Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
CFRPwingALbody
Posts: 392
Joined: Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:13 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 9:42 am

The Trouw article states that the 500k limit stays until 2024. So no increase until 2024. Beyond 2024 growth of 1-1,5% is allowed, if earned by operating more efficiently and less noisy.
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 10:12 am

I saw some information online that SN will be removing 10 planes while some others refer to 13 aircraft. Which is it in the end? Do we know what planes will leave for sure?
 
777klm
Posts: 560
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:23 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 10:56 am

Blerg wrote:
I saw some information online that SN will be removing 10 planes while some others refer to 13 aircraft. Which is it in the end? Do we know what planes will leave for sure?


From 54 down to 38 aircraft, so 16 in total.

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/brus ... te-creeren
Home airport: AMS
Next flight: CNX - BKK
 
Jetty
Posts: 1385
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 11:01 am

CFRPwingALbody wrote:
I thought I explained it clearly. The 500k is for commercial flights only. But the number of commercial flights (500k) is based on a sound contour and all flights to an airport.
If planes become less noisy the amount of commercial flights can grow. Or the permitted noise emissions are increased.
I think, before Covid-19; the increase from 500k to 540k commercial flight was created by allowing more noise. I think that the growth now has to come from operating less noisy.
I know there are more factors determining the permitted amount of commercial flights. But AFAIK noise is one of the more important. ATM planning and emissions are others.

Your explanation is clear but wrong. The number of flights -commercial indeed- allowed since 2008 is a fixed arbitrary number not dependent on noise levels or other factors. The increase in 2008 was based on forecasted noise and emissions levels but that is something else than that it’s adjusted based on those levels. There has been no increase since 2008 or before Covid. 540K was discussed and is now officially planned (but not formal yet).
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12346
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 12:08 pm

CFRPwingALbody wrote:
I thought I explained it clearly.


AFAIK you are both right and totally wrong. ;)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 1:17 pm

777klm wrote:
Blerg wrote:
I saw some information online that SN will be removing 10 planes while some others refer to 13 aircraft. Which is it in the end? Do we know what planes will leave for sure?


From 54 down to 38 aircraft, so 16 in total.

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/brus ... te-creeren


Thank you, so we still don't know which planes will be leaving their fleet?
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 12346
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 1:38 pm

Blerg wrote:
777klm wrote:
Blerg wrote:
I saw some information online that SN will be removing 10 planes while some others refer to 13 aircraft. Which is it in the end? Do we know what planes will leave for sure?


From 54 down to 38 aircraft, so 16 in total.

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/brus ... te-creeren


Thank you, so we still don't know which planes will be leaving their fleet?


27 destinations will be cut, among them:
Europe: Lanzarote, Madeira, Kos, Sint-Petersburg, Krakau, Warschau, Sevilla, Valencia, Bristol, Hannover, Moskou, Billund, Santorini and Vilnius
Africa: Marrakesh, Ouagadougou and Conakry

3 destination will be added: Frankfurt, München and Zürich

Source

So based on that, we will see cuts in the A320 fleet and might be 1 A330.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 16, 2020 1:58 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Blerg wrote:
777klm wrote:

From 54 down to 38 aircraft, so 16 in total.

https://press.brusselsairlines.com/brus ... te-creeren


Thank you, so we still don't know which planes will be leaving their fleet?


27 destinations will be cut, among them:
Europe: Lanzarote, Madeira, Kos, Sint-Petersburg, Krakau, Warschau, Sevilla, Valencia, Bristol, Hannover, Moskou, Billund, Santorini and Vilnius
Africa: Marrakesh, Ouagadougou and Conakry

3 destination will be added: Frankfurt, München and Zürich

Source

So based on that, we will see cuts in the A320 fleet and might be 1 A330.


I have to say that I am shocked that they haven't been flying to FRA, MUC and ZRH! I wonder if some LX and LH flights might get transferred to SN.
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 22, 2020 8:57 pm

Luxair to launch Luxembourg - Manchester from 29 June 2020

LUX 1340-1430 MAN (Mon, Wed & Fri)
MAN 1510-1800 LUX (Mon, Wed & Fri)
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Was Manchester-Luxembourg profitable for Flybe when they were around ?
 
User001
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri May 22, 2020 9:29 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Was Manchester-Luxembourg profitable for Flybe when they were around ?


It was a route that was served until the very end, as well as expanded from 4 weekly to daily in its last year, so, can only use that anecdotal evidence to suggest it was. The fact Luxair are picking up the route, in the midst of this crisis, seem to confirm as such.
 
oldJoe
Posts: 484
Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 2:12 am

User001 wrote:
davidjohnson6 wrote:
Was Manchester-Luxembourg profitable for Flybe when they were around ?


It was a route that was served until the very end, as well as expanded from 4 weekly to daily in its last year, so, can only use that anecdotal evidence to suggest it was. The fact Luxair are picking up the route, in the midst of this crisis, seem to confirm as such.

Luxair is more or less a state owned company. Do they really need a route to Manchester that often ?
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 4:35 am

What plane will they use on this route? Q400? Also are they going for locals or do they also offer transfer options via LUX?
 
User001
Posts: 1131
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 7:35 am

oldJoe wrote:
Luxair is more or less a state owned company. Do they really need a route to Manchester that often ?


Given they are starting the route, clearly they do.
 
eurotrader85
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 10:58 am

Blerg wrote:
What plane will they use on this route? Q400? Also are they going for locals or do they also offer transfer options via LUX?


Yes Q400 which makes sense given the capacity Flybe had on the route.

Plenty of expat traffic going back and forth but not sure if offering transfer traffic. Is a shame if not as LUX would be a gem to transfer through.
 
eurotrader85
Posts: 213
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:45 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 11:02 am

Blerg wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Thank you, so we still don't know which planes will be leaving their fleet?


27 destinations will be cut, among them:
Europe: Lanzarote, Madeira, Kos, Sint-Petersburg, Krakau, Warschau, Sevilla, Valencia, Bristol, Hannover, Moskou, Billund, Santorini and Vilnius
Africa: Marrakesh, Ouagadougou and Conakry

3 destination will be added: Frankfurt, München and Zürich

Source

So based on that, we will see cuts in the A320 fleet and might be 1 A330.


I have to say that I am shocked that they haven't been flying to FRA, MUC and ZRH! I wonder if some LX and LH flights might get transferred to SN.


Its a fair point, obviously all LH group now anyway but given ZRH-BRU was possibly the most ridiculously expensive flight on the planet you would have thought SN would have been in there on their metal before.
 
PlaneGeek22
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 11:27 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 11:32 am

Blerg wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Thank you, so we still don't know which planes will be leaving their fleet?


27 destinations will be cut, among them:
Europe: Lanzarote, Madeira, Kos, Sint-Petersburg, Krakau, Warschau, Sevilla, Valencia, Bristol, Hannover, Moskou, Billund, Santorini and Vilnius
Africa: Marrakesh, Ouagadougou and Conakry

3 destination will be added: Frankfurt, München and Zürich

Source

So based on that, we will see cuts in the A320 fleet and might be 1 A330.


I have to say that I am shocked that they haven't been flying to FRA, MUC and ZRH! I wonder if some LX and LH flights might get transferred to SN.


Personally I am not surprised. Doesn't make sense to compete like that. However, because of coronavirus, there is more focus on shorter routes because there, demand will come back quicker. So now, more capacity on key business routes are important.
 
blueflyer
Posts: 4352
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat May 23, 2020 7:39 pm

eurotrader85 wrote:
Its a fair point, obviously all LH group now anyway but given ZRH-BRU was possibly the most ridiculously expensive flight on the planet you would have thought SN would have been in there on their metal before.

PlaneGeek22 wrote:
Personally I am not surprised. Doesn't make sense to compete like that. However, because of coronavirus, there is more focus on shorter routes because there, demand will come back quicker. So now, more capacity on key business routes are important.

It is a bit disingenuous for Brussels Airlines to trump the opening of these three new destinations because they are not real gains. All Lufthansa group airlines have been told to cooperate in order to minimize overnight stops to the extent possible across their entire European network. Brussels Airlines is opening FRA, ZRH and MUC so Lufthansa and Swiss crew no longer overnight in BRU to operate the first flight out to their respective hubs. At the same time, look for Lufthansa to take over the first flight out to BRU out of German markets where they have a crew base. Swiss should take over the first flight out from GVA to BRU which was previously operated by Brussels Airlines. So no real gain.

Brussels Airlines is also working on rescheduling their flights to Africa (I think delaying departures by about two hours) to give themselves enough time to cut night stops at most European outstations, start their planes and crew from BRU every day and complete a rotation back to BRU in time to connect with their African flights.

As an aside, efforts to minimize night stops are making labor negotiations more difficult as crew will probably see a significant cut in the portion of their income from overnight stops, however it is hard to estimate how much until a schedule is published.... and anything resembling a full schedule isn't going to be published anytime soon.

Dutchy wrote:
So based on that, we will see cuts in the A320 fleet and might be 1 A330.

Of the 16 aircraft to be removed (see press release link in a previous post), 5 are CitiJet CRJs (wet lease cancellation), 9 A320s, and 2 A330s.
Between the two of them, I believe that OUA and CKY added up to three weekly frequencies, so if 2 A330s are to be retired, other long-haul destinations will see significant frequency cuts.
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun May 24, 2020 5:19 am

blueflyer wrote:
eurotrader85 wrote:
Its a fair point, obviously all LH group now anyway but given ZRH-BRU was possibly the most ridiculously expensive flight on the planet you would have thought SN would have been in there on their metal before.

PlaneGeek22 wrote:
Personally I am not surprised. Doesn't make sense to compete like that. However, because of coronavirus, there is more focus on shorter routes because there, demand will come back quicker. So now, more capacity on key business routes are important.

It is a bit disingenuous for Brussels Airlines to trump the opening of these three new destinations because they are not real gains. All Lufthansa group airlines have been told to cooperate in order to minimize overnight stops to the extent possible across their entire European network. Brussels Airlines is opening FRA, ZRH and MUC so Lufthansa and Swiss crew no longer overnight in BRU to operate the first flight out to their respective hubs. At the same time, look for Lufthansa to take over the first flight out to BRU out of German markets where they have a crew base. Swiss should take over the first flight out from GVA to BRU which was previously operated by Brussels Airlines. So no real gain.

Brussels Airlines is also working on rescheduling their flights to Africa (I think delaying departures by about two hours) to give themselves enough time to cut night stops at most European outstations, start their planes and crew from BRU every day and complete a rotation back to BRU in time to connect with their African flights.

As an aside, efforts to minimize night stops are making labor negotiations more difficult as crew will probably see a significant cut in the portion of their income from overnight stops, however it is hard to estimate how much until a schedule is published.... and anything resembling a full schedule isn't going to be published anytime soon.

Dutchy wrote:
So based on that, we will see cuts in the A320 fleet and might be 1 A330.

Of the 16 aircraft to be removed (see press release link in a previous post), 5 are CitiJet CRJs (wet lease cancellation), 9 A320s, and 2 A330s.
Between the two of them, I believe that OUA and CKY added up to three weekly frequencies, so if 2 A330s are to be retired, other long-haul destinations will see significant frequency cuts.


Very interesting, thank you for that. So basically it's all about reshuffling and cost cutting in the end.
 
User avatar
Alsatian
Posts: 663
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 10:19 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Jun 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Luxair will launch LUX - BOD and MRS routes from late june to late september :

LG 8171 LUX 645 - 840 BOD -----6- DH4
LG 8173 LUX 1200 - 1355 BOD --3---- DH4
LG 8172 BOD 920 - 1110 LUX -----6- DH4
LG 8174 BOD 1440 - 1630 LUX --3---- DH4

LG 8281 LUX 1315 - 1455 MRS ---4--- DH4
LG 8283 LUX 1320 - 1500 MRS ------7 DH4
LG 8282 MRS 1535 - 1720 LUX ---4--- DH4
LG 8284 MRS 1545 - 1730 LUX ------7 DH4

https://www.luxair.lu/en
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jun 18, 2020 9:05 pm

Seems like JU is profiting from coronavirus. In the system starting from 01.07 they got new slots at AMS so the departure from BEG is at 17.15 in stead of 17.50. That means the flight returns on time in order to catch all midnight departures which wasn't the case before (LCA, BEY, SVO, KRR...)
 
PlaneGeek22
Posts: 12
Joined: Sat May 23, 2020 11:27 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:23 pm

Singapore Airlines backtracks on Brussels launch, leaves Brussels with the current two A350s from Thai and Cathay.

https://www.aeronewsx.com/post/singapor ... els-launch
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:14 am

Wizz Air is terminating SKP-EIN flights. They have been removed from the reservation system.
 
User avatar
sassiciai
Posts: 1130
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:26 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:31 am

PlaneGeek22 wrote:
Singapore Airlines backtracks on Brussels launch, leaves Brussels with the current two A350s from Thai and Cathay.

https://www.aeronewsx.com/post/singapor ... els-launch

Could you elaborate a bit on what you mean. It is not as though only Cathay and Thai fly from BRU to Asia, and I am sure that they are not the only operators that send A350s to BRU

Actually, in June due to the pandemic, there are no flights scheduled to HKG or BKK with Cathay or Thai, but to Beijing there are 3 per week with Hainan
 
davidjohnson6
Posts: 1368
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:41 pm

Air Belgium to fly from BRU (not CRL) to Mauritius from 15 Dec 2020
https://onemileatatime.com/air-belgium- ... h_airports
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jul 17, 2020 7:22 am

Seems like the situation is getting quite bad at SN Brussels. They seem to be the only LH Group airline not to receive any financial aid so far, not from the government and not from their mother company. Because of that they had to delay the resumption of their long-haul flights thus affecting some 7.000 passengers. According to the link below, the brand's future is still uncertain as there is a possibility of them being merged with other brands such as CityLine, SunExpress or to become part of the new Ocean business venture.

Unfortunately it seems like LH Group isn't too willing to fight for SN. Can anyone guess how much longer they can go on like this? Delaying flights is a good indication of how bad things are.

https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-07-16-f ... 21486.html
 
PANAMsterdam
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:45 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:20 am

Blerg wrote:
Seems like the situation is getting quite bad at SN Brussels. They seem to be the only LH Group airline not to receive any financial aid so far, not from the government and not from their mother company. Because of that they had to delay the resumption of their long-haul flights thus affecting some 7.000 passengers. According to the link below, the brand's future is still uncertain as there is a possibility of them being merged with other brands such as CityLine, SunExpress or to become part of the new Ocean business venture.

Unfortunately it seems like LH Group isn't too willing to fight for SN. Can anyone guess how much longer they can go on like this? Delaying flights is a good indication of how bad things are.

https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-07-16-f ... 21486.html


Our friends in Belgium must feel screwed. Twice in 20+ years let down by a foreign airline. First Swissair now Lufthansa.
Every country has an airline. The world has Pan Am.
 
tomcat
Posts: 730
Joined: Thu Sep 28, 2000 4:14 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:13 pm

PANAMsterdam wrote:
Blerg wrote:
Seems like the situation is getting quite bad at SN Brussels. They seem to be the only LH Group airline not to receive any financial aid so far, not from the government and not from their mother company. Because of that they had to delay the resumption of their long-haul flights thus affecting some 7.000 passengers. According to the link below, the brand's future is still uncertain as there is a possibility of them being merged with other brands such as CityLine, SunExpress or to become part of the new Ocean business venture.

Unfortunately it seems like LH Group isn't too willing to fight for SN. Can anyone guess how much longer they can go on like this? Delaying flights is a good indication of how bad things are.

https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-07-16-f ... 21486.html


Our friends in Belgium must feel screwed. Twice in 20+ years let down by a foreign airline. First Swissair now Lufthansa.


Not at all, I'm not feeling screwed. Without Swissair, Sabena would have disappeared much earlier. Same story with Brussels Airlines and Lufthansa. My take on this is that the Belgian market combined with the cost of running a business in Belgium cannot support an airline operating exclusively from Belgium. It might as well be that we don't have sufficiently skilled managers to run an airline but I don't know enough about that to draw any definitive conclusion on this matter.

Where I'm rather feeling screwed is with the multiple layers of government constantly pouring the good taxpayer money into the ever failing Air Belgium, just because its founder is well connected to our little political microcosme (he used to be the managing director of TNT Airways in Liege Airport, a highly politicized environment).
 
airhansa
Posts: 380
Joined: Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:18 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:04 pm

There are two businesses in SN: "premium low cost" inherited from Virgin Europe and "Africa" inherited from SABENA.

Why not resurrect the SABENA brand for fifth freedom flights in Africa and to/from Africa? I'd personally prefer a Southern European or Eastern European base for a premium low cost airline, which would also make more geographic sense for an Africa-focused airline too.
 
Conti764
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jul 21, 2020 1:07 pm

A deal is agreed upon between the Belgian government and Lufthansa. Hurdles to be taken are the 'core' Belgian government, LH management and the European Commission but nobody expects any trouble.

In short:

A 290 million euro loan by the Belgian government, to be repaid by 2026.
LH pledges 170 million euro itself.
Two government appointed board members, altough without vetoing power.
The guarantee Brussels Airlines is to be retained as a brand, with (long haul) growth at BRU and decision making in Brussels. The integration of SN into the network division will continue.
Any breach of the agreement may be subject to a sanctioning mechanism both parties agreed upon.
 
sabenapilot
Posts: 3690
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2000 6:18 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:11 am

According to Belgium's Dutch-speeking public broadcaster VRT, Brussels Airport is to get US customs pre-clearance as first airport in continental Europe.

Agreement reached last week, dixit Belgium's Deputy PM.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/07/22 ... gt-lening/

Currently only Dublin/Shannon have US pre-clearance in Europe, so this facility definitely is a major competitive boost for the airport over surrounding ones.
 
mict
Posts: 300
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:19 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jul 22, 2020 12:59 pm

sabenapilot wrote:
According to Belgium's Dutch-speeking public broadcaster VRT, Brussels Airport is to get US customs pre-clearance as first airport in continental Europe.

Agreement reached last week, dixit Belgium's Deputy PM.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/07/22 ... gt-lening/

Currently only Dublin/Shannon have US pre-clearance in Europe, so this facility definitely is a major competitive boost for the airport over surrounding ones.


Wow amazing but surprising move!
There are very few flights from BRU to the US, IIRC:

UA: EWR, ORD, IAD
DL: JFK, ATL
SN: JFK, IAD
 
Conti764
Posts: 62
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:46 pm

mict wrote:
sabenapilot wrote:
According to Belgium's Dutch-speeking public broadcaster VRT, Brussels Airport is to get US customs pre-clearance as first airport in continental Europe.

Agreement reached last week, dixit Belgium's Deputy PM.

https://www.vrt.be/vrtnws/nl/2020/07/22 ... gt-lening/

Currently only Dublin/Shannon have US pre-clearance in Europe, so this facility definitely is a major competitive boost for the airport over surrounding ones.


Wow amazing but surprising move!
There are very few flights from BRU to the US, IIRC:

UA: EWR, ORD, IAD
DL: JFK, ATL
SN: JFK, IAD


Back in 2017 when the first reports of more pre clearance facilities surfaced, I was surprised to see BRU being mentioned amongst 'one of the bigger' European gateways to the US. With only 7 daily flights...
 
factsonly
Posts: 3105
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Aug 06, 2020 11:40 am

KLM has launched its longest non-stop route ever, in its 100 year history, from AMS to SCL - flight time over 14 hours.

- KL703 AMS 10.35 - SCL 18.40 B789 Wed, Sat
- KL704 SCL 10.40 - AMS 06.55 B789 Fri, Mon

The route will be flown for several weeks until the regular KL701 AMS-BUE-SCL can return.

AMS - BUE is currently served 4x weekly with B789/B772/B77W as CARGO only.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 3#252072f7
 
descl
Posts: 129
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:39 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:50 pm

factsonly wrote:
KLM has launched its longest non-stop route ever, in its 100 year history, from AMS to SCL - flight time over 14 hours.

- KL703 AMS 10.35 - SCL 18.40 B789 Wed, Sat
- KL704 SCL 10.40 - AMS 06.55 B789 Fri, Mon

The route will be flown for several weeks until the regular KL701 AMS-BUE-SCL can return.

AMS - BUE is currently served 4x weekly with B789/B772/B77W as CARGO only.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flig ... 3#252072f7

Hey, does anyone know how do LF look on these non-stop flights?
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 424
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:48 am

3 new Luxair routes:
LUX-KRK - begins 27 October 2020 - 3x weekly (Tue, Fri, Sun)
LUX-BLQ - begins 30 November 2020 - 2x weekly (Mon, Fri)
LUX-OTP - begins 30 November 2020 - 2x weekly (Tue, Thu)
 
factsonly
Posts: 3105
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:32 am

KLM will re-instate its AMS-GRZ route 4x weekly with E175 at the start of the W20 schedule at the end of October.
This is one of the last of KLM's European destinations to be re-instated after the COVID shut-down.

In the mean time KLM also announced new European destinations: Southampton and Poznan.

At present only Vaxjo and St. Petersburg remain suspened, VXO until January 4th, 2021.
 
Blerg
Posts: 4813
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:43 am

Wasn't Poznan announced before covid?
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5868
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:49 am

SeanM1997 wrote:
3 new Luxair routes:
LUX-KRK - begins 27 October 2020 - 3x weekly (Tue, Fri, Sun)
LUX-BLQ - begins 30 November 2020 - 2x weekly (Mon, Fri)
LUX-OTP - begins 30 November 2020 - 2x weekly (Tue, Thu)


It is unsurprising that Luxair is launching all those new routes targeting VFR and leisure. Luxair made money on business routes and business traffic is now dead.

I just checked LUX-LCY (which is their core route) and it is now down to 7xweekly (!) and prices for next week are very cheap. That route used to be 5-6 daily (lower on weekends because of non-working days + LCY restrictions) and Luxair would happily charge you 500 or 600 euros return for a flight.
 
factsonly
Posts: 3105
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:45 am

Blerg wrote:
Wasn't Poznan announced before covid?


Wroclaw was started in 2019, Poznan was announced on August 13th, 2020:

https://news.klm.com/klm-adds-fifth-des ... nd-poznan/
 
factsonly
Posts: 3105
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:08 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:16 am

Interesting Air Belgium operation on behalf of KF:

- 27 Oct 2020 CRL - BGO ABB470P A343 OO-ABA
- 28 Oct 2020 BGO - CPT KF4702 A343 OO-ABA
- 29 Oct 2020 CPT - BGO KF4703 A343 OO-ABA
- 31 Oct 2020 BGO - CRL ABB471P A343 OO-ABA

https://www.flightradar24.com/ABB471P/25ea53e5
 
SCQ83
Posts: 5868
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:32 pm

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:57 am

Luxair keeps adding more leisure destinations. For S21 they have added La Rochelle, Toulon and Heringsdorf. I wonder if this is the first scheduled flight ever between Benelux and HDF.
 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 2258
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Re: BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:35 am

Please continue to post your news and your discussion here:

BeNeLux Aviation Thread - 2021

Thread will be locked.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos