Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

aeromoe
Topic Author

Aspiring SoundCloud rapper coronavirus stunt on WestJet

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:49 am

Being reported by MSN:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/a ... ar-BBZGnRo

I did a cursory search on A.net and found nothing...has this been discussed here yet?

This guy needs to be banned from air travel for life if this is true.
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

crjflyboy

Re: Aspiring SoundCloud rapper coronavirus stunt on WestJet

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:51 am

aeromoe wrote:
Being reported by MSN:

I did a cursory search on A.net and found nothing...has this been discussed here yet?

I agree ... ban him for life

PlymSpotter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:01 am

Wow, what an idiot.

You have to be a special kind of stupid to think that is a good idea
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

dr1980

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:12 am

Interview with the moron: https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=178138376862953

WestJet should sue him for their costs, then the passengers who had their flight disrupted should sue him, and then - even though it won’t matter because he’ll never possess money again - WestJet should ban him for life. Air Canada too for good measure.
Dave/CYHZ

crjflyboy

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:13 am

PlymSpotter wrote:
Wow, what an idiot.

anytime, other than a medical emergency, if your actions cause a flight to be diverted, you are banned from flying commercially forever

Rossiya747

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:57 am

Young Jedi following in the footsteps of Lil Pump
223 319 320 321 332 333 346 388 734 737 738 739 38M 744 752 753 763 764 772 773 77W 788 789 208 CRJ2 E145 E190 UA DL AA WN AC CM 4O AV 2K FI DY D8 SK LH EI FR U2 IB OS LX BA VS BT PS MS SA SW QR EY HY AI 9W TG SQ MH AK D7 QZ BR NH CA QF MI LV/IB VY AL

airportugal310

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:22 am

To the guillotine!!
“They bought their tickets, they knew what they were getting into. I say, let 'em crash.”

crownvic

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:02 am

crjflyboy wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:
Wow, what an idiot.

anytime, other than a medical emergency, if your actions cause a flight to be diverted, you are banned from flying commercially forever

I have a better idea. When some jackass does something like this, banning them for flying for life really doesn't help those that were affected. I say the moron has to reimburse every pax for their ticket cost and the airline for the diversion cost. They cannot fly again until everything is paid.

People today: Taking stupidity and inconsideration to higher levels.

gatibosgru

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:22 am

Sterilize him before he passes his DNA on, we don't need more of him in the world.
@DadCelo

Pudelhund

Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:24 am

aeromoe wrote:
Being reported by MSN:

Do you actually think Westjet has the balls to ban him for life?

I see this response all the time, and it seems like a quip from the peanut gallery, because it is almost never actually on the table.

Whiteguy

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:13 am

Pudelhund wrote:
aeromoe wrote:
Being reported by MSN:

I see this response all the time, and it seems like a quip from the peanut gallery, because it is almost never actually on the table.

They have before and won a law suits months ago against a guy that caused a B767 return to YYC. The person was ordered to pay a portion of the costs.

aemoreira1981

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:39 am

SoundCloud rapper...need the OP say more? Transport Canada should ban him from airplanes for life!

PlymSpotter

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:37 pm

Pudelhund wrote:
aeromoe wrote:
Being reported by MSN:

It happens - last incident I recall was a woman on Jet2 here in the UK. She was banned from flying them for life and ordered to pay £85,000 to cover costs of the diversion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-49017838
...love is just a camouflage for what resembles rage again...

BravoEcho757

Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:43 pm

Anytime the phrase "aspiring rapper" is used you know your not dealing with a Rhodes Scholar. Enjoy Canadian Rail.

tjwgrr

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:28 pm

Wow, they made it all the way to Florida before turning around:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/WJA ... /CYYZ/CYYZ
Direct KNOBS, maintain 2700' until established on the localizer, cleared ILS runway 26 left approach.

BigOrange

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:46 pm

PlymSpotter wrote:
Wow, what an idiot.

That describes most rappers perfectly

ewt340

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:47 pm

I'd say raise his taxes to 80% for the rest of his life.

F27500

Thu Feb 06, 2020 2:55 pm

Sad thing is the he's right .. "any publicity is good publicity for me" .. the fans of trash like this will love him even more and see him as a total hero. Not alotta brain cells in or around rap music.

YYZYYT

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:03 pm

tjwgrr wrote:
Wow, they made it all the way to Florida before turning around:

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/WJA ... /CYYZ/CYYZ

Wow, that must have been an awkward / annoying 2+ hours... I know that the decision to return to YYZ was probably driven b a lot of operational and legal requirements... If there was justice in the world, the flight would have landed somewhere closer, but REALLY inconvenient for him. Like, land in FLA, or better yet on an island, and dump him / turn him over the police there (good luck getting home, with a flying ban).

Here is a serious question for actual aircrew / airline ops professionals: let's say that Mr. "aspiring rapper" pulls a stunt, and the captain elects to return to YYZ. If Mr. AR recants and explains himself, will the diversion ever be cancelled? ie, turn around again and continue, or land, refuel and continue? Or does the captain have to follow through?

I've been on flights diverted by whether, where the diversion was cancelled (that makes sense). Does the same follow for other causes?

I ask because of the other passengers, who were losing a part of their vacation (which they will never be properly compensated for).

Faro

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:27 pm

BravoEcho757 wrote:
Anytime the phrase "aspiring rapper" is used you know your not dealing with a Rhodes Scholar. Enjoy Canadian Rail.

The silver lining being that the wild in Canada can be spectacularly beautiful...maybe that will inspire in him a sense of wonder, humility and ultimately...a modicum of wisdom...

Faro
The chalice not my son

zeke

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:42 pm

This person is very lucky they landed back in Canada. The UN defines terrorism as

"Criminal acts intended or calculated to provoke a state of terror in the general public, a group of persons or particular persons for political purposes are in any circumstance unjustifiable, whatever the considerations of a political, philosophical, ideological, racial, ethnic, religious or any other nature that may be invoked to justify them."

While he thinks it’s was a big joke, I think some people would have been in fear.
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

jimbo737

Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:52 pm

WJ will go after him in a civil case and win. WJ has to set precedent that this sort of behavior results in very serious criminal and civil, (in the pocketbook), consequences.

WJ us now privately held. They aren't concerned with a share price. Onex didn't get where they are today by being jerked around by twits like this.

The jackball already admitted to his idiocy when the CBC interviewer stuck a mic under his nose and he was too stupid to simply say "no comment". He hasn't a hope in court. It'll be at least $100k, and even that doesn't come close to the actual cost of his actions.

They'll be judgement against him for, as long as this nudnik is concerned, the rest of his life.

After paying rent and food, this moron is going to be seriously short of discretionary spending money for a very, very long time.

Seabear

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:06 pm

This "prank" is the equivalent of shouting "fire" in a crowded theater and should be punished accordingly.

zeke

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:08 pm

Seabear wrote:
This "prank" is the equivalent of shouting "fire" in a crowded theater and should be punished accordingly.

I agree
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

zakuivcustom

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:09 pm

Just send him to Wuhan.

Seriously, this is not the time to play around with this kind of prank!

peterinlisbon

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:40 pm

It could have been worse. At least he didn't start singing.

dfwjim1

Thu Feb 06, 2020 6:47 pm

BigOrange wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:
Wow, what an idiot.

Here in Miami rappers are always in the news for shootings, fights, traffic accidents...etc. It gets really old after a while.

OB1504

Thu Feb 06, 2020 7:39 pm

Just give him a free ticket to Wuhan, one way. Think of all the publicity he can get when he actually gets coronavirus!

aeromoe
Topic Author

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:30 pm

peterinlisbon wrote:

:rotfl:
Since 60s: AA AC AS BA BD BF BN BR(85) BY B6 CO CZ(16) DG DL EA EI EN FI FL FT F9 HA HP ICX JI JQ J7 KE KL KS LH MC NW OC OO OZ(87) OZ(88) PA PI PN(97) PT QF QQ RM RO RV(99) RV(16) RW SK SM SQ S4 TI TS TW UA UK US UZ VS VX WA WN WS W7 XV YV YX(13) ZZ 9K

oldJoe

Thu Feb 06, 2020 10:54 pm

aeromoe wrote:
peterinlisbon wrote:

:rotfl:

a smile from me too, but since when a rapper can even sing ? Like other posters already said, send him to Wuhan. Hire a HiFly 380 and send him there as a single pax for promotion and give him the chance for a new career at the new Wuhan hospital. This moron should be ... I better stop here

cirrusdragoon

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:26 pm

And now with an arrest on file , good luck ever being able to work in the USA. Music career down the drain if you cannot cross the USA border.

Kno

Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:48 pm

F27500 wrote:
Not alotta brain cells in or around rap music.

BigOrange wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:
Wow, what an idiot.

BravoEcho757 wrote:

These actions reflect the current look at me any press is good press social media culture, not hiphop culture.

Rappers have innovated some of the most complex and advanced song writing techniques in existence and have made arguably more significant contributions to advance music over the past 30 years than any other genre. Hiphop is a culture full of hundreds of brilliant legends who have positively impacted lives, came from nothing, and were not embraced by society.

Unfortunately those who know little about rap / Hiphop paint the genre as disproportionately negative because that’s what the media pushes. If the headline was aspiring rockstar or actor no one would have a negative thing to say about those aspirations despite plenty of examples of bad behavior in the media connected to those art forms.

ewt340

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:07 am

F27500 wrote:
Sad thing is the he's right .. "any publicity is good publicity for me" .. the fans of trash like this will love him even more and see him as a total hero. Not alotta brain cells in or around rap music.

We called that white rappers.

Ziyulu

Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:44 am

I posted this article yesterday and it got removed.

CBBW

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:41 am

“Aspiring SoundCloud rapper”.
Say no more. :roll:

BravoEcho757

Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:02 pm

Kno wrote:
F27500 wrote:
Not alotta brain cells in or around rap music.

BigOrange wrote:
PlymSpotter wrote:
Wow, what an idiot.

BravoEcho757 wrote:

These actions reflect the current look at me any press is good press social media culture, not hiphop culture.

Rappers have innovated some of the most complex and advanced song writing techniques in existence and have made arguably more significant contributions to advance music over the past 30 years than any other genre. Hiphop is a culture full of hundreds of brilliant legends who have positively impacted lives, came from nothing, and were not embraced by society.

Unfortunately those who know little about rap / Hiphop paint the genre as disproportionately negative because that’s what the media pushes. If the headline was aspiring rockstar or actor no one would have a negative thing to say about those aspirations despite plenty of examples of bad behavior in the media connected to those art forms.

I actually wrote a thesis on the Social History of Heavy Metal and Hard Rock and let me tell you if you want to see idiot behavior, rock is the way to go. Not to go too off topic but the rap genre has done this to themselves. Even you said it, Hip Hop is loaded with legends. The current crop needs to look at what came before them and take notes. I will never discount talent but saying your an aspiring rapper is like saying your an aspiring pilot. It's great that you have a plan and drive but unless you can command an audience or jetliner, it's just dream for now.

YYZYYT

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:25 pm

cirrusdragoon wrote:
And now with an arrest on file , good luck ever being able to work in the USA. Music career down the drain if you cannot cross the USA border.

Just like Paul McCartney, Ozzy Osbourne and Justin Beiber?*

Many countries make exceptions for performers, pro athletes, etc. Sometimes it's a good thing... sometimes not so much.

*Take a good look, it's the only time those 3 will every be mentioned in the same sentence.

crjflyboy

Fri Feb 07, 2020 3:28 pm

another diversion ... This time on UAL flight from Japan

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/anchora ... arges-say/

cirrusdragoon

Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:37 pm

YYZYYT wrote:
cirrusdragoon wrote:

Just like Paul McCartney, Ozzy Osbourne and Justin Beiber?*

Many countries make exceptions for performers, pro athletes, etc. Sometimes it's a good thing... sometimes not so much.

*Take a good look, it's the only time those 3 will every be mentioned in the same sentence.

Actually Justin Beiber already had a green card prior to his arrest, he’s lived in the usa since he was 13. Paul McCartney, Ozzy both have been well established in the usa prior to their arrests as well.

In the case of this wannabe performer, this nobody that has yet to launch a music career , which inevitably could have taken him to the usa to further his career which would mean applying for permits in the usa to work there, has diminished his chances of acquiring these initial permits.

Both the U.S. and Canada make it very difficult for anybody with a criminal record to cross the border. You can be barred from entry for a very wide variety of criminal offenses – even if they seemed to be minor when you were charged. You should also realize that border officers are not trained as lawyers. It is therefore certainly possible that they may misinterpret the law or misapply it to your situation.

Some celebrities that you also may know that have been barred from travel either to the usa or canada include, the late Amy Winehouse from the usa, Boy George from the usa, 50 cent from Canada, Lily Allen from the usa.

Sokes

Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:37 pm

Shouting fire in a theater, terrorism, sterilization, to the guillotine: Why not skin him alive?
Did he admit that it was a prank once the pilot decided to divert? If yes I think the pilot should have reconsidered his decision. If not it's a good idea to make him pay. Specially as he has a financial motive for the joke.
That apart I'm not surprised the hysteria around corona virus leads to such jokes.

"As with other respiratory illnesses, infection with 2019-nCoV can cause mild symptoms including a runny nose, sore throat, cough, and fever. It can be more severe for some persons and can lead to pneumonia or breathing difficulties. More rarely, the disease can be fatal. Older people, and people with pre-existing medical conditions (such as, diabetes and heart disease) appear to be more vulnerable to becoming severely ill with the virus."
https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detai ... onaviruses

I mostly get sore throat when I chew beetlenut.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos