User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Turkish Aviation February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:14 pm

Hello there Turkish aviation fans,



Let me start things off with few current topics:
-In a few days we will see a new TK commercial, during the Superbowl in Miami.
-In recent big news TK is moving its mainline out of SAW, to base only Anadolujets there. And the Anadolujet fleet is to go up to 57 frames.
-SHGM (Directorate ofTurkish Civil Aviation) will no longer grant any further slots to Istanbul'sSabiha Gökçen (SAW) due to the present day congestion. Hopefully this will be only temporary till the new runway is operational (second half of 2020).
-TK suspended flights to 4 mainland Chinese destinations due to lack of demand/coronavirus epidemic. Let's see how bad this will eventually effect the world economy in general in the coming weeks/months.
-In February TK will be operating Istanbul – Port Harcourt – Malabo – Istanbul triangle routing, on board Boeing 737-900ERs.
-TC-LOL 333 at Port harcourt incident back in IST and active duty.
-TK got its 7th 787. 8th and 9th frames are still at KPAE after 3-4 test flights and due to be delivered toward the end of February. Any ideas why??? For example a JAL 787 which rolled out 2 weeks after the TK 787, will be delivered today.
-Finally, Atlasjet 330s left, 2 x 321s remain in the fleet, rumors of 2 x777s coming??

Please continue with your views, news, photos, rumors and good old sense of humor. No personal attacks/political nonsense.
Thanks for your continued participation in this very civil discussion threads for all these years :)

***You can find last month's thread here: Turkish Aviation January 2020
 
KirkSeattle
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:32 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:24 pm

LOL ...I just posted this in January thread, so I'm re-posting since that thread will be achieved.

I figured this would be the best place for a question I have after playing around FR24.

Turkish Airlines flight from PVG- FRU (Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan) TK 6475 departing 4:15am (scheduled). A330 aircraft.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk6475

Turkish Airlines flight from CAN- FRU TK 6539 Depart 4:50 am A330 aircraft

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/tk6539

Both flights continue on to IST and were last flown Jan 25th. Looks like its a once a week routing. I tried dummy bookings to see if they run an eastbound IST-FRU-CAN/PVG but did find anything. What would be the purpose of these flights out of curiosity? Any insight would be appreciated.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24106
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:27 pm

Those China-FRU-IST flights are cargo services.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
KirkSeattle
Posts: 336
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:32 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:31 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Those China-FRU-IST flights are cargo services.


Ugh, I knew the answer would be simple. Very much appreciated!
 
AirAY
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:14 pm

Thank you for the new Thread TK787

So the leased Boeing 737–800 are going to be delivered.
• ex EI-ESR Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZJ AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI-ESZ Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZK AnadoluJet (del. 31/01/2020)
• ex EI-ESY Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZL AnadoluJet (del. 21/01/2020)
• ex LN-NGU Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZM AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN-NGO Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZN Turkish Airlines (del. 15/11/2019
• ex LN–NGQ Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZO AnadoluJet (del. 23/01/2020)
• ex LN–NGS Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZP AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGV Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZS AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI–EVZ Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC–JZU AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGW Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–... AnadoluJet (stored)
 
Blerg
Posts: 3202
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:22 am

LAXintl wrote:
Those China-FRU-IST flights are cargo services.


The other thread got locked so I have to thank you for BEG numbers here. :)
 
LLA001
Posts: 210
Joined: Sun May 08, 2005 7:36 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:17 am

I have a question about new Istanbul airport's coverage in Flightradar24

I used to see airplanes taxiing from gates to the runway, but I cannot see any ground traffic now. I can see landing aircraft and airplane taking off, I was wondering if they limited the coverage for the airport ?
 
User avatar
AirbusA343
Posts: 328
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:38 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:18 am

LLA001 wrote:
I have a question about new Istanbul airport's coverage in Flightradar24

I used to see airplanes taxiing from gates to the runway, but I cannot see any ground traffic now. I can see landing aircraft and airplane taking off, I was wondering if they limited the coverage for the airport ?

It doesn't show ground coverage for me on Sundays or everyday after 6pm GMT.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23908
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 10:42 am

Had a great trip DUB-IST-DUB last week. Flight out was on B738 and back A321. Great service both ways and decent meals.

IST was pretty empty even the lounges were light. That made for a nice experience. Just one thing I noticed was more legroom and a slightly different seat on the B738 compared to the 321.

A few pics :


Image
.
Image
.
Image
.
Image
.
Image
.
Image
.
Image
.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:44 am

LLA001 wrote:
I have a question about new Istanbul airport's coverage in Flightradar24

I used to see airplanes taxiing from gates to the runway, but I cannot see any ground traffic now. I can see landing aircraft and airplane taking off, I was wondering if they limited the coverage for the airport ?

AFAIK, there needs to be a ADS-B receiver near the airport to be able to see the ground traffic, most likely some common volunteer citizen. Since the area near IST is lightly populated there are no aviation geeks with this gear. We get to see the ground traffic just because someone at IST turns on a receiver during regular business hours and when they go home they turn it off.
Maybe someone can explain better.
 
MoonC
Posts: 315
Joined: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 11:59 am

LLA001 wrote:
I have a question about new Istanbul airport's coverage in Flightradar24

I used to see airplanes taxiing from gates to the runway, but I cannot see any ground traffic now. I can see landing aircraft and airplane taking off, I was wondering if they limited the coverage for the airport ?


Uhm, I am watching FR24 now and planes can be seen taxiing too.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:54 pm

MoonC wrote:
Uhm, I am watching FR24 now and planes can be seen taxiing too.

You were lucky :) They are gone home for the day, it is off again.
 
User avatar
TK105
Posts: 590
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:56 pm

Probably the guy uses his own computer to upload aircraft data from ADS-B receiver to FR24 remote servers in the back ground while he does his job and turns his computer off when he leaves office.
The future is in the skies.
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:53 pm

An ACT Airlines Boeing 747-400F TC-MCT suffered a tailstrike on takeoff from Dammam, Saudi Arabia.

Image

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPwlDfnXsAAT1fO?format=jpg


Image

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EPwlDf4WoAEbsWN?format=jpg
mercure f-wtcc
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Sun Feb 02, 2020 5:35 pm

And still was able to take off with all that friction :) Incredible.
By the way; OA260, thanks for the photos from your DUB-IST trip, I guess I am due for some TK trips :)
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:38 am

 
Blerg
Posts: 3202
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 6:44 am

Personally I don't like the ad, they had better ones. The ending seems a bit rushed. Idea is good though.
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23908
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:26 am

TK787 wrote:
By the way; OA260, thanks for the photos from your DUB-IST trip, I guess I am due for some TK trips :)


Welcome . Im hoping to catch the A350 this year also :)
 
AirAY
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:32 am

As last month written by Blerg, the two ex Adria Airways Airbus A319–132 msn 4282 OE–IKE (S5–AAP) and msn 4301 OE–IKF (S5–AAR) will definitivly go to AirSerbia. What‘s going on TK? First they don‘t taken up the 4 ex Thomas Cook Airbus A321–211 and now ntu of the 2 ex Adria Airways Airbus A319–132?
 
Blerg
Posts: 3202
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:08 am

AirAY wrote:
As last month written by Blerg, the two ex Adria Airways Airbus A319–132 msn 4282 OE–IKE (S5–AAP) and msn 4301 OE–IKF (S5–AAR) will definitivly go to AirSerbia. What‘s going on TK? First they don‘t taken up the 4 ex Thomas Cook Airbus A321–211 and now ntu of the 2 ex Adria Airways Airbus A319–132?


Not only that but I was told by people in JU that they couldn't get those JP planes because they were already taken by TK. A few weeks later they are coming to JU, seems like TK changed their mind.
 
YYZORD
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:13 am

Any update on YVR?
 
robcol99
Posts: 202
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:59 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:57 pm

Blerg wrote:
AirAY wrote:
As last month written by Blerg, the two ex Adria Airways Airbus A319–132 msn 4282 OE–IKE (S5–AAP) and msn 4301 OE–IKF (S5–AAR) will definitivly go to AirSerbia. What‘s going on TK? First they don‘t taken up the 4 ex Thomas Cook Airbus A321–211 and now ntu of the 2 ex Adria Airways Airbus A319–132?


Not only that but I was told by people in JU that they couldn't get those JP planes because they were already taken by TK. A few weeks later they are coming to JU, seems like TK changed their mind.


My guess is that with TK mainline withdrawal from SAW, the 15 some frames (A320 and 738) will move back to IST and therefore no additions to mainline would be necessary.

They only need high density config 738s for AJet.
 
Blerg
Posts: 3202
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:08 pm

Could be but I thought they generally needed smaller planes for certain routes, especially in winter. For example I noticed that the A319 is quite common to KRR in winter. I wonder how well TK performs there since in winter they have 5 weekly flights compared to Pegasus' 7.
 
AirAY
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:17 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:14 pm

AirAY wrote:
Thank you for the new Thread TK787

So the leased Boeing 737–800 are going to be delivered.
• ex EI-ESR Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZJ AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI-ESZ Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZK AnadoluJet (del. 31/01/2020)
• ex EI-ESY Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZL AnadoluJet (del. 21/01/2020)
• ex LN-NGU Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZM AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN-NGO Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZN Turkish Airlines (del. 15/11/2019
• ex LN–NGQ Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZO AnadoluJet (del. 23/01/2020)
• ex LN–NGS Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZP AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGV Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZS AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI–EVZ Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC–JZU AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGW Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–... AnadoluJet (stored)


Put LN–NGV to the List it was delivered as TC–JZS to AnadoluJet (del. 04/02/2020). But some sources said it was LN–NGW.

Btw. TC–JUI Airbus A320-232 msn 2401 has left TK‘s Fleet (03/02/2020) and will be scrapped at DGX. This Plane was nearly 15 Years old and was leased from Aircastle
 
debonair
Posts: 3691
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:50 am

Some updates for Corendon: https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... expansion/

Corendon Airlines (XC) again with A320 this summer (return of Global Aviation Operations?) and Corendon Airlines Europe (XR) with A320 and B757-200 :alert: ! Any idea from which source?
 
aytdxb
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:18 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:30 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Any update on YVR?


starting 3 x weekly on 9th june with 787 as per the article.

sorry, in turkish

https://www.airporthaber.com/thy-haberl ... liyor.html
 
hiflyeras
Posts: 2127
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Planning a trip from MEX-IST and noticed a stop in CUN on the way eastbound. Do they have 5th Freedom rights on this route? Looking forward to our first trip on TK and will be in business class so hopeful for a nice trip!
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 1:49 pm

hiflyeras wrote:
Planning a trip from MEX-IST and noticed a stop in CUN on the way eastbound. Do they have 5th Freedom rights on this route? Looking forward to our first trip on TK and will be in business class so hopeful for a nice trip!

I doubt TK has 5th freedom rights. Have to stop and refuel in CUN due to MEX begin high altitude. Bon Voyage.
 
YYJTurkman
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:16 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:36 pm

aytdxb wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
Any update on YVR?


starting 3 x weekly on 9th june with 787 as per the article.

sorry, in turkish

https://www.airporthaber.com/thy-haberl ... liyor.html



I have been waiting for this for years. (Decades actually ) This is great. Booking is also available on their website.
But, the prices are quite high. Return ticket around $2800 CDN wow.

Thanks for sharing.
 
behramjee
Posts: 5034
Joined: Sat Aug 02, 2003 4:56 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:37 pm

Turkish Airlines officially opens for sale new YVR-IST services using a B789 effective 09Jun

Days 2/4/7

TK 075 Dep IST 1405 Arr YVR 1550
TK 076 Dep YVR 1720 Arr IST 1450+1

I can bet you the top feeder market for this new service will be Tehran.
 
Turkish350XWB
Posts: 485
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:23 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:50 pm

Next step: daily to YYZ & YUL & YVR
 
User avatar
OA260
Posts: 23908
Joined: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:59 pm

Plane splits in two after skidding off Istanbul runway

http://news.sky.com/story/plane-splits- ... y-11926970
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 3:59 pm

Pegasus jet overruns runway, doesn't look good :(
I've checking the weather conditions all morning @ IST and even though the winds are not that bad, there were thunderstorms, low ceiling and such.
Also noticed bunch of planes destined for SAW circling over Istanbul, now we know why.
Initial reports say no casualties. Hard to believe looking at the pictures.
Last edited by TK787 on Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
leftyboarder
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Apr 13, 2008 3:38 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:03 pm

This is how many overruns by either PC or TK in the last few years? Didn't we have one in SAW just last month? Is SHGM not doing proper oversight with pilot training or is this just bad luck?
 
User avatar
calstanford
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:06 pm

leftyboarder wrote:
This is how many overruns by either PC or TK in the last few years? Didn't we have one in SAW just last month? Is SHGM not doing proper oversight with pilot training or is this just bad luck?


The former.

A ton of growth in recent years does that to you. Quality drops when you can't magically grow a talented pilot pool to man your hundreds of planes.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 4:24 pm

Watching it live on CNN TURK; looks like the front section is upside down :(
It would be unbelievable that there would be no casualties.
https://www.cnnturk.com/canli-yayin
 
NonTechAvLover
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:05 pm

I fly in and out of Istanbul (the city, not the airport) a few times every month and use SAW and Pegasus for some of those flights. Trabzon and now SAW x 2 for a total of three runway overruns in a couple of years is a bit too much for my taste and I will stop flying Pegasus for a while. The news that TK is moving out of SAW is bad news for people like me, it means very little opportunity to use SAW now and I found it to be the better option compared to the all too large new Istanbul Airport, though it does help one’s exercise totals through long walks. Also, Pegasus is moving towards thin ice, I think. I assume I am not the only one losing confidence in them.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:21 pm

NonTechAvLover wrote:
I fly in and out of Istanbul (the city, not the airport) a few times every month and use SAW and Pegasus for some of those flights. Trabzon and now SAW x 2 for a total of three runway overruns in a couple of years is a bit too much for my taste and I will stop flying Pegasus for a while. The news that TK is moving out of SAW is bad news for people like me, it means very little opportunity to use SAW now and I found it to be the better option compared to the all too large new Istanbul Airport, though it does help one’s exercise totals through long walks. Also, Pegasus is moving towards thin ice, I think. I assume I am not the only one losing confidence in them.

I guess many people will think the same after those 3 runway incidents. Pegasus is very lucky not to have casualties.
TK mainline is moving out but AnadoluJet will have up to 57 jets based at SAW in the near future. Starting mid March AnadoluJet ( TK's Low Cost branch) will take over TK's mainline operations at SAW with very competitive prices compared to PC.
 
NonTechAvLover
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:25 pm

TK787 wrote:
NonTechAvLover wrote:
I fly in and out of Istanbul (the city, not the airport) a few times every month and use SAW and Pegasus for some of those flights. Trabzon and now SAW x 2 for a total of three runway overruns in a couple of years is a bit too much for my taste and I will stop flying Pegasus for a while. The news that TK is moving out of SAW is bad news for people like me, it means very little opportunity to use SAW now and I found it to be the better option compared to the all too large new Istanbul Airport, though it does help one’s exercise totals through long walks. Also, Pegasus is moving towards thin ice, I think. I assume I am not the only one losing confidence in them.

I guess many people will think the same after those 3 runway incidents. Pegasus is very lucky not to have casualties.
TK mainline is moving out but AnadoluJet will have up to 57 jets based at SAW in the near future. Starting mid March AnadoluJet ( TK's Low Cost branch) will take over TK's mainline operations at SAW with very competitive prices compared to PC.


Thanks for the info, but will AnadoluJet fly international routes? IIRC, TK had some European flights in/out of SAW. In particular, I think I took TK from FRA to SAW, Will AnadoluJet fly those European routes? Thank you.
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:30 pm

NonTechAvLover wrote:
Will AnadoluJet fly those European routes? Thank you.

AFAIK, these are some of the routes starting in mid March:
"Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Bağdat, Bahreyn, Bakü, Barcelona, Berlin Tegel, Brüksel, Dammam, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Cidde, Kuveyt, Medine, Milano, Münih, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Riyadh, Rome, Stuttgart, Tblisi, Tehran, London, Tel Aviv and Vienna"
 
NonTechAvLover
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:09 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:36 pm

TK787 wrote:
NonTechAvLover wrote:
Will AnadoluJet fly those European routes? Thank you.

AFAIK, these are some of the routes starting in mid March:
"Abu Dhabi, Amsterdam, Bağdat, Bahreyn, Bakü, Barcelona, Berlin Tegel, Brüksel, Dammam, Dubai, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Cidde, Kuveyt, Medine, Milano, Münih, Paris Charles de Gaulle, Riyadh, Rome, Stuttgart, Tblisi, Tehran, London, Tel Aviv and Vienna"

Thank you. Looks like I may still have some SAW options! What do you know about the AnadoluJet fleet/pilots etc.? And the FF program, one should not forget that either, are the part of the Star Alliance through TK?
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 5:42 pm

Anadolujet is a part of TK; pilots, jets, maintenance, Star Alliance, FF program, Lounges and all.
You will get minimum miles I'm afraid. Just looked at a fare yesterday domestic and AnadoluJet gives you 3 different fare points which were all "V" class with different amount of miles accrued.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Posts: 24106
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:03 pm

With YVR being official now, let's see how many years it will take to increase YYZ and YUL to daily.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4606
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:40 pm

Poor SAW. The second runway cant come soon enough.
mercure f-wtcc
 
alan3
Posts: 420
Joined: Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:13 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Wed Feb 05, 2020 11:53 pm

Couple of other links in English confirming YVR-IST:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/vancouv ... h-airlines
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... june-2020/

Surprised it's only being announced now, in February for start in June
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 2924
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:03 am

hiflyeras wrote:
Planning a trip from MEX-IST and noticed a stop in CUN on the way eastbound. Do they have 5th Freedom rights on this route? Looking forward to our first trip on TK and will be in business class so hopeful for a nice trip!


TK is not allowed to sell MEX-CUN.

It’s not 5th freedom. It’s 8th freedom, and is called cabotage, and is not allowed.

Most of the countries in the world do not allow cabotage by foreign carriers. (an EU carrier in another EU country being an obvious exception)
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
YYZORD
Posts: 486
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:37 am

Does the YVR flight connect to SEA and PDX thru AC?
 
User avatar
Mystic
Posts: 82
Joined: Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:04 am

Will the international Anadolu Jet flights have IFE and meal service as on TK? Or the same product as their domestic operations?
Former HeyTK
 
User avatar
TKflyer
Posts: 14
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:35 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:57 am

OA260 wrote:
Plane splits in two after skidding off Istanbul runway

http://news.sky.com/story/plane-splits- ... y-11926970


Another sad day for Turkish Aviation RIP/ALLAH rahmet eylesin
 
User avatar
TK787
Topic Author
Posts: 4343
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:43 am

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 12:24 pm

Mystic wrote:
Will the international Anadolu Jet flights have IFE and meal service as on TK? Or the same product as their domestic operations?

I doubt that the Ajet flights will have IFE. Just think "Norwegian", maybe drop down screens, whatever they have at the moment and food service.
Domestic Ajet goes international.
Here is my question.... When TK "Red Tails" leaves SAW, what will happen to the Lounges at SAW?? Will they still be there for M&S and Star Alliance pax? My gut feeling is Yes, but I am not sure.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos