Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

lightsaber

Re: Delta A221 Schedule Reliability struggle

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:11 pm

Polot wrote:
JonesNL wrote:
UPNYGuy wrote:

I am a big proponent of that plane, but might that also speak volumes to the low overall output from airbus re: the A220?

The E2, 777, A330, etc. also had an overall low output and now have even an lower output.

Except for the E2 (which I’m not very familiar with re:production rate) those are all wide bodies though. What is considered “high” output for a wide body is very different than a narrow body.

The A220 has largely been untouched because it still has a strong backlog (stronger than E2) and it had a low production rate to begin with entering covid. Keep in mind that many A220s are not being delivered right now though (DL, for example, hasn’t taken one since early March).

I'll rephrase, the A220 was finally accelerating production to a level a narrowbody is viable. In aerospace, economy of scale is king. CFM certainly used it to drive up profits.

777 and A330 production survive off equipment long paid for. The E2 off the E175 production. Every plane pretty much needs 100+ per year to thrive.

With the, relatively, high A220 utilization during the last few months, that bodes well when orders return. But it is a big question of when...

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

UPNYGuy

Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:37 pm

Ok thx for clearing that up. Makes more sense :)

T4thH

Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:03 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Polot wrote:
JonesNL wrote:

The E2, 777, A330, etc. also had an overall low output and now have even an lower output.

Except for the E2 (which I’m not very familiar with re:production rate) those are all wide bodies though. What is considered “high” output for a wide body is very different than a narrow body.

The A220 has largely been untouched because it still has a strong backlog (stronger than E2) and it had a low production rate to begin with entering covid. Keep in mind that many A220s are not being delivered right now though (DL, for example, hasn’t taken one since early March).

I'll rephrase, the A220 was finally accelerating production to a level a narrowbody is viable. In aerospace, economy of scale is king. CFM certainly used it to drive up profits.

777 and A330 production survive off equipment long paid for. The E2 off the E175 production. Every plane pretty much needs 100+ per year to thrive.

With the, relatively, high A220 utilization during the last few months, that bodes well when orders return. But it is a big question of when...

Lightsaber

Regarding the A220 utilization rate:81% of all A220.
Air Canada 6/6, Delta 30/31, Swiss 21/29, AirBaltic 14/22, Korean 10/10, Tanzanie 2/2, Egyptair 5/9 total 88/109
https://twitter.com/bouroux/status/1275251363321131009
Is this the highest utilization rate now for all plane-types globally? OK, 81% in this time is pretty sure a really nice value.

lightsaber

Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:29 pm

T4thH wrote:
lightsaber wrote:
Polot wrote:

Lightsaber

Air Canada 6/6, Delta 30/31, Swiss 21/29, AirBaltic 14/22, Korean 10/10, Tanzanie 2/2, Egyptair 5/9 total 88/109
Is this the highest utilization rate now for all plane-types globally? OK, 81% in this time is pretty sure a really nice value.

I'm sure that 81% is more than the A320, 737, E190, and a few others.

Looking at details, the bulk of the groundings is AirBaltic and Swiss. For AirBaltic, it is obviously due to being on a reduced schedule. I have no good theory why so many Swiss are not flying.

Lightsaber
I cannot wait to get vaccinated to live again! Warning: I simulated that it takes 50%+ vaccinated to protect the vaccinated and 75%+ vaccinated to protect the vac-hesitant.

T4thH

Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:31 pm

lightsaber wrote:
T4thH wrote:
lightsaber wrote:

Lightsaber

I'm sure that 81% is more than the A320, 737, E190, and a few others.

Looking at details, the bulk of the groundings is AirBaltic and Swiss. For AirBaltic, it is obviously due to being on a reduced schedule. I have no good theory why so many Swiss are not flying.

Lightsaber

For Swiss or Air Baltic?

Because the demand is still low in Europe. In one month, the iEuropean ndustry has performed 10 years of digitalization i in business. International corporate travel is still down at zero, leisure flights have still not started.........
Advantage, COVID-19 is contained with few outbreaks especially in the meat industrial facilities. Europe is re-starting,
Disadvantage, low domestic and international travel.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos