NYC-air
Topic Author

UAL at EWR - new Terminal One

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:52 pm

Does anyone know what United's plan's are following Terminal One's opening? Will their express flights move from A to One when A closes?

Or are they eyeing, perhaps, Terminal B? B would be closer to their current operation.

SQ789

Re: UAL at EWR - new Terminal One

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:53 pm

Not sure. Do you have any source?
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

ddaly241

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Will united expand their service once terminal 1 is opened? Just curious.

FSDan

Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:59 pm

ddaly241 wrote:
Will united expand their service once terminal 1 is opened? Just curious.

Service expansion by any airline at EWR is limited by runway capacity. As a level-2 schedule-facilitated airport, new services are regulated by the FAA, and they haven't been approving flights during peak afternoon hours.

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/ato/service_units/systemops/perf_analysis/slot_administration/slot_administration_schedule_facilitation/level-2-airports/

That said, UA will continue to expand at EWR through the use of larger aircraft. It's been happening over the last few years, and it will continue.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

KMCOFlyer

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:33 pm

NYC-air wrote:
Does anyone know what United's plan's are following Terminal One's opening? Will their express flights move from A to One when A closes?

Or are they eyeing, perhaps, Terminal B? B would be closer to their current operation.

I’d say either is possible. Some of the renderings on the T1 redevelopment website shows a DL plane at a new gate, but this could mean anything. If they do decide to switch to Terminal B, they could easily swap with DL and take over their pier on B which would be much closer to the rest of UAs operations at Terminal C.

ordbosewr

Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:57 pm

KMCOFlyer wrote:
NYC-air wrote:

I’d say either is possible. Some of the renderings on the T1 redevelopment website shows a DL plane at a new gate, but this could mean anything. If they do decide to switch to Terminal B, they could easily swap with DL and take over their pier on B which would be much closer to the rest of UAs operations at Terminal C.

If we all believe that the plans for EWR is to redo T2 once T1 redevelopment is completed, then I am not sure what is in it for UA to do any swap into T2. They already use many of the T2 gates for international arrivals. I can be corrected, but I think UA needs more than what just DL has in T2.

Nicknuzzii

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:13 pm

While I don’t have any confirmation on any of this I do have a few scenarios of what could happen.

A: United, just like the other carriers serving terminal A right now will move to T1 with probably a regional exclusive op., which is what is done currently.
B: United decides to pick up Deltas gates in terminal B resulting in DL and NK moving to T1. United would benefit from this scenario the most because instead of them operating in all 3 terminals they would consolidate to 2 all while gaining mainline gates.
C: United consolidates and shrinks it’s mainline ops. to Terminal C and hardstands until they decide to go mainline or drop the route down to IAD.

Polot

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:25 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
B: United decides to pick up Deltas gates in terminal B resulting in DL and NK moving to T1. United would benefit from this scenario the most because instead of them operating in all 3 terminals they would consolidate to 2 all while gaining mainline gates.
C: United consolidates and shrinks it’s mainline ops. to Terminal C and hardstands until they decide to go mainline or drop the route down to IAD.

Gates are currently a hot commodity at EWR right now. UA is definitely not going to shrink and give up gates, and probably sees operating out of all 3 terminals as a plus as it helps keep competition out.

codc10

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:40 pm

UA will be the largest tenant in T1, with a mixed mainline/regional, primarily domestic operation. Longhaul will stay at C as there are no plans for a 2nd Polaris Lounge at T1. There will, however, be a large United Club.

tjwgrr

Tue Jan 14, 2020 8:54 pm

codc10 wrote:
UA will be the largest tenant in T1, with a mixed mainline/regional, primarily domestic operation. Longhaul will stay at C as there are no plans for a 2nd Polaris Lounge at T1. There will, however, be a large United Club.

Heard somewhere UA will have at least one wide-body gate at T1 used by UA domestic wide-body flights and AC's YVR 787 flights.
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos