AntonioMartin
Topic Author
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

Aircraft turns around over Phoenix

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:10 am

I just went to take the trash out when I noticed a lightbulb-like shape of aircraft trail over my house. From the looks of it, it must have been a 737 type aircraft at about 30k. It turned around to where it came from. Anyone have any idea what this could be????
 
TTailedTiger
Posts: 1779
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:19 am

Re: Aircraft turns around over Phoenix

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:20 am

It could be some sort of test flight. Hard to know without more information.
 
AntonioMartin
Topic Author
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Aircraft turns around over Phoenix

Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:29 am

TTailedTiger wrote:
It could be some sort of test flight. Hard to know without more information.

Could be...I see nothing on Flight radar except a blocked flight but that's way out in California right now...
 
airzona11
Posts: 1617
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:44 am

Re: Aircraft turns around over Phoenix

Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:07 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
I just went to take the trash out when I noticed a lightbulb-like shape of aircraft trail over my house. From the looks of it, it must have been a 737 type aircraft at about 30k. It turned around to where it came from. Anyone have any idea what this could be????


I’ve been searching all over trying to find out too! That was bright.

There have been other recent instances of dimmer flights that also weren’t showing up.

Interested to hear what it was.
 
User avatar
Jouhou
Posts: 2159
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 4:16 am

Re: Aircraft turns around over Phoenix

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:03 am

AntonioMartin wrote:
TTailedTiger wrote:
It could be some sort of test flight. Hard to know without more information.

Could be...I see nothing on Flight radar except a blocked flight but that's way out in California right now...


Probably military. I'll hear aircraft doing something weird overhead at night and check flight radar and see nothing... Nearby airport is shared between civilian and military use.

During the daylight hours it's more obvious when it's military like when I've seen a KC-135 doing some wild shit in the air close to ground that you don't usually see an aircraft that large doing... Or when I saw V22 osprey passing through.
 
AntonioMartin
Topic Author
Posts: 574
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

Re: Aircraft turns around over Phoenix

Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:07 am

airzona11 wrote:
AntonioMartin wrote:
I just went to take the trash out when I noticed a lightbulb-like shape of aircraft trail over my house. From the looks of it, it must have been a 737 type aircraft at about 30k. It turned around to where it came from. Anyone have any idea what this could be????


I’ve been searching all over trying to find out too! That was bright.

There have been other recent instances of dimmer flights that also weren’t showing up.

Interested to hear what it was.

It looked like a 737 type...so it surely couldn't be this?https://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/phoenix/2015/06/06/fbi-planes-over-phoenix-abrk/28619701/

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos