Re: Indian Aviation Thread - February 2020

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:39 pm

GoAir appoints former Jet Airways executive Vinay Dube as CEO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 43979.html

TEMPO

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:19 pm

anshabhi wrote:
SEA? Amazon and Microsoft becoming huge huge in India!!

If Amazon is a driving factor, then United Airlines should announce a flight from Washington (IAD) to Bengaluru. The Great Circle distance is ~8500 miles (~13,700 km) for IAD-BLR vs ~8000 miles (13,000 km) for SEA-BLR. The max payload max range for a 787-9 is ~9k miles (~14k km), so it should be just doable. As a comparator, Perth-London is ~9000 miles (14,400 km), and that route is flown daily by Qantas.

Amazon US HQ2 is in Arlington, Virginia, about 5 miles (8 km) from the White House and 25 miles (40 km) from IAD, just opened, with a plan to hire up to 50,000 employees in the next 5-10 years. Their travel policy specifies economy tickets, so not much yield, though.

Anyone taking bets on this announcement?

JOYA380B747

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:37 pm

edealinfo wrote:
Doesn’t delta, rather than American, have a hub at Seattle. Why Did they allow AA to go one up on them from that station?

Maybe Amazon and Microsoft, but Delta is not going to get Boeing contracts on their A350 for sure :lol:
India's biggest loss w.r.t global aviation (so far) - Being an Australasia-Europe stopover.

edealinfo

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:58 pm

avier wrote:
GoAir appoints former Jet Airways executive Vinay Dube as CEO

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livemi ... 43979.html

Happy for him. He gave up his fab position at Delta to lead Jet only to get caught up in the actions of Jet’s owner, chacha naresh Goyal. I hope Dube is formally cleared of any wrong doing.

edealinfo

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:03 pm

TEMPO wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

If Amazon is a driving factor, then United Airlines should announce a flight from Washington (IAD) to Bengaluru. The Great Circle distance is ~8500 miles (~13,700 km) for IAD-BLR vs ~8000 miles (13,000 km) for SEA-BLR. The max payload max range for a 787-9 is ~9k miles (~14k km), so it should be just doable. As a comparator, Perth-London is ~9000 miles (14,400 km), and that route is flown daily by Qantas.

Amazon US HQ2 is in Arlington, Virginia, about 5 miles (8 km) from the White House and 25 miles (40 km) from IAD, just opened, with a plan to hire up to 50,000 employees in the next 5-10 years. Their travel policy specifies economy tickets, so not much yield, though.

If United has to start BLR it would be from Newark. No way they will base their decision on Amazon alone..

Separately, isn’t Delta, operating just a few days a week to Mumbai. If they are so skeptical of India, maybe they won’t touch BLR for now especially when they are covered by Air France and KLM

TEMPO

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:54 pm

Now this would be useful anywhere in the world. Delhi airport offers secure doorstep baggage pick up and drop off for T3 passengers. I know that Air India and Vistara offer city centre check-in as well.

Do any other Indian airports offer this service?

https://www.livemint.com/companies/news ... 82657.html

blrBird

Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:01 pm

TEMPO wrote:
It’s in other threads on A.Net,so it should be here too. Bengaluru’s first North American connection, American Airlines daily to Seattle, is announced from October 2020. Congratulations to all in BLR who made it happen.

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

Nonstops are now available to four of the six inhabited continents. Maybe this is an opportunity for Qantas (OneWorld) to think about an Australian nonstop?

Good luck to BLR, now the litmus test will begin if it can hold onto ULH route!!
On NA side AA+AS has enough feed but what about from BLR end? No FS carrier to do that last mile connectivity if needed.
from star dust....

airboss787

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:19 pm

edealinfo wrote:

Separately, isn’t Delta, operating just a few days a week to Mumbai. If they are so skeptical of India, maybe they won’t touch BLR for now especially when they are covered by Air France and KLM

Not true, DL24/DL25 operates daily year round on the JFK-BOM-JFK sector on the 777-200LR. I will not be surprised to see a reaction from DL on the SEA-BLR route from AA. Seattle is an important market for them and I would assume they would not want to let an emerging market slip. The more DL will, the more that opportunity will slip. AA has not released a schedule or equipment so this announcement was probably just for publicity and details will be released later once they are finalised. Maybe DL may announce a SEA-DEL route.
Star Alliance Gold

RainerBoeing777

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:32 am

airboss787 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Not true, DL24/DL25 operates daily year round on the JFK-BOM-JFK sector on the 777-200LR. I will not be surprised to see a reaction from DL on the SEA-BLR route from AA. Seattle is an important market for them and I would assume they would not want to let an emerging market slip. The more DL will, the more that opportunity will slip. AA has not released a schedule or equipment so this announcement was probably just for publicity and details will be released later once they are finalised. Maybe DL may announce a SEA-DEL route.

Does the Airbus A330-900neo have enough range to do SEA-DEL? right now DL has to be very competitive in SEA
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:29 am

Adani Group has signed a concession agreement with Airports Authority of India (AAI) for operations, management and development of the three airports of Ahmedabad, Lucknow and Mangaluru.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/adani ... 300831.htm

The Ahmedabad-based conglomerate surprised the industry with its aggressive bids. At Rs 115 per passenger for Mangaluru and Rs 171 for Lucknow, Adani Group’s bids were over 500 percent more than the lowest bids received from the GMR Group and PNC Infratech respectively. Similarly, it placed a bid of Rs 177 for Ahmedabad airport, nearly 200 percent more than the lowest bid of Rs 60 of Autostrade Indian Infrastructure Development Pvt Ltd.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:32 am

Etihad to add flights to India as coronavirus outbreak leaves spare capacity

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/etiha ... 295521.htm
"These additional services will be operated by Etihad Airways A320 and will add 158 seats to each route. As a result of these seasonal changes, Etihad Airways will operate 21 weekly flights to and from Chennai, and 14 weekly flights to and from Thiruvananthapuram during this period," the airline said. The airline will also replace a narrow-body with a wide-body on one of the flights from Chennai.

Interestingly, the airline claimed that it has not seen "any reduction" in passenger traffic from India even after the collapse of Jet Airways, which used to source traffic from tier-2 and tier-3 cities for Etihad.

India is the second-largest market for Etihad after the home market.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:41 am

Air Astana To Launch New Mumbai Connection

Air Astana is set to launch a second service to India, this time to the financial capital of Mumbai. Flying four times a week between Mumbai and Almaty, the flight will commence on 1st June, just in time for the peak summer season.
Air Astana is not new to India. The carrier has operated its Delhi-Almaty route since 2004, the first to directly connect the two countries. This twice-daily service, combined with the new Mumbai route, means that Air Astana is raising its weekly departures from 14 to 18.

The past few years have also seen the airline incentivize Indian travelers. Since 2018, Indians can secure a 72-hour visa-free layover in Kazakhstan if they fly with Air Astana. This transit visa aimed to boost passenger traffic and direct tourism to the country. This policy seems to have worked, considering that the airline saw a 40% rise in transit passengers in the year it was introduced.

How come they got daytime slots in Mumbai?

https://simpleflying.com/air-astana-mumbai/

vadodara

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:49 am

edealinfo wrote:
In my opinion, the biggest loser of AA starting the new flight to BLR is Cathay Pacific.

Geographically, is Seattle a good connecting point to BLR from DFW, Houston, LAX, SFO, middle America and ORD?

For W, SW America.

Biggest looser is DL; they invested in a hub in SEA to feed their international traffic. With a few flights and Alaska as a partner, AA wipes DL’s hub.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:51 am

vadodara wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
In my opinion, the biggest loser of AA starting the new flight to BLR is Cathay Pacific.

Geographically, is Seattle a good connecting point to BLR from DFW, Houston, LAX, SFO, middle America and ORD?

For W, SW America.

Biggest looser is DL; they invested in a hub in SEA to feed their international traffic. With a few flights and Alaska as a partner, AA wipes DL’s hub.

It is AA's payback for DL buying 20% of LATAM and gaining access to S. America

vadodara

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:55 am

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
vadodara wrote:
Vistara could partner Jet Blue at JFK; probably their best shot at a India-US non-stop.
Give that up, this is a pipe dream. Certainly, it is not happening if they need connections on the US end to make it work.

How would they make it work without a partner?

voxkel

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:16 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Does the Airbus A330-900neo have enough range to do SEA-DEL? right now DL has to be very competitive in SEA

No way. Keep in mind JFK-BOM is much shorter and DL still uses 77L. A339 has about same range as A343. DL will use 77L on any flight to India.

voxkel

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:18 am

edealinfo wrote:
If United has to start BLR it would be from Newark.

Why not from SFO? Much bigger market there. EWR-AMD probably would have more PDEW than EWR-BLR and UA should be able to fly to AMD nonstop on 77E without too many restrictions.

subramak1

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:11 am

Malayil wrote:
[url][/url]
Adipocere wrote:
Is there any precedent of an international airline servicing BLR while not already servicing one of India’s premier cities in DEL, BOM, CCU or MAA?

Not sure I would say CCU or MAA are above BLR as metros in India. MAA maybe 20 years ago and CCU maybe 35 years ago...

economy wise MAA is still bigger, it is more diversified with a bigger manufacturing base. But it does not have IT traffic that will drive traffic to NA

KK

airboss787

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:12 am

RainerBoeing777 wrote:
airboss787 wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

The 330-900 has about 7200nm range whereas SEA-DEL is only about 6000nm so should be doable. I do believe they will operate the A350 though to India and not the 330-900. Many more economy seats in the 350 and also a few more D1 seats.
Star Alliance Gold

airboss787

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:16 am

voxkel wrote:
RainerBoeing777 wrote:
airboss787 wrote:

No way. Keep in mind JFK-BOM is much shorter and DL still uses 77L. A339 has about same range as A343. DL will use 77L on any flight to India.

What are you talking about? JFK-BOM is 600nm longer than than SEA-DEL. The 330-900 can easily do SEA-DEL but whether it is profitable or whether DL want to do it will be known only to them. The Himalaya detour probably adds some time and distance but no way is it going to be that much more than JFK-BOM. If it is SEA to India, I think the A350 is well suited. I won’t be surprised to see the JFK-BOM upgauged to the A350 later.
Star Alliance Gold

airboss787

Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:27 am

voxkel wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Why not from SFO? Much bigger market there. EWR-AMD probably would have more PDEW than EWR-BLR and UA should be able to fly to AMD nonstop on 77E without too many restrictions.

Yeah no, AMD is not happening. BLR or MAA/HYD will happen before there is any nonstop US flight to AMD. Even Air India routed their EWR flight via LHR and couldn’t sustain it. AMD barely has any EU flights and even for that, I will not hold my breath. BLR/HYD/MAA and maybe CCU are more preferred and will continue to get more flights. Continental had firm plans to launch EWR-BLR before they merged with United. I can definitely see that route happening in the next couple of years if not sooner.
Star Alliance Gold

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:02 am

Air India A321 VT-PPU had a tail strike on departure from PNQ, it continued to DEL without incident

https://twitter.com/JacdecNew/status/12 ... 66880?s=20
Forum Moderator

SVJ77W

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 pm

I am seeing a lot of posts on Facebook about East West Airlines restarting operations under a new management that too supposedly from November this year with Mumbai-Dubai being the first flight and later Kerala airports to Gulf states. It also states return tickets will be in the 700 - 1000 AED range. They would lease a few planes for this as per the post.

I was very skeptical as there is nothing if you run a search on the internet but the Mumbai-Dubai was enough to confirm that this due to slot issues could be fake not to mention the ticket prices.

This news has been doing the rounds on social media in Kerala in specific since the last 36 hours. I am not sure if this was sparked after the news of the arrest of the man who murdered the previous MD of the airline and if someone or a groiup of people decided to trim their wealth buy restarting the airline.

I don't even think you can restart an airline and suddenly start flying International directly.

I ain't buying this. Has anyone heard anything on this?

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Tapatalk
Last edited by SVJ77W on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:47 pm

subramak1 wrote:
economy wise MAA is still bigger, it is more diversified with a bigger manufacturing base. But it does not have IT traffic that will drive traffic to NA

KK

Your argument would hold true only if the question is whether DL, AA or UA are to start flights from US to MAA. It wouldn't necessarily be the same if the flight is routed through their partners such as Air France or KLM. In fact, it might be far smarter for AF/KL to start operations to MAA or HYD than for DL to start Seattle to BLR/DEL/BOM/HYD/MAA. Having said that, I think DL will counterpunch AA and start a Seattle to India connection. If they let AA slip in through the door at Seattle, you never know when it will stop.
Last edited by edealinfo on Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:52 pm

SVJ77W wrote:
I am seeing a lot of posts on Facebook about East West Airlines restarting operations under a new management that too supposedly from November this year with Mumbai-Dubai being the first flight and later Kerala airports to Gulf states. It also states return tickets will be in the 700 - 1000 AED range. They would lease a few planes for this as per the post.

I was very skeptical as there is nothing if you run a search on the internet but the Mumbai-Dubai was enough to confirm that this due to slot issues could be fake not to mention the ticket prices.

This news has been doing the rounds on social media in Kerala in specific since the last 36 hours. I am not sure if this was sparked after the news of the arrest of the man who murdered the previous MD of the airline and if someone or a groiup of people decided to trim their wealth buy restarting the airline.

I don't even think you can restart an airline and suddenly start flying International directly.

I ain't buying this. Has anyone heard anything on this?

This is BS from the very start.

1. India has exhausted all its bilateral flying rights to Dubai. So how can anyone start India to Dubai?

2. East West ceased as a company. Its not that you can make it alive overnight. If someone wanted to start an airline, they might as well start from scratch.

3. You need to acquire 20 aircraft before flying overseas.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 2:56 pm

qf789 wrote:
Air India A321 VT-PPU had a tail strike on departure from PNQ, it continued to DEL without incident

I wonder what the structural fix is.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:04 pm

On Jan 22, 2020, Bloomberg News reported that Vistara intended to place a new order for Boeing 787s. I then argued that this couldn't possibly be the case but was rather a possibility that Vistara might exercise its 4 787s options, or separately, purchase the 4 787s ordered by Hainan that they did not take but were painted in Vistara colors in the hopes that Vistara might actually buy it. These planes are ready to be delivered (to any customer who wants them) but are lying in Boeing's airport.

My speculation is that during TRUMP's VISIT TO INDIA this month, an announcement will be made that Vistara is buying the referenced 4 787s assuming:

a) Boeing offered Vistara one heck of deal that they can't refuse (to cement their relationship with Vistara and to get the aircraft off Boeing's back), and

b) There is an even an iota of truth in the Bloomberg story (link below)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... t-emirates
Last edited by edealinfo on Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SVJ77W

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:05 pm

edealinfo wrote:
This is BS from the very start.

1. India has exhausted all its bilateral flying rights to Dubai. So how can anyone start India to Dubai?

2. East West ceased as a company. Its not that you can make it alive overnight. If someone wanted to start an airline, they might as well start from scratch.

3. You need to acquire 20 aircraft before flying overseas.

Yes, I totally agree, total BS. These people forwarding it with such passion and momentum have no clue these requirements in place. They were like you wait and see. Oh well, they will eventually realise.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:11 pm

airboss787 wrote:
Continental had firm plans to launch EWR-BLR before they merged with United. I can definitely see that route happening in the next couple of years if not sooner.

If this route can be achieved technically, I think it might materialize. Of course United could also consider Washington DC (IAD) to BLR as an alternative assuming this is technically feasible as well. Which aircraft could do these routes? [IAD - BLR and EWR - BLR].

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:21 pm

qf789 wrote:

This link below will provide more context
Air India flight from Pune damaged as pilot forces early takeoff after spotting jeep, man on runway
https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/air-i ... 306651.htm

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:25 pm

"The Gautam Adani-led group's bids for the airports of Jaipur, Guwahati and Trivandrum are yet to be approved by the union cabinet as the three are stuck in legal hurdles."

Does anyone know what the legal hurdles are? With regard to Trivandrum, I believe it is a political not legal hurdle as teh State Government doesn't want t to be privatized. What are the issues with Jaipur and Guwhati?

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/adani ... 300831.htm

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:28 pm

SpiceJet Q3 profit included assumption of Rs 246-crore compensation from Boeing. Had SpiceJet not recognised these expenses as other income, it would have posted a loss of Rs 168.5 crore for Q3FY20.

https://www.cnbctv18.com/aviation/spice ... 307501.htm

hohd

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:29 pm

subramak1 wrote:
Malayil wrote:
[url][/url]
Adipocere wrote:
Is there any precedent of an international airline servicing BLR while not already servicing one of India’s premier cities in DEL, BOM, CCU or MAA?

Not sure I would say CCU or MAA are above BLR as metros in India. MAA maybe 20 years ago and CCU maybe 35 years ago...

KK

Even with the diversified manufacturing, BLR has a bigger economy than MAA and more important - far higher premium yields than MAA. In India the Tier 1 cities now are DEL, BOM and BLR. A notch below that at are MAA and HYD, CCU and AMD another notch below that. BLR surpassed MAA may be a decade ago and even HYD is ahead of CCU in yields.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:46 pm

For more perspective:
American Airlines to offer new flights to India "from an unlikely place": Seattle

https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/a ... 737070002/

1. American is adding the daily service to the southern India technology center not from Dallas, Chicago or one of its other big hubs, but from Seattle, where it has a small presence.

2) Bangalore is the the No. 1 destination AA's top corporate customers have been requesting for more than two years.

3) American's Boeing 787s can make the trip from Seattle, unlike from its Dallas and Chicago hubs.

4) American hopes to draw a mix of local and connecting traffic in Seattle with Alaska, which has more than 350 daily flights from the city.

5) strong demand from San Francisco to Bangalore; Alaska has 14 daily flights from San Francisco to Seattle. "You multiply it across Alaska's 1,300 daily flights and suddenly you can see the power

6) American and Alaska aren't counting on Bangalore to be an immediate success because India is still a developing airline market from the United States, and other airlines, including Delta and United, are also adding flights, if not yet to Bangalore. This is really AA's long-term strategy.

7. U.S. and foreign carriers currently offer nonstop flights to India from New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago and San Francisco but none to Bangalore.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:48 pm

hohd wrote:
BLR surpassed MAA may be a decade ago .

Why? IT and a new airport? What else?

SVJ77W

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:49 pm

GoAir has started bookings between Bengaluru and Colombo effective 20th March 2020.

G8 47 BLR 2020 hrs - 2155 hrs CMB
G8 48 CMB 2300 hrs - 0030 hrs BLR

5 weekly flight on Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:06 pm

AirAsia X to start Kuala Lumpur to Ahmadabad 4X weekly

https://newsroom.airasia.com/news/2020/ ... abad-india

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Spicejet resumes Hyderabad-Mangalore.............. for 3rd time............ with 2 daily flights.

Wow, just 20 to 25 minute turnaround on the ground at Mangalore. Is that some kind of record?

What's the traffic between these 2 places? Connections, IT traffic??? Also, doesn't Indigo already operate on the route?

SG1211 HYD0550 - 0720IXE DH4 D
SG1218 HYD1930 - 2105IXE DH4 D

SG1212 IXE0740 - 0855HYD DH4 D
SG1219 IXE2125 - 2255HYD DH4 D

VTORD

Sat Feb 15, 2020 6:04 pm

edealinfo wrote:
My speculation is that during TRUMP's VISIT TO INDIA this month, an announcement will be made that Vistara is buying the referenced 4 787s assuming:

4 787-9s even at list price is an insignificant announcement for a Presidential visit. Expect big bang announcements like the NAMAS-II deal or just plain and simple chest thumping rhetorics given both parties involved. I wouldn't rule out re-iteration of the 2x B777 mods. But no 4 WBs for a private airline ain't happening.

RE: Delta "retaliation" at SEA. IMHO that is just premature speculation. But hey I was wrong about JFK-BOM so what do i know! Personally I think DL has an a/c problem in SEA for this route. I am curious as to how the contracts are spread between the airlines. I have friends in Amazon who use DL for business travel so I was assuming DL has the lion's share of the contracts. It would be interesting to see what effect this has on AI/EK. AS can now route a good number of people from the bay via SEA and a choice of two airports to fly out of.

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:23 pm

VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
AS can now route a good number of people from the bay via SEA and a choice of two airports to fly out of.

" from the bay"
Which are the airports for this?

"a choice of two airports to fly out of"
Which 2 ?

edealinfo

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:33 pm

VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
just plain and simple chest thumping rhetorics given both parties involved. .

This is a good article on just that and how India needs to keep the optics "to keep Trump pleased"

https://www.business-standard.com/artic ... 185_1.html

vadodara

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:01 pm

VTORD wrote:
RE: Delta "retaliation" at SEA. IMHO that is just premature speculation. But hey I was wrong about JFK-BOM so what do i know! Personally I think DL has an a/c problem in SEA for this route. I am curious as to how the contracts are spread between the airlines. I have friends in Amazon who use DL for business travel so I was assuming DL has the lion's share of the contracts. It would be interesting to see what effect this has on AI/EK. AS can now route a good number of people from the bay via SEA and a choice of two airports to fly out of.

Well corporate contracts at likes of MSFT and AMZN involve significant international travel. AS never had recovered after the DL split on this front.

AA has been on back foot at JFK/BOS/ORD and with LATAM deal at MIA. The deal with AS, at very little investment, puts it in play both at SEA and LAX.

Expect AA to cede more domestic and Mexico travel to AS at least till 737Max gets resolved.

killswitch13

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:25 pm

Air Astana to add Almaty-Mumbai service from June

Air Astana will launch a new route between Almaty and Mumbai starting from June 1 this year.
Kazakhstan’s flag carrier will fly the route four times a week, with a flight time around 4.5 hours.
On Mondays and Tuesdays, flights will depart from Almaty at 0705 and arrive in Mumbai at 1105, while the return service from Mumbai will leave at 1205 and land back in Almaty at 1655.
On Thursdays and Saturdays, the outbound flight will depart from Almaty at 2205, and the return leg will leave Mumbai at 0310.
The airline will use an Airbus A320 aircraft on this route, which has 16 business class seats laid out in a 2-2 configuration and 132 economy class seats in a 3-3 configuration.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/business-travel/2020/02/13/air-astana-expands-network-in-india/

YouGeeElWhy

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:40 pm

vadodara wrote:
Expect AA to cede more domestic and Mexico travel to AS at least till 737Max gets resolved.
This is not a joint venture so they cannot work together in that regard.

airboss787

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:27 am

edealinfo wrote:
Spicejet resumes Hyderabad-Mangalore.............. for 3rd time............ with 2 daily flights.

Wow, just 20 to 25 minute turnaround on the ground at Mangalore. Is that some kind of record?

What's the traffic between these 2 places? Connections, IT traffic??? Also, doesn't Indigo already operate on the route?

SG1211 HYD0550 - 0720IXE DH4 D
SG1218 HYD1930 - 2105IXE DH4 D

SG1212 IXE0740 - 0855HYD DH4 D
SG1219 IXE2125 - 2255HYD DH4 D

It's a Dash 8. Shouldn't be too much of an issue. Also, the schedule has enough padding to compensate for any delays with the arrival aircraft. Ryanair has 20-25 min turnaround times for their 737s and they do fine.
Star Alliance Gold

airboss787

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:40 am

edealinfo wrote:
VTORD wrote:
edealinfo wrote:
AS can now route a good number of people from the bay via SEA and a choice of two airports to fly out of.

" from the bay"

Which 2 ?

Bay area airports would probably be SFO and OAK. I would actually also count SJC. More than the Bay, AS and AA will gain an advantage for passengers from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming Area and the central continental US where you have to go to ORD or SFO or EWR or something to go to India. Bay Area and LA area probably won't be affected much unless they are OneWorld loyal or they want to go to BLR itself. I would not choose to fly SFO-SEA-BLR-XXX over SFO-DEL-XXX.
Star Alliance Gold

VTORD

Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:02 am

edealinfo wrote:

" from the bay"

Which 2 ?

SFO and SJC.

airboss787 wrote:
Bay area airports would probably be SFO and OAK. I would actually also count SJC. More than the Bay, AS and AA will gain an advantage for passengers from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana and Wyoming Area and the central continental US where you have to go to ORD or SFO or EWR or something to go to India. Bay Area and LA area probably won't be affected much unless they are OneWorld loyal or they want to go to BLR itself. I would not choose to fly SFO-SEA-BLR-XXX over SFO-DEL-XXX.

Fair assessment. Although I suppose I should have said 3 not 2 airports. I was originally considering SJC not OAK but with Fremont, Pleasanton and San Ramon becoming popular with desis, OAK is an option too.

robolife

Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:16 am

TEMPO wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Amazon's IAD HQ2 just turned out to be a show. It is 25K people, not 50K like earlier promised. The true, Amazon HQ2 turned out to be in Bellevue, WA - suburb of Seattle, backyard of Microsoft. Seattle is undoubtedly the second tech hub after Bay area. Every tech company's second biggest office (apart from Amazon, Microsoft, Boeing's HQs) is in Seattle - Google, Facebook, Apple..the list is endless. These companies all have significant presence in Bangalore too. So, SEA is a far bigger market for India per se compared to IAD. That said, I think to bring in the numbers, connections on both sides are essential. First, serve all the customers going to BLR from West and Central US - This I think AS and AA will do a good job. Bay area, SL City, Denver, even places as far as Texas will be served well. Even the second tier cities which now needed XXX-XXX-Middle East/Europe/Asia-Bangalore will do well. On the other hand, there will be traffic from Seattle going HYD or MAA or other tier 2. I don't know what the connection story BLR will have with these cities.

sabby

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:05 am

voxkel wrote:
edealinfo wrote:

Because SFO-BLR is 350nm longer and will put it at the extreme end of 789 range. UA will need to restrict payload on the west bound, especially in the winter. They may still go ahead and try it if they find enough high yield traffic. If/When they do take those A35Ks or 787neo (assuming newer gen engines available in 5-7 years), SFO-BLR would be the first route UA will put them on. For now, they are happy sharing the profit with LH via FRA and soon to be MUC.

sand26391

Sun Feb 16, 2020 9:05 am

GoAir to commence daily & non-stop flights from Bengaluru to Colombo wef 20 March 2020. Bookings open:-
G8-047 BLR 20:05 CMB 21:55
G8-048 CMB 23:00 BLR 00:30(+1)

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos