ADL and CBR suspended along with Silkair services to DRW and CNS
SIN-MEL-WLG suspended

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... an-flights
Forum Moderator

eamondzhang

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:48 am

qf789 wrote:
United Airlines now cancels all flights with last flight departing Australia on 25 Mar 20, cancelled through to at least 3 May 20

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... sa-flights

This means all services to the US and Canada with QF, VA, HA, AA, UA, DL and AC are cancelled

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... a-grounded

I know the traffic has fallen off the cliff but IMHO no flight between Australia-NA seems a bit excessive - my hunch is QF will eventually come back with 3x weekly 789 on SYD-LAX

Michael

zkncj

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:22 am

eamondzhang wrote:
qf789 wrote:
United Airlines now cancels all flights with last flight departing Australia on 25 Mar 20, cancelled through to at least 3 May 20

This means all services to the US and Canada with QF, VA, HA, AA, UA, DL and AC are cancelled

I know the traffic has fallen off the cliff but IMHO no flight between Australia-NA seems a bit excessive - my hunch is QF will eventually come back with 3x weekly 789 on SYD-LAX

Michael

NZ has kept an single daily 77W service to lax, which connects with there only daily 777 service to SYD.

The New Zealand/Australian Governments have no now to the agreement that citizens of both counties can now transit each other countries to get home.

The Qantas funding package must of had some very different terms, eg NZ is currently getting paid to keep domestic operating, along with SIN,BNE,SYD,MEL,LAX doing even at reduced frequency.

Maybe cutting all international from QF, is more an plead for funding to keep key international routes operating.

qf002

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 am

zkncj wrote:
NZ has kept an single daily 77W service to lax, which connects with there only daily 777 service to SYD

NZ doesn’t have dedicated cargo capacity like QF does which may be a factor.

I don’t see any demand for passenger traffic beyond repatriation flights at this stage. The only people who will be able to travel are dual-nationals with citizenship on both ends in most cases.

tullamarine

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:42 am

The Qantas funding package must of had some very different terms, eg NZ is currently getting paid to keep domestic operating, along with SIN,BNE,SYD,MEL,LAX doing even at reduced frequency.

Maybe cutting all international from QF, is more an plead for funding to keep key international routes operating.

QF and VA have had no funding package to keep specific routes going at this stage. What they have received is a waiver from ATC fees and fuel excise back to 1/2. Given the self-quarantine regimes now in place, the demand for int'l travel is virtually zero. The US is an emerging CV hot-spot; even crews will be leery about going there in the short to medium term. The only possible flights in the short term will be repatriation flights to various ports that I assume VA and QF may be asked to participate in with their grounded WB fleets. After that, any travel will be gov't required travel flown by the RAAF MRTT A332s; sad and strange times indeed.
717, 721/2, 732/3/4/5/7/8/9, 742/3/4, 752/3, 762/3, 772/E/W, 788/9, 300,310, 319,320/1, 332/3, 359, 388, DC9, DC10, F28, F100, 142,143, E75/90, CR2, D82/3/4, SF3, ATR

anstar

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:47 am

zkncj wrote:

Just to be clear QF have received no funding package. All the government is doing is waiving some fees such as air navigation charges for the aussie carriers and refunding them from a certain date. If no flights are operating then they aren't really getting an advantage as they dont pay these fees if not flying...

smi0006

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:33 am

zkncj wrote:
eamondzhang wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Michael

NZ has kept an single daily 77W service to lax, which connects with there only daily 777 service to SYD.

The New Zealand/Australian Governments have no now to the agreement that citizens of both counties can now transit each other countries to get home.

I suspect repatriation flights will now commence. I spent all week at the airport trying to rebook people as the borders closed. Many times East weren’t available until mid April. Canadian and US passport holders can no longer transit via NZ. And Canadians can no longer transit via US. LATAM is running charters as Chile still permits transit of pax airside. After that South America is cut off too.

We suggested all customers contact their embassy and request consular assistance as this is no longer a problem airlines could solve. Particular concern for a lot of low income hospitality workers trying to get back to South America who will be stranded here high and dry with no access to health care or unemployment benefits.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:34 am

The Northern Territory has just announced their borders are shut from Tuesday so I guess there are more cancellations for DRW/ASP on the way.

This also causes another issue, can’t see ASP being used as storage as anyone who flies in would need to self isolate

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation ... 7edd60daa0
Forum Moderator

zkncj

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:00 am

qf789 wrote:
The Northern Territory has just announced their borders are shut from Tuesday so I guess there are more cancellations for DRW/ASP on the way.

This also causes another issue, can’t see ASP being used as storage as anyone who flies in would need to self isolate

SMH is reporting that flight crews are exempt, at this stage.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/coronavirus-updates-live-covid-19-cases-hit-245-000-worldwide-uk-advisors-says-social-distancing-may-last-for-a-year-20200320-p54cfl.html

myki

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:05 am

I guess the first time a flight took place between Australia and North America it would've been probably from SYD and due to distance am guessing was to HNL perhaps?. When was the first one of these that was direct? Not anything with a stop in AKL, NAN, etc. This would be the first time in many many years that there is no Australia/North America connection.

An767

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:07 am

Interesting the the Courier Mail, has a full list of flights with Corona virus pax onboard. But it behind a paywall. Shame on them, should be public knowledge.
AN767
If its got wings put me on it. If it floats on water take it away

zkncj

Sat Mar 21, 2020 7:11 am

myki wrote:
I guess the first time a flight took place between Australia and North America it would've been probably from SYD and due to distance am guessing was to HNL perhaps?. When was the first one of these that was direct? Not anything with a stop in AKL, NAN, etc. This would be the first time in many many years that there is no Australia/North America connection.

Wouldn't it of been around 1989-1991ish, with the introduction of the 744? But that may of been LAX, so HNL would of likely been pre that.

redroo

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:15 am

qf789 wrote:
South African has cancelled PER-JNB flights through to at least the end of May, I guess the question is not when they return but if they return, have we seen the last SA flight to PER?

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... rg-flights

Probably mate. Probably the last of SA in its current form as well. Although it is already practically bankrupt / ward of state as it is !

redroo

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:19 am

qf789 wrote:

Not sure about the states closing their borders.

I’m not sure any of the states is totally self sufficient. We may be ok for food in WA. However we need other stuff to come over from the east coast.

Anyway that’s a non AV discussion for another time.

eta unknown

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:22 am

You still have the following ways to get to North America:
NZ: AKL-LAX
TN: AKL-PPT-LAX (no PPT stopover permitted- the 2 flights are operating as normal)

Someone asked about direct Australia-USA services- has everyone forgotten about the 747SP with PA (LAX) and later QF (SFO)? There were also a number of heavily weight restricted QF 743 flights if the SP wasn't available.
Last edited by eta unknown on Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

EK413

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:28 am

eta unknown wrote:
UA: SYD/MEL-SFO
TN: AKL-PPT-LAX (no PPT stopover permitted)

UA have officially pulled the plug on SFO-SYD & MEL.

qf789 wrote:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

eta unknown

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:29 am

LOL you got to me before I realised the UA error and edited!

Chipmunk1973

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:32 am

I’m a bit confused at to what to do next weekend. Originally I was supposed to be heading to AKL today to do a tour of NZ but this has been postponed till late October.

I’ve booked flights and accommodation at Hamilton Island for three and a half days leaving next Friday. I have been pretty well isolated since I got back from Thailand and Singapore over a week ago and have not presented with any symptoms. Whilst I don’t want to be the next Typhoid Mary, I thought by even doing some local travel I’d be doing a very small part in assisting the local industry.

So I’m no longer sure if I should go ahead or not.

Thanks,
C1973
Cheers,
C1973

anstar

Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:46 am

qf789 wrote:

Crew are usually exempt from these sorts of things. There would likely still be cargo flights etc also if required.

smi0006

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:18 am

eta unknown wrote:
TN: AKL-PPT-LAX (no PPT stopover permitted- the 2 flights are operating as normal)

Someone asked about direct Australia-USA services- has everyone forgotten about the 747SP with PA (LAX) and later QF (SFO)? There were also a number of heavily weight restricted QF 743 flights if the SP wasn't available.

Not really - NZ will only allow NZ/AU nationals to transit, however I believe they are no no longer allowed to enter the US.

smi0006

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:19 am

redroo wrote:
qf789 wrote:
South African has cancelled PER-JNB flights through to at least the end of May, I guess the question is not when they return but if they return, have we seen the last SA flight to PER?

Probably mate. Probably the last of SA in its current form as well. Although it is already practically bankrupt / ward of state as it is !

I swear the only airlines left after all this will be SA, AZ and AR! Lol. Credit it where it’s due those buggar cling to life in the most creative ways.

EK413

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:21 am

eta unknown wrote:

Chipmunk1973 wrote:
I’m a bit confused at to what to do next weekend. Originally I was supposed to be heading to AKL today to do a tour of NZ but this has been postponed till late October.

I’ve booked flights and accommodation at Hamilton Island for three and a half days leaving next Friday. I have been pretty well isolated since I got back from Thailand and Singapore over a week ago and have not presented with any symptoms. Whilst I don’t want to be the next Typhoid Mary, I thought by even doing some local travel I’d be doing a very small part in assisting the local industry.

Thanks,
C1973

Personally, if you could postpone the trip that’s my recommendation. Even though you’ve self isolated for 7 days its short of the recommended 14 days.

I arrived well before the self isolation measures were enforced 16th of March, however still decided to self isolate as a precaution. If everyone followed the “stay home” rule unless you need to head to shops & buy essentials we would beat this virus in no time.

qf002

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:26 am

The only way we are going to get on top of this and minimise the long-term destruction to our economy is by eliminating all but absolutely essential social interaction.

Better to postpone any domestic travel until the industry is in recovery mode and can actually use your patronage/money to rebuild.

RyanairGuru

Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:32 am

EK413 wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

Chipmunk1973 wrote:

Thanks,
C1973

Personally, if you could postpone the trip that’s my recommendation. Even though you’ve self isolated for 7 days its short of the recommended 14 days.

I arrived well before the self isolation measures were enforced 16th of March, however still decided to self isolate as a precaution. If everyone followed the “stay home” rule unless you need to head to shops & buy essentials we would beat this virus in no time.

He will have been isolated for over 14 days by next Friday, at least by my reading.

If it hasn't been been 14 days from returning overseas then absolutely do not go under any circumstances.

Assuming you have self-isolated appropriately I say go for it unless you are symptomatic or have recently been in contact with someone who is. I'm sure reasonable minds will differ on this, but IMHO as much as we need to 'flatten the peak' of the virus we also need to flatten the peak of the economic devastation that's staring us in the face. People *must* continue spending money if we are to avoid the worse, and not just on toilet paper and pasta. It's the only way we can help stem the scale of impending job losses.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:27 am

Another update on Qatar services

ADL now suspended till 31 May 20, 5 weekly for June
MEL 77W replaces A388 till 31 Mar 20, A350-1000 will operate 1 Apr - 31 May 20
PER 77W replaces A388 till 1 Apr, A359 will operate 2 Apr - 31 May 20, reduced to 4 weekly from 2 Apr 20 as well
SYD A350-1000 replaces A388 1 Apr - 31 May 20
DOH-SYD-CBR cancelled 2 Apr - 31 May 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-21mar20/
Forum Moderator

redroo

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:41 am

smi0006 wrote:
redroo wrote:
qf789 wrote:

I swear the only airlines left after all this will be SA, AZ and AR! Lol. Credit it where it’s due those buggar cling to life in the most creative ways.

You put a smile on my face on these strange times

Gemuser

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:49 am

myki wrote:

The first direct flights between Australia began in 1947(?) on the route SYD-NAN-CXI(?) [Canton Island] HNL-SFO by BCPA & PA [BCPA = British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines, a joint venture between UK, Australia & NZ, they used DC-6s]
By 1949 (?) BCPA had folded and QF took over using Constallations on the same route. The introduction of the B707-138s lead to the dropping of CXI. The introduction of the B707-338C allowed NAN to be dropped, although most flight still went via NAN as SYD-HNL was marginal. The introduction of the B747-238B allowed for more secure SYD-HNL non stop flights. The first non stop flight were introduced by QF & PA with the B747SP allowing SYD-SFO [QF] & SYD-LAX [PA].
It was only with the introduction of the B744 that non stop flights were truely practical, initially eastbaound was more secure but westbound often stopped in NAN for fuel when the forcast was not accurate enough. NAN stops were gradually reduced as the airlines got more exprience, weather forcasting improved and new dispatching techniques were developed, until today all flights are usually non stop.

Please becareful with the terms "direct" & "non stop" they are NOT the same! For example QF1/2 SYD-SIN-LHR is a direct flight as is QF 9/10 MEL-PER-LHR. The only non stop flight, at the moment, Australia-UK is QF10/11 PER-LHR [COVED-19 modification excepted]. Hopefully Project Sunrise will not be unduely delayed by the virus and allow non stop flight from SYD/MEL.

Gemuser

Gemuser

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:54 am

redroo wrote:
qf789 wrote:

Not sure about the states closing their borders.

I’m not sure any of the states is totally self sufficient. We may be ok for food in WA. However we need other stuff to come over from the east coast.

Anyway that’s a non AV discussion for another time.

You are right that it is for non aviation but just to mention governments closing borders is prohibited by S92 of the Constituion, there have been some limited exemptions permittted by the High Court to S92 but as far as I know none were by state governments.

Gemuser

CraigAnderson

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:19 pm

QR changes for AU are now in. DOH-SYD-CBR dropped, ADL dropped, most QR A380s grounded, and if LHR is a benchmark of sorts, down from 6/day to 2/day, LGW dropped.

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... lia-london

a320fan

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:24 pm

Chipmunk1973 wrote:

Thanks,
C1973

Please stay home. No one should be travelling anywhere at this point in time unless it’s to actually get home. If everyone stays at home as much as possible, only going out for groceries or medical attention we will get through this horrible virus much quicker with many lives saved. If people keep travelling or going about their daily lives, even with ‘flattening the curve’ social distancing we are going to see overflowing hospitals, hundreds of thousands of deaths and a much longer duration.

This thing is just surreal, if you had told me a few weeks ago that before Easter there would be no flights between Australia and North America I would have told you it’s more likely for pigs to fly.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

Captdasbomb

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:25 pm

qf789 wrote:

Thought airline staff are exempted from Quarantine rules?

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:56 pm

Emirates cancels all ADL, BNE and MEL flights plus DXB-SYD-CHC, cancellations extend to 20 May for some and 30 June for others

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... irbus-a380
Forum Moderator

CraigAnderson

Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:56 pm

Emirates cuts over 100 destinations including ADL, BNE, MEL

DavidByrne

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:01 am

Gemuser wrote:
myki wrote:

The first direct flights between Australia began in 1947(?) on the route SYD-NAN-CXI(?) [Canton Island] HNL-SFO by BCPA & PA [BCPA = British Commonwealth Pacific Airlines, a joint venture between UK, Australia & NZ, they used DC-6s]
By 1949 (?) BCPA had folded and QF took over using Constallations on the same route. The introduction of the B707-138s lead to the dropping of CXI. The introduction of the B707-338C allowed NAN to be dropped, although most flight still went via NAN as SYD-HNL was marginal. The introduction of the B747-238B allowed for more secure SYD-HNL non stop flights. The first non stop flight were introduced by QF & PA with the B747SP allowing SYD-SFO [QF] & SYD-LAX [PA].
It was only with the introduction of the B744 that non stop flights were truely practical, initially eastbaound was more secure but westbound often stopped in NAN for fuel when the forcast was not accurate enough. NAN stops were gradually reduced as the airlines got more exprience, weather forcasting improved and new dispatching techniques were developed, until today all flights are usually non stop.

Please becareful with the terms "direct" & "non stop" they are NOT the same! For example QF1/2 SYD-SIN-LHR is a direct flight as is QF 9/10 MEL-PER-LHR. The only non stop flight, at the moment, Australia-UK is QF10/11 PER-LHR [COVED-19 modification excepted]. Hopefully Project Sunrise will not be unduely delayed by the virus and allow non stop flight from SYD/MEL.

Gemuser

Just a small correction. I think CXI is the code for Christmas Island ; not sure what the code for Canton Islabd is - or even if it still has one.

The BCPA fleet of DC6s went to TEAL, and was that carrier's mainstay until the L-188 Electra arrived in the late '50s. Then they went to the RNZAF as long-haul military transports.
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

TN486T

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:26 am

^^BCPA: Commenced flying Sep 15 1946 using chartered ANA (Australian National Airways) DC4's. The original BCPA route was SYD-AUCKLAND-FIJI-CANTON ISLAND-HAWAII-SAN FRAN CISCO-VANCOUVER. In 1948 BCPA received their first of 4 DC 6's. They ordered 6 Comets in 52 for 54 delivery however the takeover by QF in 54 scuttled the Comet order.
Source. Aussieairliners.org
Last edited by TN486T on Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

planemanofnz

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:28 am

eta unknown wrote:
TN: AKL-PPT-LAX (no PPT stopover permitted- the 2 flights are operating as normal).

Not an option. You cannot book AKL - LAX tickets on TN's website. Those flights are probably just being maintained for cargo purposes.

Cheers,

C.

qf2220

Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:53 am

DavidByrne wrote:
Gemuser wrote:
CXI(?) [Canton Island]

CXI is the code for Christmas Island ; not sure what the code for Canton Islabd is - or even if it still has one.

Kanton/Canton Island - CIS
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kanton_Island

Christmas Island is XCH

I do miss the old pages that had the airport and airline codes built into it.

a320fan

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:04 am

With the government now saying to avoid any unnecessary interstate travel I expect to hear of further capacity cutbacks domestically. I also wouldn’t be surprised of the imminent winding down and closure of TT.
A319, A320, A321, A330-200, A350-900, A380, 737-700, 737-800, 777-200ER, 777-300, 777-300ER, 787-8, Q300, Q400

DavidByrne

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:08 am

qf2220 wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:
Gemuser wrote:
CXI(?) [Canton Island]

CXI is the code for Christmas Island ; not sure what the code for Canton Islabd is - or even if it still has one.

Christmas Island is XCH

There are two Christmas Islands; not sure which one is XCH - the one in the Indian Ocean or the one in the Pacific?
This is not my beautiful house . . . This is not my beautiful wife

ben175

Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:38 am

qf789 wrote:
Emirates cancels all ADL, BNE and MEL flights plus DXB-SYD-CHC, cancellations extend to 20 May for some and 30 June for others

So only SYD and PER remain?

Aviator34ID

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:04 am

Has anybody seen any photos of the parked fleets yet?

Boof

Sun Mar 22, 2020 2:19 am

EK413 wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

qf789 wrote:

UA today reversed the decision on SYD-SFO and it will continue through April and May. The Exec Traveller link already provided has been updated to reflect this.

In other threads it mentions UA decided to keep at least one flight to each continent. See how long that lasts!
Bring back Virgin Blue!

aerokiwi

Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 am

Boof wrote:
EK413 wrote:
eta unknown wrote:

qf789 wrote:

UA today reversed the decision on SYD-SFO and it will continue through April and May. The Exec Traveller link already provided has been updated to reflect this.

In other threads it mentions UA decided to keep at least one flight to each continent. See how long that lasts!

Possibly for airfreight purposes?

RyanairGuru

Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:36 am

DavidByrne wrote:
qf2220 wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:

Christmas Island is XCH

There are two Christmas Islands; not sure which one is XCH - the one in the Indian Ocean or the one in the Pacific?

XCH is Christmas Island, the Australian territory in the Indian Ocean. CXI is Kiritimati (previous known as Christmas Island) in Kiribati.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

EK413

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:18 am

Aviator34ID wrote:

Photos of the 3 VA Heavies in BNE.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/with/49684660933/

Western Australia, South Australia to close borders in response to coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/amp.abc.n ... e/12079044

If this were to happen it’s definitely got to be the end 1 of the 2 carriers

qf2220

Sun Mar 22, 2020 5:36 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
DavidByrne wrote:
qf2220 wrote:

Christmas Island is XCH

XCH is Christmas Island, the Australian territory in the Indian Ocean. CXI is Kiritimati (previous known as Christmas Island) in Kiribati.

Thanks. I did not know about the Pacific Christmas Island.

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:39 am

EK413 wrote:
Aviator34ID wrote:

Western Australia, South Australia to close borders in response to coronavirus pandemic.

I would expect that both VA and QF will cut to the bone, wouldnt rule out cuts around 80-90% of previously planned capacity.

Ok the next thing I am going to say might be controversial but it did cross my mind 2 weeks ago and I am leaning more towards it.

I would think with states closing their borders a nation wide grounding of commercial aircraft could happen as early as this week. Separately I have heard a rumour come out of PER, at first I didnt believe but now wouldnt be surprised if it happen and its not good news

Meanwhile one ground handling company has sent out emails to its entire workforce today standing down the workforce till mid June
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:42 am

Fiji Airways suspending 95% of ops from Tuesday leaving only SIN-NAN operating meaning flights to SYD, MEL and BNE are cancelled to end of May 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... -may-2020/
Forum Moderator

EK413

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:54 am

qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:
Aviator34ID wrote:

I would expect that both VA and QF will cut to the bone, wouldnt rule out cuts around 80-90% of previously planned capacity.

Ok the next thing I am going to say might be controversial but it did cross my mind 2 weeks ago and I am leaning more towards it.

I would think with states closing their borders a nation wide grounding of commercial aircraft could happen as early as this week. Separately I have heard a rumour come out of PER, at first I didnt believe but now wouldnt be surprised if it happen and its not good news

Meanwhile one ground handling company has sent out emails to its entire workforce today standing down the workforce till mid June

I’ve heard similar news and workforce will be on paid and non-paid leave...

Not good at all...

qf789
Topic Author

Sun Mar 22, 2020 6:59 am

EK413 wrote:
qf789 wrote:
EK413 wrote:

I’ve heard similar news and workforce will be on paid and non-paid leave...

Not good at all...

No it isnt. In other news all 5 QF 747's to be sent to ASP for storage this week

https://www.smh.com.au/national/tighter ... 1584857452
Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos