrote:

Conversely, when I was through there on Sunday, two weeks ago, it was very busy. It didn’t take long to go through the formalities, but the terminal was very crowded - it surprised me.

It's all based on whether you go thru there at peak bank time - I did that a week after labor day and it was jam packed. The people not seeing lines likely are going thru in between the big UA/WN banks

xjetflyer2001

Fri Sep 25, 2020 11:31 pm

LASVegan wrote:
AndoAv8R wrote:

I had saw on airline route news a month or so ago that they were going to upgrade the BA route shortly after restarting to a 787-10, but I just looked out until March 21 and it's still showing the 787-9 now. So maybe those plans have changed for the time being, but hopefully the 787-10 will be flying the route before to long.

ADent

Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:49 am

I was trying to figure out what the Great Hall project was going to get us since the security move was canceled. Came across this: https://www.flydenver.com/about/improve ... l/benefits

Looks like the new check in area (ticketing pods) will be done next fall.
Milestones for Phase I of the Great Hall Project include:
Ticket Pod Steel Completion: All the structural steel for ticketing pods are delivered, installed and completed | Estimated Completion: Q3 2020

Central Monitoring Facility: The new area where TSA resolves checked baggage screening is completed | Estimated Completion: Q1 2021

Ticket Pod Completion: The new ticketing pods are complete and ready for airline use | Estimated Completion: Q3 2021

Commissioning: Verifying that the building’s systems operate as intended | Estimated Completion: Q3 2021

Substantial Completion: The majority of the scope of Phase I work is complete and the space can be occupied by the airlines | Estimated Completion: Q4 2021

And at the dashboard ( https://www.flydenver.com/about/improve ... /dashboard ) they have claimed completion on the Ticket Pod Steel.

DEN1895

Sun Sep 27, 2020 9:55 pm

Hello time for the (late) September construction update!

A West
Project is still in the structural steel phase which will probably run through Nov/Dec. From the south, the white building on the left of the picture is roughly where the new building will end:
From the north, the concrete structures on the outside of the steel are the elevators for the customs flights to take arriving pax to the mezzanine level. Similar to the first picture, the building on the right is where the new expansion will end:

B West
This project is wrapping up, the last jet bridge has been installed on the south side, the only exterior construction left is where new and old meet, and where the old jet bridges used to connect. This project will be completed and open before Thanksgiving, from the south:

B East
With the structural steel now complete the exterior elements are starting to go up, from the south:
From the north:
From the north-east, first glass installed:

C East
Similar to B East, exterior elements are going up, with large sections of window framing complete, the roof and skylights are somewhat complete, and the north side has a larger section of the glass wall complete.
From the south:
From the north with windows complete:

Southwest hangar
Not a lot of change, completion delayed until next year:

Special visitor that delivered the Tampa Bay Buccaneers:

Frontier14

Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:03 am

As always, appreciate your efforts to provide photos of construction progress at DIA.

Frontier 14

DaCubbyBearBar

Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:58 am

THANK YOU ALL for the pictures!! Love the updates and the visuals.

mcg

Mon Sep 28, 2020 3:35 pm

ADent wrote:
I was trying to figure out what the Great Hall project was going to get us since the security move was canceled. Came across this: https://www.flydenver.com/about/improve ... l/benefits

Looks like the new check in area (ticketing pods) will be done next fall.
Milestones for Phase I of the Great Hall Project include:
Ticket Pod Steel Completion: All the structural steel for ticketing pods are delivered, installed and completed | Estimated Completion: Q3 2020

Central Monitoring Facility: The new area where TSA resolves checked baggage screening is completed | Estimated Completion: Q1 2021

Ticket Pod Completion: The new ticketing pods are complete and ready for airline use | Estimated Completion: Q3 2021

Commissioning: Verifying that the building’s systems operate as intended | Estimated Completion: Q3 2021

Substantial Completion: The majority of the scope of Phase I work is complete and the space can be occupied by the airlines | Estimated Completion: Q4 2021

I'm really curious as to how the Great Hall will work when the project is complete. The benefits noted in the website above don't seem to 'balance' (for lack of a better word) with the degree of construction turmoil in the building.
And at the dashboard ( https://www.flydenver.com/about/improve ... /dashboard ) they have claimed completion on the Ticket Pod Steel.

Kden95

Thu Oct 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Any idea of when Air Canada brings back the Toronto and Montreal flights. Also what aircraft they plan to use, still the A220?

DEN1895

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:16 pm

Kden95 wrote:
Any idea of when Air Canada brings back the Toronto and Montreal flights. Also what aircraft they plan to use, still the A220?

I don't even think Air Canada knows that right now, they tried one daily CRJ back in July but said that due to the travel restrictions there was not enough demand and too many last minute cancelations, they have continue to cancel all routes since then.

DEN1895

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:36 pm

August numbers are in, first let’s look at how DEN compares to the other top airports in the US, all numbers are in the millions.
DFW
July: 3.235
Aug: 3.266 (-52.5%)
ATL
July: 2.395
Aug: 2.995 (-69.7%)
DEN
July: 2.592
Aug: 2.985 (-53.7%)
ORD
July: 2.055 (-74.8%)
Aug: Not posted
CLT
July: 1.993
Aug: 2.114 (-50.9%)
LAX
July: 1.523
Aug: 1.707 (-79%)

Overall the airport was down 53.7% for the month and 53.2% for the year, domestic is down 52.5% and international 67.5%. Transfer traffic continues to increase, moving from 35.6% last year to 43.6% this year for Aug.

Next stats for each airline for July.
UA: 1,087,335 (-61.4%)
WN: 951,646 (-44.3%)
F9: 533,026 (-38.1%)
AA: 171,353 (-42.6%)
DL: 105,907 (-70.3%)

YTD stats for each airline.
UA: 8,930,685 (-56.4%)
WN: 6,600,751 (-47.3%)
F9: 2,837,832 (-48.5%)
AA: 1,110,484 (-49.3%)
DL: 969,409 (-60.8%)

jhsusman

Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:36 pm

Sounds like UA is adding back DEN-FRA next month. I wonder if LH will ever bring back their DEN-FRA connection or if they will rely on United's metal. . .

rjbesikof

Sat Oct 03, 2020 5:53 am

jhsusman wrote:
Sounds like UA is adding back DEN-FRA next month. I wonder if LH will ever bring back their DEN-FRA connection or if they will rely on United's metal. . .

No, I think they will rely on United. With Lufthansa's entire A380/346 fleet being eliminated, Lufthansa will probably want to focus on markets where there is not as much redundancy. Do you think LH will hand DEN-MUC over to UA?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos