Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Caymanair

Re: Updated: Interjet gets new investors, seek to grow

Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:09 am

usflyer msp wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Wow... In the US, missing payroll means a company is defunct. It is such a big deal, most quietly pay on Thursday night to prevent any mixup. There was once such a mixup at my employer and they jumped through hoops to get us paid before 5pm US East coast time.

Interjet is in real trouble missing payroll. I wish them luck, but until I hear about an official new owner or an annual profit, they are now in doubt.

Maybe it is a US cultural thing, be we really look down on missing payroll.

Lightsaber

I recall when Jet Airways missed payroll and some tried to claim it wasn't as big a deal outside of the US. Well for US investors, it is pretty much impossible to explain away.

I don't get why workers in other countries continue to go to work when they are not being paid. I think that might just be a big cultural difference between the US and the rest of the world. If a US company did not make payroll, they would experience mass resignations and defection of talent to other companies.

Again, that works in countries where you have good unemployment benefits, the ability to save significant sums, and/or other employment options...

LatinPlane

Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:09 am

lightsaber wrote:
Wow... In the US, missing payroll means a company is defunct. It is such a big deal, most quietly pay on Thursday night to prevent any mixup. There was once such a mixup at my employer and they jumped through hoops to get us paid before 5pm US East coast time.

Interjet is in real trouble missing payroll. I wish them luck, but until I hear about an official new owner or an annual profit, they are now in doubt.

Lightsaber

I recall when Jet Airways missed payroll and some tried to claim it wasn't as big a deal outside of the US. Well for US investors, it is pretty much impossible to explain away.

In any country, and in any language, when a company is not able to make payroll, you know such entity is technically bankrupt and operating under such strains of debt that its creditors and vendors are unwilling to continue to render services unless it pays for services on the spot with cash. An organization with such insurmountable debt can only pretend to carry on business on life support because the accountants have to make life-or-death decisions such as do I pay cash for: the rent, or do I pay for aircraft leases, or do I pay for maintenance, or do I pay for back-owed airport fees, or lastly, do I pay for employees payroll? I'm glad you pointed out Jet Airways because this is exactly how this story ends. These employees have been owed wages pre-COVID crisis! They have been told never ending excuses as to why they are not receiving proper pay on time, and you bet that they are disgruntled as HELL as a result. Sadly it is they who will lose the most when this unravels.

It boggles the mind how they continue to pretend they are revamping operations by taking once grounded aircraft that lacked proper maintenance due to insufficient spare parts and pretend to have a new strategic business plan to fly a milk-run from Mexico City to Tijuana by making two stops along the way (MEX-GDL-HMO-TIJ) because the planes with the proper range they once had have been repossessed. Mind you, I may try it just to experience the journey because it's out-of-this world to fly such a journey this day in age on a very exotic lemon vehicle to top it off. Last time such flight schedule was flown, it was on a 727-100 on a now defunct airline. Anyone care to join me? :)

Still.. I find it quite amusing when you have people stating that they have a real chance of survival with their imported lemon vehicles that nobody else wants , or that they will take over AM's market share and swear that AM will likely go bust. One has to wonder if these folks are drawn to alternative news?
Pan Am - The World's Most Experienced Airline.

Acer

Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:27 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
SSJ100 XA-GCD is now in the air, that makes it the seventh SSJ to join the fleet.

Sorry, I completely missed this and ended up posting the exact same thing a couple days later.

anxo75

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:25 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

In any country, and in any language, when a company is not able to make payroll, you know such entity is technically bankrupt and operating under such strains of debt that its creditors and vendors are unwilling to continue to render services unless it pays for services on the spot with cash. An organization with such insurmountable debt can only pretend to carry on business on life support because the accountants have to make life-or-death decisions such as do I pay cash for: the rent, or do I pay for aircraft leases, or do I pay for maintenance, or do I pay for back-owed airport fees, or lastly, do I pay for employees payroll? I'm glad you pointed out Jet Airways because this is exactly how this story ends. These employees have been owed wages pre-COVID crisis! They have been told never ending excuses as to why they are not receiving proper pay on time, and you bet that they are disgruntled as HELL as a result. Sadly it is they who will lose the most when this unravels.

It boggles the mind how they continue to pretend they are revamping operations by taking once grounded aircraft that lacked proper maintenance due to insufficient spare parts and pretend to have a new strategic business plan to fly a milk-run from Mexico City to Tijuana by making two stops along the way (MEX-GDL-HMO-TIJ) because the planes with the proper range they once had have been repossessed. Mind you, I may try it just to experience the journey because it's out-of-this world to fly such a journey this day in age on a very exotic lemon vehicle to top it off. Last time such flight schedule was flown, it was on a 727-100 on a now defunct airline. Anyone care to join me? :)

Still.. I find it quite amusing when you have people stating that they have a real chance of survival with their imported lemon vehicles that nobody else wants , or that they will take over AM's market share and swear that AM will likely go bust. One has to wonder if these folks are drawn to alternative news?

They have been flying MEX-TIJ all summer...

slcdeltarumd11

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Nice to see the aero Mexico fan boys out here with fake news.

Interjet has LOTS of problems. They are small though they are easier to solve. Aero Mexico has even larger problems and they are much more complex and harder to solve. Aero Mexico is in a terrible place right now. No one is saying that interjet will be larger then aero Mexico. Aero Mexico will need a government bail out their issues are so large, interjet doesn't.

Let's face it most business in Mexico are run terribly. Both interjet and aero mexico had issues before carona.

Interjet killed themselves by being too ambitious over and over. It's nice they are staying smaller and trying to save the airline and not repeating past mistakes. Growth will be later, right now is about survival.

lightsaber

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:48 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

The SSJ are Lemon vehicles. But as Nana used to say, when life gives you Lemons, make lemonade. You make due with the best you can as long as you can.

It is simple Interjet it technically bankrupt and any recovery finding will be soaked by back due vendor fees, Aircraft dues, and salary.

I want to fly, but I'll be flying on airlines when financial concerns due not raise maintenance concerns. An unpaid mechanic isn't likely to be in the right mindset nor the pilot doing a precheck.

Sadly, there are no other jobs. So people will work in dire hope. The basic math says Interjet is done as it is not worth the cost to keep them flying 3 years until there is a chance of profit again.

Winter is coming and there will not be the flood of Gringo tourists and business people that sustains Mexico during the Northern winter.

Lightsaber
5 months without TV. The best decision of my life.

usflyer msp

Sun Aug 30, 2020 3:49 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Can anyone name a time an airline repeatedly missed payroll and the workers were eventually paid?

LatinPlane

Sun Aug 30, 2020 5:48 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
LatinPlane wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

Can anyone name a time an airline repeatedly missed payroll and the workers were eventually paid?

Yes, Aerolineas Argentinas. Perhaps, Alitalia? Air India maybe? All state-run entities and business basket cases that fly purely on political reasons for the sake national pride. In the case of AR, this company has never really made a profit in its entire history. The airline was privatized and management of the organization was passed around several owners to try to make things work including Iberia, American Airlines, and the now defunct Marsan group. All of them failed and the airline was almost completely shut down when the state re-nationalized the company and paid all back-due wages as well as injected heavy sums to bring it back to its glorious state of national pride. The country may be a land that is always economically broke, but it will always have a national flag carrier.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7519069.stm

lightsaber

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:18 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
LatinPlane wrote:

Yes, Aerolineas Argentinas. Perhaps, Alitalia? Air India maybe? All state-run entities and business basket cases that fly purely on political reasons for the sake national pride. In the case of AR, this company has never really made a profit in its entire history. The airline was privatized and management of the organization was passed around several owners to try to make things work including Iberia, American Airlines, and the now defunct Marsan group. All of them failed and the airline was almost completely shut down when the state re-nationalized the company and paid all back-due wages as well as injected heavy sums to bring it back to its glorious state of national pride. The country may be a land that is always economically broke, but it will always have a national flag carrier.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7519069.stm

Thank you for the summary. Let me expand the original question. Has any publicly traded or privately owned company that defaulted on payroll more than 72 hours every paid the back due wages and kept flying? I give 72 hours, as I'm not going to be that interested in a one time oops on a bank transfer or other small detail.

And someone please explain why Interjet just announced they are expanding their destinations. Please tell me that is a stale link that MSN put back out as clickbait:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... r-BB18wDmT

Hint, if you don't realize I think it is deplorable to not pay wages timely, let me make that clear.

Lightsaber

rabader

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:06 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

Interjet has LOTS of problems. They are small though they are easier to solve. Aero Mexico has even larger problems and they are much more complex and harder to solve. Aero Mexico is in a terrible place right now. No one is saying that interjet will be larger then aero Mexico. Aero Mexico will need a government bail out their issues are so large, interjet doesn't.

Let's face it most business in Mexico are run terribly. Both interjet and aero mexico had issues before carona.

Interjet killed themselves by being too ambitious over and over. It's nice they are staying smaller and trying to save the airline and not repeating past mistakes. Growth will be later, right now is about survival.

Interjet wasn't or isn't a small airline, one month before COVID they were flying 80+ A320/321. The biggest issue so far is that they decided to shrink the number of airplanes before the Coronavirus hit, hence the fast aircraft return to lessors instead of grounding the planes like most of the other airlines. The problems with the payroll are totally expected, they were short on cash and have enough staff to fly 80+ A320 with full schedule buy they're only flying 7 SU95. I'm guessing that they don't have enough money to make staff adjustments, it can be expensive to fire people. Also if you're trying to get some government aid, firing people doesn't bode well. But they'll have to make a decision soon.

Polot

Sun Aug 30, 2020 9:15 pm

rabader wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

Interjet wasn't or isn't a small airline, one month before COVID they were flying 80+ A320/321. The biggest issue so far is that they decided to shrink the number of airplanes before the Coronavirus hit, hence the fast aircraft return to lessors instead of grounding the planes like most of the other airlines. The problems with the payroll are totally expected, they were short on cash and have enough staff to fly 80+ A320 with full schedule buy they're only flying 7 SU95. I'm guessing that they don't have enough money to make staff adjustments, it can be expensive to fire people. Also if you're trying to get some government aid, firing people doesn't bode well. But they'll have to make a decision soon.

The issue isn’t “they decided to shrink the number of airplanes before the Coronavirus hit.” The issue is they were in serious financial trouble before coronavirus hit, hence why the lessors were taking back their planes. They were short on cash before the pandemic. Interjet didn’t decide to shrink for fun.

Gregd75

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:39 am

I think it’s important to mention that employment law is very, very different to its equivalent in many other countries, such as the USA.

Some examples;
- Aguinaldo; by law, the company must pay a Christmas bonus, often a months additional salary.
- Primer Vacacion; by law, when you take your holiday entitlement, you get paid DOUBLE for those days off.
- A percentage of your salary is paid into INFONAVIT by your employer. This is a mandatory government saving scheme that gives the employee a lump sum of cash (saved up) when they buy a house.
- IMSS national health insurance.
- Vales de dispensa; not law, but many companies provide around $105USD a month for food purchases in supermarkets.
- (my favourite) Fondo de Ahorro; not law, but many companies operate a ‘Christmas Club’ saving scheme- the employee contributes around $125USD a month and at the end of the year, the company doubles your money and deposits a tax-free lump sum
- Liquidation; when a company restructures etc and people are laid off, the pay-off is very very generous compared to the same situation in the U.S
- Theres no legislation to allow furloughs

So, if you had an injection of cash, would you use it to keep the airline running or would you use it to lay off people that you might need in the future?

Let’s be clear. I’m not saying it’s right. It’s important to know that employment legislation here in Mexico is very different to other countries.

We can’t compare apples with apples.

ghost77

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:00 am

rabader wrote:
Interjet wasn't or isn't a small airline, one month before COVID they were flying 80+ A320/321. The biggest issue so far is that they decided to shrink the number of airplanes before the Coronavirus hit, hence the fast aircraft return to lessors instead of grounding the planes like most of the other airlines.

Interjet had 66 frames and from those, only 58 were continous active birds, and Sukhoi's were retired early March, then CV19 started and suddenly by May, again the SU was back in the skies.

Interjet was runned terrible the whole time. The Superjet was the plane that killed them and its not gonna save the airline. It all started back in december 18th 2016 when Sukhoi asked the airline to ground their planes for inspection, they didn't until december 25th when they told it was MANDATORY and a must to ground them or else they'll have an accident, so they complied.

Instead of right sizing since, they decided to keep getting more frames.

Today seems to be a crucial day! Good look! Employee's morale is way gone.

g77

anxo75

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:57 am

ghost77 wrote:
rabader wrote:
Interjet wasn't or isn't a small airline, one month before COVID they were flying 80+ A320/321. The biggest issue so far is that they decided to shrink the number of airplanes before the Coronavirus hit, hence the fast aircraft return to lessors instead of grounding the planes like most of the other airlines.

Interjet had 66 frames and from those, only 58 were continous active birds, and Sukhoi's were retired early March, then CV19 started and suddenly by May, again the SU was back in the skies.

Interjet was runned terrible the whole time. The Superjet was the plane that killed them and its not gonna save the airline. It all started back in december 18th 2016 when Sukhoi asked the airline to ground their planes for inspection, they didn't until december 25th when they told it was MANDATORY and a must to ground them or else they'll have an accident, so they complied.

Instead of right sizing since, they decided to keep getting more frames.

Today seems to be a crucial day! Good look! Employee's morale is way gone.

g77

And then the Superjets have been flying for three months without a glitch...
A lot of imprecisions and quite a few falsehoods in your comment.

ghost77

Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:55 pm

If you say so... they've been delayed in TIJ, PVR and CUN for hours with mx problems in the last 3 months.

In the meantime, Interjet has been sued by Chicago, Las Vegas and Houston airport for 3.5 million dollars.

https://www.elnorte.com/aplicacioneslib ... 70382625--

They're not returning to the USA anytime soon.

Time will tell...

g77

lightsaber

Mon Aug 31, 2020 8:52 pm

ghost77 wrote:
If you say so... they've been delayed in TIJ, PVR and CUN for hours with mx problems in the last 3 months.

In the meantime, Interjet has been sued by Chicago, Las Vegas and Houston airport for 3.5 million dollars.

Time will tell...

g77

Do you have a link on the delays? Being over $3 million in ground handling dues is bad. However, I'm curious as to how reliable the SSJs are this time around.

To others:
Have employees been paid?

Lightsaber

Wayfarer515

Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:53 am

lightsaber wrote:
ghost77 wrote:

Time will tell...

g77

Do you have a link on the delays? Being over $3 million in ground handling dues is bad. However, I'm curious as to how reliable the SSJs are this time around.

To others:

Lightsaber

I have checked the past 3 months performance and they have cancelled/delayed flight from MEX-TIJ due to weight restrictions and recently the night flights from MEX-GDL. But these have not been due to the aircraft but rather just a lack of passengers. So yes, this guy is lying once again. It is true the SSJ has been performing with no major hiccups and with a very good on-time performance.

They have also been operating with a 77% average load factor, the highest one among all Mexican carriers so I guess they have a loyal pax. base.

Finally, unfortunately there was no payment today, the management has requested a final deadline for tomorrow 5pm, let´s hope they fulfill their promises this time. As I understand, all their workforce is now owed at least 15 days of unpaid wages, this includes the SSJ crews currently flying, not a good state of mind for any airmen to work under these circumstances.

alfa164

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:20 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
I have checked the past 3 months performance and they have cancelled/delayed flight from MEX-TIJ due to weight restrictions and recently the night flights from MEX-GDL. But these have not been due to the aircraft but rather just a lack of passengers.... They have also been operating with a 77% average load factor, the highest one among all Mexican carriers so I guess they have a loyal pax. base.

This makes no sense. How can they have "weight restrictions" when there is a "lack of passengers"? How can there be a "lack of passengers" if they are "operating with a 77% average load factor, the highest one among all Mexican carriers..."?

Wayfarer515 wrote:
I have checked the past 3 months performance and they have cancelled/delayed flight from MEX-TIJ due to weight restrictions and recently the night flights from MEX-GDL. But these have not been due to the aircraft but rather just a lack of passengers. So yes, this guy is lying once again. It is true the SSJ has been performing with no major hiccups and with a very good on-time performance. They have also been operating with a 77% average load factor, the highest one among all Mexican carriers so I guess they have a loyal pax. base. Finally, unfortunately there was no payment today, the management has requested a final deadline for tomorrow 5pm, let´s hope they fulfill their promises this time. As I understand, all their workforce is now owed at least 15 days of unpaid wages, this includes the SSJ crews currently flying, not a good state of mind for any airmen to work under these circumstances.

The "highest" load factor among all Mexican airlines, but they can't pay their staff? "Lucy... you've got a lot of 'splainin' to do!"

Wayfarer515 wrote:
ISo yes, this guy is lying once again.

Based on what you wrote above, it is not "this (other) guy" who is lying once again.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

mtzguerrero

Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:51 am

alfa164 wrote:
The "highest" load factor among all Mexican airlines, but they can't pay their staff? "Lucy... you've got a lot of 'splainin' to do!"

Well, this point has a logical explanation. They have good loads in 7 regional jets, while they have the staff of an airline of >60 mainline airframes.

ghost77

Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:28 am

lightsaber wrote:

To others:

Lightsaber

I don't, but here's a superb link with nice SSJ stats:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/ ... tput=html#

As for employee's, no, it's september 1st, 12:28am LT and haven't been paid for a month. Supposedely they'll do it this day before 6pm.

g77

rabader

Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:27 pm

lightsaber wrote:

To others:

Lightsaber

According to EnElAire, a website of aviation-related news from Mexico, the employees were paid their wages yesterday and they will receive their "pantry vouchers" of "food stamps" on September 15.

http://enelaire.mx/ante-incumplimiento- ... on-15-ctm/ (Update from 09-02-2020, in spanish)

mark1484

Sat Sep 05, 2020 7:14 pm

Is it 7 or 8 Superjets that are flying now? Which one is next to return to service?

rabader

Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:20 pm

Some Interjet itineraries have been operated with ATR72 from Aeromar. I don't really understand if their agreement goes deeper than a simple codeshare that was reported earlier.
https://simpleflying.com/interjet-aerom ... codeshare/

Since Monday ATR are making the run MEX-MTY-CUU-TIJ route with the flight number VW7000 and its corresponding return VW7001
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/vw7000

Today it was the XA-UZS
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/xa-uzs

This itinerary should be the 4O3000
https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/4O3000

lightsaber

Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:42 pm

rabader wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

To others:

Lightsaber

According to EnElAire, a website of aviation-related news from Mexico, the employees were paid their wages yesterday and they will receive their "pantry vouchers" of "food stamps" on September 15.

http://enelaire.mx/ante-incumplimiento- ... on-15-ctm/ (Update from 09-02-2020, in spanish)

This is great news. Only by paying the employees can I take any corporation seriously.

Lightsaber

eamondzhang

Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:43 am

lightsaber wrote:
Thank you for the summary. Let me expand the original question. Has any publicly traded or privately owned company that defaulted on payroll more than 72 hours every paid the back due wages and kept flying? I give 72 hours, as I'm not going to be that interested in a one time oops on a bank transfer or other small detail.

Yes and I know an airline that default on payroll more than once, sometimes for more than two months and is still alive and flying - an airline called Hainan Airlines :roll: :roll:

And some of their subsidiaries as well.

Michael

intaJET

Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:53 pm

lightsaber wrote:
rabader wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

To others:

Lightsaber

This is great news. Only by paying the employees can I take any corporation seriously.

Lightsaber

Greetings,

Yes, great news indeed, Congratulations to both management for pulling through (hopefully, with no re-occurrence) and bringing payroll and benefits up to date. Admiration to the very fine employees who stuck with the company. Interjet has a fine and loyal workforce. Best of Luck to all.

Keep safe.
IntaJET

LAXintl
Topic Author

Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:46 pm

Interjet slapped with a lawsuit in U.S Federal Court for a debt of US$10.3 million to World Fuel Services, for the sale of fuel and services since January at IAH, LAS and MIA airports.

https://www.elsoldesanluis.com.mx/finan ... 44748.html
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California

Gregd75

Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:31 am

Taking a look at flightradar24, an Aeromar plane is operating an Interjet route: MEX-MTY- CUU -TIJ - CUU - MTY - MEX. plane left early in the morning and is arriving back to Mex City.

Interesting. So Aeromar & Interjet are cooperating more than just codeshares. Wetleasing? Helping a friend out because the Superjets are having problems?

How does Aeromar crew this? Surely too many flights for one crew to do in a day, so have crew dead-headed?

Very creative solution to avoid canceling Interjet flights.

intaJET

Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:21 pm

Gregd75 wrote:
Taking a look at flightradar24, an Aeromar plane is operating an Interjet route: MEX-MTY- CUU -TIJ - CUU - MTY - MEX. plane left early in the morning and is arriving back to Mex City.

Interesting. So Aeromar & Interjet are cooperating more than just codeshares. Wetleasing? Helping a friend out because the Superjets are having problems?

How does Aeromar crew this? Surely too many flights for one crew to do in a day, so have crew dead-headed?

Greetings,

Yes, VERY close operating cooperation (successfully) with Aeromar, I don't think Interjet are experiencing any issues (quite the opposite) with the Superjets that are back in service. Infact, the only problem is, getting (quickly) MORE into service.

Be safe everyone and enjoy the weekend.
IntaJET

anxo75

Sat Sep 12, 2020 7:12 pm

intaJET wrote:
Gregd75 wrote:

Greetings,

Yes, VERY close operating cooperation (successfully) with Aeromar, I don't think Interjet are experiencing any issues (quite the opposite) with the Superjets that are back in service. Infact, the only problem is, getting (quickly) MORE into service.

Be safe everyone and enjoy the weekend.
IntaJET

I wonder if Russians are helping them with getting the Superjets back in service...

mtzguerrero

Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:39 pm

A coincidence with the last months of Mexicana, where -without knowing it-, your flight was switched to an Aeromar's ATR.

Not many passengers were happy about it, specially for 2+ hour flights on a cramped ATR.

intaJET

Sun Sep 13, 2020 2:49 pm

[/quote]
I wonder if Russians are helping them with getting the Superjets back in service...[/quote]

A good Sunday to everyone,

It would be a logical conclusion that the Russians are assisting (spares, mx assistance, maybe simulator for pilots etc). This present situation has been a prime opportunity to showcase (redeem) Russian aircraft reliability reputation. Passengers & Crew alike give the Superjets (and carrier - Interjet) high marks. Of course, time will tell if this is a committed, long-term support & assistance program, lets hope so. Wishing them all well.

Take care everyone during these difficult times.
IntaJET

intaJET

Sun Sep 13, 2020 3:02 pm

mtzguerrero wrote:
A coincidence with the last months of Mexicana, where -without knowing it-, your flight was switched to an Aeromar's ATR.

Not many passengers were happy about it, specially for 2+ hour flights on a cramped ATR.

Greetings,

Firstly, Mexicana (MX) were GREAT. Very sad to see them fail.

It's not that unusual for carriers (worldwide) to swap operating aircraft and/or sub in another carrier. Recently, Interjet & Aeromar have instituted a joint agreement. It makes sense under the current situation.

Take care everyone.
IntaJET

LatinPlane

Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:48 am

intaJET wrote:
mtzguerrero wrote:

Greetings,

It's not that unusual for carriers (worldwide) to swap operating aircraft and/or sub in another carrier. Recently, Interjet & Aeromar have instituted a joint agreement. It makes sense under the current situat

Rumor has it that Aeromar is no longer cooperating in the joint agreement because Interjet has failed to pay for services when Aeromar's ATRs were subbing for Interjet. Even just two weeks ago one could buy Interjet tickets on Aeromar's website. This is no longer the case.

Meanwhile, Canada has suspended Interjet's license to operate in the country for lack of proper insurance coverage. https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/2020-a-146

Not that the airline has the proper equipment to operate to Canada nowadays, but that's pretty unusual to say the least. The airline not long ago flew to Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. While not long ago, those days are long gone.

https://www.interjet.com/en-ca/destinations/route-map/our-destinations

intaJET

Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:36 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
intaJET wrote:
mtzguerrero wrote:

Greetings,

It's not that unusual for carriers (worldwide) to swap operating aircraft and/or sub in another carrier. Recently, Interjet & Aeromar have instituted a joint agreement. It makes sense under the current situat

Rumor has it that Aeromar is no longer cooperating in the joint agreement because Interjet has failed to pay for services when Aeromar's ATRs were subbing for Interjet. Even just two weeks ago one could buy Interjet tickets on Aeromar's website. This is no longer the case.

Meanwhile, Canada has suspended Interjet's license to operate in the country for lack of proper insurance coverage. https://www.otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/ruling/2020-a-146

Not that the airline has the proper equipment to operate to Canada nowadays, but that's pretty unusual to say the least. The airline not long ago flew to Toronto, Montreal, and Vancouver. While not long ago, those days are long gone.

https://www.interjet.com/en-ca/destinations/route-map/our-destinations

Greetings on this Sunday,

Should the "Rumor" prove correct (I have not seen any locla/international press reports), this is a very sad development. The management and all staff have worked so hard to keep the carrier going and, like a "Phoenix" rising from the flames, resurrected the company to at least keep flying (in the face of ALL the adversity). Lets see what developments there are over the next few days. Best Wishes and Good Luck to all.

Stay safe.
IntaJET

intaJET

Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:15 pm

LatinPlane wrote:
intaJET wrote:
mtzguerrero wrote:

Greetings,

Rumor has it that Aeromar is no longer cooperating in the joint agreement because Interjet has failed to pay for services when Aeromar's ATRs were subbing for Interjet. Even just two weeks ago one could buy Interjet tickets on Aeromar's website. This is no longer the case. /url]

Greetings everyone,

Any furthers news on this situation?

Stay safe everyone.
IntaJET

intaJET

Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:52 pm

intaJET wrote:
LatinPlane wrote:
intaJET wrote:
mtzguerrero wrote:

Greetings,

Rumor has it that Aeromar is no longer cooperating in the joint agreement because Interjet has failed to pay for services when Aeromar's ATRs were subbing for Interjet. Even just two weeks ago one could buy Interjet tickets on Aeromar's website. This is no longer the case. /url]

Greetings everyone,

Any furthers news on this situation?

Stay safe everyone.
IntaJET

Greetings,

I am very sorry to read that several flights recently had to cancel/delay departures due to fuel suppliers cutting-off fuel supplies due to non-payment of bills. It is one issue/problem after another. It must be so difficult fielding all these challenges. I do wish the company and fine staff all the very best to be able to live and fight another day. Very sad indeed.

Keep safe/
IntaJET

Sancho

Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:32 am

Interjet's website has not been working in the last couple of days, any thoughs or news of whats happening with them?

Regards,

intaJET

Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:52 pm

Sancho wrote:
Interjet's website has not been working in the last couple of days, any thoughs or news of whats happening with them?

Regards,

Greetings everyone,

Yes, this seems (sadly) to be true. I am sorry for all Interjet staff. No one (not referring to Sancho's post) should be pleased at any companies demise, as there are many fine, dedicated and honorable people at this carrier.There does seem an element that cherish their demise here for whatever reason. Hoping for the best for everyone.

Stay safe.
IntaJET

Acer

Thu Oct 01, 2020 4:20 pm

Interjet claimed on twitter that they're upgrading their systems. Might be a server migration. Have to wait and see.

alfa164

Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:31 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Interjet will most likely take over Aeromexico's local market, since it seems very unlikely,unlike Interjet, they will be able to get out of that Ch.11 hole, they are losing money at an accelerated rate now and unless they get rid of a good portion of their fleet Covid economy will bite them really hard.

Well, that prediction didn't work out so well...

:roll:

I do not take any joy in Interjet's demise; I enjoyed flying them, and thought they filled a role in Mexico flying. Unfortunately, their management - like too many posters here - showed more hubris that acumen, and their promises ran out of excuses a long time ago.

LatinPlane wrote:

...and they seem to have suddenly disappeared...
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....

Acer

Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:44 pm

Websites's back online

intaJET

Fri Oct 02, 2020 10:02 am

Acer wrote:
Websites's back online

Greetings.

Thanks for the update. Great news that they are still here and able to fight another day :)

Have a good weekend everyone.
IntaJET

danipawa

Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:08 pm

Interjet to add up to 17 A320CEO starting this month until december : https://a21.com.mx/aerolineas/2020/10/0 ... o-despidos

anxo75

Sun Oct 04, 2020 11:57 am

danipawa wrote:
Interjet to add up to 17 A320CEO starting this month until december : https://a21.com.mx/aerolineas/2020/10/0 ... o-despidos

They will never learn...

lightsaber

Sun Oct 04, 2020 3:06 pm

danipawa wrote:

Partial translation:

At a meeting he held yesterday with a group of pilots, the entrepreneur newly arrived at the once German-owned airline, he detailed that in October the first four Airbus 320 aircraft would arrive, followed by another ten in November and three more in December. The goal is to end the year with an operational fleet of five Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft and between 16 or 17 Airbus aircraft, both sources targeted.

Wow... that is ambitious. In a recovery where every airline will throw an aircraft on any route that even meets the variable costs.
I cannot see how that is sustainable. Has there been a huge cash infusion?

Lightsaber

Sancho

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:42 pm

lightsaber wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Partial translation:

At a meeting he held yesterday with a group of pilots, the entrepreneur newly arrived at the once German-owned airline, he detailed that in October the first four Airbus 320 aircraft would arrive, followed by another ten in November and three more in December. The goal is to end the year with an operational fleet of five Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft and between 16 or 17 Airbus aircraft, both sources targeted.

Wow... that is ambitious. In a recovery where every airline will throw an aircraft on any route that even meets the variable costs.

Lightsaber

The new owners will inject USD 150 million but I don’t think that is enough, may be to restart the operation with airbus fleet and pay to some of their creditors will be.

Ishrion

Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:48 pm

anxo75 wrote:
danipawa wrote:

They will never learn...

Isn't the U.S. to Mexico market doing really well though?

Volaris is adding new U.S. routes, VivaAerobus resumed DFW during the pandemic after leaving five years ago, Viva added MEX-DFW before MTY-DFW even launched, AA recently added several CUN and SJD routes along with new flights to La Paz and Loreto, JetBlue and Alaska are expanding CUN significantly, Delta added JFK-SJD, Eastern is adding JFK-SJD, and more.

Polot

Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:29 pm

Ishrion wrote:
anxo75 wrote:
danipawa wrote:

They will never learn...

Isn't the U.S. to Mexico market doing really well though?

Volaris is adding new U.S. routes, VivaAerobus resumed DFW during the pandemic after leaving five years ago, Viva added MEX-DFW before MTY-DFW even launched, AA recently added several CUN and SJD routes along with new flights to La Paz and Loreto, JetBlue and Alaska are expanding CUN significantly, Delta added JFK-SJD, Eastern is adding JFK-SJD, and more.

Interjet needs to settle their various US debts first.

KrustyTheKlown

Sun Oct 04, 2020 7:49 pm

lightsaber wrote:
danipawa wrote:

Partial translation:

Lightsaber

The founders of Interjet were the Alemán family, the politically connected descendants of a 1950's Mexican president.

The electronic translator you used translated Alemán as German, which is the literal translation of that word, but to the casual reader implies that Interjet was owned by somebody from Deutschland (which was never the case).

The new CEO (which was interviewed in that article) is the son of Alejandro del Valle, one of the investors that supposedly loaned $150M USD to Interjet and that just won a major no-bid contract for refurbishing a federal-owned retail bank (Banco del Bienestar) despite having no experience to do so. As you may guess The Del Valle family also has deep political connections.

I said "supposedly loaned" because that interview also mentions that Interjet has yet to receive the money because according to their sources Interjet fears that Tax Authorities would seize it and they really need it to maintain operations (quote: "no lo quieren ingresar porque Hacienda lo tomaría directamente y eso no quieren, porque ese es el dinero que necesitan para mantener operativa a la aerolínea").

I guess that to pay the leases for the A320s they will have to move the money through a tax haven in which the authorities of the many countries in which Interjet is delinquent cannot seize it.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos