Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ZK-NBT

Re: SIA to review fleet plan; future of A380 in limbo

Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:25 am

Re the 77W, there is still time to park some, maybe they will look to transfer some to SQ cargo to replace the 744 in future, 2023 777p2f is available. Belly freight in the nearer term is important.

The A380s probably won’t be needed for some time, hopefully they use the 12 remaining ones on the busiest routes.

AB330

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:04 am

Which A380 is SQ retiring? I heard rumors that it is those currently in storage at Allice Spring! Is this confirmed?

ZK-NBT

Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:18 am

AB330 wrote:
Which A380 is SQ retiring? I heard rumors that it is those currently in storage at Allice Spring! Is this confirmed?

I doubt it, those are the newest with new interiors.I would have said the oldest 7 pretty much give or take.

flee

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:21 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
AB330 wrote:

I doubt it, those are the newest with new interiors.I would have said the oldest 7 pretty much give or take.

I think it depends very much on the cabin configuration of the aircraft - their latest 5 aircraft feature higher density seating and the more efficient wing twist. Furthermore, they have to consider the near term maintenance requirements of the aircraft to reduce cash burn. It would be interesting to see which aircraft are taken out of the fleet.

ZK-NBT

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:54 am

flee wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
AB330 wrote:

I think it depends very much on the cabin configuration of the aircraft - their latest 5 aircraft feature higher density seating and the more efficient wing twist. Furthermore, they have to consider the near term maintenance requirements of the aircraft to reduce cash burn. It would be interesting to see which aircraft are taken out of the fleet.

I agree, it will be the ones closer to heavy maintenance, or any leases they can get out of with the least penalty. Definitely older not yet refitted interiors.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:09 am

I suspect the 7 frames will be 9V-SKF, SKG, SKH, SKI, SKJ, SKL and SKR which coincidentally are the only 7 A380 frames shown as "stored" in SIN since the summer in company records.

UAUA

Any chance to save SQ's 7 A380s?

Sat Nov 07, 2020 7:56 am

Are they definitely going? Sad.

There were supposed to get upgrades right?

eamondzhang

Re: Any chance to save SQ's 7 A380s?

Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:25 am

I would rather them going (and mind you I'm a huge A380 fan).

Flew -SKF Nov last year and the bird is either due for a major refurbishment or retirement. Certainly very worn out in the cabin.

Last time I flew SKF was almost 10 years ago - much better at that time.

Michael

VSMUT

Sat Nov 07, 2020 8:57 am

What is the status of the A380 refurbishments? Did they put the new cabins in all of them?

UAUA

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:21 am

Only some of them not all.

At first they wanted to refurbish all?

If they cannot sell them maybe they will reactivate them? Like the Thai 747s?

ZK-NBT

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:55 am

UAUA wrote:
Only some of them not all.

At first they wanted to refurbish all?

If they cannot sell them maybe they will reactivate them? Like the Thai 747s?

Sell them to who? I’m not sure if the SQ A380s are leased or owned but they will be scrap sadly. Very nice to ride in.

TG can try and sell all they want, I can’t see anyone being interested in any of their aircraft in these times.

UAUA

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:21 am

Scrapyard? Too new......

Perhaps they can try to sell them? If not then maybe reuse them?

I hope TG B747-400s will return to service one day

ZK-NBT

Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:46 am

UAUA wrote:
Scrapyard? Too new......

Perhaps they can try to sell them? If not then maybe reuse them?

I hope TG B747-400s will return to service one day

Who is in the market for used A380s?

From what I gather they have taken a financial hit to remove them from the fleet, no chance they are coming back or being reused.

We all love the A380 and 747, the sad reality is their day is done, completely for many carriers.

AB330

Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:41 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
flee wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I agree, it will be the ones closer to heavy maintenance, or any leases they can get out of with the least penalty. Definitely older not yet refitted interiors.

Yeah I also doubt the newer frames or those that have been refurbished with the new interior would be withdrawam so quickly I imagine beside there cabin. There are likely penalties to lessor if SQ abruptly ends there contract with leasing companines. Dr Peter which I suspect still has some frames with SQ is probably having headache with more excess A380 which will likely end up at a Boneyard.

FrenchPotatoEye

Sat Nov 07, 2020 2:27 pm

UAUA wrote:
Are they definitely going? Sad.

There were supposed to get upgrades right?

Can't be saved.

SQ already taken the finance hit. No second hand market. Likely to be then parted out or scrapping.

mercure1

Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:37 pm

SIA reached an agreement with Airbus on delivery deferments. Still talking to Boeing.

https://www.flightglobal.com/fleets/sia ... 05.article

Antaras

Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:05 am

LAXintl wrote:
9 x A320

Are those in the fleet of Silk, Scoot, or both?

Polot

Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:46 am

Antaras wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
9 x A320

Are those in the fleet of Silk, Scoot, or both?

Both I believe. Silk still has/had 2 A319 (included in announcement) and 5 A320s which were going to be retired anyways so the remaining 4 out of 9 A320s has to be Scoot.

hervebkk

Re: SQ to launch SIN-JFK 3x weekly

Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:22 am

Surprised the first SQ24 got un-noticed on Airliners.net, flew yesterday, Nov 9th, from SIN to JFK, using a regular A359:

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airc ... a#25fe3760

16 hours 58...

I can't wait to take this NYC-SIN flight again... would have loved to take a LHR - SYD/MEL but that remains very hypothetical for now....

flee

Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:53 am

hervebkk wrote:
Surprised the first SQ24 got un-noticed on Airliners.net, flew yesterday, Nov 9th, from SIN to JFK, using a regular A359:

9V-SJA MSN364 is the newest A350 SQ uses for long haul flights.

They have newer aircraft but these are deployed on regional routes with a C40 Y263 cabin.

PHLspecial

Tue Nov 10, 2020 4:40 pm

hervebkk wrote:

16 hours 58...

I can't wait to take this NYC-SIN flight again... would have loved to take a LHR - SYD/MEL but that remains very hypothetical for now....

When you say regular, do they have a non ulr 280T a359?

LAX772LR

Tue Nov 10, 2020 8:02 pm

paperwastage wrote:
Sq.com is selling non discounted tickets (sgd$2800 round trip sin-jfk economy , couldn't quote economy for jfk-sin though)

Too right! I kept an eye on SQ037/038 (LAX nonstop) as they initially offered great deals (LAX-SIN-SGN for less than $2700 roundtrip), but that quickly changed to some of the highest fares for the trip. Lately, they've been charging nearly 3x what BR/JL/CI and even CX are offering for the route! :eek:

jayunited wrote:
so I'm not sure why SQ is launching this route unless they have an exclusive cargo contract that is so lucrative it will make operating a flight of this stage length profitable.

There could be other considerations as well, such as clientele retention, especially forward-looking, for when things are remotely back to normal.

flee wrote:
9V-SJA MSN364 is the newest A350 SQ uses for long haul flights.

Is it still 275tonnes, like most of the 9V-SM* series? Or is this one 280T?

andrew1996

Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:08 pm

there was a youtube video a while back of a seafood distributor in NYC on how pre-covid he would be shipping lobsters/other seafood into the Singaopre market by the non-stop EWR flight. Wonder if perishables will play a major role in the cargo for the JFK outbound sector into SIN. I don't think NYC was ever a major cargo destination for SQ though since their EWR was a ULR while JFK was an A380 via FRA that doesn't carry much cargo either

LAX772LR

Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:17 pm

andrew1996 wrote:
I don't think NYC was ever a major cargo destination for SQ

Indeed, but aside from LAX/ANC/DFW, no place in the Americas really was, for SQ.

They only served even a major port like SFO with belly-cargo.

andrew1996 wrote:
though since their EWR was a ULR while JFK was an A380 via FRA that doesn't carry much cargo either

True that the A359ULR's forward cargo bay is unusable; but the A380 isn't a slouch in belly cargo nor uplift capability, it just can't take as comparatively much as a 77W or A350 can.

airbazar

Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:31 pm

andrew1996 wrote:
there was a youtube video a while back of a seafood distributor in NYC on how pre-covid he would be shipping lobsters/other seafood into the Singaopre market by the non-stop EWR flight. Wonder if perishables will play a major role in the cargo for the JFK outbound sector into SIN. I don't think NYC was ever a major cargo destination for SQ though since their EWR was a ULR while JFK was an A380 via FRA that doesn't carry much cargo either

SQ used to operate freighters into JFK. I'm surprised that they're no longer doing it.

andrew1996

Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:15 pm

LAX772LR wrote:
andrew1996 wrote:
I don't think NYC was ever a major cargo destination for SQ

Indeed, but aside from LAX/ANC/DFW, no place in the Americas really was, for SQ.

They only served even a major port like SFO with belly-cargo.

andrew1996 wrote:
though since their EWR was a ULR while JFK was an A380 via FRA that doesn't carry much cargo either

True that the A359ULR's forward cargo bay is unusable; but the A380 isn't a slouch in belly cargo nor uplift capability, it just can't take as comparatively much as a 77W or A350 can.

What is sq reasoning for serving dfw? I know it has served ord and atl in the past for cargo too. I imagine lax is pretty perishable heavy especially given Singapore’s dependence on imported food.

Sfo I feel like was always cause they used ground transport to lax for California and west coast cargo due to the SQ Cargo hub in lax. And SQ had up to three daily flights out of SFO anyways (more than any other USA city) and UA was also adding direct double daily cargo capacity.

Is SQ selling a lot of it’s cargo space to like FedEx, DHL etc? Are some of the USA route also serving Canada?

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:05 am

andrew1996 wrote:
What is sq reasoning for serving dfw?

I'd guess electronics + lack of nearby concentrated cargo hub for them to truck.

Routinely heard the same for CX/CI/BR/KE cargo at DFW, but have no tangible/authoritative source to back that up.

andrew1996 wrote:
And SQ had up to three daily flights out of SFO anyways (more than any other USA city)

:shakehead: :shakehead: LAX and SFO had the same number of departures:

• Daily nonstop (A359ULR for LAX, A359 for SFO)
  • Daily 1stop (LAX via NRT, SFO via HKG)
  • 3xWk nonstop (A359ULR for both)

AngMoh

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:45 am

LAX772LR wrote:
jayunited wrote:
so I'm not sure why SQ is launching this route unless they have an exclusive cargo contract that is so lucrative it will make operating a flight of this stage length profitable.

There could be other considerations as well, such as clientele retention, especially forward-looking, for when things are remotely back to normal.

In the latest quarterly report, SQ was stating that they expect to make good money on vaccine transports as they are one of the very few airlines in Asia with the required certifications to do so. Also, Singapore is positioning itself as a vaccine manufacturing hub: these are contract biomedical manufacturing facilities available to any manufacturer.

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 11, 2020 12:51 am

AngMoh wrote:
SQ was stating that they expect to make good money on vaccine transports as they are one of the very few airlines in Asia with the required certifications to do so.

For how long though....

DL and AA have been quite vocal about how they're making preparations for vaccine transportation; and while they're of course not Asian, one might wonder if other Asian airlines aren't thinking among similar lines.

Especially the Korean, Japanese, Taiwanese carriers + CX, since they all offer(ed) comprehensive N.American service.

BawliBooch

Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:44 am

airzona11 wrote:
Not to mention ULh is for O/D not connecting traffic.

I am not sure about that.

SQ is a slightly more expensive but good option for South Asia despite it being the "wrong way around". Especially for folks trying to avoid AI/PIA/BD and the alternative of transiting through the glorified bus terminal that is LHR.

I loved my first SQ flight back in the Airbus A340 days - 2-3-2 layout was awesome. Seamless transfer to ATQ as well. Overall a much more refined service compared to all the alternatives including "Bleddy Awful". Price was maybe 20% more than the competition but it was totally worth it IMO. This is SQ's unique selling point. They can justify a premium pricing.

SQ's North America flights would be a lot more successful if they could find a co-operative alliance partner in the USA for feed. However, UA is like the stereotypical, jealous, sister-in-law in every Bollywood family drama! (Not my words! :D ) So like every other Star Alliance member, SQ are stuck with United Airlines which has a reputation for not cooperating with alliance partners.

My wish is that SQ starts codesharing with JetBlue and Air Canada. Expecting cooperation from UA is futile!

andrew1996

Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:46 am

LAX772LR wrote:
andrew1996 wrote:
What is sq reasoning for serving dfw?

I'd guess electronics + lack of nearby concentrated cargo hub for them to truck.

Routinely heard the same for CX/CI/BR/KE cargo at DFW, but have no tangible/authoritative source to back that up.

Do you think it’s driven at all with cargo codeshare? Although I don’t think any of them are particularly strong with working with AA.

I guess that makes sense in terms of what is being loaded cargo wise as demand. Yeah I was suprised in seeing Eva sending pax 77W as cargo planes for DFW last month.SQ does pre covid serve Houston too which probably had some Latin America Cargo.

What’s interesting is that the cargo flight goes back to Singapore via the Atlantic so I wonder if they are carrying like “5th freedom” cargo too on the route

andrew1996 wrote:
And SQ had up to three daily flights out of SFO anyways (more than any other USA city)

:shakehead: :shakehead: LAX and SFO had the same number of departures:

• Daily nonstop (A359ULR for LAX, A359 for SFO)
  • Daily 1stop (LAX via NRT, SFO via HKG)
  • 3xWk nonstop (A359ULR for both)

Oh oops I was thinking more so in capacity than actual flights and didn’t realize the frequency nets out as the same but yeah they could be pretty similar from a cargo perspective but SFO probably has the edge in belly capacity since it is non ULR for the daily non stop and pre covid SQ planned on changing the 3X weekly ULR to normal a359 too.

FlyHPN

Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:48 am

BawliBooch wrote:
airzona11 wrote:
Not to mention ULh is for O/D not connecting traffic.

I am not sure about that.

SQ is a slightly more expensive but good option for South Asia despite it being the "wrong way around". Especially for folks trying to avoid AI/PIA/BD and the alternative of transiting through the glorified bus terminal that is LHR.

I loved my first SQ flight back in the Airbus A340 days - 2-3-2 layout was awesome. Seamless transfer to ATQ as well. Overall a much more refined service compared to all the alternatives including "Bleddy Awful". Price was maybe 20% more than the competition but it was totally worth it IMO. This is SQ's unique selling point. They can justify a premium pricing.

SQ's North America flights would be a lot more successful if they could find a co-operative alliance partner in the USA for feed. However, UA is like the stereotypical, jealous, sister-in-law in every Bollywood family drama! (Not my words! :D ) So like every other Star Alliance member, SQ are stuck with United Airlines which has a reputation for not cooperating with alliance partners.

My wish is that SQ starts codesharing with JetBlue and Air Canada. Expecting cooperation from UA is futile!

SQ and B6 have had a codeshare since 2014: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/us/m ... y2014-1929

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 11, 2020 3:53 am

BawliBooch wrote:

What makes you believe that UA didn't want to cooperate with SQ?
...can you tell us about a time where SQ approached UA for cooperation and was refused?

Because the only time the two ever had (public) discussions to cooperate (May 2016), they successfully agreed to codeshare from multiple gateways, and submitted a formal application to the DOT requesting such.

Also, who are all these other Star Members that UA has "not cooperated" with, that have indicated a desire to partner with it?

BawliBooch

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:03 am

LAX772LR wrote:
What makes you believe that UA didn't want to cooperate with SQ?
...can you tell us about a time where SQ approached UA for cooperation and was refused?

Because the only time the two ever had (public) discussions to cooperate (May 2016), they successfully agreed to codeshare from multiple gateways, and submitted a formal application to the DOT requesting such.

Also, who are all these other Star Members that UA has "not cooperated" with, that have indicated a desire to partner with it?

Define "successfully agreed"? The 2 airlines signed a JV in what 2015/16? How many codeshare flights are actually in operation? On the SQ website, under "Codeshare partners" why do we not see United listed? SQ mentions Air Canada and even non-alliance carrier B6 for North America but UA is conspicuously absent! Wonder why?

United is codesharing actively with Indian domestic carrier Vistara to get access to the Indian market (80 flights/week to over 20 stations) but this is a one way benefit relationship! Will Vistara get to codeshare on UA's flights if they start flying to USA tomorrow? Unlikely! United prefers code-share arrangements where benefits flow one way!

Another point - are people able to book award tickets on now SQ/TG/LH using Mileage (Minus) miles? I remember this being a problem in 2018/9. Availability on SQ/TG/LH flights was showing available for redemption on LH or SQ site but was showing "not available" on UA FF website. I was told by a desi LH staffer back then that UA had sent out some internal memo stopping cross-selling on selected airlines. The "jealous bitter sister-in-law of the Star Alliance family" comment did not come from me! :lol:

LAX772LR

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:13 am

andrew1996 wrote:
and pre covid SQ planned on changing the 3X weekly ULR to normal a359 too.

Interesting. Where's that information from?
Wouldn't be surprising if true, but does beg to wonder where the -ULR would then be placed.

BawliBooch wrote:
Define "successfully agreed"? The 2 airlines signed a JV in what 2015/16?

Term is straightforward. No.

BawliBooch wrote:
On the SQ website, under "Codeshare partners" why do we not see United listed? SQ mentions Air Canada and even non-alliance carrier B6 for North America but UA is conspicuously absent! Wonder why?

United is codesharing actively with Indian domestic carrier Vistara to get access to the Indian market (80 flights/week to over 20 stations) but this is a one way benefit relationship! Will Vistara get to codeshare on UA's flights if they start flying to USA tomorrow? Unlikely! United prefers code-share arrangements where benefits flow one way!

The lesson you may wish to learn from this is that correlation is not causation.

BawliBooch wrote:
Another point - are people able to book award tickets on now SQ/TG/LH using Mileage (Minus) miles? I remember this being a problem in 2018/9. Availability on SQ/TG/LH flights was showing available for redemption on LH or SQ site but was showing "not available" on UA FF website.

Call.

blooc350

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:31 pm

Looks like there is a bright future for the A380 with SQ as they said they will be retrofitting the remining fleet with the new cabin products.

https://simpleflying.com/singapore-airlines-a380-retrofit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Revelation

Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:54 pm

blooc350 wrote:
Looks like there is a bright future for the A380 with SQ as they said they will be retrofitting the remining fleet with the new cabin products.

https://simpleflying.com/singapore-airlines-a380-retrofit/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

Some additional info:

So far, eight of the Singapore Airlines’ A380s have undergone the retrofit. Singapore Airlines has confirmed to Mainly Miles that the ninth Airbus, 9V-SKM, is about to get retrofitted, and three more A380s will get done after that.

“We plan to retrofit an additional three more aircraft following 9V-SKM,” Singapore Airlines told Mainly Miles.

It makes sense to me. They partnered with Airbus to set up a line to redo the cabins. Even though they are suffering like the rest of the world's airlines, it probably would be more costly to shut down the line and restart it later rather than just finish the four more frames they intend to keep.

It goes on to say:

But Singapore Airlines faces a problem with its A380s. Demand is down, and all of them are grounded, retrofitted, or not. Singapore Airlines doesn’t expect to return the planes to service for at least another year. That’s in line with what other A380 operators are saying. That helped fuel the speculation around the future of the A380 at Singapore Airlines.

But Singapore Airlines’ problem is five of the retrofitted A380s are just three years old or younger. Besides having a substantial un-depreciated value remaining on the balance sheet, these planes have many useful flying hours left in them yet. To retire such young planes, and with no resale market for A380s, would be a shocking waste of money and resources.

So they will have a nice fleet of 12 refreshed A380s ready to go whenever they decide demand allows them to start using them again.

Noshow

Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:20 pm

I have flown onboard SIA from Frankfurt to both JFK and SIN and back. Their service level combined with the A380 space and quiet cabin is something I really look for to do again.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:13 pm

I guess SIA is shuffling some routes between subsidiaries again.

Per travel again advisory, Scott dropping Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Perth while SQ/Silk will drop Penang, Surabaya, and surprisingly Taipei in December in favor of Scoot operating them.

"The adjustment of services between SIA, SilkAir and Scoot are the result of a detailed review to determine airlines in the SIA group portfolio best suited to meet evolving customer and cargo demand"

aGreatWayToFly

Sat Nov 21, 2020 12:33 am

LAXintl wrote:

Per travel again advisory, Scott dropping Kuala Lumpur, Manila and Perth while SQ/Silk will drop Penang, Surabaya, and surprisingly Taipei in December in favor of Scoot operating them.

"The adjustment of services between SIA, SilkAir and Scoot are the result of a detailed review to determine airlines in the SIA group portfolio best suited to meet evolving customer and cargo demand"

I imagine KL and Manila have a high number of connections from/to long haul SQ routes, so it makes sense to serve them on SQ metal to keep the pax experience consistent. Taipei is probably more O/D. Penang is leisure so Scoot makes sense.

filipinoavgeek

Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:32 am

aGreatWayToFly wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

I imagine KL and Manila have a high number of connections from/to long haul SQ routes

Can confirm at least with MNL, many people here fly SQ to go elsewhere (such as Europe or occasionally Australia). I don't know why Scoot would want to leave MNL given that Scoot is targeting a different market (SQ/PR are the premium options on MNL-SIN, whereas TR is a budget carrier), unless intense competition is a factor (with Cebu Pacific, Jetstar and I think AirAsia also operating on it).

blooc350

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:05 am

filipinoavgeek wrote:
aGreatWayToFly wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

I imagine KL and Manila have a high number of connections from/to long haul SQ routes

Can confirm at least with MNL, many people here fly SQ to go elsewhere (such as Europe or occasionally Australia). I don't know why Scoot would want to leave MNL given that Scoot is targeting a different market (SQ/PR are the premium options on MNL-SIN, whereas TR is a budget carrier), unless intense competition is a factor (with Cebu Pacific, Jetstar and I think AirAsia also operating on it).

Philippine Airlines is a premium airline?

FrenchPotatoEye

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:57 am

blooc350 wrote:

Waste of money....and sq wonders why it's burnings the cash so hard and begging for loans?

Such stupidity when they know they will have no choice to dump 380 because premium demand is dead forever.

filipinoavgeek

Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:12 am

blooc350 wrote:
filipinoavgeek wrote:
aGreatWayToFly wrote:

Philippine Airlines is a premium airline?

PR is a full-service carrier and offers a premium products on most international routes.

chonetsao

Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:27 am

FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
Waste of money....and sq wonders why it's burnings the cash so hard and begging for loans?

Such stupidity when they know they will have no choice to dump 380 because premium demand is dead forever.

That is an overstatement.

Premium demand will always be there. In fact, if this pandemic taught us anything, that is space matters. More people will be willing to pay to travel in a seat that provide more privacy, whether in practical it is virus-proof or not. It is a new travel trend of consumer psych will be visible after the pandemic, you will see premium demand comes back first. People will not travel in jam packed coach section if they can afford premium seats.

Airlines will need to respond to consumers concern of sitting with other people by introduce more privacy concerned premium seats, and bundle 2-3 coach seats together for sale when available (Chinese airlines are doing this right now after their lockdown is over).

You are right that business traffic will be way down as many unnecessary long haul business travel will be cancelled. But premium airlines like SQ still have a large upper middle class base that owns properties or vacation properties across the globe. There are literally hundred thousands American Express Platinum/Centurium card holders (so is Visa Infinity and MasterCard World Elite) who would pay a business class ticket when travel. When one looks at the statement of 1% of the flyers responsible for 50% of the airline emission. It actually makes more sense for airlines to invest more in premium product to lure more people to upgrade to premium travel.

Plus, a lot of business travel has been downgraded to coach since 2007-2011 financial crisis if you have not noticed. Business travel in business and first class was very much a past experience since 2011. This pandemic is the perfect excuse for business travellers to renegotiate contract with employers to squeeze more from travel budget in order to travel in business and first class. Health matters. Even if that is not happening, many companies will update their travel policy to include more business and first class travel in order to persuade employee to travel for business. The numbers of trip may be down per employee, but the demand for business and first class ticket will be up.

MileHFL400

Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:48 pm

FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
blooc350 wrote:

“Premium demand is dead forever?” And model is that based on?

FrenchPotatoEye

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:41 pm

MileHFL400 wrote:
FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
blooc350 wrote:

Er, did you not see the covid-19?

The effects?

MIflyer12

Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:53 pm

chonetsao wrote:
In fact, if this pandemic taught us anything, that is space matters. More people will be willing to pay to travel in a seat that provide more privacy, whether in practical it is virus-proof or not. It is a new travel trend of consumer psych will be visible after the pandemic, you will see premium demand comes back first. People will not travel in jam packed coach section if they can afford premium seats.

These are assertions presented without evidence.

MileHFL400

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:19 pm

FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
MileHFL400 wrote:
FrenchPotatoEye wrote:

The effects?

The effects will not last forever.

FrenchPotatoEye

Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:25 pm

MileHFL400 wrote:
FrenchPotatoEye wrote:
MileHFL400 wrote:

The effects?

The effects will not last forever.

The damage will be.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos