Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Akwagon

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:40 am

Alaska just went to 14 day mandatory quarantine for anyone arriving. Just like Hawaii big deal!!!!!!!!!

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2020/03 ... eaches-36/

Flying-Tiger

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Tue Mar 24, 2020 9:28 am

CH-Aviation has a brief article about Delta:

“We are currently burning roughly USD50 million in cash each day,” Bastian said in a memo to employees, Reuters reported. “Given the underlying damage the virus has created to the overall economy, demand recovery will take an extended period once the virus is contained.”

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/88050-delta-obtains-26bn-credit-facility-burning-50mn-a-day

I guess the mentioned sum will be echoed by UA and AA, and soon by WN.

However, the sentence in bold is the more important message, clearly pointing out recovery being a) far away and b) going to take a long time.
Flown: A319/320/321,A332/3,A343/346, A359, A380,AT4,AT7,B712, B732/3/4/5/7/8/9,B742/4,B752/3, B762/763,B772/77W,CR2/7/9/K,ER3/4,E70/75/90/95, F50/70/100,M11,L15,SF3,S20, AR8/1, 142/143,... 330.860 miles and counting.

LNCS0930

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:08 am

kipfilet wrote:
Major airlines drafting plans to voluntarily shut down all domestic flights
https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-domest ... eakingnews

In my mind the train has left the station on this one happening. You're now already a week or more into some of the individualized state shutdowns which might be lifted by 4/1 or 4/5 or 4/10. If you are going to pull the trigger on this as a carrier it has to be in the next 2-3 days probably. Add in that the big 3 have been starting to run cargo flights or charter flights for various personnel and medical professionals might need to be moved between cities to aid with care I still think its unlikely.

SwissCanuck

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:56 am

LNCS0930 wrote:
kipfilet wrote:

In my mind the train has left the station on this one happening. You're now already a week or more into some of the individualized state shutdowns which might be lifted by 4/1 or 4/5 or 4/10. If you are going to pull the trigger on this as a carrier it has to be in the next 2-3 days probably. Add in that the big 3 have been starting to run cargo flights or charter flights for various personnel and medical professionals might need to be moved between cities to aid with care I still think its unlikely.

Watching american news would be funny right now if it wasn't so scary. If they lift the restrictions on those dates there's going to be a lot of medical diversions...

Aceskywalker

Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:01 am

For better or worse those restrictions aren’t going to stay in place or be extended. There’s major pushback from all sorts of places, of which can be appropriately discussed elsewhere.

I worry that the lifting/expiration on said restrictions will send a false message of “everything is alright” and these jets become high speed disease vectors.

carlokiii

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:21 pm

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/a ... 24mar20-43

Philippine Airlines will be suspending all scheduled international flights starting 26 March 2020, effectively ending all scheduled flights of Philippine-based passenger airlines.

Cebu Pacific has earlier suspended all scheduled flights last 19 March, followed by Philippine AirAsia last 20 March.

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:35 pm

Was still in Indonesia today and saw many flights are cancelled as well. Nearly all International flights from/to CGK is cancelled today.
If it's not Boeing, I'm not going!

Scirocco

Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:48 pm

The airlines that I am working with has stop it's operation due to one of it's staff has been tested positive of COVID-19. Now we are all quarantined at home for 14 days. This really sucks.

mia977

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:02 pm

With all the flight cancellations to South America what's happening with the high value and time sensitive cargo normally carried by American and other passenger carriers. I remember AA used to send a lot of high value and time sensitive shipments south like aircraft parts, currency and pharmaceuticals. For the return northbound legs they used to carry a lot of perishables like salmon and fresh flowers plus high value shipments like gold and currency. Are any passenger aircraft flying cargo only. Are the South American countries still allowing cargo only airlines like UPS, FEDEX and Lan Cargo in? Note to Chile - please don't stop sending us fresh salmon (the frozen stuff sucks)!

SamYeager2016

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:03 pm

https://en.about.aegeanair.com/media-center/press-releases/2020/aegean-temporarily-suspends-its-international-network-flights-as-of-26-march-and-up-until-30-april/

Aegean will be suspending the majority of international flights from 26 March and up until 30 April. The only exceptions are some weekly flights from Athens to Brussels.

factsonly

Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:51 pm

mia977 wrote:
With all the flight cancellations to South America what's happening with the high value and time sensitive cargo normally carried by American and other passenger carriers.

Here is an example of what is happening on Latin American flights to/from Europe.

KLM is operating its B77W as 'Freighters' between Europe and Latin America for high value shippers, that are willing to pay the price.

- 23 Mar 2020 AMS - UIO B77W PH-BVO Landed 15:52
- 23 Mar 2020 UIO - GYE B77W PH-BVO Landed 18:15
- 23 Mar 2020 GYE - AMS B77W PH-BVO Landed 13:05

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/kl753

sabby

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:03 pm

Flying-Tiger wrote:
CH-Aviation has a brief article about Delta:

“We are currently burning roughly USD50 million in cash each day,” Bastian said in a memo to employees, Reuters reported. “Given the underlying damage the virus has created to the overall economy, demand recovery will take an extended period once the virus is contained.”

https://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/88050-delta-obtains-26bn-credit-facility-burning-50mn-a-day

I guess the mentioned sum will be echoed by UA and AA, and soon by WN.

However, the sentence in bold is the more important message, clearly pointing out recovery being a) far away and b) going to take a long time.

If that figure is indeed true (50m per day is 18B+, a massive number just to have employees on payroll with zero flying time - their 2019 payroll expenses was 11.23B and that is with crews flying full time), they can still afford to sit idle 60 days with their cash reserve as per the 2019 report. As far as I know, DL own most if not all of their aircraft. For other airlines who rely on leasing, Govt. should step in to extend the lease terms by 2-3 months according to how long this situation last. Blanket bail out shouldn't happen for all Airlines, at best loan at zero interest could be provided for selected routes and frequency to enable the airlines start operating on crucial routes. That bail out money can be well spent on many other places (including small and medium businesses) to stabilize the economy and to fund unemployment for people impacted.

Clackers

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:04 pm

Can't believe how or why Malaysia is being spared of this virus. Everywhere else in ASEAN is basically under lock down, yet in Malaysia coronavirus seems more rare than a tiger than KL. Maybe some good news for MH for once.

mxaxai

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:18 pm

sabby wrote:
As far as I know, DL own most if not all of their aircraft. For other airlines who rely on leasing, Govt. should step in to extend the lease terms by 2-3 months according to how long this situation last. Blanket bail out shouldn't happen for all Airlines, at best loan at zero interest could be provided for selected routes and frequency to enable the airlines start operating on crucial routes.

Even companies that own their equipment usually have to pay debt. Also, the leasing companies would be stupid to assume that they can gain anything from a company like AA going bankrupt. Who else would take their ~1000 aircraft in these economic circumstances? The lessors will have to negotiate with airlines about payment deferrals, and also with their own financiers.

kipfilet

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:32 pm

LNCS0930 wrote:
kipfilet wrote:

I wouldn't be so sure about predictions on these uncertain times. A couple weeks ago, people on Part I of this thread laughed at me when I said that we could see major US airlines filing for bankruptcy in Q2 of this year.

giblets

Tue Mar 24, 2020 2:34 pm

Parents tried to catch the EZY flight FAO-LGW today, flight was delayed approx 12hrs while they worked out how to meet the current social distancing rules as the flight was full, needless to say, they are no longer on that flight.
146, ATR72, Q400, Saab 340, PA-46 Jetprop, Jetstream, E175/195, 707/727/737/747/757/767/777, DC-3/9/10, MD-11/80, A300/310/319/320/321/330/340/350/380 Tristar, BAC 1-11, Trident, Chipmunk, Bell 206/222, Chinook, Puma, Cessna 172, Fokker 70, 100, SRN4!

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:06 pm

LNCS0930 wrote:
kipfilet wrote:

In reality, from the standpoint of controlling an epidemic or pandemic, this is fixing the barn door after the horse has come home. A total suspension of all domestic and international flights and Amtrak service should have been done over a month ago, if not longer. Any virologist knows and would tell you that what has happened is exactly what they've known would happen for a long time...with global air travel what it now is, any virus (God forbid it's ever anything as lethal as Ebola) would start spreading worldwide in a matter of hours. The governments of the entire world are to blame for this spreading, and hopefully a VERY serious lesson is being learned from this so that when it happens again, and it will (and next time it could be something as lethal as Ebola), it's handled differently.
Try a Little VC-10derness

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Aceskywalker wrote:
For better or worse those restrictions aren’t going to stay in place or be extended. There’s major pushback from all sorts of places, of which can be appropriately discussed elsewhere.

I worry that the lifting/expiration on said restrictions will send a false message of “everything is alright” and these jets become high speed disease vectors.

You said it. Spot on. God help us all.

asuflyer

Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:41 pm

China Eastern is removing seats from some A330's, so the cabin can be filled with cargo. A fully loaded an A330 can carry up over a million masks.

Source China Aviation Review
https://twitter.com/ChinaAvReview/statu ... 2151843840

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:51 pm

asuflyer wrote:
China Eastern is removing seats from some A330's, so the cabin can be filled with cargo. A fully loaded an A330 can carry up over a million masks.

With all the posts/talk about airlines using pax aircraft for all-cargo flights, I'm sure MU isn't the only one doing/going to do this so they can carry more than just belly-cargo. Helps the world and the airline itself (in earning at least some revenue) in one swoop as it sure seems cargo is/should be a booming business at this time.

32andBelow

Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:55 pm

cathay747 wrote:
asuflyer wrote:

With all the posts/talk about airlines using pax aircraft for all-cargo flights, I'm sure MU isn't the only one doing/going to do this so they can carry more than just belly-cargo. Helps the world and the airline itself (in earning at least some revenue) in one swoop as it sure seems cargo is/should be a booming business at this time.

It would be pretty hard for a US airline to get approval to do this.

readytotaxi

Re: COVID-19 News and Reference Thread

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:10 pm

BA179 LHR-JFK left an hour early, guess very few showed up.

https://www.flightradar24.com/BAW179/2443bd99
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!
Growing older, but not up.

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:22 pm

32andBelow wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
asuflyer wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I can't think of...why? In fact, why would they even need any kind of "approval"? All that's going on is removing seats and carrying strapped-down bulk cargo in a now-empty-cabin. It would have to be low-density stuff that doesn't weigh too much, like masks, because I do of course realize pax aircraft floors aren't built & certified to carry heavy palletized cargo, and the airlines certainly know what the weight limit is.
Last edited by cathay747 on Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetmatt777

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:24 pm

cathay747 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
cathay747 wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I can't think of...why? In fact, why would they even need any kind of "approval"? All that's going on is removing seats and carrying strapped-down bulk cargo in a now-empty-cabin.

There has to be a procedure for it. If your airline doesn't have a procedure for loading, securing, and placing that weight appropriately in the weight manifest you can't do it. So you may need a waiver or temporary approval from your government to do so.

cathay747

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:27 pm

jetmatt777 wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:

I hope this isn't a dumb question, but I can't think of...why? In fact, why would they even need any kind of "approval"? All that's going on is removing seats and carrying strapped-down bulk cargo in a now-empty-cabin.

There has to be a procedure for it. If your airline doesn't have a procedure for loading, securing, and placing that weight appropriately in the weight manifest you can't do it. So you may need a waiver or temporary approval from your government to do so.

Ah OK. Your reply beat my edit above, but still mostly answers my query. Thanks.

SQ22

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:28 pm

To avoid deletion, please provide a link to your source when posting news. Thanks.

LightningZ71

Tue Mar 24, 2020 5:45 pm

From what I was told in the cargo thread, Not only could a US carrier not get approval to carry cargo in a passenger plane above deck if the seats were removed, they couldn't even get approval to remove seats and fly the plane with only half its normal seats to save on cabin crew costs and weight when they are flying sub 50% load factors and mainly operating for cargo revenue. It apparently has something to do with the fact that the plane wasn't "certified to operate in that configuration". Now, this seems to be somewhat refuted by some of the past reconfigurations that we've seen where seat counts were changed on planes during "reconfigurations" or "interior overhauls", but, I may be missing where that new configuration was certified at the cost of millions and millions of dollars to the company. So, I guess we don't fully know.

Miamiairport

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:17 pm

LightningZ71 wrote:
From what I was told in the cargo thread, Not only could a US carrier not get approval to carry cargo in a passenger plane above deck if the seats were removed, they couldn't even get approval to remove seats and fly the plane with only half its normal seats to save on cabin crew costs and weight when they are flying sub 50% load factors and mainly operating for cargo revenue. It apparently has something to do with the fact that the plane wasn't "certified to operate in that configuration". Now, this seems to be somewhat refuted by some of the past reconfigurations that we've seen where seat counts were changed on planes during "reconfigurations" or "interior overhauls", but, I may be missing where that new configuration was certified at the cost of millions and millions of dollars to the company. So, I guess we don't fully know.

AS has (or had) 734s that were half cargo, half paxs. I don't see other airlines going through that expense for something that isn't going to be forever. No one can firmly predict what air travel might be like in 6 months. But if more on the bleak side older a/c will get parked, new deliveries will be stopped, some a/c will be returned to the leasor and smaller airlines will be forced out of business. Also the ULCC model might not survive.

TMccrury

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:25 pm

I was scheduled on a flight from RIC-LGA-BGR tomorrow and DL emailed me yesterday morning with a cancellation notice. It was the LGA-BGR segment that was cancelled and when searching for options, there were no scheduled flights in the near future for me to get to BGR on DL. Its a rough time in Aviation.

BHfence

Re: JFK Terminal Consolidation

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:25 pm

mkorpal333 wrote:
BHfence wrote:
Could UA get back into JFK now that traffic went off a cliff?

I'm going to guess UA has higher priorities right now.

Right now that's true. But eventually, things will begin to revert back. "buying the dip" so to speak might be a good play.
Last edited by BHfence on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kevertje

Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:36 pm

factsonly wrote:
mia977 wrote:
With all the flight cancellations to South America what's happening with the high value and time sensitive cargo normally carried by American and other passenger carriers.

Here is an example of what is happening on Latin American flights to/from Europe.

KLM is operating its B77W as 'Freighters' between Europe and Latin America for high value shippers, that are willing to pay the price.

- 23 Mar 2020 AMS - UIO B77W PH-BVO Landed 15:52
- 23 Mar 2020 UIO - GYE B77W PH-BVO Landed 18:15
- 23 Mar 2020 GYE - AMS B77W PH-BVO Landed 13:05

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/kl753

Isn't this the regular KL753 rotation ?
KLM is also operating the KLM Cargo 747 , currently en route from EZE to UIO.

blueflyer

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:21 pm

CXH wrote:
sandyb123 wrote:
Anyone know why there are three TUI 737's coming back to Brussels from the US right now? Doesn't seem like the perfect time to bring aircraft out of storage and they don't operate those routes regularly? Repatriation flights?

https://fr24.com/JAF016F/24426f66
https://fr24.com/JAF018F/24426ad3
https://fr24.com/JAF017F/24426f09

Sandyb123

Like the Sunwing flights mentioned upthread on the same page (page 34), I speculate these are seasonal sub-lease returns. Except the "returns" are early this year.

Correct on the speculation. Early winter lease returns from Miami Air. These birds will join the rest of the TUI fleet awaiting better days on taxiways and aprons in BRU...

blueflyer

Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:25 pm

kevertje wrote:
Isn't this the regular KL753 rotation ?
KLM is also operating the KLM Cargo 747 , currently en route from EZE to UIO.

Scheduled passenger flight carrying cargo only. Several airlines are running passenger flights on their "normal" schedule but with freight only e.g. AA, UA, BA, CX. Tangentially covered in this thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1442899

RyanairGuru

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:09 pm

LightningZ71 wrote:

That's correct. For US registered carriers, changing the seating configuration, installing a new seat model or making any other changes will require a "supplementary type certificate" from the FAA. Airlines absolutely have to go through the process of having the new interior certified.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

NYCVIE

Re: JFK Terminal Consolidation

Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:29 pm

BHfence wrote:
mkorpal333 wrote:
BHfence wrote:
Could UA get back into JFK now that traffic went off a cliff?

I'm going to guess UA has higher priorities right now.

Right now that's true. But eventually, things will begin to revert back. "buying the dip" so to speak might be a good play.

If UA is fighting for survival pleading with the government for a bailout, I'm not sure this is the time to be making power plays at JFK. I get what you're saying though.

zeke

Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:32 pm

Virgin Australia to cut 90% of its flight, Tiger Air to cease flying.

Standing down 8000 staff

Source : https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20200325/ ... y2pwh1.pdf
Human rights lawyers are "ambulance chasers of the very worst kind.'" - Sky News

aemoreira1981

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:22 am

El Al is ceasing all flights (scheduled) except to Paris, London Heathrow, and New York (JFK and EWR). https://www.elal.com/en/About-ELAL/Abou ... iners.aspx

However, El Al, along with Arkia and Israir, continues to operate rescue flights to bring stranded Israelis back home. One should be operating to BOG tomorrow as LY41. https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-di ... ckpackers/ (I suspect that that plane will need to make a tech stop somewhere else for fuel on the way back, possibly LIM, to pick up the 25 or so passengers that LY couldn't fit on its 4 B789 convoy before.)

As for Turkish Airlines, they are suspending all non-domestic services except to:

ADD: B739(ER), 2-5 weekly
HKG: B789, 2 weekly
IAD: B789, 6 weekly to daily
JFK: B789, 2-3 daily
VNO: A321/A21N/A333/B738 mix

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-24mar20/

I'm actually surprised that the B789 instead of the A333 is the aircraft of choice (HKG and JFK are almost the same distance from IST, and an A333 with slim passenger loads should easily make IAD even if ATL is the declared alternate). Theoretically, everything could be flown with an A333 on a reduced frequency.
Last edited by aemoreira1981 on Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Elementalism

Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:48 am

My job is near MSP. Saw all the heavies parked out near 494. Sad sight to see.

United787

Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:56 am

Question: United cancelled my ORD-PLS-ORD trip in April due to the Coronavirus. They have no flights to PLS on those days from any airport. So they can no longer take me to the destination I paid for on the day I paid to go. We called to request a refund and they said they will only give a credit towards future travel. WTF! Is this legal in the Contract of Carriage? I am not an attorney and I don't have time to read the contract anyway. But, I was shocked.

atcsundevil

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:13 am

United787 wrote:
Question: United cancelled my ORD-PLS-ORD trip in April due to the Coronavirus. They have no flights to PLS on those days from any airport. So they can no longer take me to the destination I paid for on the day I paid to go. We called to request a refund and they said they will only give a credit towards future travel. WTF! Is this legal in the Contract of Carriage? I am not an attorney and I don't have time to read the contract anyway. But, I was shocked.

This article could help point you in the right direction. Airlines are essentially trying to avoid giving refunds to prevent a cash crunch, so in many cases, they're flat out deceiving customers into thinking they aren't entitled to a refund when they are.

https://onemileatatime.com/cancelling-f ... ronavirus/

United787

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:19 am

[quote="atcsundevil"][/quote]

Thank you!

Reddevil556

Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:40 am

Elementalism wrote:
My job is near MSP. Saw all the heavies parked out near 494. Sad sight to see.

Haven’t been by 494 in a few days, but about a week ago it was full of various heavies.
Jumped out of: C130H, C130J, C17A, C212, CH47, and UH60. Bucket list: C160, A400, C2

Antaras

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:17 am

Bamboo Airways flight QH9061 is flying from Hanoi to Prague, carrying medical aids as Vietnamese government's gift to Czech.
The 787-9 will then came back from PRG, bringing 280 Vietnamese citizens back home.
QH's official statement here.
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Flyawa

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:12 am

OptimusPrime315 wrote:
Please keep responses aviation only.

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints chartered 6 Delta operated planes to escort back 1500-1600 missionaries from the Philippines back to the US and Canada due to COVID-19. 5 went to SLC while the sixth with to Canada somewhere. Flights were operated on 3/21 to MNL and 3/22 back to the US/Canada.
To MNL - To SLC - Aircraft - Tail #
DL8835 - DL8871 - 77L - N708DN
DL8836 - DL8872 - 77E - N866DA
DL8837 - DL8873 - 339 - N402DX
DL8853 - DL8874 - 359 - N509DN
DL8854 - DL8875 - 333 - N829NW

All flights to MNL were empty and stopped in NRT. Returning flights 71-74 stopped in NRT, while 75 laid over in HND due to curfew in NRT (so I was told).

Great Circle Mapper puts the distance between MNL and SLC at 7342 miles or 11,816 km granting a perfect route.

My question is why did DL not fly all the aircraft directly to MNL from SEA or LAX? Fairly empty I am assuming the range of the 333 and 339 (7000-7200 miles) increases significantly. Then on the return why not fly the 77L, 77E, and A359 direct? Easily within range of those three aircraft.

I fly to MNL about every other month for the past 4-5 years. Been going through NRT the whole time and about to start going through ICN. So I get the distance, but PAL goes MNL-LAX and SFO and I believe YVR with their 77Ws. If anything being a charter and not connecting any passengers in Japan and if you really need a layover to refuel, why not go to HNL then to SLC? Tailwinds?

Just tracked ET8705, B788, that arrived SLC Mar 24 at 932pm from Joburg SA. It was airborne 21 hours, with 2 refueling stops in Togo and Wash DC, for a total trip time of 27 hours.

The Church is bringing 12,000 missionaries back to US/Canada.

SLC is now enforcing COVID social distancing, after hundreds of family and friends greeted the 1000+ arriving Sunday on the Delta charters. They were told by the Church and airport authority that only parents could pickup each missionary and to stay in their cars in the parking garage, while the missionary was escorted out to them. However, the excited throng swarmed on foot with signs, banners, and balloons, to cheer each missionary coming out of the terminal. Local social media went livid about the lack of obedience to the protocol. The missionaries and families are requested to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Better than most, not as good as some.

BKKA350

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 am

BKKA350

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:30 am

Thai Airasia suspends international flights.
https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/18 ... al-flights

factsonly

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am

EMIRATES SkyCargo announces a network of dedicated B77W passenger 'Freighter' services around the world:

Due to this unprecedented situation, Emirates SkyCargo has created a dedicated passenger 777 ER (cargo only) network to cater to our customers’ logistics needs. This is in addition to our existing robust scheduled freighter network.

https://www.skycargo.com/media/2218/emi ... h-2020.pdf

Armodeen

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 am

UK government refuses industry wide bailout for the airlines. Inevitable that some will fold. Massive news.
https://www.headforpoints.com/2020/03/2 ... drop-dead/

PANAMsterdam

Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:16 am

Who could imagine 1 year ago, that there are currently only 5 EK flights in the air when i check FR24! 4 inbound: EK262, EK238, EK230, EK409 and 1 outbound: EK9319. Probably repatriation flight?

Also, there is one Pobeda flight (DP887) from VKO on its way to Dubai that suddenly started to circle above the Black Sea at 37.000 feet. Might they have been refused permission to land at DXB?
Every country has an airline. The world has Pan Am.