Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Eirules
Topic Author

Egypt Air announce DUB

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:45 am

Another new route for DUB and AFAIK the first time Egypt Air will fly to Dublin

https://www.dublinairport.com/latest-ne ... ro-service
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....

vhtje

Re: Egypt Air announce DUB

Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:49 am

A dry airline flying to Ireland?

:shock:
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

cedarjet

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:09 am

vhtje wrote:

Very funny. But the English are the most problematic drinkers in the world and we already get Egyptair twice a day at Heathrow so...
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

TSS

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:25 am

vhtje wrote:

Flying to Ireland isn't the problem. As long as they're well-stocked with Paracetamol and Lucozade to wash it down with (or for extreme cases warm 7-Up) for the flight home, they'll be grand.
Able to kill active threads stone dead with a single post!

OA260

Mon Jan 13, 2020 11:36 am

vhtje wrote:

They will just load up at the bars in DUB before ;)

When I flew them some passengers brought their own onboard discreetly not sure if that rule has changed or indeed was it ever officially allowed.

Good route to have and another Star carrier in DUB. MS have assigned a consolidator so some great EX DUB fares will be on offer especially in Business Class. Great news for us Star Golds.

eicvd

Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:07 pm

vhtje wrote:

Almost as funny as the ‘Ryanair will charge you for a life vest jokes’....
COYBIB

wexfordflyer

Mon Jan 13, 2020 1:23 pm

eicvd wrote:
vhtje wrote:

Almost as funny as the ‘Ryanair will charge you for a life vest jokes’....

Agreed. Stereotypes are hilarious! :roll:

Great to hear this announcement. Hope Egyptair can do well on the route. Another interesting addition to DUB network, along with El Al recently announced to Tel Aviv.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

vhtje

Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:50 pm

cedarjet wrote:
vhtje wrote:

Very funny. But the English are the most problematic drinkers in the world and we already get Egyptair twice a day at Heathrow so...

Actually, the average per capita consumption of alcohol is lower in the UK (at 11.6 litres) than in Eastern European countries like Republic of Moldova (16.8 litres), Lithuania (15.4 litres), Romania (14.4 litres), etc. And the Republic of Ireland is higher than the UK, at 11.9 litres.

But don't take my word for it. See the World Health Organisation's 2014 report on worldwide alcohol consumption here: https://www.who.int/substance_abuse/publications/global_alcohol_report/msb_gsr_2014_3.pdf

There is a fairly large Egyptian diaspora in the UK, at 31,000 according to the 2011 Census. There are just over 6,000 Egyptians living in Ireland.. Arguably, with a larger number of Egyptians in the UK, not to mention connecting traffic from partners, MS can support two flights into LHR. I would be interested to understand how many foreign tourists MS actually carry, as opposed to Egyptians going to/from Egypt. Do many western holidaymakers travelling to Egypt choose MS? A dry airline doesn't seem, to this person at least, like the way the majority of western holiday makers would want to start their holiday.

This was the point I was clumsily trying to make: will MS be successful in Ireland?
I only turn left when boarding aircraft. Well, mostly. All right, sometimes. OH OKAY - rarely.

drdisque

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:10 pm

B738?

If they got a codeshare with EI that would be a good way to give MS greater reach in North America and carry more North America-Egypt traffic at least partially on their metal.

Even without EI, they can sell UA connections to EWR and SFO year-round and ORD and IAD in the summer from the get-go.

cedarjet

Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:21 pm

drdisque wrote:
B738?

If they got a codeshare with EI that would be a good way to give MS greater reach in North America and carry more North America-Egypt traffic at least partially on their metal.

Even without EI, they can sell UA connections to EWR and SFO year-round and ORD and IAD in the summer from the get-go.

In theory, although United transatlantic tend to depart pretty early back to the States, usually before midday, sometimes more like 1000. So the Egyptair will have to leave Cairo super early, like 0300, to get to Dublin in time for the punters to make the connection, landing in Dublin 0630, 0700 latest. Do we have a schedule released yet?
fly Saha Air 707s daily from Tehran's downtown Mehrabad to Mashhad, Kish Island and Ahwaz

OA260

Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:35 pm

drdisque wrote:
B738?

They are using the NEO with 16 J and 126 Y . Their target market will be Africa,Middle East and Asia from DUB Via CAI. Will be interesting to see how TK and ET respond and if there will be fare wars.

kaitak

Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:21 pm

Glad to see another airline serve DUB. MS's A320Neos will be a welcome sight; I thought they might use A220s, as they would have range for DUB.

Anyone know what their schedule is going to be. Tried it on the MS website (which is without doubt the most user unfriendly and frustrating airline websites I've ever used!), but they don't have it up yet.

Nileblue

Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:32 am

Schedule was published this week (a week later than planned):

CAIDUB MS775 09:20 14:20 -2-4-67 06:00 32N
DUBCAI MS776 15:20 21:50 -2-4-67 05:30 32N

Despite being the airline’s longest European flight, the schedule mimics the base pattern used for other European flights offering 2-way connectivity to a range of domestic, African, Middle Eastern and Asian destinations which are expected to account for over 60% of route traffic.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos