Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
myki
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:43 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:40 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
I urge airlines worldwide to ground their fleets and to put them at the disposal of the governments and hospitals for either transport of sick people, doctors or equipment/supplies, or to serve as quarantine and/or treatment facilities.

Stop flying passengers around and spreading this pandemic to new communities, putting passengers and your staff at risk.

I would guess that there would minimal people flying to spend a week on the beach in Phuket as opposed to those just wanting to go home while they still can.
 
User avatar
eta unknown
Posts: 2858
Joined: Wed Jun 13, 2001 5:03 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:56 pm

MAH4546 wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:

Nobody is banned. It is illegal for the United States to ban travel. Nobody has that authority. They are simply telling people not too. It can’t be enforced.

Countries can ban any non-citizens/residents from entering. The current restrictions aren't a ban on flights per se, so much as a border restriction on people. The effect is much the same.


No, it’s literally not the same. The United States cannot ban it’s citizens from traveling, domestically or internationally. The US can close its borders to foreigners. Other countries can close their borders to Americans. But it’s still not the same thing regardless of the effect.

Actually in some ways the US can ban travel to specific places by making the passport invalid to certain countries. Have a look at a US passport from the early 70's.
 
Arion640
Posts: 3077
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:15 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 3:57 pm

Another BA 777, G-VIIB went into storage this afternoon.
 
YVRLTN
Posts: 2344
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:49 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:04 pm

usxguy wrote:
Pacific Coastal is the lastest victim

https://www.pacificcoastal.com/presidents-message/


It clearly says temporary shut down, so just like Austrian & Luxair etc
Follow me on twitter for YVR movements @vernonYVR
 
User avatar
ro1960
Posts: 1287
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:19 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:08 pm

LX to keep 6 aircraft in operation. 1 long haul to EWR and bring stranded nationals back and 5 short-medium haul for European routes.

CEO is asking the Swiss government for financial help on grounds that "Swiss International Air Lines is a Swiss company, based in Switzerland with a Swiss AOC. 90% of employees live and pay taxes in Switzerland".

All other metal stored. 24 aircraft moved to the Duebendorf air base by lack of space at ZRH.

Swiss TV report in French
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 7477
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:15 pm

Farnborough and RAF Fairford air shows cancelled.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-51978103

Bound to happen, very sad.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
zakuivcustom
Posts: 3524
Joined: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:32 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:48 pm

CX/KA is reducing to a barebone schedule for April and May:
https://www.cathaypacific.com/cx/en_US/ ... ngers.html

3/wk to LHR, LAX, YVR, SYD, NRT, TPE, DEL, BKK, CGK, MNL, SGN, and SIN (CX) along with PEK, PVG, KUL (KA), and that's it. This is ~4% of their entire schedule.

Meanwhile, UO (HKExpress) is suspending all flights from March 23rd:
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/tra ... all-flight

In the same article, it was also mentioned that CX will probably ground something like 200 (out of 236) planes, and lost ~HKD2B (~250M USD) in the month of February alone.
 
jayunited
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 4:59 pm

At Presidents Trumps press conference today he was asked about airlines and stock buybacks and he took it on directly. He stated what the airlines and other companies did with the huge tax cuts was not what he envisioned. Instead of investing in their employees or building up their company many companies including airlines used that money to do stock buy backs and put that money into the pockets of the wealthy.

Although they are still working out the details if I understood him correctly he said he would demand no stock buy backs. The money the airlines get as a bailout must be used to keep the workers employees because according to Trump what he is trying to do is keep people employed and get the economy back on track once this is over. Putting money into the pockets of shareholders does nothing to help the U.S. economy recover according to Trump.

Hopefully there are serious consequences for airlines or any other company like the cruise industry if they are found to be in violation once these bailouts happen.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Could we please have again the link to the page keeping track of all the cuts in air services, please?
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
alo2yyz
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:53 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:29 pm

Aircellist wrote:
Could we please have again the link to the page keeping track of all the cuts in air services, please?


https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1072793355

I emailed it to myself so I wouldn't have to try to find it again on the forum.
 
User avatar
readytotaxi
Posts: 7477
Joined: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:09 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:45 pm

In the UK MAN is to close two out of three terminals starting Monday, no news on staff layoffs.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.
 
Galwayman
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:07 pm

FR keep staff on at 50% for the next two months . Probably the worlds greatest airline
 
User avatar
usxguy
Posts: 1891
Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:28 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 6:25 pm

IATA just polled all airlines, should expect something soon from Geneva...
xx
 
User avatar
cjg225
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:12 pm

jayunited wrote:
DL does not have any 77Ws.

For an aircraft the size of a 77E/L yes 7 PMC positions would be correct because the rest of the compartment during normal operations was filled with bags. With 7 PMC's on a 77E/L you only have 10 remaining LD3 size positions on the aircraft. You can also load 8 PMC on a 77E/L which would then leave you only 8 LD3 size positions for bags or remaining cargo.

As far as the 77W there are a total of 14 PMC positions but UA during normal operations would never offer 14 PMC positions because there would be no space remaining for bags. In most cases UA will offer 10 or 11 PMC positions and save the remaining positions for bags. Now the 77W does offer a lot of flexibility there are optional additional locks airlines can order and UA's 77Ws do have all the optional locks installed giving UA a wide range of options perhaps this is what you are referring to. UA ordered these aircraft to not only haul a lot of people but they also ordered them to move tons of cargo. Comparing a 77W cargo compartment lock layout to a 77E there is a lot more UA can do with the 77W to better maximize all the available floor space on these aircraft whereas the 77E can have dead zones do to the lack of locks.

Very interesting. Thanks for the information!

And, yeah, normally this much would never be offered, but since there are no pax, there's no need to deal with bags.

We're going to take 5 PMC on one of these pax-jet-freighters this coming Thursday to see how it goes.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...
 
Turnhouse1
Posts: 195
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:57 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:29 pm

Galwayman wrote:
FR keep staff on at 50% for the next two months . Probably the worlds greatest airline


Presume all those in the UK (also BA, VS, U2 and BY) will now be kept on at 80% (up to £2500/month) salary with government announcement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005
 
jayunited
Posts: 2965
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:03 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:34 pm

cjg225 wrote:
Very interesting. Thanks for the information!

And, yeah, normally this much would never be offered, but since there are no pax, there's no need to deal with bags.

We're going to take 5 PMC on one of these pax-jet-freighters this coming Thursday to see how it goes.


What you are saying makes no sense whatsoever, an airline is going to take 5 PMC's on one pax-jet freighter to see how it goes?? That makes no sense, since they already know how it works, airlines like AA, DL and UA have more enough experience moving belly cargo. It goes one of two ways, either the airline delivers empty PMC's to the shipper and they build the pallet themselves and truck it to the airport as shipper built the airline flies the cargo delivers it to the next hub's cargo facility where a truck picks up the entire PMC. The other way a truck delivers the goods to the cargo facility and the airline or contract staff builds up the pallets on site, transports it to the aircraft at the destination the cargo facility breaks down the pallet and a trucker takes it away leaving the PMC behind.

A cargo contract is a cargo contract COVID-19 hasn't changed the way cargo is shipped. If an airline like UA can make money utilizing a small portion of their widebody fleet as cargo carriers they will and UA has already done this during this COVID-19 outbreak but make no mistake most of UA's widebodies just like DL and AA's widebodies will be parked not used as cargo-liners. We've had some widebodies with only 30 passengers onboard domestically but a belly full of cargo that needed to be moved. This is already happening but it will never happen on a large scale because a passenger widebody has it limitations on how much cargo can be carried which means there is a limitation on how much revenue an airline can generate from hauling said cargo especially when you are operating in the same area domestically as UPS and FedEx who have the right aircraft for the job.
 
greenair727
Posts: 1468
Joined: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:27 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:54 pm

With California and New York State shutting down, will airports be open?
 
Vladex
Posts: 475
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 7:58 pm

I live very close to YYZ and I have only seen 1 airplane in the sky since this morning yet FR24 remains fairly busy so what gives?
 
Miamiairport
Posts: 695
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:15 pm

greenair727 wrote:
With California and New York State shutting down, will airports be open?


I have 2 flights set for next month to LAX and so far nothing about the airports shutting down. Since medical personnel need to fly probably not. And therefore I don't see domestic air travel stopping. Now there could be more restrictions coming like forcing airline lounges to close, closing all concessions, limiting the time a person can check in ahead of a flight, etc.
 
MIflyer12
Posts: 8270
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:58 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:19 pm

eta unknown wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
BAINY3 wrote:
Countries can ban any non-citizens/residents from entering. The current restrictions aren't a ban on flights per se, so much as a border restriction on people. The effect is much the same.


No, it’s literally not the same. The United States cannot ban it’s citizens from traveling, domestically or internationally. The US can close its borders to foreigners. Other countries can close their borders to Americans. But it’s still not the same thing regardless of the effect.

Actually in some ways the US can ban travel to specific places by making the passport invalid to certain countries. Have a look at a US passport from the early 70's.


You don't have to go back 40 years. Just last year the U.S. banned the use of U.S. passports to travel to North Korea. Right from the Department of State:

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... isory.html

That really ought to end the idea that the U.S. can't restrict international travel of U.S. citizens.
 
ShamrockBoi330
Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:28 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:23 pm

Vladex wrote:
I live very close to YYZ and I have only seen 1 airplane in the sky since this morning yet FR24 remains fairly busy so what gives?


Not to go off topic,
You dont say where you are in Toronto, but cloud cover is brutal and low today. I live downtown beside CN Tower and aircraft are going overhead south over lake on approach! AC 857 from LHR just went over, a KLM 744 is up next in a few minutes. Another AC from LHR after that! They'll be swinging by overhead. I hear them before seeing them today.
 
Waterbomber2
Posts: 1343
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2019 3:44 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:27 pm

Airlines can start offering discounts on flights for the far future, ie winter 2020 and spring/summer 2021.
Start selling those now and use proceeds to pay for refunds, conserve cash.
 
 
rlwynn
Posts: 1506
Joined: Fri Dec 15, 2000 3:35 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 pm

On FR24 today I say a Philipine 777 going to Victorville.
I can drive faster than you
 
User avatar
DL717
Posts: 2164
Joined: Wed May 23, 2018 10:53 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:33 pm

US is being hammered. Hearing from a friend some airports are off as much as 80% from the same week last year. This is consistent with the article above about DL. Larger airports supposedly are doing “better” if you can all it that, off about 60%. This is just brutal.
Funny. It only took one pandemic for those who argue endlessly about natural selection to stop believing in natural selection.
 
Aircellist
Posts: 1582
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:43 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:45 pm

TS is laying off cabin personal.

https://www.lapresse.ca/affaires/entrep ... e-bord.php (in french)

Radio-Canada has learned that office personal is also leaving, although it seems not to have been on the newswire. (in french again)

https://ici.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle/16 ... ir-transat
"When I find out I was wrong, I change my mind. What do you do?" -attributed to John Maynard Keynes
 
32andBelow
Posts: 5008
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:54 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:02 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
Airlines can start offering discounts on flights for the far future, ie winter 2020 and spring/summer 2021.
Start selling those now and use proceeds to pay for refunds, conserve cash.

I don’t think airlines can realize that revenue until the flight operates.
 
Brickell305
Posts: 1054
Joined: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:07 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:06 pm

32andBelow wrote:
Waterbomber2 wrote:
Airlines can start offering discounts on flights for the far future, ie winter 2020 and spring/summer 2021.
Start selling those now and use proceeds to pay for refunds, conserve cash.

I don’t think airlines can realize that revenue until the flight operates.

In their accounting, no. However, of course they use cash flow from future bookings for current expenses.
 
Galwayman
Posts: 902
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:20 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Turnhouse1 wrote:
Galwayman wrote:
FR keep staff on at 50% for the next two months . Probably the worlds greatest airline


Presume all those in the UK (also BA, VS, U2 and BY) will now be kept on at 80% (up to £2500/month) salary with government announcement.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51982005



Yes but FR U.K. is just a small bit of FR and FR made their announcement before government intervention . Branson had already chopped his staff I think, he’s such a cheapskate ...
 
mxaxai
Posts: 1990
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:29 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Some more airport closures in Germany today; Friedrichshafen (FDH), Rostock (RLG) and Münster (FMO) close their terminals entirely to scheduled traffic.
https://www.airliners.de/flughafen-rost ... rieb/54369
https://www.airliners.de/friedrichshafe ... icht/54354
https://www.airliners.de/flughafen-muen ... -gat/54376

Munich (MUC) is reducing operations to terminal areas B, C and D; the new satellite terminal will be closed entirely.
https://www.airliners.de/flughafen-muen ... rcen/54383

Stuttgart (STR) and Hamburg (HAM) are reducing staffing to a minimal level, and closing shops, but remain open to the few scheduled flights as well as several repatriation flights.
https://www.airliners.de/flughafen-stut ... rieb/54375
https://www.airliners.de/kurzarbeit-flu ... burg/54361

Frankfurt (FRA) is closing most shops and sends 80% of employees home but - in line with its role as a major long-haul gateway - remains mostly open for operations.
https://www.airliners.de/fraport-grosst ... beit/54381

In France, on the other hand, all (at least all semi-major) airports pledge to stay open even when airlines cancel all flights. Paris airports (ORY and CDG) are closing several terminals and runways, though.
https://www.air-journal.fr/2020-03-19-a ... 18929.html
 
LAXdude1023
Posts: 6193
Joined: Thu Sep 07, 2006 3:16 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:31 pm

jayunited wrote:
At Presidents Trumps press conference today he was asked about airlines and stock buybacks and he took it on directly. He stated what the airlines and other companies did with the huge tax cuts was not what he envisioned. Instead of investing in their employees or building up their company many companies including airlines used that money to do stock buy backs and put that money into the pockets of the wealthy.


Who didnt see that coming besides everyone?
FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BRING BACK THE PAYWALL!!!!
 
SonomaFlyer
Posts: 2231
Joined: Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:47 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:56 pm

greenair727 wrote:
With California and New York State shutting down, will airports be open?


Airports will remain open. What can and hopefully will happen is the state and federal governments will charter airlines to fly medical equipment and supplies to where it is needed. Although the U.S. is getting an incredibly late start, there will be a logistical bottleneck to get the needed supplies and equipment asap to hospitals and clinics.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 4292
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:11 pm

Just a reminder that this forum is for aviation discussion only. Political comments or other discussion related to the virus belong in the Non Aviation Forum.

✈️ atcsundevil
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 8413
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:16 pm

Waterbomber2 wrote:
Airlines can start offering discounts on flights for the far future, ie winter 2020 and spring/summer 2021.
Start selling those now and use proceeds to pay for refunds, conserve cash.


They can also sell gift cards and miles at a discount.
All posts are just opinions.
 
twinotter
Posts: 253
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:13 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:42 pm

greenair727 wrote:
With California and New York State shutting down, will airports be open?


Airports/airlines are considered essential infrastructure and exempt from Executive Order 202.6.
 
User avatar
cjg225
Posts: 1987
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:59 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:24 pm

jayunited wrote:
What you are saying makes no sense whatsoever, an airline is going to take 5 PMC's on one pax-jet freighter to see how it goes?? That makes no sense, since they already know how it works, airlines like AA, DL and UA have more enough experience moving belly cargo. It goes one of two ways, either the airline delivers empty PMC's to the shipper and they build the pallet themselves and truck it to the airport as shipper built the airline flies the cargo delivers it to the next hub's cargo facility where a truck picks up the entire PMC. The other way a truck delivers the goods to the cargo facility and the airline or contract staff builds up the pallets on site, transports it to the aircraft at the destination the cargo facility breaks down the pallet and a trucker takes it away leaving the PMC behind.

A cargo contract is a cargo contract COVID-19 hasn't changed the way cargo is shipped. If an airline like UA can make money utilizing a small portion of their widebody fleet as cargo carriers they will and UA has already done this during this COVID-19 outbreak but make no mistake most of UA's widebodies just like DL and AA's widebodies will be parked not used as cargo-liners. We've had some widebodies with only 30 passengers onboard domestically but a belly full of cargo that needed to be moved. This is already happening but it will never happen on a large scale because a passenger widebody has it limitations on how much cargo can be carried which means there is a limitation on how much revenue an airline can generate from hauling said cargo especially when you are operating in the same area domestically as UPS and FedEx who have the right aircraft for the job.

Yes, just to see how it goes. There is absolutely a difference between dealing with a chartered solution vs. a regularly scheduled service. There are differences in the end-to-end management. UA may not see it as necessarily different here, but the booking-to-delivery experience is not the same.
Restoring Penn State's transportation heritage...
 
Scotron12
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:35 am

BA pilots will take a 50% reduction in pay for April and May. Redundancy talks put on hold.

Some good news I guess.

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus- ... l-11960718
 
Scotron12
Posts: 496
Joined: Fri Mar 01, 2019 2:13 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:24 am

EK to suspend EDI, NCL, STN & LGW and reduce GLA & MAN & BHM to 1 x daily. LHR will see 2 x daily. All flights operated by B777s. To last until June 30.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... ts-2503830
 
tapairbus370
Posts: 244
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 1:37 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:29 am

Why do I keep seeing several flights from european banned countries to the US? Sorry if this was answered here before but it's a long thread. Thank you
 
blandy62
Posts: 311
Joined: Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:47 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:05 am

tapairbus370 wrote:
Why do I keep seeing several flights from european banned countries to the US? Sorry if this was answered here before but it's a long thread. Thank you


The bans is on European citizens to enter the country. But Europeans airlines can still fly to the US, flying US citizens or for cargo purpose....
 
AngelsDecay
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:19 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:34 am

Or to return EU citizens in US to their EU home lands...
"Well be thy one,
and wisdom too.
And grew, and joyed in my growth.
From a word to a word, I was lead to a Wyrd.
From a deed, to another deed."
 
smokeybandit
Posts: 1388
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:24 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:11 am

greenair727 wrote:
With California and New York State shutting down, will airports be open?


Shutdown is all relative. Plenty of things are still open.
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11134
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:28 am

United Airlines now cancels all flights with last flight departing Australia on 25 Mar 20, cancelled through to at least 3 May 20

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... sa-flights

This means all services to the US and Canada with QF, VA, HA, AA, UA, DL and AC are cancelled

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... a-grounded
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
lightsaber
Moderator
Posts: 20282
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:55 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:33 am

Scotron12 wrote:
EK to suspend EDI, NCL, STN & LGW and reduce GLA & MAN & BHM to 1 x daily. LHR will see 2 x daily. All flights operated by B777s. To last until June 30.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... ts-2503830

Wow, that is an amazing capacity cut.

EK/Dubai's resilience will be tested.

Lightsaber
Winter is coming.
 
User avatar
atcsundevil
Moderator
Posts: 4292
Joined: Sat Mar 20, 2010 12:22 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:34 am

qf789 wrote:
United Airlines now cancels all flights with last flight departing Australia on 25 Mar 20, cancelled through to at least 3 May 20

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... sa-flights

This means all services to the US and Canada with QF, VA, HA, AA, UA, DL and AC are cancelled

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... a-grounded

It sounds like the only international flights UA will continue operating through April will be to Central America.
 
User avatar
chepos
Posts: 7273
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2000 9:40 am

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:54 am

atcsundevil wrote:
qf789 wrote:
United Airlines now cancels all flights with last flight departing Australia on 25 Mar 20, cancelled through to at least 3 May 20

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... sa-flights

This means all services to the US and Canada with QF, VA, HA, AA, UA, DL and AC are cancelled

https://www.executivetraveller.com/news ... a-grounded

It sounds like the only international flights UA will continue operating through April will be to Central America.

Per the press release linked in the UA thread, Central American destinations will be suspended. Apparently some MEX turns will operate.

This makes total sense, NOBODY is flying, much less international.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly the Flag!!!!
 
User avatar
XLA2008
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 8:53 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:56 am

I do have one question.... and sorry if it’s been answered here already, but with the “travel” restrictions between Europe and the USA why are flights still going between London and the US and Holland/France etc
“For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return.“
 
ASA
Posts: 1124
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:12 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:11 am

XLA2008 wrote:
I do have one question.... and sorry if it’s been answered here already, but with the “travel” restrictions between Europe and the USA why are flights still going between London and the US and Holland/France etc


please see replies #1391 and #1392
 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Posts: 11134
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:15 am

EasyJet is grounding the majority of its fleet from 24 Mar 20

https://twitter.com/JournoDannyAero/sta ... 69184?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
avier
Posts: 1125
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:38 pm

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:01 am

Air India crew to get hazmat suits .
Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/arti ... aign=cppst

:o

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos