Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

multimark

Re: Corona Virus outbreak - Aviation related News and Discussion Thread

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 pm

LAXintl wrote:
China-USA demand is coming back.
Attended briefing end of last week were Air China local management informed airport officials they will reestablish separate LAX and SFO flights for April. Current LAX flights are seeing increased loads (150-180 per flight) far above 30-50 few weeks ago.

Really? Interesting that AC just announced suspension of Canada-Mainland China flights will continue to April 10:

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/busines ... l-10-over/

NYCVIE

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:47 pm

Clackers wrote:
What would happen if every aircraft in the world was grounded? is that even possible? I bet Russian and Iranians wouldn't comply.

Comply with what? There's no organization that has the jurisdiction or authority to order a worldwide grounding of all aircraft. Remember with the MAX, every country grounded it before the US finally did.

dmstorm22

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:51 pm

multimark wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Attended briefing end of last week were Air China local management informed airport officials they will reestablish separate LAX and SFO flights for April. Current LAX flights are seeing increased loads (150-180 per flight) far above 30-50 few weeks ago.

Really? Interesting that AC just announced suspension of Canada-Mainland China flights will continue to April 10:

It's not just safety, it's also outlook on selling tickets.

AC (or the US3) are probably less willing to send out 77Ws and 787-9s with <100 people than CA/CZ/etc are.

multimark

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:17 pm

dmstorm22 wrote:
AC (or the US3) are probably less willing to send out 77Ws and 787-9s with <100 people than CA/CZ/etc are.

Less willing, or less subsidized?

Varsity1

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:21 pm

multimark wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:

Less willing to take it in the pants.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

dmstorm22

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:43 am

multimark wrote:
dmstorm22 wrote:

Little of column A little of column B

Anyway, not totally relevant.

Basic point remains is it is no surprise that the Asian carriers may be quicker to restart their paused services than US3.

enilria

Mahan Air Ran Secret Flights to China Leading to Outbreak in Iran

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:01 am

It would appear that Flightradar24 has answered why Iran has an outbreak of Coronavirus...

A Radio Farda investigation shows that the Revolutionary Guard owned Mahan Air has continued its flights to four Chinese cities in the past three weeks despite consistent denials by Iranian officials.

The information has been collected from flight-tracking websites such as Flightradar24. As seen on Flightradar24 website in the screenshot below Mahan Air's flight W576 from Shanghai was scheduled to land at Imam Khomeini Airport of Tehran at 6:31 am local time on February 25.

https://en.radiofarda.com/a/iran-guard- ... 52950.html

argentinevol98

Re: Mahan Air Ran Secret Flights to China Leading to Outbreak in Iran

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:38 am

Seems rather amateur to run secret flights while publicly denying so but not thinking to block Flightradar24s tracking. To my knowledge one can do stop Flightradar24 from tracking you, though I admit I don't know what the process is. Can anyone clarify this?
"He sospechado alguna vez que la única cosa sin misterio es la felicidad, porque se justifica por sí sola"-Jorge Luis Borges

CALMSP

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:39 am

argentinevol98 wrote:
Seems rather amateur to run secret flights while publicly denying so but not thinking to block Flightradar24s tracking. To my knowledge one can do stop Flightradar24 from tracking you, though I admit I don't know what the process is. Can anyone clarify this?

We are talking about Iran here.......

ikolkyo

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:52 am

How smart...

oldJoe

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:13 am

Clackers wrote:
What would happen if every aircraft in the world was grounded? is that even possible? I bet Russian and Iranians wouldn't comply.

That`s the big question ?
And ( very ) big question : Is it 100 % safe when they clean the aircraft ? Is the cleaning staff or any other staff working on the plane in danger ??? I hope not !

ShanghaiNoon

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:41 am

Did they think no one at PVG would notice their A340 on the tarmac?

Melbourne

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:56 am

There are multiple direct flights operated by many carriers not just Mahan Air between China, Europe, Australia and North America which are still currently operating. I don't see why the Iranian government would try keep their flights hidden?

smartplane

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:11 am

Would be good for travellers and crews if each airline was required to publish:
Minimum cabin air refresh rates.
When cabin air filters were last changed.
If new or 'cleaned' filters were fitted.

teriyaki

Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:34 am

Are transfers still being allowed in countries that have "mandatory quarantine", or Travel Restrictions?

Example, HKG has just announced no visitors that have visited Korea in last 14 days. How will the airport handle passengers going say, SEL-HKG-SIN with no entry into Hong Kong.

itisi

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:49 am

Posted by a US government backed channel... Hmmmm
737-300/400/500 ... are NOT classics :)

p468

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:07 pm

just another piece of fine journalism and possibly clickbait online news style titles.
The article goes on to say .... "government decided to cease all flights to and from China but there have been a few authorized flights including a flight to evacuate students and other Iranian nationals from China and a few cargo flights" so not really 'secret' nor are they denying it.
It sounds like they've suspended flights, albeit scheduled services, but a couple of adhoc/charter operations have happened. Which is nothing unusual or unique to Iran or Mahan Air

Polot

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:20 pm

p468 wrote:
just another piece of fine journalism and possibly clickbait online news style titles.
The article goes on to say .... "government decided to cease all flights to and from China but there have been a few authorized flights including a flight to evacuate students and other Iranian nationals from China and a few cargo flights" so not really 'secret' nor are they denying it.
It sounds like they've suspended flights, albeit scheduled services, but a couple of adhoc/charter operations have happened. Which is nothing unusual or unique to Iran or Mahan Air

The article is alleging that Mahan has been operating more than those select authorized flights despite what the Iran government claims.

I don’t know if it is true or propaganda, but that is the allegation.

AirAfreak

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:48 pm

It’s been 9 days since my ICN-LAX flight (via Seattle/Tacoma) and I’m pleased to report no health issues. I purchased 3 travel sized bottles of Lysol Disinfectant spray for use onboard each flight lavatory handle, toilet seat, sink handles, and counter areas I was exposed to. When I noticed a passenger vomiting into a waste bag by the rear galley doorway, I sprayed the entire area with Lysol. When she ran into the lavatory after vomiting, I sprayed the handle of the lavatory door she touched and the vent located at the bottom of the lavatory door. I sprayed the jump seat she touched and the exit door. I sprayed the walk space to eliminate the odor and also the inside of the lavatory once she left. I did all of this as a passenger keep in mind; without the crew permission. However, the cabin crew was very thankful for my efforts and thanked me for using the Lysol. I offered a crew member one of my last two remaining bottles of Lysol when I started to think about the risk that the crew is taking to even show up at work on these Asia flights.

The lesson behind this story is to always be prepared. Be responsible and protect yourself and others. Don’t go to tourist areas or use public restrooms without some kind of disinfectant handy. Spray your shoes with disinfectant after walking outside. Take your shoes off at the front door of your hotel or home. Wash your hands and use disinfectant wipes to cleanse the tray table, passenger service unit, PTV, arm rest, seat belt, and especially the SEAT POCKETS onboard!

And keep in mind, your face mask won’t protect you the moment you remove it to consume your inflight beverage or meal. This is why I recommend all passengers and crew take the extra time to purchase disinfectants such as Lysol wipes or travel sprays other than hand sanitizers. Fly safe and take care of you!
Korean Air | Excellence in Flight.

seb76

Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:52 pm

A secret flight that can be seen even on Flightradar24 ? That's a good joke ;-)
Why not just turn off the transponder or select C-Mode for the whole trip ... the team firing missiles over Iran isn't using FR24 for differentiating airliners from military planes anyway.

Regarding the source of this news :
About Radio Farda
Radio Farda is the Persian language broadcaster at Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, providing 24/7 radio programs for Iran on multiple platforms, including satellite, Am and shortwave signal transmissions that fully cover Iran. In addition, Farda has a morning one-hour television show on satellite, “Breakfast with News” and 5 daily top-of-the hour TV newscasts.

Radio Farda is a service of Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty, an independent news company which receives a grant from the U.S. Congress through the Broadcasting Board of Governors. RFE/RL is required by U.S. law to provide factual, objective and professional journalism to its audiences. U.S. government officials, including the BBG’s Chief Executive Officer, are prohibited from interfering in the reporting of news by RFE/RL. Our mission is to promote democratic values and institutions and to provide what many people in our audience cannot get locally: uncensored news, responsible discussion, and open debate. We serve 23 countries in 25 languages.

I guess this kind of press group is probably about as honest as ... Sputnik News : different objective, but same methods.

peterinlisbon

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:07 pm

Say what you like about Mahan Air, they put Iran on the map. The coronavirus map.

enilria

Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:44 pm

p468 wrote:

I don’t argue the source is likely USA propaganda, but it does explain the Iranian outbreak which the media had treated mystery and fear (fear is a given).

Seabear

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:10 pm

Propaganda or not, the possibility that a communicable disease can spread via international air travel has moved out of the realm of science fiction, into science fact.

sw733

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:54 pm

Seabear wrote:
Propaganda or not, the possibility that a communicable disease can spread via international air travel has moved out of the realm of science fiction, into science fact.

It's not really new. Previous diseases have been spread by air travel, including H1N1. I'm almost 100% certain I picked up my case of H1N1 on a KUL-HKG flight because of a sick passenger seated next to me.

adambrau

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:27 pm

Lufthansa and KLM React

https://www.cnn.com/asia/live-news/coro ... index.html

These two European airlines are cutting costs to counter coronavirus impact
From CNN’s Chris Liakos and Eoin McSweeney
German airline Lufthansa and Dutch carrier KLM announced a series of cost-saving measures today to counter the impact coronavirus will have on their business, including budget cuts and hiring freezes.

Here's how Lufthansa described its measures in a statement:

“In order to counteract the economic impact of the coronavirus at an early stage, Lufthansa is implementing several measures to lower costs: among other things, all new hires planned for the airline with the crane will be reassessed, suspended or deferred to a later date. Lufthansa is also offering employees unpaid leave effective immediately. An expansion of part-time work options in the context of collective bargaining agreements is currently being examined,” the company said in a statement.
Meanwhile, KLM announced precautionary measures saying the impact on its operations will be “very significant”.

In a letter to employees, KLM Chief Financial Officer Erik Swelheim said the impact on KLM’s revenues "will be very significant."

Measures announced in the letter include cutting back on external hiring in non-operational departments and hiring of consultants and other advisors as well as delaying IT and “real estate” projects.

“Given the external challenges, there is a serious risk that the operating margin for 2020 will be again under pressure,” the CFO said.
JFK Friendly

VRHNM

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:43 pm

dmstorm22 wrote:
multimark wrote:
LAXintl wrote:

The general vibe/direction that the PRC has moved in the past week is to resume work, production and services across the country despite the fact that the outbreak within China has not been contained yet.
I would suspect that the Chinese carriers are following suit to conform with the administration's instructions, even if that means lightly loaded aircraft.

zakuivcustom

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:01 pm

VRHNM wrote:
I would suspect that the Chinese carriers are following suit to conform with the administration's instructions, even if that means lightly loaded aircraft.

Chinese carriers are not in there to make money, they're there to provide flights as almost "essential service". Keep in mind Chinese carrier had still been flying long-haul flights, albeit with a barebone schedule (i.e. focusing everything around PEK or PVG or CAN and cut those long-hauls from places like CSX or XIY).

dmstorm22 wrote:

Indeed. AC for example will soon consolidate all their HKG traffic to a single YVR flight instead of YYZ and YVR. Of course, if you saw the seat map for YYZ-HKG flights (especially going TO HKG) on AC in March, it's a no-brainer (Spoiler: The back is 70% empty).

cessna2 wrote:

Full PR on DL:
https://news.delta.com/delta-reduces-fl ... 9-outbreak

MSP-ICN completely suspended. SEA, ATL, and DTW to 5/wk. ICN-MNL is delayed to May 1st.

If the outbreak continues to get even crazier in South Korea, DL will definitely be the most vulnerable among US3 as they focused their TPAC network hub around ICN. Also keep in mind that it's NOT just traffic between ICN and US (on DL/KE) being affected, but also the fact that many flights from ICN to rest of APAC region are being suspended.

32andBelow

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:13 pm

Clackers wrote:

Then 100s of villages in Alaska and northern Canada wouldn’t get food. And thousands of people wouldn’t be able to make their cancer treatments. Horrendous idea m8.

enilria

Delta Reduces Seoul by More than Half Amid Outbreak, Manila Delayed Till May

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:31 pm

This is getting ugly fast...with Narita gone in March it also guts DL's ability to get passengers to almost anywhere in Asia.

Delta is temporarily reducing the number of weekly flights it operates between the U.S. and Seoul-Incheon (ICN), South Korea, due to global health concerns related to coronavirus (COVID-19).

From Feb. 29 through April 30, the carrier will suspend service between Minneapolis/St. Paul and ICN, with the last flight departing MSP for ICN on Feb. 28 and departing ICN for MSP on Feb. 29. Delta will also reduce to five times weekly its services between ICN and Atlanta, Detroit and Seattle through April 30. The airline’s new service from Incheon to Manila, previously scheduled to begin March 29, will now start on May 1. Full schedule details will be available on delta.com beginning Feb. 29.

slcdeltarumd11

Re: Delta Reduces Seoul by More than Half Amid Outbreak, Manila Delayed Till May

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 pm

yeah i think we are gonna see alot more cancellations for summer coming to international routes. Airlines would rather air on the side of caution than be stuck flying empty planes.

jayunited

Re: Delta Reduces Seoul by More than Half Amid Outbreak, Manila Delayed Till May

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:05 pm

Yeah this is getting bad, UA has not pulled the trigger yet on reducing our service to Japan but they are talking about it behind the scenes here at Willis.

Unlike China there are no talks yet of suspending all flights but don't be surprised to see a reduction in service to Japan by UA. One thing is for sure COVID-19 will have a major impact on all airlines bottom line.

Murdoughnut

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:07 pm

You're assuming anyone wants to go to Asia.

Sooner787

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:11 pm

Interesting AA 281 from, DFW - ICN departed on time today.

As big a stink as AA's flight & cabin crews raised about working the PEK, PVG & HKG flights,
which were finally suspended, I haven't heard anything on local news about suspending this ICN flight yet.

jasoncrh

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm

I was just in Vietnam for a week. Still packed full of Europeans. No Chinese. Hand sanitizer, frequent hand washing, good to go

quote="Murdoughnut"]You're assuming anyone wants to go to Asia.[/quote]

United787

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:23 pm

I can't understand why US-Japan flights aren't suspended yet given the Japanese piss poor management of the outbreak. And for that matter US-South Korean flights since their outbreak is not yet under control.

Suspending US-Italy flights would be a good idea right now also even though most US-Italy flights are seasonal and aren't operating anyways, right? How many year round US-Italy flights are there?

ScottB

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:25 pm

enilria wrote:
This is getting ugly fast...with Narita gone in March it also guts DL's ability to get passengers to almost anywhere in Asia.

NRT didn't have much connectivity on DL anymore so I doubt there's much of an impact. DL can still rebook on their remaining services to ICN or on KE if need be. As others have pointed out, I strongly doubt they'll have much trouble finding seats for anyone who still wants or needs to fly to Asia.

Atlwarrior

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:35 pm

enilria wrote:

Delta is temporarily reducing the number of weekly flights it operates between the U.S. and Seoul-Incheon (ICN), South Korea, due to global health concerns related to coronavirus (COVID-19).

From Feb. 29 through April 30, the carrier will suspend service between Minneapolis/St. Paul and ICN, with the last flight departing MSP for ICN on Feb. 28 and departing ICN for MSP on Feb. 29. Delta will also reduce to five times weekly its services between ICN and Atlanta, Detroit and Seattle through April 30. The airline’s new service from Incheon to Manila, previously scheduled to begin March 29, will now start on May 1. Full schedule details will be available on delta.com beginning Feb. 29.

Who’s actually beating down the doors for travel to Asia right now.

adambrau

Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:52 pm

Of the top of my head:

Air Italy is/has gone bankrupt.

Alitalia has several flights a day to Milan and Rome to JFK. Cannot speak to other routes.

UA/AA/DL must have several daily flights.

EK daily to MXP JFK.

Then every European airline is a one stop connection.

You can drive from Italy to Switzerland and France.

By boat to France.

You can't stop travel from Italy.

Not even if you are the President.
JFK Friendly

Varsity1

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:09 pm

adambrau wrote:
Of the top of my head:

Alitalia has several flights a day to Milan and Rome to JFK. Cannot speak to other routes.

EK daily to MXP JFK.

By boat to France.

You certainly could. France, Swiss and Austria close the border, airlines stop flying. No different than china. A lot easier than China I would argue. Italy is tiny by comparison.
"PPRuNe will no longer allow discussions regarding Etihad Airlines, its employees, executives, agents, or other representatives. Such threads will be deleted." - ME3 thug airlines suing anyone who brings negative information public..

dmstorm22

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:17 pm

Atlwarrior wrote:
enilria wrote:

Who’s actually beating down the doors for travel to Asia right now.

Right now not many but there will be a window when it is safe but public perception hasn't changed and travel deals to Asia will be a steal.

Personally hoping that time period is in May as I had scheduled a vacation to S. Korea with my girlfriend for late May.

babastud

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:21 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
adambrau wrote:
Of the top of my head:

EK daily to MXP JFK.

By boat to France.

You certainly could. France, Swiss and Austria close the border, airlines stop flying. No different than china. A lot easier than China I would argue. Italy is tiny by comparison.

Exactly! it's called emergency powers, this is why they exist so in times like this they can be used.

tphuang

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:30 pm

adambrau wrote:
Of the top of my head:

EK daily to MXP JFK.

By boat to France.

those us to italy flights (especially to Milan) are going to get suspended very soon. You can bet all the Wall street firms are telling their employees to avoid non-essential travel to Northern Italy and to self gurantine for 14 days if they do go. Who is going to want to take that kind of risk?

the US to Italy travel is going to take a huge hit the next few months.

tphuang

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:37 pm

jayunited wrote:
Yeah this is getting bad, UA has not pulled the trigger yet on reducing our service to Japan but they are talking about it behind the scenes here at Willis.

Unlike China there are no talks yet of suspending all flights but don't be surprised to see a reduction in service to Japan by UA. One thing is for sure COVID-19 will have a major impact on all airlines bottom line.

+1

UA just said near term demand to Asian dropped 75%. And I'm assuming near term demand to continental Europe, especially Italy is going to take a huge tumble also. I'd be shocked if US-Japan flights don't get reduced.

And I'm shocked KE hasn't started cutting back on US-ICN flights yet. Who is going to want to fly an airline that just had one of its FAs tested positive for Coronavirus?

enilria wrote:

I do wonder about this. If the service is suspended for 2 months. Who is going to actually book flights for May to ICN? Even if you believe the situation isn't getting any worse, could you trust the airline to not extend the service suspension?

It seems to me that when airlines do resume service, they are going to have several months of really horrible yields to some of these markets. The peak summer season is 3 and half month away. People normally book their international travel earlier than domestic ones. That doesn't leave much time for situation to turn around. I would expect this to be a really lousy summer of TPAC and TATL travel.

Those wide-bodies being redeployed to Europe are going to see some pretty low yields.

SCQ83

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:41 pm

tphuang wrote:
those us to italy flights (especially to Milan) are going to get suspended very soon. You can bet all the Wall street firms are telling their employees to avoid non-essential travel to Northern Italy and to self gurantine for 14 days if they do go. Who is going to want to take that kind of risk?

the US to Italy travel is going to take a huge hit the next few months.

I work for an US company (in Europe) and Italy it is now in the "avoid all but essential travel" (like HKG, South Korea, Singapore, etc.). Only China is in the "worst" category (do not travel).

The Coronavirus impact in intra-European travel in the short term will be huge.

Many events are being cancelled. For instance the Mobile World Congress in BCN (which was due this week) or the Furniture Fair in Milan.

Companies are avoiding business trips (and cancelling them) and people are avoiding leisure / city-breaks to anywhere in Europe (not only Italy). Even if you don't panic because of the COVID19, there is a risk that you can get stuck/quarantined anywhere. Like those hundreds of tourists in the hotel in Tenerife because there was an Italian who tested positive; so now they must be there for 2 weeks doing nothing (and missing work, school, etc.). Most people don't want to take the risk that a 1-day business trip in Frankfurt or a weekend city-break in Barcelona turns into a quarantine.

konrad

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:45 pm

United787 wrote:
Suspending US-Italy flights would be a good idea right now also even though most US-Italy flights are seasonal and aren't operating anyways, right? How many year round US-Italy flights are there?

You do realize that the majority of the US-Italy traffic is one-stop connecting somewhere, e.g. FRA, MUC, ZRH, CDG, AMS or LHR?

peterinlisbon

Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:46 pm

It's getting to the point that going anywhere is a risk. I wouldn't book a cruise or a holiday anywhere right now. You could go somewhere you think is "safe" and then end up getting locked up and not allowed out of the area or stuck in quarantine for two weeks after you get back. And then of course there's the risk that you could catch the virus. I would feel nervous about flying through Dubai or some other middle eastern city right now. Who knows where the person sitting next to you has been.

zakuivcustom

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:04 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
For instance the Mobile World Congress in BCN (which was due this week)

This was due to many exhibitors, especially those from China, dropping out, though.

tphuang wrote:
I do wonder about this. If the service is suspended for 2 months. Who is going to actually book flights for May to ICN? Even if you believe the situation isn't getting any worse, could you trust the airline to not extend the service suspension?

As I said earlier, connecting traffic through ICN is also affected as so many ICN-East/SE Asia flights are being suspended/cut in frequency right now. Would anyone take a chance of purchasing a ticket that connect in ICN only to have their itinerary delayed, or changed to a long layover at ICN?

Sooner787 wrote:
Interesting AA 281 from, DFW - ICN departed on time today.

As big a stink as AA's flight & cabin crews raised about working the PEK, PVG & HKG flights,
which were finally suspended, I haven't heard anything on local news about suspending this ICN flight yet.

There's definitely some double standards right there.

At least for US3, though, the travel "ban" make the decision to suspend US-China flights a lot easier.

adambrau

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:04 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
adambrau wrote:
Of the top of my head:

EK daily to MXP JFK.

By boat to France.

I was more responding to United787's question about flights between USA-Italy.

So far the EU is keeping borders open within the zone. If you wanted to leave Italy I would imagine it is pretty easy even with borders shut down, certainly more than China. I work at JFK and flights are still coming into our terminal daily (MU) from SHA and CA 3x per week (from PEK)

Cutting all air travel USA to Europe seems, today, unrealistic.

Tomorrow who knows?
JFK Friendly

enilria

Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:18 pm

tphuang wrote:
jayunited wrote:

+1

UA just said near term demand to Asian dropped 75%. And I'm assuming near term demand to continental Europe, especially Italy is going to take a huge tumble also. I'd be shocked if US-Japan flights don't get reduced.

And I'm shocked KE hasn't started cutting back on US-ICN flights yet. Who is going to want to fly an airline that just had one of its FAs tested positive for Coronavirus?

enilria wrote:

It seems to me that when airlines do resume service, they are going to have several months of really horrible yields to some of these markets. The peak summer season is 3 and half month away. People normally book their international travel earlier than domestic ones. That doesn't leave much time for situation to turn around. I would expect this to be a really lousy summer of TPAC and TATL travel.

Those wide-bodies being redeployed to Europe are going to see some pretty low yields.

The question is only how many trips are going to be disrupted, although from all indications warm weather does a lot of damage to these viruses' ability to stay alive. It looks like most of the outbreaks are in places with temperatures around 9C. Iran, Milan, Wuhan are all ~9C.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos