Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Rolls
Topic Author

Thai Airways President resigns

Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:13 pm

The president of Thai airways has tendered his resignation after the board would not agree to his terms to restructure and deal with the corona fallout.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/1877414/thai-president-tenders-his-resignation

I wonder what this now means for their future

Rolls
Last edited by qf789 on Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Updated title for clarity

oldannyboy

Re: Thai Airways President resigns

Thu Mar 12, 2020 6:06 pm

Oh well, it probably means the political elite will nominate a new president who will agree to a board of politicians. Simple.
Those with a commercially-minded attitude are welcome to leave at TG.

smi0006

Thu Mar 12, 2020 10:31 pm

oldannyboy wrote:
Oh well, it probably means the political elite will nominate a new president who will agree to a board of politicians. Simple.

Such a shame as TG has such potential if structured correctly, with some simplification and rationalisation.

oceanvikram

Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:22 pm

oldannyboy wrote:

Sometimes I wonder the harshness of my fellow aviation enthusiast for their zeal for airlines to be profitable. You have to remember that it is a transportation service at its bare minimum.

Thai Airways is not in the list of basket case airlines such Air India, SAA, Alitalia and many others where politics, corruption and entitlement is rife. Thai does have those issues but no where near to the extent of the basket case airlines. TG's mission statement is more complicated than western airlines.

[list=]Provide a safe service.
Provide "affordable" air transportation for the local masses (Thailand is not as rich as most of the western countries)
Be an enabler for tourism.[/list]

They tick all those boxes to me.

Since I am an aviation enthusiast, them having all types of wide body aircraft in their fleet is awesome.

Honestly it can't get any better, professional and attractive female cabin crew, service better than most western airlines. Since I pay out of my own pocket and fly economy, I couldn't care whether J class passengers get aisle access or not.
My comments are based as an aviation enthusiast first, then as a passenger who paid for his own ticket, after that a passenger on a business trip and finally an armchair CEO.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos