Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

cpd

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:00 am

Can we have an end to the pro Alan Joyce, anti-union / anti-Alan Joyce, pro-union rubbish. Please take it elsewhere and we don't need to hear it.

What is important now is how these people will survive. I have a feeling for a lot of people the airline industry as employment is over for good and they'll find something hopefully somewhere else. But even that is not assured at the moment either.

I do believe Alan Joyce would have the financial capacity to go without pay or any kind of bonuses for quite a while and this I think would be a good move from a PR point of view. Even if it doesn't help all of the workers whose jobs are gone, it is the right thing to do at this time.

Whatsaptudo

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:01 am

Sparker wrote:
jman wrote:
An767 wrote:
I think you will find AJ and all directors are not taking salary for rest of financial year.

AN767

The financial year is nearly over. The staff getting stood down and not getting money will extend into the new financial year. July 1st he will start get millions again. and bonuses aren't a part of salary, they are in addition to salary. Bonuses from before now will still be eligible for him, thats how he makes almost 30 million a year

Qantas have announced that:
- Joyce and Clifford will receive no salary or fees for the rest of the FY
- all other management and Directors will take a 30% pay cut or reduction in fees, and
- all management bonuses will be reduced to zero.

That's for this FY. Why don't we wait and see what happens as we get closer to next FY, before just declaring that they'll do the wrong thing.

Clifford? Does it say that in the publication? Goyder is the chairman now.

FL420FT

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:21 am

mrkerr7474 wrote:
Just in response to QF and the flexibility they are offering going forward, I have an existing booking for late April which obviously will be cancelled due to no international flights going until end of May, I don't want to cancel and rebook at a later time, I simply just want to change my dates to the end of the year (if I have to change again closer to the time because the virus is still impacting everything then I will).

My question is, no where are they offering the ability to waive the change fee on existing bookings as I've just tried to look at different new dates (July, September, November and December) and each time I still have the change fee associated with it. Surely they are helping waive the change fee for existing bookings that will be cancelled before May but customers simply just want to change dates and not have to cancel?

Anyone got any more information on this?

Unfortunately (and I'm assuming you did a dry run on .. )QF.com isn't programmed for the waivers that are in place. I'm not a web design / programming person so I can't answer if they can easily change it (I'm sure they would if they could).
The waiver of the change fee you are seeking can only be done over the phone via your place of purchase (QF.com or what ever other booking channel it was created). If QF.com and if fees need to be waved, it will need to be done on the phone with their telephone sales team. Expect wait times of 4 - 5 hours.

FL420FT

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:40 am

aerokiwi wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
FL420FT wrote:
Logistically, it will be a bit of a small challenge. Issues facing this including having several dozen Laptops / PC's set up available with the correct applications. Training, even on a very basic / rushed scenario of the telephone sales policy's / procedures will be a couple of weeks. Once the training is finished, there are the real world situations that will arise which will require a 'floor walker' to assist with the questions the FA's will definitely be asking.
If it all falls into place, then the Airport staff (who will equally be not be working as much), will also be saying 'hey if the FA's get this opportunities, why can't we'.

I cannot see if being feasible, especially because the vast majority of calls are either going to be cancellation (which admittedly is fairly straightforward) or rebooking and ticket reissue (potentially very complex). Now is not the time to be training up new staff. It will just divert existing staff to train and supervise them.

To reiterate what Lufthansa said, learning manual GDS commands is like learning a new language. It can take weeks to gain even basic knowledge and months to become proficient.

There may be a number of enquiries that can be managed without undertaking booking changes. Effectively a triage operation, providing reassurance and guidance to less immediate travellers and taking the burden off the experts dealing with passengers with more immediate needs (I.e. travel within the week).

This buys time for the airlines to ramp up contingency plans, relieves the burden on the booking staff and gives some degree of confidence to customers.

I worked in the agency that had to respond to the Canterbury earthquakes and increased its call centre from about 20 people to over 1200 in a couple of weeks. It was incredibly difficult, particularly getting people from scratch, and that's in a more flexible labour market.

But people always prefer a voice over a website. And with IT systems the way they are now, there's opportunity for that type of staff to work from home for safety as well.

Some staff today received an email with an EOI and a general questionnaire for a short term call centre ..

Some of the questions were involving working hours, a Qantas Laptop, Reservations training.

It was attached to an email outlining (and I am paraphrasing here), a short term call centre to assist with reservations, baggage and customer care (complaints) for the short term while the flights are on this reduced schedule to assist with the projected influx of calls for customers rebooking and to reduce the number of stand downs.

aerokiwi

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:15 am

FL420FT wrote:
aerokiwi wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:

I cannot see if being feasible, especially because the vast majority of calls are either going to be cancellation (which admittedly is fairly straightforward) or rebooking and ticket reissue (potentially very complex). Now is not the time to be training up new staff. It will just divert existing staff to train and supervise them.

To reiterate what Lufthansa said, learning manual GDS commands is like learning a new language. It can take weeks to gain even basic knowledge and months to become proficient.

There may be a number of enquiries that can be managed without undertaking booking changes. Effectively a triage operation, providing reassurance and guidance to less immediate travellers and taking the burden off the experts dealing with passengers with more immediate needs (I.e. travel within the week).

This buys time for the airlines to ramp up contingency plans, relieves the burden on the booking staff and gives some degree of confidence to customers.

I worked in the agency that had to respond to the Canterbury earthquakes and increased its call centre from about 20 people to over 1200 in a couple of weeks. It was incredibly difficult, particularly getting people from scratch, and that's in a more flexible labour market.

But people always prefer a voice over a website. And with IT systems the way they are now, there's opportunity for that type of staff to work from home for safety as well.

Some staff today received an email with an EOI and a general questionnaire for a short term call centre ..

Some of the questions were involving working hours, a Qantas Laptop, Reservations training.

It was attached to an email outlining (and I am paraphrasing here), a short term call centre to assist with reservations, baggage and customer care (complaints) for the short term while the flights are on this reduced schedule to assist with the projected influx of calls for customers rebooking and to reduce the number of stand downs.

Well that's great to hear. Sensible. Helpful. I hope it brings relief to some employees. Though I can only imagine the kind of demanding callers they'll get. Still, good.

EK413

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:23 am

Wasn’t sure if this had been shared regarding update on QF flight cancellations...

We've announced significant changes to our business, in response to the evolving Coronavirus situation, including various government-imposed travel restrictions beyond our control. Full details can be found here: http://bit.ly/3bapRy2

We understand that this has a huge impact on our customers. From early next week, we will be automatically processing a flight credit. This flight credit can be redeemed up until 30 September 2020 or 12 months from the original date of ticket issue, whichever date is later.

All customers with a pre-existing international or Australian domestic flight up to 31 May 2020, who no longer wish to travel, can also cancel their booking via http://bit.ly/3ddhzaM and receive a full travel credit. These cancellations must be processed by 31 March 2020.

Our call centres are under significant pressure responding to the rapidly evolving travel situation. At this stage we are prioritising those with imminent travel, and we ask that you do not call our call centres unless your travel is commencing within the next 48 hours.

If your flight was booked through a travel agency or third-party website and impacted by the above network changes, you will need to contact this company directly.

Thank you for your ongoing patience in a challenging time for us all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

Captdasbomb

Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:23 pm

On the bright side BHP is looking at upgrading current FIFO flights to 737/A320 at 50% capacity. Apparently Fokkers are a bit too close for comfort.

jman

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:38 pm

a36001 wrote:
getluv wrote:
jman wrote:

The financial year is nearly over. The staff getting stood down and not getting money will extend into the new financial year. July 1st he will start get millions again. and bonuses aren't a part of salary, they are in addition to salary. Bonuses from before now will still be eligible for him, thats how he makes almost 30 million a year

Jesus Christ! Stop the grandstanding. It's not constructive and it does not change a thing. People in the travel industry will be lucky to have jobs at all by the end of the month.

Thank god someone said this! Now is not the time to bash AJ or QF! We the family of crew have just learnt we are a one income family which means a lot of changes! And you have the audacity to spurt out your no doubt union affiliated junk! Mate we don’t need to hear it now! Have some class and pick your times! Idiot!

Im actually one of the crew who has been stood down and will receive no income for the next two months, most likely more. Im not part of the union, and just because 20000 of us are being temporarily stood down, doesn't mean we will have the job in two months. Most of us can't afford to be out of work for that long, and they are counting on that fact that we will leave so that they can run on minimum numbers to achieve their KPI's for the next year, which benefits them. The "special flights" they will be doing in conjunction with the government will still make them money, just like the Wuhan flights they did made them money. Try and think about it from the other side of the people who have been told they don't have a job and are not coping mentally. And the company won't care

EK413

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:50 pm

jman wrote:
a36001 wrote:
getluv wrote:

Jesus Christ! Stop the grandstanding. It's not constructive and it does not change a thing. People in the travel industry will be lucky to have jobs at all by the end of the month.

Thank god someone said this! Now is not the time to bash AJ or QF! We the family of crew have just learnt we are a one income family which means a lot of changes! And you have the audacity to spurt out your no doubt union affiliated junk! Mate we don’t need to hear it now! Have some class and pick your times! Idiot!

Im actually one of the crew who has been stood down and will receive no income for the next two months, most likely more. Im not part of the union, and just because 20000 of us are being temporarily stood down, doesn't mean we will have the job in two months. Most of us can't afford to be out of work for that long, and they are counting on that fact that we will leave so that they can run on minimum numbers to achieve their KPI's for the next year, which benefits them. The "special flights" they will be doing in conjunction with the government will still make them money, just like the Wuhan flights they did made them money. Try and think about it from the other side of the people who have been told they don't have a job and are not coping mentally. And the company won't care

Very well said. Black and white, straight to the point! Problem is many users are one sided and don’t spare any thought about the impact on the other side. Have spoken to colleagues impacted by today’s announcement and it’s still so surreal and finding it so hard to digest the devastating news.
Stay strong.

moa999

Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:57 pm

We are in unprecedented times.
Unfortunately labour is far easier to stand down than interest or lease payments.

The simple fact is if this situation doesn't resolve itself quickly every airline in the world will be bankrupt within months, without specific government support.

And id far prefer to be a Qantas employee than an expat in the middle East at the moment

(As someone not in the aviation industry but currently out of work and likely to struggle in the near future)

mrkerr7474

Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:27 pm

FL420FT wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:
Just in response to QF and the flexibility they are offering going forward, I have an existing booking for late April which obviously will be cancelled due to no international flights going until end of May, I don't want to cancel and rebook at a later time, I simply just want to change my dates to the end of the year (if I have to change again closer to the time because the virus is still impacting everything then I will).

My question is, no where are they offering the ability to waive the change fee on existing bookings as I've just tried to look at different new dates (July, September, November and December) and each time I still have the change fee associated with it. Surely they are helping waive the change fee for existing bookings that will be cancelled before May but customers simply just want to change dates and not have to cancel?

Anyone got any more information on this?

Unfortunately (and I'm assuming you did a dry run on .. )QF.com isn't programmed for the waivers that are in place. I'm not a web design / programming person so I can't answer if they can easily change it (I'm sure they would if they could).
The waiver of the change fee you are seeking can only be done over the phone via your place of purchase (QF.com or what ever other booking channel it was created). If QF.com and if fees need to be waved, it will need to be done on the phone with their telephone sales team. Expect wait times of 4 - 5 hours.

Thank you for your response. I did think as much that would be the case but thought they may have introduced something due to the long phone wait times. I will have to phone QF (I always book direct) and hopefully they will waive the fee over the phone as too much hassle to cancel and rebook later.

Funnily enough I phoned them yesterday to ask a question about double status credit, I thought I phoned the frequent flyer number but somehow got through to the reservations team instead after only 25mins before being transferred do FF team.
Hopefully I can get some luck like that again this weekend

qf002

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:05 pm

Don't call them, just wait for the automatic cancelation credit to be processed and then book for your new dates online. The cost of your new dates later in the year is only going to drop over the next few months anyway.

The call centres have enough to be dealing with at the moment without stuff that isn't urgent.

cpd

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:05 pm

jman wrote:
a36001 wrote:
getluv wrote:

Nobody could have foreseen the impacts of this being that dramatic and going global. It’s awful and I cannot imagine the stress for those who’ve lost their jobs, probably I’d also say jobs they loved doing.

It’s important however to get out and keep doing the other things you enjoy, be it going for a walk with friends, riding a bicycle, running, etc. Those things reduce stress. And reaching out to others when the pressure feels too much. That’s okay - we all need to do that sometimes, that’s no admission of not being strong enough, it’s being normal like everyone else.

Hang in there people.

bjwonline

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:26 pm

With the heavy restrictions put on Australian travellers and visitors, has anyone seen much info on what other carriers are doing with their flights to Oz? I remember seeing most of the US carriers pulling out but what about BA, ME3 and Asian airlines? Are we likely to see all international flights stop with just a few exceptions?

smartplane

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:36 pm

moa999 wrote:
We are in unprecedented times.
The simple fact is if this situation doesn't resolve itself quickly every airline in the world will be bankrupt within months, without specific government support.

And some countries too.

mrkerr7474

Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:44 pm

qf002 wrote:
Don't call them, just wait for the automatic cancelation credit to be processed and then book for your new dates online. The cost of your new dates later in the year is only going to drop over the next few months anyway.

The call centres have enough to be dealing with at the moment without stuff that isn't urgent.

That would be the easiest thing to do of course but even though it's less important in the scheme of things, the double status credits offer from February when I booked my tickets, if I change my dates this offer is still valid but of course cancelling the ticket makes it void. So why not get a heads up on having to retain status next year when flying still might be limited. The cost of my trip was already the cheapest QF ever consistently sell it for, they aren't going to sell it for any cheaper

Tankdiver

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:00 pm

I was working VA23 this morning....I found this memo from the lead FA on the flight...

aerokiwi

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:30 pm

mrkerr7474 wrote:
qf002 wrote:

That would be the easiest thing to do of course but even though it's less important in the scheme of things, the double status credits offer from February when I booked my tickets, if I change my dates this offer is still valid but of course cancelling the ticket makes it void. So why not get a heads up on having to retain status next year when flying still might be limited. The cost of my trip was already the cheapest QF ever consistently sell it for, they aren't going to sell it for any cheaper

While it's personally inconvenient no doubt, reading these types of posts alongside those from people who suddenly find themselves without an income and possibly a career is pretty galling. I think we all get that it's a pain for you. But consider others on this site when posting.

Sparker

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:34 pm

Whatsaptudo wrote:
Sparker wrote:
jman wrote:

Qantas have announced that:
- Joyce and Clifford will receive no salary or fees for the rest of the FY
- all other management and Directors will take a 30% pay cut or reduction in fees, and
- all management bonuses will be reduced to zero.

That's for this FY. Why don't we wait and see what happens as we get closer to next FY, before just declaring that they'll do the wrong thing.

Clifford? Does it say that in the publication? Goyder is the chairman now.

Woops! Yep, Goyder. I had read the ASX update a few days before and was going from memory.

zkncj

Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:49 pm

What todo it you OTA (Expedia) has gone silent on an Virgin Australia booking? That one time I booked with Expedia and not directly with the airline.

I had an email from Expedia earlier in the week to contact them about my cancelled Virgin Australia flights, yet there is no way to get in touch with Expedia.

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:08 pm

zkncj wrote:
What todo it you OTA (Expedia) has gone silent on an Virgin Australia booking? That one time I booked with Expedia and not directly with the airline.

I had an email from Expedia earlier in the week to contact them about my cancelled Virgin Australia flights, yet there is no way to get in touch with Expedia.

133 810 is their Australian phone number.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

zkncj

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:11 pm

RyanairGuru wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Point being there phone number now doesn't seem to do anything.

Seems to be that there is an IATA temporary reform e.g. all booking should be transfered from Travel Agent control, back to the airlines.

mrkerr7474

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:31 pm

aerokiwi wrote:
mrkerr7474 wrote:
qf002 wrote:

While it's personally inconvenient no doubt, reading these types of posts alongside those from people who suddenly find themselves without an income and possibly a career is pretty galling. I think we all get that it's a pain for you. But consider others on this site when posting.

Inconvenient of course, like for many others around the world and apologies if I am not coming across considerate to others. I have been within the industry for a while and have close friends who are in the industry and being stood down because of the system. I was just trying to keep my booking alive in the system for those to show support to them and the airline that I'm committing to them as soon as international flying is back available again and country restrictions eased.

RyanairGuru

Thu Mar 19, 2020 10:47 pm

zkncj wrote:
RyanairGuru wrote:
zkncj wrote:

Point being there phone number now doesn't seem to do anything.

Seems to be that there is an IATA temporary reform e.g. all booking should be transfered from Travel Agent control, back to the airlines.

The airlines can, effectively, take control at any time. Right now they can barely cope with the call volume as it is, so anyone they can push off they will.

Have you tried contacting Expedia by web chat?
Worked Hard, Flew Right

eamondzhang

Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:08 pm

Tankdiver wrote:
I was working VA23 this morning....I found this memo from the lead FA on the flight...

Lovely from them and all the best for all affected

Myself don't work for aviation but for cruise and we're all on the same boat now - let's ride out of the shit together

Cheers,
Michael

jrfspa320

Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:38 am

Any idea yet where all these aircraft will be parked?

SCFlyer

Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:26 am

Reportedly AVV and unconfirmed at this stage some will be parked in BNE's new runway/taxiway precinct.

CraigAnderson

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:57 am

"Cathay Pacific axes almost all Australian (and worldwide) flights"

SYD will be 3x week but ADL, BNE, MEL and PER are gone, as is almost the entire CX network, only 12 destinations remain!

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... de-flights

Aviator34ID

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:53 am

CraigAnderson wrote:

SYD will be 3x week but ADL, BNE, MEL and PER are gone, as is almost the entire CX network, only 12 destinations remain!

I must have got it wrong. I thought the borders were closed a) to all incoming non-citizens or permanent residents (and those who do come have to self quarantine for 14 days) and b) to any outgoing Australian citizens/permanent residents.

How can they keep flying 3 times a week to Sydney?

VirginFlyer

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:07 am

Aviator34ID wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

I must have got it wrong. I thought the borders were closed a) to all incoming non-citizens or permanent residents (and those who do come have to self quarantine for 14 days) and b) to any outgoing Australian citizens/permanent residents.

Australian citizens and permanent residents are capable of flying Cathay Pacific. Plus freight is capable of going in the holds.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

benjjk

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:25 am

A 96% reduction in capacity for CX. Whilst not unexpected it's still shocking to see. A good airline with good people, I really hope they can get through (same goes for everyone else struggling out there).

Ironically Hong Kong itself is not that badly affected by the virus. Hopefully that at least means they will bounce back quickly.

anstar

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:57 am

VirginFlyer wrote:

Australian citizens and permanent residents are capable of flying Cathay Pacific. Plus freight is capable of going in the holds.

V/F[/quote]

Essential travel is allowed by the govt think medical/govt traffic.

RyanairGuru

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:06 am

Aviator34ID wrote:
CraigAnderson wrote:

Australian citizens/residents are NOT banned from leaving. They are free to travel against DFAT advice if they so desire, but will do so without travel insurance or any hope of official assistance if they get stuck or sick.

Australian citizens/residents overseas can continue to return, and some might not do so for weeks/months yet if they live overseas.

Cargo will continue, and be the backbone of Cathay's business for the foreseeable future.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

SYDSpotter

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:18 am

Aviator34ID wrote:

There are plenty of tourists/non-residents who are in Australia who need to return home, so flights are needed. The likes of CX/SQ who are now running skeleton schedules are best placed to take them home via their hubs.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

SYDSpotter

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:31 am

jman wrote:
a36001 wrote:
getluv wrote:

Are you saying QF will making a profit this year? I can assure you, they will be making a big loss this year.

As to your previous post about management still getting their bonuses - well they certainly won't be meeting any of their financial KPI's !!!

I feel for your personal situation, but if QF continue to pay all salaries whilst only taking in 30-40% of their normal revenue, they will go under. The $700m allocated to the airline industry is only a small fraction of the total expenses QF/VA incur.
319_320_321_332_333_359_388 / 734_737_738_743_744_762_763_772_773_77W_788_789

FL420FT

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:20 am

SCFlyer wrote:
Reportedly AVV and unconfirmed at this stage some will be parked in BNE's new runway/taxiway precinct.

QF have confirmed internally that AVV will be holding between 33 - 36 Aircraft.

They are negotiating with other domestic airports for what space is available.

Also confirmed internally, they will send 'a couple of aircraft' (not sure as to the type) to LAX so when things improve they are 'ready to go'

The preliminary intention is to keep two A330's flying domestically (on the trans-con flights), the balance being their 738's. The 738's will be cycled through the fleet so they don't have to go into storage. Their may be adhoc services for both narrow body and wide body for freight and potential charters (government, cruise companies).

eamondzhang

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:35 am

Given the loss of widebodies domestically (with QF and VA's plan to store most of them), how will loss of cargo capacity impact domestic market? I suspect for those time-critical goods the price will go up quite significantly.

Michael

smi0006

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:44 am

eamondzhang wrote:
Given the loss of widebodies domestically (with QF and VA's plan to store most of them), how will loss of cargo capacity impact domestic market? I suspect for those time-critical goods the price will go up quite significantly.

Michael

Seems most freighters only operate during the night, maybe they will start doing day time schedules too now?

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:25 am

SYDSpotter wrote:
jman wrote:
a36001 wrote:

Are you saying QF will making a profit this year? I can assure you, they will be making a big loss this year.

As to your previous post about management still getting their bonuses - well they certainly won't be meeting any of their financial KPI's !!!

I feel for your personal situation, but if QF continue to pay all salaries whilst only taking in 30-40% of their normal revenue, they will go under. The $700m allocated to the airline industry is only a small fraction of the total expenses QF/VA incur.

QF is in quite a good position to weather this storm

They have an aging fleet of owned 737NG aircraft that can be retired / parked at minimal financial cost.

Their international fleet of A380’s were/are due to come off finance over the next couple of years. They could be parked over the short term.

The 747’s were already scheduled to be retired. Some of the older A330’s could be retired early as well.

Their new fleet of 787’s (owned) could be sustained over the longer term through reduced flying hours.

With QF spending approximately $1billion on CAPEX per year, a reduced CAPEX spend could help offset the cash burn associated with reduced flying.

I suspect QF could reduce their international fleet by 40% by simply taking a one off charge on write off of assets. This would be largely a non-cash loss.

Cash is going to be the biggest issue. Most of the cash these airlines have in the bank relates to customer payments for flights in the future. If customers are requesting refunds and forward bookings become non existent the cash will dry up fairly quickly.

One thing will be certain. Going forward a smaller airline industry will ultimately result in costs being shared between fewer airline customers. I suspect higher fares will be part of the future.

Unfortunately, any industry associated with travel (travel agents, hotels, tourism, airlines) will be impacted. Tourism represents close to 3% of Australian GDP.

Hopefully, the fears of this virus don’t materialise. For the people who remain employed, supporting affected industries will be key to revitalising the jobs that are going to be lost over the short term.

EK413

Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:07 am

VA B77W VHVPF is positioning SYD-BNE for storage or SYD-SIN for scheduled maintenance?

Flight VA9903 from Sydney
https://fr24.com/VOZ9903/243dfeab

zkncj

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:17 am

EK413 wrote:
VA B77W VHVPF is positioning SYD-BNE for storage or SYD-SIN for scheduled maintenance?

Flight VA9903 from Sydney
https://fr24.com/VOZ9903/243dfeab

Looks more like BNE now, maybe its going there for long term parking?

Whats storage space like at Brisbane Wellcamp?

BAeRJ100

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:59 am

FlightAware shows it as heading to BNE.
B737/738/739/744ER/752/753/763/77L/77W/788/789
A223/320/321/332/333/346/359/388
MD82/MD88/717/F100/RJ85/RJ100/146-100/200/300
E175/190/CRJ700/900

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:54 am

Further Thai changes

BKK-BNE, reduced from 4 to 3 weekly, 772 operating eff 29 Mar 20
BKK-MEL, reduced from 14 to 3 weekly, A359 operating eff 29 Mar 20
BKK-PER, reduced from 7 to 3 weekly, A333 operating eff 29 Mar 20, cancelled 30 Apr - 16 Jun 20
BKK-SYD, reduced 7 to 3 weekly, 29 Mar - 25 Jun, 5 weekly 26 Jun - 24 Oct 20, 77W replaces 744

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-20mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:59 am

Royal Brunei Australian changes

MEL reduced to 2 weekly
BNE cancelled

Effective 23 Mar - 30 Apr 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-20mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:01 am

Malindo has suspend all services till 31 Mar 20. Routes include

PER-KUL
SYD-DPS-KUL
MEL-DPS-KUL
BNE-DPS-KUL
ADL-DPS-KUL

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... 0-31mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:04 am

REX will cuts 45% of its network from 6 April. All WA and QLD routes except CNS-ABM

Cancelled routes include

SYD-ARM
SYD-NTL
ADL-PUG

https://www.airlineratings.com/news/aus ... 5-percent/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:05 am

Air Niugini POM-CNS, F70 replaces 763 through to August 20 on Wednesdays and Saturdays

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-18mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:07 am

Jetstar Asia has cancelled all services for 3 weeks through to 15 Apr 20 including SIN-DRW

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... 0-15apr20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:13 am

Qatar changes

ADL - service cancelled 21-31 Mar 20, from 1 Apr - 30 Jun 20 operating 5 instead of 7 weekly, A350-1000 operating
MEL - 77W replaces A388, 26-31 Mar 20
PER - A388 replaced by 77W, A359 and A350-1000, 20 Mar - 30 Apr 20
SYD - QR908/909 operates as normal

DOH-SYD-CBR appears to be suspended

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-19mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:27 am

United Airlines now cancels all flights with last flight departing Australia on 25 Mar 20, cancelled through to at least 3 May 20

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... sa-flights

This means all services to the US and Canada with QF, VA, HA, AA, UA, DL and AC are cancelled

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... a-grounded
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos