Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

720B
Topic Author

Delta Air Lines Introduces Delta One on Atlanta-Bogota Route

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:38 pm

Delta One will replace First Class beginning Feb. 4 on the flight departing Atlanta and on Feb. 5 on the flight departing Bogota. Delta currently operates daily service between Atlanta and Bogota using a 767-300ER aircraft during part of the year, and will now fly the route using this widebody aircraft year-round.

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlin ... route.html

Nicoeddf

Re: Delta Air Lines Introduces Delta One on Atlanta-Bogota Route

Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:49 pm

Wow, that's exciting. Thanks for sharing
Enslave yourself to the divine disguised as salvation
that your bought with your sacrifice
Deception justified for your holy design
High on our platform spewing out your crimes
from the altar of god

jfk777

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:42 pm

Seems like overkill for a 4 hour flight, if Delta is getting lots of international connections from BOG than that is the answer. BOG has a decent European schedule from AV and European airlines.

afcjets

Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:57 pm

jfk777 wrote:
Seems like overkill for a 4 hour flight, if Delta is getting lots of international connections from BOG than that is the answer. BOG has a decent European schedule from AV and European airlines.

All 763s have Delta One.

Cubsrule

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:05 pm

jfk777 wrote:

I expect it has more to do with having some spare 763 time that lines up with when this flight operates than anything with BOG specifically.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

TYWoolman

Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:18 pm

I think we will see more of this as Atlanta becomes more relevant for South American travel with the LATAM deal.

jetlanta

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:05 am

TYWoolman wrote:
I think we will see more of this as Atlanta becomes more relevant for South American travel with the LATAM deal.

Yep...this is a concrete result of the LATAM partnership.

questions

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:20 am

720B wrote:
Delta One will replace First Class beginning Feb. 4 on the flight departing Atlanta and on Feb. 5 on the flight departing Bogota. Delta currently operates daily service between Atlanta and Bogota using a 767-300ER aircraft during part of the year, and will now fly the route using this widebody aircraft year-round.

What aircraft does DL use during the non-767-300ER part of the year?

questions

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:24 am

jetlanta wrote:
TYWoolman wrote:

ATL + MIA to Latin America will start to take off as the DL/LA JV engages in growth.

777Mech

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:39 am

questions wrote:
720B wrote:

What aircraft does DL use during the non-767-300ER part of the year?

They did use the 199 seat 757, now it's a 76W year round.

Antarius

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:47 am

jetlanta wrote:
TYWoolman wrote:

I agree that overall we will see more, but I do not agree that this is an example of it. LATAM is pretty irrelevant at BOG.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

AaronPGH

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:44 am

I wish UA would get their shit together on their BOG routes like this. Sigh.

jetlanta

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:35 am

Antarius wrote:
jetlanta wrote:
TYWoolman wrote:

I agree that overall we will see more, but I do not agree that this is an example of it. LATAM is pretty irrelevant at BOG.

That’s not true at all. LATAM has a significant and growing presence at BOG.

sargester

Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:52 am

There goes deltas not great margins already on this route out the winder, sigh... just shove them on an A321 and tow up a 319 for an extra flight...

EarlyLateORD

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:09 am

Cut Roses will likely fill up much of that 763 belly...With Bogota, its all about cargo!

Adam

MIflyer12

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:13 am

sargester wrote:
There goes deltas not great margins already on this route out the winder, sigh... just shove them on an A321 and tow up a 319 for an extra flight...

That's the AA way - 3x A319 BOG-MIA tomorrow. Remind us, though, which among AA and DL has the better margins and TRASM?

wrldtvlr

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:26 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
sargester wrote:

That's the AA way - 3x A319 BOG-MIA tomorrow. Remind us, though, which among AA and DL has the better margins and TRASM?

Not to mention, superior product and overall customer experience.

TYWoolman

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:30 am

Antarius wrote:
jetlanta wrote:
TYWoolman wrote:

Perhaps, but the partnership itself should result in increased demand for connections through Atlanta from all points just by the very nature of LATAM's overall channel of sales and marketing relevance, prompting Delta to up its game on this and other routes. In addition, LATAM's relative weakness in Bogota is all the more reason for Delta to do this.

LAX772LR

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:37 am

EarlyLateORD wrote:
Cut Roses will likely fill up much of that 763 belly...With Bogota, its all about cargo!

While I don't know if it's still the same now, a while back, DL did huge business carrying enormous amounts of asparagus from Peru to the U.S. again. They even put 777s on the route back then.
Last edited by LAX772LR on Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

Okcflyer

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:38 am

EarlyLateORD wrote:

Adam

Ding Ding ... we have a winner. BOG if one of the few airports in the world with consistent high value cargo demand. The extra cargo revenue (probably got a contract) will easily pay for the margin cost difference and then some profit on top.

Additionally, BOG is rather premium heavy from USA. UA operates a 757 with lie flats on their red eye. So the Delta One product helps them compete and can be monetized even for a relatively short route.

CURQ400

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:02 am

jetlanta wrote:
Antarius wrote:
jetlanta wrote:

You might want to check that again. LATAM only flies to LIM, SCL and GRU, outside of a handful of domestic destinations. They even dropped MIA.

Presence? Yes.
Significant? Nah.

RCS763AV

Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:53 am

CURQ400 wrote:
jetlanta wrote:
Antarius wrote:

You might want to check that again. LATAM only flies to LIM, SCL and GRU, outside of a handful of domestic destinations. They even dropped MIA.

Presence? Yes.
Significant? Nah.

LATAM is still the second largest domestic carrier in Colombia, with a market share close to 25%. Although I agree they have nothing close to a hub like they do in GRU or LIM or a dominant operation like they do in SCL, BOG is still a significant base, I would dare say a little bit less relevant than EZE/AEP and more than UIO in the LATAM system. My opinion comes from LATAM's published revenue numbers.

As said by other posters above, this comes in part because DL will able to increase sales through LATAM sales channels as a result of the partnership and is increasing service to key destinations before the implementation. However, it also comes from an overall increase in demand from BOG as the Colombian economy has kept growing, consistently outpacing the region. After 20 years of a daily 757 on BOG-ATL DL is finally upgauging and brought BOG-JFK back just last year.

Kudos to DL! I had the pleasure of flying with them on the SFO-ATL-BOG route in May, and I must say the product was impeccable on both the 753 and the 752 I got for each leg.

Should we expect service increases on ATL-CTG or the return of ATL-MDE in the coming future?

onwFan

Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:19 pm

My guess is that LATAM will do most of the heavylifting from SCL, LIM and GRU. And leave DL to take care of most of the international flying from BOG, UIO/GYE and EZE. ATL-GYE and JFK-EZE should be launching soon on DL as well? Also, we can watch out for when one day suddenly the AR-DL partnership dies and AR becomes yet another zombie in SkyTeam till their contract ends...

evanb

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:42 pm

Okcflyer wrote:
EarlyLateORD wrote:

Ding Ding ... we have a winner. BOG if one of the few airports in the world with consistent high value cargo demand. The extra cargo revenue (probably got a contract) will easily pay for the margin cost difference and then some profit on top.

And if that is the case, then the B76W makes perfect sense. At >8,000ft AMSL, I suspect that narrowbodies would struggle to lift cargo on a 5 hour sector from BOG.

tphuang

Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:58 pm

Yes, the mystical cargo revenue I keep reading about that's going to make every flight profitable. If that was the case, why has it taken DL this long to switch to a 767 here? If that's the case, why is AV struggling despite running mostly widebodies to BOG.

Oh and the kicker is how BOG has a lot of premium demand. Is that why I keep seeing AV lie flat as always cheapest option to South America and Europe?

DylanHarvey

Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:15 pm

tphuang wrote:
Yes, the mystical cargo revenue I keep reading about that's going to make every flight profitable. If that was the case, why has it taken DL this long to switch to a 767 here? If that's the case, why is AV struggling despite running mostly widebodies to BOG.

Oh and the kicker is how BOG has a lot of premium demand. Is that why I keep seeing AV lie flat as always cheapest option to South America and Europe?

It’s not mystical by any stretch, you’re looking at the percentages, look at the revenue in dollars, heavy cargo isn’t the reason a flight is flown, but it can be the break even. Tell this to airlines that carry 25t of cargo.

RCS763AV

Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:38 pm

tphuang wrote:

Cargo can make a flight break even more easily. Hence why DL has used the 777 and 764 to LIM for years. They have a sweet contract to carry asparagus which allowed them to operate very large widebodies profitably.

Also, no one has said BOG has a lot of premium demand. BOG has come to have premium demand, which was scarce until the end of the 2000s. It's never going to be to London or Tokyo or even Sao Paulo, but it is a growing market and airlines have gradually increased their premium offer.

Where is AV lie-flat the cheapest option from South America to Europe? Please let me know! I haven't flown AV to Europe for years because they consistently charge much higher fares ex-Colombia than IB, UX or KL. Only LH is equally as expensive and AF charge whatever they want because of their monopoly on BOG-CDG, which has resulted in a load factor of 90%+ which has been consistent for the past 10 years. Fortunatley, AV might be launching the route soon and that might lower the prices for those who wich to fly non-stop to Paris.

Now, of course if you try to buy AV going XXX-BOG-Europe, it's going to be cheaper than the non-stop options. Same happens when I try to buy AF BOG-CDG-MAD.

questions

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Is the Delta One service altered on this route? If so, how?

tphuang

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:25 pm

RCS763AV wrote:
tphuang wrote:

Cargo can make a flight break even more easily. Hence why DL has used the 777 and 764 to LIM for years. They have a sweet contract to carry asparagus which allowed them to operate very large widebodies profitably.

Also, no one has said BOG has a lot of premium demand. BOG has come to have premium demand, which was scarce until the end of the 2000s. It's never going to be to London or Tokyo or even Sao Paulo, but it is a growing market and airlines have gradually increased their premium offer.

Where is AV lie-flat the cheapest option from South America to Europe? Please let me know! I haven't flown AV to Europe for years because they consistently charge much higher fares ex-Colombia than IB, UX or KL. Only LH is equally as expensive and AF charge whatever they want because of their monopoly on BOG-CDG, which has resulted in a load factor of 90%+ which has been consistent for the past 10 years. Fortunatley, AV might be launching the route soon and that might lower the prices for those who wich to fly non-stop to Paris.

Now, of course if you try to buy AV going XXX-BOG-Europe, it's going to be cheaper than the non-stop options. Same happens when I try to buy AF BOG-CDG-MAD.

From another poster
Additionally, BOG is rather premium heavy from USA. UA operates a 757 with lie flats on their red eye. So the Delta One product helps them compete and can be monetized even for a relatively short route.

Please do read other people's posts before saying "not one has said BOG has a lot of premium demand".

I said AV always cheapest option to South America and Europe. Please actually read carefully before replying. go search up NYC to EZE/GRU/GIG or NYC to MAD/BCN a couple of month ahead and see where AV is pricing these things at.

Sure, it totally makes sense that JFK-BOG-MAD should be cheaper than JFK-LHR-MAD.

JFK-BOG N/S on AV A330 is pricing under $1200 in J. Sure, there is a lot of premium demand.

As for Cargo, if it was such an important factor, 767 should've been on this route a lot earlier than now.

N649DL

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:38 pm

Not entirely surprising. Wasn't ATL-LIM upgraded to Delta One using a 764 or A330 mainly for cargo over the last few years?

777Mech

Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:53 pm

tphuang wrote:

DL made over $752 million in cargo revenue last year. That's significant.

And an FYI, the previous aircraft on this route, the 757, can carry cargo as well and it was consistently bulked out with perishables, which commands a premium. BOG, LIM and SCL are some of the most profitable cargo stations in the system.

tphuang

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:01 pm

777Mech wrote:
tphuang wrote:

DL made over $752 million in cargo revenue last year. That's significant.

And an FYI, the previous aircraft on this route, the 757, can carry cargo as well and it was consistently bulked out with perishables, which commands a premium. BOG, LIM and SCL are some of the most profitable cargo stations in the system.

That all sounds good until you divide that by DL's total revenue. I'm sure cargo helps these routes, but in the end, aircraft deployment decisions have to be justified by passenger yield.

FSDan

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:18 pm

tphuang wrote:
Yes, the mystical cargo revenue I keep reading about that's going to make every flight profitable. If that was the case, why has it taken DL this long to switch to a 767 here?

Perhaps without the LATAM partnership DL felt the extra 27 seats would have diluted fares, but now they expect a slight bump in demand due to increased South America point of sale?

Also (and perhaps more significantly than the above), DL's widebody fleet has been stretched very thin the last few years. This year there's finally a little wiggle room in the 763 fleet as the 339s and a few additional 359s are arriving, with only a few 763 retirements having happened in the last year. DL apparently feels BOG is the next in line for an upgauge, and that the 763 is better allocated to this route than to an additional TATL flight.

Airlines optimize aircraft allocation all the time, but that doesn't necessarily mean it should have happened long ago. At some point multiple factors combine to tip the scale on certain routes.
This is my signature until I think of a better one.

usdcaguy

Wed Jan 29, 2020 7:32 pm

You have to wonder if D1 will allow DL to raise fares to BOG, since, after all, passengers will now be getting the full business class treatment. It used to be they charged more for transcontinental flights in D1 than domestic first, so you have to wonder if introducing D1 is also a revenue opportunity for them.

EarlyLateORD

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:13 pm

To add to my original comment regarding cargo. Because Ecuador doesn't have a free trade agreement with the US (and Colombia does) a large percentage of Ecuador's export cargo goes to BOG/MDE first.

Judge1310

Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:45 pm

AaronPGH wrote:

So three daily flights to two hubs (2X IAH, 1X EWR) isn't enough for you? Okay...

777Mech

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:10 pm

EarlyLateORD wrote:
To add to my original comment regarding cargo. Because Ecuador doesn't have a free trade agreement with the US (and Colombia does) a large percentage of Ecuador's export cargo goes to BOG/MDE first.

Bingo.

AaronPGH

Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:15 pm

Judge1310 wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:

So three daily flights to two hubs (2X IAH, 1X EWR) isn't enough for you? Okay...

On an old domestic 737-7? No. Leaves a bit to be desired.

JAMBOJET

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:00 am

What exactly is Delta doing here?
There's no frequency advantage to be had from doing this. They'll still be at a frequency disadvantage to AA via Miami/dfw and UA/AV via JFK/EWR or IAH. They're still only once daily from JFK, once daily from ATL with a flat-bed product specifically being flown during the day both ways.

It's a widebody in the middle of the summer that could be flying to pretty much ANYWHERE in Europe making more money from any of their hubs. And they're landing this 763 in BOG at 6pm, leaving it overnight, and not back to ATL until 3pm (9am takeoff) the next day? A lie-flat widebody is gone an entire day for ~10 hours max of flying? They could literally fly this route twice easily with decent times (including an overnight one way) with this exact plane taking off about an hour or two earlier from ATL.
And all to fly to a city that even LATAM has given up on for North America?
This isn't a critique of Delta, it just seems really weird to leave a lie-flat widebody in Bogota for 15 hours overnight when you have a network like Delta's network. I just don't think this has anything to do with building LATAM or even cargo, but rather just an open plane that didn't have a better use this late in the game.

777Mech

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:49 am

JAMBOJET wrote:
There's no frequency advantage to be had from doing this. They'll still be at a frequency disadvantage to AA via Miami/dfw and UA/AV via JFK/EWR or IAH. They're still only once daily from JFK, once daily from ATL with a flat-bed product specifically being flown during the day both ways.

It's a widebody in the middle of the summer that could be flying to pretty much ANYWHERE in Europe making more money from any of their hubs. And they're landing this 763 in BOG at 6pm, leaving it overnight, and not back to ATL until 3pm (9am takeoff) the next day? A lie-flat widebody is gone an entire day for ~10 hours max of flying? They could literally fly this route twice easily with decent times (including an overnight one way) with this exact plane taking off about an hour or two earlier from ATL.
This isn't a critique of Delta, it just seems really weird to leave a lie-flat widebody in Bogota for 15 hours overnight when you have a network like Delta's network. I just don't think this has anything to do with building LATAM or even cargo, but rather just an open plane that didn't have a better use this late in the game.

You must be up in arms over how airlines schedule their South American trips. Check out the ground time in GIG, GRU, SCL,LIM etc and let us know.

You're comparing DL to AA, but how's it working out for AA? DL isn't the most profitable airline in the world for nothing. They've done their homework on this route and many others.

JAMBOJET

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:51 am

777Mech wrote:
JAMBOJET wrote:

You must be up in arms over how airlines schedule their South American trips. Check out the ground time in GIG, GRU, SCL,LIM etc and let us know.

You're comparing DL to AA, but how's it working out for AA? DL isn't the most profitable airline in the world for nothing. They've done their homework on this route and many others.

It’s not a critique. It’s a curiosity.
I was comparing delta to every other carrier flying to Bogota from North America, not AA.
Those planes you’re talking about fly overnight back and forth from GRU. This one is sitting in Bogota overnight and the beds are being used/flown in the middle of the day. The exact opposite of your analogy with the other cities.

I do love the new fan defense: “every bit of Delta’s current profitability has to do with this ONE decision being discussed in this thread. Let’s end discussion because of that”
Last edited by JAMBOJET on Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALTF4

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:56 am

afcjets wrote:
jfk777 wrote:

All 763s have Delta One.

Delta One isn't just the seating, it's the service. I'm sure they ran lie-flat seating on the 767-300ER (as all have lie-flat I believe), but now they are just upping the cabin service to the Delta One standard.

As much as I appreciate Delta, it does seem sort of funny. Meal service alone can take two hours. Leaves hardly any time for a snooze.
The above post is my opinion. Don't like it? Don't read it.

720B
Topic Author

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:11 am

hkcanadaexpat

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:45 am

JAMBOJET wrote:
777Mech wrote:
JAMBOJET wrote:

I was comparing delta to every other carrier flying to Bogota from North America, not AA.
Those planes you’re talking about fly overnight back and forth from GRU. This one is sitting in Bogota overnight and the beds are being used/flown in the middle of the day. The exact opposite of your analogy with the other cities.

I do love the new fan defense: “every bit of Delta’s current profitability has to do with this ONE decision being discussed in this thread. Let’s end discussion because of that”

Why don't you look at it in another way. ATL-BOG on the 763 for S20 was added in the system just a few days ago.
The S20 schedule has generally been out for many months now with any new/expanded TPAC and TATL routes announced at that time.
DL has been having issues with the delivery of new widebodies due to supplier issues.
Due to those issues, DL was holding back a bit more slack than usual in its widebody allocation for S20 compared to previous summers in case the scheduled deliveries didn't happen.
As we get closer to S20, DL is getting a better idea on timing of new widebody deliveries and as such can start allocating some of that extra slack to routes.
It's too late to start/add new TATL/TPAC routes for S20, so DL allocates it to where it makes most sense.
BOG seemed to fit all dimensions at play (ie. widebody type available, hub available, times of day available for rotation, route needs, cargo, etc...)

You're rationale of whether or not this frame would be better used on a TATL turn sure has legs but the timing isn't such.
This frame was not "available" for allocation at the time DL put the pin in its S20 TATL schedule.
This frame became "available" recently and now its a question of where to use it to its best benefit given the factors presented to it.
If it made more sense to upgrade a 75W TATL route, they would have done it.
If it made more sense to put it on a JFK-SFO rotation, they would have done it.
They did the math, and BOG was the answer.

Mightyflyer86

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:46 am

AaronPGH wrote:
Judge1310 wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:

If you are willing to pay a premium to fly on a fancy lie flat seat on a 4 hr flight then good for you. The majority of the people who fly is price sensitive so I don’t think they care whether they are flying a “fancy” 767-300ER or an old 737-700.

JAMBOJET

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:49 am

hkcanadaexpat wrote:
JAMBOJET wrote:
777Mech wrote:

Why don't you look at it in another way. ATL-BOG on the 763 for S20 was added in the system just a few days ago.
The S20 schedule has generally been out for many months now with any new/expanded TPAC and TATL routes announced at that time.
DL has been having issues with the delivery of new widebodies due to supplier issues.
Due to those issues, DL was holding back a bit more slack than usual in its widebody allocation for S20 compared to previous summers in case the scheduled deliveries didn't happen.
As we get closer to S20, DL is getting a better idea on timing of new widebody deliveries and as such can start allocating some of that extra slack to routes.
It's too late to start/add new TATL/TPAC routes for S20, so DL allocates it to where it makes most sense.
BOG seemed to fit all dimensions at play (ie. widebody type available, hub available, times of day available for rotation, route needs, cargo, etc...)

You're rationale of whether or not this frame would be better used on a TATL turn sure has legs but the timing isn't such.
This frame was not "available" for allocation at the time DL put the pin in its S20 TATL schedule.
This frame became "available" recently and now its a question of where to use it to its best benefit given the factors presented to it.
If it made more sense to upgrade a 75W TATL route, they would have done it.
If it made more sense to put it on a JFK-SFO rotation, they would have done it.
They did the math, and BOG was the answer.

Great thoughts and thanks for the response. Gets at what my curiosity was.

phxtristar

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:52 am

Could this upgage be part of the Latam Alliance?

jfk777

Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:57 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
sargester wrote:

Its 3 hours from BOG to MIA, flat seats in Business Class are not important, frequency is king. This is not a route to brag about how great Delta's A350 is. AV uses A320 for most if not all their Miami to Colombia flights. Delta ONE is not a big deal on short haul.

AaronPGH

Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:13 am

Mightyflyer86 wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:
Judge1310 wrote:

If you are willing to pay a premium to fly on a fancy lie flat seat on a 4 hr flight then good for you. The majority of the people who fly is price sensitive so I don’t think they care whether they are flying a “fancy” 767-300ER or an old 737-700.

EWR-BOG is a 6-hour flight. This is the route I am talking about. It should have a better aircraft on it than a 737-700 with no AVOD.

JAMBOJET

Thu Jan 30, 2020 2:24 am

AaronPGH wrote:
Mightyflyer86 wrote:
AaronPGH wrote:

EWR-BOG is a 6-hour flight. This is the route I am talking about. It should have a better aircraft on it than a 737-700 with no AVOD.

AA flies BOG-DFW on an A319 overnight. UA flies IAH-BOG on a 73G overnight.
I agree that this is a nightmare of an overnight flight.

#nothanks

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos