Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

allrite

Re: Australian Aviation Thread - March 2020

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:55 am

Channel 7 is today claiming that this morning's QF26 was the last Qantas 747 flight before retirement. Anyone know if that's true (my trust level in the station is exceeding low)?

Very sad if it doesn't get a proper farewell when this dies down.
I like artificial banana essence!

ZK-NBT

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:05 am

allrite wrote:
Channel 7 is today claiming that this morning's QF26 was the last Qantas 747 flight before retirement. Anyone know if that's true (my trust level in the station is exceeding low)?

Very sad if it doesn't get a proper farewell when this dies down.

QF27 looks to be enroute to SCL, VH-OEE, JNB looks to be cancelled not sure on anymore HND services?

Velocity7

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:06 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:

VA about to collapse (I think inevitable now).

I feel awful saying it and I want VA to go on and their staff to be back in secure jobs and taking it up to QF but is it time to cash in the FF points on some over priced toasters? The heart says hang in there, the head says cash them in.

eta unknown

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:30 am

I converted my points yesterday.

vossitch

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:41 am

Yeah I've been wondering about my velocity points.
What did you convert them too?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

PlutekPlutek

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:58 am

artflyer wrote:
qf002 wrote:
artflyer wrote:
A curosity: on 29 March SYD-WAW by LO on B789 (22h55min). Repatriation flight for Poles and probably the first ever direct flight between Australia and Poland. The flight departures exactly at midnight, so it is actually in between Sat and Sun.

First ever SYD-Europe nonstop? I know it’s been done a number of times in the opposite direction...

Do we know what time the aircraft will arrive? I imagine on Friday maybe to give crews adequate rest.

I don't know how about SYD-Europe, but Australia-Poland for sure.

The WAW-SYD flight will be without pax, so the timing has not been disclosed.

SYD-WAW is shown on LO's webpage as a direct flight and it indeed seems so, as on this very date there will also be two repatriation flights SIN-WAW, but both on B788. They do not foresee to take anybody onboard of B789 in SIN on that day. LO will also be flying to MLN and CEB the day before.

Looks like a 789 SP-LSA. Incoming now from SIN. Sydney ETA ~01:46am. Must have dispensation for late night/early arrival in SYD?
I'd say the return flight will also stop in SIN (perhaps?) along the way to fill up. I don't think it has the legs to go non-stop, but time will tell.

eta unknown

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:37 am

vossitch wrote:
Yeah I've been wondering about my velocity points.
What did you convert them too?

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Converted to SQ with a penalty: 1.5 VA = 1 SQ

soectre99

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:44 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
SCFlyer wrote:
"Singapore Airlines has raised US10.5 billion through Singapore Inc, which raises the question - is a takeover of Virgin Australia on the horizon."

Once again - Fake News, as per the numerous other articles in the past 5 years. The bailout money given to SQ is to pay their ongoing debts due to the C-19 crisis.
Not to mention SQ's overall mediocre record on managing their overseas investments (VS, Tiger Airways, NZ/AN, Virgin Australia).

Also, I got 1 'start of year' prediction right with the so called "messiah" SQ to take over VA 'fake news' article being published this year.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/busine ... c3e5c44d3d

Although here’s a cunning theory.

When the pandemic is over a lot of profit in Australian domestic market will resume. SQ would love 100% of it.

How?

VA about to collapse (I think inevitable now)
SQ steps in as the saviour with a cash injection (that the Australian government won’t say no to cos it saves jobs in a time of high unemployment)

Even though SQ loses money, it keeps VA afloat.
In a few months QF can’t sustain continuing operations, they don’t have a rich foreign government to bail them out.

The Australian government is too busy keeping the rest of the economy from sinking and refuses to bail QF out as a foreign government has already rescued one domestic airline so why should they spend money as well when only one is needed in the country?

Pandemic subsides, flights return to normal. VA now sole airline in the market (there’s no need for two in a country of 24 mil as countries far larger have only one.) SQ reap the benefits of having a monopoly in a very profitable market.

Don’t think it can’t happen? There’s no sentiment from the government to bail out Qantas. If a foreign government bails out one carrier they’ll be grateful.

Of course the Australian government won't be making public statements/ sentiment regarding willingness to prop up Qantas or any other major public companies. This would not only create a political firestorm, but would also fill the public and private sector with a degree of complacency, which just isn't real in this situation that we find ourselves in.

But when push comes to shove, the Australian government would take control of Qantas before this happened. Or at the very least provide significant financial assistance considering that they are a previous government enterprise, an Australia icon and a company that employs close to 30k Australian workers. Also remember that a significant amount of Australian superannuation is tied up in companies similar to Qantas.

qf002

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:50 am

PlutekPlutek wrote:
Looks like a 789 SP-LSA. Incoming now from SIN. Sydney ETA ~01:46am. Must have dispensation for late night/early arrival in SYD?

Lots of relaxations recently, have heard unscheduled heavies coming in at all hours.

TN486T

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:04 am

https://www.flightradar24.com/LAN1117/24476a44

2 LAN flights into Sydney tonight.

sierrakilo44

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:14 am

soectre99 wrote:
Of course the Australian government won't be making public statements/ sentiment regarding willingness to prop up Qantas or any other major public companies. This would not only create a political firestorm, but would also fill the public and private sector with a degree of complacency, which just isn't real in this situation that we find ourselves in.

But when push comes to shove, the Australian government would take control of Qantas before this happened. Or at the very least provide significant financial assistance considering that they are a previous government enterprise, an Australia icon and a company that employs close to 30k Australian workers. Also remember that a significant amount of Australian superannuation is tied up in companies similar to Qantas.

The current Australian government is quite ideological focused on small government. Very opposed to spending anything. Brands, icon or loyalty mean nothing. It was once said Australia’s iconic car manufacturer (Holden) was so iconic the government would always ensure they would remain. It took a couple of years for them to disappear because no government could be bothered to keep them afloat. “Aussie icon” meant nothing. The government didn’t rescue an Australian company (Ansett) in 2002 and let a foreign owned carrier (Virgin Blue) take up the slack.

The fact they were previously government owned means nothing. Australian’s don’t care about anything except the cheapest ticket. As for superannuation, Qantas makes up 0.4% of the market. Minuscule in the scheme of things.

qf002

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:25 am

Too many pollies have big QFF balances to let the airline fail.

Williamsb747

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:54 am

Hearing rumours about Qantas retiring all B747-400er by the coming Sunday. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Williams-
B747>A340>A350>B777>MD11>B767>B757>MD88/90>B787>A380>A330>A220>A320>B737.
CPT JNB

waoz1

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:04 am

German authorities are flying 4 x Condor 767s over the next few days Via Phuket into Perth

To repatriate their residents

waoz1

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 am

As for the direct service ever to Australia from Poland

Im pretty sure LOT did a couple of services into Perth during the 80s to Warsaw.
Bit like JAT to Belgrade back then too.

TN486T

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:31 am

^^In 1987 (?). JAT were flying into MEL with a DC10. I have a photo somewhere in my archives (hardcopy) from a spotting trip to Tulla.

TN486T

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:43 am

https://www.timetableimages.com/ttimage ... 83w-04.jpg

A JAT schedule into MEL and SYD in 1983

PlutekPlutek

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:45 am

I think LOT last did a few charters in 2000 for the Sydney Olympic Games. There might even be some photos on airliners.net. May have had some charters in the 80s as well but I don't think it would have been a scheduled service.

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:43 pm

Williamsb747 wrote:
Hearing rumours about Qantas retiring all B747-400er by the coming Sunday. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Williams-

Apparently all 5 were sold to GE earlier on Friday

https://twitter.com/www16right/status/1 ... 13127?s=21
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:03 pm

Philippine Airlines has cancelled flights through to mid April

New PER-MNL has been pushed back to start 26 Oct 20

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-27mar20/
Forum Moderator

soectre99

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:24 pm

sierrakilo44 wrote:
soectre99 wrote:

The current Australian government is quite ideological focused on small government. Very opposed to spending anything. Brands, icon or loyalty mean nothing. It was once said Australia’s iconic car manufacturer (Holden) was so iconic the government would always ensure they would remain. It took a couple of years for them to disappear because no government could be bothered to keep them afloat. “Aussie icon” meant nothing. The government didn’t rescue an Australian company (Ansett) in 2002 and let a foreign owned carrier (Virgin Blue) take up the slack.

The fact they were previously government owned means nothing. Australian’s don’t care about anything except the cheapest ticket. As for superannuation, Qantas makes up 0.4% of the market. Minuscule in the scheme of things.

Holden received decades worth of government assistance, much of which during fair economic conditions (relatively speaking). Ansett was owned by Air New Zealand and was about half the size of Qantas, why on earth would the Australian Government support them?

Point is, this is a temporary hurdle in the grand scheme of things. So why would the government let a company who have proven success (even in the current financial year) go down in flames? The direct and indirect impact of a failure of Qantas would be catastrophic to the economy of Australia.

Qantas:
- proven financial success (last 5 years in succession of +A$500m profits)
- majority Australian ownership
- 30k Australians employed

Ansett/ VirginA:
- continual luckluster financial performance, during fair economic conditions
- Vast majority foreign ownership
- Less than half the Australian workforce of Qantas

Qantas is here to stay, simple as that...

EK413

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 pm

soectre99 wrote:
Qantas:

Ansett/ VirginA:

Everyone always seem to forget the 10s of thousands indirectly employed by QF/VA. Approximately 6,000+ of my colleagues Australia wide have been stood down as a result of the travel bans. We talk about the QF/VA employees but seem to forget the 3rd parties which have work generated by these 2 carriers & their LCC’s.

Thankfully for me I’m prepared to deal with this unexpected economic downturn but for many, unfortunately are going to struggle & potentially lose their livelihoods.

Really heartbreaking times not just for aviation but globally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

zkncj

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:25 pm

EK413 wrote:

Everyone always seem to forget the 10s of thousands indirectly employed by QF/VA. Approximately 6,000+ of my colleagues Australia wide have been stood down as a result of the travel bans. We talk about the QF/VA employees but seem to forget the 3rd parties which have work generated by these 2 carriers & their LCC’s.

Thankfully for me I’m prepared to deal with this unexpected economic downturn but for many, unfortunately are going to struggle & potentially lose their livelihoods.

Take it all of the JetConnect crew would of been stood down? Haven’t really heard much about what has happens to crew group at the moment.

Could be that they have claimed the New Zealand governments $600 for 12 weeks per employee payout to keep those crew getting some income.

EK413

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:55 pm

zkncj wrote:
EK413 wrote:

Take it all of the JetConnect crew would of been stood down? Haven’t really heard much about what has happens to crew group at the moment.

Could be that they have claimed the New Zealand governments $600 for 12 weeks per employee payout to keep those crew getting some income.

I’m not sure about the Jetconnect crew & your more than likely right on the mark. I know mainline staff are fortunate enough to have options of seeking employment with Woolworths & Coles which QF have an arrangement in place for a redeployment during the stand down.

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!

anstar

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:02 pm

Velocity7 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

VA about to collapse (I think inevitable now).

I feel awful saying it and I want VA to go on and their staff to be back in secure jobs and taking it up to QF but is it time to cash in the FF points on some over priced toasters? The heart says hang in there, the head says cash them in.

You can also get vouchers for retailers like coles, westfield, david jones etc.

bjwonline

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:39 pm

Anyone know when the LOT 789 is due to leave SYD?

moa999

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:45 pm

Twitter suggestion that QF has sold all 5 remaining 747s to GE.
https://twitter.com/www16Right/status/1 ... 13127?s=19

jman

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:30 pm

PlutekPlutek wrote:
artflyer wrote:
qf002 wrote:

First ever SYD-Europe nonstop? I know it’s been done a number of times in the opposite direction...

Do we know what time the aircraft will arrive? I imagine on Friday maybe to give crews adequate rest.

I don't know how about SYD-Europe, but Australia-Poland for sure.

The WAW-SYD flight will be without pax, so the timing has not been disclosed.

SYD-WAW is shown on LO's webpage as a direct flight and it indeed seems so, as on this very date there will also be two repatriation flights SIN-WAW, but both on B788. They do not foresee to take anybody onboard of B789 in SIN on that day. LO will also be flying to MLN and CEB the day before.

I'd say the return flight will also stop in SIN (perhaps?) along the way to fill up. I don't think it has the legs to go non-stop, but time will tell.

It took an interesting route to get here though. WAW-BKK-SIN-SYD, that sounds like one too many stops were utilised

groupguy

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:53 pm

soectre99 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:
soectre99 wrote:

Holden received decades worth of government assistance, much of which during fair economic conditions (relatively speaking). Ansett was owned by Air New Zealand and was about half the size of Qantas, why on earth would the Australian Government support them?

Point is, this is a temporary hurdle in the grand scheme of things. So why would the government let a company who have proven success (even in the current financial year) go down in flames? The direct and indirect impact of a failure of Qantas would be catastrophic to the economy of Australia.

Qantas:

Ansett/ VirginA:

as an Australian flag carrier, think it would be much more important to prop up Virgin.

What is this fascination with Qantas ?

Sparker

Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:48 am

groupguy wrote:
soectre99 wrote:
sierrakilo44 wrote:

Qantas:

Ansett/ VirginA:

as an Australian flag carrier, think it would be much more important to prop up Virgin.

What is this fascination with Qantas ?

Qantas is part of the Australian psyche. It's the third oldest airline in the world; it flies globally, so has long been a little connection to Australia for Australians abroad; it has been the airline that evacuated Aussies in times of crisis; it's marketing has been on point for decades; it's twice the size of VA... Take your pick.

That said, I think the Government would be mad to let VA go under. An aviation monopoly would be bad for Australia, including holding back the post-virus recovery with higher prices (maybe not by much, but still holding it back). The crisis gives VA an opportunity to restructure - if it can survive.

Aviator34ID

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:09 am

If VA had gone broke 3 months ago, would the Government have rushed in and bailed it out? I don't think so. If it was to occur now, same loss of competition, same loss of jobs. Difficult to make a case for the Government to spend a billion or so of tax payers money to get back into the airline business.

Chris2302

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:22 am

What’s happening with VH-OEE? When is it leaving Santiago?

VirginFlyer

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:26 am

Aviator34ID wrote:
If VA had gone broke 3 months ago, would the Government have rushed in and bailed it out? I don't think so. If it was to occur now, same loss of competition, same loss of jobs. Difficult to make a case for the Government to spend a billion or so of tax payers money to get back into the airline business.

However the politics are different now. Three months ago it would have been the government not stepping in to save a private company that got itself into trouble. Now it would be the government not stepping in to save a private company that had lost the bulk of its revenue due to events outside of its control (a virus outbreak and consequent government enforced travel shutdowns). I'm not advocating for or against a government intervention, but it is important to understand that there is a different political reality now compared to three months ago which might mean decisions made three months ago and decisions made now on more or less the same thing might be quite markedly different.

V/F
It is not for him to pride himself who loveth his own country, but rather for him who loveth the whole world. The earth is but one country, and mankind its citizens. —Bahá'u'lláh

qf002

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:42 am

Aviator34ID wrote:

If they had gone broke three months ago then another player would have stepped up to fill the void.

NTLDaz

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:49 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Given that the UAE's ban means that Emirates and Qatar have stopped flying, I suspect that this is just Qatar being opportunistic and trying to make a bit of short term cash by repatriating the thousands of Europeans still stuck in Australia (and New Zealand).
On James O'Brien's radio show yesterday there were loads of people calling in about family members stuck in Australasia and South East Asia, unable to return to the UK due to airlines cutting service at short notice.

Almost certainly flights for repatriation purposes but I'm not sure why a UAE ban would affect QR.

Emirates, and to a lessor extent Etihad, play a big role in moving people between Europe and Asia/Australia. With them shut down there is an opportunity for Qatar to opportunistically fill the void in repatriating people.

Yes of course. I understand- zk explained it was a mistake naming QR with EK.

NTLDaz

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:53 am

zkojq wrote:
NTLDaz wrote:
zkojq wrote:
Given that the UAE's ban means that Emirates and Qatar have stopped flying, I suspect that this is just Qatar being opportunistic and trying to make a bit of short term cash by repatriating the thousands of Europeans still stuck in Australia (and New Zealand).
On James O'Brien's radio show yesterday there were loads of people calling in about family members stuck in Australasia and South East Asia, unable to return to the UK due to airlines cutting service at short notice.

Almost certainly flights for repatriation purposes but I'm not sure why a UAE ban would affect QR.

Sorry, I meant Etihad in my first sentence. :banghead:

RyanairGuru explained accurately what I meant.

Cheers- I just got a bit confused. Re-reading it I can see you meant Etihad.

NTLDaz

Sat Mar 28, 2020 2:59 am

sierrakilo44 wrote:
soectre99 wrote:

Very ideological ? Yes. Very opposed to spending anything ? No. Check out what percentage of GDP this government spends compared to previous governments.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:05 am

It appears that Emirates wont be returning to regular service until 1 May 20 according to latest updates

ADL - 1 daily 77L from 21 May 20
BNE - 2 daily 77W/388 from 1 Jul 20
MEL - 2 daily 388 from 1 Jun 20
PER - 1 daily 388 from 1 May 20
SYD - 2 daily 77W/388 from 1 May 20
DXB-SYD-CHC - 1 daily 77W from 1 Jul 20
DXB-SIN-MEL - 1 daily 77W from 1 Jun 20

Forum Moderator

JBusworth

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:06 am

Chris2302 wrote:

There seems be a 24 hour delay on QF28. Qantas has it arriving back in Sydney at 17:50 on the 29th.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Aviator34ID

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:07 am

qf002 wrote:
Aviator34ID wrote:

If they had gone broke three months ago then another player would have stepped up to fill the void.

As another one would do now - when there is again sufficient demand in the country for two airlines to make a profit.

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:12 am

AirAsia X is suspending ops till 31 May 20

Includes

AVV - double daily
OOL - 4 weekly
PER - daily
SYD - daily

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... m-28mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:15 am

Singapore Airlines plans to operate between 12 and 30 Apr 20

BNE - 4 weekly 359
MEL - daily 77W
SYD - daily 77W

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-27mar20/
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:24 am

QR8882 operated by 77W A7-BAN about to touch down in PER

https://www.flightradar24.com/QTR8882/244891fc
Forum Moderator

Sparker

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:40 am

Aviator34ID wrote:

If VA had gone bankrupt 3 months ago, it would have been purely because of mismanagement and its investors deeming it a lost cause. There also would be a reasonable prospect of another airline considering starting up in Australia. Today, it'd be because of the Coronavirus, there'd be almost no chance of an investor bailout or a new airline start-up in the next year or two given most airline's balance sheets are stretched, and there would be a question for government about whether it would want competition in the domestic aviation market post-virus.

2020 is a different world to 2019, with different factors for governments to consider.

qf002

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 am

Aviator34ID wrote:
As another one would do now - when there is again sufficient demand in the country for two airlines to make a profit.

Eventually, yes. But at what cost to the broader economy in a critical period of recovery?

rtav

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:06 am

4x Condor B76W’s due into PER Arrival/Departure time for the 4 Condor B767s:
DE8592 ETA 1520 - DE8593 ETD 1720
DE8460 ETA 1620 - DE8461 ETD 1820
DE8470 ETA 1720 - DE8471 ETD 1920
DE8574 ETA 1820 - DE8575 ETD 2020

(All arriving/departing from/to Phuket)

VHTAE

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:29 am

Would anyone have a list of which aircraft are parked at Avalon and Tullamarine?

Thanks

Captdasbomb

Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:54 am

JBusworth wrote:
Chris2302 wrote:

There seems be a 24 hour delay on QF28. Qantas has it arriving back in Sydney at 17:50 on the 29th.

Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Would make sense if its last service with possible crew on minimum rest to fly return service

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:03 am

Nearly another $300 million in assistance to airlines has been announced today.

$198 million to assist smaller regional airlines struggling through the current crisis with another $100 million to come later if required

https://www.news.com.au/national/breaki ... f2753812a8
Forum Moderator

qf789
Topic Author

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:15 am

Latest changes from Qatar

ADL - 1 daily cancelled 21 Mar - 31 May, 5 weekly A350-1000 1-30 Jun 20

BNE - 1 daily 77W, 29 Mar - 30 Apr 20

QR912 DOH2000 – 1720+1BNE 77W D
QR913 BNE2120 – 0520+1DOH 77W D

MEL - increases to 2 daily 27 Mar - 30 Apr 20, 77W operated QR994/995, QR904/905 A350-1000 replaces A388 1 Apr - 31 May 20

QR994 DOH0905 – 0600+1MEL 77W D
QR904 DOH2035 – 1730+1MEL 351 D

QR995 MEL1500 – 2250DOH 77W D
QR905 MEL2135 – 0525+1DOH 351 D

PER - A388 extended on QR900/901 to 16 Apr 20, from 29 Mar - 30 Apr 20 increases from 7 to 13 weekly, QR990/991 operated by 77W. Reduces to 4 weekly for May, A359 operating, June 77W operating

QR900 DOH0150 – 1820PER 388
QR990 DOH2040 – 1310+1PER 77W D

QR991 PER1545 – 2235DOH 77W D
QR901 PER2245 – 0535+1DOH 388

SYD - A388 extended on QR908/909 till 31 Mar 20. Increases to 3 daily 29 Mar - 30 Apr 20, QR988/989 operated by 77W. For May reduced to 1 daily, QR908/909 operated by A350-1000

QR906 DOH0915 – 0730+1SYD 77W D
QR988 DOH1900 – 1725+1SYD 77W D
QR908 DOH2030 – 1855+1SYD 351 D

QR907 SYD1650 – 2345DOH 77W D
QR989 SYD2145 – 0505+1DOH 77W D
QR909 SYD2215 – 0530+1DOH 351 D

Forum Moderator

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos