Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

 
User avatar
qf789
Moderator
Topic Author
Posts: 11105
Joined: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:42 pm

First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:07 am

The 1000th 787, LN1000 going to Singapore Airlines registered 9V-SCP has just taken flight for the first time performing a CHS-CHS

The aircraft has a 1000th decal on the nose of the aircraft. Singapore Airlines also took delivery of the 1000th 747 back in October 1993

Some photos of the first flight

Image

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCSpotter/sta ... 29446?s=20

Image

Image

Image

Image

https://twitter.com/AeronewsGlobal/stat ... 48705?s=20
Forum Moderator
 
User avatar
leleko747
Posts: 434
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:16 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 1:15 am

A fantastic milestone for the 787 program. Too bad this happened in such troubled times for aviation and global economy.
I wonder when people will understand:
Embraer 190 or simply E190, not ERJ-190. E-Jets are NOT ERJs!
Boeing 747-8, not Boeing 747-800. Same goes for 787.
Airbus A320, not Airbus 320.
Airbii does not exist.
 
User avatar
Antaras
Posts: 703
Joined: Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:18 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:26 am

I expected a SIAxBOE hybrid livery [just like this JT's 739] to celebrate this program milestone.

Btw, congratulation for Boeing for this great milestone of the Dreamliner program :D
Edit signature
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:05 am

qf789 wrote:
The 1000th 787, LN1000 going to Singapore Airlines registered 9V-SCP has just taken flight for the first time performing a CHS-CHS

The aircraft has a 1000th decal on the nose of the aircraft. Singapore Airlines also took delivery of the 1000th 747 back in October 1993

Some photos of the first flight

Image

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCSpotter/sta ... 29446?s=20

Image

Image

Image

Image

https://twitter.com/AeronewsGlobal/stat ... 48705?s=20

Interesting that this aircraft (and I'm assuming others too) performed her first flight under final registration (that of a foreign customer on top of that) and not temporary Boeing registration (like Airbus does at its worldwide factories, including Mobile, AL). Is there a reason for this? Technically, this plane does not belong yet to the customer.
 
Strato2
Posts: 543
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:52 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:23 am

SCP - Covid19 containment breach.
 
Jefford717
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:36 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:34 am

What a milestone. Fastest widebody to hit 1000 unit!

Am I the only one who thinks that the 787-10 has the best proportion, better than A35K, B77W and even the B748.
 
Vladex
Posts: 468
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:44 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:52 am

Jefford717 wrote:
What a milestone. Fastest widebody to hit 1000 unit!

Am I the only one who thinks that the 787-10 has the best proportion, better than A35K, B77W and even the B748.


It has a smaller wing and tiny landing gear
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10523
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:56 am

WayexTDI wrote:
qf789 wrote:
The 1000th 787, LN1000 going to Singapore Airlines registered 9V-SCP has just taken flight for the first time performing a CHS-CHS

The aircraft has a 1000th decal on the nose of the aircraft. Singapore Airlines also took delivery of the 1000th 747 back in October 1993

Some photos of the first flight

Image

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCSpotter/sta ... 29446?s=20

Image

Image

Image

Image

https://twitter.com/AeronewsGlobal/stat ... 48705?s=20

Interesting that this aircraft (and I'm assuming others too) performed her first flight under final registration (that of a foreign customer on top of that) and not temporary Boeing registration (like Airbus does at its worldwide factories, including Mobile, AL). Is there a reason for this? Technically, this plane does not belong yet to the customer.


I believe it just comes down to differences between what is allowed by the FAA vs EASA. Airbus’s overseas facilities such as Mobile still use French registrations because they are using their EASA certified assembly process so they are certified production standard aircraft.
 
WayexTDI
Posts: 1707
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:52 am

Polot wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
qf789 wrote:
The 1000th 787, LN1000 going to Singapore Airlines registered 9V-SCP has just taken flight for the first time performing a CHS-CHS

The aircraft has a 1000th decal on the nose of the aircraft. Singapore Airlines also took delivery of the 1000th 747 back in October 1993

Some photos of the first flight

Image

https://twitter.com/BoeingSCSpotter/sta ... 29446?s=20

Image

Image

Image

Image

https://twitter.com/AeronewsGlobal/stat ... 48705?s=20

Interesting that this aircraft (and I'm assuming others too) performed her first flight under final registration (that of a foreign customer on top of that) and not temporary Boeing registration (like Airbus does at its worldwide factories, including Mobile, AL). Is there a reason for this? Technically, this plane does not belong yet to the customer.


I believe it just comes down to differences between what is allowed by the FAA vs EASA. Airbus’s overseas facilities such as Mobile still use French registrations because they are using their EASA certified assembly process so they are certified production standard aircraft.

So, would that mean that the CHS factory is certified by the Singaporean authorities?
I find it interesting that Boeing, being a US entity manufacturing aircraft in the US, can fly, under their ownership, command and responsibility, an aircraft registered in a a foreign country.

When Airbus tests an aircraft out of the Mobile, AL factory, the aircraft still legally belongs to Airbus; the Mobile factory being under the assembly process certification of Airbus Toulouse, the aircraft's first flight are performed under an F-registration, then transferred to the final registry when the customer accepts them.
Seem things are different with Boeing; the Airbus way makes more sense to be honest.
 
dampfnudel
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:42 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:55 am

Good looking aircraft.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5
 
User avatar
afterburner
Posts: 1450
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:38 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:09 am

dampfnudel wrote:
Good looking aircraft.

I think she's the best looking widebody. The best looking narrowbody is A220.
 
TC957
Posts: 3786
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 1:12 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:08 am

dampfnudel wrote:
Good looking aircraft.

A good old fashioned cheatline based livery sees to that. So glad SQ hasn't been tempted by a Eurowhite scheme with just the tail or rear part painted up.
 
User avatar
TheFlyingDisk
Posts: 2060
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:43 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:28 am

Honestly it boggles the mind to see the 1000th 787 getting ready to be delivered, and in just 9 years from first delivery! I don't think any other widebody could claim such distinction.
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 2430
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:32 pm

Jefford717 wrote:
What a milestone. Fastest widebody to hit 1000 unit!

Am I the only one who thinks that the 787-10 has the best proportion, better than A35K, B77W and even the B748.


If you have a thing for Dachshunds... :duck:

Congrats to Boeing, that's quite a milestone!
If you hate wearing a mask, you’re really going to hate using a ventilator.
 
dampfnudel
Posts: 584
Joined: Wed Oct 04, 2006 9:42 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 3:06 am

TC957 wrote:
dampfnudel wrote:
Good looking aircraft.

A good old fashioned cheatline based livery sees to that. So glad SQ hasn't been tempted by a Eurowhite scheme with just the tail or rear part painted up.

I wouldn’t mind seeing other airlines return to that livery.
A313 332 343 B703 712 722 732 73G 738 739 741 742 744 752 762 76E 764 772 AT5 CR9 D10 DHH DHT F27 GRM L10 M83 TU5
 
User avatar
Pellegrine
Posts: 2451
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:19 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:33 am

Will it even be delivered on time due to everything going on?
We fly JETS, we don't fly donkeys.
 
DenverTed
Posts: 468
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:12 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:59 am

Do the wheels trucks cant forward on take off and rearward on landing?
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10523
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:31 am

WayexTDI wrote:
Polot wrote:
WayexTDI wrote:
Interesting that this aircraft (and I'm assuming others too) performed her first flight under final registration (that of a foreign customer on top of that) and not temporary Boeing registration (like Airbus does at its worldwide factories, including Mobile, AL). Is there a reason for this? Technically, this plane does not belong yet to the customer.


I believe it just comes down to differences between what is allowed by the FAA vs EASA. Airbus’s overseas facilities such as Mobile still use French registrations because they are using their EASA certified assembly process so they are certified production standard aircraft.

So, would that mean that the CHS factory is certified by the Singaporean authorities?
I find it interesting that Boeing, being a US entity manufacturing aircraft in the US, can fly, under their ownership, command and responsibility, an aircraft registered in a a foreign country.

When Airbus tests an aircraft out of the Mobile, AL factory, the aircraft still legally belongs to Airbus; the Mobile factory being under the assembly process certification of Airbus Toulouse, the aircraft's first flight are performed under an F-registration, then transferred to the final registry when the customer accepts them.
Seem things are different with Boeing; the Airbus way makes more sense to be honest.

All it means is that FAA allows the OEM to fly aircraft wearing the final customer’s registration for test flights prior to delivery instead of a N number. Nothing more, nothing less. It doesn’t mean the aircraft is registered in a foreign country-paperwork determines that not what is painted on the aircraft (I mean Airbus has the final registration painted on their aircraft too, it’s just covered with a decal displaying a F- or D- registration that they peel off come delivery time).

DenverTed wrote:
Do the wheels trucks cant forward on take off and rearward on landing?

The 787’s wheels tilt rearwards at rest. During gear retraction/extension they tilt forwards to fit in landing gear bay. If you look at the pictures again you can see the gear are forward when the landing gear bay doors are open and the gear is beginning to retract or just finishing extending.
 
User avatar
JannEejit
Posts: 1615
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:04 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:58 am

I remember the huge '1000th 777' logo on Emirates, A6-EGO several years ago. This seems much more subdued by comparison, in a time when Boeing could probably be forgiven for bigging up on positive news and PR. Might the current global health crisis have influenced this considerably more subtle branding ?
Last edited by JannEejit on Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Polot
Posts: 10523
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:01 pm

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:01 pm

JannEejit wrote:
I remember the huge '1000th 777' logo on Emirates -A6-EGO several years ago. This seems much more subdued by comparison, in a time when Boeing could probably be forgiven for bigging up on positive news and PR. Might the current global health crisis have influenced this considerably more subtle branding ?

In the end it’s up the airline. SQ has a whole appears to prefer subtle a lot more than EK.
 
User avatar
flee
Posts: 1277
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:14 am

Re: First flight for LN1000 787

Mon Apr 06, 2020 12:53 pm

Jefford717 wrote:
Am I the only one who thinks that the 787-10 has the best proportion, better than A35K, B77W and even the B748.

Maybe!
I believe that the B787-9 looks the most balanced member of the family.

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos