Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

smokeybandit

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:16 pm

Unless I missed it, no mention of shutting down domestic flights in today's US press conference on Coronavirus.

jetmatt777

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:20 pm

smokeybandit wrote:
Unless I missed it, no mention of shutting down domestic flights in today's US press conference on Coronavirus.

It was mentioned at the end as a question. The answer was it is something they are looking at and evaluating on a day to day basis.

scbriml

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:25 pm

KingB123 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
A friend of mine has just messaged in to say he’s been made redundant from british airways.

Honestly its so sad to read this. And here we have airlines in the UK asking for a 7 BILLION pound bailout. Why doesn't IAG spend its 9 BILLION EUROS in its reserve and look after its employees. Its Profit over Employees anyday.

And US airlines are seeking $50 billion. Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures. Any support from the government doesn’t have to be a gift and all sorts of conditions can be applied. I’m all in favour of the government helping all businesses in this exceptional situation.

You can always tell HMRC that you don’t want your tax used to help airlines. :wink2:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

onwFan

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:26 pm

Based on few handpicked dates on google flights, the following seems to be VS’s daily schedule to the US for the next one month:-

LHR-JFK 2x
LHR-LAX 1x
LHR-SFO 1x

As mentioned earlier, DL will fly 1x ATL-LHR and 1x JFK-LHR.

Sokes

Re: Discussion: Troubles for European Airline Groups, IAG, AFKLM, LH-Group

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:28 pm

JibberJim wrote:
If a business needs cash, it should approach lender or its owners...

Thank you. I am surprised nobody else thinks that companies need to increase their equity. I may add that if the old owners = shareholders can't or are unwilling to provide fresh equity = buy new shares, new shares should be sold to whoever is interested.

Why is it that capitalists don't like state regulation, just to come begging for help whenever the going gets tough?
I don't think companies with equity of over 20% will find difficulty to receive credit. Suppose somebody wants to buy a house for 300.000 $ and asks you for a credit of 400.000 $, would you give the money? If a company's debt is more than it's asset, which private person would lend money to such a company? Why should banks? It's the management's choice how much equity and therefore credit worthiness they want to keep.

Did Bombardier ever consider to issue new shares or did they prefer to beg for taxpayers' money?
I am just waiting for Boeing to come begging for state help.
Prudence requires that a lot of companies now need to issue new shares. Alternatively some may go bankrupt. With demand for flight tickets being as low as it is, is it fair towards competitors if one company gets state help, but not the other?

Laws have to be made in such a way that no specific person or company is helped.
I suppose the most fair solution is for a government to transfer a fixed percentage of salary cost to all businesses until the situation normalizes. Airlines with high capital cost/ cost for plane leases may profit less than companies which are labor intensive. Private hospitals may not need any help, but still get it. But I see no better alternative. Who is to decide which industry is how strongly affected?
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

KingB123

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:35 pm

scbriml wrote:
KingB123 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:
A friend of mine has just messaged in to say he’s been made redundant from british airways.

Honestly its so sad to read this. And here we have airlines in the UK asking for a 7 BILLION pound bailout. Why doesn't IAG spend its 9 BILLION EUROS in its reserve and look after its employees. Its Profit over Employees anyday.

And US airlines are seeking $50 billion. Extraordinary times require extraordinary measures. Any support from the government doesn’t have to be a gift and all sorts of conditions can be applied. I’m all in favour of the government helping all businesses in this exceptional situation.

You can always tell HMRC that you don’t want your tax used to help airlines. :wink2:

Bet you were also very happy when we forked out for RBS aswell eh
King B

davidjohnson6

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:36 pm

Sokes - right now, it is impossible for almost any company (unless they manufacture masks or other hazmat clothing), never mind airlines, to raise fresh equity from investors
Last edited by davidjohnson6 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sokes

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:39 pm

davidjohnson6 wrote:
Sokes - right now, it is impossible for almost any company (unless you manufacture masks), never mind airlines, to raise fresh equity from investors

I disagree. The management may not get the price they desire, but people like Warren Buffet and also many small investors/ old shareholders would buy.
The alternative is bankruptcy. The old owners go empty handed.

At any rate I suggested governments should help. I just don't like any particular company to be singled out for help.
Why can't the world be a little bit more autistic?

cathay747

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:43 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
Does anyone know if security procedures are any different? Does TSA still require shoe removal? I would imagine walking on the filthy floor is a good way to transmit illness.

If you're barefoot and have open wounds/sores on the bottoms of your feet, yeah, you could get all sorts of fun stuff, not just COVID-19. Otherwise, unless you plan on rubbing the bottoms of your dirty socks over your face, or licking them, I don't think you're in too much danger of catching anything.
Try a Little VC-10derness

smokeybandit

Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:52 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
smokeybandit wrote:

It was mentioned at the end as a question. The answer was it is something they are looking at and evaluating on a day to day basis.

Was that about a shutdown or the requested bailout?

dcajet

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:07 pm

Argentina adds Brazil and Chile to the travel ban. According to the government decree there should not be any flights to/from either country as of tomorrow. Chile is closing its borders on Wednesday, so this was coming anyway. However Brazil has not imposed any travel bans yet and there is a significant amount of traffic between the two countries. It affects AR, AD, LA, F0, G3, ET, TK, QR & EK.

https://www.argentina.gob.ar/coronaviru ... sion-local
Keep calm and wash your hands.

atcsundevil

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:26 pm

This isn't the place to debate about the EU. This is for aviation discussion surrounding the current crisis. Please keep the discussion on topic. Other discussion should be directed to the Non Aviation Forum.

✈️ atcsundevil

dcajet

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:47 pm

El Salvador's president with an interesting tweet: "The runway at SAL is now closed to all flights except cargo ones. Planes en route must alter their flight plans".

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/ ... 8553185282

And on another tweet: "The Avianca flight from Mexico to San Salvador, which leaves at 4:00 pm and would arrive in our country at 6:50 pm, brings 12 confirmed cases of # COVID19

The plane will not be able to enter the country.

I ask all the people who think to board that flight, DO NOT DO IT."

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/ ... 6305692672
Keep calm and wash your hands.

Airontario

Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:57 pm

http://www.globenewswire.com/news-relea ... ation.html

Sunwing is canceling all southbound flights. They will continue to fly, but only to bring back customers from their southern destinations.

smokeybandit

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:02 pm

How would their president know there are six cases on the manifest? Where does a passenger declare such a thing?

plainspotter9

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:07 pm

Plenty of Europeans flights still coming in and out of SFO as of 3pm PST Monday 16 March. What gives?

Nileblue

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Egypt announces the suspension of all flights to/from the country from 19th March to 31 March.

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/1/82 ... arch-19-PM

dtw2hyd

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:15 pm

scbriml wrote:
KingB123 wrote:
Arion640 wrote:

Pence announced US government will be supporting US carriers 100% at the press conference.

Yes handouts are wrong in general, but it would be stupid to let go large airlines on some idealogy.
All posts are just opinions.

744SPX

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:37 pm

How about just letting the LCC's go? I wouldn't complain... :duck:

scbriml

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:38 pm

KingB123 wrote:
scbriml wrote:
KingB123 wrote:

Well that’s quite some leap of logic (I use the term loosely). The key words being “exceptional situation”.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

CRJ5000

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:52 pm

744SPX wrote:

Yeah, would be great for consumers when a bunch of financially strapped legacies have no one to drive prices down in markets.

NWAJT8D

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:57 pm

744SPX wrote:

I work for one...how about we don't ;)

Although we did load only 16 bags on an A319 yesterday...yikes.

jetmatt777

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 pm

United closing these lounges temporarily beginning Wed the 18th

DEN West B32 United Club
EWR C93 pop-up United Club
EWR Polaris lounge
EWR A2 United Club
IAD C4 United Club
IAD C7 United Club
IAH Polaris lounge
IAH A9 United Club
IAH B Mezzanine United Club
IAH C33 United Club
LAX Polaris lounge
ORD Polaris lounge
ORD B18 United Club
ORD T2 United Club
SFO Temp BAE Mezzanine United Club
SFO E4 United Club
SFO Polaris lounge
NRT VIP section
LHR VIP section

LTU932

Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:59 pm

dcajet wrote:
El Salvador's president with an interesting tweet: "The runway at SAL is now closed to all flights except cargo ones. Planes en route must alter their flight plans".

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/ ... 8553185282

And on another tweet: "The Avianca flight from Mexico to San Salvador, which leaves at 4:00 pm and would arrive in our country at 6:50 pm, brings 12 confirmed cases of # COVID19

The plane will not be able to enter the country.

I ask all the people who think to board that flight, DO NOT DO IT."

https://twitter.com/nayibbukele/status/ ... 6305692672
I hope AV will give them the possibility to rebook or cancel via a travel waiver. I find the timing to be highly suspect but then again, everyone is in panic about this IMO and I hope that during the course of the next days and weeks, cooler heads prevail.

Costa Rica will also be closing all of its borders as part of a presidential decree issued today, declaring COVID-19 a national emergency. The decree itself is pretty much effective immediately. The border closure itself is effective 3/18/20 at 23:59 hrs CST, until 4/12/20 at 23:59 hrs CST. Only legal residents and citizens may enter the country (they will be subject to a mandatory 14 day quarantine), as well as cargo aircraft. Crew will be exempt from quarantine, though I still wonder how they will treat crew from longhaul flights or any flight that could time out during turnaround.

Here is the official press release: https://www.presidencia.go.cr/comunicad ... -del-pais/
Sometimes the only thing more dangerous than a question is an answer. - Ferengi Rule of Acquisition 208

Arion640

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:01 pm

onwFan wrote:
Based on few handpicked dates on google flights, the following seems to be VS’s daily schedule to the US for the next one month:-

LHR-JFK 2x
LHR-LAX 1x
LHR-SFO 1x

As mentioned earlier, DL will fly 1x ATL-LHR and 1x JFK-LHR.

So sad and shocking. That’s the A350’s and A330’s parked then.

hiflyeras

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:07 pm

IF there is a bailout (and I think there will be...especially if there is a 2+ week shutdown) then they’ll divide the pie equitably. Probably based on the number of passengers carried last year over those same weeks.

Ishrion

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:20 pm

Qantas announced new reductions, which includes JetStar:

- 150 aircraft grounded, including most of its widebody fleet.
- 90% reduction in international capacity.
- 60% reduction in domestic capacity.

Lasts from March until May 2020.

https://www.qantasnewsroom.com.au/media ... esponse-2/

trex8

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:22 pm

aeromoe wrote:
MohawkWeekend wrote:
I agree that a bailout of one industry doesn't work. Car sales are already down 50%. If your company isn't making or selling food, toilet paper and bleach you are going to be in a world of hurt soon. If the plan is to give each American $1000 a month (which is being discussed) to tied them over, thats $330 billion a month.

I read an article about Mitt Romney's proposal for $1000 for adult Americans to help them meet their "short-term obligations." That certainly wouldn't be $330 billion...and nowhere did it say "monthly." The situation is fluid so anything is possible I suppose.

The Hong Kong government were handing out HK$10000 which is about US$1300 to every HK resident for economic stimulus for the protests. Maybe there will be another distribution for the virus too now.

PacoMartin

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:23 pm

CX Flyboy wrote:
The HKG stoppage was planned a while ago as part of their RR 787 grounding. Cathay are flying services on behalf of ANZ with a CX flight number (albeit a 4 digit one)

So ANZ has 30 long range aircraft and for right now the only long range destination they have is LAX.

8 Boeing 777-200 13.9 Years
8 Boeing 777-300 8.2 Years
14 Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner 3.8 Years

tphuang

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:41 pm

as midwestindy posted on the southwest thread.
https://thepointsguy.com/news/southwest ... s-plummet/
they are cutting 20% capacity, remember this is on top of the negative growth due to MAX problems.

Given that they are the most domestic airline with minimal presence in the 2 largest domestic hotspot in Seattle and NYC, every airline should cut at least this much imo. That means NK, B6 and AS will be cutting more than what they announced (yes and I know that AS announced 15% for April and 20% for May today, that still seems low to me given the SEA outbreak)

hiflyeras

Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:52 pm

tphuang wrote:
Given that they are the most domestic airline with minimal presence in the 2 largest domestic hotspot in Seattle and NYC, every airline should cut at least this much imo. That means NK, B6 and AS will be cutting more than what they announced (yes and I know that AS announced 15% for April and 20% for May today, that still seems low to me given the SEA outbreak)

Wish I could remember offhand what percentage of AS flights are SEA-north. They’re basically essential service routes for the state of Alaska so would likely escape any major cuts.

744SPX

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:05 am

NWAJT8D wrote:
744SPX wrote:

I work for one...how about we don't ;)

Although we did load only 16 bags on an A319 yesterday...yikes.

Yowzers- that's bad!

cjg225

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:30 am

CLJFlyer wrote:
Univ of TN Supply Chain graduate here...I work for a company with a situation similar to yours. Our lanes TPAC are cheaper than actual contracted rates right now. Our lanes TATL are about to sky rocket in price. Our forwarders only use pax airplanes to move cargo TATL. We are in the midst of running computer generated scenarios to see where we stand.

Just to give you an idea, my company spends over 35 million dollars shipping parcel in NAM annually with just one company. We are a global company so as you can imagine this is going to have a big impact on our operations and cost of operating.

We have some TATL move with freighters because its DG, but the vast majority moves on pax. So far, we've not had any cancellations on TATL, but I know they're coming. They're actually impacting my shipments between Asia-Pac and Puerto Rico, oddly enough, because of connections via Europe. No idea why we're getting shafted for stuff going to PR but not for stuff going to the mainland (yet).

We're not quite as big as you with small parcel, but we're close. About $25 mil in the US on small parcel with one of the Big 2 and a couple mil more with the other of the 2. Because I don't have enough COVID-19 meetings already, a colleague of mine (who has been questioning my group's work and value because *she* doesn't know a damn thing about logistics, even though we have a great relationship with her reporting employees) just dropped another daily COVID-19 meeting on my calendar starting tomorrow to discuss the impact to our US and Puerto Rico distribution operations. Fun times explaining how things like New Jersey's new curfew may F with lead times given the propensity of small parcel and LTL line-hauls to run overnight to make morning sorts, amongst a great many other issues right now.

In terms of what we heard today, the LA markets are really what are killing us. We're trying to pull out all the stops to figure out how to service LA markets because of how much harsher their stances are compared to the US and Europe for air travel. There's *NO* pax service at all left, to my knowledge, and some of these smaller LA markets just don't generate enough cargo to justify freighters (well, now they will).
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...

Jerseyguy

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:39 am

Anyone know if they are still doing Global Entry appointments. My parents have a appointment to get Global Entry tommorow in Newark. Being they are in their 70s, I find it totally ridiculous that they would want to go especially with how the area is the worst area in the state for COVID 19 cases. However they are stubborn they already paid for it so that means they should risk it. Can anyone point me to any information as to whether they have to go?

Wayfarer515

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:50 am

Has anybody more news on the Delta flight that was stopped right before takeoff because of a pax. who is potentially infected with COVID-19? Just saw it on CNN.

KingB123

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:51 am

scbriml wrote:
KingB123 wrote:
scbriml wrote:

Well that’s quite some leap of logic (I use the term loosely). The key words being “exceptional situation”.

Hardly a leap of logic, you may aswell class the 2008 recession as an exceptional situation too.

Global catastrophes will continue to happen whether its corona or more viruses spreading in the near future, global pandemics will continue to happen and every very profitable bu£ine$$ like IAG should be prepared.

Hopefully the government doesn't bail any of these profiteering companies with their billions but help the poor employees who are screwed either way.
King B

KingB123

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:53 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
scbriml wrote:
KingB123 wrote:

Pence announced US government will be supporting US carriers 100% at the press conference.

Yes handouts are wrong in general, but it would be stupid to let go large airlines on some idealogy.

The US can do whatever they feel best to support their aviation market.

I don't think large airlines and cooperation's will fail with billions of reserves, they should be resilient in the problems they face.
King B

tb727

Tue Mar 17, 2020 12:54 am

744SPX wrote:

Yeah, that would be awesome! I mean, I fly for a ULCC so I'm trash and my livelihood doesn't matter. I don't even tell my wife or small kids what I do because I'm so ashamed that I worked pretty hard for 20 years to get to where I am. But some people don't like paying for a bottle of water so I guess to make them feel better, well we should just get rid of the part of the industry almost anyone can afford to fly on. I don't even know if I'll have a job for an unspecified amount of time in a few weeks depending on how this all goes, but I'm glad you won't complain.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

737MAX7

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:05 am

tb727 wrote:
744SPX wrote:

Yeah, that would be awesome! I mean, I fly for a ULCC so I'm trash and my livelihood doesn't matter. I don't even tell my wife or small kids what I do because I'm so ashamed that I worked pretty hard for 20 years to get to where I am. But some people don't like paying for a bottle of water so I guess to make them feel better, well we should just get rid of the part of the industry almost anyone can afford to fly on. I don't even know if I'll have a job for an unspecified amount of time in a few weeks depending on how this all goes, but I'm glad you won't complain.

I feel your pain. I don’t fly but I also work for a mostly domestic airline here in the states and unfortunately I’m just waiting for the bottom to fall out. Lately I’ve been going to bed every night hoping when I wake up I still have a job. It’s really easy for others not in the same position to say stuff like that. Wishing you the best.

tb727

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:13 am

737MAX7 wrote:
tb727 wrote:
744SPX wrote:

I feel your pain. I don’t fly but I also work for a mostly domestic airline here in the states and unfortunately I’m just waiting for the bottom to fall out. Lately I’ve been going to bed every night hoping when I wake up I still have a job. It’s really easy for others not in the same position to say stuff like that. Wishing you the best.

Good luck to you as well, it's gonna be a rough bit but we are all in the same boat and going through it together. Amazing how quickly life changes.
Too lazy to work, too scared to steal!

Jerseyguy

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:22 am

tb727 wrote:
744SPX wrote:

I actually prefer ULCCs, sure you have to pay for water (most of them will give you a free glass of water BTW), carryons, etc. If you look at the major airlines like AA/UA/DL, you'll find that their "Basic Economy" fares should be relabeled "Worse than ULCC fares". I don't want to get too far off topic but just compare policies between ULCCs and the major's basic economy and you'll find how much more restrictive Basic Economy is.

LHR01

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:30 am

maps4ltd

Tue Mar 17, 2020 1:39 am

Jerseyguy wrote:
tb727 wrote:
744SPX wrote:

I actually prefer ULCCs, sure you have to pay for water (most of them will give you a free glass of water BTW), carryons, etc. If you look at the major airlines like AA/UA/DL, you'll find that their "Basic Economy" fares should be relabeled "Worse than ULCC fares". I don't want to get too far off topic but just compare policies between ULCCs and the major's basic economy and you'll find how much more restrictive Basic Economy is.

That was sarcasm.
Delta Gold Medallion

B6BOSfan

Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:53 am

That Delta flight at JFK was bound for Seattle. Statement from Delta:

Customers on Delta flight 2503 returned to the JFK terminal Monday after a customer shared they may have been previously exposed to coronavirus, and our aviation medical consultants recommended the customer be evaluated. We continue to follow all guidelines from the CDC and local health officials and the aircraft is in the process of being cleaned. The safety and health of our customers and crew remain our top priority.

ojjunior

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:07 am

Meanwhile AA is leaving GRU behind almost completely.
There are now 6 flights out of GRU as we speak.
2x DFW
2x MIA
1x JFK
1x LAX

Looking for next days flights only MIA will remain operative.

OB1504

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:26 am

ojjunior wrote:
Meanwhile AA is leaving GRU behind almost completely.
There are now 6 flights out of GRU as we speak.
2x DFW
2x MIA
1x JFK
1x LAX

Looking for next days flights only MIA will remain operative.

AA is pulling completely out of South America once the return flights leave tomorrow.

knope2001

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:35 am

Once again the same group of LGA-departing Delta flights with seatmap-based load < 24 hours prior to departure. These are tomorrow, Tuesday 3/16.

Raw load factor (not weighted by distance) 16.4%

40.8% ….. jax
28.9% ….. bhm
25.9% ….. mem
25.9% ….. chs
21.1% ….. mci
18.9% ….. msn
18.0% ….. stl
16.7% ….. cle
16.6% ….. rdu
16.0% ….. mke
15.8% ….. ind
15.5% ….. gso
15.4% ….. buf
15.4% ….. bna
15.2% ….. ric
14.4% ….. grr
14.4% ….. sdf
12.9% ….. cmh
10.2% ….. clt
8.7% ….. pit
7.6% ….. gsp

About half of the DL departures in these markets from LGA appear to have bookings in the single digits.

Obviously this is without precedent and devolving quickly. You can't help but wonder at what point we'll see drastic cuts or complete suspensions announced for many markets.

WJtter

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:36 am

WS Changes:

As of Sunday Mar 22nd @ 2359 MDT, ALL TB & INTL flights will be suspended for a minimum of 30 days... While domestic cuts will be around 50%.

Aesma

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:37 am

For those who thought a few days/hours ago that they could still go on foreign trips, I hope they have figured out it wasn't a good idea before leaving, or they might have trouble coming back. Airlines aren't going to be operating flights just for them.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

onwFan

Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:40 am

If I am not mistaken, any remaining international traffic at this stage is people trying to coming back home. Most customers are busy canceling any flights after spring break, so in the coming weeks, we should be looking at why a particular airline is flying certain routes, not why they are canceling.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos