Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

planecane

Re: The new domestic service standard: just water. DL now onboard.

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:34 pm

DL717 wrote:
planecane wrote:
DL717 wrote:
One reason: Minimize exposure from food contamination.

Don’t buy it? Keep going to those drive throughs that are still open and see how that shakes out for you.

No. Not food contamination. Possibly the packaging for however long the virus lives on a paper or plastic bag but that's no different from buying something at the grocery store.

The FDA has specially said that there is no evidence of transmission by eating food.

If they are giving sealed bottles this prevents touching of cups. It also minimizes the interaction time between FA and PAX because there are no choices.

Airline meals are put together by humans, not a machine. Getting a meal on a plane is not the same as a TV dinner. There are tons of opportunities along the airline meal production chain for exposure. It’s not the same as the grocery store.

As for food contamination? How about someone sneezing on those nice red tomatoes you just touched? Did it get washed with soap before you touched them? How about that checkout counter you set them on? I guess you went from picking them up with a rubber glove, kept them sealed until you got home and immediately dropped them into a sink of soapy water to make sure it was sterile. Oops. Probably weren’t very careful with those rubber gloves that has the virus on it that’s now on your steering wheel in your car for then next time you drive over the next couple of weeks when you don’t wear gloves. Same with everything else you picked up at the grocery store right? Now go eat that salad in Business Class. Maybe it comes with Dawn salad dressing and water.

Food preparation is supposed to be done under sanitary conditions to start with. All of those things that you mention could happen with all kinds of other illnesses so you should never eat a prepared meal again.

The FDA has said there is no evidence of transmission of SARS-CoV-2 from consuming food. Being a respiratory illness it doesn't enter through the digestive system.

I always have washed vegetables with soap at home and fruits and vegetables are supposed to be washed in food service establishments, mostly to prevent bacterial infections. If they weren't prepared in a sanitary fashion in general people would get things like e. coli illnesses from these places all the time.

LAXBUR

Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:41 pm

I had to fly a couple days ago and I could really see service like this sticking around. WN was making announcements encouraging you to go buy food prior to bring onto the plane. Hope I’m wrong, but I agree with others this may be something that sticks.

alasizon

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 pm

kavok wrote:
Bottle water is not any cheaper than soda anyway. So there really isn’t much of a cost savings by just going to water. And even though the alcohol is going away for now, you can bet Delta won’t pass up the future opportunity to sell drinks in coach once the virus situation ends.

The cost of water vs soda isn't different; but the weight is. Take a 76 seat RJ for example, most catering boards about 100 sodas, 60-80 mixers, 4-8 cartons of OJ and apple juice plus your alcohol for a round trip. Now if instead you only board 160 waters, you get a weight savings of roughly 150-200 lbs based on some back hand math. Is that a lot? No. However, every little bit of savings helps. Likewise because you are only packing water, your cost for the catering work goes down (less people required, less trays being used/handled).

It is mostly an FA safety measure but it also does provide some cost savings.
Airport (noun) - A construction site which airplanes tend to frequent

32andBelow

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:24 pm

cedarjet wrote:
VSMUT wrote:
Well I'll make sure to avoid KLM for my long-haul business class trips in the forseeable future then.

Yes, you do that.

Where the hell do you think your even going right now. Nowhere. your going nowhere.

TangoandCash

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:29 pm

SWALUV wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Remember airlines got rid of meals due to 9/11. The meals never came back.

9/11 didn't involve a virus that spreads via contaminated surfaces.. This is temporary.

I'll believe this is temporary when I'm offered a Coke on my next flight (whenever that might be).

stlgph

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:34 pm

If this is the new norm for travel, time to buy stock in Starbucks.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

32andBelow

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:42 pm

TangoandCash wrote:
SWALUV wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
Remember airlines got rid of meals due to 9/11. The meals never came back.

9/11 didn't involve a virus that spreads via contaminated surfaces.. This is temporary.

I'll believe this is temporary when I'm offered a Coke on my next flight (whenever that might be).

It’s obviously temporary. Why would they discontinue selling alcohol which makes them money? They are doing it so the flight attendants have a chance of not getting COVID 19

slcdeltarumd11

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:43 pm

stlgph wrote:

Maybe but air travel isn't coming back till there is a vaccine. Even then I think people will take a few months to really consider air travel for leisure too. Companies are getting use to video conferencing that may never come back to the same numbers.

Remember when it was just the MAX people were afraid of, such simpler times two weeks ago! Crazy that we went from records to empty so fast.

calstanford

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:44 pm

Beyond idiotic that there are still flights in the US spreading the virus from state to state and city to city. Good luck to you all.

ozark1

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:50 pm

As a cabin crewmember I will say that I definitely believe that this is not permanent. The precautions they are taking are for both passenger and cabin crew. AA is blocking center seats, among many other measures to keep people further apart from each other. I noticed that even before this pandemic, passengers didn't ask for very much, even on long flights. I think a bottle of sealed water would satisfy them completely. Hopefully those in F/C and B/C will understand the changes, but if there are any objections, that is where they will come from.

irelayer

Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:53 pm

CobaltScar wrote:
Passengers should want this. Or do you really need a cup of coffee that has a lid pressed down on it by the gloved hand of a FA that has been doing tons of other things with that same gloved hand? Or ice for a coke that was scooped up with a small tool that has the FAs hand inside the ice bucket??

Oh and lets not forget many of these same FAs are expected to dig into seat back pockets and cross seatbelts between flights too. And with how catchy this thing is, well...

Oh this is the worst...when they touch the entire rim of the cup to hand it to you. Why do people do this? WN is the worst offender because they bring things out in trays. I'm talking before the current situation.

Also, ice and limes/lemons are one of the worst when it comes to food handling cross contamination potential...

stlgph

Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:07 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
stlgph wrote:

Maybe but air travel isn't coming back till there is a vaccine. Even then I think people will take a few months to really consider air travel for leisure too. Companies are getting use to video conferencing that may never come back to the same numbers.

Remember when it was just the MAX people were afraid of, such simpler times two weeks ago! Crazy that we went from records to empty so fast.

all the more reason to buy now.
if assumptions could fly, airliners.net would be the world's busiest airport

Jerseyguy

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:20 pm

speedbird52 wrote:
Spiderguy252 wrote:
It's as 'temporary' as the fuel surcharge introduced in 2007 to combat 'currently high fuel prices'.

Exactly. Be careful with what you accept as a "counter measure for Covid 19". It may end up never going away. What's that saying about the frog in the boiling pot of water?

They may try but I'm sure an airline like Jetblue, Southwest, or I'm almost positive Breeze will offer more as an advertising perk. Actually, Do we know if Breeze is planning on charging for drinks and snacks?

And yes, Breeze is coming may be delayed but its coming. There will be alot of dropped routes that they will cherry pick the best and start flying.

Boof02671

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:30 pm

AA said they will still offer canned beverages.

United1

Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:40 pm

Boof02671 wrote:

As is United
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

blacksoviet

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 pm

United1 wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

As is United

Does that include beer or just soda? Is beer still available in First Class?

Iloveboeing

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:28 pm

n7371f wrote:
Communications are going out tonight to DAL inflight that beginning Wednesday morning, their service will all but emulate Southwest and AA: water. This includes all DAL domestic first class - nothing catered but bottled water and for flights over 900 miles, a flight fuel box. Only domestic run not effected is ATL-HNL.

Obviously a cost cutting move - also a health prevention move - and recent feedback from in-flight crews that most passengers were just asking for bottled water.

Well, it'd be nice if water-only was permanent; drinking only water has enormous health benefits. If people didn't drink all those soft drinks, fruit juices and alcohol, we'd have a much healthier flying public and a much healthier general population also. I quit drinking sugary drinks over a year and a half ago (have had only two milkshakes since) and it's made the world of difference in my life.

So, while COVID-19 has been causing this scare, in my opinion, I think it would be nice if people focused on drinking only water.

Boof02671

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm

blacksoviet wrote:
United1 wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

As is United

http://news.aa.com/news/news-details/20 ... fault.aspx

For all flights shorter than 2,200 miles (typically less than 4 1/2 hours):
Alcohol will not be available in Main Cabin. Alcohol will be available on request in first class.
Beverages available on request and limited to water, canned beverages or juice.
No snacks or food for purchase will be served.
Meals will not be offered in first class.
For all flights longer than 2,200 miles (typically more than 4 1/2 hours), including transcontinental and flights to Hawaii:
Alcohol will not be served in Main Cabin and Main Cabin Extra except on long-haul international flights. Alcohol will be available in first class.
Other Main Cabin beverages will be served as usual.
No snacks or food for purchase will be served. Main Cabin meals will be served on long-haul international flights.
First and business class meals will be served on one tray versus in courses.
American will also suspend predeparture beverage service on all flights.

"Our flight attendants spend the most time with our customers and play a critical role in ensuring the safety and well-being of our customers," said Jill Surdek, Senior Vice President of Flight Service. "As a result of working with our flight attendant team and the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, we are taking these necessary steps today and will continue to update our policies in response to guidance from the CDC."

MartijnNL

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:33 pm

VSMUT wrote:
Well I'll make sure to avoid KLM for my long-haul business class trips in the forseeable future then.

Maybe you could give Emirates a try.

Oh, wait...

United1

Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:35 pm

blacksoviet wrote:
United1 wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

As is United

UA hasn't changed what's on offer although they have changed how it's offered.
DL is offering only bottled water on all domestic flights (no cups or ice)...the only carve out to that is ATL-HNL still offers a full service.
AA is not serving alcohol in coach on any domestic flight however they will offer alcohol in First upon request. As for non alcoholic water, canned beverages and juice will still be offered on short haul domestic flights. Longer domestic flights (TCON, Hawaii) will still offer a full beverage service sans alcohol in Y.
I know the voices in my head aren't real but sometimes their ideas are just awesome!!!

TW870

Wed Mar 25, 2020 10:30 pm

As a platinum on DL I fully support this - because it helps flatten the curve and keep the flight attendants (and passengers) safe. I relocated to work remotely during the lockdown. On that relocation flight, which was a DL West Coast to the Midwest flight, I got my upgrade on a flight with a hot dinner and cocktails, but did not take any service - just because there are too many touch points and I wanted to help keep the FA safe in case I had it without having symptoms.

This is not permanent. Obviously there is going to be a big down turn, but DL was generating a big revenue premium before with service, and there will be plenty of room in the market to return to a soft- and hard-product service driven business as demand recovers. I have a business trip in the fall planned and am already booked on DL and AF in J. If the virus has been brought under control I will go. If they gut the business class service, I will switch my loyalty to another carrier that has better service. But I doubt I will have to do that.

afcjets

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:00 am

DL717 wrote:

Airline meals are put together by humans, not a machine. Getting a meal on a plane is not the same as a TV dinner. There are tons of opportunities along the airline meal production chain for exposure. It’s not the same as the grocery store.

As for food contamination? How about someone sneezing on those nice red tomatoes you just touched? Did it get washed with soap before you touched them? How about that checkout counter you set them on? I guess you went from picking them up with a rubber glove, kept them sealed until you got home and immediately dropped them into a sink of soapy water to make sure it was sterile. Oops. Probably weren’t very careful with those rubber gloves that has the virus on it that’s now on your steering wheel in your car for then next time you drive over the next couple of weeks when you don’t wear gloves. Same with everything else you picked up at the grocery store right? Now go eat that salad in Business Class. Maybe it comes with Dawn salad dressing and water.

Lol I can totally relate. I actually wipe my steering wheel and door handles with disinfectant wipes and my hands at the same time too since it's convenient, wear sunglasses and headphones in the store as it can enter through the eyes and ears (although ears seem unlikely). I also have an N95 from Home Depot I reuse. I have at risk elderly parents at home currently, I am otherwise not the least bit germaphobic and have a really strong immune system (in some way it's actually too strong and even problematic, long story). Only perishable items get wiped with disenfectant before going in the fridge/freezer, everything soft and nonperishable stays on the back porch (screened in) for 24 hours, hard surface items either get wiped down or set aside for five days. Since I passed the hose on the way there I power hosed anything I could too. I think things will go faster on my next outing since the volume won't be as much and because I have an easy system in place. I realize it's a bit much but it wasn't really that hard.

SheikhDjibouti

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:26 am

afcjets wrote:
DL717 wrote:
As for food contamination? How about someone sneezing on those nice red tomatoes you just touched?

Lol I can totally relate. I actually wipe my steering wheel and door handles with disinfectant wipes and my hands at the same time too since it's convenient, wear sunglasses and headphones in the store as it can enter through the eyes and ears (although ears seem unlikely). I also have an N95 from Home Depot I reuse. I have at risk elderly parents at home currently, I am otherwise not the least bit germaphobic and have a really strong immune system (in some way it's actually too strong and even problematic, long story). Only perishable items get wiped with disenfectant before going in the fridge/freezer, everything soft and nonperishable stays on the back porch (screened in) for 24 hours, hard surface items either get wiped down or set aside for five days. Since I passed the hose on the way there I power hosed anything I could too. I think things will go faster on my next outing since the volume won't be as much and because I have an easy system in place. I realize it's a bit much but it wasn't really that hard.

I especially like the idea of power hosing everything.
It's a great way of turning all that fresh soft fruit into a smoothie.
In fact, for my next outing I am planning on pre-loading the pressure washer with heavy cream. The results should be spectacular. Mmmmmm! :biggrin:
Nothing to see here; move along please.

Ziyulu

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:09 am

This is just an excuse to cut costs. How hard is it to serve a snack by leaving it in the seat pocket?

jersey777

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:16 am

Ziyulu wrote:
This is just an excuse to cut costs. How hard is it to serve a snack by leaving it in the seat pocket?

Are you serious? Cut costs? There are about an average of 20 people per flight....this isn’t about costs....it’s about survival!

m007j

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:40 am

Ziyulu wrote:

Do you know how filthy the seat back pockets are? If you want cost cutting, no one is going to deep clean the seat back between each flight. If you thought it was bad just getting food from 1 FA, imagine how many other people's stuff you've touched when touching that seat back to get your snack.

mga707

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:54 am

Iloveboeing wrote:
n7371f wrote:
Communications are going out tonight to DAL inflight that beginning Wednesday morning, their service will all but emulate Southwest and AA: water. This includes all DAL domestic first class - nothing catered but bottled water and for flights over 900 miles, a flight fuel box. Only domestic run not effected is ATL-HNL.

Obviously a cost cutting move - also a health prevention move - and recent feedback from in-flight crews that most passengers were just asking for bottled water.

Well, it'd be nice if water-only was permanent; drinking only water has enormous health benefits. If people didn't drink all those soft drinks, fruit juices and alcohol, we'd have a much healthier flying public and a much healthier general population also. I quit drinking sugary drinks over a year and a half ago (have had only two milkshakes since) and it's made the world of difference in my life.

So, while COVID-19 has been causing this scare, in my opinion, I think it would be nice if people focused on drinking only water.

I hate water! I'd rather stay thirsty. Seriously, if DL can hand out bottles of water they can just as easily hand out sealed containers of other beverages. No difference.

Ziyulu

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:06 am

m007j wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

Do you know how filthy the seat back pockets are? If you want cost cutting, no one is going to deep clean the seat back between each flight. If you thought it was bad just getting food from 1 FA, imagine how many other people's stuff you've touched when touching that seat back to get your snack.

There has to be a better way then. With more stores being closed at airports, many are going to be hungry on a flight. Not being served anything for 4 hours is torture. If they can provide a bottle of water, how much harder is it to add a snack box?

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:12 am

This isn't about service; people currently flying right now are because of truly essential matters, people desperately trying to get home to their point of shelter in place, or clueless idiots.

Its all about safety to employees and the (few) customers.

744SPX

Thu Mar 26, 2020 3:30 am

Glad its just temporary. Don't Spirit my Delta.
If Delta drops Biscoff, I drop Delta.

n7371f
Topic Author

Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:09 am

Look. To deny that these massive in-flight service reductions are also not equally part of saving money is to folks flying way above 50k feet. This saves DAL several hundred pounds per flight; it saves significant $ on on outstation catering and also on hub/originating catering costs (all the the contract service savings we hear about). It saves $ on procurement. And on and on...It's also a admission that the demand is so slight in the industry that product and service differentiation no longer means squat: if someone needs to fly, they're going to book whatever works best given the 70% reduction in options. Why keep going forward with a higher overhead for in-flight. But, yes, absolutely the conavirus threat certainly helps DAL and other airlines reduce the touch points and despite being on an infectious tube, just might save a few cases on transmission. But this entire water-only move is equally about protecting money.

Who I really feel for are my companion F/A and her dozens of other friends who are flying all over the place with no clue what's actually going on. She received 11 reroutes in 24 hours, 7 since she woke up this morning. Most of it is due to flight ops cancelling flights with single digit bookings at the last minute but also sick calls and other matters. But there are few, if any, in-flight crew aboard your flight who are flying what they bid. And it's tough for them - and even worse for crew scheduling folks back in ATL who are constantly calling and even begging for crews to take changes.

TYWoolman

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:40 am

A call for liquidity from the board taken quite literally on board!

TYWoolman

Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:52 am

United1 wrote:
Boof02671 wrote:

As is United

These quotes encapsulate this new airline reality brillantly. It's like the novelty of service on aircraft has now only embarked and we have progressed finally on comparing airlines on a new metric: pure water vs soda! What happened to differentiating airlines on their carbon off-sets rather than flavored carbonation (?) Bring back 30 days ago! Sad times but I have faith this will pass!

kimimm19

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:12 am

This seems so much like dejavue...

With 9/11, the airlines too cut back their inflight service drastically and have slowly been ramping it back up over the past five years or so (generally DL driven I think) to the point before all this that I saw a trip report about a DL flight from JFK-LAX and they actually passed out complimentary snack boxes in Economy.

WidebodyPTV

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:16 am

When DL first entered LAX-SFO, they featured premium snacks for all coach passengers, and even Luvo sandwiches on select flights at one point (which taste like dog food, but it's the thought that counted). Today, most flights feature the infamous 'due to the short duration of today's flight, no service will be offered in the main cabin, but please feel free to contact your flight attendant if you require something.'

Bradin

Thu Mar 26, 2020 8:24 am

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
This isn't about service; people currently flying right now are because of truly essential matters, people desperately trying to get home to their point of shelter in place, or clueless idiots.

There are quite a few clueless idiots that are required to fly to support national security efforts because they are considered critical infrastructure workers as outlined at https://www.cisa.gov/critical-infrastructure-sectors.

I'm one of those idiots.

WidebodyPTV

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:10 am

Bradin wrote:
PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:

There are quite a few clueless idiots that are required to fly to support national security efforts because they are considered critical infrastructure workers as outlined at https://www.cisa.gov/critical-infrastructure-sectors.

I'm one of those idiots.

Are you one of those idiots, or are you one of those people he mentioned that are flying because of truly essential matters?

usa330300

Thu Mar 26, 2020 10:51 am

jpetekyxmd80 wrote:
Obviously a cost cutting move? Um, no, that will be an unintended benefit, but not a cost cutting move.

"is this permanent?" you cant be serious

It is first a cost cutting move under the auspice of prevention of CV-19.

inlikepitt

Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:43 am

Ziyulu wrote:
m007j wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

There has to be a better way then. With more stores being closed at airports, many are going to be hungry on a flight. Not being served anything for 4 hours is torture. If they can provide a bottle of water, how much harder is it to add a snack box?

4 hours...torture? Seriously? Please just stay home until this crisis blows over.

Ziyulu

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:37 pm

inlikepitt wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:
m007j wrote:

4 hours...torture? Seriously? Please just stay home until this crisis blows over.

How do you know this is a temporary change? What if it sticks? Not providing meals after 9/11 was not temporary.

smokeybandit

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:38 pm

Is it COVID-driven? Or economics driven using COVID as a scapegoat?

mia977

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:52 pm

I don't have or want an emotional support pet or want to take medicines. Can I now bring on board my own alcohol to make my gin and tonic to kill my turbulence anxiety? All seriousness, the drinkers of this world are going to be really disappointed!

EBiafore99

Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:58 pm

IMO, I can't see the problem with anything DL is doing. The reality is you are flying in a confined, metal tube. It takes only one person to put the entire aircraft at risk. The more times F/A's interact with passengers, they are not only risking themselves, but they also can become carriers of COVID-19 to other passengers. Once up in the air, your options of "distancing" may become limited, so the less interaction, the better.

Ziyulu

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:02 pm

Also, for those who say alcohol is a money maker, what stops an airline from just serving water in the future with alcohol and other drinks for purchase? BA makes a lot of money on all drinks (alcohol and non-alcoholic).

xdlx

Thu Mar 26, 2020 1:23 pm

VSMUT wrote:
Flanker7 wrote:
same meals throughout all classes with no drinks services other then water runs.

So do they compensate the business class passengers?

SURE They get back all $17.54 allocated to their meal service.

par13del

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:02 pm

Airports that have the space and favour volume over greed can make this hard for the airlines to recover their onboard services if they up the number and variety of food / drink options after TSA checkpoint. With travel at a virtual standstill, the renovation could be done fairly quickly, sure there are a number of small vendors who would jump at the option, if the airport cost is reasonable.

catiii

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Ziyulu wrote:

No, it's about limiting passenger/inflight touchpoints to protect passengers and inflight. As has been noted multiple times, water is the same cost as everything else.

catiii

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:09 pm

Ziyulu wrote:
inlikepitt wrote:
Ziyulu wrote:

How do you know this is a temporary change? What if it sticks? Not providing meals after 9/11 was not temporary.

You must not fly much. Many flights domestically have meals.

PSU.DTW.SCE

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:16 pm

I don't think some of you get it.....

Any passengers flying right now pretty much fall into any one of these categories:
1) Critical operations, defense, medical, infrastructure related travel; where the time to drive across country isn't feasible; these people
2) People rushing to travel to visit or care for a medically ill family member (not necessarily due to the virus)
3) People trying to reposition to where they can shelter-in-place; returning on the back end of some trip
The above 3 are traveling out of sheer need, don't want to necessarily be traveling at all, but doing what they have to do for a critical need

And then the last 2, which are pure idiots and should not be traveling whatsoever
4) Clueless people that think they can still go on vacation/spring break and/or going to their vacation properities despite everything being closed
5) Idiots taking advantage of dirt cheap fares and/or doing mileage runs; the airline should ban these people's FF accounts

Considering how many crews don't even want to be flying right now, particularly FAs.
We've got the virus running rampant through first responders / police departments here in Southeast Michigan.

Complaining about in-flight reductions in a dire time of need, when no one is traveling, and you aren't traveling seems quick ridiculous.

MartijnNL

Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:55 pm

PSU.DTW.SCE wrote:
Idiots taking advantage of dirt cheap fares and/or doing mileage runs; the airline should ban these people's FF accounts.

Maybe the airlines should ban dirt cheap fares.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos