Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Wayfarer515

Re: Update: Interjet Now only flying SSJ

Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:08 am

danipawa wrote:
Nice to see them back in the air, they are owned, so lets rescue the airline itself

Not exactly owned, they are under a financial lease, but yeah it's more or less the same. Wonder if they will end up reviving all the fleet, and how much UAC is helping them out. It is a win-win situation for both if Interjet comes out of the ashes with an all SSJ fleet.

intaJET

Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:27 pm

danipawa wrote:
Nice to see them back in the air, they are owned, so lets rescue the airline itself

Greetings,

It is heartening to read that they are rescuing themselves. No small feat, as this must be taking a big concerted effort by all concerned. Like a "Phoenix rising from the ashes" and not done (as far as I know), with any state aid. I Congratulate both the employees and management (and maybe the Russians, who knows) for pulling together. Some other worldwide carriers should take note of this achievement. I wish them Good Luck and success.

Take care everyone.
IntaJET

intaJET

Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:26 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Not exactly owned, they are under a financial lease, but yeah it's more or less the same. Wonder if they will end up reviving all the fleet, and how much UAC is helping them out. It is a win-win situation for both if Interjet comes out of the ashes with an all SSJ fleet.

Just read the post from Wayfarer515, I agree with you totally.

Best wishes
IntaJET

dcajet

Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:36 pm

intaJET wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Greetings,

It is heartening to read that they are rescuing themselves. No small feat, as this must be taking a big concerted effort by all concerned. Like a "Phoenix rising from the ashes" and not done (as far as I know), with any state aid. I Congratulate both the employees and management (and maybe the Russians, who knows) for pulling together. Some other worldwide carriers should take note of this achievement. I wish them Good Luck and success.

Take care everyone.
IntaJET

Isn't that sweet? Excuse me but this post is a bit dubious. How exactly does an airline go from flying embarrassment to poster child in one fast snap?

Is this the same airline that is blocking customers on Twitter when they contact them when they have an issue with their travel plans? All upended, of course. Does not seem such a serious operation to me.

Keep calm and wash your hands.

intaJET

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:16 pm

dcajet wrote:
intaJET wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Greetings,

Take care everyone.
IntaJET

Isn't that sweet? Excuse me but this post is a bit dubious. How exactly does an airline go from flying embarrassment to poster child in one fast snap?

Is this the same airline that is blocking customers on Twitter when they contact them when they have an issue with their travel plans? All upended, of course. Does not seem such a serious operation to me.

Greetings,

A dubious post? Why would you denigrate a company that's trying to salvage itself from a disastrous situation, and obviously making (so far) a decent job of doing so. Not everyone or company throws in the towel so easily. I guess it all depends on your perspective, tenacity and strength of character.

Be safe everyone & look forward to better times ahead.
IntaJET

dcajet

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:28 pm

intaJET wrote:
I guess it all depends on your perspective, tenacity and strength of character.

Or the t-shirt you are wearing.

intaJET

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:33 pm

dcajet wrote:
intaJET wrote:
I guess it all depends on your perspective, tenacity and strength of character.

Or the t-shirt you are wearing.

Care to elaborate?

dcajet

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:37 pm

intaJET wrote:

Care to elaborate?

This

intaJET wrote:
Greetings,

Take care everyone.
IntaJET

AndoAv8R

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:39 pm

Is Russia finally giving the parts/spares/support for these or are they still relying on cannibalizing other planes they have?

intaJET

Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:56 pm

AndoAv8R wrote:
Is Russia finally giving the parts/spares/support for these or are they still relying on cannibalizing other planes they have?

Hello AndoAv8R, I certainly hope they are being supported (as they should be) by the Russians - Sukhoi. Both reputations of Interjet and the plane manufacturer (Sukhoi) are at stake and need to be rehabilitated.

Best to all.
IntaJET

slcdeltarumd11

Tue Jun 23, 2020 3:03 am

So it now sounds like they have 4 planes fully operational? It seems like they should be able to get more, whatever they did on maintenance or repairs clearly worked because they seem to be not only flying but reliable flying with very high utilization. Alot more flights than usual per plane.

I got to fly on interjet on a SSJ and it seemed really nice, crew seemed very happy and liked the plane. Wouldn't it be amazing if a smaller fleet and lower expenses could somehow save the airline? Everyone pretty much wrote them off , they get rid of the expensive airbuses and thrive all of a sudden? Their customer service is weak but honestly not surprising for Mexico. They had issues with Airbus too, I think it was interjet, but In a true survival crises they got rid of some bad apples and finally got something working! Kind of unreal to see , let's see how it goes.

argentinevol98

Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:16 am

I hope for the sake of the employees management has actually gone through and been clear to themselves about how and where they've screwed up. I also hope that UAC is actively trying to get their act together and will from now on supply a reliable stream of parts and support for the SSJ fleet. I'm dubious on both counts but wish them the best. Something SSJ sized might actually make more sense as the basis for the fleet with their business model. It doesn't seem like they get very good per seat yields so maybe needing to sell fewer seats to fill the aircraft might help. Certainly an A321 seems too large. They do need to do a better job with customer service though. If the idea is to sell 34" pitch Y seats you need higher fares than a true LCC which probably also means building a brand around the idea of a better "experience" to justify higher fares. Great Y pitch is part of that but poor customer service will kill that image fast. It's my experience that people remember being treated poorly as a passenger much more than legroom (tight or spacious). They need to be serious about rebuilding themselves.
"He sospechado alguna vez que la única cosa sin misterio es la felicidad, porque se justifica por sí sola"-Jorge Luis Borges

Wayfarer515

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:07 am

Rumor has it there will be two A320´s joining the fleet from July 1st and will cover MEX-TIJ, and increase capacity to MEX-MTY, MEX-CUN already being flown by the SSJs. The SSJs will take over MEX-SAT,MEX-SAL and MEX-GUA from July 16, and the A320s will start MEX-UIO, MEX-GYE on that same date. I do expect at least three or four more SSJs to join the fleet soon, as there is work going on to make these birds flyworthy again, I am positive XA-DAS is ready to go, was kind of surprised XA-MRM jumped the gun. I can also confirm these birds all have the updated SAM146 engines with the new combustor so they are good to go for another 8000 hours before next overhaul. What I cannot say is who paid for this or if UAC is helping them out with the spare parts for the airframes themselves, but it would seem so since they are all flying like Swiss watches.

mtzguerrero

Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:27 am

I flew with Interjet back in the times where they were completely based in Toluca, and after they entered into Mexico City and took half of the old Mexicana's counters in Terminal 1.

While they were in Toluca, they were a very fine company and part of it's public speech was to grow slow but steadily with a great service but low internal costs.

For us customers it was immediately evident that their step into Mexico City and growth there, was "biting off more than they could chew". Huge and unorganized queues, employees without the best attitude, started to take old-looking Airbuses, and delays. Then, the SSJs came in and the things got really worse.

Now, they have a very difficult road ahead. Not only they have to figure out how to remain flying, but also to regain their customers' confidence. In México we have some experience of airlines disappearing suddenly, so there won't be a lot of people eager to book with them for flights in future months.

All this said, I really hope to see them recover, and get back on track to the reputation they had back in 2010.

Wayfarer515

Wed Jun 24, 2020 6:12 pm

mtzguerrero wrote:
I flew with Interjet back in the times where they were completely based in Toluca, and after they entered into Mexico City and took half of the old Mexicana's counters in Terminal 1.

While they were in Toluca, they were a very fine company and part of it's public speech was to grow slow but steadily with a great service but low internal costs.

For us customers it was immediately evident that their step into Mexico City and growth there, was "biting off more than they could chew". Huge and unorganized queues, employees without the best attitude, started to take old-looking Airbuses, and delays. Then, the SSJs came in and the things got really worse.

Now, they have a very difficult road ahead. Not only they have to figure out how to remain flying, but also to regain their customers' confidence. In México we have some experience of airlines disappearing suddenly, so there won't be a lot of people eager to book with them for flights in future months.

All this said, I really hope to see them recover, and get back on track to the reputation they had back in 2010.

They are flying with 70+% occupations right now, their Tijuana flights are already booked above 85%, even with all its problems, customer experience flying IAJ is still better than all the other crappy airlines competing against them.

intaJET

Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:02 pm

[/quote]
They are flying with 70+% occupations right now, their Tijuana flights are already booked above 85%, even with all its problems, customer experience flying IAJ is still better than all the other crappy airlines competing against them.[/quote]

Greetings,

This is great news. Lets hope they continue on this recovery path, they are working hard under very hard constraints.

Take care everyone.
IntaJET

Sancho

Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:17 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
mtzguerrero wrote:

They are flying with 70+% occupations right now, their Tijuana flights are already booked above 85%, even with all its problems, customer experience flying IAJ is still better than all the other crappy airlines competing against them.

4O used to be my favorite carrier but my last couple of flights with them were terrible, long delays, they left my bag in MEX, reduced onboard service and also they changed my schedule once, and this was before Covid

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:15 pm

I don't even know why they would want to get airbuses back this soon. This is interjets problem do one thing and get it perfect before you move on. They always move on halfway thru. Clearly they got three SSJs running great and reliably with high occupancy rates when they were forced too. Those three have been super reliable and internet almost looks more on time than the old interjet even w three being running around the clock. They should get more SSJ flying keep this good thing going before moving on. I like interjet but it's moves like this that have been their flaws all along. They have such a good thing going they are gonna put too much on their plate again, I can see it now. I am really pulling for them but they should focus on domestic routes right now and the SSJ can fly all of them. I do hope they make it they amazingly defied all odds and have something going that's working with actually impressive load factors for June 2020.

I have had the worst, most unbelievable experiences with aero Mexico, Interjet has a shot at winning people back.

mtzguerrero

Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:42 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:

I don't think this is amusing, considering they're flying more than 20 times less planes, in a type with almost 33% less capacity than the A320 (without mentioning the A321s). These well could be bookings made before the COVID-19 outbreak. Even when numbers are cold, we always can use those that make our opinion look better.

Another problem they have is that, when they decided to stop betting on the SuperJets, they did lay off lot of the personnel that were assigned to that sub fleet. Now they have lots of crews with type ratings for a plane they're not flying, again. Also, they need cash for the "liquidaciones" of the excess of ground employees, starting those in stations that they now won't fly into.

Don't get me wrong. I don't wish them to get out of business. It's just that their situation is really not great, even with those "good" load factors.

As we say in México, "una golondrina no hace primavera".

Wayfarer515

Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:05 am

These are the routes coming back starting Jul, 1st. Some of them are already being flown. TIJ was taken out at the last minute, so I guess they are only focusing on their highest yielding routes. The big question is, besides GYE and UIO which are definitely A32X routes, what will they be flying on the rest? I guess since TIJ is not coming back this hints all will be flown with more SSJs, maybe some frequencies with higher occupation will be given to the Airbus as I mentioned previously. I think many of their crews hold a type-rating for both the SSJ and the A320, same goes for their mx crews. Interesting times are coming.

https://www.interjet.com/es-mx/promociones/descuentos

Rutas nacionales
Chihuahua

Puerto Escondido

Ixtapa Zihuatanejo

Torreón

León

Acapulco

Oaxaca

Guadalajara

Rutas internacionales
San Antonio

Quito

Guayaquil

Guatemala

Miami

El Salvador

Coronado990

Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:40 pm

What? First they have high Load factors on the TIJ route and now it's not even on the list? This isn't going well.
Cornucopia

Wayfarer515

Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:19 am

It seems TIJ is indeed restarting on July 1st, these list seems to be only the discounted routes, supposedly other destinations are also starting on Jul. 1st as well, let´s see how this unfolds.

ghost77

Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 am

XA-JBA, was the last SSJ100 delivered. It had an engine failure and was STD at MTY since March '19 all the way to late 2019.

It somehow flew to TLC where it's now standing. I believe it has high chancec we can see it flying with maybe another good engine.

XA-RLM has been moved to MXA's MRO as I previously mentioned.

XA-MTY has been moved in TLC to FlyMex hangar and it's engine less. XA-ACO which I tought flew to SAL early January 2020, it's also in TLC Flymex's hangar and it's also missing it's engines.

Once said this, there are chances of seeing 4 flying next July 1st specially for the medium range routes.

XA-RBA
XA-JCV
XA-DOS
XA-FUA

Here's FUA on May 13th:

g77

Wayfarer515

Wed Jul 01, 2020 2:08 am

Some frequencies tomorrow previously flown on SSJ are now being reported to be flown by A320. Oddly enough, Tijuana is scheduled to be flown by an SU95. Have not heard anything about more SSJs being ready for operation. I think market conditions are not good enough to fly A320s at 50% or fewer loads. They'd better focus on recovering the Sukhois, which have been operating like clockwork these past months.

Wayfarer515

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:07 am

It seems the current CEO William Shaw is leaving...

https://a21.com.mx/la-caja-negra/2020/0 ... e-interjet

It was also announced earlier in the week 4O will be getting fresh capital, the source of this capital is yet unknown. They also announced there will be no layoffs and that all Airbus will eventually return to the fleet, depending on the market conditions. No further mention of when it will happen.

It seems that now it is Aeromexico the one in real danger of going bust in the Mexican market, let´s hope they all get out of this soon, but COVID-19 still has the last word on this.

danipawa

Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:41 am

this guy Shaw is part of Flycana too...

Wayfarer515

Sat Jul 04, 2020 1:01 am

danipawa wrote:
this guy Shaw is part of Flycana too...

I though that was a scam, maybe it is one!. Have not flown in about five year after being founded, reminds me of Baltia.

danipawa

Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:35 pm

Airbus A320 -214 5867 XA-FUA Interjet ferried 08jul20 TLC-SJO on return to lessor ex D-AVVD

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=1

SEU

Thu Jul 09, 2020 2:49 pm

Just checked wiki, is it true they only have 10 planes now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Interjet

slcdeltarumd11

Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:13 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Some frequencies tomorrow previously flown on SSJ are now being reported to be flown by A320. Oddly enough, Tijuana is scheduled to be flown by an SU95. Have not heard anything about more SSJs being ready for operation. I think market conditions are not good enough to fly A320s at 50% or fewer loads. They'd better focus on recovering the Sukhois, which have been operating like clockwork these past months.

Its almost like the Mexican airlines are trying to go under. Finally get something working and don't even optimize that , they move on too quick. They had a good thing going and I don't see demand picking up enough for needing 320s for a very long time. Interjet should really focus on surviving small and lasting Corona, but I know they will self district and try too big.

ghost77

Fri Jul 10, 2020 5:17 am

XA-RBA has been repossessed too. Now siting at Mexicana MRO next to XA-RLM.

The only last two Aibus 320 in TLC are XA-DOS and XA-JCV. JCV was going under heavy mx, maybe with a fresh check will be returned to lessor.

DOS is here next to FUA and looked under terrible shape:

FUA is gone, and all aircraft down at SJO were mostly owned by GECAS and all have been rr to VP- regs.

With Interjet anything can happen. Now that the Airbus is gone, they could now bring EJETS or Boeing 737NG's or very cheap Airbus 319s in today's market.

As for this month, I don't see them flying Airbus and most likely also not in August. Today they only had 7 departures out of MEX and they're flying only to:

ACA
CTM
CUN
CZM
GDL
MID
MTY
MZT
PVR
SJD
TIJ

Except for CUN, MTY, MID and TIJ the rest don't have daily flights.

g77

argentinevol98

Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:04 am

ghost77 wrote:

With Interjet anything can happen. Now that the Airbus is gone, they could now bring EJETS or Boeing 737NG's or very cheap Airbus 319s in today's market.

As for this month, I don't see them flying Airbus and most likely also not in August.

I think they ought to simply give up on the Airbus fleet for now. Return voluntarily all the a/c to the lessors and stick to trying to survive with the SSJ fleet for now (I know this might be tricky if the parts supply dries up again). A320s are too big for what they are trying to do in these conditions and they can get better ease of leasing terms with UAC and with any of the lessors for the A320 fleet. If they can survive a year or so and begin to return stability they could look again to adding a new fleet type (or replacing the whole fleet with a new type). Maybe NEOs again or MAXes or even A220s or E2s (or, of course, a used CEO or NG fleet). But that's too far in the future to really be thinking about now. For now, just survive the day and stabilize; take the next steps later imo.
"He sospechado alguna vez que la única cosa sin misterio es la felicidad, porque se justifica por sí sola"-Jorge Luis Borges

dcajet

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:13 pm

According to the Aviator portal, Interjet filed a commercial lawsuit to avoid the cancellation of its insurance policies.

https://aviator.aero/mailer/daily_free/ ... ew/browser

airboss787

Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:57 pm

For someone who does not follow Mexican aviation, what caused the downfall of InterJet, other than COVID? Is it a mismanaged airline or did the SSJ ruin them? What exactly led to this?
Star Alliance Gold

Wayfarer515

Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:44 pm

airboss787 wrote:
For someone who does not follow Mexican aviation, what caused the downfall of InterJet, other than COVID? Is it a mismanaged airline or did the SSJ ruin them? What exactly led to this?

Unfortunately this is not an Interjet problem only, you can see Aeromexico is also about to bite the dust, the pandemic only accelerated it. All the things you mentioned have played a part on it no doubt, but I would say the open skies agreement with the USA, the internal price wars among the Mexican airlines and most importantly the fall of the Mexican peso have played a bigger role.

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:33 am

Yeah I think horrible management more than anything. Instead of trying to develop something unique they all were just chasing market share. It's like no one was watching their spending. Always moving towards the next goal not optimizing and perfecting what they have.

Aero Mexico almost looks worse. Its so large , so it's issues are even larger and harder to pull out of the tail spin.

lightsaber

Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:39 am

dcajet wrote:
According to the Aviator portal, Interjet filed a commercial lawsuit to avoid the cancellation of its insurance policies.

https://aviator.aero/mailer/daily_free/ ... ew/browser

Insurance companies make money selling policies. So I'm curious as to why the cancellation. If non-payment, that is serious. Is there any more information?
Lightsaber
Flu+Covid19 is bad. Consider a flu vaccine, if not for yourself, to protect someone you care about.

LatinPlane

Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:41 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Yeah I think horrible management more than anything. Instead of trying to develop something unique they all were just chasing market share. It's like no one was watching their spending. Always moving towards the next goal not optimizing and perfecting what they have.

Aero Mexico almost looks worse. Its so large , so it's issues are even larger and harder to pull out of the tail spin.

Highly inaccurate your statement about AM. All the Mexican LLC's were losing money at one point or the other as they battled capturing domestic market share when they took over Mexicana's piece of the pie, but AM has been turning an operating profit throughout all this time, particularly because it focused on international growth and kept conservative on the domestic front.

Despite the fare wars, Volaris and Viva Aerobus have both among the most lowest operating cost of any airline in North America and Latin America. VIVA in particular will come out just fine. But among all the Mexican carriers, AM is the only one with a safety net of tangible assets, being the only Mexican airline to own its own aircraft which is comprised of 30% of its fleet. None of the Mexican LLC's own any of the aircraft. AM is a well run organization no doubt it has problems, but compared to Avianca and LATAM is in much better shape to weather the storm.

Interjet just never figured out its business model and this act of god was the last last straw to break the camel's back.
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

LAXintl
Topic Author

Re: Tax man comes after Interjet; SSJ fleet put up for sale

Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Money from heaven

Interjet (Mexico) received an investment of more than US$150 million that will serve to boost its capitalization, as well as to reinforce its internal structure and plan of operations during its restructuring. The investors are led by businessmen Carlos Cabal Peniche and Alejandro del Valle. More A320 and A321 aircraft will be reincorporated as part of the plan.

https://www.marketscreener.com/GRUPO-AE ... -30914954/
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

usdcaguy

Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:52 pm

Devilfish wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
But does anyone want to buy SSJs?

EIBPI wrote:
I doubt they will get $5mil per frame.

They should ask CU if it is accepting donations. :airplane:

After their debacle with the An-148s and the bad reputation of the SSJs, do you think Cubana will be able to trust Russian aircraft again? They may be looking to get any ATRs they can get their hands on, since they're at least reliable aircraft. Any CRJ-200/CRJ-700s that have been decommissioned in favor of larger jets are also good candidates for Cubana.

Interjet sounds like a mess. Will be interesting to see how long they last.

dcajet

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:08 pm

Interjet announced a capital injection of US$150 million, which was issued by a group of Mexican businessmen led by Carlos Cabal Peniche and Alejandro del Valle through an investment fund. According to the new operations plan, more Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft will be reincorporated in the coming days, which will join the current fleet of four Sukhoi SuperJet 100 aircraft.

http://enelaire.mx/interjet-recibe-capi ... e-dolares/

However, according to the Mexican press, one of the businessmen, Mr. Cabal Peniche, appears to have somewhat of a checkered past:

https://www.jornada.com.mx/2004/05/20/0 ... onomia.php

And some even call him AMLO's (Mexico's president) banker.

https://www.elfinanciero.com.mx/opinion ... ro-de-amlo

KrustyTheKlown

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:22 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Money from heaven

Interjet (Mexico) received an investment of more than US$150 million that will serve to boost its capitalization, as well as to reinforce its internal structure and plan of operations during its restructuring. The investors are led by businessmen Carlos Cabal Peniche and Alejandro del Valle. More A320 and A321 aircraft will be reincorporated as part of the plan.

https://www.marketscreener.com/GRUPO-AE ... -30914954/

More like yet another government bailout for politically connected Interjet.

Del Valle and Cabal Peniche are supposedly in charge of restructuring a government-owned retail bank (Banco del Bienestar, previously known as BANSEFI), so it's not hard to guess from where that money actually comes from.

intaJET

Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:32 pm

dcajet wrote:
Interjet announced a capital injection of US$150 million, which was issued by a group of Mexican businessmen led by Carlos Cabal Peniche and Alejandro del Valle through an investment fund. According to the new operations plan, more Airbus A320 and A321 aircraft will be reincorporated in the coming days, which will join the current fleet of four Sukhoi SuperJet 100 aircraft.

Greetings everyone,

A great development, I sincerely hope this investment pushes through. There are many fine, hard working and dedicated employees at this carrier who will be saved from the ravages of aviation unemployment. Congratulations!

Looking forward to better days ahead. Be safe & well.
IntaJET

airboss787

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
airboss787 wrote:

Unfortunately this is not an Interjet problem only, you can see Aeromexico is also about to bite the dust, the pandemic only accelerated it. All the things you mentioned have played a part on it no doubt, but I would say the open skies agreement with the USA, the internal price wars among the Mexican airlines and most importantly the fall of the Mexican peso have played a bigger role.

Thanks for the insight.
Star Alliance Gold

slcdeltarumd11

Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:16 pm

Great news! Honestly interjet is saveable glad to see someone else sees that and is investing! I hope they are very conservative and don't blow thru this generous capital injection. If they can just survive the carona virus they don't need to grow too much , I see alot of growth potential for them after it's All over.

Aeromexico really needs alot of help, the government will probably need to save them because no bank or individual will probably have faith in them to invest enough.

dcajet

Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:41 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Devilfish wrote:
gatibosgru wrote:
But does anyone want to buy SSJs?

EIBPI wrote:
I doubt they will get $5mil per frame.

They should ask CU if it is accepting donations. :airplane:

After their debacle with the An-148s and the bad reputation of the SSJs, do you think Cubana will be able to trust Russian aircraft again? They may be looking to get any ATRs they can get their hands on, since they're at least reliable aircraft. Any CRJ-200/CRJ-700s that have been decommissioned in favor of larger jets are also good candidates for Cubana.

Interjet sounds like a mess. Will be interesting to see how long they last.

Due to the US sanctions, no Western jet can be owned or operated by Cubana de Aviacion. I even think that with the latest round of sanctions some of the wet lease agreements Cubana resorted to over the past few years are not possible any longer. Unless Russia comes up with a russified SSJ100, the current ones have enough Western components that make it fall under the scope of US sanctions.

janders

Re: Updated: Interjet gets new investors, seek to grow

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:03 am

This airline sounds like a novela (soap opera) One dramatic episode after another
"We make war that we may live in peace." -- Aristotle

itripreport

Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:18 am

The entire Mexican aviation sector is a huge Telenovela. Aeromexico... Interjet.... Meanwhile Viva and Volaris (the airlines Mexicans hate the most but also fly the most because they're cheap and convenient) are soaring.

danipawa

Tue Jul 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Airbus A320 -214 3044 XA-RBA Interjet ferried 13jul20 MEX-TUS on return to lessor ex EI-FAJ

Airbus A321 -251N 8014 N814AG ACG Acquistions regd 10jul20, parked at MEX ex XA-RLM

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2

jmc1975

Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:15 am

They should merge with VivaAerobus and then rename/rebrand to Mexicana. That would give them a solid domestic network against Aeroméxico and Volaris.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos