Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

FARmd90
Topic Author

Silver Airways to start CHS

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:13 pm

https://worldairlinenews.com/2020/02/28 ... gu-Ahp8aIA

Looks like silver will be getting into the CHS game from MCO/FLL/TPA. They will be the only ones on MCO/TPA-CHS

GZM1

Re: Silver Airways to start CHS

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:20 pm

Nice livery. I would love to see them follow the tradition of Braniff. (Flying Colours). Or, are they already?
Last edited by GZM1 on Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It’s all Greek to me! Aeroplane Basic Category Cycle Dynamic Economics Ecstasy Fantasy Galaxy Geometry Harmony History Horizon Idea Logic Magnetism Music Mystery Nautical Orchestra Organism Phenomenon Political Problem Symphony Technology Telephone Zone

KlimaBXsst

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Very bright livery ... nice!
Aesthetically the A 340 got it right!

sprxUSA

Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:52 pm

Hopefully they will follow through this time. Nice to see them expanding again.
Gem State Airlines..."we have a gem of an airline"

SurfandSnow

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:27 pm

This is exactly the kind of niche flying I figure makes sense for Silver Airways. It seems they've more or less tapped out every possible opportunity within Florida after all!
Flying in the middle seat of coach is much better than not flying at all!

Cubsrule

Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:47 pm

SurfandSnow wrote:
This is exactly the kind of niche flying I figure makes sense for Silver Airways. It seems they've more or less tapped out every possible opportunity within Florida after all!

CHS is on a gradual but interesting streak of new service between this, BA, AS, G4 and even WN (though they’re fairly old news by now). Hopefully it continues.
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more

F27500

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:05 pm

Great to see Silver expanding .. I'm all for the remaining carriers that still fly turboprops instead of small RJs. And that is one groovy livery too. I loved their prior one, but this newer ATR livery is so hot.

Are their Saabs to be painted into the same livery as the ATRs? I haven't seen any of the SF3s painted this way yet.

gen2stew

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:15 pm

Pity they ditched RSW
I don't know why blessings wear disguises. If I were a blessing, I'd run around nude!

canyonblue17

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:20 pm

They also never brought back PBI-MHH after Hurricane Dorian.
negative ghostrider the pattern is full

KSAVFBO

Fri Feb 28, 2020 7:23 pm

I was almost expecting SAV to come before CHS. Good to see them expanding though.

usdcaguy

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:04 pm

Would love to see them offer some competition from Atlanta. It might even be higher yielding than places in Florida.

usxguy

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:10 pm

canyonblue17 wrote:
They also never brought back PBI-MHH after Hurricane Dorian.

There's really NOTHING in MHH right now. Its still in clean-up mode. I think they just got the roof on one of the schools fixed.

Everyone's just sorta doing minimal flights to Abaco to keep it connected - but its mostly insurance/construction/rehab folks using it. Most of the locals are still in the States or GBI/NP Islands.
xx

Polot

Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:11 pm

usdcaguy wrote:
Would love to see them offer some competition from Atlanta. It might even be higher yielding than places in Florida.

Silver Airways use to have a small Atlanta operations.

It obviously didn’t work out and was shut down 5 or 6 years ago.

evank516

Sat Feb 29, 2020 12:47 am

Interesting to note that their CHS-MCO service is intended to continue onwards to EYW.

Gulfstream500

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:44 am

SurfandSnow wrote:

If the Florida market is truly tapped out, I wonder if they will grow in BOS, as many of the passengers flying with Silver are connecting onto JetBlue flights through FLL and MCO. Currently, Silver operates a seasonal flight from BHB to BOS.
So... when will the Northwest DC-9s be retired?

LAX772LR

Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:30 am

sprxUSA wrote:
Hopefully they will follow through this time.

:checkmark: :checkmark: I've long-since learned to never get excited about ANYTHING this carrier announces, until there's an aircraft parked at a gate.

Never seen such a flaky operation, yet they continue to survive.
I myself, suspect a more prosaic motive... ~Thranduil

jetpixx

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:14 am

A lot of people have suggested KRDU needs airline service to places like CHS, MYR, AVL, etc. Silver would be PERFECT for this endeavor...I wonder if they'll ever make it one state north.
ABE, BIL, BOS, BUF, BWI, CAE, CAK, CHS, CLE, CLT, CVG, DAY, DFW, DTW, EWR, FLL, GSO, IAD, IAH, IND, ISP, JAX, JFK, LAS, LAX, LGA, MDW, MEM, MHT, MIA, MKE, MLB, MSO, MSP, OMA, ORD, PBI, PHL, PIT, PVD, RDU, SEA, SFO, SLC, SJU, STL, SYR, TLH, TMB, TUL, YVR

maps4ltd

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:21 am

LAX772LR wrote:
sprxUSA wrote:
Hopefully they will follow through this time.

:checkmark: :checkmark: I've long-since learned to never get excited about ANYTHING this carrier announces, until there's an aircraft parked at a gate.

Never seen such a flaky operation, yet they continue to survive.

Agreed; their reliability makes AA or F9 look like gold standard. Even on sunny days in South Florida they often end up multiple hours behind schedule.

On a side note, where do y'all think Silver will go at CHS? B is often pretty full in terms of gate space; I could see it sliding in to partially use a Delta/Allegiant gate in A.
Delta Gold Medallion

AVLAirlineFreq

Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:32 am

KSAVFBO wrote:
I was almost expecting SAV to come before CHS. Good to see them expanding though.

Silver announced SAV-MCO back in 2015 but never started the route. Of course, it's only a 4-hour drive between the two cities.

admanager

Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 am

jetpixx wrote:
A lot of people have suggested KRDU needs airline service to places like CHS, MYR, AVL, etc. Silver would be PERFECT for this endeavor...I wonder if they'll ever make it one state north.

Agreed.
And going one step further, my belief is FLO is on life support with AA (only my opinion from anecdotal experience seeing 3 ERJ's per day with low load factors and low fares) Silver would be the ideal PLAN B.

Rosie7

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:12 pm

About 5-6 years ago Silver served ATL-MSL-ATL . It would be nice to see that return They now serve MCO-HSV MCO ( with RON in HSV ) .

MavyWavyATR

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Interesting addition, considering that B6 also flies the CHS-FLL route. It would be nice to see Silver look at potentially Hilton Head (HHH) as well as maybe Myrtle Beach (MYR) in the future.

usdcaguy

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:03 am

jetpixx wrote:

The old US used to fly RDU-CHS, I believe, but it was on smaller aircraft, such as a B1900D. I doubt people from the RDU/GSO area would spend $200-$300 RT just to fly to CHS/MYR/AVL (I don't pay to fly from ATL to RDU, for example), but they would likely hop a train instead. That's probably years down the road, but the Carolinian is already popular between RDU and CLT.

KFTG

Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:17 am

With what pilots?

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos