Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
 
santi319
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:12 pm

KrustyTheKlown wrote:

I said "supposedly loaned" because that interview also mentions that Interjet has yet to receive the money because according to their sources Interjet fears that Tax Authorities would seize it and they really need it to maintain operations (quote: "no lo quieren ingresar porque Hacienda lo tomaría directamente y eso no quieren, porque ese es el dinero que necesitan para mantener operativa a la aerolínea").

I guess that to pay the leases for the A320s they will have to move the money through a tax haven in which the authorities of the many countries in which Interjet is delinquent cannot seize it.


Sounds like a legit business case.

Seriously how is this even allowed??
 
alfa164
Posts: 3893
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Oct 04, 2020 9:13 pm

Ishrion wrote:
anxo75 wrote:
danipawa wrote:
Interjet to add up to 17 A320CEO starting this month until december : https://a21.com.mx/aerolineas/2020/10/0 ... o-despidos
They will never learn...

Isn't the U.S. to Mexico market doing really well though?


The U.S. to Mexico market is doing better than some other markets because Mexico is one of the few places U.S. citizens can travel without quarantine or extensive testing. The U.S.-based airlines think this creates an opening for expanding leisure travel to their resort markets. Mexican-based airlines, though, are at a disadvantage: they have very little name recognition in the U.S., and little, if any, flyer base here. It is interesting that Viva seems to be expanding to Mexican business centers rather than holiday destinations; perhaps they see an opening to cater to the limited VFR traffic to those cities.

I don't think Interjet could successfully capture either market; it is virtually unknown in the U.S.A., and what is know about it stirs fears of collapse and passengers left behind. Travel agents - who still do considerable holiday bookings - are not likely to steer their Clients to Interjet, regardless of the fares; this is where their confidence in the struggling, but still respected U.S.-based airlines will get their business. Indeed, the expansion of these airlines makes Interjet's possibilities even smaller - if those possibilities exist at all.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
Caymanair
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:53 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Oct 05, 2020 9:39 am

The leases would have to be taken under a different company, I would think. There are no reasonable jurisdictions you could move that cash through if tax authorities were after it.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Wed Oct 07, 2020 5:44 am

Interjet has been flying their 5 active SSJs quite heavily, 300+ hours raid on each of them per month and 8 to 10 cycles per day. I wonder where they are getting the spares from as I am pretty sure UAC is not helping them out, at least not unless they pay cash upfront. XA-DAS was grounded for engine overhaul and it is unknown what happened with XA-GCD. XA-JLG is being worked on their MEX MRO but it seems to be in pretty bad shape and still lacking engine No.2. And no, I am pretty confident no A320s will come anytime soon. They are still struggling to get fuel in some stations like CUN, since their credit is not good there anymore. Their load factors collapsed in August as the public and private trust continues to be eroded. I'd be surprised if they are still around for Christmas.
 
WorldFlier
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:40 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
Interjet has been flying their 5 active SSJs quite heavily, 300+ hours raid on each of them per month and 8 to 10 cycles per day. I wonder where they are getting the spares from as I am pretty sure UAC is not helping them out, at least not unless they pay cash upfront. XA-DAS was grounded for engine overhaul and it is unknown what happened with XA-GCD. XA-JLG is being worked on their MEX MRO but it seems to be in pretty bad shape and still lacking engine No.2. And no, I am pretty confident no A320s will come anytime soon. They are still struggling to get fuel in some stations like CUN, since their credit is not good there anymore. Their load factors collapsed in August as the public and private trust continues to be eroded. I'd be surprised if they are still around for Christmas.



Maybe they've either solved their reliability issues, or UAC has decided to prioritize Interjet for "political reasons" - either way, you have to admit it is impressive how scrappy they are. When life gave you paid-off lemons (Superjets as of a couple years ago), make as much lemonade as you can!
 
LJ
Posts: 5463
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:28 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 08, 2020 7:30 pm

Caymanair wrote:
The leases would have to be taken under a different company, I would think. There are no reasonable jurisdictions you could move that cash through if tax authorities were after it.


Why would anyone lease an A320 to Interjet when it has debts at other lease companies and airports? The only option I would see if they pay upfront, but even the I wonder if there are lease companies willing to lease out an A320 to Interjet.
 
Caymanair
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:53 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:39 am

LJ wrote:
Caymanair wrote:
The leases would have to be taken under a different company, I would think. There are no reasonable jurisdictions you could move that cash through if tax authorities were after it.


Why would anyone lease an A320 to Interjet when it has debts at other lease companies and airports? The only option I would see if they pay upfront, but even the I wonder if there are lease companies willing to lease out an A320 to Interjet.


They might not. Which is why new ownership might form a new company for that specific purpose.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:58 am

More SSJs are coming back to life. XA-JLG is being worked on Interjet's MRO @MEX, while at the TLC MRO one of the previously mothballed and white-tailed airframes XA-OUI is being painted back to Interjet's colors, XA-DAS is undergoing engine overhaul at MEX. I am highly skeptical they will be bringing A320s this month, or even this year TBH. The current agreement with their personnel is that they will be paid on a per monthly basis, this is supposedly in order not to hurt the airline's liquidity and avoid the problems they had a few days ago with the fuel delivery. It seems the five flying SU95's are being used quite heavily and with very good reliability, XA-GCD being left as backup. They will need more SSJs now that their code-sharing experiment with Aeromar is over.
 
LJ
Posts: 5463
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:28 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Caymanair wrote:
LJ wrote:
Caymanair wrote:
The leases would have to be taken under a different company, I would think. There are no reasonable jurisdictions you could move that cash through if tax authorities were after it.


Why would anyone lease an A320 to Interjet when it has debts at other lease companies and airports? The only option I would see if they pay upfront, but even the I wonder if there are lease companies willing to lease out an A320 to Interjet.


They might not. Which is why new ownership might form a new company for that specific purpose.


What would that help? It's not like leasing companies are stupid.It's even worse, if they default in a special purpose entity, then one cannot get acess to the assets of the entire company. The only option how this could work is opening an escrow account whereby the account hold enough funds for the lease payments. However, you don't need a special purpose entity to setup an escrow account (unless the owner of the special purpose entity uses it to divert funds from the parent to the special purpose entity, for which this would be a perfect structure).
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:16 pm

LJ wrote:
Caymanair wrote:
LJ wrote:

Why would anyone lease an A320 to Interjet when it has debts at other lease companies and airports? The only option I would see if they pay upfront, but even the I wonder if there are lease companies willing to lease out an A320 to Interjet.


They might not. Which is why new ownership might form a new company for that specific purpose.


What would that help? It's not like leasing companies are stupid.It's even worse, if they default in a special purpose entity, then one cannot get acess to the assets of the entire company. The only option how this could work is opening an escrow account whereby the account hold enough funds for the lease payments. However, you don't need a special purpose entity to setup an escrow account (unless the owner of the special purpose entity uses it to divert funds from the parent to the special purpose entity, for which this would be a perfect structure).


It's pretty sure no A320s are coming, it seems Interjet updated their schedule up to March 2021, no new routes or frequencies being added, so for the meantime they will keep flying SU95s only.
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 15, 2020 1:25 am

 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 5062
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:23 am

Wayfarer515 wrote:
More SSJs are coming back to life. XA-JLG is being worked on Interjet's MRO @MEX, while at the TLC MRO one of the previously mothballed and white-tailed airframes XA-OUI is being painted back to Interjet's colors, XA-DAS is undergoing engine overhaul at MEX. I am highly skeptical they will be bringing A320s this month, or even this year TBH. The current agreement with their personnel is that they will be paid on a per monthly basis, this is supposedly in order not to hurt the airline's liquidity and avoid the problems they had a few days ago with the fuel delivery. It seems the five flying SU95's are being used quite heavily and with very good reliability, XA-GCD being left as backup. They will need more SSJs now that their code-sharing experiment with Aeromar is over.


It really is great and amazing to see them get more SSJs up and running reliably. They are running the SSJs pretty heavy good to see them getting a few more flying.

Focus on the SSJ keep them flying and try to ride out the pandemic. They just need to survive right now. The SSJ and just riding out the pandemic should be the only goals here. They will be able to get some good deals on larger planes down the road.
 
Caymanair
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:53 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:33 am

My fingers are crossed that they'll return to Havana eventually! They were my key to Mexico.... and I would love to get on an SSJ.

I too think it would be better for them to work with an SSJ fleet for at least 6 more months. At some point next year there'll be a flood of aircraft needing homes at a discount and they can start shopping then, if traffic levels have recovered sufficiently.
 
anxo75
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:22 pm

Wayfarer515 wrote:
LJ wrote:
Caymanair wrote:

They might not. Which is why new ownership might form a new company for that specific purpose.


What would that help? It's not like leasing companies are stupid.It's even worse, if they default in a special purpose entity, then one cannot get acess to the assets of the entire company. The only option how this could work is opening an escrow account whereby the account hold enough funds for the lease payments. However, you don't need a special purpose entity to setup an escrow account (unless the owner of the special purpose entity uses it to divert funds from the parent to the special purpose entity, for which this would be a perfect structure).


It's pretty sure no A320s are coming, it seems Interjet updated their schedule up to March 2021, no new routes or frequencies being added, so for the meantime they will keep flying SU95s only.

In this video Carlos del Valle insists they are going to get some A320 this month already...Honestly, I don`t know what game they are playing.
https://lnkd.in/eedG93m
 
Wayfarer515
Posts: 810
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:56 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:34 am

anxo75 wrote:
Wayfarer515 wrote:
LJ wrote:

What would that help? It's not like leasing companies are stupid.It's even worse, if they default in a special purpose entity, then one cannot get acess to the assets of the entire company. The only option how this could work is opening an escrow account whereby the account hold enough funds for the lease payments. However, you don't need a special purpose entity to setup an escrow account (unless the owner of the special purpose entity uses it to divert funds from the parent to the special purpose entity, for which this would be a perfect structure).


It's pretty sure no A320s are coming, it seems Interjet updated their schedule up to March 2021, no new routes or frequencies being added, so for the meantime they will keep flying SU95s only.

In this video Carlos del Valle insists they are going to get some A320 this month already...Honestly, I don`t know what game they are playing.
https://lnkd.in/eedG93m


I just saw the interview, he mentions they will use the A320s to fly to the USA, he later mentions they will start flying abroad until December or January. So no, I stand by my previous comment, they are not bringing any Airbus this month, and probably not even in November.
 
Gregd75
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:29 am

Interjet today announced a return to International flying.

Connecting Puebla with Acapulco and JFK and Houston.

- Has there ever been flights between Acapulco and Puebla?
- Interjet hadn’t flown from Puebla before, so why use this airport?

Very curious announcement, with a publicity lunch for business leaders - all while employees haven’t been paid for 6 weeks now.

https://www.transponder1200.com/interje ... acionales/
 
debonair
Posts: 4174
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:59 am

Gregd75 wrote:
Interjet today announced a return to International flying.

Connecting Puebla with Acapulco and JFK and Houston.


I thought the US is a no-go area to fly to due the ongoing court cases about missing payments for fuel. So, is there an immediate danger that the a/c will be seized upon arrival?
 
CMA727
Posts: 34
Joined: Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:52 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 pm

Gregd75 wrote:
Interjet today announced a return to International flying.

Connecting Puebla with Acapulco and JFK and Houston.

- Has there ever been flights between Acapulco and Puebla?
- Interjet hadn’t flown from Puebla before, so why use this airport?

Very curious announcement, with a publicity lunch for business leaders - all while employees haven’t been paid for 6 weeks now.

https://www.transponder1200.com/interje ... acionales/


A Taesa Group airline called PAL (Puebla Airlines) operated scheduled Boeing 727-100 passenger services, twice a week on the MEX-PBC-ACA route back in 1993.

Regards.
 
anxo75
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Oct 20, 2020 10:38 pm

Gregd75 wrote:
Interjet today announced a return to International flying.

Connecting Puebla with Acapulco and JFK and Houston.

- Has there ever been flights between Acapulco and Puebla?
- Interjet hadn’t flown from Puebla before, so why use this airport?

Very curious announcement, with a publicity lunch for business leaders - all while employees haven’t been paid for 6 weeks now.

https://www.transponder1200.com/interje ... acionales/

More "good news" for Interjet: https://www.forbes.com.mx/negocios-cuentas-bancarias-automoviles-y-marcas-de-interjet-bajo-embargo-por-el-sat/
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25266
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Wed Oct 21, 2020 6:50 pm

Tax regulators again look to seize assets as the carrier has more than US$139 million in back taxes due.

https://www.reportur.com/mexico/2020/10 ... impuestos/
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
ghost77
Posts: 4593
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2000 2:07 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:36 am

Don't you follow (you should btw) a.net OAG posts? Interjet is NOT flying to the USA anytime sooner than April 2021.

g77
 
User avatar
KrustyTheKlown
Posts: 375
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:45 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:40 am

Interjet apparently owes VAT and payroll taxes dating back to 2017. The seizure of assets that was just executed was ordered back in Feb 2020 and involved the seizure of trademarks, bank accounts and ground vehicles. Their aircraft were not included in the seizure order as the Airbus are leased and the Sukhoi are owned by a (shell?) entity called ''Interjet Airlines Ltd''.

It seems Interjet would be in serious trouble even if the pandemic had not happened.

But in this crazy world Interjet is announcing routes that even during normal circumstances would be considered thin at best (IAH/JFK-PBC) while employees are treating to strike on Oct 30th due to lack of payments (some of which last received their wages 6 weeks ago).

The strike was first called for today but it was delayed as some employees fear it will mean the end of the airline.
 
Gregd75
Posts: 59
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:11 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:02 pm

Announcement in facebook says all Interjet flights are cancelled today, 1st November.

Why would they do this?

The angry replies to the post is impressive. Interjet reputation is being battered.

https://www.interjet.com/es-mx/informac ... importante
 
jjbiv
Posts: 1270
Joined: Mon Jan 08, 2001 10:58 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Their website lists 19 cancelled flights for today. Is that all they had planned to operate? As far as the reason, I would imagine ASA either cut off their fuel supply or their employees are refusing to work since they have not been paid. Both possibilities don't bode well for Interjet.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25266
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 8:24 pm

Yes the flight program for November 1st is canceled per their announcement. Says things will be rescheduled for November 3rd.

Obiously not a good sign, but certainly not a shock for those that follow this telenovela.

Image

https://pbs.twimg.com/ad_img/1322891204 ... name=small
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
T4thH
Posts: 1186
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:45 pm

Do we have now reached the end of this zombie airline?

Or is it still not dead enough?
 
LJ
Posts: 5463
Joined: Wed Nov 17, 1999 8:28 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:48 pm

LAXintl wrote:
Yes the flight program for November 1st is canceled per their announcement. Says things will be rescheduled for November 3rd.

Obiously not a good sign, but certainly not a shock for those that follow this telenovela.


Maybe a stupid question, but why not November 2nd? Or were those flights already fully booked or don't they serve flights on a daily basis?
 
santi319
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:51 pm

LJ wrote:
LAXintl wrote:
Yes the flight program for November 1st is canceled per their announcement. Says things will be rescheduled for November 3rd.

Obiously not a good sign, but certainly not a shock for those that follow this telenovela.


Maybe a stupid question, but why not November 2nd? Or were those flights already fully booked or don't they serve flights on a daily basis?


So random. My guess is maybe they expect to negotiate? Tomorrow is a national holiday in Mexico.
 
anxo75
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Sun Nov 01, 2020 11:32 pm

T4thH wrote:
Do we have now reached the end of this zombie airline?

Or is it still not dead enough?

It's been dead for quite a while. At this moment, everything around Interjet is surreal...They are not even firing anyone!
 
User avatar
Tomassjc
Posts: 730
Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:38 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Nov 02, 2020 12:43 am

Well, it is Day of the Dead after all. Let's see if some miracle occurs tomorrow, which is All Saints Day after all. :smile:
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your eyes turned skyward -Leonardo DaVinci
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25266
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:19 am

Confirmed cancellations are due to the nonpayment of fuel. ASA says airline prepays fuel and did not deposit funds for todays required uplift.

https://proyectopuente.com.mx/2020/11/0 ... ra-la-asa/
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
debonair
Posts: 4174
Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:07 pm

Restart tomorrow, November 03rd, yeah right... But I don't understand why the write NEXT/"EL PROXIMO" Tuesday and not THIS Tuesday or just tomorrow? Maybe it's just different in Spanish language?

https://www.interjet.com/es-mx/informac ... importante

Translated by google:
Airlines have been the hardest hit by the negative effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This situation has not been alien to Interjet, which has affected its operations and the company's cash flow.
Additionally, some of the company's aircraft have entered into maintenance tasks, which has led to a restructuring of the flight itineraries as of this date.
Interjet regrets the damage caused to passengers, and reports that more than 90 percent of users have been notified of this situation and protected for the next flights.
The airline will resume its operations on a regular basis next Tuesday, November 3.
 
Sancho
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:06 pm

Interjet webpage is not working, not looking good.
 
rabader
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:21 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:12 am

debonair wrote:
Restart tomorrow, November 03rd, yeah right... But I don't understand why the write NEXT/"EL PROXIMO" Tuesday and not THIS Tuesday or just tomorrow? Maybe it's just different in Spanish language?

https://www.interjet.com/es-mx/informac ... importante

Translated by google:
Airlines have been the hardest hit by the negative effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This situation has not been alien to Interjet, which has affected its operations and the company's cash flow.
Additionally, some of the company's aircraft have entered into maintenance tasks, which has led to a restructuring of the flight itineraries as of this date.
Interjet regrets the damage caused to passengers, and reports that more than 90 percent of users have been notified of this situation and protected for the next flights.
The airline will resume its operations on a regular basis next Tuesday, November 3.


In Mexican Spanish, there's no difference between next/this Tuesday. I don't know about other spanish speaking regions.
 
alfa164
Posts: 3893
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 12:25 am

Sancho wrote:
Interjet webpage is not working, not looking good.


I expect to see the movie, "Dead Airline Walking Flying", at a theatre soon...

:roll:
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
slcdeltarumd11
Posts: 5062
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 7:30 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:24 am

A.net will find a way to blame the SSJ on interjet not paying their fuel supplier. I feel for interjet employees their management/leadership was terrible. Sad once they focused on only the SSJ their reliability was amazing
 
RainerBoeing777
Posts: 592
Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:43 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 2:34 am

I have too many doubts, with which aircraft is Interjet flying if they do not have A320 and A321 and what will happen to all their international routes?
CX - JL - LH - KE - KL - SQ - QR - QF - TG - UA
 
santi319
Posts: 1103
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:24 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:59 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
A.net will find a way to blame the SSJ on interjet not paying their fuel supplier. I feel for interjet employees their management/leadership was terrible. Sad once they focused on only the SSJ their reliability was amazing


I mean they barely fly, 19 flights a day with a bunch of SSJ is hardly impressive...
 
alfa164
Posts: 3893
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:47 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:06 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
A.net will find a way to blame the SSJ on interjet not paying their fuel supplier. I feel for interjet employees their management/leadership was terrible. Sad once they focused on only the SSJ their reliability was amazing


The costs of trying to keep those birds flying, coupled with the inability to maintain a decent schedule - and a decent customer base, with resultant income - might be the reason they don't have the cash to advance for fuel. So yes, the problem might be traced directly to those SSJ's.
I'm going to have a smokin' hot body again!
I have decided to be cremated....
 
anxo75
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 8:49 am

alfa164 wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
A.net will find a way to blame the SSJ on interjet not paying their fuel supplier. I feel for interjet employees their management/leadership was terrible. Sad once they focused on only the SSJ their reliability was amazing


The costs of trying to keep those birds flying, coupled with the inability to maintain a decent schedule - and a decent customer base, with resultant income - might be the reason they don't have the cash to advance for fuel. So yes, the problem might be traced directly to those SSJ's.

My reply to this comment is...Azimuth.
 
Ishrion
Posts: 3584
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:33 pm

Interjet's website is still down and apparently there's some sort of protest going on?
 
Sancho
Posts: 30
Joined: Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:26 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 4:29 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Interjet's website is still down and apparently there's some sort of protest going on?


Yes, employees are protesting in the main access to MEX terminal 1. Also the Mexican Bureau of Consumer Protection (PROFECO) is advising the people to not buy tickets on Interjet

https://amp.elfinanciero.com.mx/empresa ... ssion=true
 
usflyer msp
Posts: 4052
Joined: Tue May 23, 2000 11:50 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:12 pm

At this point, I think we can say they will not be returning to the skies.
I wish the best to their employees. I had great MEX-HAV and HAV-CUN flights on 4O a few years ago.
They even handled a Cuban family that was being deported going nuts during the take-off roll like true professionals.
 
WorldFlier
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Aug 05, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:22 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
At this point, I think we can say they will not be returning to the skies.
I wish the best to their employees. I had great MEX-HAV and HAV-CUN flights on 4O a few years ago.
They even handled a Cuban family that was being deported going nuts during the take-off roll like true professionals.


2 Interjet SSJs are in the air...FWIW
 
anxo75
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:40 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:38 pm

WorldFlier wrote:
usflyer msp wrote:
At this point, I think we can say they will not be returning to the skies.
I wish the best to their employees. I had great MEX-HAV and HAV-CUN flights on 4O a few years ago.
They even handled a Cuban family that was being deported going nuts during the take-off roll like true professionals.


2 Interjet SSJs are in the air...FWIW

They weren't lying this time...
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 21749
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:45 pm

Sancho wrote:
Ishrion wrote:
Interjet's website is still down and apparently there's some sort of protest going on?


Yes, employees are protesting in the main access to MEX terminal 1. Also the Mexican Bureau of Consumer Protection (PROFECO) is advising the people to not buy tickets on Interjet

https://amp.elfinanciero.com.mx/empresa ... ssion=true

It is impossible for me to adequately represent my disgust that employees haven't been paid for two months.

Lightsaber
5 months without TV. The best decision of my life.
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25266
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Thu Nov 05, 2020 3:32 am

Schedule operations were back on Wednesday, though the website still down.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
User avatar
LAXintl
Topic Author
Posts: 25266
Joined: Wed May 24, 2000 12:12 pm

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:16 pm

Website back.

They also have a notice up.

Interjet flight restructuring
Airlines have been the most affected by the negative effects caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
This situation has not been alien to Interjet, which has affected its operations and the company's cash flow.
Additionally, some of the company's aircraft have entered into maintenance tasks, which has led to a restructuring of the flight itineraries as of this date.
Interjet regrets the damage caused to passengers, and reports that more than 90 percent of users have been notified of this situation and protected for the next flights.
From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
 
danipawa
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:06 pm

Airbus A321 -211 7358 VP-BJT BOC Aviation ferried 13-17nov20 VCV-HNL-GUM-SIN, Interjet cs ex XA-GEO
https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=2

ew homes
 
danipawa
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Interjet Discussion and News thread

Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:16 am

XA-VER, GCD, JBA, VAS active
XA-DAS last flight sept 2,MRM oct 13, PPY oct 12
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos