Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

ddaly241
Topic Author

Re: Newark Airport Future

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:02 pm

leader1 wrote:
A few things I should clear up because there is a lot of erroneous information on this thread. Lots of posts seem to be in dreamland here with no basis in reality.

First of all, EWR is not slot-controlled anymore. It used to be, but the FAA relaxed them because the delay situation improved enough and they were getting concerned that UA had a monopoly and new carriers were more or less blocked from entering. EWR is still monitored as it is a Level 2 Slot Coordinated airport, which means the FAA has to review and approve all schedules. So, while not officially slot-controlled, it is still regulated and they’re not going to allow things to go out of control like they were before. Last I heard, they wanted to keep flights per hour in the 74-76 range.

Also, EWR is not getting a new runway. Period. Let’s put this to bed right now. When I worked at PANYNJ (specifically on EWR capital projects), there were no plans to add a new runway then and I haven’t heard of any plans to add one since I left. The RPA proposal is just urbanist fantasy that will most likely never see fruition. Granted, RPA does get some funding from PANYNJ, but much of what they propose has no basis in reality. Other than the new terminal, some facility improvements, taxiway and runway repairs and the new end-arounds, there won’t be much else done to improve airside capacity. The end-arounds will improve ground movement so arriving planes won’t have to cross the departure runway, but it won’t do anything to increase the airport’s capacity. Which leads me to...

And even if EWR does get a new runway, it won’t be all that useful because of the surrounding airspace. NYC airspace is complex in that you have several major airports that are within 20 miles or less of each other. With regards to EWR, you have TEB up north and LGA’s airspace which starts along the Hudson River to the east. This severely impacts what ATC can do with regards to moving the planes in and out of the airport. For instance, because LGA’s airspace is so close to the east, you can’t have parallel arrivals because there’s just one approach path that leads to the airport. EWR does have procedures that allow staggered approaches on the 4s, but they’re rarely used because it would interfere too much with departing traffic and arrival and departing traffic are generally evenly balanced throughout the day. That’s just one example of the ATC limitations at EWR - there are many others.

And EWR’s airfield layout is terrible and can’t realistically accommodate that many more flights. The main parallels are too close together and then you have the airspace issues that I highlighted above. The traffic level before this pandemic is probably what you will see in the future, if it ever returns. Even if you add more gates, not much else can be done with the current layout that will lead to an increase in flights. Even in good weather conditions, the airport often runs on a Ground Delay Program (GDP), which is almost everyday!

I 100% agree. Is there plans for new ATC that can deal with NY airspace better?

N649DL

Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:47 pm

Polot wrote:
blacksoviet wrote:
Why did Continental take 20 years to build Terminal C?

They didn’t.

Terminal C was started in the 1970s with the other terminals (with a planned similar design) but at the time EWR didn’t need the capacity so construction stopped. As PEOPLExpress grew in the 80s work started on C again and it was completed in 1988, a year after CO bought People. PEOPLExpress was planning on fully moving out of the North terminal and using the new C.

This is true. PE was the brainchild going into the planning of Terminal C. They also used it for International arrivals as well. CO swooped in the nick of time and thus it became a CO terminal as PE was erased. The shell of the terminal was built like A and B but largely unused until PE did the planning for expansion in C-1 and C-2 in 1987. C-3 was IIRC the express concourse until 2002 when CO fully expanded it into what it is now. That was a major overhaul for the entire terminal in the early 2000s: parking garage walkway (and new adjacent parking garage), revamped baggage claim areas, new security course walkway etc. They did a nice job but quickly outgrew it, IMHO.

leader1

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:51 am

ddaly241 wrote:

Not really. There are some new proposed procedures for landings on the 22s/4s at JFK, but I don’t think they’ve been implemented yet. The refurbished 13L/31R at JFK with the new taxiway should also help with arrivals and there were rumors that they would get rid of slots there shortly after the reconstruction was finished.

At EWR, the new end-arounds will help with ground traffic so arrivals won’t interfere with departures. That should improve departure efficiency, but EWR’s main problem is arrivals and there isn’t much that can be done there. EWR has PRM, which allows instrument parallel landings with closely-spaced parallels, but EWR’s runways are too close together for even that. And, again, you have the problem with one approach path.

You really need to close one of the airports to have the others operate more to their true potential. That would open up the airspace for the others.
Leader-1

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:53 am

What are the future routes that United can bring into EWR. I was thinking UA could relaunch EWR-BFS.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:56 am

leader1 wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:

Not really. There are some new proposed procedures for landings on the 22s/4s at JFK, but I don’t think they’ve been implemented yet. The refurbished 13L/31R at JFK with the new taxiway should also help with arrivals and there were rumors that they would get rid of slots there shortly after the reconstruction was finished.

At EWR, the new end-arounds will help with ground traffic so arrivals won’t interfere with departures. That should improve departure efficiency, but EWR’s main problem is arrivals and there isn’t much that can be done there. EWR has PRM, which allows instrument parallel landings with closely-spaced parallels, but EWR’s runways are too close together for even that. And, again, you have the problem with one approach path.

You really need to close one of the airports to have the others operate more to their true potential. That would open up the airspace for the others.

I heard that Teterboro would be closing in the future.

leader1

Thu Apr 09, 2020 2:11 am

ddaly241 wrote:

Not at all. It’s the busiest private jet airport in the world. I think they even expanded (or were planning to) the area a bit to add new hangars.
Leader-1

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:32 pm

Does EWR need a new terminal headhouse? If so, how would this affect other terminals?

aemoreira1981

Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:17 pm

leader1 wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:

Not at all. It’s the busiest private jet airport in the world. I think they even expanded (or were planning to) the area a bit to add new hangars.

Actually, that would be in Arizona (DVT), which is the 25th busiest airport in the world, and busiest that only handles general aviation. However, TEB is pretty busy, with about 470 movements on average per day. I could see a situation, however, where general aviation (non-cargo) is banned from EWR and required to go to TEB only.

As for EWR, the biggest problem will always be: you can only approach EWR from the west (a Runway 29 landing always requires circling, be it a 22 circle 29 or the rare 4 circle 29 "bridge visual"). To change that would require closing LGA, but that brings a whole other set of problems, as LGA is the closest airport to midtown NYC (it's a situation not unlike LIN and MXP in Italy). TEB lies pretty much at the localizer intercept for the 22s to EWR.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:12 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
leader1 wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:

Actually, that would be in Arizona (DVT), which is the 25th busiest airport in the world, and busiest that only handles general aviation. However, TEB is pretty busy, with about 470 movements on average per day. I could see a situation, however, where general aviation (non-cargo) is banned from EWR and required to go to TEB only.

As for EWR, the biggest problem will always be: you can only approach EWR from the west (a Runway 29 landing always requires circling, be it a 22 circle 29 or the rare 4 circle 29 "bridge visual"). To change that would require closing LGA, but that brings a whole other set of problems, as LGA is the closest airport to midtown NYC (it's a situation not unlike LIN and MXP in Italy). TEB lies pretty much at the localizer intercept for the 22s to EWR.

EWR needs a runway at least one by like 2040.

csavel

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:33 pm

slcdeltarumd11 wrote:
Airtran is a disaster in winter. That should have been there top priority imho.

I can't even count the number of times the airtran has ruined my nights in winter. PANYNJ Get a monorail that can handle cold weather!

Airtrain to EWR is a disaster almost all the time. One reason amongst a host that I avoid EWR. Yet the Airtrain to JFK works pretty well. I've never had issues. FFS if it is cold in EWR then it is almost as cold at JFK, being right on the ocean doesn't turn it into Florida. Why the difference?
I may be ugly. I may be an American. But don't call me an ugly American.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 9:56 pm

csavel wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

I can't even count the number of times the airtran has ruined my nights in winter. PANYNJ Get a monorail that can handle cold weather!

Airtrain to EWR is a disaster almost all the time. One reason amongst a host that I avoid EWR. Yet the Airtrain to JFK works pretty well. I've never had issues. FFS if it is cold in EWR then it is almost as cold at JFK, being right on the ocean doesn't turn it into Florida. Why the difference?

The new Air train EWR should be finished by 2024

leader1

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:00 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:

I completely forgot about DVT! You're right.

If that airspace to the east was opened, 29 could be used for more landings just how PHL does with 35. EWR and PHL are extremely similar (same size, runway configuration, terminal layout, etc.), but airspace makes all the difference in the world.
Leader-1

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:17 pm

leader1 wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

If that airspace to the east was opened, 29 could be used for more landings just how PHL does with 35. EWR and PHL are extremely similar (same size, runway configuration, terminal layout, etc.), but airspace makes all the difference in the world.

EWR should use runway 29/11 more than usual, why can't they use this runway more often?

leader1

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:33 pm

[quote="ddaly241"][/quote]

Airspace.
Leader-1

aemoreira1981

Thu Apr 09, 2020 10:51 pm

ddaly241 wrote:
leader1 wrote:
aemoreira1981 wrote:

EWR should use runway 29/11 more than usual, why can't they use this runway more often?

Runway 11 is used for small planes, but hardly ever mainline, for SSE winds. To use Runway 29 means LGA has to use ILS Runway 31, and also means that there must be strong northwest winds that make LGA a single-runway operation.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Thu Apr 09, 2020 11:11 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:
leader1 wrote:

Runway 11 is used for small planes, but hardly ever mainline, for SSE winds. To use Runway 29 means LGA has to use ILS Runway 31, and also means that there must be strong northwest winds that make LGA a single-runway operation.

I see

jerseyewr777

Fri Apr 10, 2020 1:08 am

aemoreira1981 wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:
leader1 wrote:

Runway 11 earlier had 2 UPS MD11's land back to back. First one (5X2080) missed his approach.

T5towbar

Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:00 pm

leader1 wrote:
A few things I should clear up because there is a lot of erroneous information on this thread. Lots of posts seem to be in dreamland here with no basis in reality.

First of all, EWR is not slot-controlled anymore. It used to be, but the FAA relaxed them because the delay situation improved enough and they were getting concerned that UA had a monopoly and new carriers were more or less blocked from entering. EWR is still monitored as it is a Level 2 Slot Coordinated airport, which means the FAA has to review and approve all schedules. So, while not officially slot-controlled, it is still regulated and they’re not going to allow things to go out of control like they were before. Last I heard, they wanted to keep flights per hour in the 74-76 range.

Also, EWR is not getting a new runway. Period. Let’s put this to bed right now. When I worked at PANYNJ (specifically on EWR capital projects), there were no plans to add a new runway then and I haven’t heard of any plans to add one since I left. The RPA proposal is just urbanist fantasy that will most likely never see fruition. Granted, RPA does get some funding from PANYNJ, but much of what they propose has no basis in reality. Other than the new terminal, some facility improvements, taxiway and runway repairs and the new end-arounds, there won’t be much else done to improve airside capacity. The end-arounds will improve ground movement so arriving planes won’t have to cross the departure runway, but it won’t do anything to increase the airport’s capacity. Which leads me to...

And even if EWR does get a new runway, it won’t be all that useful because of the surrounding airspace. NYC airspace is complex in that you have several major airports that are within 20 miles or less of each other. With regards to EWR, you have TEB up north and LGA’s airspace which starts along the Hudson River to the east. This severely impacts what ATC can do with regards to moving the planes in and out of the airport. For instance, because LGA’s airspace is so close to the east, you can’t have parallel arrivals because there’s just one approach path that leads to the airport. EWR does have procedures that allow staggered approaches on the 4s, but they’re rarely used because it would interfere too much with departing traffic and arrival and departing traffic are generally evenly balanced throughout the day. That’s just one example of the ATC limitations at EWR - there are many others.

And EWR’s airfield layout is terrible and can’t realistically accommodate that many more flights. The main parallels are too close together and then you have the airspace issues that I highlighted above. The traffic level before this pandemic is probably what you will see in the future, if it ever returns. Even if you add more gates, not much else can be done with the current layout that will lead to an increase in flights. Even in good weather conditions, the airport often runs on a Ground Delay Program (GDP), which is almost everyday!

^^ THIS^^

You are correct, and you can't expand her that much because of all of those restrictions and limitations this post described. This is one of the oldest airports in the nation, and it is not designed to handle the amount of flights that other airports with multiple runways and airspace have. What you said about the end arounds is very important and much needed, since aircraft have to cross runways to taxi to the terminal after landing.
I know about ATC delays here because if you ever work on a PM shift in OPS or on the Ramp/Pax Service, even on a clear day, OT (mandatory) is often called because of congestion (GDP). And this is almost every night if a full schedule is ran.

You can only work with what you have. What is being done right now is to replace 50 year old facilities and modernizing them for a better passenger experience and to be more efficient. There is nothing you can do about adding runways, etc.
A comment from an Ex CON: Work Hard.....Fly Standby!

ddaly241
Topic Author

Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:51 pm

T5towbar wrote:
leader1 wrote:

^^ THIS^^

You are correct, and you can't expand her that much because of all of those restrictions and limitations this post described. This is one of the oldest airports in the nation, and it is not designed to handle the amount of flights that other airports with multiple runways and airspace have. What you said about the end arounds is very important and much needed, since aircraft have to cross runways to taxi to the terminal after landing.
I know about ATC delays here because if you ever work on a PM shift in OPS or on the Ramp/Pax Service, even on a clear day, OT (mandatory) is often called because of congestion (GDP). And this is almost every night if a full schedule is ran.

You can only work with what you have. What is being done right now is to replace 50 year old facilities and modernizing them for a better passenger experience and to be more efficient. There is nothing you can do about adding runways, etc.

I don't know if this would work with the PA, but what if they can make 2 runways over routes 1/9. They can make routes 1/9 as tunnels.

YYZLGA

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:43 pm

There's no question that the PA hasn't been planning for a new runway. They made that evident by their choice to locate the new terminal in a place that would actively preclude it. They're a very cautious organization. I'm not sure that's the right choice, though. The NYC area clearly needs an additional (usable, independent parallel) runway, and EWR is probably the easiest place to do it.

N649DL

Sat Apr 11, 2020 3:59 pm

csavel wrote:
slcdeltarumd11 wrote:

More like just flying in and out of EWR is a disaster all the time. People need to stop pretending like it's hip and cool or something.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:11 pm

YYZLGA wrote:
There's no question that the PA hasn't been planning for a new runway. They made that evident by their choice to locate the new terminal in a place that would actively preclude it. They're a very cautious organization. I'm not sure that's the right choice, though. The NYC area clearly needs an additional (usable, independent parallel) runway, and EWR is probably the easiest place to do it.

Does anyone know where this new parallel runway should be placed in EWR?

YYZLGA

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:39 pm

ddaly241 wrote:
YYZLGA wrote:

Read the RPA report. On the western side of the existing terminal area.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Sat Apr 11, 2020 11:57 pm

YYZLGA wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:
YYZLGA wrote:

Did the PA reject the runway though?

YYZLGA

Sun Apr 12, 2020 12:29 am

ddaly241 wrote:
YYZLGA wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:

It's a report by a think tank that's funded by the PA (among others). It was never an official proposal, and it came after the new terminal opened. The choice of the PA to locate a new terminal on the optimal runway location suggests that they're not interested (or that they had never considered the possibility). It would obviously be a challenging project, technically, financially, and politically, but it's pretty obvious that NYC badly lacks airfield capacity (assuming aviation bounces back within the next few years).

VC10er

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:21 am

I will be dead unfortunately by the time all NYC airports are new Grade A, perfectly worked out terminals, runways and mass transit. Even at its peak in very recent history, I personally did not feel TC was so bad. Only if your flight gate was one at the very end of a concourse where the gates are in a tight half round space and/or below in the tight space that escalators take you down to.
I no longer hate the look of the inside of the high ceiling check-in area. The latest work to add more floor space in front of security helped a lot, the new pubic lavatories are really nice.

I have read here that United would need to upguage aircraft. Given what we know today, which aircraft would require being bigger? all current NB to whatever Boeing “clean sheet” designs? 772/A350/77W to 777-9? Way more A321XLR’s?
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

VC10er

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:30 am

I’m wondering if the upcoming recession will allow for more consolidation? Eg; United buys JetBlue and is back at JFK. What other smaller US airlines are at risk of liquidation (I AM NOT SAYING JetBlue will go under, I haven’t the first clue)
But If EWR cannot seriously grow given all the facts above, for UA to maintain/grow a leadership position in NYC METRO AREA, then expand.
Crazy idea: can additional runways be built over the ocean with bullet train-versions of light rail to terminals?

If NYC and it’s surroundings keeps on growing as it has (perhaps a 2 year stall given CoV-19), it will look like it does in “THE EXPANSE” sooner vs later.
Last edited by VC10er on Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
To Most the Sky is The Limit, For me, the Sky is Home.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:31 am

YYZLGA wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:
YYZLGA wrote:

It's a report by a think tank that's funded by the PA (among others). It was never an official proposal, and it came after the new terminal opened. The choice of the PA to locate a new terminal on the optimal runway location suggests that they're not interested (or that they had never considered the possibility). It would obviously be a challenging project, technically, financially, and politically, but it's pretty obvious that NYC badly lacks airfield capacity (assuming aviation bounces back within the next few years).

Oh ok I get it now, thank you.

aemoreira1981

Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:57 pm

ddaly241 wrote:
YYZLGA wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:

Not sure, but the only area to even think of placing a new runway would be over the New Jersey Turnpike. But you would still have the major problem of: you can't approach from east of the centerline. Anywhere else would require a lot of condemnation of land and rerouting of expressways. (Even over the Turnpike would pose problems as the Port Street Bridge over the Turnpike would be just short of the threshold, and then you can't allow hazmats under the runway, basically sending that traffic around the airport.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:12 pm

I'm not sure if this is possible, but what if EWR built a new terminal where the cargo area is beside terminal 1. They can make a 600 acre space just like how the RPA planned and place the cargo area there south of runways 4L/R.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Sun Apr 12, 2020 6:14 pm

aemoreira1981 wrote:
ddaly241 wrote:
YYZLGA wrote:

Not sure, but the only area to even think of placing a new runway would be over the New Jersey Turnpike. But you would still have the major problem of: you can't approach from east of the centerline. Anywhere else would require a lot of condemnation of land and rerouting of expressways. (Even over the Turnpike would pose problems as the Port Street Bridge over the Turnpike would be just short of the threshold, and then you can't allow hazmats under the runway, basically sending that traffic around the airport.

The PA might've rejected the fact that they can build a runway over the I-95.

ddaly241
Topic Author

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:42 pm

Can EWR accommodate the A380 in the future with the new terminal 1?

Nicknuzzii

Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:45 pm

ddaly241 wrote:

No.

Nicknuzzii

Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:37 pm

What are the odds UA serves Terminal 1 upon its opening? Will UA really want or need that many gates by next year?

JFKalumni

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:09 am

ddaly241 wrote:

No way !!!

Certain areas of EWR is an accident waiting to happen as it is. EWR has too many taxiway wingtip clearance issues.

TWY S at TWY B
TWY S at TWY A
TWY A at TWY PA
TWY A at TWY N

Just to name a few.

JFKalumni

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:13 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
What are the odds UA serves Terminal 1 upon its opening? Will UA really want or need that many gates by next year?

Terminal 1 will have immigration and other FIS facilities. This will alleviate pressure off of Terminal B so it’s safe to say UA will have a presence there. I can also see the bulk of the E175’s moving into Terminal 1 as well

Nicknuzzii

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:28 am

JFKalumni wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

Terminal 1 will have immigration and other FIS facilities. This will alleviate pressure off of Terminal B so it’s safe to say UA will have a presence there. I can also see the bulk of the E175’s moving into Terminal 1 as well

It will not have these facilities unfortunately.

JFKalumni

Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:54 am

Nicknuzzii wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:

It will not have these facilities unfortunately.

The initial construction of Terminal 1 is slated to have 33 gates. Terminal 1 can be expanded to 45 gates if necessary. With all of the issues EWR is having with aircraft sitting in a remote area waiting for a Terminal B gate, I can see the port adding customs later on.

EWRandMDW

Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:26 pm

Once Terminal 1 (why change from Terminal A?) is constructed, won't the domestic carriers serving Terminal B move there? If that happens then 10 or so gates 40 - 48 will become available for customs and immigration joining the rest of Terminal B. It seems to me that is a prudent move until Terminal B is replaced.

ltbewr

Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:55 pm

One thing that will have to happen at EWR as well as many other airports is to eliminate, reduce the frequency and require larger aircraft for some small market connector flights.

JFKalumni

Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:52 pm

EWRandMDW wrote:
Once Terminal 1 (why change from Terminal A?) is constructed, won't the domestic carriers serving Terminal B move there? If that happens then 10 or so gates 40 - 48 will become available for customs and immigration joining the rest of Terminal B. It seems to me that is a prudent move until Terminal B is replaced.

I doubt it. Remember Frontier and Spirit has plans to service D.R. from Newark. If you move those two carriers into Terminal 1 without FIS available inside the new facility, you gotta pay Menzies and the port authority to tow the A320/21 from one terminal to the next. It would be easier to turn the flight if you leave everything at Terminal B

JFKalumni

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:01 pm

ltbewr wrote:
One thing that will have to happen at EWR as well as many other airports is to eliminate, reduce the frequency and require larger aircraft for some small market connector flights.

Not going to happen.

The wingtip clearance of a 777-200 alone gives cause for concern in certain areas. EWR barely has room to accommodate certain types of aircraft. Come to EWR around 18:00 and watch the Lufthansa 747-8 push off B62 into the Romeo Echo alleyway.

Nicknuzzii

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:06 pm

JFKalumni wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Not going to happen.

The wingtip clearance of a 777-200 alone gives cause for concern in certain areas. EWR barely has room to accommodate certain types of aircraft. Come to EWR around 18:00 and watch the Lufthansa 747-8 push off B62 into the Romeo Echo alleyway.

Not going to happen? It’s already happening.

JFKalumni

Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:21 pm

Nicknuzzii wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Not going to happen.

What small market connector flights justify larger aircraft?

GSO
SYR
BUF
ALB

No way

Nicknuzzii

Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:27 pm

JFKalumni wrote:
Nicknuzzii wrote:
JFKalumni wrote:

Not going to happen.

What small market connector flights justify larger aircraft?

GSO
SYR
BUF
ALB

No way

First let’s look at UA’s express ops. Many cities have been cut entirely and shifted to IAD while others such as ATL, CLT, and MIA have all received a lot more mainline aircraft.

But now if we look at UA mainline ops. we can see that LAX/SFO which were both receiving many 737s and 757s have actually been cut back slightly and now receive only 757s and widebodies. MCO was also scheduled to receive wide body ops. this spring.

STT757

Fri May 01, 2020 11:14 pm

Check out what I found at my local liquor store, EWR-MIA BEER! Love the story and route map.

ImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

leader1

Fri May 01, 2020 11:42 pm

STT757 wrote:
Check out what I found at my local liquor store, EWR-MIA BEER! Love the story and route map.

ImageImageImage

Where did you get that? I live in the region, too.
Leader-1

STT757

Fri May 01, 2020 11:45 pm

leader1 wrote:
STT757 wrote:

ImageImageImage

Millstone liquors, Millstone township off route 33.

Eastern Air lines flt # 701, EWR-MCO Boeing 757

T5towbar

Sat May 02, 2020 1:37 am

I’m gonna have to try this. I always love a good craft beer. And 16 ounce cans is great.

BTW: The new Terminal One is not supposed to be designed for FIS. This was debated during the pre construction phase. It will be easier for them to tow the plane from Terminal B to Term. One if it just one flight a day. Jet Blue does it all the time. All of the other carriers International ops are Pre-Clear, so no FIS is needed.
A comment from an Ex CON: Work Hard.....Fly Standby!

leader1

Sat May 02, 2020 1:53 am

STT757 wrote:
leader1 wrote:
STT757 wrote:

ImageImageImage

Millstone liquors, Millstone township off route 33.

Thanks!
Leader-1

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos