Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 20
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:00 pm

Welcome to Australian Aviation Thread March 2020. Please add your comments below

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1440179

Qantas Fleet Thread 2020

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1437873&p=21892753#p21892753
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
CraigAnderson
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:05 am

SQ out of ADL? This blogger says SQ is replacing its own flights with Scoot. Anybody heard any rumours about this?

https://pointsfromthepacific.boardingar ... e-service/
 
User avatar
SCFlyer
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:39 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
SQ out of ADL? This blogger says SQ is replacing its own flights with Scoot. Anybody heard any rumours about this?

https://pointsfromthepacific.boardingar ... e-service/


Can't see that happening. Reduction is plausible, but pulling out entirely and replacing it with the LCC arm is unlikely.

Also can't see the scenario where SQ reduces their ADL-SIN frequencies and puts their LCC alongside the mainline brand considering the smaller ADL market.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 7468
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:47 am

SCFlyer wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
SQ out of ADL? This blogger says SQ is replacing its own flights with Scoot. Anybody heard any rumours about this?

https://pointsfromthepacific.boardingar ... e-service/


Can't see that happening. Reduction is plausible, but pulling out entirely and replacing it with the LCC arm is unlikely.

Also can't see the scenario where SQ reduces their ADL-SIN frequencies and puts their LCC alongside the mainline brand considering the smaller ADL market.


Agreed doesn’t seem very likely to me. There is a second flight sometimes but that is timed to connect to a later European bank so even that doesn’t seem likely to me to change to TR. I could see an overall reduction during this period to 4-5 weekly SQ.

I wonder about WLG via MEL? Maybe enough MEL-WLG traffic to keep it going?
 
zkncj
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:44 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:
SQ out of ADL? This blogger says SQ is replacing its own flights with Scoot. Anybody heard any rumours about this?

https://pointsfromthepacific.boardingar ... e-service/


Can't see that happening. Reduction is plausible, but pulling out entirely and replacing it with the LCC arm is unlikely.

Also can't see the scenario where SQ reduces their ADL-SIN frequencies and puts their LCC alongside the mainline brand considering the smaller ADL market.


Agreed doesn’t seem very likely to me. There is a second flight sometimes but that is timed to connect to a later European bank so even that doesn’t seem likely to me to change to TR. I could see an overall reduction during this period to 4-5 weekly SQ.

I wonder about WLG via MEL? Maybe enough MEL-WLG traffic to keep it going?


Wouldn’t the taxes on the Tasman, be an put off for Scoot?
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 7468
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:50 am

zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:

Can't see that happening. Reduction is plausible, but pulling out entirely and replacing it with the LCC arm is unlikely.

Also can't see the scenario where SQ reduces their ADL-SIN frequencies and puts their LCC alongside the mainline brand considering the smaller ADL market.


Agreed doesn’t seem very likely to me. There is a second flight sometimes but that is timed to connect to a later European bank so even that doesn’t seem likely to me to change to TR. I could see an overall reduction during this period to 4-5 weekly SQ.

I wonder about WLG via MEL? Maybe enough MEL-WLG traffic to keep it going?


Wouldn’t the taxes on the Tasman, be an put off for Scoot?


I wasn’t suggesting TR fly MEL-WLG what I meant was would WLG survive?
 
myki
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:24 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Agreed doesn’t seem very likely to me. There is a second flight sometimes but that is timed to connect to a later European bank so even that doesn’t seem likely to me to change to TR. I could see an overall reduction during this period to 4-5 weekly SQ.

I wonder about WLG via MEL? Maybe enough MEL-WLG traffic to keep it going?


Wouldn’t the taxes on the Tasman, be an put off for Scoot?


I wasn’t suggesting TR fly MEL-WLG what I meant was would WLG survive?

I'm confused on what you are getting here. It is SIN-ADL that was discussed in the article of moving from SQ to TR. Are you thinking the same could happen for SIN-MEL-WLG?
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 7468
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:34 am

myki wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Wouldn’t the taxes on the Tasman, be an put off for Scoot?


I wasn’t suggesting TR fly MEL-WLG what I meant was would WLG survive?

I'm confused on what you are getting here. It is SIN-ADL that was discussed in the article of moving from SQ to TR. Are you thinking the same could happen for SIN-MEL-WLG?


Apologies for not being clear. I'm well aware that ADL is being discussed in the article. I can't personally see that going to TR, and to be clear what I meant re WLG was will WLG survive? I can't see it going to TR but I do wonder if there may be enough local MEL-WLG traffic for WLG to survive for SQ.
 
User avatar
CraigAnderson
Posts: 540
Joined: Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:28 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:52 am

SQ has now responded to the blogger 'article' about ADL and says "any reports that suggest such a cut is happening are without fact and misleading to the market."
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:57 am

Jetstar cancelling 3 weekly OOL-ICN from 8 Mar - 30 Jun 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-27feb20/
Forum Moderator
 
a7ala
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:15 am

ZK-NBT wrote:
myki wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

I wasn’t suggesting TR fly MEL-WLG what I meant was would WLG survive?

I'm confused on what you are getting here. It is SIN-ADL that was discussed in the article of moving from SQ to TR. Are you thinking the same could happen for SIN-MEL-WLG?


Apologies for not being clear. I'm well aware that ADL is being discussed in the article. I can't personally see that going to TR, and to be clear what I meant re WLG was will WLG survive? I can't see it going to TR but I do wonder if there may be enough local MEL-WLG traffic for WLG to survive for SQ.


They recently increased the freq on Sin-MEL-wlg and it hasn’t been included in their cut announcements so far so I wonder what makes you think it’s going to be axed? And no it wouldn’t be going to TR.
 
ZK-NBT
Posts: 7468
Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2000 5:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:28 am

a7ala wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:
myki wrote:
I'm confused on what you are getting here. It is SIN-ADL that was discussed in the article of moving from SQ to TR. Are you thinking the same could happen for SIN-MEL-WLG?


Apologies for not being clear. I'm well aware that ADL is being discussed in the article. I can't personally see that going to TR, and to be clear what I meant re WLG was will WLG survive? I can't see it going to TR but I do wonder if there may be enough local MEL-WLG traffic for WLG to survive for SQ.


They recently increased the freq on Sin-MEL-wlg and it hasn’t been included in their cut announcements so far so I wonder what makes you think it’s going to be axed? And no it wouldn’t be going to TR.


Yes they did but they didn’t know about the Corona virus when it was announced several months ago. Obviously the route was doing ok and got more frequency and a product aircraft up gauge. Of the OZ/NZ routes this tag would have to be the most in danger should anything get cut? I could see frequency cuts on other routes but no other destinations axed. Although CBR? Of course I’ve nothing to back this up, just am opinion.
 
Qantas16
Posts: 756
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Anyone heard anything about the rumour CX will be storing aircraft in WTB and even BNE. Would potentially make sense over ASP given it’ll (hopefully) be relatively short-term and there are CX engineers based in BNE.

Not sure how true the rumour is and whether there are plans for other Australian airports.
 
a7ala
Posts: 356
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:27 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:35 pm

ZK-NBT wrote:
a7ala wrote:
ZK-NBT wrote:

Apologies for not being clear. I'm well aware that ADL is being discussed in the article. I can't personally see that going to TR, and to be clear what I meant re WLG was will WLG survive? I can't see it going to TR but I do wonder if there may be enough local MEL-WLG traffic for WLG to survive for SQ.


They recently increased the freq on Sin-MEL-wlg and it hasn’t been included in their cut announcements so far so I wonder what makes you think it’s going to be axed? And no it wouldn’t be going to TR.


Yes they did but they didn’t know about the Corona virus when it was announced several months ago. Obviously the route was doing ok and got more frequency and a product aircraft up gauge. Of the OZ/NZ routes this tag would have to be the most in danger should anything get cut? I could see frequency cuts on other routes but no other destinations axed. Although CBR? Of course I’ve nothing to back this up, just am opinion.


I would have thought it’s least at risk. With 50% of the Tasman flows NZ-AU local market it should be better insulated from the long haul market effects.

Comments I have heard suggest Tasman travel holding up well.
 
eamondzhang
Posts: 1733
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:23 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:47 pm

Qantas16 wrote:
Anyone heard anything about the rumour CX will be storing aircraft in WTB and even BNE. Would potentially make sense over ASP given it’ll (hopefully) be relatively short-term and there are CX engineers based in BNE.

Not sure how true the rumour is and whether there are plans for other Australian airports.

I would not be too surprised given HKG is pretty much full of parked planes right now..

However I doubt it would be BNE given the limitation of parking spot - same goes for SYD MEL for example.

To me even if it's short-term ASP still makes sense - and I bet it will come with a lower cost as well. ASP also does have engineering facility and they can always choose to send engineers in if needed.

Michael
 
User avatar
qf2220
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:16 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:21 am

Plus ASP is dry which is better than humid BNE (and to a lesser extent WTB).
 
jrfspa320
Posts: 578
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:18 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:35 am

I wouldnt be surprised if we see a reduction in Japan services soon, and a faster retirement of the 747s.
 
CruiseSF
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:18 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:30 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if we see a reduction in Japan services soon, and a faster retirement of the 747s.

Wondering if we are going to see a downgrade from the 747 on SYD-HND or if they will start reducing frequency first. I know the SYD-KIX has seen a minor downgrade from the A333 to the slightly smaller A332.
 
myki
Posts: 198
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:02 am

jrfspa320 wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if we see a reduction in Japan services soon, and a faster retirement of the 747s.

VA can't win. Shame.

Launch HKG, then the protests keep away.
Can it, announce to launch HND, now Coronavirus is slowing down East Asian travel.
 
flyingisthebest
Posts: 56
Joined: Fri May 23, 2014 12:10 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:06 am

CraigAnderson wrote:
SQ out of ADL? This blogger says SQ is replacing its own flights with Scoot. Anybody heard any rumours about this?

https://pointsfromthepacific.boardingar ... e-service/



It makes no sense as the Scoot 787 has more seats than the SQ 350 and the business class is not compatible on the Scoot 787.
 
SenFinn
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:51 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:06 am

Cathay have had a relationship with AVV in the past. Lots of short term storage space and I’m sure the price would be good.
 
ben175
Posts: 799
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:44 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:17 am

I wonder if the recently announced fifth daily SQ service to PER will actually go ahead at this stage...
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5527
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:42 am

eamondzhang wrote:
Qantas16 wrote:
Anyone heard anything about the rumour CX will be storing aircraft in WTB and even BNE. Would potentially make sense over ASP given it’ll (hopefully) be relatively short-term and there are CX engineers based in BNE.

Not sure how true the rumour is and whether there are plans for other Australian airports.

I would not be too surprised given HKG is pretty much full of parked planes right now..

However I doubt it would be BNE given the limitation of parking spot - same goes for SYD MEL for example.

To me even if it's short-term ASP still makes sense - and I bet it will come with a lower cost as well. ASP also does have engineering facility and they can always choose to send engineers in if needed.

Michael

Agreed as mentioned BNE & WTB don’t make any sense. The dry conditions at ASP and low storage fees make it the ideal candidate for short to long term storage.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:09 am

Garuda is upgrading PER-CGK from 738 to A333 from 12-28 Mar 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:11 am

John Borghetti has been appointed as a board member for Brisbane Airport Corp

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/for ... ort-board/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:14 am

Jetstar ground workers have approved a new a pay deal

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/jet ... -increase/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:15 am

T'way Air is looking at leasing widebody aircraft to launch ICN-SYD in 2021

https://blueswandaily.com/tway-air-to-l ... 1-reports/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:22 am

myki wrote:
jrfspa320 wrote:
I wouldnt be surprised if we see a reduction in Japan services soon, and a faster retirement of the 747s.

VA can't win. Shame.

Launch HKG, then the protests keep away.
Can it, announce to launch HND, now Coronavirus is slowing down East Asian travel.


Virgin is quite optimistic about the future of HND, Scurrah has also said they can use dispension if needed but atm they haven't seen a drop in forward bookings.

FWIW I have been keeping an eye on the loads out of PER for NH and I cant say I have noticed anything unusual with them, they appear to be where I would expect them this time of the year
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:26 am

ben175 wrote:
I wonder if the recently announced fifth daily SQ service to PER will actually go ahead at this stage...


I guess its possible however since the flight is to provide better connection times for European flights it should stay. Looking at the loads of EK and QR atm for the past few weeks their loads have been really good, rarely under 85% for either carrier, so atm European traffic hasn't taken a hit but of course things can change
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:35 am

Air Vanuatu will use the A220 on BNE-VLI from 8 Jun 20

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... ne-flights
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:37 am

A coronavirus alert has been issued for QR908 arriving into SYD on the 23 Feb 20 after a passenger was diagnosed with Coronavirus

https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/ ... ney-qr908/
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:46 am

Canberra Airport has put forward an ambitious plan to the government of tripling passenger numbers from 3 million to 9 million by 2040. Included in the plan

New domestic destinations - DRW, HBA, CNS and MCY
New international destinations - NAN. LAX, NRT, DPS, KUL, DXB and HKG by 2040
doubling flights from the current 170 now
growing airport precinct
New freight hub
Potential new light rail station

https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/ ... rs-treble/
Forum Moderator
 
Ishrion
Posts: 2692
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:17 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:51 am

qf789 wrote:
Canberra Airport has put forward an ambitious plan to the government of tripling passenger numbers from 3 million to 9 million by 2040. Included in the plan

New international destinations - NAN. LAX, NRT, DPS, KUL, DXB and HKG by 2040

https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/ ... rs-treble/


3x weekly AA 788 LAX-CBR coming right up... :spin:
 
zkncj
Posts: 3816
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:57 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:58 am

qf789 wrote:
Canberra Airport has put forward an ambitious plan to the government of tripling passenger numbers from 3 million to 9 million by 2040. Included in the plan

New international destinations - NAN. LAX, NRT, DPS, KUL, DXB and HKG by 2040
https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/ ... rs-treble/


Take it they have given up on an AKL service then?
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:58 am

A VARA aircraft has returned to PER after mid air incident

https://twitter.com/westaustralian/stat ... 14368?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:06 am

Ishrion wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Canberra Airport has put forward an ambitious plan to the government of tripling passenger numbers from 3 million to 9 million by 2040. Included in the plan

New international destinations - NAN. LAX, NRT, DPS, KUL, DXB and HKG by 2040

https://australianaviation.com.au/2020/ ... rs-treble/


3x weekly AA 788 LAX-CBR coming right up... :spin:


Its more like a wish list, NAN and DPS yes but the others are probably unlikely at this stage but stranger things could be happen, No NZ flights either, thought that would be a top priority

It seems the next AA destination to Australia could be DFW-BNE in 2021

https://twitter.com/xJonNYC/status/1233 ... 02144?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:28 am

A couple of QF changes today

QF35/36 MEL-SIN A332 replaces A388
QF127/128 SYD-HKG, 789 replaces A330/744
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
eta unknown
Posts: 2804
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:03 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 8:58 am

qf789 wrote:
ben175 wrote:
I wonder if the recently announced fifth daily SQ service to PER will actually go ahead at this stage...

I guess its possible however since the flight is to provide better connection times for European flights it should stay. Looking at the loads of EK and QR atm for the past few weeks their loads have been really good, rarely under 85% for either carrier, so atm European traffic hasn't taken a hit but of course things can change


EK & QR don't sell any AU-Asia tickets so their loads aren't too affected. The only backtrack from their hubs is EK sells into the India/Pakistan market whereas QR concentrates on selling AU-ME/Europe only. I spoke to a colleague on the air ticket consolidator side late last week and yes- things are definitely about to change.
 
planemanofnz
Posts: 4373
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:46 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:22 am

qf789 wrote:
Canberra Airport ... New international destinations - NAN. LAX, NRT, DPS, KUL, DXB and HKG by 2040

Would AKL not come before any of those?

Cheers,

C.
 
User avatar
eta unknown
Posts: 2804
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:03 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:56 am

Most definitely, but above list is nothing more than a PR soundbite- it really serves no purpose, except maybe to keep shareholders abreast of the marketing dept. activities.
 
User avatar
RyanairGuru
Posts: 8273
Joined: Wed Nov 01, 2006 3:59 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:11 am

eta unknown wrote:
Most definitely, but above list is nothing more than a PR soundbite- it really serves no purpose, except maybe to keep shareholders abreast of the marketing dept. activities.


There are no shareholders. CAG is owned by Terry Snow, who is also executive chairman.
Worked Hard, Flew Right
 
User avatar
eta unknown
Posts: 2804
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:03 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:31 am

The minions want to keep Terry happy?!?
 
User avatar
EK413
Posts: 5527
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:11 pm

Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:44 am

Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport rail link will be delayed.

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1234376498804592640?s=09

Honestly, I ain’t surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
 
User avatar
SCFlyer
Posts: 578
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:08 pm

Tough times ahead for VA as bonds slump, and shares fall further to a all time low of 10 cents.

With shareholders either on the brink of liquidation (HNA) or still in debt (EY) or hands-off and considering selling (SQ, Nanshan). It's not expected that they will help.

Source: https://www.afr.com/markets/debt-market ... 301-p545q0
(If you used up the "free articles" quota, then paywall applies to the link).
 
F100Flyer
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:50 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:28 pm

qf789 wrote:
Garuda is upgrading PER-CGK from 738 to A333 from 12-28 Mar 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/


Any guesses for what's driving the change? I'm guessing under utilised aircraft to the rest of Asia and send temporarily to better markets.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:47 pm

F100Flyer wrote:
qf789 wrote:
Garuda is upgrading PER-CGK from 738 to A333 from 12-28 Mar 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-changes/


Any guesses for what's driving the change? I'm guessing under utilised aircraft to the rest of Asia and send temporarily to better markets.


I have no idea, their loads have been quite good of late though I would have thought they would have gone up on frequency rather then throw a bigger aircraft on the route
Forum Moderator
 
Scotron12
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:48 pm

QF going direct to pilots after talks with AIPA ended with no agreement. QF want the pilots to vote between 20-30th March.

Interesting it says in article that AJ has been already approached by an Australian pilot who says would be able to recruit expat pilots from Asia for PS.


https://www.airlineratings.com/news/qan ... rise-deal/
 
Aviator34ID
Posts: 69
Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:34 am

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:30 am

EK413 wrote:
Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport rail link will be delayed.

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1234376498804592640?s=09

Honestly, I ain’t surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


When was the last time anything was built on time in Australia?
 
tullamarine
Posts: 2485
Joined: Thu Aug 05, 1999 1:14 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:54 am

SCFlyer wrote:
Tough times ahead for VA as bonds slump, and shares fall further to a all time low of 10 cents.

With shareholders either on the brink of liquidation (HNA) or still in debt (EY) or hands-off and considering selling (SQ, Nanshan). It's not expected that they will help.

Source: https://www.afr.com/markets/debt-market ... 301-p545q0
(If you used up the "free articles" quota, then paywall applies to the link).

It would be a problem if they had any intention to tap shareholders or the market for extra funds. As they have stated they don't anticipate this in the forseeable future, it is not an issue currently.

It is likely all Asia-Pac airlines are in for a rough ride in the short to medium term so share price drop is pretty common across the sector though low liquidity of VA stock makes it pretty irrelevant anyway. All the previously issued bonds were fully subscribed so losses exist with the bondholders not the airline.

You often state on this and other forums that SQ are planning to sell but I have been uable to find any link that supports this opinion. You may be right but, if it is an opinion rather than a fact, it would probably be better to preface your comment with "I think".
Last edited by tullamarine on Tue Mar 03, 2020 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR
 
User avatar
VirginFlyer
Posts: 5574
Joined: Sun Sep 10, 2000 12:27 pm

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:57 am

Aviator34ID wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Western Sydney International (Nancy-Bird Walton) Airport rail link will be delayed.

https://twitter.com/9NewsSyd/status/1234376498804592640?s=09

Honestly, I ain’t surprised.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


When was the last time anything was built on time in Australia?

Brisbane’s parallel runway?

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 20

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos