VS11 wrote:[I said this before but here we go again. In the next 3 years:
Is BA going to send 4 huge jets to Boston? NO.
Is BA going to send 6-8 huge jets to NYC? NO.
Is BA going to decrease its flights/capacity to Miami? YES. Same for LAX and SFO.
These are high yielding lucrative markets where BA's cuts give more room to VS
* If a market needed let's say 1000 seats per day;
* BA offered 800 seats per day
* VS offered 300 seats per day
* Say that market now only needs 400 seats per day
* BA reduces their offering to 400 seats per day
How is that creating more room to VS? Seems to me that VS will also need to shrink proprotionally?
Or do you honestly believe that magically BA will be so kind to shrink their offering to less than 200 seats per day?
Yes, I realize that these numbers are totally fabricated.
If that is a problem, perhaps you can offer more realistic numbers we can have a go at . . .