Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Antaras

Re: New Delta First Class Seats - A321neo

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Will this help Delta receive 4-star certification from Skytrax ??? :D ??? I think that DL deserves this and to become the first 4-star US carrier :D
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

AEROFAN

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:21 pm

I do not like the blocking of the windows.
What's the recline of these seats?
“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ~Harlan Ellison~

millionsofmiles

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:02 pm

Looks awful. Another swing-and-a-miss by Delta.
Claustrophobia-inducing is just one description that comes to mind.

global1

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:15 pm

Miles ahead of AA’s stripped down product

toobz

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:19 pm

blooc350 wrote:
looks like SQ's premium economy lol

So u are comparing a SQ widebody Intl configured Premium Economy seat to a Delta domestic narrowbody..? Ok.

WayexTDI

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:55 pm

millionsofmiles wrote:
Looks awful. Another swing-and-a-miss by Delta.
Claustrophobia-inducing is just one description that comes to mind.

So many swing-and-misses by Delta that they remain constantly ahead of US airlines in most (if not all) metrics involving passengers... :roll:

blooc350

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:14 pm

toobz wrote:
blooc350 wrote:

So u are comparing a SQ widebody Intl configured Premium Economy seat to a Delta domestic narrowbody..? Ok.

Yes. And your point is?

blooc350

Fri Feb 07, 2020 7:14 pm

toobz wrote:
blooc350 wrote:

I said it looks like it. Did i compare the seat features....? NO.

RyanairGuru

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:30 pm

toobz wrote:
blooc350 wrote:

Why would that surprise you? Several airlines use the same seats for both their widebody premium cabin and domestic first/business cabin.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

lx2iah

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:52 pm

I flew in “F” from ATL-IAH (seat 2D) A319 registration N352NB and I can tell you that was the “tightest” seat pitch in “F” that I’ve ever experienced. I can’t imagine why DL made the seat pitch so horrible on this aircraft! But I do love the current “F” seat pitch on A320/321’s, M90’s and the 75’s.

questions

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:24 am

lx2iah wrote:
I flew in “F” from ATL-IAH (seat 2D) A319 registration N352NB and I can tell you that was the “tightest” seat pitch in “F” that I’ve ever experienced. I can’t imagine why DL made the seat pitch so horrible on this aircraft! But I do love the current “F” seat pitch on A320/321’s, M90’s and the 75’s.

Isn’t the F pitch the same on the A319, A320 and A321?

F seat pitch at 36” is definitely industry leading... leading the race to the bottom!

Don’t expect more pitch with these fancy new F seats. Most passengers will look like they are playing Twister when they try to get in and out of them.

skyblu

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:38 am

Is it really going to be 20 seats?

skyblu

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:43 am

I guess it is NEO so 20 seems to be on par

tcfc424

Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:57 am

These seats look awful. I recently flew AA Oasis F and was pleasantly surprised. (I had low expectations.) My only complaint with the Oasis F was that the tablet holder is useless.

pdp

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:31 am

Iluvtofly wrote:
zeke wrote:
CRJ200flyer wrote:
What do you all think of them

Looks like a great flagship product on their new narrow body. Wish more airlines had a product like that.

One day I hope they call it what it is, business class.

Look at Euro Business Class and then tell me this should be called Business Class LOL. Light miles ahead of the European Business Class offering.
If BA/ SK/ LH can offer what they do on an LHR/ CPH / FRA - IST and get away with calling it Business Class .... then believe me this is 1st Class

BA actually have a proper business product.

It’s only on four(?) of the ex-BMI A321s (G-MED series) but still.

Caryjack

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:12 am

zeke wrote:
CRJ200flyer wrote:
What do you all think of them

Looks like a great flagship product on their new narrow body. Wish more airlines had a product like that.

I often travel between SEA and Central America in business class on AA or DL. It's always a narrow body and takes 2 or 3 legs. The tickets show first or business for the same seat.
These seats look great and I hope the wings don't obstruct the window (windows are my IFE). Will these seats fit in Delta's C+?
Thanks,
Cary

NW747-400

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:14 pm

IFlyVeryLittle wrote:
Why do all these "premium" product seats seem to assume people travel alone or want nothing to do with their spouses, children or traveling companions. I'll probably never fly anywhere outside of cattle class, but I would think carrying on a conversation with a seatmate would be next to impossible with this kind of deal.

The overwhelming majority, I’d guess about 80%, of premium cabin passengers travel alone for business.

micstatic

Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:26 pm

Antaras wrote:
Will this help Delta receive 4-star certification from Skytrax ??? :D ??? I think that DL deserves this and to become the first 4-star US carrier :D

I don't think anybody cares about Skytrax. Their ratings have always been suspect to begin with. Even so, most people have never even heard of a skytrax rating.
S340,DH8,AT7,CR2/7,E135/45/170/190,319,320,717,732,733,734,735,737,738,744,752,762,763,764,772,M80,M90

DL747400

Sat Feb 08, 2020 4:30 pm

Antaras wrote:

Not only does nobody care about Skytrax, but (unlike many of their foreign competitors) DELTA has repeatedly demonstrated in the past that they are simply not willing to spend money buying a meaningless award which does nothing to contribute to their bottom line.

Back on topic: IMO, the seat and the features look great. Like others, I do wonder how the white surface on the shell's backside will stand up in real world service. In terms of seat comfort and making comparisons with this new seat to existing Domestic First Class seats used by DELTA and other carriers, I will reserve judgement until I have an opportunity to actually travel in one of these new seats next year.
From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

VC10er

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:56 pm

I think they ”look” really cool. They will immediately upon sight make Delta look Like a game changer as a Domestic First seat (chair) hasn't really changed much in appearance for over 20 years. The true test will be comfort. If they look great but don't FEEL great: cushion, recline, headrest and storage then it be a ”Fooled-Ja!” after effect.

A game changer would be deep recline, footrest and better cushioning and ergonomics + storage/power. It would also mean less seats somewhere, which is why we won't see that anytime soon.

While I really like the new United Domestic First seat with the special recline feature of the butt cushion moving forward (kept the same degree of the old recline, but it feels like more recline) it still basically looks like a Domestic First. Especially in navy blue!

As for the color comments. I agree in part. Should Delta have gone with a RED seat or bold accents of red (matching the widget) or introduce a new color (Teal being one, but there are MANY shades of teal) or dark green, etc, the issue becomes one of ”becoming dated looking before the seat dies”

The ”Color Industry” already knows what colors will be the hot, new great color trend many years in advance. Every fashion house, cosmetics, every home decor and paint company etc pre plans color trends years in advance (while consumers believe society creates what's ”in”)
Why: because all of these huge industries want to make sure the HOT color this year is not hot next year! They want you to re purchase items within a 2 year cycle. This global, not just the US!
Airlines stick to timeless colors. Blues, Grey (warm and cool) taupe etc.

Remember United rainbow economy seats? (first they were actually comfortable) Looked great at first, but looked really dated less than 10 years in. They went well with Saul Bass’ ”sunset from above the clouds” concept but not so much when Battleship was launched.

Lufthansa can defy color trends because the yellow accents have been a part of their identity for most of our lives. The rest is ”GREY”

UA’s purple PE was fairly a bold move, but it's just one small section.

I'm not a fan of blah colors either...but if done well (like LX) and Delta has been doing a great job with design for a number of years now, they will work in some red and navy. ”piping and headrests” are an airlines version of throw pillows!

Does anyone remember the PriestmanGoode International First Class for TAM? Citron green and wood? Didn't last long - it looked great (unlike everything else TAM had done prior)
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

VC10er

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:01 pm

pdp wrote:
Iluvtofly wrote:
zeke wrote:

Look at Euro Business Class and then tell me this should be called Business Class LOL. Light miles ahead of the European Business Class offering.
If BA/ SK/ LH can offer what they do on an LHR/ CPH / FRA - IST and get away with calling it Business Class .... then believe me this is 1st Class

BA actually have a proper business product

It’s only on four(?) of the ex-BMI A321s (G-MED series) but still.

Really, I'd love to see them! My flight last Christmas from LHR to Barcelona, the seat was as comfortable as 2 planks of plywood!
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos