Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

chrogb43

Re: Delta plans to emerge a "smaller" carrier

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:20 am

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
B757Forever wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
In most states it takes the company to reject the initial claim. then the state reviews but it usually takes the company to try to fight it to get denied

delta could say this was voluntary and be fighting them. other states maybe reject deltas objection and they get unemployment?

For the DL employees in Georgia, me included, DL filed unemployment for us. I started being paid exactly as stated, 10 days after my last day worked.

Did you chose to take a 30,60, 90 day unpaid leave or were you laid off, quit, no set return date something like? Trying to think what could be different. Maybe Florida is just the worst state to file, i heard some terrible things from Disney Employees before the Unions stepped in and helped make their demands be done for everyone.

Georgia employees taking the 30/60/90 are receiving unemployment benefits. My understanding is that the state of Florida told Delta that Florida based employees will not be approved for unemployment benefits unless they are involuntarily laid off. And now employees are cancelling their LOAs.

NWAESC

Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:58 am

Exactly.

DL repeatedly told employees it would not contest any claims from employees taking voluntary leaves. They also noted that any receiving of UI benefits is/was contingent on state approval.

On the company website, there is a list of 20 (30?) states that have confirmed they will approve these claims- remember; people are taking these leaves in lieu of a furlough.

Some people are having problems receiving their benefits, but that's more an issue of state systems being overwhelmed than anything else.

As far as I know, Florida is the only state to be denying these claims outright.
"Nothing ever happens here, " I said. "I just wait."

MohawkWeekend

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:32 pm

Not to throw shade but I worked in HR for another non-airline transportation company. The State (FL) may be thinking that a more senior employee who might not get laid off leaves. He/She gets up to 26 weeks of UI. When he returns, the junior employee (who should have gotten laid off in the first place) gets laid off and he/she gets 26 weeks. Their thinking is "we're paying UI twice for the same FTE spot when only one 26 week payment is necessary"
No doubt that GA is going to be very kind to their largest employer. Florida not so much. What's weird is Delta still pays your unemployment monies because Delta will be billed for each employee taking the checks. It's a kinda of a crap shoot - we had people who quit just before we fired them for cause. We fought it but they approved it anyway. Good luck to all out there.
    300 319 320 321 707 717 720 727 72S 737 73S 734 735 73G 738 739 747 757 762 ARJ B11 C212 CRJ CR2 CR7 CR9 CV5 D8S DC9 D9S D94 D95 D10 DH8 DTO EMB EM2 E135 E145 E190 FH7 F28 F100 FTRIMTR HRN L10 L15 M80 M90 SF3 SWM YS11

MIflyer12

Thu Apr 30, 2020 12:47 pm

MohawkWeekend wrote:
    What's weird is Delta still pays your unemployment monies because Delta will be billed for each employee taking the checks.

No... Employers pay variable (experience-rated) payroll taxes to support state unemployment insurance programs. It's not like DL lays off 500 people collecting $400/wk in Florida and the state bills Delta $200K a week.

panamair

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:43 pm

Apparently Delta was able to raise an extra $2 billion in debt this past week on top of the $3 billion they originally sought. Hence, they now expect their cash balance to be at $12 billion instead of at $10 billion as originally predicted at the Q1 earnings call.

They have also applied for $4.6 billion in government loans but will have until September to decide how much (if any) of that loan they will take.

DL747400

Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:53 pm

chrogb43 wrote:
    You’re welcome to watch todays town hall where Florida based employees commented and HR’s response to them.

:checkmark: Thanks very much for providing the source.

Can't watch the town hall, since I don't work for DL. My nephew does, so I'll ask him about it. Hopefully, it's just a glitch for the folks in Florida.
    From First to Worst: The history of Airliners.net.

All posts reflect my opinions, not those of my employer or any other company.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:14 pm

The official press release for MD88 and MD90 retirements effective in June.

https://news.delta.com/delta-retire-md- ... leets-june

tphuang

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:22 pm

panamair wrote:
    Apparently Delta was able to raise an extra $2 billion in debt this past week on top of the $3 billion they originally sought. Hence, they now expect their cash balance to be at $12 billion instead of at $10 billion as originally predicted at the Q1 earnings call.

They have also applied for $4.6 billion in government loans but will have until September to decide how much (if any) of that loan they will take.

do you have any link to indicate they got $5 billion instead of $3 billion?

I doubt they are taking gov't loan at this point.

MohawkWeekend

Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:22 pm

"No... Employers pay variable (experience-rated) payroll taxes to support state unemployment insurance programs. It's not like DL lays off 500 people collecting $400/wk in Florida and the state bills Delta $200K a week."

In Ohio the experienced rated taxes go up to meet exactly what your employees claim. I saw the bills - they literally list every employee, what they got and then what we owed. It takes awhile but the employer ultimately pays it. Which is why companies fight claims. It works just like your car insurance and the insurance airlines have on their aircraft. Have a lot of claims and your premiums sky rocket.
      300 319 320 321 707 717 720 727 72S 737 73S 734 735 73G 738 739 747 757 762 ARJ B11 C212 CRJ CR2 CR7 CR9 CV5 D8S DC9 D9S D94 D95 D10 DH8 DTO EMB EM2 E135 E145 E190 FH7 F28 F100 FTRIMTR HRN L10 L15 M80 M90 SF3 SWM YS11

panamair

Thu Apr 30, 2020 4:48 pm

tphuang wrote:
      panamair wrote:

Sorry didn't have time to link earlier..

From Ed's memo today:

https://news.delta.com/ed-bastian-memo- ... ce-delta-0

"...This week we received a vote of confidence in Delta’s future when we raised $5 billion in new financing. That means we expect to end the June quarter with more than $12 billion in cash..."

As well as some news articles:
      https://finance.yahoo.com/m/7add9cd9-5a ... s-3-5.html

The above states the $5 billion came in two separate transactions: a $1.5 billion credit facility and $3.5 billion private placement of 7% notes due 2025. The latter was originally supposed to be $1.5 billion.

tphuang

Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:50 pm

panamair wrote:
      tphuang wrote:
      panamair wrote:

From Ed's memo today:

"...This week we received a vote of confidence in Delta’s future when we raised $5 billion in new financing. That means we expect to end the June quarter with more than $12 billion in cash..."

The above states the $5 billion came in two separate transactions: a $1.5 billion credit facility and $3.5 billion private placement of 7% notes due 2025. The latter was originally supposed to be $1.5 billion.

That's pretty impressive stuff. Delta will have a lot of debt coming out of this, but I think only a small portion of that needs to be with the federal gov't and that will be a huge plus for them.

NWAESC

Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:15 pm

On an obviously smaller scale, there are also tons of opportunities to streamline operations, but some real estate costs, and insource some functions. Maybe tea-in-the-ocean by themselves, but it all adds up.

B757Forever

Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:45 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
      B757Forever wrote:
      slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
      In most states it takes the company to reject the initial claim. then the state reviews but it usually takes the company to try to fight it to get denied

delta could say this was voluntary and be fighting them. other states maybe reject deltas objection and they get unemployment?

For the DL employees in Georgia, me included, DL filed unemployment for us. I started being paid exactly as stated, 10 days after my last day worked.

Did you chose to take a 30,60, 90 day unpaid leave or were you laid off, quit, no set return date something like? Trying to think what could be different. Maybe Florida is just the worst state to file, i heard some terrible things from Disney Employees before the Unions stepped in and helped make their demands be done for everyone.

Remember ever state is different:
      Maybe because of Georgia's laws they(delta) everyone qualifies and they submitted automatically (some states require them too when numbers are large enought) They maybe were not doing it because they are so caring or nice but of course would spin it that way.

and because of Florida's laws they appealed because in that state they know they could appeal and win?

I initially took a 30 day voluntary LOA. I've enjoyed the time off so much I extended to 60 days. Agreed that Georgia is definitely being DL friendly.
      The Rolls Royce Dart. Noise = Shaft Horsepower.

NWAESC

Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:26 pm

On FB, I noted that everyday at work now feels like the last day of school.

WidebodyPTV

Sun May 03, 2020 3:46 am

MohawkWeekend wrote:
      "No... Employers pay variable (experience-rated) payroll taxes to support state unemployment insurance programs. It's not like DL lays off 500 people collecting $400/wk in Florida and the state bills Delta $200K a week."

In Ohio the experienced rated taxes go up to meet exactly what your employees claim. I saw the bills - they literally list every employee, what they got and then what we owed. It takes awhile but the employer ultimately pays it. Which is why companies fight claims. It works just like your car insurance and the insurance airlines have on their aircraft. Have a lot of claims and your premiums sky rocket.

Basically, employers pay a small premium per employee per year into the unemployment insurance fund; companies that have more claims against them pay larger premiums than those with no/less claims. There's a cap on the premium, so the maximum a company could pay is a few hundred bucks per employee -- nothing close to the actual claim itself. Note that during this pandemic, most - if not all - states are not penalizing companies for claims, so ultimately DL will pay nothing extra.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue May 05, 2020 3:00 pm

DL has a lot of aircraft on the move this week to the desert:

MZJ
      Sun 5/3 - 2x 752
      Mon 5/4 - 4x 739, 4x 321, 1x 752
      Tue 5/5 - 4x 739, 4x 321, 1x 752
      Wed 5/6 - 2x 321, 9x 752, 2x 753
      Thu 5/7 - 4x 739, 5x 321

Total:
      12 739
      15 321
      13 752
      2 753

42 additional aircraft

Last week had 4 MD88 and 5 MD90 go to BYH.

1 A350 did leave BYH last week and return to service.

Seems like they are trying to get all the aircraft parked at the hubs out of there and stored in the desert.

slcdeltarumd11

Tue May 05, 2020 3:33 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
      DL has a lot of aircraft on the move this week to the desert:

MZJ
      Sun 5/3 - 2x 752
      Mon 5/4 - 4x 739, 4x 321, 1x 752
      Tue 5/5 - 4x 739, 4x 321, 1x 752
      Wed 5/6 - 2x 321, 9x 752, 2x 753
      Thu 5/7 - 4x 739, 5x 321

Total:
      12 739
      15 321
      13 752
      2 753

42 additional aircraft

Last week had 4 MD88 and 5 MD90 go to BYH.

1 A350 did leave BYH last week and return to service.

Seems like they are trying to get all the aircraft parked at the hubs out of there and stored in the desert.

I think hubs were considered reasonable places when we thought this might be 2-4 weeks , which we all though at the beginning. Now that its clear that business travel is not coming back anytime soon the only reasonable thing is to park in the desert here and this is still a total unknown tome when people can or even want to travel again

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue May 05, 2020 3:50 pm

Yep now that May is set, and they've basically got the June schedule determined (although not yet loaded, I'd expect the hammer to drop for domestic cuts to start loading this weekend). They know they don't need all these aircraft for months.

Yeah, I am guessing they are trying to get a lot of these aircraft, particularly at like ATL into storage or back into service. Not ideal to do on a runway, particularly as we approach the full heat/humidity of summer and more storms.

The storage facilities only have so much throughput to process and store aircraft. It actually looks like some of the pictures I've seen from MZJ that they have had to repave / put down new sections of asphalt.

evank516

Tue May 05, 2020 4:56 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

My heart just broke. I understand why, but I'm still heartbroken about this. Virus or not I would love to fly on the last flight.

ACA772LR

Tue May 05, 2020 5:06 pm

evank516 wrote:
      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

My heart just broke. I understand why, but I'm still heartbroken about this. Virus or not I would love to fly on the last flight.

I’m with you there, I had planned to fly on the type before all this went down(never have and never will lol), so it stings hard

evank516

Tue May 05, 2020 6:30 pm

ACA772LR wrote:
      evank516 wrote:
      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

I’m with you there, I had planned to fly on the type before all this went down(never have and never will lol), so it stings hard

I just thought I would have one more chance to fly on it.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Tue May 05, 2020 7:26 pm

Current May Flying (outside of US)
      https://news.delta.com/where-delta-flying-may-updated

This is at least what is still for sale. This would be incredible if even 25% of this stuff comes back in June, but you got to start from somewhere.
      https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... f-03may20/

ordbosewr

Tue May 05, 2020 8:36 pm

panamair wrote:
      tphuang wrote:
      panamair wrote:

From Ed's memo today:

Awesome that they got the funding, to get the cash they are paying 7%. That is a BIG number to get the cash, almost 2% higher than Boeing needed to pay...... (I admit, there are a ton of details missing on both fronts to say they are directly comparable, but at top it is 5.15 vs 7)

This is from the Reuters article on Boeing:
      Among the debt sold was a 10-year bond with a 5.15% yield and a 450 basis point premium to U.S. Treasuries of a comparable duration, according to Refinitiv IFR data. By comparison, Boeing sold a 10.5-year bond in July with a 2.96% yield and at a 90 basis point premium to U.S. Treasuries.

lgblbc

Fri May 08, 2020 7:51 pm

DL suspending service to MDW, OAK, BUR, LGB, PVD, HPN, SWF, CAK, MHT, and PHF until at least September.

https://twitter.com/krisvancleave/statu ... 45441?s=21

PSU.DTW.SCE

Fri May 08, 2020 9:01 pm

Press release of temporary suspensions:
      https://news.delta.com/delta-temporaril ... -us-metros

MIflyer12

Fri May 08, 2020 9:11 pm

lgblbc wrote:
      DL suspending service to MDW, OAK, BUR, LGB, PVD, HPN, SWF, CAK, MHT, and PHF until at least September.

Looks like somebody finally had a close read of the DOT's use of BTS market areas. No doubt those airport authorities will soon decry how they've been martyred - just ill-served by the DOT's implementation of the legislation.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Fri May 08, 2020 9:21 pm

I'm sure DL will be taking a buzz-saw to any non-EAS domestic markets they can suspend off come October.

questions

Fri May 08, 2020 11:33 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
      I'm sure DL will be taking a buzz-saw to any non-EAS domestic markets they can suspend off come October.

Please clarify. What are “non-EAS domestic markets”?

Thanks

lightsaber

Sat May 09, 2020 2:26 am

questions wrote:
      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

Thanks

EAS means government subsidized where Delta has a contract forcing them to keep serving those cities.

I would assume small markets that are not profitable soon will have service reduced. The market on the other side will be brutal.

Lightsaber
      Flu+Covid19 is bad. Consider a flu vaccine, if not for yourself, to protect someone you care about.

chrogb43

Sat May 09, 2020 2:39 am

lgblbc wrote:

Uggghh. I love MDW and BUR. So much easier to get into Chicago and Hollywood respectively.

nwadeicer

Sat May 09, 2020 3:01 am

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

Like the "until at least September" part. LOL, they ain't coming back anytime soon.. Maybe I missed it in the article but what are the plans for the Delta agents working those stations? Can they transfer? If so is it where their seniority will hold?
      I miss the Red Tail

PSU.DTW.SCE

Sat May 09, 2020 3:03 am

Wake me up when this nightmare is over. The world sucks right now.

umichman

Sat May 09, 2020 3:14 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
      lgblbc wrote:

Looks like somebody finally had a close read of the DOT's use of BTS market areas. No doubt those airport authorities will soon decry how they've been martyred - just ill-served by the DOT's implementation of the legislation.

CAK complained about it, but not seeing complaint filings yet from the other airports impacted.

DL has requested suspending service to SAV, LAN, PIH, PIA, AZO, BQK, ORH, MEL, and FNT. This requires DOT approval as they aren't part of other BTS market areas. So far, no ruling from DOT. There have been a lot responses about DL ending LAN service. There was also a response from MEL. Not seeing complaints from anyone else.

UA wants to end GRB, GUC, ITH, AZO, SAV, and VPS. GRB is complaining but UA is planning on keeping ATW service which it views as a reasonable alternative.

Looks like AZO and SAV drew the short straw potentially losing two legacy carriers. Surprised that there have been no responses from them.
      Last edited by umichman on Sat May 09, 2020 3:31 am, edited 5 times in total.

JAMBOJET

Sat May 09, 2020 3:19 am

MIflyer12 wrote:
      lgblbc wrote:

Or delta’s self-serving read of those markets. So strange how delta kept HOU/IAH and DAL/DFW even though oak, Lgb, mdw, mht, and Pvd are easily more distinct or as comparable markets. Let’s not pretend delta is anything but self serving in this.

As they should be in these times. But self-serving? As always, yes. Delta is.

chrogb43

Sat May 09, 2020 4:28 am

nwadeicer wrote:
      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

Like the "until at least September" part. LOL, they ain't coming back anytime soon.. Maybe I missed it in the article but what are the plans for the Delta agents working those stations? Can they transfer? If so is it where their seniority will hold?

Transfer just like every past downsizing. Remember there is a likely retirement package including medical being worked out.

n7371f

Sat May 09, 2020 5:38 am

Many of DL listed flights on EAS are actually OO. Don't have all the info in front of me but there's a healthy amount that actually fall on OO.

lightsaber wrote:
      questions wrote:
      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

Thanks

EAS means government subsidized where Delta has a contract forcing them to keep serving those cities.

I would assume small markets that are not profitable soon will have service reduced. The market on the other side will be brutal.

Lightsaber

777Mech

Sat May 09, 2020 6:27 am

Looks as though CZM and MGA have been closed permanently.

ThomasMTroxell

Sat May 09, 2020 6:48 am

I don't see DL or UA ending service to SAV. DL requested to end service to BQK, just an hour's drive away and HHH, also about 45 minutes away. Makes no sense to end SAV service, especially since there is no other major airport nearby.
      CRJ CR7 CR9 E45 E70 E90 DC9 MD80 MD88 MD90 717 733 734 735 73W 738 739ER 744 752 753 763 76W 764 77E 77L 77W A319 A320 A321 A343 US HP DL FL WN LH AC BA AB UA TW

umichman

Sat May 09, 2020 11:25 am

ThomasMTroxell wrote:
      I don't see DL or UA ending service to SAV. DL requested to end service to BQK, just an hour's drive away and HHH, also about 45 minutes away. Makes no sense to end SAV service, especially since there is no other major airport nearby.

Oops, my bad. Was too quick in skimming the filings. DL wants to end HHH service (and sited nearby SAV as an alternative). And UA wants to end SAF service, not SAV.

NWAESC

Sat May 09, 2020 2:54 pm

nwadeicer wrote:
      PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

On DLNet, there is a vague mention of “pay protection” as well as the ability to work in other stations (no specifics) and leave options.

jplatts

Sat May 09, 2020 4:03 pm

JAMBOJET wrote:
      Or delta’s self-serving read of those markets. So strange how delta kept HOU/IAH and DAL/DFW even though oak, Lgb, mdw, mht, and Pvd are easily more distinct or as comparable markets. Let’s not pretend delta is anything but self serving in this.

As they should be in these times. But self-serving? As always, yes. Delta is.

One reason why DL is continuing to serve DAL is to ensure that DL doesn't lose access to gates at DAL once demand for air travel returns as all 20 of the gates at DAL are being utilized.

DL is not in the very same situation at most of the other airports that it is temporarily suspending service to as DL will be able to easily resume service at most of the other airports that it is temporarily suspending service to once demand for air travel returns.

slcdeltarumd11

Sat May 09, 2020 4:31 pm

Suspending metros with more than one airport makes sense. But all airlines can't say MHT is in the Boston area and not fly to it at all. I think every airport should have at least one carrier

Dalmd88

Sat May 09, 2020 6:51 pm

DL has been into and out of MHT numerous times over the years. My Mom has lived in Manchester for 30 years. She used to travel a lot of work before she retired. Most of her flights were out of BOS. Yes it sucks airports like this are seeing a drop in service. Many of these stations were marginal in good times. Non-rev into MHT was rarely hard as the loads were usually light.

I would expect similar descriptions for other stations on this list. Hopefully in a few months some service can resume.

I don't really agree with the statement that airlines can not consider this the same market as Boston. Years ago the airport renamed themselves Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. For years it was also part of the WN bracket the large metro airports philosophy. They served MHT and PVD but not BOS.

deltairlines

Sat May 09, 2020 7:01 pm

Dalmd88 wrote:
      DL has been into and out of MHT numerous times over the years. My Mom has lived in Manchester for 30 years. She used to travel a lot of work before she retired. Most of her flights were out of BOS. Yes it sucks airports like this are seeing a drop in service. Many of these stations were marginal in good times. Non-rev into MHT was rarely hard as the loads were usually light.

I would expect similar descriptions for other stations on this list. Hopefully in a few months some service can resume.

I don't really agree with the statement that airlines can not consider this the same market as Boston. Years ago the airport renamed themselves Manchester-Boston Regional Airport. For years it was also part of the WN bracket the large metro airports philosophy. They served MHT and PVD but not BOS.

Ever since the Ted Williams Tunnel opened and construction at BOS finished in the late 2000s, MHT has taken a big backseat. If you're on the 495 corridor (I used to live in North Andover), it's +/- a few minutes to get to either without any real hassle. If I still lived in North Andover, I'd be using BOS exclusively. Before this started, MHT had virtually no service to New York (a daily CRJ to LGA on DL; UA had stopped EWR a while back) and the only real city with any frequency left was BWI.

toltommy

Sat May 09, 2020 7:11 pm

nwadeicer wrote:
      Maybe I missed it in the article but what are the plans for the Delta agents working those stations? Can they transfer? If so is it where their seniority will hold?

You did.

"Affected Delta employees will be provided pay protection options through Sept. 30, 2020."

The question, however, is, which of those stations actually have Delta employees? I know CAK and MHT are DGS (or what ever they are called now). Delta didn't consider DGS employees "Delta" even before the spinoff. Not sure about the other stations, but I suspect most are outsourced. But to the general public it sounds like Delta is pay protecting employees.
      A300/A310/A319/A320/A321/A332/A333 / 707/712/727/732/733/734/735/738/739/752/753
      /762/763/764/772/788/789/DC8/DC9-10/30/40/50/MD81/83/87/88/90/L1011-/250/500/CRJ200/440 /700/900/EMB135/140/145/170/175/190/328Jet/F70/SF3/BE1/J31

freakyrat

Sat May 09, 2020 7:34 pm

umichman wrote:
      MIflyer12 wrote:
      lgblbc wrote:

CAK complained about it, but not seeing complaint filings yet from the other airports impacted.

DL has requested suspending service to SAV, LAN, PIH, PIA, AZO, BQK, ORH, MEL, and FNT. This requires DOT approval as they aren't part of other BTS market areas. So far, no ruling from DOT. There have been a lot responses about DL ending LAN service. There was also a response from MEL. Not seeing complaints from anyone else.

UA wants to end GRB, GUC, ITH, AZO, SAV, and VPS. GRB is complaining but UA is planning on keeping ATW service which it views as a reasonable alternative.

Looks like AZO and SAV drew the short straw potentially losing two legacy carriers. Surprised that there have been no responses from them.

AZO has both SBN and GRR easily accessable on DL, UA and AA. DL can easily put the SBN-ATL and SBN-MSP flights back in if the demand is there. UA was initialy planning 10 daily flights from SBN-ORD but that has been cutback and can easily put back in. AA has only suspended the morning CLT flight which they can put back in.

freakyrat

Sat May 09, 2020 7:45 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
      The pent up demand theory might hold some legs for next summer ie summer 2021. It won't be this summer 2020.

1.borders are closed 2. It's too close at this point alot of people book summer travel by now 3.the general public does not feed safe 4. Maybe the most import alot of the biggest destinations are closed Disney, Universal, mlb games, NBA playoffs, cruises, theme parks, ski/summer resorts, Vegas, new orleans, NYC.

This summer is gonna see people playing catch up on missing out on life not flying. You will see people day trip, rent RVs , anything where they don't have to fly or being crowds of people. Flying being stuck In a small space and crowded in airports I just don't see happening this summer anywhere near a surge. The airlines all know this and are adjusting schedules don't worry massive updates coming for june, July and August still. Most just haven't had time to update but no airline is waiting for a summer massive surge to be travel back

One of the ULCC is already seeing a small uptick in bookings for the Thanksgiving Holidays. So there is hope.

DylanHarvey

Sat May 09, 2020 8:00 pm

I could see JNB opening up on time as it is not that severe in SA. But of course it is all dependent on whether or not the border opens up in South Africa. JNB notoriously prints money, but of course demand has gone off a cliff now.

NWAESC

Sat May 09, 2020 8:08 pm

toltommy wrote:

The question, however, is, which of those stations actually have Delta employees? I know CAK and MHT are DGS (or what ever they are called now). Delta didn't consider DGS employees "Delta" even before the spinoff. Not sure about the other stations, but I suspect most are outsourced. But to the general public it sounds like Delta is pay protecting employees.

MDW, OAK and PVD are all staffed with mainline employees. MDW has AW and BW both, with the other two being AW only.

freakyrat

Sun May 10, 2020 10:36 pm

Delta Connection Carrier Skywest has about a dozen or more CRJ7's and CRJ9 aircraft parked on their maintenance ramp and adjacent ramp at SBN (Covid19 Storage)