Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

T4thH

Re: Corona Virus outbreak - Aviation related News and Discussion Thread

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:19 pm

chonetsao wrote:
I think the next critical question is:

How do airlines including US3, QF, IAG...etc offset the reduction of capacity to Greater China. The current situation impact on ME3 in a minimum term, but a much bigger impact on US3 and EU3. Considering some of the carrier will have extra planes and personal for 2 to 3 months before the Easter peak arrives, what methods those airlines can take temporarily to reduce the numbers of packed planes and reduce its financial impacts?

I believe, the impact for the big US and EU carriers will be limited. It has to be feared, that the whole global and later in many/most countries also the domestic travel will decrease or (as already seen) between some countries. shut down. So your question; the global traffic will shrink in the next month, many routes will be shut down, all these wb planes not needed will be parked somewhere for some time.

The more important and critical question will be, how many airlines will not survive this coronavirus issue in the next few month? There are many airlines in the south and south east Asia area, who are already prolonged in trouble, like Air India, Malaysia group, Thai, Hongkong Airlines and the whole Hainan group e.g., just to mention some of the most important ones.
And than all of the airlines globally, who are already in stress and will be harmed, as the whole domestic and international traffic will be reduced. Will Norwegian survive? All these small national airlines? Will these airlines, even they will survive badly harmed, be able to take up all ordered planes? Will some of them take any chance to get out of the contracts or to defer them to a later time? After which delay, an airline is allowed to cancel an order? Soon there will be a delay of more than one year in the MAX orders...And will they be allowed to ask additional for a compensation from Boeing?

I have already asked here in this thread, if a own "Hainan Coronavirus killed airlines ticker thread" will be useful, I am surprised, that we not already hear of the first airlines in real big trouble and likely collapsing in next days/weeks.

bennett123

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:42 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51345279

A380 arrived back in France with evacuees.

Apparently the 11 Brits will be flown onto BZZ to join the folk that came back on the Wamos flight.

JetBuddy

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:09 pm

Striple wrote:
Long time lurker, but felt I can add my experience flying back from China yesterday.

I flew PVG-LAX Feb 1 on China Eastern. After I saw all the airlines cancelling flights I knew we only had a few days left to get out. PVG was like a ghost town, hardly anyone in the international satellite terminal. The flight itself was very full, even the first class cabin looked like a few seats taken. Most people on the plane were Chinese with Chinese passports. Everyone on the flight was wearing a mask including flight attendants.

Upon landing in LAX, I was expecting to be corralled into a special room for questioning on our travels and temp check. Surprisingly, and somewhat concerning was they didn't do anything! It was just like any other international flight. Even my wife who had to go through the foreigner immigration line wasn't questioned at all. Not even a flyer or information for us, honestly this seems like a big fail from the US...

We will be self quarentining now nor those concerned.

Welcome to the forums!

And thank you for an interesting account of your experience. It's very strange that the US does not check anyone coming from China. Good on you to quarantine yourselves. But don't be afraid to ask for medical help if you suspect you're infected or sick.

KlimaBXsst

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 pm

So if one cannot wear a gas mask... is it acceptable to wear a clear plastic bottle on Airlines or are these prohibited too?

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/trave ... ronavirus/
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

Prost

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:42 pm

Aviation wise, I’m wondering how Hainan Group (HU) manages through this.

Prost

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:44 pm

I was flying into China a lot during the initial SARS outbreak, and people were cautious bordering on paranoid, but it was understandable. And then meal time came, and all the masks were off and people were eating their lunch. I had to laugh to myself over that.

crazy

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:45 pm

As usual in Italy news are always different from announced.
For the repatriation of Italian citizens in Wuhan, instead of a civil airplane with military personnel on board, Ministry of Defense decided for a KC767 of Italian Air Force. The airplane departed from Pratica di Mare military base with military personnel on board,

Springbok743

Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:58 pm

T4thH wrote:
chonetsao wrote:

How do airlines including US3, QF, IAG...etc offset the reduction of capacity to Greater China. The current situation impact on ME3 in a minimum term, but a much bigger impact on US3 and EU3. Considering some of the carrier will have extra planes and personal for 2 to 3 months before the Easter peak arrives, what methods those airlines can take temporarily to reduce the numbers of packed planes and reduce its financial impacts?

I believe, the impact for the big US and EU carriers will be limited. It has to be feared, that the whole global and later in many/most countries also the domestic travel will decrease or (as already seen) between some countries. shut down. So your question; the global traffic will shrink in the next month, many routes will be shut down, all these wb planes not needed will be parked somewhere for some time.

The more important and critical question will be, how many airlines will not survive this coronavirus issue in the next few month? There are many airlines in the south and south east Asia area, who are already prolonged in trouble, like Air India, Malaysia group, Thai, Hongkong Airlines and the whole Hainan group e.g., just to mention some of the most important ones.
And than all of the airlines globally, who are already in stress and will be harmed, as the whole domestic and international traffic will be reduced. Will Norwegian survive? All these small national airlines? Will these airlines, even they will survive badly harmed, be able to take up all ordered planes? Will some of them take any chance to get out of the contracts or to defer them to a later time? After which delay, an airline is allowed to cancel an order? Soon there will be a delay of more than one year in the MAX orders...And will they be allowed to ask additional for a compensation from Boeing?

I have already asked here in this thread, if a own "Hainan Coronavirus killed airlines ticker thread" will be useful, I am surprised, that we not already hear of the first airlines in real big trouble and likely collapsing in next days/weeks.

* Wuhan Coronavirus.
Hainan is an island south of the mainland.

As far as bankruptcy, this is a weak time of year anyway, and given the drop has only been happening for some weeks with many tickets paid for but not being used, the difference is unlikely to be that big, obviously all the major chinese airlines (Hainan Group aside) have some degree of government ownership, and those that aren't would in my view likely receive government aid, foreign carriers are so far not going to be as effected as much just yet, though the death in the Philippines will certainly dissuade travel to all of south, southeast and east Asia.
I suspect the issues will start when we get into march, when the lack of pax will have prolonged and the first reservations for the summer simply don't show up, that's when various carriers will start to truly struggle, in other regions too depending on just how much the virus spreads.

dtw2hyd

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:09 pm

Two Kalitta Cargo 747s N705CK and N713CK are on their way to Wuhan with a stopover at ICN. It appears 713 got the cabin refit at Oscada just like 705.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n713ck
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/n705ck
All posts are just opinions.

T4thH

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:24 pm

Springbok743 wrote:
T4thH wrote:
chonetsao wrote:

* Wuhan Coronavirus.

As far as bankruptcy, this is a weak time of year anyway, and given the drop has only been happening for some weeks with many tickets paid for but not being used, the difference is unlikely to be that big, obviously all the major chinese airlines (Hainan Group aside) have some degree of government ownership, and those that aren't would in my view likely receive government aid, foreign carriers are so far not going to be as effected as much just yet, though the death in the Philippines will certainly dissuade travel to all of south, southeast and east Asia.
I suspect the issues will start when we get into march, when the lack of pax will have prolonged and the first reservations for the summer simply don't show up, that's when various carriers will start to truly struggle, in other regions too depending on just how much the virus spreads.

Sorry, of course, you are right. Always I hear of the Wuhan coronvirus, I also start to think about the Hainan group and when the HNA group with all of the airlines will start to collapse. The HNA group has a trash credit rate of CCC+, minimum of 100 billion liabilities e.g.

I am now just waiting and see them struggling.

The other governmental controlled big Chinese airlines are not in danger.

I am working for global companies. All offices in China are already closed and will stay closed. All domestic travel for employees is cancelled in China, best case, some will work homebased. Of cause, no travel to China or from China.
There is already the announcement, to reduce international travel to minimum and for everyone to check, if domestic travel with public transport system can be reduced.
These are two global top ten companies in their area with in total 150.000 employees. And the business is prone for travel.

Yes, the Wuhan crisis is already affecting international and starting to harm domestic travel also outside of China/Asia.

smartplane

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:29 pm

chonetsao wrote:

IATA has already facilitated virtual meetings of financial players, including their own leasing advisory group members, various EXIM's and key financial institutions to understand exposures, options and consequences.

Financiers will do everything within their powers to assist good customers, including repayment holidays, suspending / reducing lease payments (adding to EOL), interest only, margin reduction to cost of funds............

However the capacity to assist comes in the middle of MAX and RR issues, which have already expended a lot of financial goodwill, with the former still getting bigger by the day.

China a significant source of industry funding, directly and indirectly, are already clawing back, action which will soon start to impact global markets and credit.

1989worstyear

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:57 pm

T4thH wrote:
Springbok743 wrote:
T4thH wrote:

* Wuhan Coronavirus.

Sorry, of course, you are right. Always I hear of the Wuhan coronvirus, I also start to think about the Hainan group and when the HNA group with all of the airlines will start to collapse. The HNA group has a trash credit rate of CCC+, minimum of 100 billion liabilities e.g.

I am now just waiting and see them struggling.

The other governmental controlled big Chinese airlines are not in danger.

I am working for global companies. All offices in China are already closed and will stay closed. All domestic travel for employees is cancelled in China, best case, some will work homebased. Of cause, no travel to China or from China.
There is already the announcement, to reduce international travel to minimum and for everyone to check, if domestic travel with public transport system can be reduced.
These are two global top ten companies in their area with in total 150.000 employees. And the business is prone for travel.

Yes, the Wuhan crisis is already affecting international and starting to harm domestic travel also outside of China/Asia.

Yep. Even between the Americas and EU I see being impacted, justified or not :brokenheart: .

I just hope these more extreme precautions (don't travel anywhwere) are worth it. I hate to see another global freak out that decimates the industry perpetuated by the media-clickbait complex.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

CarbonFibre

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:17 pm

Some have said the China Air Rescue GV visit to London was purely coincidental and not virus related. Anyone able to confirm?

https://flic.kr/p/2inPrE4

Ziyulu

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:36 pm

Is there a reason why the US does not charter a flight using their flag carrier? Isn't this a time to show a sense of national pride?

worldranger

Emirates last major still in China - staff upset

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:37 pm

Emirates continue to fly to China despite multiple major carriers halting service.

A large percentage of staff are calling sick on the flights and crewing are struggling. The decision to continue comes on the back of flights dispatched into Tehran at the height of the tensions with three flights scheduled on the day of the Ukraine International shoot down. This is despite widespread anger at the move by frontline staff.

Questions are being asked of the Flt ops mgt in the commercial/safety decision making balance with multiple social media mockery of the leadership.

While Dubai media is heavily censored the most recent decisions have created a storm on facebook/insta/snap/whap- that is taking on a life of its own with little ability of the airline/city to control it as the anger grows.

What is it that this mgt team know that the worlds great airlines do not? Is it dollars signs ?

Is it an overreaction by other airlines ?

hayzel777

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:44 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
Is there a reason why the US does not charter a flight using their flag carrier? Isn't this a time to show a sense of national pride?

Maybe because they don’t have one?

All airlines are private corporations in the US.

JBusworth

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:26 pm

Springbok743 wrote:

Week time of year? For Asia, the last week of January and the first few weeks of February aren't exactly quiet, with it being Lunar New Year. Typically hundreds of millions of Chinese and other Asians would be traveling at this time of year to celebrate, but this year none of that is happening. Typically this week would be one of, if not the busiest travel times for Chinese carriers, it will hurt those Chinese airlines that are struggling who often stay afloat off higher prices and demand at this time of year.

At SYD/MEL, this is typically the time of year that there are more flights from China at higher passenger loads and yields than any other time of the year. A333s get up gauged to A388s and 77Ws, tens of thousands of Chinese tourists every day arrive in Australia, particularly during February. From next week, there will be next to no flights from China to these airports.

This is obviously going to hurt airlines and airports heavily exposed to China, particularly given the normally busy Lunar New Year period. Yes, longer term will likely have a bigger impact, but it is naive to ignore that this is the busiest time of year for Chinese airlines.

enzo011

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:36 pm

FlyHappy wrote:
It's not xenophophic, I think you've misunderstood and I encourage you to look at this from a fresh perspective.

The point of barring entry to everyone having been in China recently is obvious.
The point of exempting your own citizens for entry (be it Philippines, Switzerland or Brazil), is to provide the single most important reason for ANY state government to exist - to protect and shelter their own people; its the fundemental purpose of the construct of the State.

There are vast numbers of non-PRC citizens who have been in China recently, but far, far fewer Philippinos's who fall into the same category. This is nothing more than an unspoken situation where State's are saying - "there's emergency and panic in China, foreigners are evacuating, you take care of yours, I'll take care of mine"
Yes - there likely will be Philippino citizens returning home (this is what they're doing, lets not forget, many scared and with few other options) infected with nCoV , and the govt will be doing their best to simultaneously carry out their moral duty of both caring for the Public, AND caring for these individual citizens; they will be doing many of the things we've been seeing - temperature checks, quarantine, disinfections, and specialized hospital care to those afflicted. Clearly, the burden of these measures (financial and otherwise) is far less if the population of likely carriers is limited to just your own citizens.

It's not a band-aid, or lip service.
You never turn away your own people when they're in need.

My comment was only looking at the Philippines. They had someone come into the country on the 21st January and it seems like she was only quarantined on the 25th January. During that time flights were still allowed and it seems no special measures were put in place, while other countries were taking precautions. There was a lot of grumblings from people on the ground, seeing that the country is in reality in no way prepared to deal with a outbreak and the person that died had visited Dumaguete prior to being quarantined in Manila. There are I believe 3 hospitals in Dumaguete and I have experience where two of the hospitals weren't accepting new patients because they were full. This was not during an outbreak, so if there is one a lot of people will die.

For me, the actions of banning people other than Filipino's to enter from China on the 2nd February, too little too late. I am not commenting on any other countries or their response, but flights were operating as normal to and from China with what looks like little concern in the Philippines until only recently. For me that screams a policy failure from the government.

qf789

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:38 pm

China Eastern suspends all US flights

https://twitter.com/hharteveldt/status/ ... 94944?s=21
Forum Moderator

tapairbus370

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:40 pm

Does anyone have an ideia of of many flights are, until now, suspended?

My question is, next week, february 3 until february 9, how many flights are suspended?
I know it´s not an easy question, but an ideia??

Thank you

MIflyer12

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:49 pm

Ziyulu wrote:

Wow, are you out of it. The concept of flag carriers is decades outdated. The U.S. government arranged the Kalitta charter Wuhan-Anchorage-California Air Force base days ago, and arranged quarantine for all arriving passengers.

HNLSLCPDX

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:53 pm

Yet EK is still flying in/out of China. Another reason to never fly them.

dabc

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Air Algerie AH3771, 7T-VJC, 332, just departed Wuhan heading to Algiers. On board Algerians, Tunisians, Lybians and Mauritanians

peterinlisbon

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:58 pm

HNLSLCPDX wrote:
Yet EK is still flying in/out of China. Another reason to never fly them.

I flew on Etihad from Abu Dhabi to Casablanca recently and most of the passengers around me looked Chinese. Who knows where they started their journey? This is the worry with those type of transit flights.

I find these total bans of flights to an entire country quite scary. Hopefully it won't last for long as they find out more about the disease and other ways to mitigate the risk. Maybe in future when you get on a flight you'll just have to wear a Hazmat suit.

Ishrion

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:49 pm

U.S. entry points extended to 11 airports instead of 7:

Atlanta: Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL)
Dallas/Fort Worth: Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) Beginning Feb. 3 at 7:30 a.m. ET
Detroit: Detroit Metropolitan Airport (DTW) Beginning Feb. 3 at 7:30 a.m. ET
Newark, NJ: Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) Beginning Feb. 3 at 6:30 a.m. ET
Honolulu: Daniel K. Inouye International Airport (HNL)
New York City: John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK)
Los Angeles: Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)
Chicago: Chicago O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
Seattle: Seattle-Tacoma International Airport (SEA)
San Francisco: San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Washington, D.C.: Washington-Dulles International Airport (IAD)

dcajet

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:02 am

Ziyulu wrote:

Because we don't have a US flag carrier. Just being American is good enough.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

Pentaprism

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:08 am

Qantas Rescue flight seems to be still grounded at WUH unless I've missed something. Looks like things are not going to plan. Expect Crew would have timed out by now. Can the Crew just sleep on the Plane? Transferring to a Hotel doesn't seem like a viable option.

Don't understand how the Flight Bans are working, the media is saying all Chinese Tourists are banned from Australia but flights from China to Australia departed last night. Do they only have Australian Citizens on board? If so they would be very empty and it's surprising they didn't cancel them and book the PAX with another Carrier, eg CX.

Waterbomber2

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:16 am

Pentaprism wrote:
Qantas Rescue flight seems to be still grounded at WUH unless I've missed something. Looks like things are not going to plan. Expect Crew would have timed out by now. Can the Crew just sleep on the Plane? Transferring to a Hotel doesn't seem like a viable option.

Don't understand how the Flight Bans are working, the media is saying all Chinese Tourists are banned from Australia but flights from China to Australia departed last night. Do they only have Australian Citizens on board? If so they would be very empty and it's surprising they didn't cancel them and book the PAX with another Carrier, eg CX.

Chinese still need to get home from Australia, so the aircraft might fly empty to Australia, and fly back full as they try to get everyone with a return trip scheduled out before they have to suspend flights.
As someone said, there is also an ongoing effort to "reverse-evacuate" Chinese back to China.

Pentaprism

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:20 am

Good point, didn't think of that :)

Ziyulu

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:40 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

Wow, are you out of it. The concept of flag carriers is decades outdated. The U.S. government arranged the Kalitta charter Wuhan-Anchorage-California Air Force base days ago, and arranged quarantine for all arriving passengers.

Outdated? Then why do we have the Fly America Act for the Federal government?

MedFlyerArg85

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:50 am

Pentaprism wrote:

VH-OEE is now airborne going to Learmonth.
Flown: B717 - B722 - B732 - B737 - B738 - B742 - B744 - B762 - B789 - MD82 - MD83 - MD11 - A306 - A320 - A321 - A319 - A330 - J32 - SF340 - ATR72-600

asuflyer

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:06 am

4L evacuated 33 Sri Lankan students from Wuhan.

https://www.traveltrademaldives.com/sri ... sri-lanka/

FlyHappy

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:17 am

Ziyulu wrote:
MIflyer12 wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

Outdated? Then why do we have the Fly America Act for the Federal government?

No idea what your beef is. Kalitta is an American carrier. They are no less valid than any other. All of which has squat do to with the "Fly America Act".

T4thH

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:43 am

asuflyer wrote:
4L evacuated 33 Sri Lankan students from Wuhan.

https://www.traveltrademaldives.com/sri ... sri-lanka/

This is now really exaggerated and unneeded.The passengers are most likely only "possible infected persons", if infected,likely without any symptoms; even in the worst case, everyone, who does not get in direct contact to the passengers, (as the pilots), just do not need anything more than the filter mask and has to regular wash his hands. OK, if they (the pilots) want to protect the clothes, than they can carry the disposable suits. But why the hell are they (pilots) carrying the safety googles? The infection is through the respiratory way and not through the face/eyes.

jolt3on

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:02 am

They need the protection when coming in contact with the ground crew.

Vio

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:02 am

The cockpit photo above, brings back memories of my time in the North, flying Air Ambulance. A few times we had to "suit up" and "mask up". It was a very uncomfortable feeling, both physically and psychologically, but focused on the task at hand and completed our mission. Nothing bad ever came of it (to us, the crew).
Superior decisions reduce the need for superior skills.

zkncj

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:11 am

Pentaprism wrote:

Australia, USA, New Zealand have all put the same ban in place. Most likely the flights will be for people returning to China (although would expect this to the fully stopped by the end of the week).

In the New Zealand case they have closed down there E-Gates (Automated Customs), and gone back to manually processing people in person so that can check people’s travel history.

An China stamp in your passport would defiantly flag you, and get you send back.

dtw2hyd

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:17 am

T4thH wrote:
But why the hell are they (pilots) carrying the safety googles? The infection is through the respiratory way and not through the face/eyes.

YouTube knowledge, so don't flame me.

Virus enters thru any mucus membrane. Eyes are definitely an entry point along with mouth and ears. One Doctor on YouTube claimed even private parts are considered mucus membranes. Someone more knowledgeable can confirm or deny.

zkncj wrote:
An China stamp in your passport would defiantly flag you, and get you send back.

That never works 100%

1) Stapled Visas
2) People with legal multiple passports
3) People with illegal multiple passports (China doesn't allow dual citizenship, yet there are Chinese with multiple passports)
Last edited by dtw2hyd on Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
All posts are just opinions.

Finn350

Re: Emirates last major still in China - staff upset

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 am

worldranger wrote:
Emirates continue to fly to China despite multiple major carriers halting service.

[...]

What is it that this mgt team know that the worlds great airlines do not? Is it dollars signs ?

Is it an overreaction by other airlines ?

Well, at least they are following WHO guidelines. WHO advises against the application of any restrictions of international traffic based on the information currently available on this event.

NWADTWE16

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:26 am

I keep reading how "this is not needed, "this is an overreaction" etc etc.

Do any of you allow for the fact that there is no way the powers that be would even come close to telling the global population/press EXACTLY what the reality was, about anything?

So yes, protective measures should be taken, and from all the mishaps we have seen, I hope you all are right, because if its more serious and we just aren't advised of the true reality, society did not react accordingly across the entire globe, and we will pay dearly for that.

For myself: I have 2 international trips to Europe for Summer, one I will postpone to August from July (not related to virus)
and the other I am holding off purchasing because I want to see what happens here, the trajectory of infections and deaths as well as
entire global spread within what 2 weeks, is something that is halting me from having comfort booking to Spain/Med/Canary Islands for June.

I have 6 trips domestically between now and then, and I do not expect to have any impact on those, but of course awaiting further info, which I get updated (at least what they are releasing every night) -not from typically news sites, but from Chinas Disease control in Wuhan.
I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list!

qf789

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:06 am

Australia is expecting massive losses in the tourism industry due to this virus

https://twitter.com/newscomauHQ/status/ ... 62784?s=20
Forum Moderator

qf789

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:09 am

The coronavirus is also having an impact on the Singapore Air Show which is expected to start next week, some exhibitors have already pulled out

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-chin ... SKBN1ZX08L
Forum Moderator

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:35 am

KlimaBXsst wrote:
So if one cannot wear a gas mask... is it acceptable to wear a clear plastic bottle on Airlines or are these prohibited too?

https://www.the-sun.com/lifestyle/trave ... ronavirus/

Speaking to the gas mask incident on AA on 30JAN2020 https://abc13.com/society/man-in-gas-ma ... n/5894124/ it was stated that the passengers felt uncomfortable because they couldn't see his face. I am curious as to if there are any airlines that restrict passengers (usually female) wearing a burka or a niqab, and if a passenger felt uncomfortable about that, would they just be SOL.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/2636321/n ... -headwear/
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

hayzel777

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:49 am

Poor Starlux, which just started MFM service, is suspending it until 3/28. From 3/28-5/31, only JX201/202 will operate. Flights are currently scheduled to resume normally 6/1, subject to change.

Big hit for a company that is already to be rumored short of cash. The owners have been selling all kinds of stocks they hold in the Evergreen group and other corporations and injecting it into the airline.

LoganTheBogan

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:59 am

Sam Chui has received information from Qantas regarding the operation of QF6031/32, its safety procedures and the sterilisation of the aircraft once the rescue flight is completed:

https://samchui.com/2020/02/03/how-qant ... je2uWgzaiM
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:22 am

LoganTheBogan wrote:
Sam Chui has received information from Qantas regarding the operation of QF6031/32, its safety procedures and the sterilisation of the aircraft once the rescue flight is completed:

Do the crew have a crew only restroom they use??
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

qf789

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:49 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
LoganTheBogan wrote:

Do the crew have a crew only restroom they use??

The crew have been confined to the upper deck for the entire flight, the only time they have been on the main deck was to man the doors and for take off. The crew will not be going to XCH with the passengers.

There was a report in the last hour saying passengers may not be transferred to XCH until tomorrow. This is due to the XCH is VFR only and it can also experience low cloud this time of the year as well.

Virgin operates a 2 weekly PER-XCH-CCK-PER routing an it is a challenging airport to operate to. Refer to link below, it outlines some of the challenges operating into the airport.

https://www.regional.gov.au/territories ... tralia.pdf
Forum Moderator

Pentaprism

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:13 am

Any idea why QF6032 tracked so far East instead of a more direct route over Borneo?

Antaras

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:52 am

qf789 wrote:
A Batik Air A333 has been chartered by Indonesia to evacuate citizens

https://twitter.com/flightradar24/statu ... 22240?s=20

Catched this video on Facebook....
https://www.facebook.com/105560116141062/posts/3193786953985014/?vh=e&d=n
Some kind of spray??? :D
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

dampfnudel

Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:13 am

I just noticed on FR24 a China Southern Airlines flight landing at JFK from CAN. Is it coming in empty to pick up Chinese citizens?
Last edited by dampfnudel on Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5