Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
as739x
Topic Author
Posts: 5209
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2003 7:23 am

Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:38 am

Jonesboro KJBR has been almost destroyed by a tornado, just a few hours ago

https://twitter.com/KJNBNews/status/1244042771587104769

I’ve also received many pics from my former coworkers. The terminal is trashed. Thankfully haven’t heard of any injuries
"Some pilots avoid storm cells and some play connect the dots!"
 
ltbewr
Posts: 15101
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:02 am

There was a long line of thunderstorms with some tornadoes in Iowa, possibly elsewhere,from Oklaholma to Ohio moving through the afternoon and evening today. That looks like that time the tornado hit Springfield/Hartford airport years ago.
 
User avatar
stl07
Posts: 2352
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:11 am

Man, the hits just keep coming for local midwest carrier air choice one. First the loss of major contracts, then the virus, now this.
Instead of typing in "mods", consider using the report function.
Love how every "travel blogger" says they will never fly AA/Ethihad again and then says it again and again on subsequent flights.
 
T4thH
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:14 am

This airport seems to be erased, everything above earth it is gone to the maker or heavily damaged. Let us hope, that really no one was hurt or killed.
 
wingnutmn
Posts: 523
Joined: Thu Jan 08, 2004 10:27 am

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:19 am

DL, AA and UA are all reevaluating where they can park their fleets so they can collect insurance.premiums....
Any landing you can walk away from is a good landing! It's a bonus if you can fly the plane again!!
 
T4thH
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:30 am

wingnutmn wrote:
DL, AA and UA are all reevaluating where they can park their fleets so they can collect insurance.premiums....


Sorry, that is not any more funny. Not only the airport was hit, the tornado moved through Jonesboro and has destroyed big parts of the town. In following Twitter tread, there are several pictures and videos, also from the tornado itself, how it moves through the town.
https://twitter.com/KJNBNews
 
Moosefire
Posts: 134
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:47 pm

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:04 am

T4thH wrote:
wingnutmn wrote:
DL, AA and UA are all reevaluating where they can park their fleets so they can collect insurance.premiums....


Sorry, that is not any more funny. Not only the airport was hit, the tornado moved through Jonesboro and has destroyed big parts of the town. In following Twitter tread, there are several pictures and videos, also from the tornado itself, how it moves through the town.
https://twitter.com/KJNBNews


It’s a little funny.
MD-11F/C-17A Pilot
 
T4thH
Posts: 959
Joined: Thu Jun 06, 2019 11:17 pm

Re: Jonesboro (JBR) Arkansas airport almost destroyed by a tornado

Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:51 pm

Moosefire wrote:
T4thH wrote:
wingnutmn wrote:
DL, AA and UA are all reevaluating where they can park their fleets so they can collect insurance.premiums....


Sorry, that is not any more funny. Not only the airport was hit, the tornado moved through Jonesboro and has destroyed big parts of the town. In following Twitter tread, there are several pictures and videos, also from the tornado itself, how it moves through the town.
https://twitter.com/KJNBNews


It’s a little funny.


This is one of the few cases, we have to thanks the Coronavirus pandemic. the tornado seems to have missed some houses, moved through a big mall and the airport and has destroyed/let collapse several buildings of the mall and the airport and has played billiard with parked cars and planes. Without Coronavirus, the mall will have been full but now it was closed.
Only few slightly hurt as result and as only buildings and equipment destroyed and all survived; yes, now it is funny again.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos