Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Fliplot

Re: Irish 4/20: A bit of a dip ...

Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:36 pm

I think aviation in general and airlines specifically are going to have a "bath water and kitchen sink" year! With so many end of use aircraft parkings, routes permanently cancelled and associated downsizing costs, the write offs will be staggering and airlines never miss an opportunity to clear out any other dead wood. 2020 is that year especially as all carriers will be reporting lisses

alancostello

Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Eagleboy wrote:

Emirates, as a full service airline carry over the required safety numbers so can afford to reduce cabin crew numbers.

My point in raising the situation with Emirates is that they are potentially operating 77Ws (a 10-door plane) with only 4 cabin crew, and likely never more than 6 or 8 as the planes aren't full and leaving doors unmanned, per the link I attached. As these flights are operating to Europe I asked the question whether they are abiding by EASA rules or whether only the UAE rules apply as a UAE carrier.

OA260

Fri Apr 10, 2020 6:06 pm

Government should question necessity of passenger flights – Immunology expert

Eighty-six flights due to arrive and depart from Dublin airport on Friday

Immunology expert Professor Kingston Mills has called on the Government to question airlines about the necessity for passenger flights in and out of Ireland.

www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-n ... 9?mode=amp

Pintman

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:54 am

Just arrived back from Australia flying MEL-DOH-DUB landing in DUB yesterday afternoon. Flew MEL-DOH on the A350-1000 with a Y load of around 98%, DOH-DUB on the 787 had a Y load of about 95% also albeit just the 2 pax in J.

Surreal experience travelling intercontinentally during these times. Needless to say all the land and airside outlets closed in MEL and DOH except for one or two cafes offering take away facilities. Even the water fountains in DOH all turned off for health reasons. QR excellent in all aspects as usual. DUB was a ghost town upon arrival and all very relaxed, couple of leaflets handed out regarding the restriction of movements but that was it.

Interestingly QR have sent me a $100USD voucher as a thank you for choosing to fly with them during these tough times, which I found quite funny given that they are the only option flying Oz-Europe routes at the minute with the exception of a few government sponsored repatriation flights.

OA260

Sat Apr 11, 2020 7:58 am

Stobart Air in crunch talks on its survival
'All options on the table' for carrier

The board of Aer Lingus Regional operator Stobart Air is locked in crunch talks with financial advisers, thrashing out options to save the business, the Irish Independent has learned.

Sources close to the situation said "all options are on the table", including potentially seeking court protection through an examinership if the board and independent accountants believe the company meets the criteria.

The situation creates major uncertainty for remaining workers at the Dublin-based airline, which before the coronavirus pandemic employed about 450 staff.

https://amp.independent.ie/business/iri ... 18076.html

leghorn

Sat Apr 11, 2020 9:13 am

my post was deleted...probably because the main point wasn't clear enough; extension of lockdown goes to 5th May. There is no point flying in to Ireland as the Country is closed for business until next month at the earliest.

Aer Lingus are not telling me my flight in April will be cancelled in the hope that I'll re-book or take a voucher. I'll wait until they cancel and then use the refund webpage which exists but which they are telling nobdy about in communications. Ryanair are offering a refund without quibble.

Eagleboy

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:16 am

alancostello wrote:
.........My point in raising the situation with Emirates is that they are potentially operating 77Ws (a 10-door plane) with only 4 cabin crew, and likely never more than 6 or 8 as the planes aren't full and leaving doors unmanned, per the link I attached. As these flights are operating to Europe I asked the question whether they are abiding by EASA rules or whether only the UAE rules apply as a UAE carrier.

Would be interesting to know the regs.
I would agree in principle. With 20-30 people on a 300 seater aircraft it should be possible to adjust the cabin crew numbers.
Keep them confined to an area between 2 sets of doors. This would reduce the number of crew exposed.

OA260 wrote:
Government should question necessity of passenger flights – Immunology expert
Eighty-six flights due to arrive and depart from Dublin airport on Friday
Immunology expert Professor Kingston Mills has called on the Government to question airlines about the necessity for passenger flights in and out of Ireland.........

I am inclined to agree. At this point anyone who needs to travel would have done so.
But I would have no issue with inbound flights if we followed the example of some other countries and had hotels open to receive those travelers. But giving out a leaflet and asking them to isolate for 14 days is laughable.
But is it really 86 flights? Is it 43 departures, some of which may be cargo. And in reality how many passengers are on these flight?
Because I know that Aer Lingus (incl Regional) only had 10 departures from Dublin yesterday.

EDIT; article iteslf ansers those question;
Fewer than 1,000 people are scheduled to travel through Dublin airport on Friday, with the actual number of passengers expected to turn up likely to be less.
There would typically be more than 100,000 passengers flying through the airport at Easter, according to DAA, which operates and manages Dublin and Cork airports.
There are 86 flights due to arrive and depart from Dublin airport – 14 of which are cargo flights and four which stop in Dublin for refuelling.

leghorn wrote:
..........Aer Lingus are not telling me my flight in April will be cancelled in the hope that I'll re-book or take a voucher. I'll wait until they cancel and then use the refund webpage which exists but which they are telling nobody about in communications. Ryanair are offering a refund without quibble.
Posts on social media now saying that FR have stopped cash refunds and are going the voucher route. I wonder did they decide t follow the decision of most other airlines?

leghorn

Sat Apr 11, 2020 10:23 am

My Ryanair cancellation which was submitted on 1st April is being processed. I haven't received it yet but it is being processed.

AmricanShamrok

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:25 am

My FR refund (submitted 20th March) is being processed too. No mention of vouchers in their latest e-mail to me, just notifying me there is a huge backlog and assuring me it is in the queue for processing.

Regarding RE, I didn't think they were in that dire a situation but I guess regional airlines may be disproportionately affected (like WX). If RE goes under, it would leave a big gap in EI's shorthaul network where routes which are probably too thin for A320 service will no longer be connected to the DUB hub.

Also, could EI use this opportunity to retire the three aging A321s along with with the previously-mentioned A332s?

JAmie2k9

Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:27 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
My FR refund (submitted 20th March) is being processed too. No mention of vouchers in their latest e-mail to me, just notifying me there is a huge backlog and assuring me it is in the queue for processing.

Regarding RE, I didn't think they were in that dire a situation but I guess regional airlines may be disproportionately affected (like WX). If RE goes under, it would leave a big gap in EI's shorthaul network where routes which are probably too thin for A320 service will no longer be connected to the DUB hub.

Also, could EI use this opportunity to retire the three aging A321s along with with the previously-mentioned A332s?

They own the A321s so unless they are causing extra costs outside general maintenance don't see them going.

dergay

Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:59 pm

leghorn wrote:
My Ryanair cancellation which was submitted on 1st April is being processed. I haven't received it yet but it is being processed.

Same here - can't say the same for EI though! They are offering vouchers for September to mid-December, flight changes to June, July or August carry a €120.00 change fee per return journey!
Flown on A300,A310,A318,A319,A320,A321,A330,B707,B720,B727,B737,B747,B757,B767,L382,L1011,C5,DC-3,DC8,

OA260

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:09 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:

FR have stated it could be 2-3 months before people get cash refunds.

If Stobart cant keep Aer Lingus Regional flights going then Aer Lingus are in a bad situation as their TATL DUBHUB relies on a decent proportion of connections from this source.

kaitak
Topic Author

Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:55 pm

I would hate to see them go. surely banks will understand that there us a fundamentally good business there and that Stobart, like every airline is the world is in a situation not of its own making . Hard to see how anyone would benefit from Stobart ceasing ops .

Incidentally, EK has published its schedule from May 1 and it shows Dublin getting two dailies from the start; many other destinations getting only one. Maybe they are seeing the example of QR?

OA260

Sat Apr 11, 2020 8:52 pm

#ShineYourLight. #LonraighdoSholas

EIEIDW

Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:25 pm

UA appear to be holding onto the new SFO route, albeit a month later than planned.
-
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-13apr20/

AmricanShamrok

Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:22 pm

EIEIDW wrote:
UA appear to be holding onto the new SFO route, albeit a month later than planned.
-
https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-13apr20/

Good to see UA's Irish routes survive the (initial?) cull for S20.

EWR-DUB resuming 4th June
ORD-DUB resuming 1st July
IAD-DUB resuming 1st July
EWR-SNN resuming 1st July

OA260

Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:04 am

Covid-19 having ‘severe impact’ on revenues of Irish Aviation Authority
The IAA has agreed with its unions to pay staff full salaries until the end of May

Covid-19 is having a “severe impact” on the Irish Aviation Authority’s (IAA) €200 million a year revenues, the air travel safety watchdog has confirmed.

The IAA, funded by the airlines that use its air traffic control and safety services, has agreed with its unions that it will pay staff their full salaries until the end of May.

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... 5?mode=amp

IrishTexan

Wed Apr 15, 2020 5:58 am

Just saw this news on Covid19 impact on Stobart Air.
https://www.irishtimes.com/business/tra ... -1.4228950

ELBOB

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:05 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:

Isn't it curious that when you're paying *them* it's out of your account in minutes, but a refund takes two weeks even in good times?

I'd be interested as to whether there's a technical reason for that, or just cashflow optimisation.

OA260

Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:31 am

Pandemic turbulence hits Ryanair credit rating
Fitch sees slow industry recovery

Ryanair will be hit by its exposure to countries most affected by the coronavirus pandemic and air travel restrictions that will remain in place "well beyond" the second half of this year, according to ratings agency Fitch.

Fitch downgraded Ryanair's rating to 'BBB' yesterday from 'BBB+', reflecting expectations for the wider aviation industry.

But it also acknowledged that the carrier has "industry-leading liquidity".

www.independent.ie/business/irish/pande ... 28936.html

AmricanShamrok

Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:24 am

ELBOB wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

Isn't it curious that when you're paying *them* it's out of your account in minutes, but a refund takes two weeks even in good times?

I'd be interested as to whether there's a technical reason for that, or just cashflow optimisation.

Apparently FR have less admin staff available to them at the moment which is one of the reasons: "This has been compounded by government public health restrictions on non-essential work travel which means we have less staff available to us during this busy time".

TUGMASTER

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:06 am

AmricanShamrok wrote:
ELBOB wrote:
AmricanShamrok wrote:

Apparently FR have less admin staff available to them at the moment which is one of the reasons: "This has been compounded by government public health restrictions on non-essential work travel which means we have less staff available to us during this busy time".

So much for the automated process....

Fliplot

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:37 am

I guess it beats 'the cheque is in the pist"

Fliplot

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:51 am

Not sure Stobart's problems are only virus related. I think Flybe collapse has not helped!

Eagleboy

Wed Apr 15, 2020 12:32 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:

Funny how the cash refunds were working fine a couple of weeks ago. But now its all vouchers....almost like they had a look at what other airlines were getting away with.......

OA260

Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:03 pm

Fliplot wrote:
Not sure Stobart's problems are only virus related. I think Flybe collapse has not helped!

Speaking of them and Aer Lingus Regional all flights except DUB-CFN cancelled until 6/5 in latest wave of cancellations.

When you call these airlines to cancel for a refund the agent is usually briefed to do all they can to get the customer to take a voucher . Customers have been told things like “You are not entitled to a refund only a voucher “ or “It will take 3 months for a cash refund but a voucher will take only 72 hours”.

Only when the customer is forceful and confident enough and outright refuses to take a voucher will the agent give in . The number of customers who have been mislead and coerced into giving up their rights is staggering.

OA260

Wed Apr 15, 2020 2:17 pm

Looking at schedules seems QR will operate the A350-900 DUB-DOH from 27/4-31/5.

ClassicLover

Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:54 pm

OA260 wrote:
When you call these airlines to cancel for a refund the agent is usually briefed to do all they can to get the customer to take a voucher . Customers have been told things like “You are not entitled to a refund only a voucher “ or “It will take 3 months for a cash refund but a voucher will take only 72 hours”.

Only when the customer is forceful and confident enough and outright refuses to take a voucher will the agent give in . The number of customers who have been mislead and coerced into giving up their rights is staggering.

Not my experience with British Airways though. Online it's all voucher voucher voucher, but when you call them, they refund to the card without even a mention of the voucher.

I booked two trips with BA for the middle of May and end of May on 29th March. One was cancelled a week or so ago, so I called BA and they refunded it - it was in my account in less than a week. Same deal for the end of May flight which was cancelled today. Called and the cash is going back to the card, and she specifically said, "in the usual period of 3-5 days".

Both times I called - once at 8:30am and today around 3:45pm, the wait times on the Irish BA number were approximately 20 minutes.

My other refund using the online system work around took two weeks.

Contrast that with Finnair who have said it's one month for refunds... then I received an e-mail at the start of April and another about 8 days later saying "You get 10% more if you choose to switch your refund to a voucher" with a link to do just that. Needless to say I am not doing that and now their web site says it's approximately 8 weeks for refunds.

They're all different...
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Callbell

Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:20 pm

They're all different...

I’d have to agree. Iberia were pushing the voucher option online with no refund link. Called for the refund and didn’t meet any resistance. Got a call back as promised to confirm the amount, as 2 out of 4 sectors had been flown. Was surprised at how easy it was.

dergay

Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:33 pm

Anybody get this fantastic offer from Aer Lingus tonight? :whistleblower:

Dear customer,

Our company knows what it means to have the support of your customers - after all, it’s been 80 years since we sold our first ticket, and we’re showing no signs of slowing down.

So when it came time to celebrate this once-in-a-lifetime milestone, we thought we’d take the time to honour you, our customers, that have helped to build and improve the company over the many years we’ve been running.
How better to show our commitment to you than with an offer you’ll love? This unique promotion was the perfect choice for you jet-setters and holiday-makers out there.

For just 10 Eur, we’re offering exclusive access to a voucher that can purchase two tickets to just about any destination, wherever in the world you want to go – for the next year.
Love the idea of flights for less? Click here to get started.

You have one whole year to book in your flights, but our exclusive offer expires after just 48 hours - so get your voucher quickly before time runs out.

You are receiving this email because you signed up at our email listing.
If you no longer wish to receive these emails you can click here to unsubscribe at any time.
Copyright © Aer Lingus Group DAC and Aer Lingus Ltd.
Flown on A300,A310,A318,A319,A320,A321,A330,B707,B720,B727,B737,B747,B757,B767,L382,L1011,C5,DC-3,DC8,

YUAND

Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:01 pm

I do believe that the offer in the above reply was a scam from September ish. On typing the offer into Google, several links to news articles can be found advising not to click into the link and that it is a scam such as this one: https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/w ... 88398.html

OA260

Thu Apr 16, 2020 8:21 am

Shannon Airport applies for Covid-19 wage subsidy
Shannon Group warns unions of staff layoffs if it does not qualify for Government scheme

www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-a ... -1.4228923

Dublin Airport rejects 'untruths' over operations

Dublin Airport has hit out at people who “peddle untruths” about its service.

In a series of tweets today, it responded to claims that it is “business as usual” and that there is no testing or quarantining at the airport.

www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/irel ... 93955.html

OA260

Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Passenger numbers at Irish airports up 4.2% in 2019

A total of 38.1 million passengers passed through the main Irish airports last year, an increase of 4.2% over 2018, new figures from the Central Statistics Office show.

The CSO said that during the fourth quarter of 2019, over 8.5 million passengers passed through the main Irish airports, up 1.4% on the same time in 2018.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0416/1130 ... tatistics/

Skyblue39

Thu Apr 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Air Canada will be resuming all 3 stations from Dublin this summer, despite a large cull globally.
Toronto B789 from 24JUN, daily
Vancouver A333 from 24JUN, 4w
Montreal B788 from 25JUN, 4w

OA260

Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:22 am

Ryanair and Dublin Airport respond to concerns over flight chartered by Keelings Fruit carrying strawberry pickers from Bulgaria

Meath County Councillor Alan Lawes had questioned how social distancing could be observed on the plane

www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/ryan ... s-18104529

Court dismisses Ryanair appeal in pilot defamation case

The Court of Appeal has dismissed an appeal by Ryanair in its long-running defamation case against three pilots.

Ryanair had taken the case against former Ryanair pilot Captain John Goss, and two other pilots who had not worked for the airline, Captain Evert van Zwol and Captain Ted Murphy.

www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0416/1131 ... tion-case/

Skyblue39

Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:19 pm

The High Court has appointed a interim examiner to the Dublin-based regional airline CityJet.

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2020/0 ... o-cityjet/

Fliplot

Fri Apr 17, 2020 3:40 pm

I was just about to ask if EI might extend the Stobart arrangement by a few years or put the regional operation out to tender? Not sure there is now anyone who can compete with Stobart, assuming it's not in court next week!

alancostello

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Fliplot wrote:
I was just about to ask if EI might extend the Stobart arrangement by a few years or put the regional operation out to tender? Not sure there is now anyone who can compete with Stobart, assuming it's not in court next week!

I wouldn't be entirely surprised to see EI operate Regional as an owned subsidiary, this downturn might be just the right time to let Stobart flounder and let them build up a new Regional service themselves. IAG certainly seem to like that idea and it works well for Iberia Express, and BA CityFlyer to a lesser extent.

OA260

Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:39 pm

A regional in house operation with A220’s is whats needed going forward but it might take 2 years to build it up to full strength. What happens in between would be the question although demand for the DUBHUB will be hugely reduced even after things get back to near normal.

shamrock350

Fri Apr 17, 2020 11:47 pm

I believe Aer Lingus has, in the past, considered taking the Aer Lingus Regional operation in house as a last resort option. This wouldn't be the first time Aer Arann/Stobart has raised eyebrows at Shamrock House and a few contingency plans have been floated around.

If the worst did happen, now is probably the best time for it from an Aer Lingus point of view; most operations are already suspended, demand will be low for the foreseeable and there will be no sudden overnight shut down leaving thousands stranded etc. This gives Aer Lingus room to breathe and consider alternatives because when things are back up and running it will be a much smaller operation (for everyone) but any surviving regionals will be desperate for work with plenty of turboprop capacity available.

Alternatively Aer Lingus could, depending on their own situation following this crisis, see fit to take the operation in house, at least for the short term and use it as a foundation to rebuild their regional footprint and transatlantic network while maintaining a presence in key markets. This would come with a hefty price tag so it would come down to a decision between long term strategy or immediate cost concerns.

The overall health of Aer Lingus and IAG will dictate what happens once the worst of this is over.

EIEIDW

Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:17 am

UA Changes as of 18/04/20

•ORD-DUB Cancelled
•EWR-SNN Cancelled

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38/ai ... t-18apr20/

Fliplot

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:24 am

Not sure about EI regional being inhouse!.they tried before with the S340s, the nifty fifties and the BAe146s! Is it not possible they might need the smaller aircraft more now than before. Perhaps a 3 year extension would suit all parties?

AmricanShamrok

Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:19 pm

EIEIDW wrote:

•ORD-DUB Cancelled
•EWR-SNN Cancelled

To be expected I guess. That only leaves DL now from the US3 that hasn't yet made any longer term adjustments to the schedule and is still working on a month-by-month basis...

UA will operate four 757 long haul routes as per the current schedule with the bulk of international flying now carried out by the 767/777/787. Theory noted in another thread that this may be the beginning of the end for UA's 757s. Who knows?

OA260 wrote:
A regional in house operation with A220’s is whats needed going forward but it might take 2 years to build it up to full strength. What happens in between would be the question although demand for the DUBHUB will be hugely reduced even after things get back to near normal.

The A220s have nearly double the seating capacity of the ATRs so I don't know if it's a suitable one-for-one replacement (especially for the likes of IOM/NQY/high frequency ORK-UK/Irish domestic routes). I do agree there still seems to be a need for smaller jet between the ATR and the A320 for thinner continental European routes.

OA260

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:09 pm

EIEIDW wrote:

•ORD-DUB Cancelled
•EWR-SNN Cancelled

The writing was on the wall last week in the comments I reposted by their Sales manager. She was very specific in hinting that not all routes would be back sadly. Its a shame to see these two routes gone.

OA260

Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:18 pm

AmricanShamrok wrote:
EIEIDW wrote:

•ORD-DUB Cancelled
•EWR-SNN Cancelled

To be expected I guess. That only leaves DL now from the US3 that hasn't yet made any longer term adjustments to the schedule and is still working on a month-by-month basis...

UA will operate four 757 long haul routes as per the current schedule with the bulk of international flying now carried out by the 767/777/787. Theory noted in another thread that this may be the beginning of the end for UA's 757s. Who knows?

OA260 wrote:

The A220s have nearly double the seating capacity of the ATRs so I don't know if it's a suitable one-for-one replacement (especially for the likes of IOM/NQY/high frequency ORK-UK/Irish domestic routes). I do agree there still seems to be a need for smaller jet between the ATR and the A320 for thinner continental European routes.

Probably some routes would still be prop but A220 would be ideal for the likes of SOU which even BE managed to fill an E Jet and was one of their most popular routes and more important it was profitable. Id say they could make a few more routes work with a combo even.

EI321

Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Hard to see anything being ordered before next year but I think the A220 would be a good medium term replacement for the first 10-15 older A320s and the two 146s over the next 4-5 years, with the remainder of the A320s being replaced by NEOs in the longer term. Cant see the 146s lasting another 5 years even if Cityjet survives so expect them to use the CRJs if they manage to keep them and the contract, otherwise I can see it going to cityflyer. Something smaller will still be needed for the thinner UK routes and IOM, Donegal, Kerry so its hard to look past the ATRs.

OA260

Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:56 am

Agenda: CityJet and Stobart Air must shed baggage to fly

Ireland’s two regional airlines, Stobart Air and CityJet, register well down on the sympathy barometer in the current crisis. Perhaps they shouldn’t. After all, they both employ a lot of staff. And while neither is systemically important, to borrow a phrase from a former catastrophe, there is definitely a role for higher frequency, low-capacity feeder airlines in supporting network carriers.

Yet as CityJet enters examinership for a second time, in an attempt to secure 400 jobs in Dublin, and Stobart finalises its own rescue plans, it’s very hard to bang the drum on their behalf.

The problem is ownership. Both airlines were founded by goggle-wearing Irish aviation pioneers: Pat Byrne and Padraig O’Ceidigh. Both companies have been through the examinership wringer.

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/agenda-cityj ... -6xx3bggmn

OA260

Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:56 am

Coronavirus Ireland: New rules to monitor overseas travellers flying here

Proposals follow controversy over the arrival of nearly 200 workers from Bulgaria to pick strawberries for Keelings.

www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavir ... 40590.html

Jet2 puts summer 2021 flights on sale, but axes three destinations from Belfast

BUDGET carrier Jet2 has responded to the impact of the coronavirus pandemic by bringing forward the sale of its full 2021 summer programme from Belfast.

That new schedule will include a new destination from Belfast International Airport to Cyprus from May 2021.

But the 23 summer 2021 destinations still represents a reduction on the 25 it has on offer for the coming summer in Northern Ireland.

www.irishnews.com/news/northernirelandn ... t-1906543/

EI121

Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:43 am

Traffic Stats for March 2020:

Cork: 80,475 ( -54% vs Mar-19)

Dublin: 1,044,016 ( -57% vs Mar-19)

Source: European Air Traffic Statistics - The Anker Report

https://anker-report.com

ClassicLover

Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:42 am

EI121 wrote:
Traffic Stats for March 2020:

Cork: 80,475 ( -54% vs Mar-19)

Dublin: 1,044,016 ( -57% vs Mar-19)

Source: European Air Traffic Statistics - The Anker Report

https://anker-report.com

I always read The Anker Report when I get my one e-mail a month notifying me that it's out. It's very good for the state of play when it comes to routes etc in Europe.

It'll be a much bigger drop once the April figures come out, but that's pretty much global.
I do enjoy a spot of flying, especially when it's not in economy!

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos