Moderators: jsumali2, richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wiss
Topic Author

Historic flight schedules

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:16 pm

Hello everybody

Does anybody know if it's possible to find flight schedules for past years? Specifically, I'm looking for something where I could find departures and arrivals for any given airport and airline. Something that works like flightaware or flightstats, but for recent years, such as 2017, 2018 or 2019.

I am aware that flightstats offers a historic flight search option, but only for people who pay the 25 dollar per month subscription. Is there some alternative for free or for a cheaper price?

I don't really mind about the format. If there is something like a plain text file or an excel spreadsheet with the aforementioned data, I'm completely fine with that.

I recall looking at a PDF document with hundreds of pages, full of worldwide itineraries for a given season many years ago. It was published by IATA or another organism which I currently can't remember. I tried to find it in Google during recent days but without results.

This is for completely personal and private, non-commercial use. I'm an avid flight simulator enthusiast, and I like to follow real world schedules.

Normally I use flightstats, flightaware or flightradar24 to find some schedules. However, due to the massive reductions in flying because of the pandemic, those schedules show only a fraction of options compared to normal times. This is why I'm trying to find something like what I described.

Thanks!

davidjohnson6

Re: Historic flight schedules

Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:46 pm

Major airlines (and even the big 3 airline alliances) stopped publishing PDFs a few years back - it's a long time since this kind of thing was common.
You can however try somewhere like https://www.timetableimages.com/
You could also look at the reference links on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Airline_timetable - it has a link to the oneworld 2011 PDF timetable amongst others
If you just want to see what airlines are flying where in 2020, try looking at Google Flights, but choose a date for September 2020 instead of April 2020
Or, if you live near a *really* good reference library, see if they hold old copies of the OAG Airline Timetable. Once libraries reopen, this is likely to be your golden source for data

That said, there is a value to anyone's time (you can always do something else with your day instead of chasing for hours for old airline timetables), and if you want the data quickly, paying US$25 might be the most effective use of time and money

FlyingElvii

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:06 am

OAG Online...

cesar666cu

Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 am

You can try the web archive.
You might find there some of the informations you are looking for.
http://web.archive.org

Chuska

Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:32 am

There is still the Pocket OAG (which may actually be pocket size by next month) and American Express printed the SkyGuide through 2018 which was fantastic if you know of someone in your area that has those back issues.

PSAatSAN4Ever

Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:03 am

https://info.flightmapper.net/search

You might have some luck here!!

I have been working on trip planning for years into the future, and for my flights, I have been researching past flight times, which this shows.

For example, LAX-VIE on Austrian Airlines gave me flight 84 that departs at 3:00 PM and arrives at 11:00 AM the next day on a 777-200.

SkyVoice

Tue Apr 14, 2020 4:31 am

Here's another source for airline schedules of days past . . . http://www.departedflights.com/

wiss
Topic Author

Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:43 am

Thank you for all the provided answers

I discovered a very interesting website called FlightEra, which provided almost exactly what I was looking for.

At the same time, I discovered a virtual airline called WorldWideVirtual, which also has some very complete schedules from just very few years ago.

Thanks everybody for the answers

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos