Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wexfordflyer

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:47 pm

PA727 wrote:
Miamiairport wrote:
Not everything can be done remote. The airlines seem to be trying to practice the measures put on others, made much easier with 10%-20% load factors.

Yes, and thanks for the measured response. Seems like there are overreactions on both sides. My job happens to be one considered essential, so each day, all day, I am in public and surrounded by MANY people who are out - of all ages, both by necessity and by choice. This is my job, and I accept it and the risks that come with it. I would guess those who complain about people being out would also be glad I'm out as well.

With that said, while the airlines are still flying and trying to gain whatever revenue they can, should I decide to fly on my day off, it is my concern. Where does one draw the line? I'm already out there, as are many others who are making the choice to fly. Most, if not all, geographically large countries are still maintaining some level of air travel within their borders, so I wouldn't be so quick to call this an "American" thing. When I am home, I live alone and am not a threat to others. When I am in public, both for work and by choice, I follow all CDC protocols as best as possible.

Late last week, I did fly, and it was by choice. Not only did I follow precautions, but I would submit my chances of either catching - or transmitting - the virus were far less than what I face on a daily basis. For about 95% of the time, I was easily able to maintain social distancing suggestions, given the lack of people traveling.

While this may sound like equivocating or justifying to some, the intention is to point out there is no black and white, even during these times. Absolutist views on both sides have gotten us into much of this trouble, yet we continue. How well has yelling at the side we disagree with worked? As long as planes are flying, there will be some segment of the population flying.

We are all in this thing together, and I choose to thank those who are willingly help keep whatever we can of society functioning, while urging all of those who are in high risk groups or otherwise choose to isolate to do so as well. There will always be uncaring people out there, in both their actions AND their words.

You have made your point in a very calm and measured manner but, with all respect, your having a choice is not the point. Just because you have to be in public for your work does not mean you can ignore the rest of the advice. You may feel you are already at risk, and yes you are. All the more reason why you should stay at home when it is possible. Because the risk is that you will pass the virus on to others, and with you having to be in public you are more at risk of having it. So you are one of the people who should be following the advice even more strictly!

This is the problem with this, people simply do not understand the impact of this and the impact they can have, and feel like they don't have their part to play.

The guidelines and recommendations are not there for sport. They are there for the benefit of all of our society.

You're right. We are all in this thing together. And we should do so by heeding the advice and not ignoring it.

I don't believe you have been acting selfishly, but I think you need to rethink your decisions now going forward. You have a part to play.
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

ZazuPIT

Re: Coronavirus Aviation Related News & Discussion Thread - March 2020 - Part II

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:02 am

FlyHappy wrote:
ZazuPIT wrote:
zkeoj wrote:

Americans as a whole are arrogant and selfish. People think they can fly and not be affected. Given the exponential increase in cases, people should not fly unless it is vital. Young people think they are bullet proof, but they aren't.

Reconsider your generalization.
Those 90%+ unoccuppied seats on American aircraft were to be occupied by people who did choose to stay at home. See the post directly above.
You're on an aviation enthusiast site judging based a few anecdotal accounts.

Sorry but it's nor a generalization. I've been to all six continents in my 50+ years of flying. Americans have a reputation for a reason. Many of us think we are the only nation that matters on this planet. It certainly isn't people my age acting like spoiled brats.

ltbewr

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:39 am

I think all passengers flying at this time should subject to a government 'need to fly' rule, requiring a statement from an employer or a government agency saying they are truly essential skilled persons needing to travel, even to purchase a ticket. We sure don't need selfish dolts on flights looking for mileage and going for a super cheap fare.
Last edited by ltbewr on Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

IADFCO

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:06 am

Aircellist wrote:
PANAMsterdam wrote:
Can we please be kind to one another? There are enough bad things going on right now.

Let's be friends, not enemies.

Here's a picture of a smiling plane!

And now back on-topic! :)

Thanks, PANAMsterdam.

Catch our smile...
our supersmile...
P-S-A...

brought back nice memories (much needed these days)
thank you

Airlinerguy

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:13 am

Fact is, if you have a choice in the matter whether to fly or not to fly and you decide to fly, you're being irresponsible and dismissive. You're allowing for further transmission of the virus.
There's alot of ongoing trauma around this virus and some people don't seem to get that!

N212R

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:39 am

CRJ200flyer wrote:

What was his health history and did he have pre-existing conditions? We don't even know if it was Covid-19, though likely.

How many active US flight attendant's die DAILY from one thing or another?

Any loss of life is terrible but perspective isn't an option at CNN.

Waterbomber2

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:04 am

I'm having a déja-vu.

While the rest of the world grounds its aircraft, US airlines peddle on.
Yes, the MAX pre-grounding situation, with airlines pretending that it was all safe even though hindsight tells us that they had no clue what was going on.

A question to the US administration.
With New York now surpassing any hotspot in Europe, including Northern Italy in terms of numbers of infections, does it still make sense to allow New Yorkers fly to everywhere else in the US, while banning Europeans from area's where there are barely any reported infections, from travelling to the U.S.?
I don't see how that makes sense.

Please ground passengers flights to protect crews, ground staff.
Revert to cargo and special missions.

For instance, why not help NYC a hand by flying patients to other area's where there are barely any cases and plenty of hospital capacity?
= Revenue + pride of helping for airlines and aircrews
Airlines should be applying for FAA waivers to remove cabin seats and make interior modifications to carry patients.

Newark727

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:12 am

So an update on my question earlier in the thread - it wasn't a glitch, Interjet ferried a total of four Airbuses to Chino, California (CNO) via Tuscon today, along with a couple others to Goodyear. I don't think I've ever heard of passenger jets being stored at CNO before - I'd at least expect SBD to fill up first. Anyone know if that's why they're there?

kevertje

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:44 am

Delta flying ORD-AMS on DL3346 with B777 now.
UA is flying 2 B777W EWR-AMS at the moment, UA2814 and UA2781.
All cargo or picking up Americans to get back ?

Ishrion

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:48 am

kevertje wrote:
Delta flying ORD-AMS on DL3346 with B777 now.
UA is flying 2 B777W EWR-AMS at the moment, UA2814 and UA2781.
All cargo or picking up Americans to get back ?

Delta's an all cargo.

https://news.delta.com/delta-cargo-char ... e-moving-0

Also Tuesday, Delta dispatched two Boeing 777-200LRs to from Los Angeles to Sydney, Australia, with more than 80 tons of cargo. A cargo flight from Chicago to Amsterdam to deliver U.S. mail is expected later this week.

MartijnNL

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:32 am

cathay747 wrote:
Just look at the idiots in Kentucky who threw a "Coronavirus Party" as a defiance/civil disobedience act against all the social distancing/stay-at-home warnings/orders, and then one of them was diagnosed with it afterward.

Some youngsters who attented a similar event in Belgium are now on life support. They wanted to have one last party before their country went in lockdown the following day. It might well have been their last party ever.

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:44 am

Another day with some unusual Latam flights:

- JJ9454 GRU-LAX B77W (PT-MUE)

- LA1102 GRU-LAX B789 (CC-BGK)

- LA1130 GRU-LAX B788 (CC-BBI)

Does anyone know why 3 flights to LAX? It's the second day this is happening.

MareBorealis

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:39 am

Today 27 March Finnair is operating AY07/08 HEL-MIA-HEL (A359), repatriation flights both ways.

grjplanes

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:42 am

geoshina wrote:

It looks like Latam is also scheduling a flight routing GRU-JNB-DPS return over the next few days sometime...will it be to repatriate citizens from Bali...apparently some Brazilian tourists also stuck in South Africa, lockdown in South Africa started today, no flights.

dampfnudel

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:55 am

I just noticed that DL has 4 aircraft (all A333) on their way to SCL from ATL. The first aircraft will be landing shortly. Are these flights picking up a large number of stranded Americans in Chile or is there another reason?
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5

panamair

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:10 am

dampfnudel wrote:
I just noticed that DL has 4 aircraft (all A333) on their way to SCL from ATL. The first aircraft will be landing shortly. Are these flights picking up a large number of stranded Americans in Chile or is there another reason?

These are repatriation flights to bring back Mormon missionaries SCL-SLC, like the MNL-TYO-SLC charters they did earlier this week.

Sat 28 March:
DL8872 SCL 0700 SLC 1535 N822NW
DL8873 SCL 0900 SLC 1735 N823NW
DL8874 SCL 1100 SLC 1935 N827NW
DL8875 SCL 1300 SLC 2135 N825NW

Aceskywalker

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:21 am

Newark727 wrote:
So an update on my question earlier in the thread - it wasn't a glitch, Interjet ferried a total of four Airbuses to Chino, California (CNO) via Tuscon today, along with a couple others to Goodyear. I don't think I've ever heard of passenger jets being stored at CNO before - I'd at least expect SBD to fill up first. Anyone know if that's why they're there?

That is quite strange. Of all the places to park a jet in the US and Mexico, a GA airport in an LA suburb is the best for them?

blueflyer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:26 am

ro1960 wrote:
• Luxair, Air France, Air France Hop: flights operated from Terminal 2F

• Air Transat, Air Arabia Egypt, Air Arabia Maroc, Air Cairo, Alba Star, Blue Air, Enter Air, Fly Egypt, Freebird Airline, Jet2.com, Nouvelair, Smartwings, SunExpress, TUI Fly Belgium, Tunisair: flights operated from Terminal 1

• Vueling, Level, Iberia Express: flights operated from Terminal 2D

• ASL Airlines: flights operated from Terminal 2A and Terminal 2D

Going to be even emptier than this list implies. Air Arabia Egypt, Air Cairo, Fly Egypt, Jet2.com, Luxair, Nouvelair, TUI Fly Belgium, and Tunisair are grounded either of their own volition or in accordance with a decision from their respective government. The list may be even longer as I don't know the status of a few charter operators...

Air Arabia Maroc is still flying but the Moroccan government has banned all fights to/from France.

TC957

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:35 am

Attn SYD spotters - LOT 789 on it's way to you ( 01.45 am arrival though....)

ro1960

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:49 am

blueflyer wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

• Air Transat, Air Arabia Egypt, Air Arabia Maroc, Air Cairo, Alba Star, Blue Air, Enter Air, Fly Egypt, Freebird Airline, Jet2.com, Nouvelair, Smartwings, SunExpress, TUI Fly Belgium, Tunisair: flights operated from Terminal 1

Going to be even emptier than this list implies. Air Arabia Egypt, Air Cairo, Fly Egypt, Jet2.com, Luxair, Nouvelair, TUI Fly Belgium, and Tunisair are grounded either of their own volition or in accordance with a decision from their respective government. The list may be even longer as I don't know the status of a few charter operators...

Air Arabia Maroc is still flying but the Moroccan government has banned all fights to/from France.

Looking at FR24 this morning I see two flights showing as "Scheduled" for Air Arabia Maroc. Maybe repatriation flights.
You may like my airport photos:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/aeroports

wexfordflyer

Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:35 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:
I'm having a déja-vu.

Yes, the MAX pre-grounding situation, with airlines pretending that it was all safe even though hindsight tells us that they had no clue what was going on.

With New York now surpassing any hotspot in Europe, including Northern Italy in terms of numbers of infections, does it still make sense to allow New Yorkers fly to everywhere else in the US, while banning Europeans from area's where there are barely any reported infections, from travelling to the U.S.?

For instance, why not help NYC a hand by flying patients to other area's where there are barely any cases and plenty of hospital capacity?
Airlines should be applying for FAA waivers to remove cabin seats and make interior modifications to carry patients.

That's an excellent point! Well made.

Germany has started taking some of Italy's ICU cases as they are over capacity. Thats support from other countries.
The US was very quick to close off to Europe (and it probably was the right decision), but has a different view when it's within it's own borders.

Aviation has a huge part to play in getting us through this crisis, through cargo, medical supplies, and as you suggest perhaps bringing patients to where they can get the care.
But what's needed first is acceptance of how big this really is!
Come with me, there's a place I want you to see, where the leaves are dark, I've got a hiding place in central park.

ZazuPIT

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:46 pm

Aceskywalker wrote:
Newark727 wrote:

That is quite strange. Of all the places to park a jet in the US and Mexico, a GA airport in an LA suburb is the best for them?

Lower fees perhaps?

smokeybandit

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:50 pm

Several states are forcing mandatory quarantines of NY residents entering.

FluidFlow

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 pm

According to the BBC, BHX could become a temporary mortuary. There are cooling facilities in the cargo area.

bennett123

Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:25 pm

12:54
Birmingham Airport could become emergency mortuary

Getty Images
Copyright: Getty Images
Birmingham Airport could be used as a temporary mortuary for up to 12,000 bodies in a worst-case coronavirus scenario after talks with several local councils.
The site - which would initially have space for 2,500 bodies, increasing if needed - includes a cargo hub, with hangars on the opposite side of the airstrip from the two passenger terminals.
Deputy leader of Sandwell Council Wasim Ali said: “In reality, we have to prepare for the worst.
“We really don’t want to have to use it, but if we do, then it’ll be available.”
A Birmingham Airport spokesperson said: “We have been in discussions with the authorities and we will of course cooperate to find a suitable location and help where we can to suport the fightback against this pandemic.”
The UK government is making £1.6bn available to councils to deal with pressures on existing services.

Further details.

prchan

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:28 pm

geoshina wrote:

I am also curious to know. None of those planes departed from LAX yet.
That makes 2 77W, 1 789 and 3 788 LA's at LAX...

Aceskywalker

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:46 pm

CC-BBF (one of the 787-8s) is in the air supposedly making its way back to SCL per FR24 as LAN111.

Still find it strange with the amount of idle LATAM widebodies at LAX, especially the Brazilian registered 77Ws which are not a usual visitor. And that they all came from GRU which has no normal scheduled service is further puzzling.

Has there been anything about repatriation flights to/from South America? A quick internet search of Chile and repatriation only show discussions about the LX mission. Or maybe LATAM is joining the latest trend of utilizing their widebody passenger jets for some high yield / essential cargo?

32andBelow

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:51 pm

panamair wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:

These are repatriation flights to bring back Mormon missionaries SCL-SLC, like the MNL-TYO-SLC charters they did earlier this week.

Sat 28 March:

It’s insane how many missionaries they have in these places.

trex8

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:45 pm

32andBelow wrote:
panamair wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:

Sat 28 March:

Every young Mormon between 18 and 25 is expected to serve18-24 months as a missionary.

TSA125

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:07 pm

MU is back online flying PVG-ORD as of today.

Can't imagine the load factors are too good, but they've unsurprisingly been flying several daily cargo flights to PVG both nonstop and via ANC.
No not that TSA.

dcajet

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:30 pm

geoshina wrote:
Yesterday 3 Latam flights departed out of GRU to LAX. It must be related to the COVID-19 situation.

- LA1132 - GRU-LAX - B788 (CC-BBE)

- JJ9452 - GRU-LAX - B777 (PT-MUG)

- LA1006 - GRU-LAX - B788 (CC-BBF)

Both 788s are flying back to SCL; repatriation flights, perhaps? The 77W is at LAX since this AM.
Keep calm and wash your hands.

dcajet

Fri Mar 27, 2020 6:36 pm

Aceskywalker wrote:
CC-BBF (one of the 787-8s) is in the air supposedly making its way back to SCL per FR24 as LAN111.

Still find it strange with the amount of idle LATAM widebodies at LAX, especially the Brazilian registered 77Ws which are not a usual visitor. And that they all came from GRU which has no normal scheduled service is further puzzling.

Has there been anything about repatriation flights to/from South America? A quick internet search of Chile and repatriation only show discussions about the LX mission. Or maybe LATAM is joining the latest trend of utilizing their widebody passenger jets for some high yield / essential cargo?

Most South American large airlines have been running repatriation flights. AR had quite a few from MAD, MIA, CUN & BOG. LATAM Argentina, Flybondi, and some foreign airlines such as IB, AF, QR, G3, LA Chile & LA Brazil have been running repatriation flights over the past few days. The Argentinian government has suspended them for good and the country's borders are closed. As a matter of fact, AR's last repatriation flight is in the air now, AR1371 CUN-EZE, operated by A332 LV-GKP.

https://www.flightradar24.com/ARG1371/244883a3

dcajet

Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:02 pm

panamair wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:

These are repatr iation flights to bring back Mormon missionaries SCL-SLC, like the MNL-TYO-SLC charters they did earlier this week.

Sat 28 March:

That's a lot of missionaries just for Chile, I'd think. Perhaps and given their new relationship with LATAM, based in SCL, they are using the airport as a regional hub for these flights?

StdTank80002

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:18 pm

trex8 wrote:
32andBelow wrote:
panamair wrote:

Sat 28 March:

Every young Mormon between 18 and 25 is expected to serve18-24 months as a missionary.

Indeed, something I didn't realise until I went to see book of mormon.

More related to the thread however, I live under the flightpath of Leeds bradford in the UK, although not busy I am very used to being woken in the morning by the early KLM, Aer Lingus and Flybe flights. Obviously flybe went before things got serious in the UK but the eerie quiet that is the lack of early morning flights and the regular 737s during the day is quite noticeable. I do wonder whether it will ever be the same again. I think leeds bradford currently only has one KLM flight per day left.

mxaxai

Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:51 pm

Just to show how much the volume of air traffic has plummeted: Munich (MUC) is currently reporting 5 % of their expected traffic volume.

Also interesting to see a 747-8 with a QF callsign: https://www.flightradar24.com/QFA7550/2448982e

32andBelow

Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:33 pm

mxaxai wrote:
Just to show how much the volume of air traffic has plummeted: Munich (MUC) is currently reporting 5 % of their expected traffic volume.

Also interesting to see a 747-8 with a QF callsign: https://www.flightradar24.com/QFA7550/2448982e

It’s probably an atlas freighter. They operate for QF under QF code.

dcajet

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:40 pm

Argentinian & Chilean ULCC JetSMART will only operate 7% of its April schedule in Argentina and 12% in Chile. Routes in both cases will be mostly domestic and a few international: EPA-SCL, SCL-LIM, SCL-BOG & SCL-CLO, over different dates: Chile-Peru starts on 2/4, Argentina-Chile on 14/4 and Chile-Colombia on 24/6, subject to the end of current flight restrictions.

dabc

Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:44 pm

blueflyer wrote:
ro1960 wrote:

Air Arabia Maroc is not flying
Morocco has banned all domestic and international flights

aemoreira1981

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:23 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:
I'm having a déja-vu.

The problem is enforcing a domestic restriction on travel at the federal level. The FAA may well have to issue a NOTAM at JFK, LGA, and EWR that flights won't be accepted for regular passenger travel (which then may trigger federal compensation requirements). Now, as for flying passengers to other areas of the country, that does make sense, but at the same time, it may be difficult for families to reach loved ones flown to hospitals in other cities.

The other thing is: for airlines with large A320-family fleets, and LD3-45 containers, why not fly cargo missions with them domestically?

trex8

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:41 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
[

The other thing is: for airlines with large A320-family fleets, and LD3-45 containers, why not fly cargo missions with them domestically?

Do any American A320 carriers use containers??? I think in previous discussions on using LD3-45s, only AC in US/Canada had some, not even all, of its fleet fitted.

FlyingElvii

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:36 am

Per Flightaware, looks like United sent a BUNCH of metal to Roswell today. Air Wisconsin CRJ2;rescue flight about land in ORD now.

jetmatt777

Sat Mar 28, 2020 3:41 am

trex8 wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:
[

Do any American A320 carriers use containers??? I think in previous discussions on using LD3-45s, only AC in US/Canada had some, not even all, of its fleet fitted.

No US carrier uses containers on A319/320

Waterbomber2

Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:02 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
Waterbomber2 wrote:
I'm having a déja-vu.

The problem is enforcing a domestic restriction on travel at the federal level. The FAA may well have to issue a NOTAM at JFK, LGA, and EWR that flights won't be accepted for regular passenger travel (which then may trigger federal compensation requirements). Now, as for flying passengers to other areas of the country, that does make sense, but at the same time, it may be difficult for families to reach loved ones flown to hospitals in other cities.

How about a restriction in terms of passenger safety, ie type certificate and AOC?
I think that there is a basis for suspension of type certificates and AOC's of passenger aircraft based on the fact that it's not proven that aircraft cabins offer a safe environment for passengers and crews in presence of the new safety risk factor, being Covid19.
After all, passengers getting infected during a flight is a safety factor that the FAA has jurisdiction over and should be overseeing as a certifying authority. The same being valid for EASA and other certifying authorities.
If an operator can't prove that he's taking the necessary precautions to avoid that 10% of passengers can infect (part of) the other 90% on a particular flight, or even the next flight through contaminated surfaces, the AOC should be suspended.
Similarily, if an aircraft manufacturer can't prove that 10% of passengers won't infect (part of) the other 90% on a particular flight in a particular aircraft cabin configuration, the type certificate should be suspended until the aircraft manufacturer proves that in a certain configuration, the risks of infection are extremely low to none.

Some airlines have been doing extra cleaning on a voluntary basis, but where is the freaking oversight?
The certifying authorities, these are very nasty people who would usually make an issue over a missing reference on the paperwork. Where are they now?

Countries have been packing evacuees on flights, some of whom tested positive upon arrival and infected opthers during the flights.
Granted, it's an emergency, but if we follow protocols, aviation authorities should be overseeing this and applying protocols, not the governments doing what they see fit.
If this wasn't an emergency, these could be the base for serious criticism.

------------------------------------

I dug up more info on a air ambulance QC configuration for commercial aircraft.
The below picture is perhaps not the ideal configuration in this case, but it could be a starting point.

Norway will declare operational capability in early 2011 with a new suite of medical evacuation equipment that will enable a Scandinavian Airlines Boeing 737-700 commercial airliner to be rapidly reconfigured for casualty evacuation duties.

A first demonstration of the new installation was made at Oslo's Gardermoen airport in late September, following the completion of work by prime contractor Marshall Aerospace.

"The role change from a full airline passenger configuration to any of the medevac configurations takes well under 4h, as does return to the normal passenger configuration," the UK company says.

https://www.flightglobal.com/norway-tes ... 64.article

SwissCanuck

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:21 am

I'd pay good money to fly in that config!

In other news, (some) AC crew are asking for full PPE incl gowns and full face mask/shield. Apparently the Ukrainian crews have been fully suited up.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/health/flight-a ... -1.5513439

LX2990

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:38 am

Waterbomber2 wrote:
The below picture is perhaps not the ideal configuration in this case, but it could be a starting point.

Not a civil aircraft operator but the origin aircraft model is civilian.

The French Air Force has flown this week multiple times patients from Alsace (region Grand Est), one of the most affected regions of France, to other parts of the country. The Air Force used for this task an Airbus A330 MRTT in the special Morphée configuration.
https://bit.ly/3bbIrGh
https://bit.ly/3ddnfBn
https://www.lalsace.fr/edition-mulhouse ... s-infectes

side note:
beside the transfer by plane, the french used also a TGV (highspeed train) to bring some patients over 900 km in only a couple of hours in the west of france.
https://www.lalsace.fr/france-monde/202 ... e-la-loire

panamair

Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:44 am

Looks like Delta is offering free roundtrip tickets to volunteer medical professionals to help out on the front lines in Georgia, Louisiana and Michigan. Also looking at expanding this to NY, California and Washington.

https://news.delta.com/supporting-front ... d-michigan

Waterbomber2

Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:00 am

LX2990 wrote:
Waterbomber2 wrote:

Not a civil aircraft operator but the origin aircraft model is civilian.

The French Air Force has flown this week multiple times patients from Alsace (region Grand Est), one of the most affected regions of France, to other parts of the country. The Air Force used for this task an Airbus A330 MRTT in the special Morphée configuration.
https://bit.ly/3bbIrGh
https://bit.ly/3ddnfBn
https://www.lalsace.fr/edition-mulhouse ... s-infectes

side note:
beside the transfer by plane, the french used also a TGV (highspeed train) to bring some patients over 900 km in only a couple of hours in the west of france.
https://www.lalsace.fr/france-monde/202 ... e-la-loire

That's very interesting, deserves to be highlighted.

Below the configuration diagram from your link:

https://www.defense.gouv.fr/var/dicod/s ... phenix.jpg

mark787

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:11 pm

Noticed an IB A350 coming into JFK yesterday afternoon. would this be a cargo only flight since Spain is also looking for medical supplies that are very scarce in that country?

juanchito

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:31 pm

capitalflyer wrote:
U.S. just announced evac flights from Guatemala. How is this being executed: airline/charter company, equipment, etc.?

US Government charter AA flights with 737-800 at least 12 flight from DFW have departed.

Eastern Airlines are doing some charter also, but no organized by the US Government equipment used is 767

Delta will have a flight tomorrow with a 777 from ATL and will go to Salt Lake City

Regards
Fotografos de Aviacion de Guatemala. Spotter.
https://www.facebook.com/Fot%C3%B3grafo ... 661476921/

cathay747

Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:57 pm

MartijnNL wrote:
cathay747 wrote:
Just look at the idiots in Kentucky who threw a "Coronavirus Party" as a defiance/civil disobedience act against all the social distancing/stay-at-home warnings/orders, and then one of them was diagnosed with it afterward.

Some youngsters who attented a similar event in Belgium are now on life support. They wanted to have one last party before their country went in lockdown the following day. It might well have been their last party ever.

Right. It's so impressive how many people think they know more than somebody like Dr. Fauci here is the U.S. and defy everything and continue to go on doing whatever they want as if nothing was happening. I mean, he's only a physician, research scientist, and expert in virology/epidemiology, not to mention head of NIAID as a result. But let's not listen to him...oh no.
Try a Little VC-10derness

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos