Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

kaitak
Topic Author

Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:41 pm

Hello folks and welcome to our second thread of 2020!

Here's a few highlights from the last month:
- CX announces return for summer (4 wkly)
- MS announces its schedules and confirms 4 wkly service to CAI.
- QR to go double daily for summer
- Aer Lingus to acquire an extra A333 from QR, to become EI-EIK, for delivery in March; this will be in addition to the two factory new A330-300s.
- Only one 757 still operating - 'CJX; EI 757 ops to end in May
- Flybe in last ditch rescue deal with UK govt; payment of UK travel tax deferred. The airline is however looking for further assistance
- DUB reaches 32.9m in 2020, putting it in 12th place among EU airports, ahead of the likes of OSL, ORY and ZRH
- NOC and KIR achieve record pax numbers; 807k and 370k respectively
- EI launches new cabin crew uniform, designed by Louise Kennedy

Here's a link to the last thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1438111&start=150

Enjoy - and here's to a successful and positive month ahead!

iRISH251

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Jan 31, 2020 5:55 pm

Speaking of the impending end of 757 operations, there's a fairly active discussion going on in an Irish forum about the performance of the EI A321LRs. It's being suggested that the airline is far from happy with them and that significant payload penalties are being incurred in order to reach some of the current US destinations ex-Dublin. The new runway at DUB will largely solve the issues but it does sound as if, for the moment at least, the A321LR is not quite the perfect 757 replacement for the airline.

ShamrockBoi330

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:41 pm

So Chuck Schumer is writing to EI asking them to plug the hole left at Stewart when Norwegian pulled out. Could this be a good move for EI with the 321LR? What were Norwegians LF like on the route, could it make sense to pick up this route, or would it be dependent on local subsidies to be any way successful?

On Wednesday, Schumer urged Aer Lingus, a flag-carrying Irish airline, to expand and enhance its presence in New York by establishing routes out of Stewart International Airport, specifically to international destinations such as Ireland and Great Britain.

https://hudsonvalleypost.com/schumer-ur ... on-valley/

Galwayman

Fri Jan 31, 2020 7:52 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
Speaking of the impending end of 757 operations, there's a fairly active discussion going on in an Irish forum about the performance of the EI A321LRs. It's being suggested that the airline is far from happy with them and that significant payload penalties are being incurred in order to reach some of the current US destinations ex-Dublin. The new runway at DUB will largely solve the issues but it does sound as if, for the moment at least, the A321LR is not quite the perfect 757 replacement for the airline.

I don’t remember the 757s being competitive enough for Ireland > Lon rotations, doing 4 sectors a day ... those 180 plus seats into London at peak times have got to be more than enough for any short term limitations to obscure American airfields

shamrock350

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:20 pm

iRISH251 wrote:

I’d take a lot of those rumours with a very large pinch of salt but it is worth noting that none of the four A321LR aircraft due this year have appeared on the production list.

The A321LR is a great aircraft but it’s runway performance is well below that of the 757, this wasn’t a secret though so nobody should be surprised it needs an extra bit of runway. It’s performance is also only thought to be an issue in certain conditions, wet runway + wind direction and when a certain runway is a use.

One thing is for sure, the airline has been severely limited by Airbus delays and now it’s dealing with an underperformance of varying degree. They can’t be happy.

At the same time, other airlines seem to be doing fine on longer sectors thanks to decent length runways.

Galwayman wrote:
iRISH251 wrote:

I don’t remember the 757s being competitive enough for Ireland > Lon rotations, doing 4 sectors a day ... those 180 plus seats into London at peak times have got to be more than enough for any short term limitations to obscure American airfields

One flight a day to LHR is nowhere near enough to compensate a brand new multi-million dollar aircraft not fulfilling the role required by the airline.

You regard the likes of PHL, IAD, MSP, BDL and EWR as obscure airfields?!

Galwayman

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:29 pm

BDL = obscure North American airfield

marcogr12

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 pm

Nobody ever believed that there is such a thing as a perfect 757 replacement...Maybe the A321XLR comes close enough but still neither Boeing nor Airbus can ever come up with an exact replacement again
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

ShamrockBoi330

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:51 pm

Galwayman wrote:

One man's obscure North American airfield is another man's gateway to Europe.

Given EI are the only transatlantic carrier present, and the whole idea of the subsidies are aimed for connecting traffic through Dub Hub... anyone any idea what LFs or connecting traffic is like out of BDL.

shamrock350

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:01 pm

Galwayman wrote:

BDL handled 6.7 million passengers in 2018, far from obscure.

BrianDromey

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
One flight a day to LHR is nowhere near enough to compensate a brand new multi-million dollar aircraft not fulfilling the role required by the airline.

Surely it is? The A321LRs aren't flying empty, they have a larger business class cabin than the 757 and much lower operating costs. The airline has, in effect, added one additional narrow body aircraft to the fleet while keeping the headcount the same. 2x daily LHR-DUB and 1x Daily SNN-LHR have released A320s to other Short Haul routes. Admittedly this operational flexibility is traded off against the 757s capabilities, but a few blocked seats in the depths of winter over the Atlantic is a small price to pay and should be more than cancelled out by the extra utilisation, lower fuel burn and 4 additional business class seats on every flight.

shamrock350

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:57 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

Surely it is? The A321LRs aren't flying empty, they have a larger business class cabin than the 757 and much lower operating costs. The airline has, in effect, added one additional narrow body aircraft to the fleet while keeping the headcount the same. 2x daily LHR-DUB and 1x Daily SNN-LHR have released A320s to other Short Haul routes. Admittedly this operational flexibility is traded off against the 757s capabilities, but a few blocked seats in the depths of winter over the Atlantic is a small price to pay and should be more than cancelled out by the extra utilisation, lower fuel burn and 4 additional business class seats on every flight.

My response was to Galwayman's claim that doing the peak LHR rotation somehow offsets any and all shortcomings the aircraft has on the North Atlantic or in his words, to "obscure airfields" in North America. I wasn't comparing the A321LR's abilities, seat count etc. to the 757 as a transatlantic aircraft as there are obvious and well documented advantages on that front.

I personally take the performance rumours with a pinch of salt, they seems to be of varying degree of severity so it's impossible to tell nor suitably comment on them but with that said, the current single daily rotation to LHR would in no way compensate for the most serious of rumoured shortcomings; the claim that EWR is on the edge of its performance, that PHL regularly/always goes out passenger and cargo restricted (120 economy passengers max) and flying to IAD or beyond is currently out of the question off Dublin's current runway. No amount of LHR or freed up A320s would make up for that, particularly in the eyes of IAG who purchased the aircraft based on a clear and confident strategy.

Again, none of the performance rumours can be substantiated so much of this is entirely hypothetical but I certainly wasn't arguing the A321LR was poor, just that the odd LHR rotation doesn't cut the mustard *if* the rumours were true.

Rossiya747

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:32 am

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
So Chuck Schumer is writing to EI asking them to plug the hole left at Stewart when Norwegian pulled out. Could this be a good move for EI with the 321LR? What were Norwegians LF like on the route, could it make sense to pick up this route, or would it be dependent on local subsidies to be any way successful?

On Wednesday, Schumer urged Aer Lingus, a flag-carrying Irish airline, to expand and enhance its presence in New York by establishing routes out of Stewart International Airport, specifically to international destinations such as Ireland and Great Britain.

Norwegian's loads were pretty high on SWF-DUB to the point where they had to go double daily to meet demand.
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL

uconn99

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:03 am

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

One man's obscure North American airfield is another man's gateway to Europe.

Given EI are the only transatlantic carrier present, and the whole idea of the subsidies are aimed for connecting traffic through Dub Hub... anyone any idea what LFs or connecting traffic is like out of BDL.

BDL-DUB had load factors of 96% in June 2019 and 91% in July 2019. Overall the route continues to perform well and has grown by about 3% 2019 vs 2018. During 2019, BDL-DUB-BDL carried 84,965 passengers using 757/A321.

Compared with other medium sized airport transatlantic routes, BDL-DUB is performing well.

The flight does struggle in winter months and is only operated 3x weekly. Spring/Summer/early fall see daily service.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1498708455

https://bradleyairport.com/wp-content/u ... -FINAL.pdf

OA260

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:48 pm

I had a good flight with TK from Dublin to Istanbul in Business. Flight full. Majority flying from Ireland were connections. Tel Aviv seems to still be a popular destination out of Dublin so will be interesting to see how EL AL do when they launch flights from here this year. TK recently won Best European Full Service carrier in the Irish Travel Awards.

Was good to see Croatia Airlines parked next to my aircraft at 200 gates.

TK certainly have the best Dublin to Europe cabin both in J and Y. Thats if you take the Aer lingus A330 AGP/FAO seasonal routes out of the equation.

Swiss business out of Dublin do win on catering though. It will be interesting to see what Helvetic offer as DUB-ZRH gets a full hot meal maybe Swiss will dictate what gets offered on some of the second daily flights out of Dublin. Heres hoping.

EIBPI

Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:25 pm

What flights will Helvetic be operating for Swiss? A quick look at flights in February, August, September and November, and I can only find Swiss operated flights.

Skyblue39

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:33 pm

SN A319 are also operating the Saturday GVA-DUB on behalf of LX

OA260

Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:30 am

Irish executive barred from leaving China over jet-leasing row

Senior Irish aviation leasing executive Richard O'Halloran has been barred from leaving China by Shanghai police for almost a year, the Sunday Independent has learnt.

Sources said the Foxrock businessman had been caught up in a complicated situation involving the Chinese owner of the Dublin-based leasing firm that he works for "through absolutely no fault of his own".

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/i ... 18124.html

—-

Passenger displaying Coronavirus symptoms taken from plane in Dublin Airport

Other passengers on the flight were held for up to an hour before being let go on to their next destinations

A major medical response was put in place after a man on a flight to Dublin Airport showed Coronavirus symptoms.

Medics in protective suits lined out awaiting the flight which Dublin Live understands came from Moscow, Russia and touched down at 9pm.

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/pass ... 674333.amp

shamrock321

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:22 am

Correct me if I’m wrong please but if a passenger in this flight was showing symptoms of the virus is it ok to allow the crew who will have been in contact with him to operate back with a fresh set of passengers?

Galwayman

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:06 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

My response was to Galwayman's claim that doing the peak LHR rotation somehow offsets any and all shortcomings the aircraft has on the North Atlantic or in his words, to "obscure airfields" in North America. I wasn't comparing the A321LR's abilities, seat count etc. to the 757 as a transatlantic aircraft as there are obvious and well documented advantages on that front.

I personally take the performance rumours with a pinch of salt, they seems to be of varying degree of severity so it's impossible to tell nor suitably comment on them but with that said, the current single daily rotation to LHR would in no way compensate for the most serious of rumoured shortcomings; the claim that EWR is on the edge of its performance, that PHL regularly/always goes out passenger and cargo restricted (120 economy passengers max) and flying to IAD or beyond is currently out of the question off Dublin's current runway. No amount of LHR or freed up A320s would make up for that, particularly in the eyes of IAG who purchased the aircraft based on a clear and confident strategy.

Again, none of the performance rumours can be substantiated so much of this is entirely hypothetical but I certainly wasn't arguing the A321LR was poor, just that the odd LHR rotation doesn't cut the mustard *if* the rumours were true.

SNN/DUB >Lon is a far more lucrative market than BDL> Dub could ever be .... the flexibility of extra rotations that the 757 could never provide efficiently is worth a lot more than some loss making marginal seats revenue hit by any stretch of the imagination

b4thefall

Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:13 pm

Has anyone here heard any opinions from the EI cabin crew about working on the A321LR? I'd be interested to hear their opinion on working in the new space flex galley at the rear of the aircraft on trans Atlantic flights. Not all airlines have opted for the space flex layout. Air Transat and a few others have opted for the traditional full size galley at the rear.

EIEIDW

Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:20 pm

EI-DEE just landed in SNN from DUB. Is this for training or a repaint into the new colour scheme?

shamrock350

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:41 pm

Galwayman wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:

SNN/DUB >Lon is a far more lucrative market than BDL> Dub could ever be .... the flexibility of extra rotations that the 757 could never provide efficiently is worth a lot more than some loss making marginal seats revenue hit by any stretch of the imagination

Missing the bigger picture here somewhat. This isn’t an argument about BDL vs. LON but about the investment and business case of the A321LR versus its performance.

The A321LR was purchased by IAG as a North Atlantic aircraft based on a strategy Aer Lingus has been refining for over five years. If, and it’s a big if, the A321LR is underperforming and not totally fulfilling the core task it was purchased for, a couple of rotations a day to LHR isn’t going to make up for that from a business and investment point of view.

b4thefall wrote:
Has anyone here heard any opinions from the EI cabin crew about working on the A321LR? I'd be interested to hear their opinion on working in the new space flex galley at the rear of the aircraft on trans Atlantic flights. Not all airlines have opted for the space flex layout. Air Transat and a few others have opted for the traditional full size galley at the rear.

Most I’ve spoken to personally don’t like it, they find it hard to work in due to the lack of galley space but won’t deny it’a hugely popular with passengers, particularly those who were regulars on the 757 services.

EIEIDW wrote:
EI-DEE just landed in SNN from DUB. Is this for training or a repaint into the new colour scheme?

Painting. One A320 for the last three weekend has been sent down for painting, EI-DVK was first, followed by EI-DVM which retained its retro livery, EI-DEK is currently on its way back and as you mentioned EI-DEE has just gone down there.

EI-ELA is currently being repainted in Dublin as well.

alancostello

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:32 pm

I’ve said something similar before but it bears repeating: EI don’t buy or lease planes for a year or two, they get them as part of 5-20 year strategies for growth and development of both the airline and the airport. The rumours about underperformance are so far just that, if they are true, it won’t be an issue next year when the new runway opens and EI likely knew about potential issues when they ordered them.

When it comes to range, the first A321LRs only had 3 of 4 ACTs fitted, so the LRD-H birds will have further range when again paired with the longer runway.

EI/IAG may be unhappy with Airbus, but I’m sure the majority of it is the delays in delivery as they have said publicly, not unsubstantiated rumours.

OA260

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:12 am

Ryanair Q3 profits up, MAX woes could hit growth plans

Ryanair flew into profit in the group's third quarter thanks to a stronger festive trading period compared with one year earlier, the airline said today.

Ryanair said its profit after tax stood at €87.8m in the three months to December 31, compared with a net loss of €66.1m in the group's third quarter of its 2018/19 financial year.

www.rte.ie/amp/1112728/

iRISH251

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:33 am

Galwayman wrote:
iRISH251 wrote:

In addition to the other comments made, I would add that the 757s were never integrated (or intended to be) into the EI European network and were only pressed into such service on very rare occasions. It's not widely known, perhaps, but when the 757 as a type was still fairly new, Aer Lingus did consider it, in particular for DUB-LHR. The 737-300/400 won out, though, as the 757 was really "too much aeroplane" for such a route. It's also worth noting that the original EI A321s were used on lot on DUB-LHR in their initial years but more recently the A320 has become the dominant type, with the A321 assigned to longer high-demand routes.

EI321

Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:39 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
It's also worth noting that the original EI A321s were used on lot on DUB-LHR in their initial years but more recently the A320 has become the dominant type, with the A321 assigned to longer high-demand routes.

Correct, the original A321s were ordered in the late 90s specifically for LHR flights. They would have had the old EI Business class cabin too.

ShamrockBoi330

Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:03 pm

Seriously? This person either has no job/life, or is using an automated tool to be a nuisance, creating more "noise" and drowning out any other, possibly more valid actual noise complaints. I do recall this person doing this in the past, but it appears to still be ongoing! Does anyone know what the process is to log a complaint? does it require a physical call, or can this person set an auto generated email to a general email?

One person accounted for half of 15,160 noise complaints made to Dublin Airport in 2019

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-n ... s-17677627

S0Y

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:45 am

OA260 wrote:
Ryanair Q3 profits up, MAX woes could hit growth plans

http://www.rte.ie/amp/1112728/

...or maybe MOL can use the MAX issues to turn the tables in his favor as suggested in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1440317
Interesting times for sure

S0Y

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:49 am

shamrock350 wrote:
Most I’ve spoken to personally don’t like it, they find it hard to work in due to the lack of galley space but won’t deny it’a hugely popular with passengers, particularly those who were regulars on the 757 services.

curious about this - whats different between the 757 and 321 from the passenger experience.
I thought the seats were the same, assume the IFE is also......or maybe I am wrong..............

shamrock350

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:34 am

S0Y wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

curious about this - whats different between the 757 and 321 from the passenger experience.
I thought the seats were the same, assume the IFE is also......or maybe I am wrong..............

Probably because everything is new on the A321LR, seats, IFE, mood lighting, WiFi and that ‘new plane smell’ are all factors in creating an overall better experience.

The 757s were knackered on the inside and while they were kept in relatively decent shape, nothing could hide their age.

OA260

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:36 am

Ryanair tables offer to buy more Max jets from troubled Boeing

RYANAIR has tabled an offer with Boeing to buy an unspecified number of Max 10 aircraft from the beleaguered jet maker, according to the carrier's CEO, Michael O'Leary.

It suggests again that Ryanair is quick to capitalise on a crisis to snap up aircraft at competitive prices. Four months after 9/11, Ryanair placed an order for 100 737s.

https://amp.independent.ie/business/iri ... 24130.html

iRISH251

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:22 am

OA260 wrote:
Ryanair tables offer to buy more Max jets from troubled Boeing

RYANAIR has tabled an offer with Boeing to buy an unspecified number of Max 10 aircraft from the beleaguered jet maker, according to the carrier's CEO, Michael O'Leary.

It suggests again that Ryanair is quick to capitalise on a crisis to snap up aircraft at competitive prices. Four months after 9/11, Ryanair placed an order for 100 737s.

https://amp.independent.ie/business/iri ... 24130.html

Ryanair PR.

Fliplot

Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:23 am

Is PR now a bad thing? I would guess that this PR will cost Boeing dearly!

EI321

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:17 pm

Considering the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, does anybody know what bookings are like for the new DUB-HEL-PVG route? I hope it's launch isn't delayed.

The list of Chinese routes that are being affected is getting long: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... rus-crisis

Clydenairways

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:22 pm

EI321 wrote:
Considering the ongoing Coronavirus outbreak, does anybody know what bookings are like for the new DUB-HEL-PVG route? I hope it's launch isn't delayed.

The list of Chinese routes that are being affected is getting long: https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news ... rus-crisis

I'd say Cathay is probably at risk too.

shamrock350

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:34 pm

EI-ELA is out of the paint hanger, second A330 to be painted in the new livery addition to the two new A330s sitting in TLS and BRU, six A320s, two Avro’s and the four A321LRs, one of which is at the XFW flight line.

Also rumoured on another forum is that a former Air France A380 is coming to Knock for scrapping on Friday! No idea of the reliability of that information but would be quite the sight if true. Eirtrade operate a scrapping facility in Knock.

RandWkop

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:45 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
S0Y wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

Probably because everything is new on the A321LR, seats, IFE, mood lighting, WiFi and that ‘new plane smell’ are all factors in creating an overall better experience.

The 757s were knackered on the inside and while they were kept in relatively decent shape, nothing could hide their age.

Engines on the A321 are probably much quieter than the 757. Makes a difference to jet lag. The cabin is a little wider also.

tonystan

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:02 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
EI-ELA is out of the paint hanger, second A330 to be painted in the new livery addition to the two new A330s sitting in TLS and BRU, six A320s, two Avro’s and the four A321LRs, one of which is at the XFW flight line.

Also rumoured on another forum is that a former Air France A380 is coming to Knock for scrapping on Friday! No idea of the reliability of that information but would be quite the sight if true. Eirtrade operate a scrapping facility in Knock.

Sounds like the perfect addition to a certain glamping Park!
My views are my own and do not reflect any other person or organisation.

OA260

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:36 pm

shamrock350 wrote:

How much of the fleet by type is in new livery. Noticed about 5 on the ground today. 3 Main pier and 2 at South Gates.

shamrock350

Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:53 pm

OA260 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

How much of the fleet by type is in new livery. Noticed about 5 on the ground today. 3 Main pier and 2 at South Gates.

A333 - 4/10 - Including EI-EIM & EI-EIN in BRU and TLS respectively.

A332 - 0/5

A321LR - 4/4 - Including EI-LRD in XFW

A321 - 0/3

A320 - 6/34

Avro RJ85 - 2/2

ATR 72/42 - 0/12

A total of 16 aircraft are painted in new colours, 13 in full service and 3 awaiting entry into service.

OA260

Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:18 pm

shamrock350 wrote:
OA260 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:

A332 - 0/5

A321 - 0/3

A320 - 6/34

Avro RJ85 - 2/2

ATR 72/42 - 0/12

A total of 16 aircraft are painted in new colours, 13 in full service and 3 awaiting entry into service.

Thanks its gaining pace . Noticed a non EI livery ( In Cityjet ) operating the LCY recently .

aerlingusa330

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:40 pm

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:

Not a chance. With BDL and JFK established, SWF wouldn't do well. Nice try Chuck.
Shamrock 136 heavy cleared for takeoff runway niner.

kaitak
Topic Author

Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:37 pm

RandWkop wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
S0Y wrote:

Engines on the A321 are probably much quieter than the 757. Makes a difference to jet lag. The cabin is a little wider also.

I can certainly vouch for that; I was very pleasantly surprised at the quietness of the cabin at takeoff; reminded me of an A380!

As to painting, what is the next A330 to go into the paint shop? Presumably they'll want a few more painted before the peak summer season.

EI321

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:45 pm

OA260 wrote:
shamrock350 wrote:
OA260 wrote:

A332 - 0/5

A321 - 0/3

A320 - 6/34

Avro RJ85 - 2/2

ATR 72/42 - 0/12

Thanks its gaining pace . Noticed a non EI livery ( In Cityjet ) operating the LCY recently .

Technically all 4 remaining Cityjet Avros are operating for EI now, although it seems to be mostly the two in EI livery flying daily with the other two being used as backups. Would be nice to see all 4 painted into the new livery but I assume they will decide on replacing them before that happens.

VanBosch

Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:49 pm

I wonder how long City plan to keep the Avro’s going, having 2 spares for 2 aircrafts worth of flying is a bad sign.

jrfspa320

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:24 am

I guess cityjet offered their services at a good price. Long term i would imagine they may look at Stobart E190s, or even ATR 72s which are already in EIR service. Even with the Air Nostrum merger the CRJs are no good for LCY.

IrishLessor

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:43 am

The Avrojet has been mostly banned at LCY and Cityjet from memory got extra time to operate the aircraft until 2021/2. Swiss implemented the A220 quite deliberately at the time to meet with the ban. Once the Avro is finished at LCY, Cityjet will need to have an alternative machine for the route...

HTCone

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:48 am

VanBosch wrote:
I wonder how long City plan to keep the Avro’s going, having 2 spares for 2 aircrafts worth of flying is a bad sign.

Are they still operating a rotation to CDG for AF?

kaitak
Topic Author

Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:13 am

Not during the winter; the extra AF services are being operated by Hop. During the coming summer, it's all mainline (A32X). There's a new morning AF service, arriving here at about 7.20 and leaving at 8.05 and then, a late afternoon service operated by a 318.

OA260

Wed Feb 05, 2020 8:39 am

A good flight with SK yesterday DUB-ARN in SAS Plus. The flight was full looked like majority were point to point from Dublin. Was nice to get the retro.

—-

With Irish elections coming up do we expect any changes to policy in Irish Aviation or are things pretty much going to stay the same ? Are there any major differences in policy between them?

Ryanair rapped over low emissions claims

Claims made by Ryanair about its carbon emissions have been banned by the UK's advertising watchdog.

Europe's biggest airline by passenger numbers had billed itself as the region's "lowest emissions airline" and a "low C02 emissions airline".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-51372780

The ads had been running on various TV channels over the last few weeks.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos