Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

TK787
Topic Author

Re: Turkish Aviation February 2020

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:46 pm

So, after suspending the mainland China services what is TK doing with the extra 77W capacity?
AFAI can see, nothing. Maybe too short of a time, maybe no demand.

alan3

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:00 pm

YYZORD wrote:
Does the YVR flight connect to SEA and PDX thru AC?

I presume yes, as a Star Alliance partner.

Also, since YVR has no ME3 carriers, it is a major opportunity for TK can capture a lot of that connection traffic to places like India and the Middle East.

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:12 pm

What's going on at SAW again?
TK LGW-SAW
Anadolujet Adiyaman-SAW
Pegasus ADB-SAW
back to back go arounds.

and now ESB-SAW changed its course for a go around during final approach.

EDIT: I guess, weather again. Wind from 35018G30knots and low visibility and rain and congestion :( And all people are being extra cautious, I hope.

mict

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:37 am

YYZORD wrote:
Does the YVR flight connect to SEA and PDX thru AC?

Currently no but I suspect it's just a matter of time before they change their codeshare agreement with AC (and AS) since you can already connect to SEA via YYZ with AC and ORD with AS.

Blerg

Fri Feb 07, 2020 6:05 am

TK787 wrote:
TK LGW-SAW
Anadolujet Adiyaman-SAW
Pegasus ADB-SAW
back to back go arounds.

EDIT: I guess, weather again. Wind from 35018G30knots and low visibility and rain and congestion :( And all people are being extra cautious, I hope.

Makes you wonder if they chose a bad location for SAW. Wasn't there a more favorable location for it? How is the wind situation at the new IST? From what I remember winds weren't such a major problem at the old airport.

TKflyer

Fri Feb 07, 2020 8:25 am

Is this true, TK is changing the Regs for their A350. The first one, msn 403 will be TC–LGA instead of TC–LPA

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:10 pm

Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:
TK LGW-SAW
Anadolujet Adiyaman-SAW
Pegasus ADB-SAW
back to back go arounds.

Makes you wonder if they chose a bad location for SAW. Wasn't there a more favorable location for it? How is the wind situation at the new IST? From what I remember winds weren't such a major problem at the old airport.

-Istanbul is a city of 15+Million people and there are not that many open spaces to build airports.
-ISL, IST and SAW are probably around 70km of each other.
-Around Istanbul the dominant wind throughout the year comes from N, NE.
-During this last accident wind was blowing from 270, which in Istanbul's historical data only happens 21 days of the year. Pegasus jet was landing on runway 04. Winds from 040 blows 153 days of the year. ( For runway/wind direction throughout the year comparison)
-Between ISL, IST, SAW runways are 16/35 and 6/24.
-SAW was built 20 years ago, has more yearly pax than many European cities like Vienna, Dublin, Zurich, Copenhagen and so far only two recent Pegasus runway overruns accidents.

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Feb 07, 2020 12:42 pm

TKflyer wrote:
Is this true TK is changing the Reg of their A350‘s?
The first one, msn 403 will be TC–LGA instead of TC–LPA

Welcome to a.net :)
I am not sure, but yes I see both. I guess we will find out in a month :)

Blerg

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:17 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:
TK787 wrote:
TK LGW-SAW
Anadolujet Adiyaman-SAW
Pegasus ADB-SAW
back to back go arounds.

-Istanbul is a city of 15+Million people and there are not that many open spaces to build airports.
-ISL, IST and SAW are probably around 70km of each other.
-Around Istanbul the dominant wind throughout the year comes from N, NE.
-During this last accident wind was blowing from 270, which in Istanbul's historical data only happens 21 days of the year. Pegasus jet was landing on runway 04. Winds from 040 blows 153 days of the year. ( For runway/wind direction throughout the year comparison)
-Between ISL, IST, SAW runways are 16/35 and 6/24.
-SAW was built 20 years ago, has more yearly pax than many European cities like Vienna, Dublin, Zurich, Copenhagen and so far only two recent Pegasus runway overruns accidents.

What if they built the new IST on the southern side of the peninsula on the European side? Would the weather conditions be more favorable in that case?

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:18 pm

Blerg wrote:
What if they built the new IST on the southern side of the peninsula on the European side? Would the weather conditions be more favorable in that case?

I do not know the first thing about building mega projects or favorable weather conditions for airport location choices :)
From what little sources I know, I copy and paste some ideas.
I guess you are asking if it would have been a better idea to build a new IST size airport on the Southern European side of Istanbul, in terms of favorable weather?
-First; the closest, large enough, area would have been somewhere between BuyukCekmece and Silivri.
-The weather might have been slightly favorable there.
-Selfishly thinking, It would have been similar distance or even a bit closer to my home-base in Istanbul than the current IST.
-The option to get there by boat would have been awesome.
-When building such a huge transportation hub, I would have considered how close the location is to the nearest earthquake fault lines. And a Southern European site would have been very close to such a line.

That is all I can speculate. But, I am somewhat hopeful in my lifetime that we will see a 4th airport in Istanbul, probably someplace near what you are suggesting.
IST begin the mega hub, SAW being the Asian side "city airport" with 2 runways, ISL for GA, VIP and a 4th airport for the European side of Istanbul with 1 or 2 runways.

Blerg

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:36 pm

TK787 wrote:
Blerg wrote:

I do not know the first thing about building mega projects or favorable weather conditions for airport location choices :)
From what little sources I know, I copy and paste some ideas.
I guess you are asking if it would have been a better idea to build a new IST size airport on the Southern European side of Istanbul, in terms of favorable weather?
-First; the closest, large enough, area would have been somewhere between BuyukCekmece and Silivri.
-The weather might have been slightly favorable there.
-Selfishly thinking, It would have been similar distance or even a bit closer to my home-base in Istanbul than the current IST.
-The option to get there by boat would have been awesome.
-When building such a huge transportation hub, I would have considered how close the location is to the nearest earthquake fault lines. And a Southern European site would have been very close to such a line.

That is all I can speculate. But, I am somewhat hopeful in my lifetime that we will see a 4th airport in Istanbul, probably someplace near what you are suggesting.
IST begin the mega hub, SAW being the Asian side "city airport" with 2 runways, ISL for GA, VIP and a 4th airport for the European side of Istanbul with 1 or 2 runways.

Thank you, I guess Istanbul's geographical location means that now that the old IST has been closed down it's literally impossible for the city to have a centrally located airport. Wasn't there an idea some years ago to build an island in the Black Sea where the airport would be placed? Something similar to what the Japanese did. I think it was abandoned due to high costs.

TK105

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:01 pm

Someone posted this photo on Facebook which I want to share with you:

A selfie from first all women cockpit crew long haul TK flight, TK6 ORD-IST on March 29th 2016.

The future is in the skies.

emre787

Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:37 pm

It seems like AnadoluJet will also take over TKs ESB - Europe flight. My sister booked a ticket ESB-FRA and now the flight changed to TK.

Anybody have more information about it? So far only the take over in SAW was actually announced

AirbusA343

Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:37 pm

Have TC-JMM and TC-JMN left TK's fleet? They haven't operated flights in a long while, especially TC-JMM.

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:33 am

Blerg wrote:
Wasn't there an idea some years ago to build an island in the Black Sea where the airport would be placed? Something similar to what the Japanese did. I think it was abandoned due to high costs.

Not for Istanbul but yes for two other places in Turkish Black Sea coast:
-ORDU-GIRESUN airport which has been operating for some time now:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ordu–Giresun_Airport
-And RIZE-ARTVIN will open next year:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rize–Artvin_Airport

TKflyer

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:07 pm

AirAY wrote:
AirAY wrote:
Thank you for the new Thread TK787

So the leased Boeing 737–800 are going to be delivered.
• ex EI-ESR Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZJ AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI-ESZ Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZK AnadoluJet (del. 31/01/2020)
• ex EI-ESY Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZL AnadoluJet (del. 21/01/2020)
• ex LN-NGU Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZM AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN-NGO Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZN Turkish Airlines (del. 15/11/2019
• ex LN–NGQ Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZO AnadoluJet (del. 23/01/2020)
• ex LN–NGS Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZP AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGV Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZS AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI–EVZ Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC–JZU AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGW Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–... AnadoluJet (stored)

Put LN–NGV to the List it was delivered as TC–JZS to AnadoluJet (del. 04/02/2020). But some sources said it was LN–NGW.

Btw. TC–JUI Airbus A320-232 msn 2401 has left TK‘s Fleet (03/02/2020) and will be scrapped at DGX. This Plane was nearly 15 Years old and was leased from Aircastle

Thank you Blerg and AiAY

As planespotters.net reports AnadoluJet‘s Fleet is growing like this

• ex EI-ESR Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZJ AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex EI-ESY Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZL AnadoluJet (del. 17/01/2020)
• ex LN-NGO Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZN Turkish Airlines (del. 17/11/2019
• ex LN-NGU Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZR AnadoluJet (del. 07/02/20205
• ex LN–NGV Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZS AnadoluJet (del. 03/02/2020)
• ex LN–NGS Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–. AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGW Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–... AnadoluJet (stored)

emre787

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:50 pm

emre787 wrote:
It seems like AnadoluJet will also take over TKs ESB - Europe flight. My sister booked a ticket ESB-FRA and now the flight changed to TK.

Anybody have more information about it? So far only the take over in SAW was actually announced

Sry, meant from TK to AnadoluJet

LAXintl

Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:01 pm

Blerg wrote:

Runways directions are built based on historical wind direction. Unfortunately one cannot cover every scenario with a single runway especially during periods of storms when wind directions might vary.

As far as location, SAW was built on land that belonged to Turkish Defense Industries and was part of a broader plan for industrial and technology park on this land. While Asian side of Istanbul certainly had more free land when the airport idea come up in the 1980s, considering Turkish Defense Industries funded the project it made sense to do it on their own land.

For the new IST the two finalist locations were either Silivri along the Sea of Marmara (west of Ataturk airport), or the location was ultimately chosen up by the Black Sea. From my own understanding, two reasons against the site at Silivri was the area was already much more developed with population and land purchase would be more complicated and costly. I suspect no one wanted to also repeat of Ataturk which quickly found itself surrounded on all sides by development. There was also the idea to basically use the land and greatly expand current Corlu airport but it was deemed that was too far away.

For new IST airport as you can see below the historical winds strongly favor the chosen north-south layout

(p.s. keep in mind there is a difference between magnetic and true north - which is about 6 degrees in IST)
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TK787
Topic Author

Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:51 pm

http://www.paineairport.com/images/fl20200207.jpg
Well, that's a beautiful sight; 4 x TK 787s at KPAE.
#9 TC-LLI, #10 TC-LLJ and #11 TC-LLK still need a complete paint job and #8 TC-LLH (From left to right)

Blerg

Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:34 am

LAXintl wrote:
Blerg wrote:

Runways directions are built based on historical wind direction. Unfortunately one cannot cover every scenario with a single runway especially during periods of storms when wind directions might vary.

As far as location, SAW was built on land that belonged to Turkish Defense Industries and was part of a broader plan for industrial and technology park on this land. While Asian side of Istanbul certainly had more free land when the airport idea come up in the 1980s, considering Turkish Defense Industries funded the project it made sense to do it on their own land.

For the new IST the two finalist locations were either Silivri along the Sea of Marmara (west of Ataturk airport), or the location was ultimately chosen up by the Black Sea. From my own understanding, two reasons against the site at Silivri was the area was already much more developed with population and land purchase would be more complicated and costly. I suspect no one wanted to also repeat of Ataturk which quickly found itself surrounded on all sides by development. There was also the idea to basically use the land and greatly expand current Corlu airport but it was deemed that was too far away.

For new IST airport as you can see below the historical winds strongly favor the chosen north-south layout

(p.s. keep in mind there is a difference between magnetic and true north - which is about 6 degrees in IST)

Very interesting, thank you. I guess winds are an issue for a few days a year so it's not such a big handicap at the end of the day.

smb

Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:38 am

Hi. This is my first post on Airliners.net. It has been wonderful following this thread for quite some time now and keeping up with the news of TK. I have a quick question for the people more knowledgeable on TK. I have been taking TK4 and TK108 from JFK to IST and from IST to MED for a few years now. However, it looks like TK108 will not be operating for a few weeks this year from sometime in April until sometime in May. Does anyone know why that is the case? I am planning on flying to MED this year in May and would prefer to fly on TK108 rather than fly to JED and then take another flight from JED to MED. I did check with TK customer support via their website but they were not able to provide any information. Thanks in advance for any input anyone might have.

PapaAlpha

Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:17 am

AirbusA343 wrote:
Have TC-JMM and TC-JMN left TK's fleet? They haven't operated flights in a long while, especially TC-JMM.
Those two bird have very bad interior... kingfisher... with 32C... get reconfigured in 2017...Now they have to be fitted with better seats... or leave the fleet...

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

ankaraflyjet

Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:55 am

It has been very difficult to get YVR approved, do not expect additional slots in Canada YYZ or YUL at least for next five years or so. We have to see AC to reinstate flights to Turkey as a next development and once and if that happens additioal slots by TK will be on the table.

TK is very lucky to step into YVR and I am sure the flights will be very popular, the 3 weekly flights will do quite good in my opinion, can't believe it happened after so much problems on either side throughout out our efforts as Canada Turkey Business Council for more than 6 years now. YVR is a very protected market and the only year-round European operators are LH, BA, KL and AF so TK is going to steal a lot of pax from these airlines definitely not only to Turkey but to Iran most importantly. Vancouver hosts the second largest Persian community in the world outside Iran, number 1 is Los Angeles so with TK's diverse network in Iran TK will offer the best connections.

LAXintl wrote:
With YVR being official now, let's see how many years it will take to increase YYZ and YUL to daily.

grjplanes

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:45 am

According the FR24 some TK flights to JNB and CPT will be operated by 77W next week...is this due to reductions to China, making this available, with maybe some more demand to South Africa?

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:12 pm

grjplanes wrote:
According the FR24 some TK flights to JNB and CPT will be operated by 77W next week...is this due to reductions to China, making this available, with maybe some more demand to South Africa?

After a quick check of TK's 77Ws, I found that out of the 33 77Ws, all are pretty busy except 3 that might be going through some Mechanical checkups.
TC-JJK, TC-JJT, TC-LJC...
77W fleet is doing its usual INT and DOM routes, I don't see anything out of the ordinary with a few exceptions like occasional MED, JED, MAN, TXL
Maybe you could be right and they want to use them to certain routes until they can be put back to service to China.
Not sure, how they deal with Tech services at CPT and JNB, if they have a mechanical issue. Do they replace the TK's Airbus mechanics there or outsource??

emre787

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:09 pm

PapaAlpha wrote:
AirbusA343 wrote:
Those two bird have very bad interior... kingfisher... with 32C... get reconfigured in 2017...Now they have to be fitted with better seats... or leave the fleet...

Envoyé de mon SM-G955F en utilisant Tapatalk

I flew with TC-LNB (the one with Star Alliance livery), also an ex Kingfisher besides LNA too, and the Economy Class wasn't really great... While deboarding I asked the FA if I could have a look into the Business Class and take some photos and surprisingly the purser allowed me to do so. The seats didn't look bad actually, the screens etc. were also in a great shape.

Nevertheless I'm happy that they're also leaving the fleet, both are in ISL right now and I saw a picture of LNA in a white livery a while ago too :)

emre787

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:17 pm

TK787 wrote:
grjplanes wrote:

After a quick check of TK's 77Ws, I found that out of the 33 77Ws, all are pretty busy except 3 that might be going through some Mechanical checkups.
77W fleet is doing its usual INT and DOM routes, I don't see anything out of the ordinary with a few exceptions like occasional MED, JED, MAN, TXL
Maybe you could be right and they want to use them to certain routes until they can be put back to service to China.
Not sure, how they deal with Tech services at CPT and JNB, if they have a mechanical issue. Do they replace the TK's Airbus mechanics there or outsource??

The 77W to Manchester was due to the Storm. I saw the flight approaching MAN on Flightradar24 while looking at other flights. The 777 came because TK cancelled the other flight and packed everyone to the one, that was probably the best way to not having to deal with more diversions etc.

The same with was done with Dublin, the first flight got cancelled and an A333 operated the other second flight of the day.

Surprisingly LHR didn't get any additional wide body and TK operated the A321s normally while cancelling 3 of the 6 daily flights IIRC

AirbusA343

Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:37 pm

emre787 wrote:
TK787 wrote:
grjplanes wrote:

The 77W to Manchester was due to the Storm. I saw the flight approaching MAN on Flightradar24 while looking at other flights. The 777 came because TK cancelled the other flight and packed everyone to the one, that was probably the best way to not having to deal with more diversions etc.

The same with was done with Dublin, the first flight got cancelled and an A333 operated the other second flight of the day.

Surprisingly LHR didn't get any additional wide body and TK operated the A321s normally while cancelling 3 of the 6 daily flights IIRC

TK sent a high density 777-300ER (TC-LKB) to LHR on TK1983/84 filling in for the A321 due to the 3 cancelled flights. And as you said, MAN and DUB got wide bodies due to Storm Ciara. BHX got 2 A321neos today but I'm not sure if that is related to the storm, the afternoon flight seems to usually get A321s on Mondays these days anyway.

TK787
Topic Author

Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:06 pm

Do we know whey today's TK4 is performed by a 787-9??
https://www.flightradar24.com/THY4/23d1faec

Williamsb747

Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:59 am

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/
B777 operating till the end of FEB

Question with the B777 operating now till the end of February and B789 preparing to operate from the 10 of march, is the A333 going to operate CPT for one week?

Williams-
B747>A340>A350>B777>MD11>B767>B757>MD88/90>B787>A380>A330>A220>A320>B737.
CPT JNB

ankaraflyjet

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:26 am

TK is axing ESB LGW and replacing it with AJet ESB STN service from summer timetable. The ESB LGW flights were doing high loads and of course this is not good to see Ankara London sector downgraded to an LCC. As we were expecting frequency increase and even an ESB LHR relaunch this is a very big disappointment. We will concentrate our efforts to have BA reinstate ESB LHR as TK is hopeless with their 'IST only' based expansion policy. Also Pegasus is launching thrice weekly ESB STN from end of March so that will be a challenge for Ajet to compete on that sector;

The announcement is as follows;

AnadoluJet in summer 2020 season is introducing Ankara – London Stansted service, on board Boeing 737-800 aircraft. This route will be served twice weekly, effective from 30MAR20, and replaces existing Turkish Airlines service on Ankara – London Gatwick route.

TK7796 ESB0910 – 1140STN 73H 15
TK7797 STN1240 – 1845ESB 73H 15

TKflyer

Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 pm

As Skylines–Aviation.de reports ex EI-EVY Boeing 737–8AS wl will join the Fleet of AnadoluJet as TC-JZV

LAXintl

Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm

AtlasGlobal stopped all operations again today and will commence a bankruptcy process.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

TKflyer

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:30 pm

Sad News for Turkish Aviation

PANAMsterdam

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:10 pm

After Air Italy, Atlasglobal also is ending its operations.

https://ahvalnews.com/atlasglobal/atlas ... ew-airport

There is no business as brutal as the aviation business!
Every country has an airline. The world has Pan Am.

gokmengs

Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:25 am

THY just tweeted a photo of their newest baby at the factory
https://twitter.com/TK_TR/status/1227909541838323712

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:25 pm

So, it is TC-LGA
I want one :bouncy:
TK can name this first one "TK787" :)

TK787
Topic Author

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:28 pm

By the way, Southwest airlines just removed 737MAX from its schedules till August 10th. Not good for TK or for the whole MAX program :(

OA260

Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:33 pm

gokmengs wrote:
THY just tweeted a photo of their newest baby at the factory
https://twitter.com/TK_TR/status/1227909541838323712

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great :)

Mystic

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:13 pm

The 2 RyanAir 737 that came to Anadolu Jet, will their seats be replaced by TK seats or will they be kept in the same state they arrived in?

mafaky

Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Another view of TK's first Airbus 359.

See: http://wowturkey.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 79#7578379

Same image, with better resolution; see:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437951#p22015161

Registration of this first plane will be TC-LGA.

Estimated delivery: First week of March 2020.
A veteran Electronics & Communications Engineer from Istanbul-Turkey, highly interested in civil and military aviation.

Mystic

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:04 pm

I noticed that a B777 performed the flight to Denpasar yesterday, isnt that unusual?

emre787

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:34 pm

Mystic wrote:
I noticed that a B777 performed the flight to Denpasar yesterday, isnt that unusual?

TK is using their spare 77Ws right now on TK3/4 to JFK (is an A333 flight) and will also commence flying them to CPT and JNB (with tag onto Maputo and Durban) because they were actually assigned to the mainland China flights [PEK, PVG, CAN; (XIY gets A330)] so it is kinda normal right now to see them flying to other destinations like DPS aswell :)

emre787

Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:45 pm

That's the news I was actually really waiting for:

TK is extending it's Newark schedule into Winter 2020, so it will operate year round and not summer only :D

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -into-w20/

Also, triangle route to N'Djamena / Kinshasa is getting upgraded from 737-800 to A330-200

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -may-2020/

TKflyer

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:26 am

I have a few questions.
How many second hand Boeing 737–800 are planned for the MAX gap (for both Turkish Airlines & AnadoluJet)?
And what about this, is TK still looking for leasing of some A321 & A319, or still rumors?

And after the collapse of atlasglobal, Thomas Cook, Monarch etc. are there plans of Turkish Airlines like Pegasus, OnurAir, SunEx, corendon, freebird or even tailwind to enlarge their fleets. We‘ve known for years SunEx and Corendon do this and are also planing for this summer.

gokmengs

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:48 am

emre787 wrote:
That's the news I was actually really waiting for:

TK is extending it's Newark schedule into Winter 2020, so it will operate year round and not summer only :D

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -into-w20/

Also, triangle route to N'Djamena / Kinshasa is getting upgraded from 737-800 to A330-200

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -may-2020/

Good news indeed EWR was missing in TK’s NA network nice to know that its going daily. I am surprised TK didn’t announce more new destinations in the US as they have new 787’s and 350’s arriving. Looking for DTW, SEA, DFW in the future.
Yaşa Mustafa Kemal Paşa Yaşa, Adın Yazılacak Mücevher Taşa

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:46 pm

gokmengs wrote:
Good news indeed EWR was missing in TK’s NA network nice to know that its going daily. I am surprised TK didn’t announce more new destinations in the US as they have new 787’s and 350’s arriving. Looking for DTW, SEA, DFW in the future.

As a NY'er I welcome this news also. Not sure why I thought EWR fares would be cheaper than JFK but they are not. It gives me yet another option to choose from on my travels to IST and also EWR has a lot nicer/faster Customs and Immigration experience, but could have worse delays than JFK.
In terms of new routes for TK; EWR and YVR and also frequency increases for now but I guess we will see more by this time next year.
Also, about TK to get more narrow bodies, I doubt that. If we see 737MAX flying again this year, no need for extra capacity. And lets not forget the consequences of this VIRUS situation. Not a good time to expand IMHO.

TKflyer

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:41 pm

Another Update
• ex EI-ESR Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZJ AnadoluJet (del. 12/02/2020)
• ex EI-ESY Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC-JZL AnadoluJet (del. 17/01/2020)
• ex LN-NGO Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZN Turkish Airlines (del. 17/11/2019
• ex LN-NGU Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZR AnadoluJet (del. 07/02/2020)
• ex LN–NGV Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZS AnadoluJet (del. 03/02/2020)
• ex LN–NGW Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–JZT AnadoluJet (del. 14/02/2020)
• ex EI–EVY Boeing 737–8AS wl to TC–JZV AnadoluJet (stored)
• ex LN–NGS Boeing 737–8JP wl to TC–… AnadoluJet (stored)

TK787
Topic Author

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:29 pm

TK's 8th (TC-LLH) and 9th (TC-LLI) 787s are now marked as "Ready for Delivery" :)
How fast this happens, from years of talk, rumors, to an actual order, to first delivery..... and now a nice size fleet of already 9 frames by next week.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:36 pm

TKflyer wrote:
I have a few questions.
How many second hand Boeing 737–800 are planned for the MAX gap (for both Turkish Airlines & AnadoluJet)?
And what about this, is TK still looking for leasing of some A321 & A319, or still rumors?

And after the collapse of atlasglobal, Thomas Cook, Monarch etc. are there plans of Turkish Airlines like Pegasus, OnurAir, SunEx, corendon, freebird or even tailwind to enlarge their fleets. We‘ve known for years SunEx and Corendon do this and are also planing for this summer.

4 A321-231 (Ex Monarch, TC) will likely likely to join fleet of TK. Planespotters says it will go to B6, but I think it's just a rumor and not confirmed yet.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos