Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Helvetic Airways is enthusiastic by the efficiency of the E190-E2

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:30 pm

Helvetic Airways just received its third E190-E2 on February 24th.
In his interview, Helvetic Airways CFO, Mr. Tobias Pogorevc, talks about the plane's performance so far and plans to acquire the larger version, the E195-E2.
It is very good to see operators' satisfaction with the aircraft's performance and its smooth EIS.

Source: https://www.airway1.com/helvetic-airway ... e-e190-e2/

Excerpts:

"If anyone still doubts the efficiency offered by Embraer’s new family of commercial jets, just talk to Helvetic Airways executives. The Swiss airline, one of the first to debut an E2 series aircraft, revealed at a news conference on Wednesday that the E190-E2 has been up to 20% more economical than its predecessor, instead of 17.3% as expected by the manufacturer."

“We have completed 846 flights with the first two E190-E2 so far and found that the fuel economy is even greater than what Embraer promised,” said Tobias Pogorevc, CFO at Helvetic. The executive added that the aircraft’s reliability is very high (99%) and that the Pratt & Whitney PW1900 engines have not had any problems so far. There was some concern because of flaws presented by a version used by Airbus rival A220."

gatibosgru

Re: Helvetic Airways is enthusiastic by the efficiency of the E190-E2

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:35 pm

The E2 seems to have had an awesome EIS.
@DadCelo

FluidFlow

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:40 pm

It was the right choice aircraft for the right airline. It is good to hear that the E2s work that well and will definitely continue to be a success for regional subsidiaries of bigger mainline carriers (I know Helvetic is not really a subsidiary of Swiss but they operate like one). For Helvetic it is the right step to get the E195 as well so that there is enough flexibility to up- and downgauge if necessary. And it looks great at ZHR seeing the Embraers parked between the Terminal A building and runway 10/28.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2020 1:41 pm

Azul is about to receive its fourth E195-E2 unit and has been endorsing the plane's qualities.
The company confirmed the addition of another 24 E195-E2 aircraft to its initial order of 51 units, making a total of 75 units, under a leasing agreement from AerCap, upgrading the order for 21 aircraft in made in late 2018.

Source: https://airwaysmag.com/airlines/azuls-u ... tegy-plan/

SA280

Thu Feb 27, 2020 2:36 pm

Good to see another operator so satisfied with the E2.

Azul is currently flying their E195-E2s at impressives 13 block hours and 8 cycles a day, with outstanding on time performance!

marcogr12

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:46 pm

Although i have yet to fly any of the Cseries/A220s, i recently flew with Wideroe MUC-BGO specifically to get onboard a E2-jet.(E2-190).That handsome little devil with the really big engines make it seem like a medium big jet than a small regional jetliner..Imagine the E2-195..The seat pitch was tight but that's down to Wideroe's specs not Embraer's...For a 2h flight i say i didn't mind..It took off like a rocket and flew so quiet till BGO..Too quiet for an avgeek..Now i want to try Helvetic and Binter with its new E2-195..I know the A223 can fly farther but for intra-european short flights, where most regional jets are used, i think the E2-jets are a lighter and equally capable opponent, with the additional advantage of no middle seat that most people hate..
Flying is breathing..no planes no life..

Aceskywalker

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:52 pm

Glad to see E2 operators being happy with the jet, which should assuage some doubts about the program. It’s a shame that Embraer couldn’t make the E2 scope compliant for the US market. I doubt that mainline carriers will pay mainline salaries for E2 pilots.

T4thH

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:04 pm

The E190E2 and E195E2 are excellent "REGIONAL" jets. For a regional airline, the E2s (190 and 195) are excellent replacements for the E1 or the CRJ family. It is the perfect regional jet (if not scope clauses or laws eliminates the E2s).
If someone wants/needs anything more than regional. so for the mainlines, it will be the A220, who will be the "god". It is the perfect 150 PAX market mainline jet.
Helvetic Airlines is the perfect example of a regional airline, for them the E2 family fits best..

Nean1

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:12 pm

T4thH wrote:
The E190E2 and E195E2 are excellent "REGIONAL" jets. For a regional airline, the E2s (190 and 195) are excellent replacements for the E1 or the CRJ family. It is the perfect regional jet (if not scope clauses or laws eliminates the E2s).
If someone wants/needs anything more than regional. so for the mainlines, it will be the A220, who will be the "god". It is the perfect 150 PAX market mainline jet.
Helvetic Airlines is the perfect example of a regional airline, for them the E2 family fits best..

If 3% lower fuel consumption is confirmed, the range of the 190E2 will approach 3000 nm, even without an increase in the MTOW. This goes far beyond any concept of regional aircraft.

T4thH

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:18 pm

Nean1 wrote:
T4thH wrote:

If 3% lower fuel consumption is confirmed, the range of the 190E2 will approach 3000 nm, even without an increase in the MTOW. This goes far beyond any concept of regional aircraft.

On longer ranges, the E2 s are not doing so well, the fuel consumption goes up. It was the same with the E1s. Doing well on short haul, losing the benefit, as longer the range was and bad consumption at the edge of max range.The jets are optimized for short haul/regional. Benefit there, disadvantage somewhere else.

MIflyer12

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:20 pm

Can anybody point to 3rd-party-endorsed (Leeham, etc.) fuel burn per seat comparisons between the E2-195 and A220-300 in a typical 2-class config? Reliable (heat, elevation, headwinds) range of even 2,000 sm would cover a majority of AA/DL/UA/WN/AS mainline narrowbody routes quite handily.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:29 pm

T4thH wrote:

As said before here on a.net, post #84:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1441801&p=22050037#p22050037

"Why does Anet love the A220 so much, maybe just the CASM and range tunnel vision so prevalent on this site? Having the best long segment CASM only helps if you fly mostly long segments and the aircraft isn't a hanger queen."

That said, what does the nomination "regional jet" matter (and how many passengers would care about that ???) ...

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:31 pm

T4thH wrote:
On longer ranges, the E2 s are not doing so well, the fuel consumption goes up. It was the same with the E1s. Doing well on short haul, losing the benefit, as longer the range was and bad consumption at the edge of max range.The jets are optimized for short haul/regional. Benefit there, disadvantage somewhere else.

Numbers? Because you should probably have numbers to support your statement ...

T4thH

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:39 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:

More than once discussed/stated here om Anet.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:41 pm

T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:

Anyway, I appreciate if you could remind me ...

T4thH

Thu Feb 27, 2020 8:49 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:

I have only read these discussions, I have not participated in them. And sorry to say, the "search function" for the Anet board is...existing and useless for something like this. I will not even try to search for it.

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:00 pm

T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:

I have only read these discussions, I have not participated in them.

Okay ... so if only you read what others write, how can you say what only others say and what they are based on?

Numbers, performance and everything else are informations kept under lock and key by whoever has it and disclosed only to those of interest.

And what has been reported is that the plane is within or above expectations for the mission it was designed for.

T4thH

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:34 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:

Okay ... so if only you read what others write, how can you say what only others say and what they are based on?

Numbers, performance and everything else are informations kept under lock and key by whoever has it and disclosed only to those of interest.

And what has been reported is that the plane is within or above expectations for the mission it was designed for.

Sorry, do I have denied anything of this? Did I wrote, that the named numbers of 3% less are wrong?
o if only you read what others write, how can you say what only others say and what they are based on?

Because they have just not only "said" it? Because they had also explained it in detail. why it is so e.g.? Because if some nerds start to discuss, why w is x% superior by y weight in z high...I just sit back and read and just believe, that there are some nerds, who are just better informed than myself?

Nean1

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm

T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:

Sorry, do I have denied anything of this? Did I wrote, that the named numbers of 3% less are wrong?
o if only you read what others write, how can you say what only others say and what they are based on?

Because they have just not only "said" it? Because they had also explained it in detail. why it is so e.g.? Because if some nerds start to discuss, why w is x% superior by y weight in z high...I just sit back and read and just believe, that there are some nerds, who are just better informed than myself?

Facts, please.

Antarius

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:42 pm

EMBSPBR wrote:
T4thH wrote:
EMBSPBR wrote:

Don't bother. As we saw on the DL a220 reliability thread, even numbers aren't enough to convince the fanatics.

Unclear why both the a220 and E2 can't coexist and succeed as they are both good airplanes. But a.net is not a place where this is apparently possible.
2020: SFO DFW IAH HOU CLT MEX BIS MIA GUA ORD DTW LGA BOS LHR DUB BFS BHD STN OAK PHL ISP JFK SJC DEN SJU LAS TXL GDL

EMBSPBR
Topic Author

Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:48 pm

Nean1 wrote:
Facts, please.

Nean, they don´t have it.

Antarius wrote:
Don't bother. As we saw on the DL a220 reliability thread, even numbers aren't enough to convince the fanatics.
Unclear why both the a220 and E2 can't coexist and succeed as they are both good airplanes. But a.net is not a place where this is apparently possible.

True !!!

CRJ900

Thu Feb 27, 2020 10:06 pm

Widerøe used their E190-E2 on BGO-AYT last summer, nearly 5 hours in the air with 114 pax - pretty good for a "regional" jet.
Come, fly the prevailing winds with me

EFHK

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:00 am

If Helvetic Airways is so happy with the "smooth entry" into service, why are Widerøe's E2s (LN-WEA, -WEB, -WEC) still facing major delays on a weekly (at times almost daily) basis?

Not trying to bash the aircraft, just being genuinely curious about the reasons behind the constant frustrating delays.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos