Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
SQ22
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 1928
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:29 am

Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:00 pm

Welcome to the Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread 2020. Please continue your discussion and to post your updates here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1435755
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:08 am

Possible DEN-BHM with Southwest if they decide to expands again at Denver
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
jplatts
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 02, 2020 12:37 am

Delta350 wrote:
Possible DEN-BHM with Southwest if they decide to expands again at Denver


I agree that WN adding DEN-BHM nonstop service might happen with BHM being one of the largest WN stations that doesn't already have nonstop service to DEN on WN.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:50 am

Maybe mainline flights on AA to CLT is a possibility?
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:09 am

gdavis003 wrote:
Maybe mainline flights on AA to CLT is a possibility?

Hopefully. I’d like to see more mainline at BHM
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
caleeiii
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 am

Not the best news for growth...

Fri Jan 03, 2020 2:46 am

Birmingham Airport Has Some Of The Least Crowded Flights In U.S.

https://patch.com/alabama/birmingham-al/birmingham-airport-has-some-least-crowded-flights-u-s
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 1:37 am

Mainline service on some Delta flights to ATL is now switching to 717-200s. Looks like DL2438 today was on a B712. Bye bye Mad Dogs
 
caleeiii
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:18 am

Frontier Airlines has suspended service at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport indefinitely.

A spokesperson with the airline said the termination of service at BHM is due to a lack of demand.

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/ ... e=facebook
 
jplatts
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:57 am

caleeiii wrote:
Frontier Airlines has suspended service at Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport indefinitely.

A spokesperson with the airline said the termination of service at BHM is due to a lack of demand.

https://www.bizjournals.com/birmingham/ ... e=facebook


WN can probably make BHM-DEN nonstop service work with
(a) WN already having a customer base in both the BHM and DEN markets to support BHM-DEN nonstop service,
(b) WN being able to offer more connections to destinations west of the Rocky Mountains from BHM through DEN than F9 was able to,
(c) BHM being one of the largest WN stations that doesn't already have nonstop service to DEN on WN,
(d) WN having 737-700's that have 143 seats vs. F9's A320's that have 180 seats,
(e) WN having a much bigger presence at DEN than F9 does,
and
(f) WN having a much bigger presence at BHM than F9 ever did.

WN adding DEN-BHM nonstop service should not be ruled out simply because of F9 pulling out of BHM due to WN being able to use 737-700's with fewer seats than F9's A320's on the DEN-BHM route and WN being able to offer more connections through DEN.
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Weren’t the F9 load factors in the high 80s?
 
Delta28L
Posts: 348
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:00 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:19 pm

ATLgaUSA wrote:
Weren’t the F9 load factors in the high 80s?


They’ve been known to cancel routes in the high 90s
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:50 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
Mainline service on some Delta flights to ATL is now switching to 717-200s. Looks like DL2438 today was on a B712. Bye bye Mad Dogs


I thought the Mad dogs were considered mainline
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
jplatts
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 08, 2020 12:06 am

Delta350 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
Mainline service on some Delta flights to ATL is now switching to 717-200s. Looks like DL2438 today was on a B712. Bye bye Mad Dogs


I thought the Mad dogs were considered mainline


The Mad Dogs are mainline airplanes, and DL operates the MD-88 variant of the MD-80 series.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:30 am

Delta350 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
Mainline service on some Delta flights to ATL is now switching to 717-200s. Looks like DL2438 today was on a B712. Bye bye Mad Dogs


I thought the Mad dogs were considered mainline


I might have phrased it wrong. The Mad Dogs are mainline as well as the B712
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:45 am

AA529 from DFW is now mainline
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:26 am

Delta350 wrote:
AA529 from DFW is now mainline

So, that’s two mainline flights a day now to DFW. I’d expect one or two CLT flights to get upgraded to mainline next year. US used to run all mainline on the BHM-CLT route, but only flew something like 5 flights a day.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:56 am

Wonder if F9 pulling BHM-DEN has anything to do with the expectation that WN will be adding that route in 2020. I think it is quite likely that WN does add it, and this makes it more likely I feel like
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Jan 22, 2020 5:24 am

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/GJS ... /KSTL/KBHM

This flight seems peculiar. The aircraft was supposed to make a turn in BHM back to DTW earlier today and was later used for a flight to STL and back to BHM. The later flight to DTW from BHM today was cancelled and the one that was supposed to leave around 11 AM took off late this evening. Anyone have any info?
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:00 pm

9 days until BHM attends routes America in Indiana, hope we get some west coast routes, new airlines and get back routes that were doing good.
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:06 am

I definitely see Breeze coming to BHM
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 2714
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:02 am

It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:30 am

Delta350 wrote:
I definitely see Breeze coming to BHM


Was thinking the exact same thing. Perfect fit. Service to places like RDU, SDF, and AUS (like Via attempted) might be feasible
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:31 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.


Have always wondered why UA flies HSV-IAD and not BHM-IAD. AA flies both BHM-DCA and HSV-DCA. Maybe BHM-IAD isn't there because of WN's BHM-BWI?
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:51 pm

gdavis003 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.


Have always wondered why UA flies HSV-IAD and not BHM-IAD. AA flies both BHM-DCA and HSV-DCA. Maybe BHM-IAD isn't there because of WN's BHM-BWI?


There are a lot of NASA and defense contractor businesses in the Huntsville area. I'd imagine Huntsville generates significantly more PDEW to the Washington area than BHM does.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3530
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:56 pm

TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.



It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.
Last edited by afcjets on Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
 
afcjets
Posts: 3530
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:57 pm

delete
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:03 pm

ATLgaUSA wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.


Have always wondered why UA flies HSV-IAD and not BHM-IAD. AA flies both BHM-DCA and HSV-DCA. Maybe BHM-IAD isn't there because of WN's BHM-BWI?


There are a lot of NASA and defense contractor businesses in the Huntsville area. I'd imagine Huntsville generates significantly more PDEW to the Washington area than BHM does.


Ah true. Yeah especially for Redstone and NASA. That makes sense
 
rambleriver
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:33 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:35 am

afcjets wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.



It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.


Interesting for sure, but I doubt United is going to revive a 30-year old route that overflies two hubs for the ~115 PDEW between BHM and Los Angeles. Not to mention, they have <15% market share at BHM and are consistently 4th (out of only 4 airlines currently) in pax count, just less than half of #3, AA...
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:08 am

afcjets wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.



It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.

When did United do this route?
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:10 am

Another new airline for this year is Houston Air holdings, which could also fly to BHM
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:12 am

With the World Games coming next year I wonder will airlines upgrade to more mainline and flights and what will countries competing fly in
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 am

I think SFO would be much more likely than LAX
 
sprxUSA
Posts: 435
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:17 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:54 am

Delta350 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
It seems odd that United doesn't connect their IAD hub to cities in the southeast like BHM, MEM, GPT. It's their most logical hub for serving that region.



It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.

When did United do this route?


Early mid 80s.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"
 
afcjets
Posts: 3530
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:20 am

sprxUSA wrote:
Delta350 wrote:
afcjets wrote:
It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.

When did United do this route?


Early mid 80s.


Actually it was throughout most of the 70s and ended in the early 80s. It was a 727-100 for most of it but right before it ended it was upgauged to a 727-200.

Before flying CLT-ORD, United flew CLT-BHM-LAX and CLT-MEM-LAX.

http://www.departedflights.com/BHM75p1.html
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:32 am

afcjets wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
Delta350 wrote:
When did United do this route?


Early mid 80s.


Actually it was throughout most of the 70s and ended in the early 80s. It was a 727-100 for most of it but right before it ended it was upgauged to a 727-200.

Before flying CLT-ORD, United flew CLT-BHM-LAX and CLT-MEM-LAX.

http://www.departedflights.com/BHM75p1.html

Sad to see that BHM doesn’t operate 90% of those routes anymore
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
afcjets
Posts: 3530
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:20 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:22 am

rambleriver wrote:
afcjets wrote:
It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.

Interesting for sure, but I doubt United is going to revive a 30-year old route that overflies two hubs for the ~115 PDEW between BHM and Los Angeles. Not to mention, they have <15% market share at BHM and are consistently 4th (out of only 4 airlines currently) in pax count, just less than half of #3, AA...


Actually it's been almost 40 years.
 
jplatts
Posts: 3808
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:42 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:17 pm

rambleriver wrote:
afcjets wrote:
It would be more interesting if United resumes BHM-LAX.


Interesting for sure, but I doubt United is going to revive a 30-year old route that overflies two hubs for the ~115 PDEW between BHM and Los Angeles. Not to mention, they have <15% market share at BHM and are consistently 4th (out of only 4 airlines currently) in pax count, just less than half of #3, AA...


DL adding BHM-LAX nonstop service might be a possibility since (a) DL has significant market share at BHM and (b) DL could operate the A220 on the BHM-LAX route. There are also a few U.S. cities that have nonstop service to LAX on DL but not AA or UA such as CVG, DTW, MCI, MSP, and TPA.

AA adding BHM-LAX might be a possibility with AA having more market share at LAX than any other carrier. AA also currently operates a few domestic nonstop routes out of LAX that do not have nonstop competition such as LAX-CLT and LAX-SDF. AA might be able to easily fill an A319 on BHM-LAX nonstop service with the amount of O&D that is there between BHM and Los Angeles.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:07 am

AA529 from DFW to BHM tonight used an A321 (N136AN) in comparison to the usual A319 which is typically used on that route. Looks like the next few days is on the usual 319 though. Not sure why they switched it tonight but would love to see AA begin to use the A321 to BHM.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KDFW/KBHM
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:13 am

gdavis003 wrote:
AA529 from DFW to BHM tonight used an A321 (N136AN) in comparison to the usual A319 which is typically used on that route. Looks like the next few days is on the usual 319 though. Not sure why they switched it tonight but would love to see AA begin to use the A321 to BHM.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KDFW/KBHM

I noticed that too. Probably couldn’t get a hold of a 319 or just a nice upgrade.
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:17 am

Delta350 wrote:
gdavis003 wrote:
AA529 from DFW to BHM tonight used an A321 (N136AN) in comparison to the usual A319 which is typically used on that route. Looks like the next few days is on the usual 319 though. Not sure why they switched it tonight but would love to see AA begin to use the A321 to BHM.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/AAL ... /KDFW/KBHM

I noticed that too. Probably couldn’t get a hold of a 319 or just a nice upgrade.


That's what I suspected. Also, BHM has been getting some nice special livery on that AA529 flight, N744P (Piedmont), N745VJ (Allegehny), and N742PS (PSA) is scheduled for tomorrows flight
 
ibthebigd
Posts: 377
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:12 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:07 am

SDF got LAX on AA so BHM could probably get AA to start LAX with the right incentive package.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:30 pm

The airport director has said publicly, the top priorities for new routes are BOS, LAX, and SFO. I’d guess BOS is likely to be the first to launch, probably on DL.
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:54 pm

ATLgaUSA wrote:
The airport director has said publicly, the top priorities for new routes are BOS, LAX, and SFO. I’d guess BOS is likely to be the first to launch, probably on DL.

With the A221 too, they’re good for flying to secondary airports
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:51 am

Speaking of old BHM routes, tomorrow DL4733 is an E175 SLC-BHM arriving at 10:30am
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
bhmdiversion
Posts: 285
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:41 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:15 pm

SLC/BHM is already delayed in DLTerm by an hour..

FLT INFO 4733/16FEB
LOF ARR DEP ETA ON IN ETD OUT OFF ACF¥
SLC 600A 700A E7W
BHM 1030A 1130A

FLIFO- FLIGHT HISTORY EXISTS
FACTS-
1. ALL-
*DELTA CONX/QUOTE AS SKYWEST AIRLINES
2. SLCBHM
NO LOCAL OR CONNECTING OR STOPOVER TRAFFIC
3. ALL-¥>


Speaking from someone who worked at the BHM airport, there is no viable option for a BOS/LAX/SFO type flight... there is not enough money being generated out of BHM... Sorry to burst the bubble. I also remember when the Airport Director said that Lufthansa was going to come in about 15 years ago. Did that happen? No. Will it happen? No.

BHM will always be a regional airport with FIS.
 
Delta350
Posts: 218
Joined: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:37 pm

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:46 pm

bhmdiversion wrote:
SLC/BHM is already delayed in DLTerm by an hour..

FLT INFO 4733/16FEB
LOF ARR DEP ETA ON IN ETD OUT OFF ACF¥
SLC 600A 700A E7W
BHM 1030A 1130A

FLIFO- FLIGHT HISTORY EXISTS
FACTS-
1. ALL-
*DELTA CONX/QUOTE AS SKYWEST AIRLINES
2. SLCBHM
NO LOCAL OR CONNECTING OR STOPOVER TRAFFIC
3. ALL-¥>


Speaking from someone who worked at the BHM airport, there is no viable option for a BOS/LAX/SFO type flight... there is not enough money being generated out of BHM... Sorry to burst the bubble. I also remember when the Airport Director said that Lufthansa was going to come in about 15 years ago. Did that happen? No. Will it happen? No.

BHM will always be a regional airport with FIS.

When did the Airport Director say we were getting Lufthansa in the future? Also BHM has been growing, so you never know and traffic will really be high because of the world games next year.
Plane Spotter from the Magic City and Hartsfield-Jackson...(ATL)
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Delta350 wrote:
Speaking of old BHM routes, tomorrow DL4733 is an E175 SLC-BHM arriving at 10:30am


Any details on why that flight is happening? Wonder if DL is bringing that back. Or is it just repositioning?
 
caleeiii
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:10 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:55 am

Looks like repositioning. The aircraft is scheduled for DL3988 BHM-LGA at 11:06am Monday, February 17, 2020.
 
gdavis003
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2019 4:59 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:01 pm

caleeiii wrote:
Looks like repositioning. The aircraft is scheduled for DL3988 BHM-LGA at 11:06am Monday, February 17, 2020.


Yeah, looks like it was just a switch. Wonder why. N298SY was sent back to SLC yesterday from BHM. But both are still being used today
 
ATLgaUSA
Posts: 160
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2005 6:58 am

Re: Birmingham (BHM) Aviation Thread - 2020

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:44 pm

Delta350 wrote:
bhmdiversion wrote:
SLC/BHM is already delayed in DLTerm by an hour..

FLT INFO 4733/16FEB
LOF ARR DEP ETA ON IN ETD OUT OFF ACF¥
SLC 600A 700A E7W
BHM 1030A 1130A

FLIFO- FLIGHT HISTORY EXISTS
FACTS-
1. ALL-
*DELTA CONX/QUOTE AS SKYWEST AIRLINES
2. SLCBHM
NO LOCAL OR CONNECTING OR STOPOVER TRAFFIC
3. ALL-¥>


Speaking from someone who worked at the BHM airport, there is no viable option for a BOS/LAX/SFO type flight... there is not enough money being generated out of BHM... Sorry to burst the bubble. I also remember when the Airport Director said that Lufthansa was going to come in about 15 years ago. Did that happen? No. Will it happen? No.

BHM will always be a regional airport with FIS.

When did the Airport Director say we were getting Lufthansa in the future? Also BHM has been growing, so you never know and traffic will really be high because of the world games next year.


A few things.

1. The airport director that was angling for a Lufthansa flight is not the current airport director who is much more realistic in the routes the airport is making a priority.

2. I doubt the World Games generates a significant amount of traffic, outside of the athletes themselves.

3. There are sufficient PDEW for nonstop flights to BOS and LAX. Private equity activity has picked up substantially in BHM over the past decade and business leaders are loudly demanding a BOS flight. They’re also asking for a SFO flight but I don’t think the PDEW on that route could support a transcontinental nonstop. At least not yet.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bar11, bennett123, BlueTrue, Captaindoony, D L X, davidjohnson6, doug, FromCDGtoSYD, Google Adsense [Bot], loubeyre, mdt320, Oykie, PERA346, SASViking, SQ22, SurfandSnow, trexel94, yashk and 196 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos