User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 9906
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 1:05 pm

Welcome to the Indian Aviation Thread for January 2020. Please continue to post your updates and to add your comments here.

Link to previous thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437969
Forum Moderator
 
avier
Posts: 956
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:26 pm

edealinfo wrote:
While it is laudable that the Government wants to help, the decision to evacuate for this situation is a terrible mistake in my opinion. They will bring potentially infected persons into an overpopulated country. As isevident in China, once the cat is out of the bag, it is difficult to contain the spread.

Yeah, but most countries are doing this to evacuate their citizens stuck in Wuhan. And if AI (i.e govt.) didn't do this, then people (like you again) would complain over the neglect and callous attitude of the govt. So either ways there's going to be criticism, by people like you. ;)
 
TEMPO
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:47 pm

avier wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
While it is laudable that the Government wants to help, the decision to evacuate for this situation is a terrible mistake in my opinion. They will bring potentially infected persons into an overpopulated country. As isevident in China, once the cat is out of the bag, it is difficult to contain the spread.

Yeah, but most countries are doing this to evacuate their citizens stuck in Wuhan. And if AI (i.e govt.) didn't do this, then people (like you again) would complain over the neglect and callous attitude of the govt. So either ways there's going to be criticism, by people like you. ;)


The Government of India appears to be doing what every other country is doing when they repatriate citizens from China. Quarantine.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/300 ... 11210.html
 
unnayan
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 3:32 pm

Yes France is sending HiFly A380 to rescue... appreciate the AI staff....
 
RainerBoeing777
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:44 pm

We already arrived in February and no Indian airline announces its flights to Haneda, the government of Japan is not because I grant slots to India if they are not going to use them, and they can check the thread of the slots of Haneda,that international airline services should start on March 29 a slot in HND is even more valuable than one in LHR, so you can waste it like this
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:08 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
We already arrived in February and no Indian airline announces its flights to Haneda, the government of Japan is not because I grant slots to India if they are not going to use them, and they can check the thread of the slots of Haneda,that international airline services should start on March 29 a slot in HND is even more valuable than one in LHR, so you can waste it like this


Vistara has already announced that they intend to start New Delhi to Tokyo, though they haven’t yet announced whether it is Haneda or Narita. If there is a deadline to start by March 29, they will likely announce by Feb 28 as they usually start routes Only with 1 month Advance notice. Even if they don’t start in time, the INdian PM will talk to the Japanese PM and the 2 buddies will ensure India gets an extension. So don’t fret; remember everything gets done in INdian “standard time” which means anytime it wants.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:39 pm

The problem with ​Vistara’s plan to go for all-economy class planes

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/the-p ... 049711.htm
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Deleted
Last edited by anshabhi on Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:58 pm

Union Budget 2020: FM Nirmala Sitharaman did extremely good job considering the situation, says SpiceJet Chairman

https://www.deccanherald.com/business/b ... 00548.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport pax down 2% in 2019

I guess the air pollution is taking a toll.

https://centreforaviation.com/news/delh ... 019-972626
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 pm

https://www.bangaloreaviation.com/2020/ ... lysis.html

Indigo Q3FY20 results analysis

By the numbers:
Revenues: INR 10,332 crores (up by 25.5%)
Costs: INR 9773 crores (up by 21.5%)
Capacity: 25.8 billion ASKs (up by 19%)
EBITDAR: 19.7%
RASK: INR 3.91 (up by 5.7%)
CASK: INR 3.69 (up by 2.1%)
Load factor: 87.6% (down by 2.3 percentage points)
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:12 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Vistara has already announced that they intend to start New Delhi to Tokyo, though they haven’t yet announced whether it is Haneda or Narita. If there is a deadline to start by March 29, they will likely announce by Feb 28 as they usually start routes Only with 1 month Advance notice. Even if they don’t start in time, the INdian PM will talk to the Japanese PM and the 2 buddies will ensure India gets an extension. So don’t fret; remember everything gets done in INdian “standard time” which means anytime it wants.


This article indicates that Vistara gave JAL code-shares on a whopping 32 flights on its flights. I wonder how many Vistara will get, in exchange, from JAL for Vistara's flights from Tokyo to North America. The fact that Vistara hasn't yet announced its Tokyo flight could mean it is struggling on this front.
https://blueswandaily.com/japan-airline ... codeshare/
 
142857
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:13 am

The second (and last) Air-India evacuation-flight (operated by Boeing 747 VT-EVB) from Wuhan to Delhi landing in 40 minutes
 
User avatar
AirIndia
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2001 2:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:30 am

142857 wrote:
The second (and last) Air-India evacuation-flight (operated by Boeing 747 VT-EVB) from Wuhan to Delhi landing in 40 minutes

Were these evac flight aircraft reconfigured into all economy?
 
142857
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:57 am

AirIndia wrote:
142857 wrote:
The second (and last) Air-India evacuation-flight (operated by Boeing 747 VT-EVB) from Wuhan to Delhi landing in 40 minutes

Were these evac flight aircraft reconfigured into all economy?



I don't think so.
Takes lots of time, efforts, money, resources

Also, I think these aircraft required for BOM-HYD-JED-COK commercial rotations as soon as possible, after fumigation/sterilization ??
 
anshabhi
Posts: 2182
Joined: Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:40 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:50 am

edealinfo wrote:
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport pax down 2% in 2019

I guess the air pollution is taking a toll.

https://centreforaviation.com/news/delh ... 019-972626


Surprising indeed.

Good as a passenger though. So, the crowd at Delhi will not increase beyond what it already is
 
Adipocere
Posts: 295
Joined: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:35 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:02 am

edealinfo wrote:
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport pax down 2% in 2019

I guess the air pollution is taking a toll.

https://centreforaviation.com/news/delh ... 019-972626


I wonder if there is any way of figuring out if this 2% just moved to other airports in India or did truly drop down?
 
pune
Posts: 165
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:54 am

edealinfo wrote:
Union Budget 2020: FM Nirmala Sitharaman did extremely good job considering the situation, says SpiceJet Chairman

https://www.deccanherald.com/business/b ... 00548.html


I don't really know. The only thing she said that there will be 100 airports in India by 2024 . There are number of airports in India but either non-operationalized for years or decades or underutilized (for e.g. the one in Pune) which we are forced to share with the Indian Airforce. What we need to keep eye on is Hardeep Singh Puri, the newish Civil Aviation Minister. One thing they have mentioned is the Air India disinvestment, whether they would be able to get a buyer is a different thing altogether. Growth in Aviation will only happen with Growth in economy in general and right now there doesn't seem to be any evidence for stabilization, forget growth. While the next 6-8 months seem bleak, let's see what the second half of the year brings for us.
 
sand26391
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:56 am

IndiGo opens booking on daily flight connecting BLR and JED wef 29/03/2020

6E1844 BLR 1920 2250 JED
6E1845 JED 1620 0050+1 BLR
 
User avatar
CPS001
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:16 pm

Adipocere wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Delhi Indira Gandhi International Airport pax down 2% in 2019

I guess the air pollution is taking a toll.

https://centreforaviation.com/news/delh ... 019-972626


I wonder if there is any way of figuring out if this 2% just moved to other airports in India or did truly drop down?
Jet Airways stopping ops was a big factor.
 
bostrv
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:48 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:05 pm

sand26391 wrote:
IndiGo opens booking on daily flight connecting BLR and JED wef 29/03/2020

6E1844 BLR 1920 2250 JED
6E1845 JED 1620 0050+1 BLR


Any idea why among the Kerala airports, TRV has few flights to KSA? Is the origin of passengers that skewed?
Not asking rhetorically - to KUL for example, multiple attempts by AirAsia and Malindo have failed, where both COK and TRZ seems to have no issues filling planes. Is there something similar for KSA?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:27 pm

bostrv wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
IndiGo opens booking on daily flight connecting BLR and JED wef 29/03/2020

6E1844 BLR 1920 2250 JED
6E1845 JED 1620 0050+1 BLR


Any idea why among the Kerala airports, TRV has few flights to KSA? Is the origin of passengers that skewed?
Not asking rhetorically - to KUL for example, multiple attempts by AirAsia and Malindo have failed, where both COK and TRZ seems to have no issues filling planes. Is there something similar for KSA?


No one can spell or pronounce the place associated with TRV.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:12 am

https://www.aerospace-technology.com/ne ... eroplanes/

Vistara unable to get rid of its remaining seven 737 aircraft until 2022 and 2023. How could their contracts people not have visualized using their incoming new A320 to replace the 737 when signing the contract? I mean they had the expertise of Singapore Air who could have advised them on how to ring fence their contracts. Vistara has been losing the ball, a lot, recently including NOT announcing their medium haul routes which would have aided forward sales.
 
JOYA380B747
Posts: 784
Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2005 11:31 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:27 am

AirIndia wrote:
Were these evac flight aircraft reconfigured into all economy?


Before asking these questions I hope you realise how absurd it sounds to spend several millions of dollars in reconfiguring aircraft seating arrangement, that too for one or two evac flights. The absurdity is next level especially with the aircraft in question - a 747 that is almost three decades and probably going to be retired in a few years time.
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.
 
User avatar
AirIndia
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2001 2:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:19 am

JOYA380B747 wrote:
AirIndia wrote:
Were these evac flight aircraft reconfigured into all economy?


Before asking these questions I hope you realise how absurd it sounds to spend several millions of dollars in reconfiguring aircraft seating arrangement, that too for one or two evac flights. The absurdity is next level especially with the aircraft in question - a 747 that is almost three decades and probably going to be retired in a few years time.


Thanks for the encouraging answer, will keep that in mind.
 
airboss787
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:51 am

Just passed through NAG on the way to PNQ a couple of days ago on G8. After bearding began, there was a secondary screening of my bag and check of me using the metal detector. Everyone had to go through this just prior to entering the jet bridge. It was like the security check on the way to the US. Anyone know what it was all about?
Star Alliance Gold
 
unnayan
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:59 am

airboss787 wrote:
Just passed through NAG on the way to PNQ a couple of days ago on G8. After bearding began, there was a secondary screening of my bag and check of me using the metal detector. Everyone had to go through this just prior to entering the jet bridge. It was like the security check on the way to the US. Anyone know what it was all about?


You must have flown around Republic Day... standard practice in India especially during such occasions....
 
User avatar
CPS001
Posts: 184
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 am

unnayan wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
Just passed through NAG on the way to PNQ a couple of days ago on G8. After bearding began, there was a secondary screening of my bag and check of me using the metal detector. Everyone had to go through this just prior to entering the jet bridge. It was like the security check on the way to the US. Anyone know what it was all about?


You must have flown around Republic Day... standard practice in India especially during such occasions....
For international flights, at least at MAA, they do this year round...usually select passengers at random from the queue and check their bags.
 
airboss787
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:39 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:18 am

unnayan wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
Just passed through NAG on the way to PNQ a couple of days ago on G8. After bearding began, there was a secondary screening of my bag and check of me using the metal detector. Everyone had to go through this just prior to entering the jet bridge. It was like the security check on the way to the US. Anyone know what it was all about?


You must have flown around Republic Day... standard practice in India especially during such occasions....


It was the night of the 29th. So I would think those special arrangements would be over by then.
Star Alliance Gold
 
User avatar
trinidadeG
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:04 am

edealinfo wrote:
https://www.aerospace-technology.com/news/airline-vistara-to-stop-using-boeing-737-aeroplanes/

Vistara unable to get rid of its remaining seven 737 aircraft until 2022 and 2023. How could their contracts people not have visualized using their incoming new A320 to replace the 737 when signing the contract? I mean they had the expertise of Singapore Air who could have advised them on how to ring fence their contracts. Vistara has been losing the ball, a lot, recently including NOT announcing their medium haul routes which would have aided forward sales.


The actual text in the linked article says nothing of UK's inability to 'get rid of' the 737s! The report merely quotes the airline stating that two planes had short leases while 7 had longer leases.

The ones that have left the fleet (L/N5112 and L/N 5184) were both newer frames, leased from BBAM, and therefore, its quite possible that UK was paying a higher rental for these planes than the other 737s (which are older, and leased from BOC/ALAFCO/GECAS)

Rather than "Vistara losing the ball", I think its a simple case of well-planned aircraft lease management on the part of the airline.
 
DIJKKIJK
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2003 11:03 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:39 am

edealinfo wrote:
bostrv wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
IndiGo opens booking on daily flight connecting BLR and JED wef 29/03/2020

6E1844 BLR 1920 2250 JED
6E1845 JED 1620 0050+1 BLR


Any idea why among the Kerala airports, TRV has few flights to KSA? Is the origin of passengers that skewed?
Not asking rhetorically - to KUL for example, multiple attempts by AirAsia and Malindo have failed, where both COK and TRZ seems to have no issues filling planes. Is there something similar for KSA?


No one can spell or pronounce the place associated with TRV.


Nonsense. Kozhikode can't be pronounced by most people outside Kerala, but that doesn't stop airlines from operating there.

The bulk of the international traffic in general and the gulf traffic in particular originates from the Kollam-Alapuzha-Kochi, and the Palakkad-Kozhikode areas of Kerala. TRV accounts for much less.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:58 pm

AirIndia wrote:

Thanks for the encouraging answer, will keep that in mind.


Hats off to you for accepting the advice with a learning perspective. Your positive attitude will take you far in life.
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:26 pm

Trying to book BOM-LON for December. Not seeing any of AI's new flights (only their usual 7am BOM-LHR). I know the extra 3X LHR flights are on temporary last min slots. But why don't the STN flights show up even for this summer? So AI just started 6X new flights from BOM for the 19/20 winter schedule? Seems very ad hoc. You would think they would schedule 6X BOM-STN and then sub in 3X LHR flights if they get the slots (and just rebook people from STN to LHR). Anyone know what is AI's LON plan for the rest of the year?
 
User avatar
Slash787
Posts: 950
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:51 pm

AirIndia wrote:
Were these evac flight aircraft reconfigured into all economy?


You should know it better as you are the airline.
 
VTORD
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 5:07 pm

I did not see this being posted here.
Vistara and United have announced reciprocal FF earnings effective Feb 01, 2020:
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... rtnership/
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:23 pm

VTORD wrote:
I did not see this being posted here.
Vistara and United have announced reciprocal FF earnings effective Feb 01, 2020:
https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... rtnership/


And Vistara flights already show up on UA.com for both paid and FF redemptions.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:06 am

Tata’s almost certain to acquire Air India
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 918208.cms
 
CaliguyNYC
Posts: 1164
Joined: Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:54 am

edealinfo wrote:
Tata’s almost certain to acquire Air India
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.timesofi ... 918208.cms


While I would love India to have two full service airlines, Tatas buying AI makes a ton of sense. The AI Express and Air Asia is a bit annoying. Tatas should just buy Tony out and move on.
 
VTORD
Posts: 635
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:09 am

Can we go easy with the hyperbole?
"almost certain to acquire Air India" isn't quite the same as "almost certain to bid for Air India"
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:30 am

Two Boeing wide-body planes for Modi, Kovind, Naidu to cost Rs 8,458 crore

Just these 2 planes are worth 1/3rd the "entire debt" of Air India when it is put up for sale

Jai Hind!

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/av ... 95385.html

By the way, the British Prime Minister, when travelling abroad, just takes a BA commercial flight. Why does the Indian PM need more?
 
COEWR787
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:43 am

edealinfo wrote:
Two Boeing wide-body planes for Modi, Kovind, Naidu to cost Rs 8,458 crore

Just these 2 planes are worth 1/3rd the "entire debt" of Air India when it is put up for sale

Jai Hind!

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/av ... 95385.html

By the way, the British Prime Minister, when travelling abroad, just takes a BA commercial flight. Why does the Indian PM need more?

Necessary trappings of promoting self to at least a Regional Power? ;) Anyway, it is probably good for AI customers as their flights will not get canceled at random times to provide aircraft for the whims of the political bosses.
 
COEWR787
Posts: 364
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:35 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:29 am

This just popped up on my FB timeline.

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... rtnership/

Vistara and United started reciprocal frequent flyer earning and redemptions effective February 1, 2020. They already have a bunch of codeshares which started sometime in 2019.
 
sand26391
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:50 am

CLOSURE OF RWY 09L/27R at BLR airport from 26th MARCH 2020 to 4th NOVEMBER 2020.
Due to runway rehabilitation works & upgrading the RWY from CAT I to CAT III.
Only RWY 09R/27L (New Southern Runway) shall be available for operations during above-mentioned period.
 
User avatar
AirIndia
Posts: 1265
Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2001 2:43 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:24 am

edealinfo wrote:
AirIndia wrote:

Thanks for the encouraging answer, will keep that in mind.


Hats off to you for accepting the advice with a learning perspective. Your positive attitude will take you far in life.


Thanks. Learning is a daily process. Forums like these are a common learning resource for everyone.
As a long time member of this forum, its sad to see how a dismissive attitude has crept among fellow geeks who i remember as enthusiastic young adults 10-15 years back.
 
hohd
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:21 pm

https://www.businesstoday.in/sectors/av ... l_cat=News

An article on predatory pricing amongst Indian low cost carriers with remarks from Aviation Minister Hardeep Singh. Especially Indigo and to some extent SpiceJet and Air Asia often sell tickets below cost (may be they are trying to lure Indian Railway passengers ?) but end up hurting the entire industry. It is not sustainable in the long term.
 
hohd
Posts: 809
Joined: Sat May 17, 2008 1:03 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:34 pm

COEWR787 wrote:
This just popped up on my FB timeline.

https://livefromalounge.boardingarea.co ... rtnership/

Vistara and United started reciprocal frequent flyer earning and redemptions effective February 1, 2020. They already have a bunch of codeshares which started sometime in 2019.


UA will do anything but code share with AI. This is the modus operandi of UA, being a member of Star Alliance means nothing to UA. Also the redemption on Club Vistara for UA business class is ridiculously high, I don't think anyone in Vistara will ever redeem (320,000 points one way on business class on USA-India flights ?),
 
blrBird
Posts: 477
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 6:39 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:20 pm

sand26391 wrote:
CLOSURE OF RWY 09L/27R at BLR airport from 26th MARCH 2020 to 4th NOVEMBER 2020.
Due to runway rehabilitation works & upgrading the RWY from CAT I to CAT III.
Only RWY 09R/27L (New Southern Runway) shall be available for operations during above-mentioned period.


Oh 7+ months out of service!!! Courtesy of AB & gang thirftful short sightedness in designing the original phase with lack of oversight from Indian side?
from star dust....
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2389
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:51 am

Vistara has fresh long shot chance at 3 slot pairs at LHR

https://simpleflying.com/norwegian-give ... -heathrow/
 
unnayan
Posts: 172
Joined: Sat Feb 02, 2013 10:57 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:00 am

edealinfo wrote:
Vistara has fresh long shot chance at 3 slot pairs at LHR

https://simpleflying.com/norwegian-give ... -heathrow/


I think this is the mystery AI 3 weekly slot for BOM-LHR recently announced!!! 3 weekly for a standalone airline will be disaster for Vistara...
 
sand26391
Posts: 596
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:07 am

blrBird wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
CLOSURE OF RWY 09L/27R at BLR airport from 26th MARCH 2020 to 4th NOVEMBER 2020.
Due to runway rehabilitation works & upgrading the RWY from CAT I to CAT III.
Only RWY 09R/27L (New Southern Runway) shall be available for operations during above-mentioned period.


Oh 7+ months out of service!!! Courtesy of AB & gang thirftful short sightedness in designing the original phase with lack of oversight from Indian side?


Yes! Should have been CAT III from the very beginning, Atleast this time i hope they finish the upgrade on time.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos