Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Galwayman
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:57 pm

shamrock321 wrote:
VFRonTop wrote:
Galwayman wrote:

I bet they’re going really really cheap ,,, they’d be stupid not to take a look and kick the tires , even they were previously hoping to go all A330-300

Best decision ever by EI to stick withA330,,, so much availability everywhere


It's definitely a buyers market at the moment for widebodies. Those Air Italy birds are also GE engined which fits nicely for EI. They are between 15 and 17 years old

EI-GFX
EI-GGO
EI-GGP
EI-GGR



All older than the current oldest EI A330-300 surely they wouldn’t want to take on such old birds?


Because ->
1. Cheap
2 . Profit = Revenue - Expenditure , always
3. They previously been opportunistic in fleet acquisitions and it’s worked out ok for them
 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9931
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:21 pm

There is an Atlas 744F parked on the 600s at Dublin Airport .I thought it might have been waiting for freight, but it appears that it might be here for a while . The airline is reported to be close to bankruptcy: the last of its freighters has apparently already landed
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:22 pm

EI apparently want to get away from -200s though? Do they have the capacity to take 1 or 2 A330s in addition to the A321LRs they are planning to get? EI have been opportunistic with fleet acquisition - but they have added steadily. 4 A330s and 3A321LRs would be a hell of a lot for next year.

EI321 wrote:
Aer Lingus to reconsider transatlantic flights from Cork.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingn ... 81347.html

Would the apparent performance issues with the A321LR not be an issue?

12 A321LRs is a lot, even with 2 based at Shannon. I’m sure there is a list of routes EI would like to serve, I’d be surprised if ORK, NOC and/or Belfast aren’t somewhere on that list. The order of the list is, of course, total conjecture. Sounds like it’s steady away for Cork, for now. EI clearly aren’t happy about AMS and CDG, but when they enter the IAG JV, via LHR with BA wont be “leaking” anything.
 
iRISH251
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:56 pm

kaitak wrote:
There is an Atlas 744F parked on the 600s at Dublin Airport .I thought it might have been waiting for freight, but it appears that it might be here for a while . The airline is reported to be close to bankruptcy: the last of its freighters has apparently already landed


It arrived from Rota (Spain) a day or two ago. As of right now there are six Atlas 747 freighters tracking on FR24, including some outbound from the USA.
 
User avatar
alancostello
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:08 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
12 A321LRs is a lot, even with 2 based at Shannon. I’m sure there is a list of routes EI would like to serve, I’d be surprised if ORK, NOC and/or Belfast aren’t somewhere on that list. The order of the list is, of course, total conjecture. Sounds like it’s steady away for Cork, for now. EI clearly aren’t happy about AMS and CDG, but when they enter the IAG JV, via LHR with BA wont be “leaking” anything.


It's only 8 A321LRs, three delivered, one imminent, and the other four I believe by the end of the year. Then 6 A321XLRs from 2023.
 
Galwayman
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:14 pm

Re USA > ORK , it could be an interesting experiment to split the current SNN > USA flights in two rotating between SNN and ORK ( onwards to LHR) every second day to see if there’s an overall boost to yield and revenue . Obvs ORK doesn’t have preclearance but that’s easily solved with buses .

Can cabin crew do USA > SNN/ ORK > LHR in one shift ?
 
dstc47
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 1999 3:53 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:42 am

Looks like that the Portrush Airshow for 2020 is to be cancelled due to local authority funding cuts.
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:35 am

alancostello wrote:
It's only 8 A321LRs, three delivered, one imminent, and the other four I believe by the end of the year. Then 6 A321XLRs from 2023.

So 14 overall, that will be quite the fleet! Can EI really go from 2 757s at DUB to 12 A321s? Are there that many route within the range of it?

Galwayman wrote:
Re USA > ORK , it could be an interesting experiment to split the current SNN > USA flights in two rotating between SNN and ORK ( onwards to LHR) every second day to see if there’s an overall boost to yield and revenue . Obvs ORK doesn’t have preclearance but that’s easily solved with buses .

Can cabin crew do USA > SNN/ ORK > LHR in one shift ?


There would be blue murder in the midwest if SNN lost some capacity to Cork. The likely king-makers in the next government have explicitly said they want to see regional airports grow. While I would love to see a viable transatlantic service from Cork, I think SNN has its own market and EI (and/or others) should continue to serve it. EI have a net increase of 8 narrow-body long haul aircraft arriving by the middle of the decade, some current a321 routes might well grow-into A330s too. If economic growth on both sides of the Atlantic continues and the country manages to promote growth in the regional cities the Transatlantic from Cork could work. I think a realistic aspiration would be a daily A321 service split between NYC/BOS and possibly YYZ.

I don't think agreements would allow US-ORK-LHR in one go. I think the duty hours might be OK, but working an overnight with an early arrival might be the issue. Both ORK and SNN are crew bases for both cabin and flight crew, AFAIK. So complex W patterns for crew shouldn't be needed - but EI crew do cover other bases as needs dictate and that includes nightstops - I've had SNN crew and DUB crew on ORK-LHR over the years.
Last edited by BrianDromey on Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 24471
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:38 am

High Court rejects Ryanair challenge over payment of strike compensation
Airline had been told to compensate 10 passengers for flight cancellations due to strikes

Ryanair has lost its High Court bid to overturn decisions requiring the airline to pay compensation to ten passengers over flight cancellations due to strike action by its Irish-based pilots.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.4171649

---

Does Ryanair’s next CMO need to garner some brand love for the no-frills airline?

Earlier this week, Ryanair’s longtime chief marketing officer Kenny Jacobs decided to step down to “pursue other challenges”. The architect of the airline’s ‘Always Getting Better’ strategy has transformed its online presence and customer service, but whoever steps into his shoes will face a fresh challenge: cumulating brand love in a market where being cheap is no longer a compelling selling point.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2020/02/12/ ... ls-airline

---


EI LRA repositioned DUB-SNN as EI 2111 today.
 
iRISH251
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:38 pm

Ex-AF A380 that was due into NOC tomorrow for dismantling reportedly now deferred again.
 
User avatar
alancostello
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
alancostello wrote:
It's only 8 A321LRs, three delivered, one imminent, and the other four I believe by the end of the year. Then 6 A321XLRs from 2023.

So 14 overall, that will be quite the fleet! Can EI really go from 2 757s at DUB to 12 A321s? Are there that many route within the range of it?


Absolutely they can, but there’s no guarantee DUB will have 12, I wouldn’t be surprised to see SNN-ORD make a comeback.

The XLR in particular will open up routes that haven’t been considered viable on an A330 as it’s range from DUB is essentially the entire US. DUB-DEN/YVR/LAS are just the obvious ones that stick out but I’d imagine there are a lot of Bradley-like regions that may see their first transatlantic service.
Last edited by alancostello on Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
BrianDromey
Posts: 2740
Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:23 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 2:09 pm

alancostello wrote:
BrianDromey wrote:
alancostello wrote:
It's only 8 A321LRs, three delivered, one imminent, and the other four I believe by the end of the year. Then 6 A321XLRs from 2023.

So 14 overall, that will be quite the fleet! Can EI really go from 2 757s at DUB to 12 A321s? Are there that many route within the range of it?


Absolutely they can, but there’s no guarantee DUB will have 12, I wouldn’t be surprised to see SNN-ORD make a comeback.


It's certainly going to be an interesting one to watch, a lot of the routes could be Ryanair-style places we haven't heard much of, but offer strong incentives and good latent demand from the US side to Europe. I think a lot will depend on how the economy goes on both sides of the Atlantic, the effect of EI joining the AA/BA JV and how many A330s they can add to the fleet. There are certainly a lot of opportunities in the summer but they could have a lot of slack A330 capacity in the winter, assuming the A321s fill in on lower demand routes in the winter.

There has been a lot of focus on the LR/XLR fleet and the A330s, but there has been no movement on the long-term replacement for the A330s or ageing A321ceo and -CVx A320s, especially.
 
User avatar
alancostello
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:26 pm

BrianDromey wrote:
There has been a lot of focus on the LR/XLR fleet and the A330s, but there has been no movement on the long-term replacement for the A330s or ageing A321ceo and -CVx A320s, especially.


The A330 replacement strategy is 10+ years away, more than half the fleet is under 12 years old with 6 aircraft under 4 years old and the oldest birds being replaced in the next year or two (and being held to for 20+ years). Further growth is the name of the game for the foreseeable future and it will come from either the A330neo or opportunistic acquisition of A330ceos coming on the market as we've seen them do over the last few years with the ex-QR birds.

Similar story for the narrowbodies but just on a shorter scale, probably in ~5 years time, there's no major rush and realistically it'll be out of EI's hands, IAG will throw aircraft EI's way from existing orders as necessary or as proven worthwhile and profitable.
 
User avatar
IrishTexan
Posts: 148
Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:24 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:10 pm

OA260 wrote:

EI LRA repositioned DUB-SNN as EI 2111 today.


Already enroute to JFK as EI111 and due to arrive shortly. EI has resumed SNN-JFK almost a month earlier than last year.
 
EINA320
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:57 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Interesting find on the Aer Lingus route map on their website. It shows routes from Cork to BRU and FCO. Are these expected to be launched soon?
It also shows a connection from SNN to DUB?
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 5456
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:58 pm

EINA320 wrote:
Interesting find on the Aer Lingus route map on their website. It shows routes from Cork to BRU and FCO. Are these expected to be launched soon?
It also shows a connection from SNN to DUB?


Likely hasn’t been updated in years. The airline route map is becoming increasingly irrelevant now airlines offer so many routes, code shares and interline options directly in the booking engine.
 
User avatar
alancostello
Posts: 289
Joined: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:00 pm

EINA320 wrote:
Interesting find on the Aer Lingus route map on their website. It shows routes from Cork to BRU and FCO. Are these expected to be launched soon?
It also shows a connection from SNN to DUB?


Is this the route map you're talking about: https://www.dynamicroutemaps.com/aerlingus-drm-2019/? The one that shows the only US routes being DUB-JFK/BOS/ORD/MCO? If so, it's obviously very out of date.
 
User avatar
shamrock350
Posts: 5456
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 12:38 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:31 am

EI-EIN had its second flight on Friday, likely a customer acceptance flight.

Image

F-WWCH Airbus A330 Aer Lingus * Last A330-300 !!* by @Eurospot, on Flickr

Named, St Dallan and the last passenger A330-300 from Airbus.
 
HTCone
Posts: 161
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:10 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:09 am

Galwayman wrote:
shamrock321 wrote:
VFRonTop wrote:

It's definitely a buyers market at the moment for widebodies. Those Air Italy birds are also GE engined which fits nicely for EI. They are between 15 and 17 years old

EI-GFX
EI-GGO
EI-GGP
EI-GGR



All older than the current oldest EI A330-300 surely they wouldn’t want to take on such old birds?


Because ->
1. Cheap
2 . Profit = Revenue - Expenditure , always
3. They previously been opportunistic in fleet acquisitions and it’s worked out ok for them


I thought EI can barely crew the A330s they already have? With the A330 fleet growing by 2 frames minimum and the 320 fleet growing by 4 minimum this year I’d have doubts as to whether they could take them even if they wanted them. Then there’s the engineer shortage too. Unless it is to replace EILAX or DAA of course, with EIEWR allegedly being replaced by EIEIK.
 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9931
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:48 am

Any word on LOT flights, or is that not happening now? Probably too late for this summer season?

As to EI and its crewing requirements, I understand pilot recruitment is proceeding quite quickly; the A320/330 similarities mean that the conversion between these two types can happen quite quickly. New A320 SOs are being taken as more senior ones move to the 330s. I suspect their training department is quite busy at the moment!
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 24471
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:18 am

Gardaí investigate theft of jet fuel at Dublin Airport
Two airline employees are suspected of stealing up to €10,000 worth of Aer Lingus fuel

www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/g ... -1.4176711



Shannon Airport calls for regional fund access

The ceo of the Shannon Group has called on Government to allow Shannon Airport to access funds from the State's regional airport programme.

Addressing Clare County Council's February meeting, Mary Considine said that currently, five airports have access to funds from the programme but Shannon is not one of them.

https://amp.independent.ie/business/sha ... 66438.html
 
User001
Posts: 1085
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2016 2:18 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 8:26 am

Ethiopian will once again change the intermediate stop on its Dublin terminator flights from 30th March. Will now go via VIE rather than BRU, but still 3 weekly.
 
EI321
Posts: 5065
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:39 am

What exactly is Ethiopians current schedule into DUB, including the 777 refueling flights? It's hard to keep up with how often they change them!
 
Fliplot
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:18 pm

Good question - what are LOTs plans for DUB? Connections could be interesting!
 
iRISH251
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:18 pm

EI321 wrote:
What exactly is Ethiopians current schedule into DUB, including the 777 refueling flights? It's hard to keep up with how often they change them!


If you want to work out the schedule, the flight-tracking websites such as FR24 or Flightaware will show the flights, which transit from around 0400 local in the mornings. Two or three flights per day variously using B77L/A359/B788 equipment at the moment.
 
Skyblue39
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:34 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:34 pm

User001 wrote:
Ethiopian will once again change the intermediate stop on its Dublin terminator flights from 30th March. Will now go via VIE rather than BRU, but still 3 weekly.


But it will go to 4 weekly from 07JUN20
 
cc47
Posts: 126
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:02 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:20 pm

Will DUB-VIE be bookable as a 5th freedom route?
 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9931
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:59 pm

I believe that this is currently being negotiated.

Something else to look forward to: Etihad is planning to fly 787-10s to Dublin in June:
Etihad Airways during the month of June 2020 is adjusting Abu Dhabi – Dublin service, as the airline schedules Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner service. The 787-10 will replace previously planned 787-9 from 01JUN20 to 25JUN20.

EY045 AUH0245 – 0800DUB 781 D
EY046 DUB0935 – 2005AUH 781 D

As far as I'm aware, EY will just have the daily service. They're not planning any afternoon flights, as in previous years.

So, with ET, AC, AA and UA, that makes five 787 operators; could have been six with Juneyao, but sadly that's not happening.

On the debit side, Flybe's future seems to have been thrown into doubt as the new Chancellor is apparently against the plan to support Flybe, by deferring APT. Even that concession might not be sufficient to help BE, but if it is pulled we may see things unravel very quickly for them.

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/A ... graph.aspx
 
Eirules
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:05 pm

kaitak wrote:
I believe that this is currently being negotiated.

Something else to look forward to: Etihad is planning to fly 787-10s to Dublin in June:
Etihad Airways during the month of June 2020 is adjusting Abu Dhabi – Dublin service, as the airline schedules Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner service. The 787-10 will replace previously planned 787-9 from 01JUN20 to 25JUN20.

EY045 AUH0245 – 0800DUB 781 D
EY046 DUB0935 – 2005AUH 781 D

As far as I'm aware, EY will just have the daily service. They're not planning any afternoon flights, as in previous years.

So, with ET, AC, AA and UA, that makes five 787 operators; could have been six with Juneyao, but sadly that's not happening.

On the debit side, Flybe's future seems to have been thrown into doubt as the new Chancellor is apparently against the plan to support Flybe, by deferring APT. Even that concession might not be sufficient to help BE, but if it is pulled we may see things unravel very quickly for them.

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/A ... graph.aspx



Don’t forget QR fly the 788 to DUB too
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
Skyblue39
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:34 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:01 pm

Eirules wrote:
kaitak wrote:
I believe that this is currently being negotiated.

Something else to look forward to: Etihad is planning to fly 787-10s to Dublin in June:
Etihad Airways during the month of June 2020 is adjusting Abu Dhabi – Dublin service, as the airline schedules Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner service. The 787-10 will replace previously planned 787-9 from 01JUN20 to 25JUN20.

EY045 AUH0245 – 0800DUB 781 D
EY046 DUB0935 – 2005AUH 781 D

As far as I'm aware, EY will just have the daily service. They're not planning any afternoon flights, as in previous years.

So, with ET, AC, AA and UA, that makes five 787 operators; could have been six with Juneyao, but sadly that's not happening.

On the debit side, Flybe's future seems to have been thrown into doubt as the new Chancellor is apparently against the plan to support Flybe, by deferring APT. Even that concession might not be sufficient to help BE, but if it is pulled we may see things unravel very quickly for them.

https://www.morningstar.co.uk/uk/news/A ... graph.aspx



Don’t forget QR fly the 788 to DUB too


WestJet also use B789 Calgary-Dublin
 
EI321
Posts: 5065
Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:43 pm

Also Hainan had planned to be back to Beijing this summer with the 787 although this still has not been officially confirmed and is likely on hold due to the corona outbreak?
 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9931
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:30 am

Gosh, yes, I forgot those two ... so, yes, Dreamliner city this summer!

I don't expect to see any Chinese carrier here this summer. I thought Hainan was completely out of here. Juneyao will hopefully be back next year, along with CX! With any luck, we might see some of Qatar's 787-9s!
 
Eirules
Posts: 1944
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 5:17 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:05 pm

kaitak wrote:
Gosh, yes, I forgot those two ... so, yes, Dreamliner city this summer!

I don't expect to see any Chinese carrier here this summer. I thought Hainan was completely out of here. Juneyao will hopefully be back next year, along with CX! With any luck, we might see some of Qatar's 787-9s!


Being reported on twitter in the last few minutes that Hainan are gone bust so seems a definite nail in that coffin
The way you cut your meat reflects the way you live....
 
wexfordflyer
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:09 pm

kaitak wrote:
Gosh, yes, I forgot those two ... so, yes, Dreamliner city this summer!

I don't expect to see any Chinese carrier here this summer. I thought Hainan was completely out of here. Juneyao will hopefully be back next year, along with CX! With any luck, we might see some of Qatar's 787-9s!


What happened that Juneyao are not now starting this year?
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.
 
User avatar
shamrock604
Posts: 2198
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:27 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:15 pm

wexfordflyer wrote:
kaitak wrote:
Gosh, yes, I forgot those two ... so, yes, Dreamliner city this summer!

I don't expect to see any Chinese carrier here this summer. I thought Hainan was completely out of here. Juneyao will hopefully be back next year, along with CX! With any luck, we might see some of Qatar's 787-9s!


What happened that Juneyao are not now starting this year?


Nothing. Still planned for Apr 29th at this point.
 
iRISH251
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:20 pm

wexfordflyer wrote:
kaitak wrote:
Gosh, yes, I forgot those two ... so, yes, Dreamliner city this summer!

I don't expect to see any Chinese carrier here this summer. I thought Hainan was completely out of here. Juneyao will hopefully be back next year, along with CX! With any luck, we might see some of Qatar's 787-9s!


What happened that Juneyao are not now starting this year?


The impact of Coronavirus on travel from/to/within China is huge. No one yet knows how this will play out.
https://in.reuters.com/article/china-he ... NKBN20D126
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:03 pm

Eirules wrote:

Being reported on twitter in the last few minutes that Hainan are gone bust so seems a definite nail in that coffin


Eh hang on a sec. what's that now?
 
wexfordflyer
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:48 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:23 pm

iRISH251 wrote:
wexfordflyer wrote:
kaitak wrote:
Gosh, yes, I forgot those two ... so, yes, Dreamliner city this summer!

I don't expect to see any Chinese carrier here this summer. I thought Hainan was completely out of here. Juneyao will hopefully be back next year, along with CX! With any luck, we might see some of Qatar's 787-9s!


What happened that Juneyao are not now starting this year?


The impact of Coronavirus on travel from/to/within China is huge. No one yet knows how this will play out.
https://in.reuters.com/article/china-he ... NKBN20D126


Ah ok, I'm aware of the CV situation, but nothing has been said about Juneyao not launching this year... yet.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.
 
VFRonTop
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:01 pm

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Being reported on twitter in the last few minutes that Hainan are gone bust so seems a definite nail in that coffin


Eh hang on a sec. what's that now?


There are strong rumours that Hainan may very soon be taken over by the CN government and either wound-down, chopped up and sold off, or absorbed into one of the state carriers.
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:04 pm

VFRonTop wrote:
ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
Eirules wrote:

Being reported on twitter in the last few minutes that Hainan are gone bust so seems a definite nail in that coffin


Eh hang on a sec. what's that now?


There are strong rumours that Hainan may very soon be taken over by the CN government and either wound-down, chopped up and sold off, or absorbed into one of the state carriers.


Have these not been swirling for a period of time now? or have they gathered steam again, has something more recent happened to trigger these again, more than Coronavirus?
 
VFRonTop
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Wed Feb 19, 2020 4:24 pm

ShamrockBoi330 wrote:
VFRonTop wrote:
ShamrockBoi330 wrote:

Eh hang on a sec. what's that now?


There are strong rumours that Hainan may very soon be taken over by the CN government and either wound-down, chopped up and sold off, or absorbed into one of the state carriers.


Have these not been swirling for a period of time now? or have they gathered steam again, has something more recent happened to trigger these again, more than Coronavirus?


Swirling yes, but it seems to have come to a head. Reports are now confirmed by multiple reputable sources on Weibo. Announcements are expected very soon.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 24471
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:50 am

The Munich plane crash hero Harry Gregg deserves to have Belfast International Airport renamed after him

www.newsletter.co.uk/news/opinion/lette ... 883780?amp



Ryanair appeals ruling pilots did not defame airline

Ryanair has begun an appeal of a High Court ruling that three pilots did not defame the airline.
In December 2017, Ryanair lost a defamation case it had taken against the pilots, John Goss, Ted Murphy and Evert van Zwol, in relation to an email issued in 2013.

www.rte.ie/amp/1116285/
 
iRISH251
Posts: 810
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:56 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:28 pm

Ex-AF A380 due to fly DRS-NOC this afternoon. https://www.flightradar24.com/AFR373S/23ed422b
 
Fliplot
Posts: 275
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2019 2:23 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:25 pm

Anyone hear how the new EI uniform is behaving in service?
 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9931
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:09 pm

I have spoken to a few and generally it is going down very well, though some don't like the three-quarter length sleeves. That said, it looks very well and very smart.
 
User avatar
AmricanShamrok
Posts: 2233
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:03 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Nice video of the A380 landing at NOC here:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.4179894
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 24471
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:32 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
Nice video of the A380 landing at NOC here:
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.4179894


Sad to see it scrapped though. I flew this LHR-CDG when they had the training flights.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 24471
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:41 am

Aer Lingus passenger plane forced to make emergency landing at Dublin after an ‘animal strike’ during take-off

www.thesun.ie/news/uk-news/5117381/aer- ... e-off/amp/



Cork Airport retains title as Ireland's most punctual airport
Cork Airport has once again been crowned Ireland's most punctual airport for 2019.

Research from global aviation analysts OAG revealed Cork Airport retained its position as Ireland’s most punctual airport in 2019, with an on-time performance of 83.7%.

www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-Airport-r ... fb0007b-ds
 
JAmie2k9
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:36 pm

Juneyao confirm suspension of SIN until further notice and I would probably take that until March 2021 .
 
kaitak
Topic Author
Posts: 9931
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 1999 5:49 am

Re: Irish 2/20: February made me shiver ...

Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:48 pm

You mean Shanghai?! (I had actually forgotten they were flying to PVG instead of Beijing).

Hopefully this issue will be well sorted by then. And CX will be back, too.

You have to feel sorry for poor CX; just when they thought that things would get back to normal after the student protests, they get hit by this! Not a good year for them!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos