Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
Airlinerdude
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:46 pm

Airlinerdude wrote:
The facts are, AC's loads are very poor across all three cabins and across the entire network. I personally wouldn't be surprised to a further reduction in the flying program announced next week. Some of the routes are simply unviable as per the latest schedule. I see a contraction to just a few transcon routes and maybe a few regional routes, to carry whats left of those wanting to travel and freight.


As anticipated, frequencies are being reduced even further since the last released schedule linked below. Pretty much every multi-frequency North American route has lost at least 1 or 2 daily frequencies come April 1. Hopefully we'll see an airlineroute posting or an official AC announcement with the latest reductions. I still believe there's more to come as loads are looking terrible for what's remaining.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... caen#/na-1
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:40 pm

Airlinerdude wrote:
Airlinerdude wrote:
The facts are, AC's loads are very poor across all three cabins and across the entire network. I personally wouldn't be surprised to a further reduction in the flying program announced next week. Some of the routes are simply unviable as per the latest schedule. I see a contraction to just a few transcon routes and maybe a few regional routes, to carry whats left of those wanting to travel and freight.


As anticipated, frequencies are being reduced even further since the last released schedule linked below. Pretty much every multi-frequency North American route has lost at least 1 or 2 daily frequencies come April 1. Hopefully we'll see an airlineroute posting or an official AC announcement with the latest reductions. I still believe there's more to come as loads are looking terrible for what's remaining.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... caen#/na-1


Yup they’re cutting to the bone. YOW has everything cut except YYZ and YUL now. A week ago YFC, YHZ, YYC, YEG and YVR were all still on the schedule. In fact YOW-YVR is still showing daily in the list but it’s not bookable.

Imagine this, WS will be serving more destinations from YOW than AC, namely YYC, YYZ and 1x weekly YHZ. Although temporary, I never thought I’d see the day WS has more cities than AC at YOW.
 
diverted
Posts: 1286
Joined: Sat May 17, 2014 3:17 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:35 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
Airlinerdude wrote:
Airlinerdude wrote:
The facts are, AC's loads are very poor across all three cabins and across the entire network. I personally wouldn't be surprised to a further reduction in the flying program announced next week. Some of the routes are simply unviable as per the latest schedule. I see a contraction to just a few transcon routes and maybe a few regional routes, to carry whats left of those wanting to travel and freight.


As anticipated, frequencies are being reduced even further since the last released schedule linked below. Pretty much every multi-frequency North American route has lost at least 1 or 2 daily frequencies come April 1. Hopefully we'll see an airlineroute posting or an official AC announcement with the latest reductions. I still believe there's more to come as loads are looking terrible for what's remaining.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... caen#/na-1


Yup they’re cutting to the bone. YOW has everything cut except YYZ and YUL now. A week ago YFC, YHZ, YYC, YEG and YVR were all still on the schedule. In fact YOW-YVR is still showing daily in the list but it’s not bookable.

Imagine this, WS will be serving more destinations from YOW than AC, namely YYC, YYZ and 1x weekly YHZ. Although temporary, I never thought I’d see the day WS has more cities than AC at YOW.


They're cutting so much it's crazy. Also seems they're having some serious reservation issues still. Had a booking YOW-YWG for tomorrow 28MAR, originally booked AC8527 YOWYG, 1625 departure, and was rebooked AC8548 YOWYUL 1100-1142L, then time travelling backwards and catching AC481 YULYYZ 0600-0720, and then connecting onto AC259 YYZYWG 0815-0948.
Had other bookings YWGYOW that were originally booked AC8524 YWGYOW direct, and then was rebooked to an evening flight YWGYEG, then connecting YEGYVR, overnight in YVR, then YVR-YYZ the following morning, followed by a 12 hour layover and then the last flight YYZYOW that night, turning what should be a 2 hour trip into a multi day trek across the country. Needless to say, those bookings got cancelled. Now if only they'd refund them instead of just giving a credit....
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 3:34 pm

diverted wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
Airlinerdude wrote:

As anticipated, frequencies are being reduced even further since the last released schedule linked below. Pretty much every multi-frequency North American route has lost at least 1 or 2 daily frequencies come April 1. Hopefully we'll see an airlineroute posting or an official AC announcement with the latest reductions. I still believe there's more to come as loads are looking terrible for what's remaining.

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... caen#/na-1


Yup they’re cutting to the bone. YOW has everything cut except YYZ and YUL now. A week ago YFC, YHZ, YYC, YEG and YVR were all still on the schedule. In fact YOW-YVR is still showing daily in the list but it’s not bookable.

Imagine this, WS will be serving more destinations from YOW than AC, namely YYC, YYZ and 1x weekly YHZ. Although temporary, I never thought I’d see the day WS has more cities than AC at YOW.


They're cutting so much it's crazy. Also seems they're having some serious reservation issues still. Had a booking YOW-YWG for tomorrow 28MAR, originally booked AC8527 YOWYG, 1625 departure, and was rebooked AC8548 YOWYUL 1100-1142L, then time travelling backwards and catching AC481 YULYYZ 0600-0720, and then connecting onto AC259 YYZYWG 0815-0948.
Had other bookings YWGYOW that were originally booked AC8524 YWGYOW direct, and then was rebooked to an evening flight YWGYEG, then connecting YEGYVR, overnight in YVR, then YVR-YYZ the following morning, followed by a 12 hour layover and then the last flight YYZYOW that night, turning what should be a 2 hour trip into a multi day trek across the country. Needless to say, those bookings got cancelled. Now if only they'd refund them instead of just giving a credit....


Not surprising. One thing's guaranteed, you'll now need to connect to get to YWG. I did a search of AC's schedule this morning and domestic appears to be fully updated, while transborder is only partially updated. Of note, most mainline flights are exclusively A320 with the following exceptions:
--> YOW-YYZ (6 or 7x) & YYZ-DEN (1x) are exclusively E90s and these are the only E90 routes;
--> YYZ-LAX 1x daily is the only 767 (mainline) route;
--> YYZ-YVR is the only other mainline route without any 320s with 321s, a 789 and a 77L;
--> YWG-YYZ 1x daily is the only 319 I could find;
--> One A330 route - 1 of 2 daily YUL-YVR
--> YQT-YYZ 1x daily is the only Rouge route remaining and on an RV 321. Makes sense that 1x daily is still Rouge in order to keep the AOC active; and
--> A220s are on YUL-YYC, YUL-YEG, YYZ-YYC and YYZ-YEG 1x daily each.

The DH1s are gone and all DH3s appear to be in the east. Also, AC have now announced irregardless of the COVID-19 situation, that Sarnia service (that is currently suspended) is gone for good...DH1 and BEH loss victim like Lethbridge and Medicine Hat.
 
Thomaas
Posts: 682
Joined: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:33 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
diverted wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

Yup they’re cutting to the bone. YOW has everything cut except YYZ and YUL now. A week ago YFC, YHZ, YYC, YEG and YVR were all still on the schedule. In fact YOW-YVR is still showing daily in the list but it’s not bookable.

Imagine this, WS will be serving more destinations from YOW than AC, namely YYC, YYZ and 1x weekly YHZ. Although temporary, I never thought I’d see the day WS has more cities than AC at YOW.


They're cutting so much it's crazy. Also seems they're having some serious reservation issues still. Had a booking YOW-YWG for tomorrow 28MAR, originally booked AC8527 YOWYG, 1625 departure, and was rebooked AC8548 YOWYUL 1100-1142L, then time travelling backwards and catching AC481 YULYYZ 0600-0720, and then connecting onto AC259 YYZYWG 0815-0948.
Had other bookings YWGYOW that were originally booked AC8524 YWGYOW direct, and then was rebooked to an evening flight YWGYEG, then connecting YEGYVR, overnight in YVR, then YVR-YYZ the following morning, followed by a 12 hour layover and then the last flight YYZYOW that night, turning what should be a 2 hour trip into a multi day trek across the country. Needless to say, those bookings got cancelled. Now if only they'd refund them instead of just giving a credit....


Not surprising. One thing's guaranteed, you'll now need to connect to get to YWG. I did a search of AC's schedule this morning and domestic appears to be fully updated, while transborder is only partially updated. Of note, most mainline flights are exclusively A320 with the following exceptions:
--> YOW-YYZ (6 or 7x) & YYZ-DEN (1x) are exclusively E90s and these are the only E90 routes;
--> YYZ-LAX 1x daily is the only 767 (mainline) route;
--> YYZ-YVR is the only other mainline route without any 320s with 321s, a 789 and a 77L;
--> YWG-YYZ 1x daily is the only 319 I could find;
--> One A330 route - 1 of 2 daily YUL-YVR
--> YQT-YYZ 1x daily is the only Rouge route remaining and on an RV 321. Makes sense that 1x daily is still Rouge in order to keep the AOC active; and
--> A220s are on YUL-YYC, YUL-YEG, YYZ-YYC and YYZ-YEG 1x daily each.

The DH1s are gone and all DH3s appear to be in the east. Also, AC have now announced irregardless of the COVID-19 situation, that Sarnia service (that is currently suspended) is gone for good...DH1 and BEH loss victim like Lethbridge and Medicine Hat.

I doubt YQT will actually be operated by Rouge given that all the FAs have been furloughed for the time being. I don't believe mainline flight attendants are allowed to operate on Rouge aircraft.
 
fraT
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:22 pm

Thomaas wrote:
I doubt YQT will actually be operated by Rouge given that all the FAs have been furloughed for the time being. I don't believe mainline flight attendants are allowed to operate on Rouge aircraft.


What about the Rouge flights currently in the air?
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:51 pm

fraT wrote:
Thomaas wrote:
I doubt YQT will actually be operated by Rouge given that all the FAs have been furloughed for the time being. I don't believe mainline flight attendants are allowed to operate on Rouge aircraft.


What about the Rouge flights currently in the air?


Layoffs and reduced month isn’t until April 3rd.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:29 pm

crosscheckyyz wrote:
MZJ
AC2337 773
AC2339 773


Yesterday C-FITL went there as AC2337, today its C-FIUW. C-FIUL flew as AC2339 yesterday.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:10 pm

Thomaas wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
diverted wrote:

They're cutting so much it's crazy. Also seems they're having some serious reservation issues still. Had a booking YOW-YWG for tomorrow 28MAR, originally booked AC8527 YOWYG, 1625 departure, and was rebooked AC8548 YOWYUL 1100-1142L, then time travelling backwards and catching AC481 YULYYZ 0600-0720, and then connecting onto AC259 YYZYWG 0815-0948.
Had other bookings YWGYOW that were originally booked AC8524 YWGYOW direct, and then was rebooked to an evening flight YWGYEG, then connecting YEGYVR, overnight in YVR, then YVR-YYZ the following morning, followed by a 12 hour layover and then the last flight YYZYOW that night, turning what should be a 2 hour trip into a multi day trek across the country. Needless to say, those bookings got cancelled. Now if only they'd refund them instead of just giving a credit....


Not surprising. One thing's guaranteed, you'll now need to connect to get to YWG. I did a search of AC's schedule this morning and domestic appears to be fully updated, while transborder is only partially updated. Of note, most mainline flights are exclusively A320 with the following exceptions:
--> YOW-YYZ (6 or 7x) & YYZ-DEN (1x) are exclusively E90s and these are the only E90 routes;
--> YYZ-LAX 1x daily is the only 767 (mainline) route;
--> YYZ-YVR is the only other mainline route without any 320s with 321s, a 789 and a 77L;
--> YWG-YYZ 1x daily is the only 319 I could find;
--> One A330 route - 1 of 2 daily YUL-YVR
--> YQT-YYZ 1x daily is the only Rouge route remaining and on an RV 321. Makes sense that 1x daily is still Rouge in order to keep the AOC active; and
--> A220s are on YUL-YYC, YUL-YEG, YYZ-YYC and YYZ-YEG 1x daily each.

The DH1s are gone and all DH3s appear to be in the east. Also, AC have now announced irregardless of the COVID-19 situation, that Sarnia service (that is currently suspended) is gone for good...DH1 and BEH loss victim like Lethbridge and Medicine Hat.

I doubt YQT will actually be operated by Rouge given that all the FAs have been furloughed for the time being. I don't believe mainline flight attendants are allowed to operate on Rouge aircraft.


Yep the flight switched over to a CR9.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:59 pm

Rouge C-GHLK just departed YUL and is heading to MCI.
 
vaughanparry
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:46 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:41 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
rlwynn wrote:
Not Air Canada but Canada sent a 737-200 to Morocco to pick up Canadians today.


YMX-YYR-KEF-SNN-CMN flown by C-GNLN, it's a -200C.

https://www.planespotters.net/airframe/ ... ion/rqnx6r


Wow. I flew on her CMN to FEZ in August 2004 and even then she looked and felt old but what a fabulous noise she made! I suspected at the time that it would be my last on flight on a -200 and I was right. I flew the FEZ-CMN route fairly regularly in those days and almost every flight after that one was on an ATR42 or 738.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:08 pm

AC is ferrying an A333 YUL-ALG to repatriate people: https://www.flightradar24.com/ACA7058/244b8357
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:33 pm

As for parked aircraft, someone told me that a few AC aircraft are parked at YOW, including the TCA 319.
 
Airlinerdude
Posts: 180
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:07 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:31 pm

Even more cuts announced yesterday:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... html#/na-1

The major highlight since the March 27th schedule is that the timetable is now showing 'up to' in terms of flight frequency. Just browsing through and it appears most flights have a 1 daily cut. YVR-YOW suspended too.
 
9252fly
Posts: 1012
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:19 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 pm

Airlinerdude wrote:
Even more cuts announced yesterday:

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/hom ... html#/na-1

The major highlight since the March 27th schedule is that the timetable is now showing 'up to' in terms of flight frequency. Just browsing through and it appears most flights have a 1 daily cut. YVR-YOW suspended too.


The way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if AC ends up only operating 5% of their pre-Covid schedule.
 
Skywatcher
Posts: 882
Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2002 11:19 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:49 pm

A quick scan at the April schedule indicates only 12 cities in the U.S. maintain service.
In Canada I believe Sarnia, Val D'or, Rouyn, Kingston, Kamloops, Cranbrook and Castlegar will be cut entirely. I probably missed a few.
The rest of the world is almost eliminated.

Crazy times.
 
yzfElite
Posts: 46
Joined: Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:14 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:27 pm

Dominion301 wrote:
As for parked aircraft, someone told me that a few AC aircraft are parked at YOW, including the TCA 319.


Nothing left at YOW as of my afternoon bike ride today. There were quite a few frames the last few days, but nothing parked or at the ramp today and the terminal looked deserted.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Thu Apr 02, 2020 3:11 am

yzfElite wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
As for parked aircraft, someone told me that a few AC aircraft are parked at YOW, including the TCA 319.


Nothing left at YOW as of my afternoon bike ride today. There were quite a few frames the last few days, but nothing parked or at the ramp today and the terminal looked deserted.


YOW is going to be a bigger ghost town than most it seems. Looking at tomorrow’s FIDS, there are 13 flights departing, with a single transborder flight (DL to DTW). If the airport’s flights somehow manage a miraculous 50% LF, total pax for April will be 31,500 for the ENTIRE month! That’s about equivalent to an average Thursday/Friday worth of ‘normal’ traffic at YOW. Insane! That pax total likely rivals 1960 traffic levels.

Skywatcher wrote:
A quick scan at the April schedule indicates only 12 cities in the U.S. maintain service.
In Canada I believe Sarnia, Val D'or, Rouyn, Kingston, Kamloops, Cranbrook and Castlegar will be cut entirely. I probably missed a few.
The rest of the world is almost eliminated.

Crazy times.


Sarnia, Lethbridge and Medicine Hat are permanently cut. The rest are temporary. Notrth Bay is another temporary example.

EDIT: YQG & YXU have now both been entirely cut for April. Wow!
 
shoelessjoe
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 22, 2013 4:27 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:31 am

4 more today to YQG. Rouge 2x 321, 1x 319. Mainline 1x 320. A quick look at what has been brought to Windsor shows that the 2nd and 3rd oldest 320s in the mainline fleet (C-FDSN and C-FDST) are both here -- both delivered November 1990.
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:29 am

Dominion301 wrote:
As for parked aircraft, someone told me that a few AC aircraft are parked at YOW, including the TCA 319.


TCA isn’t parked, it’s actively flying...
 
User avatar
Exrampieyyz
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:46 pm

AC2327 767-375 C-FPCA flying YYZ-MCI right now. Is this going to be parked or maybe just a extra section. AC2xxx flight numbers usually mean an extra section where AC7xxx usually mean a ferry flight. We'll see if it comes back
P51 P38 TBM B17 T34P ST75 C150/72/85 C402/21 AA1 B06 S232/33 AC80 BE35 DC3/4M/8/9/10 DHC4/6/7/8 CRJ2/9 CONI L188 L101 B717/27/37/47/57/67/77/87 A319/20/21/30/40/80 E175/90 BA46 BA11 CLVT A748 B190 JS31 SW4 SF34 F28 VISC VC9
my.flightradar24.com/boeinga1
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:25 pm

Exrampieyyz wrote:
AC2327 767-375 C-FPCA flying YYZ-MCI right now. Is this going to be parked or maybe just a extra section. AC2xxx flight numbers usually mean an extra section where AC7xxx usually mean a ferry flight. We'll see if it comes back


No it's joining other fleet members that were sent there.

77W C-FRAM is now on its way YVR-SIN.
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:00 pm

Exrampieyyz wrote:
AC2327 767-375 C-FPCA flying YYZ-MCI right now. Is this going to be parked or maybe just a extra section. AC2xxx flight numbers usually mean an extra section where AC7xxx usually mean a ferry flight. We'll see if it comes back


2xxx flight numbers are also being used for ferry flights.
 
User avatar
Exrampieyyz
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:59 pm

77W C-FRAM is now on its way YVR-SIN.

Oh dear Mr. Robert A. Milton's plane is going to storage! Used to be the pride of the (his) fleet.
P51 P38 TBM B17 T34P ST75 C150/72/85 C402/21 AA1 B06 S232/33 AC80 BE35 DC3/4M/8/9/10 DHC4/6/7/8 CRJ2/9 CONI L188 L101 B717/27/37/47/57/67/77/87 A319/20/21/30/40/80 E175/90 BA46 BA11 CLVT A748 B190 JS31 SW4 SF34 F28 VISC VC9
my.flightradar24.com/boeinga1
 
chrisa330
Posts: 594
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 1999 10:24 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:00 pm

Exrampieyyz wrote:
77W C-FRAM is now on its way YVR-SIN.

Oh dear Mr. Robert A. Milton's plane is going to storage! Used to be the pride of the (his) fleet.


It’s probably going for heavy maintenance.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:39 pm

Whiteguy wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:
As for parked aircraft, someone told me that a few AC aircraft are parked at YOW, including the TCA 319.


TCA isn’t parked, it’s actively flying...


Like I said, I was going on anecdotal evidence. Maybe it was on an extended RON at YOW.
 
CXH
Posts: 154
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2004 10:37 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:06 pm

Are we discussing the Jazz fleet too in this thread?

Three Jazz Dash 8s (two Q400s + one -300) are headed to YQB right now (16:00 PT, 03April) with 7xxx flight numbers. I think Jazz usually uses 8xxx numbers. I guess they're parking some there.

https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/JZA
I've seen the future, I can't afford it. - Martin Fry
 
User avatar
Exrampieyyz
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 12:53 pm

Looks like a couple ferry flights right now

AC2325 B73M C-GEHI Fin#519 YYZ-MZL

QK7138 DH8D C-GGBF Fin#417 YHZ-YWG
QK7139 DH8D C-GGMU Fin#411 YHZ-YWG

YWG -15C there right now. Going into cold storage
P51 P38 TBM B17 T34P ST75 C150/72/85 C402/21 AA1 B06 S232/33 AC80 BE35 DC3/4M/8/9/10 DHC4/6/7/8 CRJ2/9 CONI L188 L101 B717/27/37/47/57/67/77/87 A319/20/21/30/40/80 E175/90 BA46 BA11 CLVT A748 B190 JS31 SW4 SF34 F28 VISC VC9
my.flightradar24.com/boeinga1
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:08 pm

Sor far...

Mainline 767s

at YUL : C-FOCA

at YYZ : C-FTCA / C-GLCA

at MCI : C-FPCA / C-GHOZ


Rouge 767s

at MCI : C-FIYA / C-FMWQ / C-FMXC / C-GHLK / C-GHLT / C-GHLU / C-GHLV / C-GHPN / C-GSCA

at YYZ : C-FIYE / C-FMLZ / C-FMWP / C-FMWU / C-FMWV / C-GDUZ / C-GEOU / C-GHLQ / C-GHPE

at YUL : C-FJZK / C-FMLV / C-FMWY / C-GBZR /

at YVR : C-FXCA

at SNN : C-GEOQ

C-GHLA - unknown location
 
Airontario
Posts: 690
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2001 12:04 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:48 pm

CXH wrote:
I think Jazz usually uses 8xxx numbers. I guess they're parking some there.

https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/JZA


Yeah. Jazz flights for AC are all 8xxx, plus 78 x since the dissolution of Georgian. 70xx and 71xx are ferries or charters.

There were a few DH3s parked at T1 yesterday afternoon. If I remember correctly the only DH3 service left at YYZ is YSB (and I expect that to be axed sooner rather than later). I assume those will be leaving shortly. I'd assume YYB is the most likely location.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Airontario wrote:
CXH wrote:
I think Jazz usually uses 8xxx numbers. I guess they're parking some there.

https://flightaware.com/live/fleet/JZA


Yeah. Jazz flights for AC are all 8xxx, plus 78 x since the dissolution of Georgian. 70xx and 71xx are ferries or charters.

There were a few DH3s parked at T1 yesterday afternoon. If I remember correctly the only DH3 service left at YYZ is YSB (and I expect that to be axed sooner rather than later). I assume those will be leaving shortly. I'd assume YYB is the most likely location.


YTS is still operational too. Means they’ll probably keep a pair of YYZ-based DH3s active.
 
User avatar
northstardc4m
Posts: 3393
Joined: Fri Apr 28, 2000 11:23 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 10:04 pm

Dominion301 wrote:

YTS is still operational too. Means they’ll probably keep a pair of YYZ-based DH3s active.


They could easily combine the two as YYZ-YSB-YTS, they can't have enough load to need more than 25 seats to each, and the YSB stop is no detour off the normal YYZ-YTS non-stop routing. Add maybe 25-30 mins to the flight to YTS?
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
 
Dominion301
Posts: 2808
Joined: Wed Jul 20, 2016 1:48 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:11 pm

northstardc4m wrote:
Dominion301 wrote:

YTS is still operational too. Means they’ll probably keep a pair of YYZ-based DH3s active.


They could easily combine the two as YYZ-YSB-YTS, they can't have enough load to need more than 25 seats to each, and the YSB stop is no detour off the normal YYZ-YTS non-stop routing. Add maybe 25-30 mins to the flight to YTS?


I’d hazard a guess that AC need the cargo space.
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:50 pm

chrisa330 wrote:
Exrampieyyz wrote:
77W C-FRAM is now on its way YVR-SIN.

Oh dear Mr. Robert A. Milton's plane is going to storage! Used to be the pride of the (his) fleet.


It’s probably going for heavy maintenance.


C-FNNQ is about to land at YVR back from SIN.
 
User avatar
Exrampieyyz
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:04 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 1:29 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
chrisa330 wrote:
Exrampieyyz wrote:
77W C-FRAM is now on its way YVR-SIN.

Oh dear Mr. Robert A. Milton's plane is going to storage! Used to be the pride of the (his) fleet.


It’s probably going for heavy maintenance.


C-FNNQ is about to land at YVR back from SIN.


Thanks, saw that too. Not many AC 777 flying today
P51 P38 TBM B17 T34P ST75 C150/72/85 C402/21 AA1 B06 S232/33 AC80 BE35 DC3/4M/8/9/10 DHC4/6/7/8 CRJ2/9 CONI L188 L101 B717/27/37/47/57/67/77/87 A319/20/21/30/40/80 E175/90 BA46 BA11 CLVT A748 B190 JS31 SW4 SF34 F28 VISC VC9
my.flightradar24.com/boeinga1
 
beechnut
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:27 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 2:18 pm

The Federal Government apparently contracted with both AC and CargoJet to bring N95 masks from China. I would expect that AC would assign a 77W to that task given its capacity.

Beech
 
fraT
Posts: 1174
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2003 4:32 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:28 pm

There are currently 4 Rouge 767s in the air going to MZJ (Pinal Airpark, AZ).
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:40 pm

fraT wrote:
There are currently 4 Rouge 767s in the air going to MZJ (Pinal Airpark, AZ).


C-FXCA from YVR / C-GHLQ & C-FMWV from YYZ / C-FMWY from YUL as RV2365, 2369, 2371 & 2377 respectively.
 
ExMilitaryEng
Posts: 630
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:53 pm

beechnut wrote:
The Federal Government apparently contracted with both AC and CargoJet to bring N95 masks from China.

A special op friend (JTF-2) told me (while joking) that a few of his colleagues are assigned on each flight to ensure that no N95 crates are seized/diverted on the tarmac... (as in modern piracy...)
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:06 pm

A320 C-FDQQ & C-FPWE are on their way to MZJ from YYZ & YUL.
 
User avatar
accargofra
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:23 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 6:44 pm

SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
A320 C-FDQQ


one of the oldes A320 - MSN 068 still flying (!)
guess its her last flight :(
but: retirment earned after 30.5 years
 
Whiteguy
Posts: 1537
Joined: Sat Nov 29, 2003 6:11 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:42 pm

accargofra wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
A320 C-FDQQ


one of the oldes A320 - MSN 068 still flying (!)
guess its her last flight :(
but: retirment earned after 30.5 years


DQQ is MSN 59
 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:48 pm

Whiteguy wrote:
accargofra wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
A320 C-FDQQ


one of the oldes A320 - MSN 068 still flying (!)
guess its her last flight :(
but: retirment earned after 30.5 years


DQQ is MSN 59


Indeed. It was Air Canada's very first A320 #201 delivered in January 1990. Originally, Ansett ordered it. How many hours and cycles has it logged in three decades?

 
SpaceshipDC10
Topic Author
Posts: 6999
Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:24 pm

Rouge 767 C-GHPE and AC A320 C-FFWJ are enroute YYZ-MZJ.
 
billsalton92
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:12 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:36 am

accargofra wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
A320 C-FDQQ


one of the oldes A320 - MSN 068 still flying (!)
guess its her last flight :(
but: retirment earned after 30.5 years


Retirement or storage? AC stiII has both 201 and 402 on their FIN Numbers page, which generally gets updated as soon as an aircraft leaves the property for good. Both those frames flew to MZJ today. But 201 has held out against a few attempts at retirement so this could be true..

Bill
 
alexdelzotto
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:37 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:09 am

billsalton92 wrote:
accargofra wrote:
SpaceshipDC10 wrote:
A320 C-FDQQ


one of the oldes A320 - MSN 068 still flying (!)
guess its her last flight :(
but: retirment earned after 30.5 years


Retirement or storage? AC stiII has both 201 and 402 on their FIN Numbers page, which generally gets updated as soon as an aircraft leaves the property for good. Both those frames flew to MZJ today. But 201 has held out against a few attempts at retirement so this could be true..

Bill


Fin 201 is indeed being retired. Will not be returning.
 
ACA772LR
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:55 pm

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:12 am

[twoid][/twoid]
alexdelzotto wrote:
billsalton92 wrote:
accargofra wrote:

one of the oldes A320 - MSN 068 still flying (!)
guess its her last flight :(
but: retirment earned after 30.5 years


Retirement or storage? AC stiII has both 201 and 402 on their FIN Numbers page, which generally gets updated as soon as an aircraft leaves the property for good. Both those frames flew to MZJ today. But 201 has held out against a few attempts at retirement so this could be true..

Bill


Fin 201 is indeed being retired. Will not be returning.


Source?
 
sixtyseven
Posts: 829
Joined: Thu Nov 16, 2006 9:42 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:10 pm

More airplanes headed to KRFD for storage as well.
Stand-by for new ATIS message......
 
danipawa
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:18 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 2:11 pm

Airbus A320 -211 59 C-FDQQ Air Canada ferried 06apr20 YYZ-MZJ, for part-out & scrap (+ 150 C-FFWJ, + 175 C-FPWE) ex F-WWDI

https://www.skyliner-aviation.de/regdb. ... av4&page=1
 
Cruiser
Posts: 941
Joined: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:08 am

Re: Which Air Canada's aircraft are being parked?

Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:11 pm

Was C-FDQQ one of the A320's that was parked earlier this year to preserve flighttime for the summer sked? I know they parked a few A320's as they were coming up on heavy checks, and they needed them for the summer with the MAX still being unable to fly.
Leahy on Per Seat Costs: "Have you seen the B-2 fly-by at almost US$1bn a copy? It has only 2 seats!"

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos