Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BAINY3

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:19 pm

Not sure if a full list of DL domestic cancellations will be posted (it would be absurdly long), but just looking at one route on one day for an example:

PHX-MSP on Wednesday 4/8 shows 2 out of the 5 flights as fully "sold out" in all fare classes. This seems highly unlikely since the other flights are going for as low as $47 in Basic, so I assume they have just been zeroed out. And April is usually a busy time of year for that route. So far no adjustments on the AA side have been loaded for that date that I can tell.

Mikeer50

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:24 pm

B757rocket wrote:
Has anyone heard what jetBlue is planning on doing? There have not been any announcements from what I can find.

I have been pulling up routings on their website starting Monday the 16th onwards from both Boston and NYC. Judging by the seat maps ( I know not the greatest indicator) the flights are nearly empty. One flight from JFK to LAX had all seats available in both cabins with 12 either blocked or taken.
It’s very unnerving and worrisome for those of us in the industry.

Best regards and health to everyone.

Jetblue will probably have more information about capacity cuts in the next few days. This really seems like a time to be hunkering down and conserving cash, not flying empty planes who knows where.

aemoreira1981

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:28 pm

rrbarna wrote:
I don't see this discussed anywhere, but what happens to outgoing mail from mainland Europe to the USA? All of it gets carried on civilian airliners which as of today no longer fly to the USA.

I would suspect that they may get carried on freighters, or the passenger frames only carry belly cargo (and with no passenger payload, can carry heavier belly cargo). This would be excellent for the A333, A339, B77W and the B78X.

xwb777

Akbar AlBaker: Corona Virus is ‘unreal’

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:28 pm

Akbar Al Baker, Qatar Airways CEO has expressed his thoughts and said that Corona Virus is unreal and doubting its existence after affecting 126 country globally and with confirmed cases totaling 133,000+.

Quoting what Akbar haS said in an interview with Bloomberg:
“ It is just, you know, a fear factor”.

Qatar has 262 confirmed Coronavirus cases.

We haven’t heard about any actions taken by Qatar Airways against the Virus. Any grounded plans or suspended routes/destinations apart from China?

More can be found at: https://www.arabnews.com/node/1641011/business-economy

aemoreira1981

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:35 pm

Another thing to note: French Bee and Air Tahiti Nui to and from French Polynesia are rerouting their flights via PTP. Air Tahiti Nui is also planning a one-time nonstop to France from Tahiti. (The return flight to Papeete today is via YVR, and switches to PTP tomorrow.) While ORY and PTP are in the EU, PPT is not, although it is a French territory.) I would be surprised if this doesn't become permanent---ORY-PTP-PPT-PTP-ORY, maintaining these flights as the longest domestic sectors in the world.)

For Air Tahiti Nui, PPT-LAX terminates in Los Angeles.

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... e-changes/
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... s-nonstop/

How do immigration and customs work upon arrival in PPT from PTP, or vice versa, given that the planes technically never leave France?

Mikeer50 wrote:
B757rocket wrote:
Has anyone heard what jetBlue is planning on doing? There have not been any announcements from what I can find.

I have been pulling up routings on their website starting Monday the 16th onwards from both Boston and NYC. Judging by the seat maps ( I know not the greatest indicator) the flights are nearly empty. One flight from JFK to LAX had all seats available in both cabins with 12 either blocked or taken.

Jetblue will probably have more information about capacity cuts in the next few days. This really seems like a time to be hunkering down and conserving cash, not flying empty planes who knows where.

Also, B6 owns nearly its entire A320 fleet and all of its A321/A21N fleet. Given high utilization, I would not be surprised if some of the older planes that haven't yet been reconfigured get parked permanently. However, as a regional airline, they have far less exposure than other carriers. Their A21Ns, instead of being for expansion, may be for replacement instead. I would also not be surprised if the ex-MT A321s they were planning to lease in become NTUs instead.

LTU330

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:48 pm

There are currently three Lufthansa flights on the way to Punta Cana. An A340 and a B744 from Frankfurt, and an A350 from Munich. The flight numbers are in the ferry flight range 9xxx, so are these Coronavirus related flights, maybe bringing German Citizens home ? Thanks for any info.

1989worstyear

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:56 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Another thing to note: French Bee and Air Tahiti Nui to and from French Polynesia are rerouting their flights via PTP. Air Tahiti Nui is also planning a one-time nonstop to France from Tahiti. (The return flight to Papeete today is via YVR, and switches to PTP tomorrow.) While ORY and PTP are in the EU, PPT is not, although it is a French territory.) I would be surprised if this doesn't become permanent---ORY-PTP-PPT-PTP-ORY, maintaining these flights as the longest domestic sectors in the world.)

How do immigration and customs work upon arrival in PPT from PTP, or vice versa, given that the planes technically never leave France?

Mikeer50 wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

Also, B6 owns nearly its entire A320 fleet and all of its A321/A21N fleet. Given high utilization, I would not be surprised if some of the older planes that haven't yet been reconfigured get parked permanently. However, as a regional airline, they have far less exposure than other carriers. Their A21Ns, instead of being for expansion, may be for replacement instead. I would also not be surprised if the ex-MT A321s they were planning to lease in become NTUs instead.

Doubtful. All A320's, even if 30 years old, are still worth keeping.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

fidelidade

Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:58 pm

Posted on TAP's website. Seems like they are being very proactive with cancelations:

Porto-Funchal 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Porto Santo 20 Mar - 30 Apr

Porto-Madrid 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Porto-Amsterdam 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Porto-Brussels 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Porto-Munich 20 Mar - 30 Apr ** NEW **
Roma/MilanMalpensa/Venice/Bologna Now - Until Apr 30
Florence Now - Until Jun 04
Naples Now - Until Jun 04
Nantes 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Alicante 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Tenerife 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Budapest 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Oslo 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Helsinki 20 Mar - 30 Apr
Copenhagen * Pending
Warsaw * Pending
Prague * Pending

SA Porto-São Paulo Now - Until Jun 16

Tel Aviv Now - Until Apr 30 ** NEW DATES **
Conakry 29 Mar - 15 Jun ** NEW DATES **
Tangier 29 Mar - 15 Jun
Abidjan 29 Mar - 15 Jun
Accra (only non-stop) 08 Apr - 15 Jun ** NEW DATES **
Casablanca 20 Mar - 30 Apr ** NEW **
Marrakech 20 Mar - 30 Apr ** NEW **

Washington 18 Mar - 30 Apr
Chicago 18 Mar - 30 Apr
San Francisco 18 Mar - 30 Apr
Porto-New York (Newark) 18 Mar - 30 Apr
New York (John F. Kennedy) 18 Mar - 30 Apr

Pelly

Re: Akbar AlBaker: Corona Virus is ‘unreal’

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:00 pm

The video was from 5 February, when there were 0 cases in Qatar and the issue was largely contained in China with few cases abroad. It is important to see the video in that context. UAE/KSA media is re-publishing the video now and framing it as a new video, he doesn't actually say its 'unreal'

The video as originally published is below.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/videos/2 ... avel-video

aemoreira1981

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:03 pm

1989worstyear wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

Mikeer50 wrote:

JetBlue has A320s that are over 80,000 hours...probably the highest utilized A320s in the world. At their rate, they will time out before age 30.

KingB123

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:04 pm

madpropsyo wrote:
KingB123 wrote:
alberchico wrote:
I know that the EU is opposed to state aid to private companies, but if this crisis continues i think airlines would be in their right to demand some kind of financial relief. Does anyone think a massive rescue package might be approved for business sectors hardest hit by this ?

This is a dangerous precedent. If we couldn’t save flybe (UK regional airline) why should we fund the private for profit only companies who screw their consumers backwards. They’ve got their money reserves. They should use those to navigate the storm.

And what happens when they all go out of business?

Well what happens when airlines go out of business, others will step in. Cant be having unfair slices of the cake.
King B

1989worstyear

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:06 pm

[threeid][/threeid]
aemoreira1981 wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

JetBlue has A320s that are over 80,000 hours...probably the highest utilized A320s in the world. At their rate, they will time out before age 30.

I expect some ESG's in the future to get them to 40. A 1988 A320-200 is still state-of-the art when it comes to efficiency on shorter flights, remember.
Stuck at age 15 thanks to the certification date of the A320-200 and my parents' decision to postpone having a kid by 3 years. At least there's Dignitas...

lhrnue

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:07 pm

32andBelow wrote:
VS11 wrote:
Not to downplay the severity of what’s happening but with aggressive measures by summer things could be gradually returning to normal. It is 2-3 months of severe revenue contraction but most airlines should be able to get through. I am sure there will be emergency lines of credit extended if needed.

Smart airlines with cash could knock out all their overhauls deferred maint and paint right now.

That if maintenance provider are able work.

FlyingElvii

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:09 pm

B757rocket wrote:

Like everyone else, expect massive cuts and layoffs. IMO, likely the end of the 190’s, but they will replace AB flying with the cheaper to operate Emb’s in the meantime.

happytraveller

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Norway is closing airports to international travellers (and also seaports) from Monday.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2110Z8

This will hit Norwegian and SAS hard.

FlyingElvii

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:12 pm

LTU330 wrote:
There are currently three Lufthansa flights on the way to Punta Cana. An A340 and a B744 from Frankfurt, and an A350 from Munich. The flight numbers are in the ferry flight range 9xxx, so are these Coronavirus related flights, maybe bringing German Citizens home ? Thanks for any info.

That sounds like rescue flights.

spinkid

Re: Air Tahiti Nui plans one-time non-stop Papeete - Paris

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:19 pm

They are looking to avoid a stop in the U.S. since the U.S. is not accepting most Europeans. PPT is considered part of France. They will stop in YVR on the 14th before switching over to.

The airline’s TN008/007 Papeete – Los Angeles – Paris CDG on 18MAR20/19MAR20 will be replaced by Papeete – Pointe-a-Pitre – Paris CDG routing.

PPT-PTP is a non stop route that could exist only in an A-netters brain until Covid-19 became part of our world.

CobaltScar

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:21 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

Like everyone else, expect massive cuts and layoffs. IMO, likely the end of the 190’s, but they will replace AB flying with the cheaper to operate Emb’s in the meantime.

jetBlue has a no-furlough policy

Midwestindy

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:22 pm

BAINY3 wrote:
Not sure if a full list of DL domestic cancellations will be posted (it would be absurdly long), but just looking at one route on one day for an example:

PHX-MSP on Wednesday 4/8 shows 2 out of the 5 flights as fully "sold out" in all fare classes. This seems highly unlikely since the other flights are going for as low as $47 in Basic, so I assume they have just been zeroed out. And April is usually a busy time of year for that route. So far no adjustments on the AA side have been loaded for that date that I can tell.

Starting to see the DL cuts show up.....all of these show "sold out" for the first couple weeks of April

RDU-BDL/IND/CMH/BNA/JAX/AUS/PIT/CLE
CLE-BDL/RDU
CVG-LAX/MCI/YYZ/BDL/PHX/RSW/IAH
BOS-ORF
JFK-PBI/PDX
SEA-TUS dropped early
ATL-PSP/PWM/AVP
MSP-FLL/SMF/TUS/PSP/MSO/ALB/TYS
DTW-PDX/OKC/SJC/SAV
BOS-LGA/ATL -3 flights/day, BOS-LAX 1 total flight/day
LAX-JFK -2 flights/day
ATL-DCA/MSP/JFK -3 flights/day, ATL-DTW -4 flights/day, ATL-MCO -6 flights/day
LGA-ORD -4 flights/day

Dozens moved from daily to 2/3/4x weekly, & obviously an insane amount of routes are losing frequency
B757rocket wrote:

B6 was one of the first to announce capacity cuts, I believe they are trimming 5%
Last edited by Midwestindy on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

MontyP

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:25 pm

Does anyone know where there is a list of BA changes/cancellations? Their website is very coy, it seems you can only find out about changes by checking your individual bookings. They don’t seem to have issued any press releases.

smartplane

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:28 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Also, B6 owns nearly its entire A320 fleet and all of its A321/A21N fleet.

Virtually no airline owns it's fleet without using it as security / collateral for new and existing funding, even if the original funding to acquire the specific aircraft was repaid long ago. There will be specific and / or floating charges over every aircraft in the B6 fleet.

Lenders have spent the last month reviewing drawn and standby lines of credit, including the assets described and cover (going concern and impaired).

These are not normal times. Most airlines have formed 'credit committees' with financiers, lessors and significant others, now conferencing on a daily basis.
Last edited by smartplane on Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BA777FO

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:30 pm

MontyP wrote:
Does anyone know where there is a list of BA changes/cancellations? Their website is very coy, it seems you can only find out about changes by checking your individual bookings. They don’t seem to have issued any press releases.

Aside from the forced cancellations to Italy, China, Kuwait and soon Saudi, Cyprus and some others they're still working on it. Expect an announcement probably tomorrow or Monday. They're working out what kind of US service they can fly during the ban. May schedules likely to be finalised around March 20th.

lightsaber

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:43 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:

Starting to see the DL cuts show up.....all of these show "sold out" for the first couple weeks of April

CLE-BDL/RDU
BOS-ORF
JFK-PBI/PDX
SEA-TUS dropped early
ATL-PSP/PWM/AVP
DTW-PDX/OKC/SJC/SAV
LAX-JFK -2 flights/day
LGA-ORD -4 flights/day

Dozens moved from daily to 2/3/4x weekly, & obviously an insane amount of routes are losing frequency
B757rocket wrote:

B6 was one of the first to announce capacity cuts, I believe they are trimming 5%

Is there a list of announced cuts. On Twitter I was looking at photos of an empty daytime LAX and thinking airlines cannot pay the variable costs.

I already personally know people laid off from support companies.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

Clackers

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:43 pm

SOUTH EAST ASIAN airlines in real trouble? MH, TG, and maybe PH.

I think SQ, VN and Garuda will survive this. In fact, Indonesian aviation seems relatively unhit from COVID19

Midwestindy

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:45 pm

lightsaber wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:

CLE-BDL/RDU
BOS-ORF
JFK-PBI/PDX
SEA-TUS dropped early
ATL-PSP/PWM/AVP
DTW-PDX/OKC/SJC/SAV
LAX-JFK -2 flights/day
LGA-ORD -4 flights/day

B757rocket wrote:

Is there a list of announced cuts. On Twitter I was looking at photos of an empty daytime LAX and thinking airlines cannot pay the variable costs.

I already personally know people laid off from support companies.

Lightsaber

Not yet, some of them were going "sold out" as I was typing

knope2001

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:52 pm

Midwestindy wrote:

Thanks for digging for (and sharing) this stuff. So torn between wanting to know asap what the cuts are versus the danger they may still be loading and efforts giving an incomplete list. Oh, and the nagging feeling I should not just be sitting at my computer in front of the television. :-)

kjeld0d

Sat Mar 14, 2020 7:54 pm

Should be easy with a handful of passengers...

Aesma

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:02 pm

PPT is part of France. Incidentally a National Assembly member who came back home from Paris arrived in PPT with the virus...
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Alexdk

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:05 pm

Due to to the travel bans in Baltic countries Air Baltic suspends All of its flights
https://www.airbaltic.com/en/travel-updates

ncflyer

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:07 pm

VS11 wrote:
Not to downplay the severity of what’s happening but with aggressive measures by summer things could be gradually returning to normal. It is 2-3 months of severe revenue contraction but most airlines should be able to get through. I am sure there will be emergency lines of credit extended if needed.

But many people make their summer plans now— at least plans for bigger trips such as overseas. I expect it’ll be more like the fall for a notable recovery. Not sure it’ll even be a full one because many people are going to lose their jobs and even if temporary a couple months worth of salary that they will never make up. Hope you’re right and I’m wrong though.

FlyingElvii

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:07 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:

CLE-BDL/RDU
BOS-ORF
JFK-PBI/PDX
SEA-TUS dropped early
ATL-PSP/PWM/AVP
DTW-PDX/OKC/SJC/SAV
LAX-JFK -2 flights/day
LGA-ORD -4 flights/day

B757rocket wrote:

Mind looking at HHH and Jax?

mercure1

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:11 pm

La Compagnie suspends all operations through April 12th. In addition, the seasonal NYC-Nice route delayed till June 1st.

https://newsroom.aviator.aero/la-compag ... ne-1-2020/
mercure f-wtcc

bluefltspecial

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:11 pm

spinkid wrote:
They are looking to avoid a stop in the U.S. since the U.S. is not accepting most Europeans. PPT is considered part of France. They will stop in YVR on the 14th before switching over to.

The airline’s TN008/007 Papeete – Los Angeles – Paris CDG on 18MAR20/19MAR20 will be replaced by Papeete – Pointe-a-Pitre – Paris CDG routing.

PPT-PTP is a non stop route that could exist only in an A-netters brain until Covid-19 became part of our world.

YUP.

I don't any of us could have imagined this in our wildest dreams.
Save a horse, ride a Fly-boy....

PatrickZ80

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:13 pm

spinkid wrote:

The route is not that unlikely, both places are part of France.

Indeed they were looking to avoid the stop in the US. The new routing is a bit longer, but it has the benefit that passengers between Tahiti and France can stay on board in Guadeloupe. They don't have to clear immigration there. That saves time and takes away stress from the passengers.

FlyingElvii

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:13 pm

Interesting discussion just now.
Even if they cut, Continuity could be a real problem very soon. There is certain infrastructure deemed as “Critical Staff” by the Regulatory Agencies, Chief Pilot, Inflight, Safety, Exec positions, Dispatch, DM’s, etc. yes, they can have fallbacks designated, but at some point, the certified staff with regulatory approval runs out.
Then it is complete shutdown time....

We have yet to talk about that.

DL717

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:22 pm

madpropsyo wrote:
KingB123 wrote:
alberchico wrote:
I know that the EU is opposed to state aid to private companies, but if this crisis continues i think airlines would be in their right to demand some kind of financial relief. Does anyone think a massive rescue package might be approved for business sectors hardest hit by this ?

This is a dangerous precedent. If we couldn’t save flybe (UK regional airline) why should we fund the private for profit only companies who screw their consumers backwards. They’ve got their money reserves. They should use those to navigate the storm.

The US carriers are poised to weather the storm than they have ever been. It’s going to be painful for sure, but they can handle it. Smaller carriers, particularly in other parts of the world are pretty damn vulnerable right now. In the US think Frontier, Allegiant, Spirit, Sun Country may have problems. I think Alaska, for all they’ve done in the last year, if probably the most vulnerable of the larger carriers. A lot of E175 flying that could be shed pretty quickly. If they do, it will hit SkyWest pretty hard. We could see smaller regionals disappear or get gobbled up. Could see the end of the CRJ family with this, save for a handful of newer ones. I can see DL parking large chunks of their MD/717 fleet, possibly all of the MD-80s permanently.
Last edited by DL717 on Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to Nothingburgers. May I take your order?

alasizon

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:24 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Even if they cut, Continuity could be a real problem very soon. There is certain infrastructure deemed as “Critical Staff” by the Regulatory Agencies, Chief Pilot, Inflight, Safety, Exec positions, Dispatch, DM’s, etc. yes, they can have fallbacks designated, but at some point, the certified staff with regulatory approval runs out.

Even if your regulatory required staff are sick, they are still considered active staff. Obviously dispatchers and the like, the work gets redistributed to those on duty.

Not sure how you get complete shutdown from that.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

aemoreira1981

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:24 pm

spinkid wrote:

I could also see this becoming permanent...remember, this is all domestic.

mxaxai

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:25 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:

The "critical staff" won't be the ones that get sent home. If there is reduced need but they still need to show up to work every once in a while to comply with training regulations, expect them to work intermittently so that all essential personnel keeps regulatory approval. Rather than have one pilot do all the flying, distribute the flights among a number of pilots so that each of them keeps their type certificate.

Bradlee102896

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:25 pm

So how many times will Delta let you change your flights without paying a change fee if your flights keep getting affected by COVID-19? I changed them once today because apparently my return flight on April 11th has been canceled so I changed it to a different time that day.

LNCS0930

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:31 pm

DL717 wrote:
madpropsyo wrote:
KingB123 wrote:

The US carriers are poised to weather the storm than they have ever been. It’s going to be painful for sure, but they can handle it. Smaller carriers, particularly in other parts of the world are pretty damn vulnerable right now. In the US think Frontier, Allegiant, Spirit, Sun Country may have problems. I think Alaska, for all they’ve done in the last year, if probably the most vulnerable of the larger carriers. A lot of E175 flying that could be shed pretty quickly. If they do, it will hit SkyWest pretty hard. We could see smaller regionals disappear or get gobbled up. Could see the end of the CRJ family with this, save for a handful of newer ones. I can see DL parking large chunks of their MD/717 fleet, possibly all of the MD-80s permanently.

I almost feel a 3-4 week total shutdown without pay is best. I’m assuming all union employees which at any other airline but DL is basically everyone would would still get payed but to me the airlines would bleed way less money not operating at all right
Now

Midwestindy

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:32 pm

FlyingElvii wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:

CLE-BDL/RDU
BOS-ORF
JFK-PBI/PDX
SEA-TUS dropped early
ATL-PSP/PWM/AVP
DTW-PDX/OKC/SJC/SAV
LAX-JFK -2 flights/day
LGA-ORD -4 flights/day

B757rocket wrote:

Didn't see anything from HHH,

JAX Per day (subject to change):
JAX-ATL -2
JAX-DTW -1
JAX-BOS -1 only on Tue/Wed
JAX-JFK -1
JAX-RDU dropped through Mid-April

knope2001 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

Thanks for digging for (and sharing) this stuff. So torn between wanting to know asap what the cuts are versus the danger they may still be loading and efforts giving an incomplete list. Oh, and the nagging feeling I should not just be sitting at my computer in front of the television. :-)

I am worried that a lot of DL's changes aren't going to show up in the OAG, so I am trying to keep track of some of the larger ones.

I think the OAG might miss the cuts, because since last week, all of DL's domestic reductions have been from them "zeroing out" the inventory on a certain route but not necessarily taking the route off of DL.com.(I am assuming they are doing that, so when demand recovers they don't have to reload a ton of routes)

Blerg

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:35 pm

How is Icelandair doing these days? What have they cut or suspended altogether?

anstar

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:37 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
B757rocket wrote:

That is a no furlough policy? Does this mean they just fire them?

Bradlee102896

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Midwestindy wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

CLE-BDL/RDU
BOS-ORF
JFK-PBI/PDX
SEA-TUS dropped early
ATL-PSP/PWM/AVP
DTW-PDX/OKC/SJC/SAV
LAX-JFK -2 flights/day
LGA-ORD -4 flights/day

Didn't see anything from HHH,

JAX Per day (subject to change):
JAX-ATL -2
JAX-DTW -1
JAX-BOS -1 only on Tue/Wed
JAX-JFK -1
JAX-RDU dropped through Mid-April

knope2001 wrote:
Midwestindy wrote:

I am worried that a lot of DL's changes aren't going to show up in the OAG, so I am trying to keep track of some of the larger ones.

I think the OAG might miss the cuts, because since last week, all of DL's domestic reductions have been from them "zeroing out" the inventory on a certain route but not necessarily taking the route off of DL.com.(I am assuming they are doing that, so when demand recovers they don't have to reload a ton of routes)

What about ATL-ECP the first couple weeks of April? I would check myself but not really sure what to look for in the system.

anstar

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Clackers wrote:
SOUTH EAST ASIAN airlines in real trouble? MH, TG, and maybe PH.

I think SQ, VN and Garuda will survive this. In fact, Indonesian aviation seems relatively unhit from COVID19

I think alot of asian lcc's could be added to thatl ist like bamboo, tiger taiwan, starlux, tiger australia etc etc

CobaltScar

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:44 pm

anstar wrote:
CobaltScar wrote:
FlyingElvii wrote:

That is a no furlough policy? Does this mean they just fire them?

I don't know the details, just know its been long boasted about. B6 does not furlough and has a no furlough policy. And no I don't think that means they jump straight to firing.

caliboy93

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:51 pm

Which airlines are most likely to go out of business due to the COVID pandemic?

Kilopond

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:53 pm

mercure1 wrote:
La Compagnie suspends all operations through April 12th. In addition, the seasonal NYC-Nice route delayed till June 1st.[...]

Alexdk wrote:
Due to to the travel bans in Baltic countries Air Baltic suspends All of its flights[...]

In this context, rumours about an allegedly upcoming pan-european airline grounding seem to get a little bit more plausible.

madpropsyo

Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:56 pm

caliboy93 wrote:
Which airlines are most likely to go out of business due to the COVID pandemic?

There's really no point in speculating until the government starts talking about relief packages, until then realistically all airlines are at risk. This crisis and the shockingly poor way it is being handled runs the risk of bankrupting the entire industry from airlines to manufacturers and everyone in between.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos