Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Someone83

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:42 pm

SAS is temporarily laying off 90% of its staff, and traffic should be reduced the same amount

FlyingHonu001

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sun Mar 15, 2020 4:59 pm

FlyingHonu001 wrote:
DL last remaining routes to AMS per Monday, everything else cancelled
DL72/74 ATL
DL132/134 DTW

Correction update DL for AMS per Monday

It's just gonna be DL72/DL73 (ATL) and DL134/135 (DTW) everything else is off the table

Clackers

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:05 pm

Any likelihood that Emirates and Etihad and Qatar will start to feel the pinch?

Surely they must be flying empty A380s by now?

heffron91

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:13 pm

AngMoh wrote:
heffron91 wrote:
AngMoh wrote:
Singapore just added 14-days isolation requirements to people coming back from UK, Switzerland, Japan and all of ASEAN.

One top of existing restrictions, there are only a few flights left. I expect USA next to be on the list as we see way too many imported case from US (small in absolute number but getting big in numbers relative to the number of pax flying in).

Does this apply to transit pax from let's say Indonesia to Europe via Changi? And do you know per when this measure becomes active?

It does not apply to transit, only entry into Singapore. Active from Monday 16 Mar 23:59.

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/ ... d-19-cases

Thanks!

SQ22

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:22 pm

mxaxai wrote:
Lufthansa is scheduling up to 15 'rescue' flights to the carribean, the canary islands, Morocco and possibly other tourist hotspots. This is to repatriate tourists who got stuck there due to the recent flight cancellations. Up to 4000 tourists are expected by Wednesday, mostly Germans but also other nationalities.

To avoid deletion, please remember always to provide a link to a source.

In German:

Lufthansa will mit Sonderflügen Urlauber zurück nach Deutschland holen

Target audience according to the article are holiday makers and people returning from a cruise who are stranded due to the current situation. Aircraft to be used for the 15 flights are A340 and B747. Flights to be operated until Wednesday. Outbound flights will be empty flights, destinations Tneriffe, Barbados and Punta Cana. Flights are going to Berlin, Frankfurt, Hamburg and Munich. In addition two flights to Dominican Republic and Barbados are operated as scheduled. Which carrier is operating these two flights is not mentioned, but these routes operated by EW long-haul ops under normal conditions.

B777LRF

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:27 pm

SAS (almost and temporarily) closing shop

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/business/2020-03 ... idigt-hjem

* Temporarily sending home 10.000 employees
* Goes from 4.200 to 4.000 employees in Denmark
* Cancels all but one domestic service (CPH-AAL) out of Copenhagen

Article does not offer information on Sweden and Norway. But it's bound to be broadly similar.

Staff in Denmark will still be paid as the government will pay 75% (up to a maximum of around USD 3.500 per month) of salaries. An agreement was made yesterday between industry, employees and the Government, whereby the Danish government is paying up 75% of the salaries for employees in companies with more than 50 staff, and where the alternative would otherwise be mass lay-offs.
Last edited by B777LRF on Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signature. You just read one.

panamair

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:31 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:
So Saint Martin starts a USA/EU/UK travel ban starting Tuesday. My parents are there now and AA canceled their return flight. But AA rebooked them on Delta to JFK. I'm trying to figure out how Delta will be able to fly in for that return trip.

If I were them I’d leave before Tuesday

I suggested that too. But, they worked hard in life to be able to enjoy retirement. And they're enjoying retirement. I mean, nothing they have to rush back to, so I guess they think if they get stranded, no harm done.

Delta is suspending SXM flights to ATL and JFK after Monday March 16 through the end of the month to comply with these restrictions.

https://news.delta.com/delta-suspends-s ... strictions

kanye

Re: SAS (almost and temporarily) closing shop

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:33 pm

Smart way to hand over all the costs of staff to the government. SAS will save extremely much money and survive several more months in current environment.
OK for employees who will get some vacation while still having an income, even tough it will be significantly lower for Captains.

chepos

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:34 pm

More and more countries keep on closing entry borders, before we know it airlines will only fly domestic services.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!

ro1960

Re: Air Tahiti Nui plans one-time non-stop Papeete - Paris

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:36 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:

I could also see this becoming permanent...remember, this is all domestic.

French Polynesia and Guadeloupe are not part of the Schengen zone so you do have border control. Even if it can be considered a domestic route.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports

smokeybandit

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:37 pm

panamair wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
If I were them I’d leave before Tuesday

I suggested that too. But, they worked hard in life to be able to enjoy retirement. And they're enjoying retirement. I mean, nothing they have to rush back to, so I guess they think if they get stranded, no harm done.

Delta is suspending SXM flights to ATL and JFK after Monday March 16 through the end of the month to comply with these restrictions.

Is it possible there will be relief flights? Just seems odd to me that American would rebook passengers on Delta for a flight that was also about to be canceled.

panamair

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:42 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
panamair wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

Is it possible there will be relief flights? Just seems odd to me that American would rebook passengers on Delta for a flight that was also about to be canceled.

Well, AA has no way of knowing that DL was going to cancel when they rebooked them. This only came out about 1.5 hours ago and I'm sure the DL flights have not been zeroed out yet in various GDS.

smokeybandit

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:44 pm

AA should have known since the same travel ban that made them cancel flights would have affected Delta.

However, apparently my parents were told in simple terms that there are going to be relief flights, so it could be all part of that.

chepos

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:44 pm

Have EI, VS and BA announce what they are operating to the US once the ban becomes effective? I know BA left a few US cities with inventory but nothing official.

Fly the Flag!!!!

ual763

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:45 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
panamair wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

Simple. Passing off the responsibility to someone else, in this case - Delta. At the time it obviously wasn’t canceled, hence why AA booked her on it. Now, it is Delta’s responsibility to get them home, not American’s.
From flying to the NOTAM office

N212R

Re: UK aviation needs £7.5 billion lifeline

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Armodeen wrote:
It’s not business, it’s a once in a generation global catastrophe. Businesses can not mitigate for this. They will need propping up with public money to avoid untold damage to the very fabric of society for the next decade!

Do you want 50% unemployment? Mass defaulting on mortgages etc? The threat to society is not from the virus, but the devastating economic effects of the battle against it.

Get real, the governments have to do whatever it takes to protect industry.

That must be the stopgap, keep those $$$ printing presses working overtime? Cynicism aside, that is not the answer and we've already postponed the ultimate reckoning beyond recognition. The Hard Times are moving closer and Uncle Sam's house is already full of visitors overstaying their welcome.

panamair

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:46 pm

Delta has once again revised its TATL schedule to reflect the UK/Ireland restrictions as well - will now be dropping DTW-LHR and JFK-DUB.

By middle of this coming week, the only DL flights to Europe will be:
ATL-AMS - 1x daily
ATL-CDG - 1x daily
ATL-LHR - 1x daily
DTW-AMS - 1x daily
JFK-LHR - 1x daily

So far, no changes to the Africa (DSS, ACC, LOS, JNB) flights from JFK and ATL.

https://news.delta.com/delta-suspends-d ... c-schedule

chepos

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:52 pm

panamair wrote:
Delta has once again revised its TATL schedule to reflect the UK/Ireland restrictions as well - will now be dropping DTW-LHR and JFK-DUB.

ATL-AMS - 1x daily
ATL-CDG - 1x daily
ATL-LHR - 1x daily
DTW-AMS - 1x daily
JFK-LHR - 1x daily

Isn’t Ghana closing it’s borders to countries with over 200 cases?

Fly the Flag!!!!

B777LRF

Re: SAS (almost and temporarily) closing shop

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:54 pm

kanye wrote:
Smart way to hand over all the costs of staff to the government. SAS will save extremely much money and survive several more months in current environment.
OK for employees who will get some vacation while still having an income, even tough it will be significantly lower for Captains.

It's not just SAS in Denmark, it's every privately owned company. It's basically meant to save the transportation, tourism, hospitality and event industries.

Income will remain the same, as the companies will have to pay the balance up to the employees basic/normal monthly salary. Will therefore mainly affect part-timers in ground jobs, who are used to making more hours than their monthly guarantee.
Signature. You just read one.

Aircellist

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:56 pm

I wonder… When was that amount of daily or weekly flights US-EU more or less the norm? In the '50s?
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes

Ishrion

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:57 pm

Qatar Airways is suspending all flights except for cargo/transit starting Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status ... 1019120643

smartplane

Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:59 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
Nickd92 wrote:

Then what happens when they receive all them assets that they cannot shift unlike in Normal circumstances? It's in the best interests of the banks to keep theses businesses going. Otherwise they'll be no one with any Capital out there to start up once we are back to Normal.

No, what will happen is that banks will then quickly move to secure the collateral and liquidate the assets ASAP, even if they take a bit of a loss in an attempt to recover their money, especially if they start feeling pressure as depositors start withdrawing their money.

It also affects future loans and re-negotiations for existing loans as well; banks will be far less willing to lend money, and for existing lenders who need to renew their loans, they might find it significantly more difficult to refinance the loans as a result, with higher interest rates and collateral requirements as a result.

Banks may also experience their own liquidity crisis as well if they have too many loans that they suddenly struggle to collect on, and depositors suddenly move to pull their money out of the bank, causing a bank run.

Nickd92 has it right imo, it's impossible for lenders to liquidate assets like aircraft by "taking a bit of a loss" when nobody is in the market for any aircraft, so perhaps you would only find a taker for a 30 million A320 if you go down to 3-5 millions or wait a year or two.
So it would make more sense for lenders to tough it out and throw back current loan repayments to the end of the repayment period instead of liquidating assets through the courts.
Similarily, lessors would probably suspend lease payments in exchange for extension of the lease period, kind of like pushing the pause button. The aircraft will be stored and won't build hours/cycles, interest rates will be low, so no harm done, they'll just have to bridge a period without profits.

The exceptions will be airlines that will become insolvent and without prospects of restarting. In those cases, it makes more sense to impound the aircraft and let them sit in the lessor's lot until they can remarket them at decent rates.
However, this will be less practical for debt holders, as they will be at the mercy of bankruptcy courts regarding the timing, marketing methods of the assets, costs, the aircraft's conditions will deteriorate through the lengthy process, etc...

Airlines won't be the only ones going through this process and bankruptcy courts will take many years to handle liquidations too.

There is another exception. Lenders and lessors who themselves are under financial pressure. We are already seeing debt consolidation, where by the end of actual and virtual credit meetings, some lenders are owed more than when they went in, simply to take out the weakest links. Of course some cry wolf as a risk management strategy, as they have neither the expertise or inclination to support customers at these times.

ClassicLover

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:05 pm

Ishrion wrote:
Qatar Airways is suspending all flights except for cargo/transit starting Wednesday.

That's a big one. I wonder if either of the other ME3 will have the same thing occur.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Waterbomber2

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:10 pm

Revelation wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:
Remember recently certain airline saying how unfair it would be to bail out Flybe, and now.......

Yep, that comment didn't age well at all.

January 15th
BA boss Willie Walsh calls Flybe bailout a 'blatant misuse of public funds' Willie Walsh, the CEO of British Airways-owner IAG (IAG. L), on Wednesday blasted the government's decision to rescue regional airline Flybe, calling the move a “blatant misuse of public funds.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/ba-bo ... 0ZrDmZ6dTK

Well Willie, let's hope that you don't dare to ask any kind of bail-out for either IB, BA or IAG or Air europa.
On paper, IAG has a comfortable cash position of 3 Billion EUR plus investments, but they still need to pay for Air Europa which is costing them 1.1 billion.
So 2 billion in cash plus investments worth whatever they're still worth. they'll probably try to delay the Air Europa deal which was to close in H2 2020.

BA is already talking to the banks about loans.

https://www.ft.com/content/f402d0e0-652 ... 28cc3c6a68

AF-KLM seems to have drawn over a billion from its revolving credit facility and has 5.5 billions in liquidity heading into this.
Also, it has support from the govenrment as noted in the article.

In light of this, of all European airlines, it looks like AF (and KLM, circumstances allowing) maybe one of the best equipped to weather this crisis.
Last edited by Waterbomber2 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revelation

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:12 pm

Finance minister says NL will do "everything it takes" to keep KLM and AMS open.

Ref: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2120KG

This IMO is great leadership.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has its beaches, its homeland and thoughts of its own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has its seasons, its evenings and songs of its own

NYCDM

SAS lays off 90% and stops operations

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:14 pm

SAS has laid off 90% of staff and paused almost all operations temporarily due to the ongoing COVID-19 / coronavirus crisis. Crazy and scary times for the industry and world:

https://twitter.com/carlbildt/status/12 ... 13985?s=21

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... 0-000-jobs

Revelation

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:18 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
Well Willie, let's hope that you don't dare to ask any kind of bail-out for either IB, BA or IAG or Air europa.
On paper, IAG has a comfortable cash position of 3 Billion EUR plus investments, but they still need to pay for Air Europa which is costing them 1.1 billion.
So 2 billion in cash plus investments worth whatever they're still worth. they'll probably try to delay the Air Europa deal which was to close in H2 2020.

BA is already talking to the banks about loans.

https://www.ft.com/content/f402d0e0-652 ... 28cc3c6a68

Looks like BA/WW are using a trade group to do their talking:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2120X8

Eikie

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:19 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
Revelation wrote:
readytotaxi wrote:

In light of this, of all European airlines, it looks like AF (and KLM, circumstances allowing) maybe one of the best equipped to weather this crisis.

That's something I would not have thought, if true..

Ronaldo747

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:21 pm

Delta ferry flights tomorrow into Marana Air Pinal MZJ

2x B77L
1x B764
3x B763
5x A333
1xA332

Source: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airp ... j/arrivals

Nothing yet on MHV,VCV,GYR or Teruel as we speak.
Last edited by Ronaldo747 on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lightsaber

Re: SAS lays off 90% and stops operations

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:23 pm

Oh my, this implies a huge halt not just in the airlines, but in other industries.

The reality is many airlines must do this to survive. There is non-aviation thread to discuss Coronavirus, but there is no denying the impact.

Lightsaber
IM messages to mods on warnings and bans will be ignored and nasty ones will result in a ban.

Waterbomber2

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:31 pm

Revelation wrote:
Finance minister says NL will do "everything it takes" to keep KLM and AMS open.

Ref: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-heal ... SKBN2120KG

This IMO is great leadership.

Indeed, this confirms what I expect to happen with The Netherlands.

THE HAGUE — The Netherlands will do “everything it takes” to keep Air France-KLM and Amsterdam’s Schiphol airport operating in the wake of the coronavirus epidemic, Dutch Finance Minister Wobke Hoekstra said on Sunday.

https://business.financialpost.com/pmn/ ... lm-going-2

In the other thread, I predicted that the Dutch will be reluctanct to halt operations and this could result in KLM burning through cash and being unable to restart (and I wrote it before knowing what the Dutch finance minister said):

Waterbomber2 wrote:
I think that the current crisis might fuel some tensions between the two airlines.

France is heading into a lockdown while the Dutch are still not getting it and are making matters worse by trying to prevent economic damage.
I predict that AF is going to ground itself pretty soon and KLM will get greedy and try to keep running by moving all AF pax to AMS, perhaps even flying AMS-CDG with more frequencies or even widebodies. AF will let them and support them.

However, I predict that in so doing, KLM will actually burn through its own cash pretty fast and find itself begging AF to release cash to keep operating, but will be met by refusal and will be grounded. So like in most marriages, the fight will become about cash and divorce might ensue.
When things start getting back to normal, I can see AF holding on to its cash and whatever the French government will distribute to them, and would refuse giving KLM any cash until the Dutch government makes a significant contribution. However, the Dutch will reject any bailout of KLM and Air France could liquidate it or start running it under its own AOC.

Sounds a bit dramatic but this is my prediction of the scenario to come. It's a far-fetched guess with lots of moving pieces so take it with a pinch of salt.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1442873

Midwestindy

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 pm

panamair wrote:

ATL-AMS - 1x daily
ATL-CDG - 1x daily
ATL-LHR - 1x daily
DTW-AMS - 1x daily
JFK-LHR - 1x daily

South Africa & Ghana just banned US travel within the past hour, Senegal & Nigeria will likely follow tonight or in the morning

We are witnessing history unfold, but not the good kind.....
Last edited by Midwestindy on Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Status for 2019/2020: AAdvantage Platinum, Delta Gold, Southwest A-List

BritTraveller

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Ishrion wrote:

What is meant by transit? As in transit passengers?, but considering that's most of their market, surely they're non cancelling that many flights?
Someone please correct my stupidity aha.

Bradlee102896

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Delta looks to also be ferrying aircraft to Birmingham International Airport BHM
4x B763
2x B764
1x B772
3x A333
1x A339
2x A359

I don't know how to add the FR24 link but those are scheduled as of 2:00 P.M today.

Revelation

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:39 pm

Ronaldo747 wrote:
Delta ferry flights tomorrow into Marana Air Pinal MZJ

2x B77L
1x B764
3x B763
5x A333
1xA332

Source: https://www.flightradar24.com/data/airp ... j/arrivals

Nothing yet on MHV,VCV,GYR or Teruel as we speak.

Looks like they should send a chase plane to bring all the crews back home!

readytotaxi

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:41 pm

One of the biggest hits will be on airline caterers, such a down turn for a long period of time will make it very hard, some have worldwide exposure.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

davidjohnson6

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Anthony Fauci told ABC ThisWeek that domestic flight restrictions are possible but unlikely to happen immediately

Ronaldo747

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:51 pm

As per Lufthansa Group Fleet, Lufthansa Mainline parked a couple of A320ceo (D-AIP* series), A321ceo (most of D-AIR* and D-AIS* series and a couple of youngest D-AID* aircraft), most of the A343 fleet,

5xA346
even 5xA359 at MUC
8xA388
2xB744
1xB748

all in FRA and MUC, the A320 in SXF.

A couple of the Aircraft are also in maintenance or paint.

smokeybandit

Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:59 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Anthony Fauci told ABC ThisWeek that domestic flight restrictions are possible but unlikely to happen immediately

And he likes to pander to the extreme scenario, so if he's saying this, it's not happening.

32andBelow

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:06 pm

Thunderbolt500 wrote:
I was at my local aldi's and women said her son went down to fort still, ok in the military and she said there was a rumor they might shut down all air traffic. Do you thing there is any truth in this statement.

The DOD shut down all domestic flying for military members.

LDRA

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:14 pm

Bradlee102896 wrote:
Delta looks to also be ferrying aircraft to Birmingham International Airport BHM
4x B763
2x B764
1x B772
3x A333
1x A339
2x A359

I don't know how to add the FR24 link but those are scheduled as of 2:00 P.M today.

Delta is parking A339s and A350s?

UpNAWAy

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:20 pm

B777LRF wrote:
Reality is that the world needs to, and will be, closed down for a month or so, as in avoiding social interaction to the largest extent possible. You simply stay at home, and chances are you'll be laid off in some capacity. It's then a question of how tight the social security net is in any given country which will decide how close to Lord of the Flies that society will become.

The alternative is a total break-down of health care and social services.

Or we could have gone about business as usual and let a few million die. That's likely to have been less pain then what a prolong shut down of most everything will do.
Last edited by UpNAWAy on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bradlee102896

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:20 pm

LDRA wrote:
Bradlee102896 wrote:
4x B763
2x B764
1x B772
3x A333
1x A339
2x A359

I guess so. They are scheduled to arrive in BHM tomorrow and have 9000 flight numbers.

Revelation

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:24 pm

Public takeover of Alitialia close to being enacted:

The Italian government is close to taking full control of Alitalia, as the coronavirus outbreak in Europe was forcing it to abandon plans to find a buyer for the ailing national carrier, daily Il Messaggero said on Sunday.

According to the plan, which the report said was already at an “advanced stage”, the government would take control of both Alitalia’s aviation and land operations through a public vehicle, the report said, adding the plan would be implemented “in a short time”.

Ref: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-ital ... 00012bf8d6

Shocking, I know...

NWAJT8D

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:29 pm

Bradlee102896 wrote:
4x B763
2x B764
1x B772
3x A333
1x A339
2x A359

B763: N1613B, N193DN (could not find the other two)
B764: N844MH, N845MH
B772: N865DA
A333: N802NW, N805NW, N812NW
A339: N401DZ
A359: N504DN, N506DN

LAXdude1023

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:29 pm

chepos wrote:
panamair wrote:

ATL-AMS - 1x daily
ATL-CDG - 1x daily
ATL-LHR - 1x daily
DTW-AMS - 1x daily
JFK-LHR - 1x daily

Isn’t Ghana closing it’s borders to countries with over 200 cases?

For reference here is the WHO situation report as of yesterday:

https://www.who.int/docs/default-source ... dcd46351_6
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!

tamasm

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:31 pm

ClassicLover wrote:
Ishrion wrote:

That's a big one. I wonder if either of the other ME3 will have the same thing occur.

As I understand only entry to Qatar will be refused from everywhere. Transiting through the airport will be allowed so Qatar Airways flights will be still flying in and out.

smokeybandit

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:35 pm

32andBelow wrote:
Thunderbolt500 wrote:
I was at my local aldi's and women said her son went down to fort still, ok in the military and she said there was a rumor they might shut down all air traffic. Do you thing there is any truth in this statement.

The DOD shut down all domestic flying for military members.

Military, civilians and families. DOD employs 2.8 million to begin with, so throw in even 1.5x that for families, there's 7 million people who aren't flying any time soon.

gregpodpl

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:38 pm

Bradlee102896 wrote:
LDRA wrote:

I guess so. They are scheduled to arrive in BHM tomorrow and have 9000 flight numbers.

Can someone explain that to me - why would they park them in another country?

jetmatt777

Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:44 pm

gregpodpl wrote:
Bradlee102896 wrote:
LDRA wrote:

Can someone explain that to me - why would they park them in another country?

Uhm. Birmingham Alabama....

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos