Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
gdg9
Topic Author
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Wed Feb 19, 2020 2:37 pm

Might as well start a thread for 2020 monthly reports.

Ottawa YOW January
278,250 Domestic
61,877 U.S.
66,255 Intl
406,382 total

https://yow.ca/en/corporate/airport-authority/passenger-volume
@dfwtower
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Feb 28, 2020 3:04 pm

gdg9 wrote:
Might as well start a thread for 2020 monthly reports.

Ottawa YOW January
278,250 Domestic
61,877 U.S.
66,255 Intl
406,382 total

https://yow.ca/en/corporate/airport-authority/passenger-volume


A +0.7% start for YOW. Pretty good considering the ORD suspension that resumes in early March. International continues to rebound nicely. Maybe YOW will finally surpass the 2012 record for international pax...assuming the Coronavirus doesn't spread much in Europe and North America.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:01 pm

YXT January 2020

https://www.terracestandard.com/news/pa ... l-airport/

Figures provided by the airport put the number of passengers in January this year at 21,871, 10 per cent more than January 2019’s count of 19,900 passengers, and nearly 42 per cent more than January 2018’s count 15,456 passengers.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 06, 2020 11:55 pm

Calgary YYC
January 2020

Domestic : 881,941 -6.00%

Transborder : 279,058 +4.97%

International : 176,789 -3.99%

Total : 1,337,788 -3.63%
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:18 am

Vancouver YVR

January 2020


Domestic : 936,916 -0,5%

International

- Transborder : 480,076 -3,1%

- Asia Pacific : 399,816 -1,3%

- Europe : 80,428 +7,6%

- Misc. 124,299 +13,4%

Total Int'l: 1,084,619 0%

Total (All) : 2,021,535 -0,3%
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 13, 2020 5:33 pm

MONTREAL YUL

January 2020

Overall: 1,600,363, +4.5%

Domestic: 491,540 +0.2%
International: 760,535 +8.5%
US: 348,288 +2.3%

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/fil ... 020_EN.pdf

Great results for January. February should be decent as well. It's in March and beyond that we will be bleeding red. Total international is 1,108,823, compared to 1,084,619 for YVR. So already ahead, even before the coronavirus really hit the YVR numbers. Too bad. As these numbers show, YUL was going to have a great year, yet again. Alas, that scenario is no more.

====================================================================================================

On another note,

Due to the Coronavirus, Transport Minister Garneau said he will limit inbound overseas international flights to a certain number of specified airports. Those airports haven't been specified yet, but limiting it to the 3 or 4 majors would be my guess.

Also, a press release from ADM basically confirming travel restrictions for Europeans transiting YUL to the US as of midnight tonight.

https://www.admtl.com/en/node/17656

Subject: Restrictions - Entry to the U.S. for some passagers

As of March 13, 11:59 p.m. passengers who were present within the Schengen Area (Europe) during the last 14-days will be denied entry to the United States of America. This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
9252fly
Posts: 1039
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:28 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
MONTREAL YUL

January 2020

Overall: 1,600,363, +4.5%

Domestic: 491,540 +0.2%
International: 760,535 +8.5%
US: 348,288 +2.3%

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/fil ... 020_EN.pdf

Great results for January. February should be decent as well. It's in March and beyond that we will be bleeding red. Total international is 1,108,823, compared to 1,084,619 for YVR. So already ahead, even before the coronavirus really hit the YVR numbers. Too bad. As these numbers show, YUL was going to have a great year, yet again. Alas, that scenario is no more.

====================================================================================================

On another note,

Due to the Coronavirus, Transport Minister Garneau said he will limit inbound overseas international flights to a certain number of specified airports. Those airports haven't been specified yet, but limiting it to the 3 or 4 majors would be my guess.

Also, a press release from ADM basically confirming travel restrictions for Europeans transiting YUL to the US as of midnight tonight.

https://www.admtl.com/en/node/17656

Subject: Restrictions - Entry to the U.S. for some passagers

As of March 13, 11:59 p.m. passengers who were present within the Schengen Area (Europe) during the last 14-days will be denied entry to the United States of America. This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation.


If inbound international flights get restricted to only 3 airports, I would guess those would be YUL, YYZ and YVR. A fourth airport would likely be YYC.
 
YYCFlier
Posts: 42
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:42 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 13, 2020 7:46 pm

YYC should get a pass due to being WestJet's main hub.
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:36 pm

I'm sure YYC will be alright. Albertans are already really angry/dumbfounded-a ban like this would be an unnecessary poke in the eye IMHO.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:50 pm

Toronto YYZ


January, February & YTD


Domestic : 1,243,996 / 1,186,000 +2,5% / 2,429,996 +0,6%

International : 1,542,493 / 1,386,000 -04% / 2,928,493 -0,1%

Transborder : 1,039,459 / 1,034,000 -0,2% / 2,073,459 -0,1%

Total : 3,825,948 / 3,606,000 +0,6% / 7,431,948 +0,1%
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:57 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
MONTREAL YUL

January 2020

Overall: 1,600,363, +4.5%

Domestic: 491,540 +0.2%
International: 760,535 +8.5%
US: 348,288 +2.3%

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/fil ... 020_EN.pdf

Great results for January. February should be decent as well. It's in March and beyond that we will be bleeding red. Total international is 1,108,823, compared to 1,084,619 for YVR. So already ahead, even before the coronavirus really hit the YVR numbers. Too bad. As these numbers show, YUL was going to have a great year, yet again. Alas, that scenario is no more.

====================================================================================================

On another note,

Due to the Coronavirus, Transport Minister Garneau said he will limit inbound overseas international flights to a certain number of specified airports. Those airports haven't been specified yet, but limiting it to the 3 or 4 majors would be my guess.

Also, a press release from ADM basically confirming travel restrictions for Europeans transiting YUL to the US as of midnight tonight.

https://www.admtl.com/en/node/17656

Subject: Restrictions - Entry to the U.S. for some passagers

As of March 13, 11:59 p.m. passengers who were present within the Schengen Area (Europe) during the last 14-days will be denied entry to the United States of America. This does not apply to legal permanent residents, (generally) immediate family members of U.S. citizens, and other individuals who are identified in the proclamation.


I would imagine both YUL and YOW will have very strong domestic February numbers thanks to the Via Rail blockades. AC were upgauging a lot of Rapidair flights over a 3 week period.

However, there’s little doubt YUL will fall well below 20 million...15 million? and YOW well below 5 million...probably back to circa 2005 levels well below 4.
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:13 pm

January 2020 numbers for Canada's 6 busiest airports:

YYZ 3,825,948 -0.3%
YVR 2,021,535 -0.3%
YUL 1,600,363 +4.5%
YYC 1,337,788 -3.6%
YEG 624,827 -4.5%
YOW 406,382 +0.7%

Dominion301 wrote:

I would imagine both YUL and YOW will have very strong domestic February numbers thanks to the Via Rail blockades. AC were upgauging a lot of Rapidair flights over a 3 week period.


If i were a betting man, I would bet on YUL and YOW having positive results in February as well.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:07 pm

Thenoflyzone wrote:
January 2020 numbers for Canada's 6 busiest airports:

YYZ 3,825,948 -0.3%
YVR 2,021,535 -0.3%
YUL 1,600,363 +4.5%
YYC 1,337,788 -3.6%
YEG 624,827 -4.5%
YOW 406,382 +0.7%

Dominion301 wrote:

I would imagine both YUL and YOW will have very strong domestic February numbers thanks to the Via Rail blockades. AC were upgauging a lot of Rapidair flights over a 3 week period.


If i were a betting man, I would bet on YUL and YOW having positive results in February as well.


Well here's the first of our two 'bets' hitting the positive side. As expected, YOW had a good month thanks to Via's shutdown for much of the month as shown below:

YOW February



February / 2019 / 2020 / % Change
Domestic / 277,051 / 290,829 / +5.0% - Via Rail blockades for much of the month - lots of Rapidair upgauges
Transborder / 68,217 / 63,333 / -7.2%
International / 59,598 / 67,150 / +12.7%
Total Feb. / 404,866 / 421,312 / +4.1% (but that's it for 2020 as far a good looking numbers go - March will lucky to be above 300,000, while April will be luck to break 100,000)

Y-T-D / 2019 / 2020 / % Change
Domestic / 550,014 / 569,079 / +3.5%
Transborder / 134,798 / 125,210 / -7.1%
International / 123,436 / 133,405 / +8.1%
Total / 808,248 / 827,694 / +2.4%

2020 for YOW was shaping up to be a record year. Traffic probably would have pushed the 5.3 million mark with LH coming, AC 788 & 330, new Flair 17x weekly, UA back on ORD and more AC domestic. Now hitting 3 million for the year could be a stretch. YUL could drop to under 12 million.
 
User avatar
gdg9
Topic Author
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:20 pm

February 2020:
Kelowna (YLW) 173,517
Toronto Pearson (YYZ) 3,606,000
@dfwtower
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:09 pm

February had 29 days this year-that's a 3.5% increase alone.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:43 pm

Skywatcher wrote:
February had 29 days this year-that's a 3.5% increase alone.


Very true. Factoring that out the leap year day, YOW's growth would have been about +0.7% or equal to January. In other words without the Via boost, YOW probably would have broken even under 'normal' circumstances.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:59 am

gdg9 wrote:
February 2020:
Kelowna (YLW) 173,517


Indeed, and January YLW handled 174,824 passengers.


Kelowna YLW

1/2020 174,824 (-6,905 / -3,8%)

2/2020 173,517 (-5,522 / -3,1%)

YTD 348,341 (-12,427 / -3,44%)
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 pm

Edmonton YEG
January





624,827 passengers -4,5%

Terminal 583,271 -5,3%

Domestic 436,564 -5,1%

Transborder 81,561 -15,4%

International 65,146 +10,1%
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:39 am

Calgary YYC
February 2020 & YTD

Domestic : 880,612 -0.9% / 1,759,153 -3.7%

Transborder : 283,135 +3.5% / 562,193 +4,2%

International : 175,630 -2.3% / 352,419 -3.1%

Total : 1,339,377 -0.2% / 2,673,765 -2.06%
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:14 pm

While March’s pax numbers will be grim (1st two weeks were fairly ’normal’), April will be apocalyptic. YYZ are averaging about 5,000 (both enplanements and deplanements) pax per day now (equivalent to an average day at YQB), while YOW is around 800 (an average day at an airport the size of YKA). In fact the YOW Airport Authority said only 120 pax departed from the airport this past Wednesday. 12 flights operated that day, so an average of 10 pax per departure. A normal Wednesday at YOW in March or April would see about 7,000 enplanements and 110 departures.

Links to the stories with the pax data:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/o ... -1.5520361

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad ... -1.4881999

https://ottawacitizen.com/business/with ... 2b3b17b5b/

Any other cities have early data?
 
User avatar
gdg9
Topic Author
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:07 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
In fact the YOW Airport Authority said only 120 pax departed from the airport this past Wednesday. 12 flights operated that day, so an average of 10 pax per departure. A normal Wednesday at YOW in March or April would see about 7,000 enplanements and 110 departures.



When I see these numbers I wonder why the airlines are still offering flights? I know in the U.S. the bailout seemingly requires them to operate the same routes, even with empty ghost planes. What's the story in Canada?
@dfwtower
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:09 pm

gdg9 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
In fact the YOW Airport Authority said only 120 pax departed from the airport this past Wednesday. 12 flights operated that day, so an average of 10 pax per departure. A normal Wednesday at YOW in March or April would see about 7,000 enplanements and 110 departures.



When I see these numbers I wonder why the airlines are still offering flights? I know in the U.S. the bailout seemingly requires them to operate the same routes, even with empty ghost planes. What's the story in Canada?


Well with the 90% cut in passenger flights, there’s actually a shortage of cargo capacity. AC are even operating some cargo-only widebody flights due to the lack of belly space.
Last edited by Dominion301 on Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8310
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:15 pm

gdg9 wrote:

When I see these numbers I wonder why the airlines are still offering flights? I know in the U.S. the bailout seemingly requires them to operate the same routes, even with empty ghost planes. What's the story in Canada?


The U.S. CARES requirements is points, not routes. A point can be one of multiple airports serving the city. From the DOT Show cause order:

Additionally, if a covered carrier
served a point with any degree of scheduled service from more than one other point, it would
only need to provide service from that point to one of the previously served points as long as it
meets the above frequency requirements.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:17 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
Well with the 90% cut in passenger flights, there’s actually a shortage of cargo capacity. AC are even operating some cargo-only widebody flight due to the lack of belly space.


And I suspect they can make good money with it. Airports statistics will be interesting to check for April and later times.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:25 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
Well with the 90% cut in passenger flights, there’s actually a shortage of cargo capacity. AC are even operating some cargo-only widebody flight due to the lack of belly space.


And I suspect they can make good money with it. Airports statistics will be interesting to check for April and later times.


Here’s my prediction for April pax counts for the ‘big 8’:
YYZ: 150,000
YVR: 90,000
YUL: 75,000
YYC: 85,000 - WS are flying more than AC = ahead of YUL
YEG: 45,000
YOW/YWG/YHZ: 20-30,000 - I suspect YHZ will have the most as AC are still regionally feeding ‘a lot’ of Atlantic Canada’s ‘traffic’ to YHZ
 
Thenoflyzone
Posts: 3002
Joined: Sun Jan 07, 2001 4:42 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:45 am

Even with fewer domestic flights, I think YUL will see more passengers than YYC in April.

You still have a lot of Canadians that will be coming back into the country in April. AC/WS have cut all international/US service from YYC for April. So have Asian/European carriers (KLM ends YYC today). That is not the case at YUL.
us Air Traffic Controllers have a good record, we haven't left one up there yet !!
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:27 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
Well with the 90% cut in passenger flights, there’s actually a shortage of cargo capacity. AC are even operating some cargo-only widebody flight due to the lack of belly space.


And I suspect they can make good money with it. Airports statistics will be interesting to check for April and later times.


Here’s my prediction for April pax counts for the ‘big 8’:
YYZ: 150,000
YVR: 90,000
YUL: 75,000
YYC: 85,000 - WS are flying more than AC = ahead of YUL
YEG: 45,000
YOW/YWG/YHZ: 20-30,000 - I suspect YHZ will have the most as AC are still regionally feeding ‘a lot’ of Atlantic Canada’s ‘traffic’ to YHZ


I meant it for cargo. Passenger levels will of course be down somehwere in the basement or below...
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:16 am

First airport to report for March is YKA / Kamloops recording -38% for March and -11% overall for Q1 2020, meaning Jan and Feb were actually in positive territory by at least five percent: https://www.kamloopsthisweek.com/news/a ... 1.24116656.
 
volks92
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:53 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:08 am

Dominion301 wrote:
While March’s pax numbers will be grim (1st two weeks were fairly ’normal’), April will be apocalyptic. YYZ are averaging about 5,000 (both enplanements and deplanements) pax per day now (equivalent to an average day at YQB), while YOW is around 800 (an average day at an airport the size of YKA). In fact the YOW Airport Authority said only 120 pax departed from the airport this past Wednesday. 12 flights operated that day, so an average of 10 pax per departure. A normal Wednesday at YOW in March or April would see about 7,000 enplanements and 110 departures.

Links to the stories with the pax data:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/o ... -1.5520361

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/mobile/canad ... -1.4881999

https://ottawacitizen.com/business/with ... 2b3b17b5b/

Any other cities have early data?


YQR is averaging 15-20 pax per day, normals are 3,300-3,500:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6806046/coro ... -airports/
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:43 am

I read on Radio-Canada in French how YYC’s daily pax counts are down by 98.5%, meaning they’re averaging about 750/day.
 
User avatar
gdg9
Topic Author
Posts: 1008
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:42 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:55 pm

YLW Kelowna March 104,948 down from 193,715 March 2019. -45.82%

https://ylw.kelowna.ca/business/facts-statistics
@dfwtower
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Apr 17, 2020 2:32 pm

ADM has published a realease in which they announce an expected drop in passenger level of at least 80% during Q2.

At 80% flat drop in all sectors, this would result in numbers of roughtly:

Total: 1,001,939

Domestic: 373,890

Transborder: 223,453

International: 404,596

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/fil ... VF_ANG.pdf
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:07 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
ADM has published a realease in which they announce an expected drop in passenger level of at least 80% during Q2.

At 80% flat drop in all sectors, this would result in numbers of roughtly:

Total: 1,001,939

Domestic: 373,890

Transborder: 223,453

International: 404,596

https://www.admtl.com/sites/default/fil ... VF_ANG.pdf


These numbers would make a huge assumption that things start to pick up in June. YUL are on pace for 90,000 pax in April. 1 million for the quarter seems like a mighty big stretch.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:49 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
These numbers would make a huge assumption that things start to pick up in June. YUL are on pace for 90,000 pax in April. 1 million for the quarter seems like a mighty big stretch.


Sure, I just did the maths based on their info. I don't know how they have managed to reach that % but they are aware of the unknown times to come.
90k means about 5,7% of April 2019's total. We'll know once they publish their stats. March will already be interesting...
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1584
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:11 am

"At least" 80% leaves some room for more bad news…
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:22 pm

Also YUL is now operating on one runway (06R/24L) and the aeroquay along with one third of the terminal's gates are now closed, as per the press relaease I linked yesterday.
 
ExMilitaryEng
Posts: 637
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:16 am

Speaking of YUL; has ADM laid off the employees compiling the stats? Where are YUL's February traffic data?
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Sun Apr 19, 2020 1:03 pm

ExMilitaryEng wrote:
Speaking of YUL; has ADM laid off the employees compiling the stats? Where are YUL's February traffic data?


It's not the first time they are late. YXX has not yet published their final 2019 total.

Victoria YYJ
January, February, March & Q1

Domestic : 110,063 -4.6% / 109,698 +2.4% / 69,640 -47.7% // 289,401 -18,6% (-66,230)

Transborder : 12,855 -30.9% / 11,884 -21.0% / 6,454 -70.7% // 31,193 -43,9% (-24,450)

International : 9,361 +29.8% / 10,850 55.4% / 5,011 -42.6% // 25,222 +10% (+2,299)

Total : 132,279 -6.3% / 132,432 +2.5% / 81,105 -50.5% // 345,816 -20,3% (-88,381)
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:45 pm

Vancouver YVR
February 2020 & YTD


Domestic : 900,229 +2,2% / 1,837,145 +0,8%

International

- Transborder : 462,686 -3,8% / 942,762 -3,4%

- Asia Pacific : 259,172 -23,7% / 658,988 -11,5%

- Europe : 74,675 +8,1% / 155,103 +7,8%

- Misc. 121,182 +17,9% / 245,481 +15,5%

Total Int'l: 917,715 -7,5% / 2,002,334 -3,6%

Total (All) : 1,817,944 -2,9% / 3,839,479 -1,5%




The decrease was already there, however slow. Next month will be a different matter.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri Apr 24, 2020 7:19 pm

YOW March - The start of the cliff!

The first of the country's 'Big 8' airports has reported their March stats and I'd say they are about what I expected:

Sector / Mar-19 / Mar-20 / % Change
Dom: 317,336 / 168,752 / -46.8%
TB: 79,628 / 36,820 / -53.8%
Int'l: 65,995 / 34,977 / -47.0%
TTL: 462,959 / 240,549 / -48.0%

Sector / YTD 2019 / YTD 2020 / % Change
Dom: 867,350 / 737,831 / -14.9%
TB: 214,426 / 162,030 / -24.4%
Int'l: 189,431 / 168,382 / -11.1%
TTL: 1,271,207 / 1,068,243 / -16.0%

12 Months Rolling / % Change vs Year End 2019
Dom: 3,864,034 / -3.5%
TB: 633,901 / -12.1%
Int'l: 405,588 / +4.6% - The fact that this is still positive just goes to show what a great year this was going to be for YOW
TTL: 4,903,523 / -4.06%

April is where we'll see the 95% drop! I put April's over/under total at 25,000.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:01 pm

Calgary YYC
March 2020 & Q1

Domestic : 538,369 -44,6% / 2,293,014 -18.1%

Transborder : 154,409 -51,4% / 716,571 -16.4%

International : 110,485 -43.2% / 462,756 -17.2%

Total : 803,263 -45,9% / 3,472,341 -16,6%
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:14 pm

In keeping with the wipeout in traffic theme, YQB are reporting in this Radio-Canada (in French) article, that a 'good day' sees 30 departing pax. The average lately has been 10-20/day.

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/16 ... e-covid-19

At least 3 TS 321s are parked at YQB.

Image
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:17 am

Dominion301 wrote:
In keeping with the wipeout in traffic theme, YQB are reporting in this Radio-Canada (in French) article, that a 'good day' sees 30 departing pax. The average lately has been 10-20/day.


That translates in a drop of around 99%. Is it still worth to keep it open for so few passengers? It's not like they risk losing much business until airlines traffic return to a higher level.
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 890
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:51 pm

The article states that the airport needs to stay open for essential employees (tech reps etc.) to travel to northern mines, air ambulance services, waterbombers and so on.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:05 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
In keeping with the wipeout in traffic theme, YQB are reporting in this Radio-Canada (in French) article, that a 'good day' sees 30 departing pax. The average lately has been 10-20/day.


That translates in a drop of around 99%. Is it still worth to keep it open for so few passengers? It's not like they risk losing much business until airlines traffic return to a higher level.


The article also implies (like most other airports) they have closed a lot of the terminal. As evidence of this, it cites how all pax are using the single security screening lane that is normally reserved for airport staff and aircrews located away from the pax screening.

Airports that temporarily have lost all scheduled services (YZR permanently until a new carrier comes along), are still open.

Closing an aerodrome isn’t a cut and dry process. Transport Canada approval would be required.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri May 01, 2020 9:08 am

Dominion301 wrote:
The article also implies (like most other airports) they have closed a lot of the terminal. As evidence of this, it cites how all pax are using the single security screening lane that is normally reserved for airport staff and aircrews located away from the pax screening.

Airports that temporarily have lost all scheduled services (YZR permanently until a new carrier comes along), are still open.

Closing an aerodrome isn’t a cut and dry process. Transport Canada approval would be required.


Ok. I wasn't clear enough. I'm not talking about closing the airport but rather the terminal, with so few passengers...
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2853
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri May 01, 2020 7:45 pm

YAM, who only have spotty service on JV (Bearskin) with AC and PD suspended, recently reported a week with a grand total of 4 pax: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sudbury/ ... -1.5550314
 
hollywoodcory
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:29 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri May 01, 2020 9:35 pm

There was a story the other day on local Calgary news that the airport is currently averaging 500 passengers per day, when normally its closer to 24, 500.

https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/nearly-6-wee ... -1.4909717
 
BML87
Posts: 97
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Fri May 01, 2020 11:49 pm

ExMilitaryEng wrote:
Speaking of YUL; has ADM laid off the employees compiling the stats? Where are YUL's February traffic data?


Pretty sure the YEG employees have been laid off. They used to always be the first to post stats, but haven't since January. I even e-mailed them, but no response.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Posts: 7054
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Canadian Airports 2020 Statistics

Tue May 05, 2020 3:21 pm

MONTREAL YUL

February 2020

Total: 1,529,526 +6.8% - Domestic: 490,533 +3.3% - International: 686,126 +10% - TB: 352,867 +5.7%

March 2020

Total: 921,162 -46.2% - Domestic: 295,333 -46.2% - International: 418,677 -43.1% - TB: 207,152 -51.5%

Q1

Total: 4,045,300 -13.5% - Domestic: 1,276,753 -15.7% - International: 1,860,240 -9.7% - TB: 908,307 -17.6%

Who is online

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos