Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 8
 
User avatar
Phosphorus
Posts: 1046
Joined: Tue May 16, 2017 11:38 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun May 03, 2020 7:59 am

Polot wrote:
How many planes does Interjet have left?


For sure, they still have one A321-Neo

Also,
Several A320 -- airfleets says six, planespotters says nine.

And of course, SSJ galore
AN4 A40 L4T TU3 TU5 IL6 ILW I93 F50 F70 100 146 ARJ AT7 DH4 L10 CRJ ERJ E90 E95 DC-9 MD-8X YK4 YK2 SF3 S20 319 320 321 332 333 343 346 722 732 733 734 735 73G 738 739 744 74M 757 767 777
Ceterum autem censeo, Moscovia esse delendam
 
bmibaby737
Posts: 1639
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2005 1:07 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun May 03, 2020 11:08 am

Polot wrote:
How many planes does Interjet have left?


Planespotters.net is usually a good source: https://www.planespotters.net/airline/Interjet-Mexico

They're quoting 8 A320s still on property, albeit all stored at either MEX or TLC... and 22 SuperJets, albeit only 2 are shown as active.

So the active fleet of InterJet right now is just 2 Superjets
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Mon May 04, 2020 11:38 pm

XA-VAS,XA-VER and very soon XA-PPY and XA-DAS will be flying again. If they can reach an agreement with Safran-Powerjet they could make all their SSJ fleet airworthy again, and have an all SSJ fleet would be good for the manufacturer, the power plant provider and the airline, expect some announcement about this very soon.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Tue May 05, 2020 2:28 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
XA-VAS,XA-VER and very soon XA-PPY and XA-DAS will be flying again. If they can reach an agreement with Safran-Powerjet they could make all their SSJ fleet airworthy again, and have an all SSJ fleet would be good for the manufacturer, the power plant provider and the airline, expect some announcement about this very soon.



Maybe good for the manufacturer and the power plant provider, but the SSJ has never been good for any airline that was flying it. Just sayin'....

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
User avatar
mercure1
Posts: 4857
Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:13 am

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Tue May 05, 2020 2:57 am

Interjet is down to 5 domestic routes - not even all operated daily -- MEX-CUN/GDL/MID/MTY/TIJ. No international ops.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... of-19apr20
mercure f-wtcc
 
drmlnr1
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Tue May 05, 2020 3:37 am

danipawa wrote:
Airbus A320 -214 1162 XA-INJ Interjet ferried 24mar20 GDL-TUS-GYR on return to lessor (+ 3690 XA-ABC CUN-TUS-GYR) ex F-WQUV

Airbus A320 -214 4304 XA-ING Interjet ferried 26mar20 MEX-TUS-GYR on return to lessor (+ 4411 XA-SUN,+ 5358 XA-WAB MEX-TUS-CNO) ex OE-IAY

Airbus A320 -251N 7523 XA-JRM Interjet ferried 24mar20 CUN-TUS-GYR on return to lessor (+ 7576 XA-APO MEX-TUS-GYR) ex F-WWBC

Airbus A320 -251N 7581 XA-APA Interjet ferried 26mar20 MEX-TUS-GYR on return to lessor ex F-WWIC

Airbus A320 -251N 8970 XA-WJS Interjet ferried 19mar20 MEX-TLC-SJO on return to lessor (+ 9056 XA-ARG TLC-SJO) ex F-WWBM

Airbus A321 -211 7879 XA-TEA Interjet ferried 26mar20 MEX-TUS-CNO on return to lessor (+ 7833 XA-ZEN, + 7903 XA-PAT) ex D-AVZR

Airbus A321 -251N 7986 XA-MAP Interjet ferried 25mar20 MEX-TUS-GYR on return to lessor (+ 8023 XA-VMM, + 8575 XA-PGA) ex D-AVYM

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2

That would explain the influx here at GYR
Flying is relaxing!
 
Gregd75
Posts: 51
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Tue May 05, 2020 5:10 am

Interjet is also flying to Oaxaca City
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu May 07, 2020 1:57 am

alfa164 wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
XA-VAS,XA-VER and very soon XA-PPY and XA-DAS will be flying again. If they can reach an agreement with Safran-Powerjet they could make all their SSJ fleet airworthy again, and have an all SSJ fleet would be good for the manufacturer, the power plant provider and the airline, expect some announcement about this very soon.



Maybe good for the manufacturer and the power plant provider, but the SSJ has never been good for any airline that was flying it. Just sayin'....

:roll:

I beg to differ

https://simpleflying.com/azimuth-airlin ... jet-fleet/
 
User avatar
Antaras
Posts: 924
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu May 07, 2020 2:05 am

My friend at Bamboo told me that QH is contacting GECAS, AerCap and ACG for "some more 2nd-hand A320neo and A321neo". Well seems like those former-Interjet airframes will soon find a new carrier (in case that QH would survive after this pandemic).
planespotters.net shows that there are 7 A320neo and 7 A321neo are sitting in the hencoop, owned by the mentioned lessors.
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3671
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu May 07, 2020 3:32 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
alfa164 wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
XA-VAS,XA-VER and very soon XA-PPY and XA-DAS will be flying again. If they can reach an agreement with Safran-Powerjet they could make all their SSJ fleet airworthy again, and have an all SSJ fleet would be good for the manufacturer, the power plant provider and the airline, expect some announcement about this very soon.

Maybe good for the manufacturer and the power plant provider, but the SSJ has never been good for any airline that was flying it. Just sayin'....

:roll:

I beg to differ https://simpleflying.com/azimuth-airlin ... jet-fleet/


You can beg all you want, but finding one Russian airline, with 11 frames, flying less than a year-and-a-half, who seems to be satisfied with the plane.... that is hardly a hearty endorsement. In the meantime its other, previous operators have not been so "lucky":


April 2011, the first production aircraft was handed over to Armavia. It cancelled the contract for a second aircraft, and tried to return the first in August of 2012, citing reliability problems. It also cancelled its option for another two aircraft;

March 2012: the six aircraft operated by Aeroflot were flying 3.9 hours/day instead of the standard 8–9 hours due to failures and parts delivery delays, and the airline asked for compensation. Aeroflot's CEO later noted that the airline might never have ordered any SSJs had it not been under state control;

September 2013; Interjet took the first of their eventual 22 aircraft. By January of 2018, at least 4 of them were grounded and being cannibalized for parts, in an attempt to keep the remainder of the fleet operational. By May of last year, Interjet was trying to sell all 20 of the frames it owned; only 5 of them were actually operational;

June 2016, the Irish carrier CityJet took its first SSJ100. By February 2019, all its (5) planes were grounded, and they planned to sell them to Adria, which had ordered 15. Adria cancelled that order shortly thereafter. Its four SSJ's that were wet-leased to Brussels Airways were replaced by CRJ1000's;

August 2018, Russian regional carrier Yakutia Airlines considered withdrawing their SSJs, after two were grounded because their engines were removed after 1,500-3,000 cycles, below the 7,000 specified, and no replacements were available; By October 2018, Yakutia had six of the planes, but only three were operational;

May 2019, Yamal Airlines, the second-largest Russian SSJ operator with 16 frames, announced the cancellation of its order for 10 further SSJs, citing high servicing costs.



So good luck to Azimuth Airlines; may this farce be with you...

;)

.
http://www.nycaviation.com/2012/08/superjet-launch-customer-armavia-returns-unreliable-plane-to-sukhoi
https://www.vedomosti.ru/business/artic ... a_stoyanku
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... ed-airline
https://blueswandaily.com/brussels-airl ... aft-early/
http://www.rusaviainsider.com/yakutia-s ... nd-repair/
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-russ ... SKCN1SC1CB
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
TARTRESED
Posts: 33
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:21 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 5:19 am

Today XA-ECO was ferried TLC-TUS-GYR.
 
Westerwaelder
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 8:47 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
XA-VAS,XA-VER and very soon XA-PPY and XA-DAS will be flying again. If they can reach an agreement with Safran-Powerjet they could make all their SSJ fleet airworthy again, and have an all SSJ fleet would be good for the manufacturer, the power plant provider and the airline, expect some announcement about this very soon.


Flightradar shows XA-DAS, XA-VER and XA-PPY having operated domestic sectors in the last few days
 
rojo
Posts: 2311
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2000 6:08 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 2:01 pm

Does anyone know what's left from 4O's Airbus fleet?

The Sukhoi fleet shows 4 active frames (last flights):

SSJ 100-95B
XA-VAS - 8MAY 4O2662 MEXGDL 08:00-09:25
XA-PPY - 7MAY 4O2059 MIDMEX 15:35-17:50
XA-DAS - No Data in the last 7 days
XA-VER - 5MAY 4O2177 MTYMEX 14:55-16:35
 
N6168E
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:57 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 3:11 pm

According to Flightaware, XA-DAS last flew 27Feb MTY-TLC as Interjet 4101
 
Westerwaelder
Posts: 254
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:27 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 5:29 pm

N6168E wrote:
According to Flightaware, XA-DAS last flew 27Feb MTY-TLC as Interjet 4101


My bad...confused VAS and DAS
 
WorldFlier
Posts: 393
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 6:13 pm

jetblueguy22 wrote:
Love all the SSJ defenders.

Yeah, Interjet is in trouble and cannibalizing other aircraft. Clearly they aren’t sound business wise. But this doesn’t excuse the same thing we hear over and over about the trouble with the SSJ supply chain. It’s trash.

The SSJ had potential to change the mindset around Russian built aircraft, but they’ve botched it every step of the way.


The problem with the Superjet were the engines and the globalized supply chain (hello 787) that Russia had no business engaging in.

You will see the lessons learned with the MS-21 having PD engines and way more Russian hardware where they can control the supply chain.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10741
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri May 08, 2020 6:34 pm

WorldFlier wrote:
jetblueguy22 wrote:
Love all the SSJ defenders.

Yeah, Interjet is in trouble and cannibalizing other aircraft. Clearly they aren’t sound business wise. But this doesn’t excuse the same thing we hear over and over about the trouble with the SSJ supply chain. It’s trash.

The SSJ had potential to change the mindset around Russian built aircraft, but they’ve botched it every step of the way.


The problem with the Superjet were the engines and the globalized supply chain (hello 787) that Russia had no business engaging in.

You will see the lessons learned with the MS-21 having PD engines and way more Russian hardware where they can control the supply chain.

The problem with the SSJ is the same as it always has been with Russian aircraft- poor worldwide aftermarket support which kills any future interest in the aircraft. The Russians haven’t really demonstrated strength in that area no matter if they have full control of supply chain or not. The SSJ’s more global supply chain was suppose to improve support. It did not.
 
justplanesmart
Posts: 735
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2001 3:25 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sat May 09, 2020 4:11 am

rojo wrote:
Does anyone know what's left from 4O's Airbus fleet?


Based on info from multiple sites, none are active at present. 7 A320 and 1 A321 are still listed in the fleet as stored, split between Toluca and Mexico City, except for XA-ACO, which has been in Sal Salvador for almost four months.
"So many planes; so little time..."
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sat May 09, 2020 7:31 pm

SAT has impounded some of the SSJs, don't know how many of them,apparently they are the non-flying ones. Internet's ops. director said all of the 22 SSJs are in flight-worthy conditions, which is simply not true since we all know XA-PBA was smashed against an airway. I am hearing they are trying to work out a deal with Safran to get the combustors repaired/replaced for all the fleet. And yes, it is Safran who dropped the ball, not SCAC.
 
2175301
Posts: 1898
Joined: Wed May 16, 2007 11:19 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun May 10, 2020 4:21 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
SAT has impounded some of the SSJs, don't know how many of them,apparently they are the non-flying ones. Internet's ops. director said all of the 22 SSJs are in flight-worthy conditions, which is simply not true since we all know XA-PBA was smashed against an airway. I am hearing they are trying to work out a deal with Safran to get the combustors repaired/replaced for all the fleet. And yes, it is Safran who dropped the ball, not SCAC.


That just does not match with what was often told by various companies over the years. My memory is that it has been mentioned multiple times from multiple sources that Sukhoi required that ALL parts be purchased through them, and prohibited any supplier from supplying parts directly to any owner of a SSJ. Sukhoi was going to control the entier parts supply (and this was needed to ensure that they made a profit on the project).

That would have worked IF Sukhoi had then set up an appropriate warehouse of parts, and also ordered appropriate parts 3-6 months in advance from many of the suppliers. They did neither. I believe history has adequatly shown that while Sukhoi had an initial small quantity of parts; that they many times did not order replacements until their inventory went to zero. This forced airlines to park easily repairable aircraft until parts were available. The fact that they did not learn from their initial issues years ago and then set up an appropriate parts supply operation speaks clearly about their inability to manage parts.

Based on my understanding, there is no way Safran can deal directly with Interjet (or any owner other than Sukhoi itself) based on the contracts signed.

Now Sukhoi could have released those contract rights. In my opinion they are at least 5 years to late at this stage if they have. But, it has never been about Safran or any other supplier not being able to produce and supply parts for their equipment. The equipment and parts suppliers just are not a warehouse for the industry. They typically ship parts to someone else to inventory once they are produced.

Ih my opinion; this is all - the entire fiasco - on Sukhoi and their inability to understand that to meet western standards they had to have a real parts warehouse and support to western standards. Not just a plan and promises.

Have a great day,
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1820
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun May 10, 2020 6:44 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
SAT has impounded some of the SSJs, don't know how many of them,apparently they are the non-flying ones. Internet's ops. director said all of the 22 SSJs are in flight-worthy conditions, which is simply not true since we all know XA-PBA was smashed against an airway. I am hearing they are trying to work out a deal with Safran to get the combustors repaired/replaced for all the fleet. And yes, it is Safran who dropped the ball, not SCAC.


Irregardless of who manufactures the part, it is Sukhoi that's responsible in front of the customer for parts availability; especially when Sukhoi (via SuperJet International) does not allow the OEMs access to aftermarket.
In the worlds of Airbus and Boeing, they will make it right to the customers, then work behind the scene with the suppliers.

2175301 wrote:
That just does not match with what was often told by various companies over the years. My memory is that it has been mentioned multiple times from multiple sources that Sukhoi required that ALL parts be purchased through them, and prohibited any supplier from supplying parts directly to any owner of a SSJ. Sukhoi was going to control the entier parts supply (and this was needed to ensure that they made a profit on the project).

That would have worked IF Sukhoi had then set up an appropriate warehouse of parts, and also ordered appropriate parts 3-6 months in advance from many of the suppliers. They did neither. I believe history has adequatly shown that while Sukhoi had an initial small quantity of parts; that they many times did not order replacements until their inventory went to zero. This forced airlines to park easily repairable aircraft until parts were available. The fact that they did not learn from their initial issues years ago and then set up an appropriate parts supply operation speaks clearly about their inability to manage parts.

Based on my understanding, there is no way Safran can deal directly with Interjet (or any owner other than Sukhoi itself) based on the contracts signed.

Now Sukhoi could have released those contract rights. In my opinion they are at least 5 years to late at this stage if they have. But, it has never been about Safran or any other supplier not being able to produce and supply parts for their equipment. The equipment and parts suppliers just are not a warehouse for the industry. They typically ship parts to someone else to inventory once they are produced.

Ih my opinion; this is all - the entire fiasco - on Sukhoi and their inability to understand that to meet western standards they had to have a real parts warehouse and support to western standards. Not just a plan and promises.

Have a great day,

I was working for an OEM who was Tier 1 on the SSJ; we were strictly prohibited to discuss with the operators regarding parts sales or repairs. All had to go through SJI.
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun May 24, 2020 4:58 pm

qf789 wrote:
Aviation Capital Group A320neo VP-CCQ (NTU Interjet) has been delivered XFW-ZRH (23 May), seen below arriving at ZRH

Image

https://twitter.com/Gschmoidy/status/12 ... 94498?s=20


and another one
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 24735
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Fri May 29, 2020 6:33 pm

To add to their troubles, Interjet owes US$37.7 million to Aeropuertos y Servicios Auxiliares for jet fuel purchases.

https://www.elsoldesanluis.com.mx/finan ... 92042.html
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
xdlx
Posts: 965
Joined: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:29 pm

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Sat May 30, 2020 12:40 pm

When Tax man comes.... Give them the 20+ SSJ and they can sell them right next to TP-1
 
User avatar
aemoreira1981
Posts: 3616
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Sat May 30, 2020 1:40 pm

How has 4O not announced it's ceasing operations yet? As it is, the SSJs are probably worthless. There are 7 A320s and 1 A21N still parked in Mexico but not repossessed, and presumably only settling the parking fees is preventing repossession. (Air Canada has already agreed to lease 5 of the former 4O frames and place them with RV.)
 
guillelds
Posts: 72
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:20 am

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Sat May 30, 2020 2:18 pm

zkncj wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
But does anyone want to buy SSJs?


Air Koryo? Would probably be the only one.

Or if they were much cheaper an random airline somewhere in Africa.


Probably Maduro for Conviasa
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:58 pm

Airbus A320 -214 2930 XA-EBA Interjet ferried 01jun20 MEX-SFB-LCQ on return to lessor ex EI-EYR

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb.main?LC=nav4
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:44 pm

GECAS derigestered: XA-BIG, XA-JMA, XA-AYO, XA-ARG, XA-WJS y XA-LHG
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:56 pm

Airbus A320 -214 5665 VP-CDD LAF Leasing regd 25may20, parked at SJO (+ 5878 VP-CDI at TUS ex XA-LHG) ex XA-JMA

Airbus A320 -214 3631 VP-CBM Celestial Aviation regd 25may20, parked at SJO (+ 3644 VP-CBQ ex XA-AYO) ex XA-BIG

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=1
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4813
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:02 pm

Interjet is the worst of Mexican business , horribly run company. I have flown on interjet , the operations from top down are a mess, unorganized and out of control. Was a cool airline for a while but the signs of it it being totally unorganized were always there. Nothing about interjet surprises me at this point, I don't have too much faith in them surviving the current global situation .
 
intaJET
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 3:22 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:13 pm

Greetings,

We are all going through tough and trying times. Interjet had a stellar service reputation and trip reports on the SSJ's were overall, highly favorable. Now, what a great opportunity for the Russians to step-up and show their metal. In reality, Interjet are now totally SSJ centric, Russia should offer spares AND immediate assistance, to enable the grounded aircraft to achieve service level. Not withstanding, a commitment (which has to be kept) to offer on-going timely spares support to maintain fleet serviceability This would be ideal for both Interjet's and SSJ's reputation (repair), credibility and passenger confidence. Truly hope the carrier will survive, it must be very difficult for all concerned.

To better times my friends,
IntaJET
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 4813
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:35 pm

100% agree the SSJ is a nice plane I did get to fly on one with interjet. Great customer experience. You are correct Russia should step up and support the plane better for interjet with a spare parts facility in Mexico. Everyone Including finance companies want the planes back in service.
 
User avatar
DKNEF
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun May 17, 2020 6:47 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 am

Hello everyone.

Any chance Mexicana could make a comeback if Interjet goes belly up? I heard rumors last winter there there were plans on bringing Mexicana back but as a new airline using the Mexicana brand. If Interjet goes bust I think in the near future there could be room for a new airline in Mexico.
 
DesertAir
Posts: 1449
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:34 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:34 pm

From what I understand Interjet is not using the majority of their SSJ fleet because they cannot acquire the necessary parts to keep the fleet running. Interjet was conceived as an alternative to the high priced Aeromexico and the low end charge for everything Volaris. Viva has made a great comeback with reliable service and competitive pricing with Volaris. I flew Interjet a number of times between Tijuana and Mexico City, Guadalajara and León. Their service was always great. But, they seem to not have found their place in the Mexican aviation scene, have racked up a lot of debts to airports, unpaid taxes...
 
nine4nine
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:44 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:53 pm

DKNEF wrote:
Hello everyone.

Any chance Mexicana could make a comeback if Interjet goes belly up? I heard rumors last winter there there were plans on bringing Mexicana back but as a new airline using the Mexicana brand. If Interjet goes bust I think in the near future there could be room for a new airline in Mexico.



Boy that would be a dream come true. Would be great to see a return of MX with a 737 fleet in the 70’s-80’s black and gold livery.
717, 727-100, 727-200, 732, 733, 734, 735, 73G, 738, 739, 742, 748, 752, 753, 762, 763, 772, 77W, 787-10, DC9, MD80/88/90, DC10, 319, 220-300, 320, 321, 321n, 332, 333, CS100, CRJ200, Q400, E175, E190, ERJ145, EMB120
 
User avatar
Devilfish
Posts: 7126
Joined: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:52 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:46 pm

intaJET wrote:
Now, what a great opportunity for the Russians to step-up and show their metal. In reality, Interjet are now totally SSJ centric, Russia should offer spares AND immediate assistance, to enable the grounded aircraft to achieve service level.

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
You are correct Russia should step up and support the plane better for interjet with a spare parts facility in Mexico. Everyone Including finance companies want the planes back in service.

It seems the Russians seconding the remaining SSJs to CU would be a better proposition...they appear to have a knack for keeping their Antonovs and Ilyushins flying even if they're also chronically short of funds themselves. Granted their services and maintenance may be spotty but it's understandable given their situation. At least, they need not pretend to burnish their reputation and UAC could be doing a good deed providing more modern, relatively safer aircraft for people to fly in. Of course, that is incredibly altruistic too!
"Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Garfield
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:50 pm

During May, Interjet operated three Russian-made aircraft with registration XA-PPY, XA-VAS and XA-VER.

By June, up to four Sukhoi aircraft with license plates XA-JBA, XA-DAS, XA-NGO and XA-ABM are expected to be able to operate commercial flights, according to company sources. On average, the 19 Sukhoi planes that Interjet has on the ground have gone 621 days without operating commercial flights.


Source in Spanish https://a21.com.mx/aerolineas/2020/06/1 ... desde-cdmx
 
User avatar
ghost77
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 2:07 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Sat Jun 13, 2020 8:24 am

DKNEF wrote:
Hello everyone.

Any chance Mexicana could make a comeback if Interjet goes belly up? I heard rumors last winter there there were plans on bringing Mexicana back but as a new airline using the Mexicana brand. If Interjet goes bust I think in the near future there could be room for a new airline in Mexico.


As much as this would me happy, I don't see it would stand a chance to start up in the middle of an economic crisis and not to mention the terrible political situation Mexico has gotten into. In order to have strong airlines, it would be better to let others grow natural and gain more power to AM, Y4 and VB.

Interjet tried to compete with TAR on the TLC-ACA, they even commited suicide by lowering more the prices when TAR had the right aircraft and capacity. TAR decided to re-route it's planes and not loose more money whereas Interjet kept bleeding red.

Interjet's a whole mess. I really can't believe how DOT and Canada will let them fly in July and December respectively.

Today I saw XA-RLM, the last Airbus 321, moved from Interjet's hangar to Mexicana's MRO hangar. It was sitting outside all taped near the titles and logo's. Will they'll be removed? Is it also now been repossessed by lessor?

g77
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Who would have thought Interjet would end becoming an SSJ only operator. They are banging the hours out of them flying 14 routes with only three airframes. Kudos to their mx team.
 
dcajet
Posts: 4709
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:31 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:13 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Who would have thought Interjet would end becoming an SSJ only operator. They are banging the hours out of them flying 14 routes with only three airframes. Kudos to their mx team.


Who knew? Miracles DO happen!
Keep calm and wash your hands.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:37 am

Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.
 
User avatar
ghost77
Posts: 4576
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 2:07 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:25 am

dcajet wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
Who would have thought Interjet would end becoming an SSJ only operator. They are banging the hours out of them flying 14 routes with only three airframes. Kudos to their mx team.


Who knew? Miracles DO happen!


LOL.

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.


Wow, last flight was done in March 31st 2019. XA-DAS was stopped in April 2020. Wonder why it hasn't returned this last one.

g77
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:45 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.


Nice ! hope to see at least half of the SSJ fleet back in air
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:34 pm

ghost77 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
Who would have thought Interjet would end becoming an SSJ only operator. They are banging the hours out of them flying 14 routes with only three airframes. Kudos to their mx team.


Who knew? Miracles DO happen!


LOL.

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.


Wow, last flight was done in March 31st 2019. XA-DAS was stopped in April 2020. Wonder why it hasn't returned this last one.

g77

C-check was just finalized. I also expected DAS to join the fleet before the others. Still no transfer flight from TLC for XA-MRM though. Other three birds have been working like clockwork, good to see that.
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20349
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:54 pm

ghost77 wrote:
dcajet wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
Who would have thought Interjet would end becoming an SSJ only operator. They are banging the hours out of them flying 14 routes with only three airframes. Kudos to their mx team.


Who knew? Miracles DO happen!


LOL.

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.


Wow, last flight was done in March 31st 2019. XA-DAS was stopped in April 2020. Wonder why it hasn't returned this last one.

g77

How many hours/cycles per day are the SSJ100s flying?

Wow... I admit to having written off Interjet. The fact they are flying is amazing!

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:49 am

lightsaber wrote:
ghost77 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Who knew? Miracles DO happen!


LOL.

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.


Wow, last flight was done in March 31st 2019. XA-DAS was stopped in April 2020. Wonder why it hasn't returned this last one.

g77

How many hours/cycles per day are the SSJ100s flying?

Wow... I admit to having written off Interjet. The fact they are flying is amazing!

Lightsaber

Somewhere around 7-8 hrs and 12-14 cycles per day. Not bad at all considering Interjet has never been a high utilization airline. Wonder what loads they are getting right now. It might be they lucked in having the SSJs with the current market.
 
drmlnr1
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:38 am

ghost77 wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Does anyone seeing Interjet flying in 2022? Even if they get some help to stay afloat i can't see that being anything but temporary.


Yes, THIS government will not let them go belly up.

Since March 17th 2020, Interjet has grounded their last SSJ100 in the air.

XA-VAS
XA-PPY
XA-VER

Since March 19th 2020, Interjet has returned to lessors:

A320s:

XA-ACO
XA-INJ
XA-NBA
XA-ABC
XA-ING
XA-SUN
XA-WAB

A320Ns:

XA-JRM
XA-APO
XA-APA
XA-WJS
XA-ARG

A321s:

XA-ZEN
XA-TEA
XA-PAT
XA-MAP
XA-VMM
XA-PGA

Grounded for months for some unknown reason:

A320s:

XA-MTY
XA-IJA
XA-RBA
XA-TLC
XA-XII
XA-FUA
XA-LHG

A321s:

XA-JOE being repaired after tail stike in GYR? Will it return?
XA-RLM

Flying for the last days:

A320s

XA-IJT
XA-VTA
XA-ALM
XA-MLR
XA-KNO
XA-EBA
XA-MYR
XA-BIC
XA-JCV
XA-BIG
XA-AYO
XA-ZIH
XA-DOS
XA-BIO
XA-ECO
XA-MTO
XA-YES
XA-VCT
XA-JAV
XA-BAV
XA-IUA
XA-JMA
XA-GAC
XA-CRM
XA-CBA
XA-MBA
XA-UNO
XA-FUN

A320Ns:

XA-DQR
XA-DJM

A321s:

XA-JPB
XA-AJB
XA-GEO
XA-NEO
XA-JIL
XA-DBR

Possible active fleet: 28xA320, 2xA320N, 6xA321, total: 36 birds / 9 with possibilited to fly again. That's only near to 40 frames for a restart out from once 65 Airbus + SSJ100

Interjet has 4 A320Ns in TLS, maybe to become NTU.

g77

I just saw XA-JOE and XA-FUN last week while over near the airport for some business and XA-JOE was still in the hangar being repaired
Flying is relaxing!
 
mark1484
Posts: 78
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 12:57 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:18 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
ghost77 wrote:
dcajet wrote:

Who knew? Miracles DO happen!


LOL.

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Good news. SSJ100 SN95086, XA-MRM will return to the fleet tomorrow.


Wow, last flight was done in March 31st 2019. XA-DAS was stopped in April 2020. Wonder why it hasn't returned this last one.

g77

C-check was just finalized. I also expected DAS to join the fleet before the others. Still no transfer flight from TLC for XA-MRM though. Other three birds have been working like clockwork, good to see that.


XA-MRM was in flight early this morning, test flight or reposition?
 
drmlnr1
Posts: 149
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:16 pm

Re: Interjet Now Cannibalizing Its Airbus Fleet according to Bloomberg

Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:44 pm

mark1484 wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
ghost77 wrote:

LOL.



Wow, last flight was done in March 31st 2019. XA-DAS was stopped in April 2020. Wonder why it hasn't returned this last one.

g77

C-check was just finalized. I also expected DAS to join the fleet before the others. Still no transfer flight from TLC for XA-MRM though. Other three birds have been working like clockwork, good to see that.


XA-MRM was in flight early this morning, test flight or reposition?


Reposition and she’s scheduled to fly to Cancun today according to Flightradar24
Flying is relaxing!
 
danipawa
Posts: 478
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Update: Interjet Now only flying SSJ

Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:22 pm

Nice to see them back in the air, they are owned, so lets rescue the airline itself
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 8

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AB330, AH45, B-787, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], dbo861, EDIGLA18, F9LASDEN, geardown, Haemoglobin, hooverman, klwright69, loubeyre, MrHMSH, n2dru, StefanP, trinidadeG and 178 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos