edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:39 pm

@TEMPO
I sometimes embellish to give some flavor to an otherwise dry forum or topic. As Caliguy called me out, Hyperbole is my middle name (and not Chinnaswamydodathimmappa)
 
SATexan
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:49 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:10 am

edealinfo wrote:
I see several persons support the environment of sanctions And all. O’bother. I assume they think their so called nationalistic and Dear Leader, leaders, will give them a utopia they crave. Well dream on then.

As a long time member I need to tell a newbie like yourself to knock it off at this point. Calling PM Modi as Moody is juvenile. Carry on your rant in Non Aviation if you'd like.
 
VTCIE
Posts: 410
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:10 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:20 pm

It is good to notice that, for once, the thread is not about discussing, for the nth time, Vistara’s Tokyo and London ambitions, or the next round of possible flights to airports whose ICAO codes begin with the letter K, since BLR has got what it wanted from AA and JAL. Since 9W collapsed and AI’s divestment was announced (that seems to take forever), these became the next topics for debating on end.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Delete
 
RainerBoeing777
Posts: 490
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:54 pm

SAA is selling a couple of slots at LHR, could Vistara buy them? and finally launch London Heathrow and Tokyo Haneda at once, and finally what have happened with their Boeing 787-9 ???
They also already announced their codeshares with United, it could also be an indication that they finally launched their Long-Haul flights
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG
 
sand26391
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:33 pm

Some scoop regarding the AA service to BLR

1) BLR airport reps travelled to DL/AA/AC/UA HQ in January 2020 to discuss non stop flights to BLR.
2) All the airlines were interested to fly to BLR, but issue was aircraft range.
3) Abt 700,000 O&D pax travel btw BLR & US;
~40% travel with EK, EY & QR.
4) 30% via EU, 30% via Asian hubs.
5) A minute % travel with AI to the US.
6) The airport is still in talks to connect to the US East Coast.
7) The airport is currently in talks with KOREAN Airlines for a non stop flight to Seoul (ICN) & Air China (Chengdu).
 
voxkel
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:39 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Some scoop regarding the AA service to BLR

1) BLR airport reps travelled to DL/AA/AC/UA HQ in January 2020 to discuss non stop flights to BLR.
2) All the airlines were interested to fly to BLR, but issue was aircraft range.
3) Abt 700,000 O&D pax travel btw BLR & US;
~40% travel with EK, EY & QR.
4) 30% via EU, 30% via Asian hubs.
5) A minute % travel with AI to the US.
6) The airport is still in talks to connect to the US East Coast.
7) The airport is currently in talks with KOREAN Airlines for a non stop flight to Seoul (ICN) & Air China (Chengdu).


So not many fly UA/AC/DL via DEL/BOM it seems. Doesn't UA have partnership with Vistara?
 
voxkel
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:17 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 5:44 pm

sand26391 wrote:
TOP 10 US-INDIA airport pairs

Image

For more:- https://www.anna.aero/2020/02/18/americ ... r-seattle/


Very surprised New Jersey is not on the list, must be a mistake?

Also I think BOM-EWR is slightly lower bc AI deployed 77L during the PK closure. The DEL flights used 77W but stopped in SHJ iirc.
 
sand26391
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:09 pm

voxkel wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Some scoop regarding the AA service to BLR

1) BLR airport reps travelled to DL/AA/AC/UA HQ in January 2020 to discuss non stop flights to BLR.
2) All the airlines were interested to fly to BLR, but issue was aircraft range.
3) Abt 700,000 O&D pax travel btw BLR & US;
~40% travel with EK, EY & QR.
4) 30% via EU, 30% via Asian hubs.
5) A minute % travel with AI to the US.
6) The airport is still in talks to connect to the US East Coast.
7) The airport is currently in talks with KOREAN Airlines for a non stop flight to Seoul (ICN) & Air China (Chengdu).


So not many fly UA/AC/DL via DEL/BOM it seems. Doesn't UA have partnership with Vistara?


The % is <5%
UA just started the codeshare with UK. Maybe 2 or 3 days ago AFAIK.
 
binayak
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:44 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Some scoop regarding the AA service to BLR

1) BLR airport reps travelled to DL/AA/AC/UA HQ in January 2020 to discuss non stop flights to BLR.
2) All the airlines were interested to fly to BLR, but issue was aircraft range.
3) Abt 700,000 O&D pax travel btw BLR & US;
~40% travel with EK, EY & QR.
4) 30% via EU, 30% via Asian hubs.
5) A minute % travel with AI to the US.
6) The airport is still in talks to connect to the US East Coast.
7) The airport is currently in talks with KOREAN Airlines for a non stop flight to Seoul (ICN) & Air China (Chengdu).


Regarding UA/DL they can at best try BLR from EWR/JFK respectively . With GS having its 3rd biggest office in B'luru , a flight to NY/NJ becomes more justifiable . Even more with tech companies increasing office space in Manhattan .
A UA 787-9 with the new polaris seats will be ideal for EWR - BLR .
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
sand26391
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:10 pm

Yes those are the best possibilities. Lets see if at all it happens or not.
 
sabby
Posts: 425
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:54 pm

NYC-BLR is a question of when not if. MS , GS, DB, CS, RBS, UBS, ANZ - pretty much all the big banks have large to huge presence in BLR. I know MS and GS pay J for all employees, possibly others too.
 
Malayil
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:04 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:14 pm

voxkel wrote:
sand26391 wrote:
Some scoop regarding the AA service to BLR

1) BLR airport reps travelled to DL/AA/AC/UA HQ in January 2020 to discuss non stop flights to BLR.
2) All the airlines were interested to fly to BLR, but issue was aircraft range.
3) Abt 700,000 O&D pax travel btw BLR & US;
~40% travel with EK, EY & QR.
4) 30% via EU, 30% via Asian hubs.
5) A minute % travel with AI to the US.
6) The airport is still in talks to connect to the US East Coast.
7) The airport is currently in talks with KOREAN Airlines for a non stop flight to Seoul (ICN) & Air China (Chengdu).


So not many fly UA/AC/DL via DEL/BOM it seems. Doesn't UA have partnership with Vistara?


My personal view is that I hate connecting within India. My final destination isn’t one of the elite metros but they do have direct flights from the Gulf. So I would avoid BOM or DEL as much as possible.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:30 pm

sand26391 wrote:
Some scoop regarding the AA service to BLR

1) BLR airport reps travelled to DL/AA/AC/UA HQ in January 2020 to discuss non stop flights to BLR.
2) All the airlines were interested to fly to BLR, but issue was aircraft range.
3) Abt 700,000 O&D pax travel btw BLR & US;
~40% travel with EK, EY & QR.
4) 30% via EU, 30% via Asian hubs.
5) A minute % travel with AI to the US.
6) The airport is still in talks to connect to the US East Coast.
7) The airport is currently in talks with KOREAN Airlines for a non stop flight to Seoul (ICN) & Air China (Chengdu).


Thank you for this excellent information. We are lucky to have you on this forum. You provide more insightful information than what we read in the newspapers.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:46 pm

The Economic Times is reporting that VietJet is offering a 50 percent discount on its new routes to India but with Indians fearing anything Chinese looking because of the caronavirus, I am unclear if the discount will offset their fear of the caronavirus
 
TEMPO
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:02 pm

This article is from Hindustan Times group’s Mint business newspaper. AdP, mentioned below, is the group that runs Paris, France airports under the name Aeroports de Paris. My comment on one paragraph, I could have sworn that Zurich Airport International was involved in the startup of BLR. The article appears to say they entered India within the last 3 months. Is Flughafen Zürich AG a different company from Zurich Airport International?

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 06200.html

Global players are beginning to recognize India as a potential aviation hub, analysts and industry executives said on Friday, after Groupe ADP of France announced plans to buy a 49% stake in GMR Airports Ltd (GAL).

Groupe ADP became the second leading international airport operator to enter India in a span of less than three months. Zurich Airport International AG had won the bid to build an international airport at Jewar on the outskirts of Delhi.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 12:55 am

Mumbai airport is choked, did you say? But it is expanding.....

A good headline often gets eyeballs...

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/mumba ... 327751.htm
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:14 pm

The Russians are coming! The Russians are coming!

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 482_1.html

(even IndiGo and Vistara plan to start Moscow flights this year)
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:15 pm

AI engineering wing (no pun intended) inks deal with P&W to maintain engines

https://www.hindustantimes.com/mumbai-n ... p0kZN.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:26 pm

Surge in summer schedule slot requests hints at extra flights from Pune airport

Airlines requested 1,343 weekly slots from the city (for summer) when in context, only 1,193 were available in winter of 1,120 were used in winter. As I had predicated almost 6 to 8 months, slots in Pune are gold and the early bird catches the worm. However, only now, airlines are waking up. Too bad that when they could have had slots on a platter a few months ago, they turned a blind eye.

Seriously, I think the airlines in India ought to have greater planning in order to gobble valuable slots.

In addition to Pune, I had also stated that Chennai would run out of slots. Wait and see and talk to me 1 year from now. A few months ago, Spricejet jumped on Pune slots but other airlines neglected it......to their long term detriment in my opinion.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 249962.cms?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:32 pm

Kolhapur airport may soon begin flights to Panaji & Ahmedabad

Airport to soon have refueling capability so airlines don't have to carry extra fuel to fly into the airport in order to subsequently fly out.

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... 249612.cms?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:36 pm

https://www.apherald.com/politics/read/ ... ve-capital

Indigo and SpiceJet quit Vizag, and newspaper suggests it's because of the new Chief Minister's policies.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:50 pm

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
SAA is selling a couple of slots at LHR, could Vistara buy them? and finally launch London Heathrow and Tokyo Haneda at once, and finally what have happened with their Boeing 787-9 ???
They also already announced their codeshares with United, it could also be an indication that they finally launched their Long-Haul flights


Vistara has something cooking, we just don't know what it is.

Here is what we know:

1) They are taking 1 787 in Feb 2020 and 1 in March 2020.

2) The will start international service on the 787 in March 2020.

3) They have been allotted 8X weekly slots at Gatwick but the Gatwick Airport Director is still making a pitch to them to start services.

4) India has daily slot pair at Haneda and presumbaly one would have to use the slot soon or the authorities might revoke it.

5) Because of the caronavirus, Indians fear anything remotely Chinese-looking which also means Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, etc and have cut travel to to S. East Asia.

6) Fearful of Government bureaucracy, Vistara will announce new routes only when they actually have the "aircraft on hand" (in possession and on the ground in India, and with all approvals in place. Of course reliance of this level of certainty also means they will have a very short window of advance bookings.

7) The 2 favorite countries of the controlling head of Tatas, which owns 51% of Vistara, is UK (where he studied) and Japan.

So, one would have to figure out what Vistara would do given the 7 points above. Here is my speculation:

1) Despite the caronavirus scare, Vistara will start flights to Japan in March and most likely Haneda, and not Narita (otherwise they are idiots)

2) It will also start flights to London Heathrow (not Gatwick) by leasing slots (they might not have the $$$ to buy the slots, although with their rich parent companies, I can't rule that out).

So, I am predicting Haneda and Heathrow for their first 2 787s. I would be disappointed if they ended up with Gatwick and Narita.
 
highvoltageeee
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:53 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:46 pm

Folks,
How to check load percentage for the JFK mumbai delta flight?
I saw the stats for BLR for KLM, is there a way to pull for delta as well?
Newbie here.
 
yashk
Posts: 101
Joined: Thu May 12, 2016 2:45 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:06 pm

edealinfo wrote:
5) Because of the caronavirus, Indians fear anything remotely Chinese-looking which also means Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, etc and have cut travel to to S. East Asia.

Firstly it’s ’Coronavirus’ and I doubt anyone here appreciates you purposefully misspelling words.

Secondly, India has issued an advisory asking citizens to restrict all non essential travel to Singapore. Outside of China, Japan has the highest number of cases reported and independent infection clusters are emerging in South Korea. Dip in travel to these countries Is because of the above reasons and not because ‘Indians fear anything Chinese looking’. This is such a frivolous statement to make and it borders on being slightly racist. If this is your version of hyperbole and embellishment, please use those devices in a different forum and stick to fact here.
 
TEMPO
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:08 pm

edealinfo wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
SAA is selling a couple of slots at LHR, could Vistara buy them? and finally launch London Heathrow and Tokyo Haneda at once, and finally what have happened with their Boeing 787-9 ???
They also already announced their codeshares with United, it could also be an indication that they finally launched their Long-Haul flights


Vistara has something cooking, we just don't know what it is.


Thanks for pulling it all together. I flew Vistara for the first time a few weeks ago, and was impressed. I’ve tried to keep track of their plans, but with so much information on many different internet sites, I was beginning to lose the big picture. Your post helped!
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:40 pm

yashk wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
5) Because of the caronavirus, Indians fear anything remotely Chinese-looking which also means Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, etc and have cut travel to to S. East Asia.

Firstly it’s ’Coronavirus’ and I doubt anyone here appreciates you purposefully misspelling words.

Secondly, India has issued an advisory asking citizens to restrict all non essential travel to Singapore. Outside of China, Japan has the highest number of cases reported and independent infection clusters are emerging in South Korea. Dip in travel to these countries Is because of the above reasons and not because ‘Indians fear anything Chinese looking’. This is such a frivolous statement to make and it borders on being slightly racist. If this is your version of hyperbole and embellishment, please use those devices in a different forum and stick to fact here.


Thanks for pointing out the spelling error about the virus as i hadn't even noticed and have been using the wrong spelling all along, without noticing it was wrong. But, you seem to suspect that the wrong spelling has an malicious undertone. I don't get what that could possibly be so could please you let me know? Maybe, the real issue is with your line of thinking.

Second, with regard to fears, I have read several articles in the newspapers including one where an Indian hotel reported to authorities because a person who came to stay there was Chinese. I am not making this up. Unfortunately, I couldn't find that article when I ran a search to locate it today. But just to show you a sample from the Times of India.........

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 143522.cms
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:48 pm

TEMPO wrote:
I flew Vistara for the first time a few weeks ago, and was impressed.


Could you please share your experience and elaborate why you were impressed?
 
User avatar
CPS001
Posts: 201
Joined: Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:05 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 6:44 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the spelling error about the virus as i hadn't even noticed and have been using the wrong spelling all along, without noticing it was wrong. But, you seem to suspect that the wrong spelling has an malicious undertone. I don't get what that could possibly be so could please you let me know? Maybe, the real issue is with your line of thinking.


So you still haven't noticed that you spell Modi wrong time after time?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:53 pm

yashk wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
5) Because of the caronavirus, Indians fear anything remotely Chinese-looking which also means Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, etc and have cut travel to to S. East Asia.

Firstly it’s ’Coronavirus’ and I doubt anyone here appreciates you purposefully misspelling words.

Secondly, India has issued an advisory asking citizens to restrict all non essential travel to Singapore. Outside of China, Japan has the highest number of cases reported and independent infection clusters are emerging in South Korea. Dip in travel to these countries Is because of the above reasons and not because ‘Indians fear anything Chinese looking’. This is such a frivolous statement to make and it borders on being slightly racist. If this is your version of hyperbole and embellishment, please use those devices in a different forum and stick to fact here.


Per this link, India is also screening passengers from Kathmandu, Nepal even though there are no known cases from there. I am scratching my head. I wonder why? (sarcasm). Maybe you ought to read a lot more newspapers.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/cor ... 24852.html
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:55 pm

CPS001 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
Thanks for pointing out the spelling error about the virus as i hadn't even noticed and have been using the wrong spelling all along, without noticing it was wrong. But, you seem to suspect that the wrong spelling has an malicious undertone. I don't get what that could possibly be so could please you let me know? Maybe, the real issue is with your line of thinking.


So you still haven't noticed that you spell Modi wrong time after time?


you mean the Dear Leader? The one whose creating an environment where children in a school play are charged with lo, and behold, SEDITION, for the play's criticism of CAA or whatever.
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:02 pm

Does anyone know if Air India will be continuing its Mumbai - London Stansted route in Summer 2020? Its not on sale as yet but seems weird for the route to only operate for 6 weeks
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:19 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
Does anyone know if Air India will be continuing its Mumbai - London Stansted route in Summer 2020? Its not on sale as yet but seems weird for the route to only operate for 6 weeks



Are you THE "SeanM1997"? You usually have all the scoops. Any update on whether Vistara has acquired slots for LHR?
 
TEMPO
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:26 pm

edealinfo wrote:
yashk wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
5) Because of the caronavirus, Indians fear anything remotely Chinese-looking which also means Japanese, Koreans, Vietnamese, Singaporeans, etc and have cut travel to to S. East Asia.

Firstly it’s ’Coronavirus’ and I doubt anyone here appreciates you purposefully misspelling words.

Secondly, India has issued an advisory asking citizens to restrict all non essential travel to Singapore. Outside of China, Japan has the highest number of cases reported and independent infection clusters are emerging in South Korea. Dip in travel to these countries Is because of the above reasons and not because ‘Indians fear anything Chinese looking’. This is such a frivolous statement to make and it borders on being slightly racist. If this is your version of hyperbole and embellishment, please use those devices in a different forum and stick to fact here.


Per this link, India is also screening passengers from Kathmandu, Nepal even though there are no known cases from there. I am scratching my head. I wonder why? (sarcasm). Maybe you ought to read a lot more newspapers.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india/cor ... 24852.html


Probably with good reason:

But Nepal seems unprepared for the outbreak. There are no labs, hospitals or doctors able to deal with the disease and patients. Doctors can only check whether patients show symptoms.

"We are still in the process of isolating the Chinese workers who have arrived from China, and no one is allowed to meet them," airport project manager Binesh Munakarmi told Nikkei. "We also have made requests to the Chinese contractor to assist us in this matter."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coron ... oronavirus

But I agree with you that a lot of this is medical theatre. If people are indeed asymptomatic for up to a week after infection, but are capable of being carriers, then none of this will help. Certainly, the Chinese Government isolating tens of millions of people points to the use of “herd quarantines” for the “greater good”.
 
TEMPO
Posts: 67
Joined: Wed May 01, 2019 2:34 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:59 pm

edealinfo wrote:
TEMPO wrote:
I flew Vistara for the first time a few weeks ago, and was impressed.


Could you please share your experience and elaborate why you were impressed?


I was on the 9:10 PM departure from BLR to DEL. It was delayed to 10:30 PM after early morning fog issues at DEL which caused the usual chain reaction in the aircraft’s schedule through the whole day. The flight is a major connector for overnight international flights out of DEL, and there were a lot of anxious passengers on board. I watched as the six cabin crew dealt with repeated questions from passengers with kindness and their full attention to each individual or family. They were not treated as “demanding customers” or “neurotic travellers”, but as people, with genuine worries and issues caused by Vistara’s delays. A young girl had been affected by her parents’ tension and was acting up, and the crew took her to the forward galley and plyed her with good stuff. She came back all smiles.

In the end, 21st century travel with airlines is not about the hard product or the soft product or any of the other terms I see bandied about here. It’s just getting from A to B without worry and tension, and with a certain degree of comfort. Vistara crew really tried to make that happen. Well done, I say.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:50 pm

TEMPO wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
TEMPO wrote:
I flew Vistara for the first time a few weeks ago, and was impressed.


Could you please share your experience and elaborate why you were impressed?


I was on the 9:10 PM departure from BLR to DEL. It was delayed to 10:30 PM after early morning fog issues at DEL which caused the usual chain reaction in the aircraft’s schedule through the whole day. The flight is a major connector for overnight international flights out of DEL, and there were a lot of anxious passengers on board. I watched as the six cabin crew dealt with repeated questions from passengers with kindness and their full attention to each individual or family. They were not treated as “demanding customers” or “neurotic travellers”, but as people, with genuine worries and issues caused by Vistara’s delays. A young girl had been affected by her parents’ tension and was acting up, and the crew took her to the forward galley and plyed her with good stuff. She came back all smiles.

In the end, 21st century travel with airlines is not about the hard product or the soft product or any of the other terms I see bandied about here. It’s just getting from A to B without worry and tension, and with a certain degree of comfort. Vistara crew really tried to make that happen. Well done, I say.


Wow! You can bet that no European, American, or ME3 carrier would show that level of care. I think a lot of Vistara's care could also be because they truly understand the Indian psyche and concerns, which pforeigns do not and possibly couldn't care a hoot. This is probably why many people have their parents fly to the West on Air India (AI) knowing that the AI staff are the only ones who give a damn about their concerns. Now, think how much better it would be if Vistara was the other other alternative to AI.

So good news indeed and thanks for sharing.
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:03 pm

TEMPO wrote:
Probably with good reason:


With regard to the virus, the paranoia might actually be good. India can little afford for the virus to take hold because if it does, it will spread like wide fire because of the high population density. India couldn't enforce a lock down like China has so it is pretty much gooners if the cat is out of the bag.

Having said that, I think Kerala should be highly praised for the way they handled the 3 cases (complete with contact tracing, etc) and stamped it out. If it was any other state, it could easily have meant the opposite.

So, it pays to be super cautious even if it involves offending anyone. Today, Israel announced that they are banning visitors from South Korea (after tourist from there spread the case to Israel). As much as South Korea is great partner with India, I think India too should ban visitors from both South Korea and Iran. With the latter, I think the problem is far larger than has been admitted. Remember the breakout in Iran started in the holy City of Qom where thousands and thousands of pilgrims congregate and then go back to their homes in Iran. Already Iraq, has banned flights to Iran, which is smart assuming this is not already too late.
 
SeanM1997
Posts: 337
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:27 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:17 pm

edealinfo wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Does anyone know if Air India will be continuing its Mumbai - London Stansted route in Summer 2020? Its not on sale as yet but seems weird for the route to only operate for 6 weeks



Are you THE "SeanM1997"? You usually have all the scoops. Any update on whether Vistara has acquired slots for LHR?


I am the SeanM1997 if you mean by twitter
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:54 pm

SeanM1997 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
SeanM1997 wrote:
Does anyone know if Air India will be continuing its Mumbai - London Stansted route in Summer 2020? Its not on sale as yet but seems weird for the route to only operate for 6 weeks



Are you THE "SeanM1997"? You usually have all the scoops. Any update on whether Vistara has acquired slots for LHR?


I am the SeanM1997 if you mean by twitter


Yeah. I recall you were the source of some good stuff (info)
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:31 am

Swamy takes swipe at Centre for move to sell AI


https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 261285.cms
 
sand26391
Posts: 632
Joined: Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:47 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:32 am

KLM will be deploying 3 class Boeing 777-200 to BLR wef 28/04/2020 till the end of Summer schedule.
Seating capacity for KLM B772= 34J/40W/242Y= 316 seats.
*Further changes possible*
 
pune
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:47 am

edealinfo wrote:
IndiGo shelves plan to launch dual-aisle flights to Europe
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.economic ... 183403.cms

India’s largest carrier IndiGo has abandoned plans to launch long-haul international flights on dual-aisle Airbus 330 aircraft as it is likely to start flights to Europe and London on a single-aisle Airbus 321XLR (extralong range) aircraft set to join its fleet by 2023-24.

Indigo would love to launch more flights to Turkey but is constrained by the bilateral which is restricted because India, which is a democracy, doesn’t want Turkey to use its democratic right to freely express its opinion. Democracy, apparently, is a one way street.

Meanwhile Indigo is planning to start flights to Russia. Which Russian city can be reached on IndiGo’s existing aircraft?


Interesting... although I don't get it. Why and how Turkey could upset India's sensitiveness. And if there indeed is a case, then why have airline links with them ? There is something on the story which isn't there. seems half-reported/baked whatever .
 
pune
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:50 am

edealinfo wrote:
sibibom wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Just stating a fact.


And how does this "so called" great democracy react to any country mentioning the Armenian Genocide? Pot calling kettle black....


Excellent point but what you are just confirming is that India is just like Turkey. Both claim democracy but then react strongly when independents say other wise. I wouldn’t take India stopping to the same standard as Turkey as a compliment.

I am just responding to your comment. Let’s not get into politics although this is somewhat related to India’s denial of additional flying rights to Turkey because of comments made by the Turkish President.


ah, now I get it, please disregard the above comment.
 
pune
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:02 am

unnayan wrote:
vadodara wrote:
hohd wrote:
.
In fact they should restrict Indigo/Turkey code share to only smaller cities in India which are not served by ME3. India does not interfere with Turkey's politics and its dealings with various countries. Indigo will be smarter to go with Qatar rather than TK.


Yes if TK is hungry, feed them with routes to 2nd/3rd Tier cities. It will unlock traffic to C/S Europe.

Why mix politics with business.


True.. let us have open trade with Pakistan as well.. because why mix politics with Business?

Trade restrictions and sanctions are part of state policies of any powerful state... or else Iran would have had a fleet of 100 Boeing and 100 Airbus aircrafts by now....

It is still better than gifting 5 777-200LR at throw away price to a competitor on a platter by a so called sensible government.....


I didn't want to post here but since the question has been answered of Pakistan, I have another follow-up question -

Why hasn't India declared Pakistan as an enemy state ? I remember very well before 2014 , Mr. Modi used to say we should declare Pakistan an enemy state, but since 2014 it hasn't done a single thing in that regard. The most telling is this RTI which was asked to MEA -

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 960912.cms

Similarly, for Bangladesh, Rajnath Singhji was saying we would be fencing India- Bangladesh border in next 6 months so that illegal immigration stops from 2014 to 2018 but nothing after that. There are still media reports of bangladesh immigration, why hasn't it been fenced and have our BSF man it, no questions asked or answered. If somebody wants to take this up even in non-aviation forum I'll be happy for that, somebody just has to take it and share the link where the question is answered herein.
 
binayak
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:00 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:37 am

highvoltageeee wrote:
Folks,
How to check load percentage for the JFK mumbai delta flight?
I saw the stats for BLR for KLM, is there a way to pull for delta as well?
Newbie here.


Since the route is new , i think it will be difficult to get PLF numbers online . Any insider of BOM might be able to give us the numbers . We have a user who works at BLR and has full report of PLFs of long haul flights arriving there . Don't know if anyone knows the same for Mumbai .

When I flew it ( JFK bound Jan 16 & BOM bound Jan 22) , the flight was packed in JFK-BOM sector with nearly full occupancy of D1 suites and premium select cabins . However in the JFK bound flight , the front two sections of the plane got barely 50-60% occupied. Economy comfort was struggling at both the sectors whereas Main Cabin was packed both ways .
The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today
 
highvoltageeee
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:53 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:09 am

binayak wrote:
highvoltageeee wrote:
Folks,
How to check load percentage for the JFK mumbai delta flight?
I saw the stats for BLR for KLM, is there a way to pull for delta as well?
Newbie here.


Since the route is new , i think it will be difficult to get PLF numbers online . Any insider of BOM might be able to give us the numbers . We have a user who works at BLR and has full report of PLFs of long haul flights arriving there . Don't know if anyone knows the same for Mumbai .

When I flew it ( JFK bound Jan 16 & BOM bound Jan 22) , the flight was packed in JFK-BOM sector with nearly full occupancy of D1 suites and premium select cabins . However in the JFK bound flight , the front two sections of the plane got barely 50-60% occupied. Economy comfort was struggling at both the sectors whereas Main Cabin was packed both ways .


Thank you very much for the response sir and sharing the stats.
 
highvoltageeee
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:53 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:12 am

After how many days will the vistara flight be delivered?
I saw it completed B2 second test flight.
I read somewhere on the forum usually it takes "X" number of days from B2 test flight. Can someone please throw some light on this topic please?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:19 pm

highvoltageeee wrote:
After how many days will the vistara flight be delivered?
I saw it completed B2 second test flight.
I read somewhere on the forum usually it takes "X" number of days from B2 test flight. Can someone please throw some light on this topic please?


Only the second test flight??? It is scheduled to be delivered this month which means just 7 days left. Is Boeing penalized if it fails to deliver on time or is there a grace period. So far, Vistara has not announced any delay in delivery and why would they ?
 
edealinfo
Posts: 2658
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:11 pm

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 12:26 pm

pune wrote:
unnayan wrote:
vadodara wrote:

Yes if TK is hungry, feed them with routes to 2nd/3rd Tier cities. It will unlock traffic to C/S Europe.

Why mix politics with business.


True.. let us have open trade with Pakistan as well.. because why mix politics with Business?

Trade restrictions and sanctions are part of state policies of any powerful state... or else Iran would have had a fleet of 100 Boeing and 100 Airbus aircrafts by now....

It is still better than gifting 5 777-200LR at throw away price to a competitor on a platter by a so called sensible government.....


I didn't want to post here but since the question has been answered of Pakistan, I have another follow-up question -

Why hasn't India declared Pakistan as an enemy state ? I remember very well before 2014 , Mr. Modi used to say we should declare Pakistan an enemy state, but since 2014 it hasn't done a single thing in that regard. The most telling is this RTI which was asked to MEA -

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 960912.cms

Similarly, for Bangladesh, Rajnath Singhji was saying we would be fencing India- Bangladesh border in next 6 months so that illegal immigration stops from 2014 to 2018 but nothing after that. There are still media reports of bangladesh immigration, why hasn't it been fenced and have our BSF man it, no questions asked or answered. If somebody wants to take this up even in non-aviation forum I'll be happy for that, somebody just has to take it and share the link where the question is answered herein.


Unfortunately it is staying into politics, and politics is always complicated. Politicians love to say whatever they want to say to get votes regardless of the operational, financial, and legal consequences.

As for Fences and walls, Read the excellent article below from the New York Times which concludes with....
“Many Indians now joke that Mr. Trump finally got his wall — and India paid for it”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... i.amp.html
 
pune
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:18 am

Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:41 pm

edealinfo wrote:
pune wrote:
unnayan wrote:

True.. let us have open trade with Pakistan as well.. because why mix politics with Business?

Trade restrictions and sanctions are part of state policies of any powerful state... or else Iran would have had a fleet of 100 Boeing and 100 Airbus aircrafts by now....

It is still better than gifting 5 777-200LR at throw away price to a competitor on a platter by a so called sensible government.....


I didn't want to post here but since the question has been answered of Pakistan, I have another follow-up question -

Why hasn't India declared Pakistan as an enemy state ? I remember very well before 2014 , Mr. Modi used to say we should declare Pakistan an enemy state, but since 2014 it hasn't done a single thing in that regard. The most telling is this RTI which was asked to MEA -

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/cit ... 960912.cms

Similarly, for Bangladesh, Rajnath Singhji was saying we would be fencing India- Bangladesh border in next 6 months so that illegal immigration stops from 2014 to 2018 but nothing after that. There are still media reports of bangladesh immigration, why hasn't it been fenced and have our BSF man it, no questions asked or answered. If somebody wants to take this up even in non-aviation forum I'll be happy for that, somebody just has to take it and share the link where the question is answered herein.


Unfortunately it is staying into politics, and politics is always complicated. Politicians love to say whatever they want to say to get votes regardless of the operational, financial, and legal consequences.

As for Fences and walls, Read the excellent article below from the New York Times which concludes with....
“Many Indians now joke that Mr. Trump finally got his wall — and India paid for it”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytime ... i.amp.html


thank you, but sadly behind a paywall :(

Edit: opened a free account and accessed it. Sadly, it is as I thought, no trade deal, just optics for Mr. Trump's campaign with Mr. Modi funding it from taxpayer's money :(
Last edited by pune on Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos