CobaltScar
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:01 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
FYI: No Profit Sharing for B6 employees this year. Last year 0.2 percent Profit Sharing.


You don't consider the 5 percent retirement plus program as profit sharing?



No. Because a huge chunk of their employees dont receive that

And that’s not profit sharing, that’s your retirement plan

Stay informed and know the difference


Oh I know the difference, trust. I agree that profit sharing and retirement benefits need to be decoupled. Pilots need their 15 percent direct contribution to 401k with the 5 percent cliff removed. FAs need a 10 percent direct contribution (or match, if that helps the company swallow it) and the profit sharing (all of it, without a 5 percent cliff straddled to it like was done to the pilots) as a completely separate payout.

I dunno what the other groups need, since they unfortunately live under the shadow of easily being contracted out and cut off.
 
richierich
Posts: 3617
Joined: Sat Nov 04, 2000 5:49 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:03 pm

F27500 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
richierich wrote:

You forgot: zero bankruptcies and zero mergers with other airlines over the past two decades.


The latter will happen sooner than you realize Richierich


And you know this how, exactly? Don't make such cryptic quotes without some form of backup.


He doesn't know, he's simply trying to get under the skin of B6 crewmembers and shareholders. Good luck - there have been B6 naysayers for 20+ years now. I can't speak to whether Jetblue will be here in 20 more years, or even if there will an aviation industry as we know it in 20 years, but I am of the belief that there is nothing on the merger horizon. Yeah, I could be wrong, but if there are people out there that know something, they sure as poop aren't going to come on this site and leave ambiguous messages about it.
None shall pass!!!!
 
11C
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 3:25 pm

richierich wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:
Bluewho wrote:


If my history is correct other than the international bank wasn’t jfk so slow you could go bowling midday on one of the runways? Yeah they got slots we wouldn’t want a new airline to come in and grow an airport or anything. Seems like nobody else cared about JFK.

Schumer and other politicians pushed for them to get the slots to lower air fares and add service to upstate NY.


Except for a slight morning rush and all of the TATL activity in the late afternoon and evening, JFK was very slow for large periods of the day. JetBlue needed Schumer to get the slots (or slot exemptions) that had little interest to other airlines other than potentially trying to thwart a new entrant. With that, B6 held its part of the bargain by flying from JFK to several upstate airports (and with larger-than-regional jets too!) I'd say it worked out for the NYS pols and JetBlue, maybe not the other airlines so much.


The norm was a 5 minute taxi. There was no single engine taxi procedure for quite some time because it was not needed. 13L takeoffs were common.
 
JoseSalazar
Posts: 83
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:43 pm

richierich wrote:
F27500 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

The latter will happen sooner than you realize Richierich


And you know this how, exactly? Don't make such cryptic quotes without some form of backup.


He doesn't know, he's simply trying to get under the skin of B6 crewmembers and shareholders. Good luck - there have been B6 naysayers for 20+ years now. I can't speak to whether Jetblue will be here in 20 more years, or even if there will an aviation industry as we know it in 20 years, but I am of the belief that there is nothing on the merger horizon. Yeah, I could be wrong, but if there are people out there that know something, they sure as poop aren't going to come on this site and leave ambiguous messages about it.

There is a belief out there that now that the T-Mobile Sprint merger was approved, a new wave of consolidation will ensue.
https://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/new ... roval.html
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:25 pm

luckyone wrote:
richierich wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

FYI: No Profit Sharing for B6 employees this year. Last year 0.2 percent Profit Sharing.


You forgot: zero bankruptcies and zero mergers with other airlines over the past two decades.

Not necessarily a fair comparison, given that they've only been around 20 years. When the majors started going through bankruptcy and consolidation, JetBlue had been around only a handful of years (to be precise, 2 years when United filed Chapter 11, and 5 years when Delta filed, etc etc). They don't have the complexity and historical costs of a legacy (I'm not defending them, it's just a fact), and who's to say they wouldn't have pursued bankruptcy with the same cost structure. How many JetBlue employees have retired and draw retirement benefits?


Follow that thought through though. They're competing against legacy carriers who have considerable scale and who consolidated with the benefit of government subsidies to shed their debt and pension obligations. It's an absolutely fair comparison.
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:30 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
FYI: No Profit Sharing for B6 employees this year. Last year 0.2 percent Profit Sharing.


You don't consider the 5 percent retirement plus program as profit sharing?



No. Because a huge chunk of their employees dont receive that

And that’s not profit sharing, that’s your retirement plan

Stay informed and know the difference


Right, because they (Managers and above) are not eligible for profit sharing because they receive merit bonuses. But, as you no doubt no since you're in the loop at JetBlue, JetBlue pays 5% of wages into Retirement Plus, (what used to be called Guaranteed Profit Sharing) for everyone else. The vast majority of crewmembers, over 92% in fact, get Retirement Plus.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5602
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:41 am

catiii wrote:
richierich wrote:
F27500 wrote:

And you know this how, exactly? Don't make such cryptic quotes without some form of backup.


He doesn't know, he's simply trying to get under the skin of B6 crewmembers and shareholders. Good luck - there have been B6 naysayers for 20+ years now. I can't speak to whether Jetblue will be here in 20 more years, or even if there will an aviation industry as we know it in 20 years, but I am of the belief that there is nothing on the merger horizon. Yeah, I could be wrong, but if there are people out there that know something, they sure as poop aren't going to come on this site and leave ambiguous messages about it.


Correct. He doesn't know.



Care to revisit this topic in light of todays events between Alaska and AA? :)
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:55 am

Congratulations to B6! I am not residing in US and have been following its up and down as a fan from far away in Asia.

Not wanting to start a fire, but I am curious to know was B6 the airline Boeing turned down when they were looking to buy/lease new aircraft?
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
F27500
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:36 am

jfklganyc wrote:
catiii wrote:
richierich wrote:

He doesn't know, he's simply trying to get under the skin of B6 crewmembers and shareholders. Good luck - there have been B6 naysayers for 20+ years now. I can't speak to whether Jetblue will be here in 20 more years, or even if there will an aviation industry as we know it in 20 years, but I am of the belief that there is nothing on the merger horizon. Yeah, I could be wrong, but if there are people out there that know something, they sure as poop aren't going to come on this site and leave ambiguous messages about it.


Correct. He doesn't know.



Care to revisit this topic in light of todays events between Alaska and AA? :)


... which is just Alaska joining OneWorld so there can be codeshare agreement between AA and AS in SEA. What has that got to do with B6 ? Nothing.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5602
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:38 pm

F27500 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
catiii wrote:

Correct. He doesn't know.



Care to revisit this topic in light of todays events between Alaska and AA? :)


... which is just Alaska joining OneWorld so there can be codeshare agreement between AA and AS in SEA. What has that got to do with B6Nothing.



If you think a merger isn’t coming you’re deluded

Everything is being streamlined and cut

There is no vision going forward beyond London

Talk to employees about what is going on...And good luck trying to get a Pepsi on your next flight…they only cater every fourth flight now
 
11C
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:47 pm

canyonblue17 wrote:
richierich wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

FYI: No Profit Sharing for B6 employees this year. Last year 0.2 percent Profit Sharing.


You forgot: zero bankruptcies and zero mergers with other airlines over the past two decades.


No mergers - but how much of JetBlue was owned by Lufthansa at one point?

300 million worth, at the time a decent chunk. I don’t remember the percent stake, but it was substantial. Without that infusion, who knows?
 
tphuang
Posts: 3878
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:04 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:14 pm

On the topic of B6 merger, I think that's always a possibility as long as B6 is at its current size and have valuable assets in JFK/BOS. but if you look at possible acquisition partners, none of them really make sense at the current B6 market cap. They are now back at 6.22 Billion in market cap, which is about 1/2 of AAL, 1/3 of UAL and 1/5 of LUV. Since you normally have to do a premium to acquire a competitor that's making money, Would AAL be willing to pay $10 billion when its own market cap is $13 billion? Same with UAL when its market cap is $20 billion. Or LUV when its market cap is $30 billion.

First LUV, their biggest issue right now is MAX and that growing NK threat across all their major focus cities. The most likely airline for LUV to acquire is NK. Sure, it would be anti-competitive, but WN got away with buying out FL. Given that B6's most valuable assets is JFK slots/terminal space and WN's weakness in transcon, international market, I don't see B6 giving them enough value for that.

Next UAL, the problem with any UAL merger is that their cost just doesn't translate at JFK/FLL. B6 is only profitable at JFK/FLL due to its lower cost. At B6 yield level, UAL simply can't run a profitable operation at JFK/FLL. As I said in other threads, code share makes a lot more sense here.

Finally AAL. This actually makes the most sense since AAL would be getting rid of a competitor at south florida, will then be able to compete with DL at JFK and be the far and away dominant carrier at BOS. But given that it has the lowest market cap and has picked ALK as its partner, I think it's most likely acquisition becomes ALK. And it won't be able to do that until its stock prices come back up a little more. If AAL was actually at a better place financially, a B6 acquisition might actually make sense.

Also, I disagree with the assessment that they have no place to grow. Their problem right now is that they don't have enough plane to fight off DL at BOS and NK at FLL. It would take another 3 to 5 before they can get close to finish growing at BOS. And in the next 2 years, their biggest concerns is to not fall back too much at FLL/MCO that they can't grow those station again in the future. And with AA's decline at JFK, they are going to have opportunity to grow at NYC again for the first time in a few years. That would take them to at least 2025. Who knows what the world will look like in 5 years.
 
BunkerF16
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 2:30 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
FYI: No Profit Sharing for B6 employees this year. Last year 0.2 percent Profit Sharing.


You don't consider the 5 percent retirement plus program as profit sharing?


No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.
 
TheLunchbox
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:31 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:19 pm

BunkerF16 wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
FYI: No Profit Sharing for B6 employees this year. Last year 0.2 percent Profit Sharing.


You don't consider the 5 percent retirement plus program as profit sharing?


No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5602
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 3:39 pm

TheLunchbox wrote:
BunkerF16 wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:

You don't consider the 5 percent retirement plus program as profit sharing?


No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad
 
BunkerF16
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:54 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:18 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:
BunkerF16 wrote:

No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad


Amen. Too many people want to only hear one side of the story so it fits their narrative.

Our CEO basically sent out an email lamenting the fact that they couldn't give us PS, but said that they know that taking care of the employees is the most important thing as we turn around and take care of our customers. Oh, and by the way, make sure you stand up like a trained monkey during the boarding PAs and tell everyone about our 20th birthday celebration.

The most tone-deaf leadership I've ever been associated with.
 
CaptCoolHand
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:27 pm

TheLunchbox wrote:
BunkerF16 wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:

You don't consider the 5 percent retirement plus program as profit sharing?


No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.


Right, we should all come to work for culture coupons and fun tickets because airlines are fun fun fun.

JFKLGANYC above has a pretty good grasp on how it works and bunker is spot on.

JB made 3/4 Billion in profits and decided that those who do the work get nothing, while other airlines in the same boat do it a little different.

Disgruntled isn't really the word I'd use.
 
Bluewho
Topic Author
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:30 pm

jfklganyc wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:
BunkerF16 wrote:

No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad



This is completely true. I thought it would have been a bigger deal. But ehhhhh
 
Bluewho
Topic Author
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:32 pm

BunkerF16 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:

There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad


Amen. Too many people want to only hear one side of the story so it fits their narrative.

Our CEO basically sent out an email lamenting the fact that they couldn't give us PS, but said that they know that taking care of the employees is the most important thing as we turn around and take care of our customers. Oh, and by the way, make sure you stand up like a trained monkey during the boarding PAs and tell everyone about our 20th birthday celebration.

The most tone-deaf leadership I've ever been associated with.



Also true.

Hey do all this stuff because of “culture” which we are trying to squeeze until nothing is left. We have become AA and it didn’t have to be that way.
 
User avatar
calstanford
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:16 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:44 pm

What was up with the Lufthansa investment? From when to when was it active? What was the idea behind it and why did it not work?
 
blacksoviet
Posts: 1461
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:50 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Fri Feb 14, 2020 9:17 pm

I remember my first JetBlue flight in 2003. It was JFK-LGB. I deplaned the A320 via stairs at LGB. Not too many airlines use stairs for boarding transcon flights.
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:28 am

jfklganyc wrote:
F27500 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:


Care to revisit this topic in light of todays events between Alaska and AA? :)


... which is just Alaska joining OneWorld so there can be codeshare agreement between AA and AS in SEA. What has that got to do with B6Nothing.



If you think a merger isn’t coming you’re deluded

Everything is being streamlined and cut

There is no vision going forward beyond London

Talk to employees about what is going on...And good luck trying to get a Pepsi on your next flight…they only cater every fourth flight now


Again ALL factual inaccuracies from someone on the outside looking in. It’s funny about those who don’t know speaking, when those who do know stay quiet.
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:29 am

CaptCoolHand wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:
BunkerF16 wrote:

No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.


Right, we should all come to work for culture coupons and fun tickets because airlines are fun fun fun.

JFKLGANYC above has a pretty good grasp on how it works and bunker is spot on.

JB made 3/4 Billion in profits and decided that those who do the work get nothing, while other airlines in the same boat do it a little different.

Disgruntled isn't really the word I'd use.


So then go to another airline. Everyone is hiring.
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:31 am

jfklganyc wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:
BunkerF16 wrote:

No. That's a company scam. 401K contributions are just that. Profit sharing is and should be separate. But there are lots of blue juicers, just happy to be here lemmings who will do and say whatever they can to prop up JB's inept leadership/management.


There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad


Because they’re not facts. They’re falsehoods.

A “single donut?” WTF are you even talking about.
 
INFINITI329
Posts: 2494
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 12:53 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Mon Feb 17, 2020 6:31 am

juliuswong wrote:
Congratulations to B6! I am not residing in US and have been following its up and down as a fan from far away in Asia.

Not wanting to start a fire, but I am curious to know was B6 the airline Boeing turned down when they were looking to buy/lease new aircraft?


Neeleman knew what WN paid Boeing for their 73Gs and wanted those same prices. Boeing said no. They called Airbus and now two decades later they have a 200 plane Airbus 320 family fleet. which is expected to grow by almost 80 over the next few years
 
unusualattitude
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:49 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:47 pm

catiii wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:

There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad


Because they’re not facts. They’re falsehoods.

A “single donut?” WTF are you even talking about.


You just proved your lack of insider knowledge. Anyone who received the 20th anniversary emails knows about the 1 donut thing and 90% of the employees are laughing about it. What dark hole do you work in?
 
User avatar
jfklganyc
Posts: 5602
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:31 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:48 pm

catiii wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:

There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.



He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad


Because they’re not facts. They’re falsehoods.

A “single donut?” WTF are you even talking about.


“What: Cake and blue and white donuts-just one donut each, please! (while supplies last)”


So tell me Catiii WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?
 
CaptCoolHand
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:24 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:16 pm

catiii wrote:
CaptCoolHand wrote:
TheLunchbox wrote:

There it is. A disgruntled employee and others hijacking threads when/wherever to complain about their job, the company, and their dear profit sharing.


Right, we should all come to work for culture coupons and fun tickets because airlines are fun fun fun.

JFKLGANYC above has a pretty good grasp on how it works and bunker is spot on.

JB made 3/4 Billion in profits and decided that those who do the work get nothing, while other airlines in the same boat do it a little different.

Disgruntled isn't really the word I'd use.


So then go to another airline. Everyone is hiring.


Ah yes... “if you don’t like it leave”
That’s the answer in a seniority based industry.
 
User avatar
FiscAutTecGarte
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:52 pm

richierich wrote:
You forgot: zero bankruptcies and zero mergers with other airlines over the past two decades.


that's tenacity. I've yet to fly them. they just are never going where I'm going.
learning never stops...
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:39 am

jfklganyc wrote:
catiii wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:


He isn’t hijacking anything

Number one I would wager he has a lot more on the line in terms of Jetblue then a few blue fan boys posting from their basement on airliners.net

Number two he’s trying to straighten the record with all the blue pom-poms and blue juice and blue cupcakes being tossed around on the forum by the people sitting in their basements

jetblue has a very hostile relationship with their employees at present. Period

Jetblue is engaging in major cost cutting. Period

Jetblue’s operational metrics lag behind their competitors. Period.

I am thankful to employees like him coming on here to inform with facts about what is going on beyond the rah rah press releases

The big 20 Birthday party?

A sheet cake and ONE Donut. Not two...one donut per employee.

No sign. No poster. No jingle. No celebration. No speech. No big announcement

A slice of cake and a SINGLE donut.

Sounds like a successful company taking care of its employees on a big birthday

If those facts offend you...too bad


Because they’re not facts. They’re falsehoods.

A “single donut?” WTF are you even talking about.


“What: Cake and blue and white donuts-just one donut each, please! (while supplies last)”


So tell me Catiii WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?


Crewmembers –

Happy birthday!

What better way to celebrate than with cake! In celebration of our 20th birthday, join us later today for a sweet treat at LSC.

Cake will be served in the following locations at 1400 -

· 5th floor Crew Lounge
· 6th floor high top table
· 7th floor Crew Lounge

This is a huge milestone and we’ll be celebrating all year long...

Etc etc etc. Where’s the “one donut” line?
 
juliuswong
Posts: 2014
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:22 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:47 am

INFINITI329 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
Congratulations to B6! I am not residing in US and have been following its up and down as a fan from far away in Asia.

Not wanting to start a fire, but I am curious to know was B6 the airline Boeing turned down when they were looking to buy/lease new aircraft?


Neeleman knew what WN paid Boeing for their 73Gs and wanted those same prices. Boeing said no. They called Airbus and now two decades later they have a 200 plane Airbus 320 family fleet. which is expected to grow by almost 80 over the next few years

Thanks INFINITI329 for your reply. Superb!
- Life is a journey, travel it well -
 
Mboyle1988
Posts: 70
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:38 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:19 am

Used to be a great airline. Then Neelman got fired somehow. Now it sucks.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 18815
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Tue Feb 18, 2020 2:54 am

Congrats JetBlue. I always love flying the airline. I flew ty hem early and still fly them at least once a year.
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.
 
B6JFKH81
Posts: 2141
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2006 6:35 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Tue Feb 18, 2020 3:41 am

Well as someone who has been with the company since 2004 on the front line, it is amazing to see how the company has grown and matured over the years. To think that the airline serves over 100 destinations, with over 1000 flights per day, has extensive operations (and in some cases is #1) in large airports like JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO and SJU, even though they were in their infancy when 9/11 hit, then made it through the great recession, continues to offer the most legroom in coach, free snacks and beverages, free IFE which is being improved and expanded with the new Avant installations and extended WiFi range, lots of public service initiatives, and a culture that still cannot be compared to most airlines in existence, I wish them a happy 20th!

Are they perfect? No. Not many companies are.
Do they have issues? Sure. Most companies do.
Am I pumped with Blue Juice? No, and haven't been for years.
Have I always been happy? No, I even left B6 at one point...guess what, the grass isn't always greener.

I am heavily involved in improving the experience for customers with this revised A320 interior, I spend 16 days per month in SAL (which I have no problem with), and I deal with a TON of B.S., but in the end it is a job that pays me well and the company not only listens to my concerns (from immediate supervisor through our President who has also come to visit) but actually addresses them.

As far as cake and doughnuts goes, I don't know what was done at the blue cities, but I do know that 20th anniversary buttons were made and distributed (which are collectable items). I've worked for much larger places that have done much less at times of celebration.

For those who work for B6, especially those who have been around since the early years, when the odds were completely stacked against us, where we had to survive things like flight 292, the Valentine's Day Massacre of 2007 (where someone spit on me in the grocery store while getting some milk and dinner on my way home after a 20-hour day), fleet diversification, addition of "Even More" seating and "Mint", fare packaging, etc., this is a big thing to celebrate. If you have negative things to say, take it to another thread with the rest of the haters, this is a celebratory thread. If you are that unhappy with B6, as a crewmember, please use the speak up survey or look at other airlines which are hiring and see if the grass is greener. For those not employed with B6 and bashing, get a goddamn life, stop trolling, let the people who want to celebrate actually celebrate. It IS a milestone for the little airline that shouldn't have made it beyond a year or two, and those who worked their asses off to make it happen beyond all odds. It IS a reason for celebration for those who sacrificed so much.

In summation, congrats to JetBlue for another decade of expansion an maturation against all odds and an ever increasing competition strength. You deserve to celebrate, and for those that say different, choke on a bag of Blue Chips.

I'm done with this thread....
"If you do not learn from history, you are doomed to repeat it"
 
CobaltScar
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:59 am

B6JFKH81 wrote:
I am heavily involved in improving the experience for customers with this revised A320 interior, I spend 16 days per month in SAL (which I have no problem with), and I deal with a TON of B.S., but in the end it is a job that pays me well and the company not only listens to my concerns (from immediate supervisor through our President who has also come to visit) but actually addresses them.

I'm done with this thread....


Don't go yet. Is there any chance the back galley can be modified? The restrooms back there are a inconvenient nightmare for both crew and customers.
 
F27500
Posts: 755
Joined: Sun May 07, 2017 12:52 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:40 pm

B6JFKH81 wrote:
Well as someone who has been with the company since 2004 on the front line, it is amazing to see how the company has grown and matured over the years. To think that the airline serves over 100 destinations, with over 1000 flights per day, has extensive operations (and in some cases is #1) in large airports like JFK, BOS, FLL, MCO and SJU, even though they were in their infancy when 9/11 hit, then made it through the great recession, continues to offer the most legroom in coach, free snacks and beverages, free IFE which is being improved and expanded with the new Avant installations and extended WiFi range, lots of public service initiatives, and a culture that still cannot be compared to most airlines in existence, I wish them a happy 20th!

Are they perfect? No. Not many companies are.
Do they have issues? Sure. Most companies do.
Am I pumped with Blue Juice? No, and haven't been for years.
Have I always been happy? No, I even left B6 at one point...guess what, the grass isn't always greener.

I am heavily involved in improving the experience for customers with this revised A320 interior, I spend 16 days per month in SAL (which I have no problem with), and I deal with a TON of B.S., but in the end it is a job that pays me well and the company not only listens to my concerns (from immediate supervisor through our President who has also come to visit) but actually addresses them.

As far as cake and doughnuts goes, I don't know what was done at the blue cities, but I do know that 20th anniversary buttons were made and distributed (which are collectable items). I've worked for much larger places that have done much less at times of celebration.

For those who work for B6, especially those who have been around since the early years, when the odds were completely stacked against us, where we had to survive things like flight 292, the Valentine's Day Massacre of 2007 (where someone spit on me in the grocery store while getting some milk and dinner on my way home after a 20-hour day), fleet diversification, addition of "Even More" seating and "Mint", fare packaging, etc., this is a big thing to celebrate. If you have negative things to say, take it to another thread with the rest of the haters, this is a celebratory thread. If you are that unhappy with B6, as a crewmember, please use the speak up survey or look at other airlines which are hiring and see if the grass is greener. For those not employed with B6 and bashing, get a goddamn life, stop trolling, let the people who want to celebrate actually celebrate. It IS a milestone for the little airline that shouldn't have made it beyond a year or two, and those who worked their asses off to make it happen beyond all odds. It IS a reason for celebration for those who sacrificed so much.

In summation, congrats to JetBlue for another decade of expansion an maturation against all odds and an ever increasing competition strength. You deserve to celebrate, and for those that say different, choke on a bag of Blue Chips.

I'm done with this thread....



Brilliant post. You nailed it. JetBlue took on one of the most notoriously difficult areas to heavily focus on (the northeast) and they have done a remarkable job of it. JetBlue is still my preferred carrier (BDL, HPN, NYC). I am proud of the amazing growth .. and I wish you many more years of success!
 
Bluewho
Topic Author
Posts: 164
Joined: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:58 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20 today.

Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:26 am

catiii wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:
catiii wrote:

Because they’re not facts. They’re falsehoods.

A “single donut?” WTF are you even talking about.


“What: Cake and blue and white donuts-just one donut each, please! (while supplies last)”


So tell me Catiii WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?


Crewmembers –

Happy birthday!

What better way to celebrate than with cake! In celebration of our 20th birthday, join us later today for a sweet treat at LSC.

Cake will be served in the following locations at 1400 -

· 5th floor Crew Lounge
· 6th floor high top table
· 7th floor Crew Lounge

This is a huge milestone and we’ll be celebrating all year long...

Etc etc etc. Where’s the “one donut” line?



The thing respectfully you are missing here is there are two different emails.
Looks like you are at LSC (hq for those that don’t speak blue) the take one donut only email was sent to JFK crew members.
It’s an absolute fact.
 
11C
Posts: 81
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:25 pm

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Wed Feb 19, 2020 9:31 am

Mboyle1988 wrote:
Used to be a great airline. Then Neelman got fired somehow. Now it sucks.

That’s very insightful. I hadn’t thought about how to succinctly describe 20 years of Jetblue’s history, but there you have it. Maybe you could apply this same insight into some of the problems facing mankind.
 
catiii
Posts: 3285
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:18 am

Re: JetBlue turns 20

Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:41 pm

juliuswong wrote:
INFINITI329 wrote:
juliuswong wrote:
Congratulations to B6! I am not residing in US and have been following its up and down as a fan from far away in Asia.

Not wanting to start a fire, but I am curious to know was B6 the airline Boeing turned down when they were looking to buy/lease new aircraft?


Neeleman knew what WN paid Boeing for their 73Gs and wanted those same prices. Boeing said no. They called Airbus and now two decades later they have a 200 plane Airbus 320 family fleet. which is expected to grow by almost 80 over the next few years

Thanks INFINITI329 for your reply. Superb!


Correct me if I am wrong, but not only did they say no they were jerks about it and ridiculed the business model.

Worked out anyway. If we had gone Boeing we'd be in some MAX quagmire today. Instead we can't get a NEO on time from Airbus.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos