Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

AntonioMartin

Re: Petition to Change China Airlines name to Taiwan Airlines as Countries Mistakenly Ban it Over Caronavirus

Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:05 pm

Seems like a good name change to me...but of course there are politics involved...

trex8

Re: Petition to Change China Airlines name to Taiwan Airlines as Countries Mistakenly Ban it Over Caronavirus

Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:44 pm

the legislation for CAL is to do something to set a CI plane apart from a CA plane and in the short term put something with a Taiwan theme on the plane to distinguish them and in the long term study the feasibility of a change to the English language name. So they could still keep the Chinese name. Dont hold your breath for a big change., they'll put some "Taiwan" logo and leave it at that.
Maybe they should have a variety of variations of that "Taiwan Can Help " logo on the fuselage. https://covid19.mohw.gov.tw/en/cp-4789-53866-206.html

ttps://taipeitimes.com/News/front/archi ... 2003740411
The second resolution says that the international community has often confused China Airlines with Air China and to avoid that, the Ministry of Transportation and Communications should devise ways to set China Airlines planes apart from those of Air China.

China Airlines in the short term should add Taiwanese motifs to the fuselages of its aircraft so that the nation’s air rights would not have to be renegotiated, it says.

The ministry in the long term should devise feasible ways to change the English-language name of China Airlines, it says.

wingflex744

Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:17 am

They should consider merging the two brands China Airlines and Mandarin Airlines and use Mandarin Airlines as their combined name. In my view in represents the territory, has been log established and won't create too many issues with China (PRC). just my 2c...
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia!

moa999

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:02 am

Same confusion though.
I'd think Mandarin suggests mainland Chinese to most Westerners

klm617

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:38 am

It's amazing in this day and age that a little research will tell you that China Airlines is from Taiwan. And we are allowing such ill informed people to hold office and make decisions that impact our lives greatly. Don't change it people need to get a clue if the are going to be in a position to make these kinds of decisions.
Last edited by klm617 on Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

qf2220

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:39 am

sincx wrote:
This may be Tsai's last chance to declare Taiwanese independence

I thought that Taiwan saw itself as the real China given the KMT government transferred there, and that they see the mainland CCP government as something like a rebellion?

Antaras

Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 am

Okay, now I want the Taiwan's sunflower flag come back on CI's livery just like decades ago.
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

zakuivcustom

Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:51 am

klm617 wrote:
It's amazing in this day and age that a little research will tell you that China Airlines is from Taiwan. And we are allowing such ill informed people to hold office and make decisions that impact our lives greatly. Don't change it people need to get a clue if the are going to be in a position to make these kinds of decisions.

What?

You realized that the govt in Taiwan is 100% democratically elected, right? What ill-informed people? They are legislator that people choose.

People in Taiwan ain't stupid. They saw what happened in HK and know that if they sticked to mainland appeasement, KMT-style, Taiwan is good as gone.

qf2220 wrote:
sincx wrote:

I thought that Taiwan saw itself as the real China given the KMT government transferred there, and that they see the mainland CCP government as something like a rebellion?

Except KMT is no longer in power? DPP had long been pro-Taiwan identity and pro-Taiwan independence.

President Tsai for one thing never really outright said she accept the "1992 consensus" (basically stating that there is only one China, just a matter of which one being legitimate).

Back to CI - quite frankly to mainland PRC, anything that remotely represent Taiwan (so that include Formosa) will tick them off anyway. Why bother appeasing them? Time to cut tie!

c933103

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:17 am

KlimaBXsst wrote:
Maybe the petitioners are jumping the gun a bit. Historically we need to consider the source of the “virus,” Mainland China.

We also need to consider Mainland China “has issues” right now with “some” dependencies and foreign nations, which have values contrary to Mainland China’s own.

Virus in media can sometimes become a convenient “prop” to shape behavior. That is why I say this petition may be ill-advised.

China Airlines is a valuable brand for the region.

I would say China Airlines didn't really have a good record and brand recognition, owning to its past incident from previous decades ...
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate.
Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!

c933103

Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:24 am

qf2220 wrote:

That's what happened in Taiwan when they're under KMT's authoritarian rule until 1990s. Now they still inherit the name of the country of Republic of China but more and more just see themselves as Taiwanese and don't really want to bother with Mainland China outside regular trade and commerce relationship.
It's pointless to attempt winning internet debate.
Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan! Nyan!
Meow Meow Meow! Meow Meow Meow Meow!

Flyingsottsman

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:19 am

peterinlisbon wrote:
I don't see the problem. Taiwan is the name of the island as well as the country, so calling it Taiwan Airlines isn't really making a statement about independence either way.

Tell that to the PRC, even Taiwan has to march under the name Chinese Taipei at the Olympics because China demands it, when is the world going to start putting the screws on Beijing reminding them they don't rule the Planet?

peterinlisbon

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:11 am

Maybe the best solution would be to choose a more neutral name. To me the name "China Airlines" was always a bit confusing anyway as it's easy to mix it with Air China. They own Mandarin Airlines, so maybe they could just use that name for their whole operation.

klm617

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 am

zakuivcustom wrote:
klm617 wrote:

What?

You realized that the govt in Taiwan is 100% democratically elected, right? What ill-informed people? They are legislator that people choose.

People in Taiwan ain't stupid. They saw what happened in HK and know that if they sticked to mainland appeasement, KMT-style, Taiwan is good as gone.

qf2220 wrote:
sincx wrote:

Except KMT is no longer in power? DPP had long been pro-Taiwan identity and pro-Taiwan independence.

President Tsai for one thing never really outright said she accept the "1992 consensus" (basically stating that there is only one China, just a matter of which one being legitimate).

Back to CI - quite frankly to mainland PRC, anything that remotely represent Taiwan (so that include Formosa) will tick them off anyway. Why bother appeasing them? Time to cut tie!

My comment has nothing to do with the government of Taiwan and it's people it towards the rest of the world that can't grasp that China Airlines is a Taiwanese carrier and not from mainland Chine. It's not like China Airlines is some carrier that was established a year ago it's been around for years and years and should be common knowledge as to what country the airline is from to people who are entrusted with creating this lists of which airlines should and shouldn't be banned. Mainland China would love if the name China Airlines would be dropped in favor of another name.
the truth does matter, guys. too bad it's often quite subjective. the truth is beyond the mere facts and figures. it's beyond good and bad, right and wrong...

zakuivcustom

Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:00 pm

klm617 wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
klm617 wrote:

What?

qf2220 wrote:

My comment has nothing to do with the government of Taiwan and it's people it towards the rest of the world that can't grasp that China Airlines is a Taiwanese carrier and not from mainland Chine. It's not like China Airlines is some carrier that was established a year ago it's been around for years and years and should be common knowledge as to what country the airline is from to people who are entrusted with creating this lists of which airlines should and shouldn't be banned. Mainland China would love if the name China Airlines would be dropped in favor of another name.

I misunderstood your comment, and I do apologized.

I thought by "ill informed" you were talking about Taiwanese voters instead of (presumably) "ignorant" Americans.

Flyingsottsman wrote:
Tell that to the PRC, even Taiwan has to march under the name Chinese Taipei at the Olympics because China demands it, when is the world going to start putting the screws on Beijing reminding them they don't rule the Planet?

Exactly. And quite frankly, Taiwanese especially the younger generation are tired of kowtowing to PRC over everything. The older generation kowtow bc they want those RMB, but the younger generation? They are not even seeing a cent while seeing Taiwan being sold out by that boomer generation.

peterinlisbon wrote:
Maybe the best solution would be to choose a more neutral name. To me the name "China Airlines" was always a bit confusing anyway as it's easy to mix it with Air China. They own Mandarin Airlines, so maybe they could just use that name for their whole operation.

Mandarin Airlines existed to begin with for a reason anyway as CI was the flag carrier (as in literally carrying the flag of Taiwan), something that PRC doesn't like. Only after CI changed their livery to their current Plum Blossom that AE is no longer a "parallel" carrier (and was rebranded as the domestic/regional carrier).

For me, just go with something like Formosa Airlines and get it over with. Formosa Airlines did exist anyway (and was merged into the current Mandarin Airlines).

chonetsao

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:16 pm

In my opinion, China Airlines should keep its Chinese name, while change its English translation to a simplified CAL, or even ROCA (Republic of China Airlines).

The reason for change name is the full name of China Airlines clashes with Air China. But its Chinese name is fine as Chinese speakers won't be confused. To tackle the problem, simply change the way how China Airlines use its English translated name is good enough. CAL is simple, while ROCA makes a strong political message but still a easy name for English speakers.

klm617

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:32 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
klm617 wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:

What?

I misunderstood your comment, and I do apologized.

I thought by "ill informed" you were talking about Taiwanese voters instead of (presumably) "ignorant" Americans.

Flyingsottsman wrote:

Exactly. And quite frankly, Taiwanese especially the younger generation are tired of kowtowing to PRC over everything. The older generation kowtow bc they want those RMB, but the younger generation? They are not even seeing a cent while seeing Taiwan being sold out by that boomer generation.

peterinlisbon wrote:

Mandarin Airlines existed to begin with for a reason anyway as CI was the flag carrier (as in literally carrying the flag of Taiwan), something that PRC doesn't like. Only after CI changed their livery to their current Plum Blossom that AE is no longer a "parallel" carrier (and was rebranded as the domestic/regional carrier).

For me, just go with something like Formosa Airlines and get it over with. Formosa Airlines did exist anyway (and was merged into the current Mandarin Airlines).

In my humble opinion with the information super highway we have today, anyone who doesn't know that China Airlines doesn't belong to Taiwan is ignorant.

klm617

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:32 pm

Why not just rename it "Dynasty Airlines" if you're going to give it a new name.

bwvilla

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:40 pm

Or name it after the main city they operate it from, so "Taipei Airlines"
lhr-utc-lhr-sin-bru-cgn-sin

tphuang

Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:57 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Flyingsottsman wrote:

Who are these younger generation? Now I do admit that my interaction have been with mostly folks in Taipei that have traveled around the world a little bit. But they are definitely the younger generation and are happy with keeping the status quo going on. That's why overwhelming majority of Taiwanese prefer status quo.

blooc350

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:25 pm

Dynasty Airlines.............................

blooc350

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:28 pm

Antaras wrote:
Okay, now I want the Taiwan's sunflower flag come back on CI's livery just like decades ago.

LTU932

Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:39 pm

sincx wrote:
This may be Tsai's last chance to declare Taiwanese independence, while the mainland is distracted by COVID-19 and before the PLAN gets its carrier groups up-and-running. A good opening salvo is indeed renaming China Airlines and Chunghwa Telecom to Taiwan Airlines and Taiwan Telecom.

But this is probably not the forum for that discussion.
Just to put some perspective: Taiwan is technically long independent, they're just considered a renegade province by the PRC and most nations don't recognise them as an sovereign nation anymore. Their international legal status is basically in doubt. Central America used to have diplomatic relations with Taiwan up until the 2000s and 2010s, when Costa Rica, Panama and El Salvador decided to end diplomatic relations with Taiwan and instead started relations with the mainland.

Many decades ago, Taiwan was considered the legitimate representative of China and even sat on the UN Security Council until 1971, when the UN decided to make the People's Republic of China the legitimate representative nation of China, and basically turned Taiwan into what it is today, a nation in doubt. To this day, Taiwan's official name is "Republic of China", and their flag is the same as the one used on the mainland between 1928 and 1949.
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Lufthansa

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:04 pm

While I really like the sound of "dynasty" airlines (or perhaps airways... lets make it more posh)
That might really piss PEK off. There is an implication they're out to rule again.
Formosa has a bit more of romantic ring about it... but lets be honest. There's almost nothing
Taiwan can do that won't piss the current PRC administration off until they surrender.
Also I have to say, my flights with them definitely, other than some bad pasta, exceeded my
expectations. The service was very good.

zakuivcustom

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:08 pm

tphuang wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
Flyingsottsman wrote:

Who are these younger generation? Now I do admit that my interaction have been with mostly folks in Taipei that have traveled around the world a little bit. But they are definitely the younger generation and are happy with keeping the status quo going on. That's why overwhelming majority of Taiwanese prefer status quo.

What is the status quo, though? As in just keeping Taiwan away from PRC but just short of independence? Or the wishful thinking that PRC won't eventually take over Taiwan one way or another?

(I know I am personally very biased...which is why I ask).

bwvilla wrote:
Or name it after the main city they operate it from, so "Taipei Airlines"

Taoyuan City would like to have a long talk with you. :white:

More seriously, unlike your airports (i.e. in US) that may be located in the suburb but is still named after the city it serves, TPE = Taiwan Taoyuan International Airport, with Taipei only implied in the airport code.

For a comparison, imagined how a New Yorker would think if somebody based out of EWR call themselves "New York Airlines" (or NYC Airlines)

B-HOP

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:22 pm

chonetsao wrote:
In my opinion, China Airlines should keep its Chinese name, while change its English translation to a simplified CAL, or even ROCA (Republic of China Airlines).

The reason for change name is the full name of China Airlines clashes with Air China. But its Chinese name is fine as Chinese speakers won't be confused. To tackle the problem, simply change the way how China Airlines use its English translated name is good enough. CAL is simple, while ROCA makes a strong political message but still a easy name for English speakers.

But there is a CAL Airlines operates 747F from Israel to the US, what about Formosa Airlines?
Live life to max!!!

tphuang

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:29 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
tphuang wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:

What is the status quo, though? As in just keeping Taiwan away from PRC but just short of independence? Or the wishful thinking that PRC won't eventually take over Taiwan one way or another?

It's different for different people. There are the crowd that are resigned to or okay with reunification at some point and just hoping for as much autonomy for Taiwan. There are the crowd that are happy with their daily lives and have gotten used to the political bickering back and forth. And there are are those who would like real independence in some distant future, but don't want changes right now. I would bet the second group is the most common, but the first group is probably most realistic.

You can PM me if you want to go further on this. But I'd be shocked if people want to get into a serious row over airline name.

Ziyulu

Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:52 pm

I wonder how many passengers show up to the wrong check in counter when checking into their flights when flying on CA or CI. Back then at the VX counter, a lot of travelers showed up thinking it was AA.

zakuivcustom

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:09 pm

tphuang wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:
tphuang wrote:

It's different for different people. There are the crowd that are resigned to or okay with reunification at some point and just hoping for as much autonomy for Taiwan. There are the crowd that are happy with their daily lives and have gotten used to the political bickering back and forth. And there are are those who would like real independence in some distant future, but don't want changes right now. I would bet the second group is the most common, but the first group is probably most realistic.

You can PM me if you want to go further on this. But I'd be shocked if people want to get into a serious row over airline name.

Well, it wouldn't surprise me the second group is by far most common, either.

When it comes to CI's name, I agree with you that most people don't care that much one way or another anyway. The problem, I guess, is not whether Taiwanese cares, but whether PRC cares, as the latter is almost a guarantee given how everything offends them nowaday.

aal151heavy

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:23 pm

YES! We can even make it trendy: “flyDynasty”.

klm617 wrote:
Why not just rename it "Dynasty Airlines" if you're going to give it a new name.

blooc350 wrote:
My airliners.net photos

workhorse

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:30 pm

From a foreigner point of view the whole thing is ridiculous, on both sides. Why change a decades-old well established brand??? The hard working CI people who built it were proud of it, who do these today's youngsters think they are to throw it away?

On the other hand, even if one thinks Taiwan is just another province of China, we have Sichuan Airlines, Shandong Airlines, why not Taiwan Airlines? Mainlanders who get triggered by this kind of proof their adversaries' point.

OzarkD9S

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:51 pm

blooc350 wrote:

I have visions of female employees with big hair and shoulder pads getting into catfights by an airport water fountain.
"True, I talk of dreams,
Which are the children of an idle brain." -Mercutio

sincx

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:10 pm

CI should've changed to Dynasty Airlines years ago.

fraspotter

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:40 pm

From an everyday passenger point of view (and passengers who may not be well versed on the issues between PRC and ROC) it's understandable how many can get Air China and China Airlines mixed up. I've had people come up to me saying that they were flying "Canada Airlines" (and even Canadian Airlines after their acquisition by AC) when in fact they were flying Air Canada.

These are however mistakes governments should NOT be making.
"The strength of the turbulence is directly proportional to the temperature of your coffee."

— Gunter's Second Law of Air Travel

klm617

Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:59 pm

fraspotter wrote:
From an everyday passenger point of view (and passengers who may not be well versed on the issues between PRC and ROC) it's understandable how many can get Air China and China Airlines mixed up. I've had people come up to me saying that they were flying "Canada Airlines" (and even Canadian Airlines after their acquisition by AC) when in fact they were flying Air Canada.

These are however mistakes governments should NOT be making.

Absolutely correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DDR

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm

OzarkD9S wrote:
blooc350 wrote:

I have visions of female employees with big hair and shoulder pads getting into catfights by an airport water fountain.

Bravo Sir, Bro. Funniest post I've seen today.

AN743

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:44 pm

Makes sense to change the name. 67% of Taiwan's population identify as "Taiwanese". This trend seems to be increasing.

https://www.taiwannews.com.tw/en/news/3960029

Also nice to recognise the Taiwanese indigenous (Gāoshān) tribes when speaking to Taiwanese identity. Not all Taiwanese originate from Han Chinese.

I'm sure the government will work to come up with something clever. It's a matter of time before the name changes. I have friends here in Australia that avoided flying China Airlines because they weren't fussed on the idea of transiting through the PRC. When I explained it was a Taiwanese carrier they seemed rather confused. With the geopolitical situation evolving and countries such as Australia upgrading their travel advice to reconsider travel to the PRC, now is a good time to persue this. From a business perspective, diverging from the "China" branding certainly would not hurt their international image. Especially as an airline that is somewhat reliant on connecting passengers.

LTU932

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:12 am

workhorse wrote:
From a foreigner point of view the whole thing is ridiculous, on both sides. Why change a decades-old well established brand??? The hard working CI people who built it were proud of it, who do these today's youngsters think they are to throw it away?

On the other hand, even if one thinks Taiwan is just another province of China, we have Sichuan Airlines, Shandong Airlines, why not Taiwan Airlines? Mainlanders who get triggered by this kind of proof their adversaries' point.
In the end, it comes down to one simple word: politics
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Jet-lagged

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:35 am

The airline represents the country of Taiwan. The best name would be something like Taiwan Airlines or Air Taiwan.

It’s sad that a small nation of 20 million people who are generally very good neighbors in the region is constantly bullied by the Goliath to their North.

Redd

Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:24 am

zakuivcustom wrote:

People choose from the choice they are given, the people don't elect the candidates. If we're given idiots to vote for, idiots are who are chosen.

airhansa

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:00 am

"Air Freedom" would be a good name for an American airline.

Min2Plns

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:11 am

Why is the name confusing? The people of Taiwan are ethnically Chinese, and they should go by the country in which the airline is registered at and where it's main operations are. Changing the name would be rather insulting. Look at American Airlines, it belongs to the USA not all of the Americas, look at Air Europa, it belongs to Spain not all of Europe....

Ziyulu

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:38 am

By the same token, KE should change their name to South Korean Air.

zakuivcustom

Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:58 am

Min2Plns wrote:
Why is the name confusing? The people of Taiwan are ethnically Chinese, and they should go by the country in which the airline is registered at and where it's main operations are. Changing the name would be rather insulting. Look at American Airlines, it belongs to the USA not all of the Americas, look at Air Europa, it belongs to Spain not all of Europe....

The indigenous minority in Taiwan would like to have a long talk with you.

Plus more and more people from Taiwan are identifying themselves as "Taiwanese". Plus, if you really listen to PRC, Taiwan is a breakaway province, so changing the name to Taiwan Airlines just follow the PRC's love of naming airlines after a sub-national entity anyway.

Ziyulu wrote:

Except South Korea call themselves "Hanguk" (Korea) and they are the one that advocate for "One Korea"?

To be p.c. they should change the name to "Nam Chosun Airlines" anyway :duck:

Min2Plns

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:10 pm

zakuivcustom wrote:
Min2Plns wrote:
The indigenous minority in Taiwan would like to have a long talk with you.

Ziyulu wrote:

Absolutely right, but my point is, the name is not confusing. You have one more example, even.

AN743

Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:59 pm

Redd wrote:
zakuivcustom wrote:

People choose from the choice they are given, the people don't elect the candidates. If we're given idiots to vote for, idiots are who are chosen.

While citizens can't choose candidates for a party, they can choose the ideology that party represents. The Taiwanese people have spoken. The PRC and ROC have culturally diverged over the past half century. The name 'China Airlines' is redundant. It no longer represents what "Taiwan" has become as a nation. That's the reality of the situation. Holding onto a monolithic idea of "Chinese" heritage does not take into consideration the indigenous people of the island nor does it factor in the immigrants that now call Taiwan home. I would go further and say it doesn't represent the younger generation of Taiwanese people who have little affiliation with the mainland or tradition "Chinese" culture. It would be like Australia still having an airline called "Britain Airlines". Alot of us (not all of us) share common ancestry with the UK. That doesn't mean we are culturally the same. By the way, I personally wouldn't call an accomplished women fluent in English with a PHD in law that has served on the mainland affairs council among other accomplishments an "idiot". Quite the contrary.

trex8

Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:46 am

The government on the island of Taiwan still calls itself the Republic Of China. Maybe one day in the not too distant future that might change especially if the incumbent Democratic Progressive Party keeps control of the executive and legislative branches of government. But till then it still makes sense to call an airline based in Taiwan "China" Airlines.
I'll take bets now they will stick a Taiwan logo on the fuselage and leave it at that.

AngelsDecay

Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:31 am

As soon as you change the title to Corona instead of Carona...
"Well be thy one,
and wisdom too.
And grew, and joyed in my growth.
From a word to a word, I was lead to a Wyrd.
From a deed, to another deed."

chonetsao

Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:16 pm

Ziyulu wrote:

It is not BY THE SAME TOKEN, there is no Air Korea or Korean International Air in North Korea last time I checked.

trex8

Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:06 am

chonetsao wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

It is not BY THE SAME TOKEN, there is no Air Korea or Korean International Air in North Korea last time I checked.

And theres no reason why the DPRK couldn't start one if they wanted to.

chonetsao

Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:03 am

trex8 wrote:
chonetsao wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

And theres no reason why the DPRK couldn't start one if they wanted to.

So your point is?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos