Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

chepos

Re: American Airlines And Qatar Airways Sign Codeshare Partnership + AA Exploring DOH Flights

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:34 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
Vasu is starting to break out of his shell and/or gotten fresh license to use all the toys in his sandbox. It’s exciting.

He has said in the past few months that his plan is to increase cooperation with partners (and create new partnerships) to enable additional growth. I believe he was promoted to his current role less than a year ago?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

Ishrion
Topic Author

Re: American Airlines And Qatar Airways Sign Codeshare Partnership + AA Exploring DOH Flights

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:37 pm

More on potential AA metal to DOH: https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... e-to-doha/

But, when pressed, Raja said American believes there will be several possibilities for service to Doha.

“We think the connectivity of that hub is so amazing. We think it could work from a lot of different markets,” he said. “Certainly, of course, DFW [and] Chicago are some obvious ones that come to mind. But we’re are every bit as interested in Philadelphia, New York and Seattle – our newest house.”

“We’re keen to add a flight to Doha,” Raja said, but added that “wouldn’t start any sooner than 2021.”

enilria

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:38 pm

Adipocere wrote:
Couple of questions spring to mind:

1. Does this require regulatory approvals in US, EU or other jurisdictions (India?). Can this fall through like the LATAM tie up due to some obscure regulatory agency holding their nose?
2. How will BA react if this threatens their feed to the Indian subcontinent? Will they flex and withdraw from the JV or even think of moving out of OW?

QR is their largest shareholder. Not imagining much complaint. Let's also not forget that QR increased their stake in IAG right after the Air Italy shutdown. This is all connected.
Last edited by enilria on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

questions

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:40 pm

enilria wrote:
Adipocere wrote:

1. Does this require regulatory approvals in US, EU or other jurisdictions (India?). Can this fall through like the LATAM tie up due to some obscure regulatory agency holding their nose?
2. How will BA react if this threatens their feed to the Indian subcontinent? Will they flex and withdraw from the JV or even think of moving out of OW?

QR is their largest shareholder. Not imagining much complaint.

Please clarify. QR is BA’s largest shareholder?

enilria

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
Maybe AA will replace QR's flights to PHL? It's considered the worst performing US route I think so AA could use a 787 which has less capacity.

The first few years of QR flight to/from PHL it was considered one of the worst performing mostly because of the departure times in the morning from PHL where load factors at times were in the 50-60s. When they switched to night departures the load factors increased dramatically which I feel made a big difference. I think the route is doing fine now since this will be the second summer in a row of them using a 777-300 instead of the 350.

Summer is full, probably with Indians taking a Summer trip home at low yields. Fall is horrific. 1Q is decent.

PHLDOH (Combined Directions, T100)
Jun 84%
Jul 90%
Aug 83%
Sep 66%
Oct 59%
Nov 65%
Dec 76%
Jan 81%
Feb 70%
Mar 76%
Apr 84%
May 86%
Jun 91%
Jul 91%
Aug 89%
Last edited by enilria on Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

McG1967

Tue Feb 25, 2020 4:46 pm

questions wrote:
enilria wrote:
Adipocere wrote:

QR is their largest shareholder. Not imagining much complaint.

Please clarify. QR is BA’s largest shareholder?

Yes, QR own 25.1% of BA's parent company IAG.

Bigant0408

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:06 pm

enilria wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:
Maybe AA will replace QR's flights to PHL? It's considered the worst performing US route I think so AA could use a 787 which has less capacity.

The first few years of QR flight to/from PHL it was considered one of the worst performing mostly because of the departure times in the morning from PHL where load factors at times were in the 50-60s. When they switched to night departures the load factors increased dramatically which I feel made a big difference. I think the route is doing fine now since this will be the second summer in a row of them using a 777-300 instead of the 350.

Summer is full, probably with Indians taking a Summer trip home at low yields. Fall is horrific. 1Q is decent.

Jun 84%
Jul 90%
Aug 83%
Sep 66%
Oct 59%
Nov 65%
Dec 76%
Jan 81%
Feb 70%
Mar 76%
Apr 84%
May 86%
Jun 91%
Jul 91%
Aug 89%

Thank for sharing this Enilria. Gives me better perspective of the LF. Fall was definitely brutal but its probably why they used a 350 instead of 777. Makes sense
The man who sleeps on the floor doesn’t fall out of bed

chepos

Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:19 pm

Ishrion wrote:
More on potential AA metal to DOH: https://thepointsguy.com/news/american- ... e-to-doha/

But, when pressed, Raja said American believes there will be several possibilities for service to Doha.

“We think the connectivity of that hub is so amazing. We think it could work from a lot of different markets,” he said. “Certainly, of course, DFW [and] Chicago are some obvious ones that come to mind. But we’re are every bit as interested in Philadelphia, New York and Seattle – our newest house.”

“We’re keen to add a flight to Doha,” Raja said, but added that “wouldn’t start any sooner than 2021.”

The SEA comment is most interesting.

Fly the Flag!!!!

onwFan

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:03 pm

I think a QR codeshare with AS is bound to be announced soon as well. And perhaps finally, the long announced QR flight to SFO might materialize?

Aisak

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:06 pm

enilria wrote:
QR is their largest shareholder. Not imagining much complaint. Let's also not forget that QR increased their stake in IAG right after the Air Italy shutdown. This is all connected.

Also this "good relationship" bettween AA and QR suddenly comes after Air Italy.

Let's remember AA strong oposition to Air Italy flying EU-US as it was regarded under AA's eyes as a back door to un-aproved 5th freedom rights for QR.

PHLCVGAMTK

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:12 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
enilria wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:

Jun 84%
Jul 90%
Aug 83%
Sep 66%
Oct 59%
Nov 65%
Dec 76%
Jan 81%
Feb 70%
Mar 76%
Apr 84%
May 86%
Jun 91%
Jul 91%
Aug 89%

Thank for sharing this Enilria. Gives me better perspective of the LF. Fall was definitely brutal but its probably why they used a 350 instead of 777. Makes sense

It's not as though yields would have been any better funneling those passengers through LHR to BA.

QR's history in PHL is influenced by PHL having unusually-high cargo origination for an American airport. If the cargo of the self-loading variety can break even, then the flight makes money from the lower deck. We'll see what the restoration of an AA codeshare does for load factors; PHL is a favored airport for smaller AA destinations to connect over, even in winter.

Fun fact: PHL-DOH-BLR is 7,550 nmi, while PHL-SEA-BLR is 9,086 nmi.

YouGeeElWhy

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 pm

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1432355&p=21703261#p21703261

YouGeeElWhy wrote:
They also should embrace QR.

Finally.

USAirKid

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:22 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Detroit313 wrote:
How much would Qatar be allowed to own of AA under US law? They should try again to buy 10% or 20% of AA. AA shouldn't say no to the money.

AA doesn't get the money, the stock holders do.

Not if they're newly issued shares, or treasury shares. (Treasury shares are shares owned by the company.) In those cases AA gets the money.

enilria

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:36 pm

PHLCVGAMTK wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
enilria wrote:

Jun 84%
Jul 90%
Aug 83%
Sep 66%
Oct 59%
Nov 65%
Dec 76%
Jan 81%
Feb 70%
Mar 76%
Apr 84%
May 86%
Jun 91%
Jul 91%
Aug 89%

It's not as though yields would have been any better funneling those passengers through LHR to BA.

QR's history in PHL is influenced by PHL having unusually-high cargo origination for an American airport. If the cargo of the self-loading variety can break even, then the flight makes money from the lower deck. We'll see what the restoration of an AA codeshare does for load factors; PHL is a favored airport for smaller AA destinations to connect over, even in winter.

Fun fact: PHL-DOH-BLR is 7,550 nmi, while PHL-SEA-BLR is 9,086 nmi.

People think cargo is a big deal. It's may be 6-8% of revenue on a normal long haul flight. Not enough to change something from hideous to great.

Agreed that India is very low yield and has surprisingly little business traffic. I'm sure that traffic is BA's last resort to fill a seat.

enilria

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:39 pm

Aisak wrote:
enilria wrote:

Also this "good relationship" bettween AA and QR suddenly comes after Air Italy.

Let's remember AA strong oposition to Air Italy flying EU-US as it was regarded under AA's eyes as a back door to un-aproved 5th freedom rights for QR.

As I stated upthread that was also key here. Chain of events is:

AA/DL/UA whine about Air Italy being a bilateral backdoor
QR lets Air Italy suddenly disintegrate
QR increases stake in IAG/BA
QR signs deal with AA

These things are tied.

dc10lover

Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:57 pm

tphuang wrote:
I'm not sure why they would explore flying to DOH. It really doesn't have that much demand.

Passengers may want to fly through a Beautiful Airport. :-)
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of. Same with OAK & SJC when it comes to SFO.

Blerg

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:19 pm

I think this is fantastic news especially since it will shake things up a little bit out there. With DOH in the game, AA will gain access to the whole Middle East (that is places where they are not banned), eastern Africa, Iran and the Indian subcontinent. This will open a new channel from the US adding more competition to traditional hubs such as AMS, CDG, LHR, FRA, IST, DXB...

Also, don't forget something else, for QR this is more valuable than money or revenue meaning they probably gave really good fares to AA. I wouldn't be surprised if flying via Doha becomes cheaper than any other AA alternative offered at the moment.

For QR, getting this is a matter of prestige. I am trying to think right now but without QR, AA's access to Iran was pretty limited. Now thanks to QR they could gain access to secondary markets in the country. I wonder if we might see more passengers from California flying on AA-QR to Persia.

Detroit313

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:20 pm

A lot of wins for AA lately. The next goals should be approval of the Aer Lingus joint venture and approval of the IAG acquisition of Air Europa to create a massive mega hub in Madrid.

AA and One World would own London, Madrid and Dublin when those two happen.

vadodara

Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:38 pm

Ishrion wrote:

AS-EK tie up at risk; perhaps EK’s service to SEA as well.

SCQ83

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:04 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
QR is probably the silliest me3 partner given their hub. AA should have went with EK, much more commercially viable airline and hub city.

I disagree. Not a big fan of Qatar, but it seems QR has "upped" their game in terms of hard product, airport, destinations (many secondary or tertiary destinations unserved from Europe) and joining Oneworld.

Emirates to me looks like stuck somewhere in 2010. All that EK glitz is now gone and DXB is quite an unpleasant airport. Today Emirates is below the EU3 or almost any major EU hub in any sense.

Dubai is a bigger market than Doha but it is not the world megalopolis that the local UAE media/expats like to think about. Dubai is quite irrelevant on a global level and it is becoming less and less important (Saudi opening by-passing the need for Dubai, Iran embargo, more non-stop flights EU-India/Asia, etc.)

usflyer msp

Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:57 pm

SCQ83 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
QR is probably the silliest me3 partner given their hub. AA should have went with EK, much more commercially viable airline and hub city.

I disagree. Not a big fan of Qatar, but it seems QR has "upped" their game in terms of hard product, airport, destinations (many secondary or tertiary destinations unserved from Europe) and joining Oneworld.

Emirates to me looks like stuck somewhere in 2010. All that EK glitz is now gone and DXB is quite an unpleasant airport. Today Emirates is below the EU3 or almost any major EU hub in any sense.

Dubai is a bigger market than Doha but it is not the world megalopolis that the local UAE media/expats like to think about. Dubai is quite irrelevant on a global level and it is becoming less and less important (Saudi opening by-passing the need for Dubai, Iran embargo, more non-stop flights EU-India/Asia, etc.)

The advantage of QR over EK is QR having narrowbodies to serve smaller markets. EK's potential expansion has become really limited due to all their planes having 325+ seats. The downside of QR is the blockade and having no access to KSA, Egypt, Bahrain, etc...significant regional economies.

Blerg

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:06 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
SCQ83 wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

The advantage of QR over EK is QR having narrowbodies to serve smaller markets. EK's potential expansion has become really limited due to all their planes having 325+ seats. The downside of QR is the blockade and having no access to KSA, Egypt, Bahrain, etc...significant regional economies.

Dubai would make sense only if FZ is added to the mix along with EK, they are not a bad combination since they also feature a business class product for the higher yielding passengers.

hohd

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:07 pm

QR should try LAX as AA has a mini hub, while AA should start from Charlotte, hoping for the massive connections at the Doha end. I doubt a second DFW service would have enough loads/yields.

aerace

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:20 pm

enilria wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
YYZORD wrote:

Jun 84%
Jul 90%
Aug 83%
Sep 66%
Oct 59%
Nov 65%
Dec 76%
Jan 81%
Feb 70%
Mar 76%
Apr 84%
May 86%
Jun 91%
Jul 91%
Aug 89%

I wonder if those fall numbers are so low resultant of QR switching back to the AM departure in fall 2018. Once the 2019 numbers come out we will actually be able to see how much the PM departure has improved LF in Q4.

Bigant0408

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:23 pm

hohd wrote:
QR should try LAX as AA has a mini hub, while AA should start from Charlotte, hoping for the massive connections at the Doha end. I doubt a second DFW service would have enough loads/yields.

QR already has service to LAX and as for AA starting CTL service Raja was quoted in the Forbes article stating that Charlotte is not a candidate for the route. I mean anything can happen with change of heart but as of right now CTL is a no go

acavpics

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:47 pm

adamh8297 wrote:
flyingisthebest wrote:
Could we see DOH - SEA or SFO happen now?

Double Daily DFW-DOH between the two carriers wouldn't shock me either.

lets first see loads on DOH-DFW go back to where they were before. The cut of the AA-QR codeshare made the route take a bit of a hit, making QR downsize from a 77W to an A350.

acavpics

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:50 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
The downside of QR is the blockade and having no access to KSA, Egypt, Bahrain, etc...significant regional economies.

And lets not forget that they are even banned from airspace over those countries, further shaking things up. Maybe the resumption of the AA codeshare is a sign that there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel for Qatar.

cathay747

Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:57 pm

Bigant0408 wrote:
hohd wrote:

QR already has service to LAX and as for AA starting CTL service Raja was quoted in the Forbes article stating that Charlotte is not a candidate for the route. I mean anything can happen with change of heart but as of right now CTL is a no go

Maybe a typo, but note that Charlotte is CLT not CTL.
Try a Little VC-10derness

chepos

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:03 pm

acavpics wrote:
adamh8297 wrote:
flyingisthebest wrote:

lets first see loads on DOH-DFW go back to where they were before. The cut of the AA-QR codeshare made the route take a bit of a hit, making QR downsize from a 77W to an A350.

I am pretty sure the restoration of the codeshare will dramatically help loads.

Fly the Flag!!!!

Sydscott

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:32 pm

onwFan wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

It was openly mentioned that oneworld had first contacted EK for membership. EK wanted to codeshare with AA without committing to oneworld. QR was ready to join and they went ahead. That being said, QR flies to more unique destinations than EK, opening up more options for FFs.

Back to the point, I think what changed was the collapse of Air Italy. Will this also lead to an AA codeshare with Indigo?

EK wanted with AA what it had with QF. The difference was that at the time EK had backed QF into a competitive corner so QF did what it had to do in order to secure the long term future of its international network. AA wasn't so could somewhat dictate the terms. Fast forward to now and QR's business class is vastly superior to EK's and even QF has downgraded the partnership with EK now that it can overfly DXB and get to Europe directly. EK hasn't moved with the times because realistically it can't. QR can and likes to buy stakes in airlines it is partnering in.

dtw2hyd

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:35 pm

usflyer msp wrote:
The downside of QR is the blockade and having no access to KSA, Egypt, Bahrain, etc...significant regional economies.

KSA market is a lost cause for ME3, Saudia is ramping up its fleet and network, KSA is opening up the country for tourism and KSA has lot more influence on other countries in obtaining BASAs.

QR eats (ultra) long-haul losses and still gives a decent pass-thru to AA for last-mile connectivity.

US3-ME3 relationship used to like that before EK dumped US3 for B6, and triggered the battle. Even during the peak of US3-ME3 fight AA used to feed EY, but EY is down to 4 destinations. Now we came back full circle.

Do you want to start a new route PHL-DOH and sell RT for $599 or get $300 pass-thru on existing IND-PHL? The answer is very simple.
All posts are just opinions.

Bigant0408

Tue Feb 25, 2020 10:36 pm

cathay747 wrote:
Bigant0408 wrote:
hohd wrote:

Maybe a typo, but note that Charlotte is CLT not CTL.

Yea it was a typo was typing fast lol. Thanks for the correction

JAXBA

Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Byrdluvs747 wrote:
I forgot. Does the TATL JV with BA include US originating flights to Africa/ME or just TATL flights to Europe?

cathay747 wrote:
…GDS schedules show AA code-sharing on BA flights to NBO, MCT and DEL, so I presume that means it's part of the JV and not just a code-share.

The AA/BA/AY/IB joint business is US/Canada <---> Europe only. Onward codeshares to India/Africa, etc., are not part of the JB, and AA's new routes to CMN and DOH won't be either.
My FlightMemory | Disclaimer | Trip Report | To Fly. To Serve.

chepos

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:16 am

JAXBA wrote:
Byrdluvs747 wrote:
I forgot. Does the TATL JV with BA include US originating flights to Africa/ME or just TATL flights to Europe?

cathay747 wrote:
…GDS schedules show AA code-sharing on BA flights to NBO, MCT and DEL, so I presume that means it's part of the JV and not just a code-share.

The AA/BA/AY/IB joint business is US/Canada <---> Europe only. Onward codeshares to India/Africa, etc., are not part of the JB, and AA's new routes to CMN and DOH won't be either.

From my understanding neither is TLV.

Fly the Flag!!!!

konkret

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:43 am

chepos wrote:
JAXBA wrote:
Byrdluvs747 wrote:

cathay747 wrote:

The JV encompasses flights between USA/Canada/Mexico and EU/Norway/Switzerland (and now also /UK)

Nicknuzzii

Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:53 am

onwFan wrote:
Will this also lead to an AA codeshare with Indigo?

I would rather see AA follow BA's lead and partner with Vistara.

United just tied the knot with Vistara.

N292UX

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:38 am

I just wonder where they would fly from to DOH if they were to launch it. CLT? PHL doesn't have enough to support 2 daily flights unless QR is to cut their PHL flight.

Ishrion
Topic Author

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:39 am

N292UX wrote:
I just wonder where they would fly from to DOH if they were to launch it. CLT? PHL doesn't have enough to support 2 daily flights unless QR is to cut their PHL flight.

Not CLT.

Regarding the Doha flight, Raja said the originating city could be any one of a number of cities that include American hubs and Seattle. He said Charlotte is not a candidate, but will get more widebody international service “with some future development” that involves relieving congestion on the tarmac, where too few gates can accommodate widebody aircraft.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/20 ... 4b084528ee

acentauri

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:55 am

N292UX wrote:

Very few, if any, AA city has sufficient O&D traffic to support 2 daily flights to Qatar, without connecting support. The new codeshare/revenue sharing agreement will provide additional support from AA to provide connections (to/from QR), via their hubs, including PHL. IMO, Both AA and QR may eventually fly DOH-PHL/DFW/MIA/ORD (also implied by AA/Vasu Raja), as a potential alternative connecting source to congested LHR. CLT-Tokyo has a 1000x better chance of happening than CLT-DOH.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:03 am

xwb777 wrote:
Up next: Delta and Emirates or United & Etihad? It will be fun to watch.

Delta is seeking to look to partner with most airlines outside ST after it describes that the alliance failed last September. If they will partner with EK next (maybe), then it will be likely be stronger than QR + AA. If UA + EY, EY means they will have the weakest of the ME3 airlines in the US market. But I think these 2 airlines (DL, UA with EK, EY) may or may not happen anytime soon.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:05 am

adamh8297 wrote:
flyingisthebest wrote:

Or even JFK-DOH 3 daily or PHL-DOH 2 daily between the two carriers either.

phatfarmlines

Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 am

Had a feeling AA was going to be the first to blink with the US3. They were the last to get onboard with the US3 vs. ME3 a few years ago, now recent decisions seem to want to put a thorn in DL's side.

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:22 am

J343 wrote:
This is great news for AA-QR. Perhaps this is AA's strategy to access the Indian Subcontinent and Eastern Africa? QR does indeed serve all AA hubs but I wonder if a DFW/JFK/MIA-DOH on their B789s and feed it through QR network. AA has historically been the least vocal of the US3 against the ME3. There were talks of UA and EY codesharing given that LH and EY started cosying up recently. It'll be interesting to see where this leaves DL- the most vocal against the ME3.

DL cound be left only with EK next after AA-QR and UA-EY (The UA-EY deal is still not yet finalized and confirmed).

cathay747

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:31 pm

JAXBA wrote:
Byrdluvs747 wrote:

cathay747 wrote:

Ah, OK, thanks for that. I couldn't remember the extent of the JV.

cathay747

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:32 pm

konkret wrote:
chepos wrote:
JAXBA wrote:

The JV encompasses flights between USA/Canada/Mexico and EU/Norway/Switzerland (and now also /UK)

Thanks to you also for clarifying the extent of the JV.

Arion640

Wed Feb 26, 2020 3:59 pm

LHRFlyer wrote:
Doubt BA is going to be annoyed by this, let alone consider ending the AA JV or leaving Oneworld.

QR owns 25% of IAG and QR already had extensive co-operation with BA.

There’s already huge competition on US-India routes and BA offers many one-stop options to the US from India.

It’s probably more welcome that two of their major partners are now co-operating rather than QR threatening to leave Oneworld.

I was going to mention this. It’s all going to become part of the same thing.

I also thought QR were bluffing all along about leaving OW.

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:04 pm

tphuang wrote:
I'm not sure why they would explore flying to DOH. It really doesn't have that much demand.

CONNECTIONS

tphuang

Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:09 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
tphuang wrote:

CONNECTIONS

Double connections through clt or phl is not exactly a profitable market.

J343

Wed Feb 26, 2020 11:45 pm

SQ789 wrote:
J343 wrote:
This is great news for AA-QR. Perhaps this is AA's strategy to access the Indian Subcontinent and Eastern Africa? QR does indeed serve all AA hubs but I wonder if a DFW/JFK/MIA-DOH on their B789s and feed it through QR network. AA has historically been the least vocal of the US3 against the ME3. There were talks of UA and EY codesharing given that LH and EY started cosying up recently. It'll be interesting to see where this leaves DL- the most vocal against the ME3.

DL cound be left only with EK next after AA-QR and UA-EY (The UA-EY deal is still not yet finalized and confirmed).

What are the chances of DL teaming up with EK. DL is by far the most vocal of the US3 against the ME3. If I remember correctly, there was even a video of it with DL employees. DL will have MEA and Saudia as both are SkyTeam Alliance members but given the recent statement of DL regarding alliances, it might not happen at all.

leftcoast8

Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:53 am

One thing I've always wondered about the diplomatic crisis in the Gulf is how it'll affect QR's relationship with oneworld. Especially considering how close the U.S. is with Saudi/UAE, and how Qatar is forging closer ties with Iran. Doesn't that put QR in an awkward position?

Also, if it hasn't been answered before, will the AS-EK partnership remain?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos